~The Barton And The Maximoff~...

By _marvel_st0r1es_

Y/n Barton is not just any girl. When she was 10 she know that she wanted to be just like her father so she s... More

Hydra Base
Back to Headquarters
Getting Ready
The Party
Searching
The Cargo Ship
The Farm
Sol
The Cradle
The Battle of Sokovia Part 1
Recovering
A/N
A/N
New Beginnings
A/N NEW STORY

The Battle of Sokovia Part 2

552 10 3
By _marvel_st0r1es_

When Pietro and I finally arrive at the fight, he sets me down. He speeds off to fight more robots while I do the same. I catch my dad's gaze. Shit, he already made it here. That means Pietro and I should have been here ages before. He most likely knows. He sends me a 'we'll talk later' look. I knew I was in for it, but you know, who gives a shit? I'm fighting alongside Wanda near the bridge and see Pietro speeding by.

"Hold your fire!" One of the policemen says. Pietro stops and I see that a bulletin grazed his arm. One of the policemen didn't obey. He glares at the guy and continues fighting. I try to shut down some of Ultron's robots with my powers, but it takes a very small percentage out of the majority. At least it did some damage.

"The anti-gravs are rigged to flip," I hear Friday say. "Touch them, they'll go full reverse thrust. The city's not coming down slow." Fuckity, fuck, fuck. I hate these stupid robots.

"Spire is vibranium," Tony says. "If I get Thor to hit it..."

"It will crack," Friday replies. "That's not enough. The impact would still be devastating." I fly up into the air with my powers and come crashing down emitting my power from me. It takes down several bots. Now that's what I'm talking about. (Kind of like the Thor Infinity War scene but with your powers instead of lighting)

"Maybe if we can cap the other end," Tony says. "Keep the atomic action doubling back."

"That could vaporize the city," Fridays says. "And everyone on it." Ok, then. Hell, here I come.

"The next wave is gonna hit any minute," Steve says. "What do you got, Stark?" You should've been paying attention, dumbass. I take down a few more bots, crushing them with some of the surrounding debris.

"Huh? Nothing great," Tony replies. "Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface if you guys can get clear."

"I asked for a solution," Steve said. "Not an escape plan."

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second," Tony says. "We're gonna have to make a choice."

"Cap, these people are going nowhere," Natasha says. "If Stark finds a way to blow the rock..." I send an energy blast at an oncoming bot and shield myself from some bullets.

"Not till everyone's safe," Steve says.

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there?" Nat asks him. "There's no math there."

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it," Steve tells her.

"I didn't say we should leave," she says. "There's worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?" I stop to look at Pietro and see him staring back.

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff," I hear Fury say into comms. I laugh in relief. "It's about to get better." As he says this, one of the old S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarriers flies up beside the city.

"Hell, yeah!" I say. Pietro and I run up to the edge of the rock to get a closer look.

"Nice, right?" Fury asks. "Pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do."

"Fury, you son of a bitch," Steve says.

"Ooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?" Fury asks. I couldn't help but laugh. Maria must've told Fury about Steve's little incident.

"Altitude is eighteen thousand and climbing," Maria says. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, gates on the side of the helicarrier open up and lifeboats begin to rush into the city.

"This is S.H.I.E.L.D.?" Pietro asks me.

"This is what S.H.I.E.L.D. is supposed to be," I tell him as I grab ahold of his hand.

"This is not so bad," he says and I just laugh at him.

"Let's load them up," Steve tells us. We all run to the shops, starting to get the civilians out and onto the lifeboats.

"Sir, we have multiple bogies converging on our starboard flank," Maria tells Fury.

"Show 'em what we got," Fury tells her.

"You're up," Maria says into comms. I see Rhodey rush in and start shootings at all of the robots. Fuck, yeah!

"Yes!" I hear him say, clearly excited to be in the battle. "Now this is gonna be a good story." I laugh at his childishness. He's still upset that none of us found his story amusing.

"Yup," Tony tells him. "If you live to tell it." I use my force field to shield some of the civilians from the robots.

"You think I can't hold my own?" Rhodey asks him.

"We get through this, I'll hold your own," Tony says. That's disgusting.

"You had to make it weird," Rhodey says.

"Will both of you shut up and just kick some robot ass?" I ask them.

"Yeah, yeah, on it, little Barton," Tony says.

"I got about fifty to a hundred more coming in after this group," Steve tells one of the medics. I try to guide people to the best of my ability, but I can only do so much. Pietro comes over to me and picks me up. He tells me his plan to kill more robots faster and I nod in approval. He speeds us through the city as I use my powers to tear them apart.

"You think you're saving anyone," Ultron asks. "I turn that key and drop this rock a little early and it's still billions dead. Even you can't stop that." Fucking Asshole.

"I am Thor, son of Odin," Thor says. "And as long as there is life in my breast...I am running out of things to say! Are you ready?" I assume something happened to Ultron and now he's probably pissed off too.

"It's terribly well-balanced," Vision tells Thor.

"Well, if there's too much weight you lose power on the swing, so..." Thor says. I spot a little boy crying, standing in the middle of a crowd. I go up to him and kneel in front of him.

"Hey, buddy," I say. "What's wrong?"

"I can't find my mommy," he wails.

"It's ok," I assure him. "I'll help you find her." I pick up the boy and run over to Pietro. "Can you rush around and find this little boy's mom?" I hand him the small child. "Thanks, bye." I rush off without giving him a chance to respond, but I know that he will make the boy his priority.

"I got it," Tony says. "Create a heat seal. I could... I could supercharge the spire from below."

"Running numbers," Friday responds. "A heat seal could work with enough power."

"Thor, I got a plan," Tony says. Fantastic.

"We're out of time," Thor says. Not fantastic. "They're coming for the core." Shit. Pietro speeds over to me after he helped the little boy.

"Let's go, princessa," he says as he picks me up. We speed off towards the very damaged church.

"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier," Tony says.

"On it," Rhodey replies.

"Avengers, time to work for a living," Tony tells us.

"You think we don't already do that?" I ask as Pietro sets me down inside of the church. We start fighting all of the robots trying to get to the core. They can't touch it or we will all go bye-bye. And I can't let that happen. Eventually, Wanda and Dad arrive at the church. Pietro speeds over to her.

"You good?" He asks her.

"Yeah," Wanda responds.

"Romanoff," Tony says. "You and Banner better not be playing 'hide the zucchini'." Gross. Can Tony ever just not say something weird?

"Relax, shell head," Nat says. "Not all of us can fly." Nat finally gets here and asks, "What's the drill?"

"This is the drill," Tony says while pointing at the core. If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose."

"Is that the best you can do?" Thor asks Ultron as he flies down in front of us. Ultron raises his hand and his whole army of robots comes running at us.

"You had to ask," Steve said. I am with you, Steve. I'm with you all the way on this one.

"This is the best I can do," Ultron says gesturing towards his army. "This is exactly what I wanted. All of you against all of me. How can you possibly hope to stop me?"

"Well," Tony says. "Like the old man said... together." Hulk roars and all of the robots start running towards us. I fly up into the air and shield everyone I can to the best of my ability. I shoot at a few bots, but my priority is to keep everyone safe. So far, we're kicking their ass, but I think that is just pissing Ultron off more. When he's had enough, he joins the fight and charges at Vision. Eventually Tony, Vision, and Thor are shooting some form of laser at Ultron. This damages him a lot and they finally stop. Ultron stands up from the ground.

"You know," Ultron says. "With the benefit of hindsight..." Before he can say anything else, hulk punches him into oblivion. He stares at a group of robots and they all start to run away, causing Hulk to chase after them.

"They'll try to leave the city," Thor says.

"We can't let them, not even one," Tony says. "Rhodey."

"I'm on it," he replies. "Oh no. I didn't say you could leave. War Machine coming at you! Right..." he then stops talking as he sees Vision fly through the air and shoot laser beams at the robots. "Okay, what?" I laugh at his response to Vision. Yeah, it's a lot to take in.

"We gotta move out," Steve tells us. "Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats. I'll sweep for stragglers. Be right behind you."

"What about the core?" Dad asks.

"I'll protect it," Wanda says. Oh, I'm so proud of you. "It's my job."

"Nat," Dad says. "This way." I stay behind to check on Wanda. But then Pietro speeds into the church.

"Get the people on the boats," Wanda tells both of us.

"We're not going to leave you here," I tell her.

"I can handle this," she says. A robot starts to run up to her, but she incinerates it with her powers. "Come back for me when everyone else is off. Not before. You understand?"

"You know," Pietro says. "I'm twelve minutes older than you." He sends her a goofy grin.

"Go," she says as she laughs at him. Pietro then picks me up and we speed through the city making sure we haven't left anyone behind. We finally stop in front of the lifeboats.

"You don't have to pick me up," I tell him. "You know I can teleport."

"I know," he tells me. "But I like this so much better." He gives me a quick peck before placing me down on my feet. I just roll my eyes at him and smirk as I turn the other way. I run to help some stragglers get onto the boats.

"Boss, power levels are way below..." Friday starts but Tony cuts her off.

"Reroute everything," he said. "We got one shot at this."

"I know what I need to do," I hear Dad say through comms. "The dining room. If I knock out that east wall, it'd make a nice workspace for Laura, huh? Put up some baffling. She can't hear the kids running around. What do you think?"

"Seriously Dad?" I ask him. "Another project. I thought that you said that the sunroom would be the last one."

"Yeah, well, I lied," he says.

"Knew it," I muttered.

"You guys always eat in the kitchen anyway," Nat says.

"No one eats in a dining room," Dad says. I see the pull up in a car and hop out. "We don't have a lot of time."

"So get your ass on a boat," Nat tells him. "Hey, big guy. Sun's getting real low." I see Dad hop on a boat but suddenly run back off. What the hell is he doing? He's gonna get himself killed.

"Thor, I'm gonna need you back in the church," Tony says.

"Is this the last of them?" Thor asks.

"Yeah," Steve replies. "Everyone else is on the carrier."

"You know, this works, we maybe don't walk away," Tony says.

"Maybe not," Thor responds. I spot the Quin jet coming by and shoot at the Hulk. This pissed him off. You've done did it now, Ultron. I suddenly see why Dad ran off of the boat. There was a little boy that was stuck. Oh, shit. Ultron is starting to shoot at him. Pietro starts to run over to him. No! He's gonna get shot. I quickly teleport in front of both of them and put my force field up. I struggle to hold it and a few bullets slip through and pierce my abdomen. I let the field go and look back at my dad and Pietro. They were both alright. I go over to hug Pietro and he hugs me back. We let go of each other and start heading to the boats, but I collapse on the ground.

"Y/n?" Pietro asks. "Are you okay?" His eyes widen as he sees the bullet holes in my chest. Quickly, he picks me up and rushes to one of the life boats. "You're gonna be okay, princessa." Everything goes black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 385 17
My name is Isabella Lola Rey Barton, but I wasn't always a Barton. When I was 9 I was taken away from my biological father when he was kidnapped on a...
96.4K 2.3K 32
Being the only child of Tony Stark, Freya was kept out of the spotlight so that she might live a semi-normal life. Unfortunately, how she became Tony...
21.8K 433 15
*fair warning, this is my first story so it's trash.* Wanda Maximoff has already been through too much in her life. The loss of her parents, her home...
12K 404 35
Y/N was a 22 year old woman who just moved to New York City, and trying to live a normal life as a nurse in a hospital, despite being born with stran...