the journey || goh. {UNDER ED...

By page_yerin

under editing before i continue more chapters | ❁ཻུ۪۪ ━ ❝ 𝑻𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒏 𝒂 𝒋𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖�... More

character info
enter pikachu!
legend? go! friends? go!
ivysaur's mysterious tower
mind-boggling dynamax
working my way back to mew!
serving up the flute cup!

settling the scorbunny!

184 4 8
By page_yerin

Date : 2/4/23 - 2/5/23

After Lugia brought Ash, Goh and Aria together, they became research fellows at the newly opened Cerise Laboratory in Vermillion City.

Then, after investigating a mysterious incident involving Ivysaur, their hearts stirred with a renewed love for the wonders of Pokémon.

Now, our heroes are just beginning another brand-new day at the Cerise Laboratory.

Goh spread toothpaste on his toothbrush and yawned, brushing his teeth. I brushed mine with one eye closed, still half asleep.

"Goh, Aria, check it out!" Ash exclaims.

We turn to Ash, who was brushing his teeth like crazy.

"Here's my new discovery!"

"Do it like this and you'll finish brushing your teeth in no time!" Ash sputters.

"Pika! Pikachuuuuuuuu!" Pikachu says, rocking sideways quickly like Ash.

The two of us watch them awkwardly.

"What is he doing..." I say in between brushes.

"You're good, buddy...but I can still brush faster than youuuuuuuu!" Ash starts to move his head around with Pikachu.

"Pika pika pika...."

"Let's see who wins the dizzy contest." Goh says. I gurgle water and spit it out in the sink.

"Probably none of them."

"Aah!" Ash and Pikachu pant and turn around. "I'd never feel.....dizzy."

The two fall down.

"Pika...Pikachu..."

"I'm spinning. The world is spinning..."

"Pi....Pikachu.."

Goh gurgles his water and spits it out as the two fall from dizziness.

"I'm out." I walk out of the bathroom.

Goh and I are sitting at the table while Mr. Mime sets up the food. He makes movements showing him getting food and water, and puts it in front of Goh.

"Thank you." Goh reaches for the invisible cup and sweatdrops since there was nothing there. I chuckle.

"Goh, did you really think there's actually something visible there?"

"Um..maybe?"

Ash groans. "Morning Mimey."

"Pika pika.."

"Mime mime mime mime!" Mr. Mime walks away.

"I'm still all wobbly.." Ash leans back on his chair.

Goh suddenly yelps and stands up. "We've gotta go now!"

"Huh?"

"What's the occasion?" I sigh and follow him.

"Goh! Aria!"

The rest of them stand there clueless.

"Slow down, you two!" Ash calls out to us. "I haven't even had breakfast."

"Professor Cerise!" Goh says, dragging Ash.

"Good morning, all of you." Dad replies.

"Look! This data!" Goh shoves out his phone and shows it to dad. "It's about a phenomenon where Pokémon grow giant sized!"

"Wait what?" I walk over to the phone to look at it. "Hey, it's Professor Magnolia!"

"Who's Professor Magnolia..?" Goh asks.

"Woah! That sounds totally awesome!" Ash and Pikachu's eyes sparkle, ignoring Goh's question.

Dad chuckles. "Everybody, calm down. You can witness that phenomenon in the Galar region."

"The Galar region?" Goh asks.

"Please, Professor? I wanna go and check it out!" Ash exclaims.

"Me, too!" Goh grins.

"Well, the Galar region is very interesting.." I think for a second. "Sure, I wanna go too."

"I suppose. This is a good opportunity to go and see those giant-sized Pokémon for yourself." Dad smiles. "That experience will stay with you forever."

"All right!" Goh and Ash shout.

"To the Galar region!" I say.

"Pika pikaaaa!"

"Esp, Espeon!"

Settling the Scorbunny!

*insert music*

Goh and I are sitting together on the airplane and Ash is behind us, unfortunately alone.

He was sound asleep while me and Goh were wide awake.

"There it is, the Galar region!" Goh smiles at the window.

Ash suddenly wakes up, gasping. He looks out the window. "Where?"

"When did you wake up?! You scared me half to death!" I shriek as quietly as possible, unconsciously grabbing Goh's arm.

"Uh, Ari.."

"Wait, huh?" I look at my arm attached to his before quickly jumping off him.

Face red and completely embarrassed, I look the other way while I see Goh staring out the window awkwardly.

We walk out of a train and Goh beeps his card through the scanner so we could go through. Ash looks around in amazement.

"Pika!"

"Whoa!"

I take out my lavender phone since I was the best one with directions. "Let's see. From here we go to.."

"Tell me, where are we going from here?" Ash peers at my Rotom phone.

"Transfer to the train for the Wild Area. The ticket office should be to our...left." I explain.

"Got it!" Ash shouts, walking to the right.

"Pikachu!"

"I literally just said left side!" I sigh then chuckle. Ash laughs sheepishly.

"What?! Why is there a delay?" I groan.

"More than three hours till the next train?!" Ash complains.

"Espeon.."

"Is there any other way to go besides the train?" Goh asks the ticket office person.

"Well, there is a bus available, but I'm afraid it leaves in six hours." The man scratches his head.

"No way." Goh sighs, looking down.

"Well, what are you gonna do?" Ash asks.

"Huh?"

"Why don't we make the best of it and go find some food?" Ash suggests, digging through his backpack.

"Pika pika!"

"Yes! I'm starving." I smile.

"I'm in!" Goh says.

"Where can we eat nearby?" Goh turns to me.

I click through my phone.

"Give me a sec!" Ash sniffs the air with Pikachu. "I smell something yummy."

"Pikachu."

"Eh." I stare at them.

Goh chuckles. "His senses perk up when there's food on the line."

We follow Ash and Pikachu to a small cafe.

Ash runs over to the cafe window with sparkly eyes.

"Wow! Wow! What are these teeny, tiny things with the awesomely great smell?"

"Uh, I think those are scones." I take a look at the snacks. "It's a specialty of the Galar region, right?"

"Yep!" Goh confirms.

"Mister!" Ash looks up at the person selling them. "I want those teeny, tiny, great-smelling, awesome things!"

"Hold on." Goh looks at him.

Ash and Pikachu bite into a scone. "So yummy!"

"Pikachu!"

I take a bite. "Hmm. It's pretty good."

I take a scone and give it to Espeon. She sniffs it, then nibbles. "Esp."

"Now, Pikachu, don't try to eat too much at once." Ash says before the two start gagging.

They grab a cup of water and gulp it down.

"Ah.."

"Pika..."

Goh starts to laugh. "The two of you act exactly the same!"

"Well, when something tastes that yummy..." Ash takes out another bag of scones. "Good thing there's a lot more where that came from so we won't go hungry."

Something flies above us.

"Huh?"

Something makes the trash can spin.

"What was that?" Ash asks.

"Pi?" Pikachu runs to the trash can. "Pi pi pi. Pika?"

He takes out a rock. "Pika!"

"A rock?"

"It came flying in out of nowhere." Goh says.

"Wonder where that came from." I think.

Another rock flies in before Espeon uses Psychic to stop it.

"Huh?" We turn to where it came from.

A muddy Pokémon snickers. "Scor scor scor.."

"A Pokémon!" Ash exclaims. "Where's my camera?"

"Grab it!" Goh whispers.

"It's kinda cute." I smile at the brown Pokémon.

"Pika!" Pikachu looks at three Nickit going through Ash's backpack and runs away with it. "Pika?!"

"Hey, that's my backpack!" Ash cries.

"It's getting away too!" Goh says, referring to the brown Pokémon. "It looks like they're friends?"

"Are they working together?" I assume.

"Come on!"

We all run after those mischievous Pokémon.

"Hey, our tickets to the Wild Area are in your backpack, too, aren't they, Ash?" Goh shouts.

"Uh-huh!"

"Pika!"

"Espeon!" Espeon tries to use Psychic, but misses.

We get stuck with two ways.

"Man, which way did they go?" Ash groans.

There's a bell ring. We turn around to see the brown Pokémon balancing a rock with its foot. It looks up at us.

"Scor." It smirks.

"Hey, a decoy!" Goh says, turning around. "Your backpack's that way!"

We follow Goh until they disappear.

"Pi pi pi!"

"They're— They're gone!" Ash says.

"You go that way!" Goh suggests to Ash who nods. "Come with me, Ari!"

The three of us split and me and Goh run alongside each other with Espeon behind us. We run past a narrow alley, but Goh turns back to it.

"Foot..prints?" I say at the black shapes on the ground.

"Let's go." Goh gestures.

"I called Ash." Goh whispers to me behind the bushes.

"Got it." I whisper back.

We watch the Scorbunny look for the Nickit, who comes out from the other bushes, and it gives Scorbunny the backpack.

"Goh! Aria!" Ash shouts to us. Goh and I turn around.

"Shh! Be quiet!" Goh shushes and gestures him to come over.

We watch the Scorbunny look through the backpack.

"D'ah! There it is!" Ash jumps out of the bushes.

"Chill out!" Goh puts a hand on his shoulder.

"Let's wait and watch what it does." I inform him, taking out my phone and snapping a picture of the Nickit.

"Nickit, the fox Pokémon. A Dark Type. Nickit likes to steal food that other Pokémon have found. It uses its fluffy tail to erase any footprints it leaves behind."

"Yep, it's a Nickit." I say. I snap a picture of the other Pokémon.

"No data exists for that Pokémon."

Goh gasps. "So that means it might be..."

No way..

"A new Pokémon species!" The three of us say in unison before covering our mouths. "Ah!"

We all gasp with sparkly eyes, looking back at the brown Pokémon.

"Awesome!"

"A new species! A new species!"

"Scor, scor. Bun! Scor!" It takes out the bag of scones.

"Nickit! Nickit! Nickit!" The Nickit chatter.

"Scor. Bun. Ny." It gives the three Nickit each one scone and one for himself. "Scor-bun!"

The three Nickit dig into their scone.

"It looks like that one's their leader." Goh points out.

"Exactly what I was gonna say." I reply.

"Yeah." Ash says.

The Nickit lick their lips but their stomach still growl. "Kit.."

They look at the unknown Pokémon. "Scor.." it says hesitantly.

"Kit?" The three look at the Pokémon with pleading eyes.

The bunny sighs and breaks his scone in half, giving one to them.

"It seems like a good friend." Goh says.

"Goh, are you reading my mind?" I look at him.

"It's doing the right thing." Ash looks at them with sad/proud eyes. "Sharing with friends is what it's all about!"

He wipes his tears before jumping out of the bushes. "Those teeny, tiny things belong to me!"

"Scor, scor!" The Pokémon looks at us.

"Huh?"

"Oh, no! It sees us!" Goh shouts.

"Hey, that backpack is mine!" Ash charges to the Pokémon, who kicks his backpack up. "Oh!"

"Give it back!" He says as the bunny kicks it out of his way.

"Oh god-" I stare at the backpack flying in the air.

"Scorbun!"

"Nickit!" The Nickit nod and run away.

"Scor...!" It jumps up to the backpack.

"Pika!" Pikachu and Ash gasp.

"Bun!" It kicks the backpack and makes it stuck on a hook on a lamppost. Ash whimpers in shock.

"Scor..bun!" It goes for Ash.

"Oh no."

"Pikachu!" Pikachu runs up, and the Pokémon's foot is on Pikachu's cheek, then kicks it away.

"Pikachu!" Ash says.

"Pikachu!"

"Scorbunny! Scorbunny!" The bunny mocks Pikachu.

"Oh, really? We'll see about that!" Ash says. "'Kay, Pikachu, lets do this!"

"Pika pika!"

"Use Iron Tail!" Ash commands.

"Chu..."

"Scor!" It kneels down and dodges Pikachu.

"Pika!"

"Woah." I say.

It makes black footprints as it runs with blue energy around it.

"Hey..wait a minute." I look at Goh.

"Yeah. We saw that before."

It runs up the wall and jumps backwards.

"Dodge it, Pikachu!"

"Pi!"

"Pikachu, Thunderbolt! Let's go!"

"Pika...chu!!"

It dodges, but runs into a bin, falling backwards.

"Now, Pikachu! Use Electroweb!"

"Pika! Pika pika pika...chupi ka!"

Wait what-

"Scor!" It tries to get out but is electrocuted. It falls back, groaning. "S-scor, scor. Scorbunny.."

"We did it!" Ash picks up Pikachu.

"Pika!"

"Espeon?" I look down at her. "Do your thing."

"Espeon.." Espeon uses Psychic to bring Ash's backpack down.

"Thanks Espeon." Ash grins and puts on his backpack, turning around to the Pokémon.

"Scor." It looks away angrily.

Ash runs to the Pokémon and kneels to it. "You're a lot of fun, really!"

"Scor!" An irk mark appears on his head and it kicks Ash from the back. "Bun!"

"What's that for?"

"Pika!" Pikachu charges his electricity. "Pikachuu!"

He electrifies Ash and the other Pokémon.

"Scor, scor, scor!"

"You've got some great moves!" Goh says. "That was a nice kick back there! Heh."

"And when you started running everywhere!" I smile. "That was actually pretty cool. You were so fast!"

"Scor." Scorbunny smiles, wiping the area under its nose. It reveals a white spot.

"Huh?" I look at the white area.

"Uh...wait, that couldn't mean that you're-" Goh looks at me and the Pokémon.

"Hey, you rascals!" A man calls.

"Scor! Ny!" The Pokémon covers the white part.

"Don't move a muscle!"

"Mister, wait a minute!" Goh calls as we finally catch up to the brown Pokémon.

"Huh?"

"Scor?"

"I'm so sorry!" Goh bows. "See, the truth is you're holding my Pokémon!"

Wait what-

"Ah! You mean this?" He points to the Pokémon. "This is yours?"

"Yes, sir! I will make sure it never does anything like that again." He looks up then bows again. "Uh, so, could you please overlook this offense just one time? I'm very sorry!"

The man scratches his head while the Pokémon looked shocked.

The Nickit gasp at the plate of scones and start chittering as they eat.

"Incredible. Why would you go and tell a fib like that?" The man looks at Goh.

"Uh, how did you know?" Goh replies sheepishly.

The man laughs. "How could I not know? Your lie got more of a reaction out of Scorbunny than I've ever seen."

"Scorbunny?"

"So that's it's name?" I ask.

"Yes, of course!" The man replies.

"Scorbunny, huh?" Goh takes out his phone. "Rotom, please show me Scorbunny's data."

"Scorbunny, the rabbit Pokémon. A Fire Type. When Scorbunny is ready to battle, the pads above its nose and under its feet give off intense heat. The soles of its feet are also said to bring good luck."

"Aww!" Ash gasp-laughs.

"It's supposed to be white, but that Scorbunny is brown." Goh looks at Scorbunny.

"It purposely covers itself in mud." The man explains.

"Why though?" I ask.

"The truth is those Nickit have been living in this town for as long as anyone can remember."

*insert flashback*

"They try to fend for themselves. But they have to work hard just to get by."

The Nickit steal an apple someone dropped and shared it with the three of them. But they were still hungry.

"Then, all of a sudden, that Scorbunny came along. It was already covered with dried mud by then. Maybe it was destiny that caused it to become friends with the Nickit."

The Scorbunny kicks an apple and steals scones, giving them to the Nickit.

It rubs its nose proudly, before realizing he was white again, then covers it up quickly with panic.

(SCORBUNNY IS TOO CUTE)

*end of flashback*

"At some point, it managed to become something of a leader to them."

"A leader!" Ash repeats.

"As a result, the Nickit stopped being hungry as they once had been." The man sighed. "The thing is...I know they're just trying to live a peaceful life in this town, but their antics are a financial burden on the rest of us."

Goh gets up and walks to the Scorbunny.

"Ny!" Scorbunny gets in front of the Nickit.

"Could it be...you've given up?" Goh asks. "Have you figured this is the only way you can keep on going?"

The four Pokémon blink at him, and Goh wipes a crumb from Scorbunny's face, revealing white.

"Scor?" Scorbunny realizes the white. "Bun!"

"It's so cute!" My eyes twinkle at the small Pokémon.

Goh puts a hand on Scorbunny's cheek. "You can't just give up. It's a big world out there! Anywhere you want to go, you could just go!"

Goh looks at us. "And you can make all sorts of friends! You see, all you have to do is try everything!" He chuckles.

Ash walks to Goh and puts an arm around his shoulder. "Goh's telling you the truth!"

"Pikachu!"

"Now, he may act really smart, but he only figured this out just now."

"AHAHAHA-" I laugh so hard my stomach hurts and I start to laugh-cough. "PFFT IT'S TRUE THOUGH!"

"I've always figured it out this way!" Goh blushes in embarrassment.

"Yeah? You sure?"

"Sure, I'm sure!"

"Pika pika?"

"Yeah! And another thing!" Goh looks back at the Scorbunny. "People say the soles of your feet can bring you good luck. So, if something doesn't work out just right, you smack that thing away with one kick!"

Scorbunny looks up at Goh in awe.

"Hey! Don't go saying that! What if you're the next one who gets kicked?"

"Actually, Ash, I think you are." I say as Scorbunny kicks Ash away.

"Pika!"

"Scor!" Scorbunny mock sings. "Ny~!"

"Pikachu!"

The two chase each other around Ash and Goh. Goh looks at his phone.

"Ah! Guys, it's almost time for the train to leave!"

"Huh? Let's go!" Ash replies and I quickly stand up to follow them.

"Pika!"

"Hey, thanks Mister!" Goh calls.

"Thanks a lot!" Ash waves.

"Thank you! Bye!" I shout.

"Pikachu!"

*the part where the Nickit makes Scorbunny go with Goh bc I'm too lazy to write it even tho it's super wholesome and I sobbed at that part*

The train bell rings and we get there just in time.

"Hurry up!" Ash calls to us.

"Right!" Goh replies as we get inside.

IM CRYING WHEN THE NICKIT IMITATE SCORBUNNY TO SHOW THEY COULD GO ON THEIR OWN 😭😭

"So you met a trio of Nickit led by a Scorbunny?" Dad asks on my phone.

"Sure did! Scorbunny's an amazing Pokémon!" Goh replies.

"And this very same Scorbunny covered itself in mud so it would look more like the Nickit?"

"Wait, you think that's why my phone didn't recognize the Scorbunny?"

"It's possible you might have a point there. Hmm, this is quite a fascinating story you've shared with us. Thanks so much!"

(The fact that Chrysa and Ren are just in the background standing is so- weirdly funny)

"We're going to the Wild Area next to check out those huge Pokémon!" Ash explains.

"Understood. Stay safe!"

"We will!" We reply.

"Pikachu!"

"Especially you, Aria."

"Dad, I'm not a kid anymore." I huff. The other three laugh as I hang up.

Ash and Daisy's stomach growls loudly. "Oh, man, I'm so hungry."

"Me too.."

"We must've chased those guys all over town.." Ash continues. Pikachu opens Ash's backpack.

"Pika!"

"They're gone. They all got eaten up, buddy." Ash chuckles.

Goh holds up a bag of scones.

"The teeny, tiny things with the great smell!" Ash shouts.

"Where did you get them?" Ash exclaims, drooling.

"A present from the shopkeeper." Goh replies, sparkles appearing around him. "And I just happened to have bought some milk tea, too."

"MILK TEAAAAAAAA!!" I try to snatch the bottle.

"Oh my gosh, Aria, I'll split it." Goh chuckles.

"You are a genius!" Ash says.

"Let's eat!"

"Way ahead of you!"

"Pikachu! Pikachu!"

"Espeon?"

Today, Ash, Goh, and Aria met Scorbunny, a curious Pokémon who can be a bit hot to handle.

Next, our heroes will set off on yet another exciting adventure within the world of Pokémon. Let's go as the journey continues!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

499K 21.8K 100
After failing in the Unova League, Ash returns home to get advice before resuming his journey to become a Pokemon master. Now, what happens when some...
11.7K 243 22
*Forever Yours...* Follows The Journey Of Four Childhood Friends:- Ash Ketchum Hailing From Pallet Town Is The Current Alolan Champion and research f...
110K 4K 80
A 10-year-old boy, with a goal to become a Pokemon Champion, sets out on a journey across the Kanto Region. A journey charged with friendships, fun...
331 9 5
Now that Ash is out of college, he decides to move into a flat with his boyfriend Goh, his best friend Dawn, and her girlfriend Chloe. This is the st...