RELIANCE [Alice + Oc + Jaspe...

By Daemons_1_Maid

Reliance. - definition: dependence on or trust in someone or something. ... Lorraine Malarky is the youngest... More

Aesthetics
Epigraph
Prologue
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER THREE

108 5 4
By Daemons_1_Maid

RELIANCE

CHAPTER THREE:

10:23 A.M.

WEDNESDAY

AUGUST 11TH, 2004

FORKS, WASHINGTON

....

                "Now, I'll be by to pick you up around two o'clock," chimed Malcolm. "If not me, then Marcus."
He said all this after parking his Dodge Ram 1500 in front of the Cullens glorious home.

The many windows of the house allowed them to peer into the place, letting the two take in the interior's beautiful, decorative, décor. It's lovely base paint brought forth a comfortability that eased one's very being.

The home itself was modernized with wooden posts and exterior metallic walls that helped aid in holding it upright. It matched the wooden door frames, complimenting the concrete stairs and surrounding sidewalk that led to the garage and all-around driveway. The encasing forest around the home offered a sense of security that protected the window bare structure from prying eyes.

Lorraine shuffled on the leather seat with one hand latched onto the door handle and the other clasping the set of crutches that sat nestled in between her legs in the front seat.

Here's hoping it's you that picks me up, instead of Marcus. Less you want him to try and flirt with Mrs. Cullen - which we do not need to relive that monstrous memory again."

"That little shit," a sigh leaves the man as he shakes his head, lifting his cowboy hat to rake a hand through his wild black locks.

That same hand is dragged downwards to scrub at his beard.

"Yeah, well, it was horrific. I've never seen him stumble over words before in my life and it was like watching a slow-moving vehicle collision. The Cullens that witnessed it were in a state of shock." She says with a grimace pulling at her face, one that held the minor disgust she felt.

"And Dr. Carlisle is aware of this?"

"Oh, and more," she reaffirmed, nodding her head to the house. "He was in their kitchen when Marcus began his blubbering confession to the sweet woman."

Malcolm plops the hat atop his head once more and groans in embarrassment. His reaction is one that she had acted on when the incident occurred and left her face a blushing shade of red, horrified that her brother would be so daring and so oblivious to the fact that the poor woman was married with five adopted children.

It was a day she would never forget and when she swore to the Cullens, and herself, that Marcus would never drive up their driveway to retrieve her from the beautiful home again.

"Well, never mind then. I'll be back to grab you, and I shouldn't be too long." He says after closing and opening his mouth in a state of shock.

"I'm heading to the shop in Port Angeles to get some paperwork done and get some of the boys there to pick up some of the slack since I'll be gone for a while."

"That's the better decision, I don't think any of us want to relive that day."

"I'll say."

The father and daughter duo chuckled together before he exited the vehicle to swing around the front end of the truck, till he reached her side. He pulled the passenger door open to grab ahold of the crutches she had offered to him, while moving her body closer to the edge of the seat to grab at his extending arms, holding onto his black Carhart coat.

Lorraine clung to his coat's sleeves until she was stable enough to shift her hands downwards to the handlebars of the crutches, getting a good grip less she falls on her arse. With a couple of re-adjustments, she was now putting all her weight onto the damned things and gazing up at the beautiful home beyond her father's shoulders.

"Thanks for doing this, Dad."

The sudden tone of appreciation caused Malcolm to stop what he was doing to meet her eyes with a warmth taking over his being. He shoved her bookbag and supply bag onto his left shoulder before leaning down to press a kiss alongside her forehead. "Any time, kiddo."

A warm expression painted her features as she eased her way past him.

Malcolm let her hobble to the front of him and towards the small staircase that laid before the doorway.

He only leant a hand when she couldn't heft herself up and onto the last step. But the fact that he was allowing Lorraine to do things her way showed how he had full faith in her capabilities and that he trusts in the eighteen-year-olds' decisions. And he knew that if his stubborn, bullhead, of a daughter wanted help. She would give him a subtle nudge or look before quietly asking to lend her some aid or help, while she dealt with the internal frustration that blossomed when she couldn't do it.

Together they stood before the main door of the Cullen's house and knocked, waiting patiently.

In, what took like a couple of minutes, the view of the glass panel of the door stood a woman of breath-taking looks. Her figure was slender, and it matched perfectly with her model-like appearance. (All in all, Malcolm could see why his youngest son had even attempted to woo her. Because he knew very well who the beauty that greeted them was- the compassionate wife of the kind doctor, Esme Cullen.)

With a tender smile planted onto her porcelain features, Esme Cullen opened the door with a fluidness that bespoke the utter regal, grace, she held.

"Mr. Malarky, Lorraine, welcome. I am so happy to see the both of you." Her soothing tone blanketed the two. "Please, why don't you come inside."

The woman's voice was gentle and full of politeness, which only this saintly woman could offer.

"Oh, don't mind me Mrs. Cullen. I'm just here to drop off Lory... Again, I can't thank you enough for this." Malcolm gave the woman a thankful smile that showed his gratefulness.

Esme tsked his worries and opened her hands to accept the bag of supplies that he had stuffed inside an old duffle bag of Lorraine's. Her honey-gold irises swiveled to said girl, who gave the woman a bright smile in return. With a soft look, she opened the door further for Lorraine and then turned her attention back the form of the girl's father. "She's practically family to us, Mr. Malarky. We adore her presence here at the house and I am sure my husband will want to take a look at her sutures."

A booming voice suddenly echoes around the house, one that was all-too familiar to the now grinning Lorraine, who hurriedly crutched past the smiling Esme and towards the living room area.

Esme watched her go on with a soft laugh, "especially Emmett, Alice, and Jasper."

Malcolm could only stare after his daughter as she disappeared around the corner and into the large space, where a loud crow-like laugh met her arrival.

He couldn't stop the smirk pulling at his lips as he heard that same voice cries out his daughter's name in excitement and joy. "And I'm taking that was the bigger one?"

"You'd be correct," she confirmed as the calls grew louder with the reunion of the two friends. Her red-painted lips were upturned before they fell into a gentle line as she focused on the man again.

"Are you sure you won't come in for a cup of coffee?"

"Unfortunately, I've got to hurry on to Port Angeles to the shop before the list of jobs pile up."

He sighs with a forlorn look adorning his face at the prospect of spending more time with his daughter.

"Well, my home is open to you as well."

Esme carries an almost fond shimmer in her golden gaze that holds Malcolm in place, noticing how easy it was to get drawn in, which he'd seen his daughter do with those two friends of hers'.

"Carlisle speaks highly of you, especially of your late wife. She was dear to the hospital staff and to him. I know he would love the company of his past colleague's husband."

The mere mention of his late wife sent a wave of pain through his core, though he felt a mixture of affection at how adoring his beloved was to the people at Forks hospital.

His eyes grew wet.

"She was fond of him as well." He says softly, remembering Lindsey's smiling face. "And sought a good friendship with him before the cancer grew worse. I am sure she counted him a dear friend and colleague, and I can say I would love to take up your offer someday soon."

Esme's understanding eyes and sympathy was felt as she reached out to lay a cold hand atop his arm. A look of genuine empathy passes from her kind gaze and to him.

"We will look forward to that day."

"Esme! Emmett won't give back my crutches!"

The sudden yell came from Lorraine, whose voice had jerked Malcolm's reminiscing form back to the present and had a frown coming across his face. He shifted his attention from the calm woman and back to the living room area, where the chaos seemed to grow.

But the pleasant smile on the compassionate female's face spoke of her amusement as she simply shook her head and turned to give the confused man a chuckle.

"I'd best get going, before Lorraine attempts to get them herself." She says this while shaking her head, causing caramel locks to sway, and laughs under her breath.

The humor swirling within her golden orbs is bare to him.

"Please remember my offer, Mr. Malarky. And do try to drive safe."

Malcolm's attention is shifted back to her as he extends a hand and shakes her own, ignoring the chill as usual. "Of course, Mrs. Cullen. And thank you again, for watching Lory while I am gone."

"We'd always welcome her."

"I am sure she'll take you up on that," is what Malcolm says as he begins to backtrack towards his truck.

His hand comes up to the amazingly gentle woman, giving her a farewell wave.

"Take care, now."

Esme watches as he jumps into the driver's seat and then rides off, pulling his old black truck out of their driveway and onto the road, picking up in speed. She follows the sight of the aged truck till it soon disappears. The sound of its motor still ringing within her very ears as she waited for it too to eventually fade away.

Softly, she closes the door to the house and turns towards the general direction of their family's living room, where the noise had picked up in audio. It was apparent that Lorraine was now sitting beside a beaming Alice on the couch, while a firm Jasper was ordering for Emmett to return the injured girl's crutches.

The clash of the two young men's voices had a wide smile tugging at Esme's face. She entered the room to see Emmett teasingly argue with the stoic form of his partner's deemed twin brother, who sends the broad-shouldered male a firm stare. Alice leans over to murmur something into Lorraine's ear, which causes the bright female to belt out a loud laugh. Her head thrown backwards as the force of her laughter shakes her frame. It has a snicker leaving the pixie's lips in response, scooting closer to prop her head on the black-haired girl's shoulder.

"What is going on in here?"

Esme eases onto the other side of the couch, gently placing herself next to her daughter and the laughing girl close by.

Lorraine hoots out another laugh before covering her mouth to muffle the rest of the giggles as she shakes her head at the two males in front of her, nudging Alice in return. But soon, after calming her laughs down.

She meets Esme's twinkling gaze and snorts.

"Emmett said he wasn't afraid of Jasper. This led Jazz to trying to get back my crutches... But now Emmett's too afraid to even more."

Alice giggles against her shoulder and gives Esme a secret look (letting her adoptive mother know quietly that Jasper had decided to use his empath abilities to manipulate Emmett's bravery into sudden fear, for the fun of it.)

"They've been standing there for a couple of minutes now."

Said bear like male barks out a laugh, "I'm not moving because I am trying to make a point!"

The look in his topaz irises says otherwise, which sends both girls into a set of giggles.

Esme chuckles softly as she stands, reaching down to lovingly pat both Alice and Lorraine's heads before she makes her way towards the two males. "Well, it's time for you boys to both settle down. Emmett's going to help Lorraine study for her math courses, before I make her some lunch."

"Aw, mom..." Emmett's eyes grew wide as he tries to sway her choice with a puppy-like stare.

He shifts his focus from the silently glaring Jasper, who takes this chance to yank Lorraine's crutches away from his uncurling fists. Lorraine perks up as Jasper makes his way towards her and Alice, smiling up with appreciation at the silent blond once he sits on her other side with the crutches held tightly in his grasp.

"Thanks," she says to the blond male before focusing on Emmett again, "and she's not wrong."

"Thank you, Lorraine." Esme warmly says, before crossing her arms at her son.

"Fine, but she owes me for this. And I'm talking sport bets, lots of them." Emmett warns the girl while he makes his way to the counter table off to the side, where his case of books and pencils sit waiting.

"Now c'mon, short stuff. Let's get you better at Calculus than mean ole Mr. Varner himself."

A nasty scowl flickers across the girl's face at the name of her Calculus teacher, who used to be her Trigonometry teacher in her junior year. The old man and her bumped heads more times than not and countered one another with rigid remarks. It was well known that if the two were alone, then eventually it would evolve into a dispute, which was why Emmett sat next to her in his class and why Jasper would walk her to class with Alice – hoping to settle her negative emotions directed towards the grouch of a man.

"No one's better than that man, if he has a say," is all she will add before Emmett makes his way towards the couch before he plops down on the floor in front of her with his work and hers spread out on the coffee table.

Esme gives her a concerned look, though it's replaced by a soft one as Alice shushes Lorraine's negative response with a teasing joke that sparks a snort. She watches Jasper, who seems to melt against his partner, reach out and just lay the tips of his fingers atop the black-haired girl's left shoulder in an attempt to settle and sooth her emotions.

It is an easy action and one that appears to be subconscious to the two, unaware of the knowing glances Esme and her broader son share.

Their connection was more than they themselves knew, and understood.

Esme felt her heart blossom at the trio. Her want for these kids to find love and happiness was roaring back to the forefront of her thoughts again.

But with a secretive glance, she stood.

"Lorraine, I'm going to get started in some lunch. I'll come and bring you a plate once it's been made, but please let me know if you need anything... or if you'll need your medication."

She tells the young woman as she starts off to the kitchen.

At once, both her children's eyes rise at her words.

While girl gifts her with a nod and smile as she is propped between Alice and Jasper, taking the set of papers from the low speaking Emmett, who sets a book on her lap as she goes to scribble on the blank page.

"I'll come with you, Esme," Alice says then with a hidden look in her all knowing eyes. "That way she won't be distracted by me or Jazz, who's offered to drive Edward, Rosalie, and I to school."

Jasper's silent form is straight and held with the utmost of his composure, though his eyes wander to Lorraine once or twice.

They apparently feel something as she noted.

"You're planning to attend your classes now?" She decides to play it off with a simple question.

"We thought against going, but seeing as these two need to work on their calculus." Alice shoots a look over her shoulder at Jasper. "

"It's probably better that we go, all I've got to do is inform the front desk that we'll be in late."

This gets Lorraine to look up.

Her focus is pulled towards the playful look adorning the pixie's features, and the smirk on the other two boy's faces. Before it dissipates to confusion. She leans forwards a bit, glancing between the two nearby.

"You're telling me that y'all planned to skip school, just to help me with my calculus work?"

The confusion is clear.

"But now you're going... Wait, Emmett's staying then?"

Emmett himself, snorts and taps his pencil against her left leg. He gestures to the others. "They felt it would have been better because of the past couple of days with my friend being hurt and all. I wasn't in a good head place."

Lorraine gives him a immediate look of concern now, assessing his form with worry.

"But I am now, and you're here, wanting help... So, focus." He points then to her papers, while waving her concern away.

A sudden warmth swells within Lorraine's chest at the bear-like man's words and she can't help but grab at his hand and offer him a genuine smile, squeezing his much bigger hand with affection. "Thanks, big guy."

A sheepish look grows on Emmett's face as he shakes his hand in the air, "yeah, yeah."

This causes Alice, Lorraine, and Esme to laugh lightly, while Jasper chuckles.

______

Here we have the third chapter of Lorraine's story! It's a two-parter of the second chapter as I wanted to connect it from the one where she had just woken up in her home, around her family. And then was taken to the Cullens, where she could be merged into their family. It shows how she holds certain connections with each member of our dearly beloved vampires - Rosalie, Carlisle, and Edward will be making an appearance on the fourth chapter just as an fyi! Also, I hope you've enjoyed this chapter and that the aspects in these character that we know and love, the Cullens, have been seen in the ones here.

Thank you to the people that voted, and especially to @Averagecrazychic for commenting on my story. It truly means the world to me, specifically from my favorite Edward x Oc writer as well. Admittedly, I fangirled. And I am not ashamed by that, lol.

Thank you for all the warmth and love! Like, comment, vote if you'd like!

Have a wonderful day or night, lovely's!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

671K 11.9K 31
{This Book is discontinued, but on my page is a new version of this book I'm writing you should check out if you want to. Thank you!} Madison Deane S...
416K 20.3K 67
petrichor, "the earthy scent produced when rain falls on dry soil". Kiara Black can't wait to graduate and leave her hometown in the past. Her relati...
343K 11.2K 28
Milly Swan was the sweetest girl anyone would ever have the pleasure to meet. She was a breath of fresh air to anyone that came across her, and it wa...
62.8K 1.2K 23
Piper Swan is the older sister of Isabella Swan. Piper is quite outgoing and funny when she wants to be. She's overprotective of her little sister, e...