Spirit Guardian

By Megan-41

What if when Charlie lost Bella, he gained another daughter? What if he knew about the Shifters and the Cold... More

Cast
Soundtrack
Graphics
A broken father and Orphaned Daughter
Unrequited love
Questions
Little Moments
Lions & Wolfs & Bears, Oh My!
Cornered
Changing Tides
Broken Pieces
Tear-Stained Soul
Be careful what you hunt
I wish things could be different
Den Of Lionesses
Blood & Broken Dreams
Beware The Moons Merciless Sway
Lost Flames Reaching Through Sorrowed Shadows

Cold Ones

2.3K 148 18
By Megan-41

                    Bella pulls into the parking lot of Forks High School with Koda in the passenger seat. All eyes are on them as they park and then climb out of the truck. Koda wore knee-length jean shorts that showed off her firm legs and a tight white wife beater. She throws her backpack over her shoulder and walks around the truck to her sister, who steps in a puddle, soaking her sneakers. "Don't worry, Bell. I had a feeling that might happen, so I grabbed your other pair of shoes," Koda explained. Bella sighs in relief, not used to Forks's wet climate. After changing her shoes, Bella follows Koda through the halls. Many people stare and whisper around them, making Bella extremely nervous. A young man of Asian descent, standing at six feet one with hair so long it covers his forehead and is black as an oil slick, walks toward them. The young man's brown eyes light up at the sight of Bella. He also wore a very business-looking tie and shirt.

                    "You're Isabella Swan, the new girl. Hi. I'm Eric. The eyes and ears of this place. Anything you need...," he said, but Koda interrupted him.

                    "I think I'm more than capable of showing my sister around, Eric," she explained, finally catching his attention.

                    "Oh, Koda...yeah, sorry," Eric stuttered. Bella could see how nervous the dude was around her sister, so she spoke up.

                    "I'm kind of the 'suffer in silence' type," she explained.

                    Eric's face lights up, "Good headline for your feature...," he said, but Koda interrupted him once more.

                    "No," she said sternly.

                    "R...right, no feature," he said, then walked off. Koda sighs and leads her sister to Mr. Varner's class.

                    Later In the gym, the boys' basketball team runs drills on one half of the basketball court. A girl's volleyball game occupies the other half. Bella, in gym clothes, avoids the volleyball like it's radioactive. Unfortunately, the volleyball heads toward Bella. She closes her eyes, ready for the impact, but it never comes. Bella opened her eyes, finding that Koda had somehow made it across the court just in time to smack the volleyball away and back over the net. Confusion filled Bella, not knowing how Koda could move so fast. Soon the game ends, and the girls move the net off the court. A very good-looking young man, about five foot eleven, with pale blue eyes and blond hair, walked toward Bella. "You must be Koda's sister Isabella, right?" he asked, putting on the sweetest smile that made most girls swoon.

                   Bella seemed totally unaffected by it, though, "Just Bella," she said.

                    "I'm Mike Newton," he explained, looking at her a second too long, clearly taken by Bella. Suddenly a pretty girl standing at about five foot one walks over. She has voluminous straight, dark brunette hair and blue eyes.

                    "Aren't you the new girl from Arizona, right? Aren't people supposed to be tan down there?" she asked with a fake smile. Koda notices and walks over, stopping by Bella's side.

                    "Maybe that's why they kicked me out," Bella joked. Mike laughs, and because he does, so does the girl, but it is easy to see it is fake. Koda could see just how uncomfortable her sister was with the attention.

                    "Sorry, Mike...Jessica, but my sister and I should get going before we're late for our next class," Koda explained, then pulled her sister away from them.

                     Bella sighed in relief, "Thank you," she whispered.

                    Soon it's lunchtime, and Koda flops down at a table next to Bella with a tray full of food. Mike and Jessica join the table carrying their own trays. Eric appears and squishes into a seat next to Bella. Another girl sits down next to Eric with a tray of food. She was a couple of inches shorter than Koda, with dark brown hair and gentle brown eyes covered by glasses. "Angela, this is my sister Bella," Koda said. Angela smiles at Bella, who smiles back.

                    "Hey Mike, you met my home girl Bella," Eric said, trying to stake his claim on Bella.

                    A spark of jealousy flashed through Mike's eyes, "Your home girl?" he asked in disbelief.

                    "My girl," a handsome boy of African-American descent with an athletic build and curly black hair said. His brown eyes are filled with mischief as he suddenly kisses Bella's cheek and yanks Mike's chair out from under him, causing him to fall. The young man takes off running with Mike chasing after him.

                    "It's first grade all over again, and you're the shiny new toy," Jessica joked with a hint of jealousy in her tone. Koda rolls her eyes and shoves her food in her mouth as Bella smiles awkwardly. Suddenly, a flash blinds them both. They look up at the photographer, Angela.

                    "Sorry, needed a candid for the feature...," she explained, but Eric rudely interrupted her.

                    "Feature's dead, Angela. Don't bring it up again," he snapped, then looked at Bella. "I got your back, baby," he proclaimed.

                    "Guess we'll just run another editorial on teen drinking," Angela said disappointedly.

                    "There's always eating disorders or Speedo padding on the swim team," Bella added.

                    "Wait, that's a good one...," Angela said, now inspired to write a new school article, but Bella's attention was now riveted to the double doors of the cafeteria. They swing open, revealing four gorgeous people Bella's ever seen. Koda rubs her nose a little at the slight corpse scent that hits her nose. The group was made of two guys, and two girls, all chalky pale, purplish shadows under their eyes and all painfully beautiful. They move through the room with effortless grace and take a seat at a table furthest from Koda's. Bella leans over to Jessica and Angela as Mike sits back beside her.

                    "Who are they?" she asked, catching their attention.

                    "The Cullens, I'm surprised Koda hasn't told you about them," Angela said as Jessica leaned in, jumping into gossip mode.

                    "Doctor and Mrs. Cullen's foster kids. They all moved down here from Alaska two years ago," she explained.

                    "They kinda keep to themselves," Angela added.

                    "Because they're all together. Like, together together. The blonde girl, Rosalie, and the big dark-haired guy, Emmett...," Jessica carefully pointed out. Rosalie is tall and statuesque. She has a beautiful figure, the kind you saw on the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. Emmett was around Koda's height and had huge muscles like a serious weight lifter. Just like Rosalie, he was handsome with dimples causing the guys around him to be self-conscious.

                    "... They're a thing. I'm not even sure that's legal," Jessica whispered like it was some huge scandal.

                    "Jess, they're not actually related," Angela said, trying to defend the Cullens.

                   "But they live together," Jessica said as if it was such a crime.

                    "You say things like that, then wonder why they keep to themselves," Koda said in annoyance.

                    Jessica huffs in annoyance, "The little dark-haired girl over there is Alice. She's really weird...," she whispered, pointing towards a very short girl. The girl was only four foot ten with pixie-like features. Her hair is cropped short and spiky. "She's with Jasper, the blonde who looks like he's in pain," Jessica explained. Jasper was the complete opposite of Alice. He's taller and leaner, standing at about six foot three. "I mean, Dr. Cullen's like this foster dad slash matchmaker," Jessica said. Bella noticed that although they were adopted, they had similar features, like purple shadows under their eyes, which were all topaz colored.

                    "Maybe he'll adopt me," Angela joked. Bella laughs, liking her, then sees the last Cullen enter the room. They are a stunning young woman standing at five-foot-six with a lean athletic figure. Her long silky bronze-colored hair made her bright topaz eyes stick out even more. She seems inwardly turned, mysterious. Unlike her sisters, who dressed girlish, she had a more tomboy style. But to Bella, she was most striking of them all. Bella couldn't take her eyes off the girl.

                    "Who's she?" Bella asked.

                    Mike looked over, "That's Edith Cullen...She's gorgeous, but apparently, no one here is good enough for her," he spat, making it obvious she had turned him down. Edith smirks as she walks over to her siblings and sits down. Her eyes meet Bella's. But she seems confused as Bella quickly looks away.

Please comment and vote 😁👍🏻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 936 13
[ brain • storm ] -a moment in which one is suddenly unable to think or act sensibly ! TW ! THIS BOOK CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING: SUBSTANCE ABUSE, H...
110K 2.6K 25
What if Jacob Black never ran away? What if something else happened after the fight with the newborn army? Eleanor doesn't know anything about her pa...
His World By Chy

Fanfiction

25.6K 921 28
What if the final standoff with the Volturi had gone differently? What if the Cullens had lost one of their own that day? *Takes place after Breaking...
523K 12.8K 76
Cover by @WHORV06 It's always quite hard to believe that creatures like Vampires and Shapeshifters exist. Both are natural swore enemies that are hel...