The Demon Huntsman (reboot)

By NeverEscapeForLong

Y/N L/N was a boy who had led a very different life from most people. Now it is his time to become a very pow... More

Bio
Y/N L/N
Volume One
Reunited
Shining Beacon

Ruby Rose and Y/N L/N

243 7 0
By NeverEscapeForLong

Night had fallen and darkness covered the kingdom of Vale. Most people had turned in for the night so the streets were near empty. One young man walked through the streets, this young man was Y/N L/N, he was headed towards a place that he had not been in a long time, the home of some dear friends. Y/N sported all-black clothing and boots, as he walked, he hummed along to the song that played through the earphones that were placed in his ears. 

The young man had been walking for quite some time when he heard a loud crashing sound coming from the next street over. Y/N's stride grew as he started running as fast as he could, he rounded the corner and was met with a sight that he was not expecting. 

A girl in black and red stood in front of a dust shop with a huge scythe in her hand, the blade of which was embedded in the street. Y/N stared at the girl for a second as if in a trance.

Y/N (mouthing): "Ruby?" 

Y/N shook his head quickly pulling himself out of his little trance and started to run once again, this time he ran right at the group of men that had come out of the shop and started to advance on the smaller girl. 

Ruby lifted herself on the scythe and spun around she kicked her legs out and delivered a devastating kick to the first of the men that sent him rolling backwards. Just as two other men approached her though Y/N leaped into the air, he cleared Ruby and landed in front of her. He threw each arm in the direction of one of the men which resulted in a massive burst of flames flying out of them. The flames hit the two men, both of them being nailed directly in the chest. One of them flew right back into the shop through the shattered window while the other landed on his back unable to fight. Y/N then noticed a third guy standing back with his gun trained on Ruby and dove at him, the young man slammed his knee right into the man's nose knocking him on his ass. Y/N followed this up with a swift kick to the side of the man's head rendering him unconscious

Ruby: "Woah."

The young girl stood there shocked at the sudden action. Y/N turned around to face the young girl with a smile on his face. 

Y/N: "Hey, Rubes."

Ruby: "Y/N?!"

Y/N: "In the flesh." 

Ruby rushed at Y/N with insane speed and wrapped him up in a hug just as the last man walked out of the store. The last man was known as Roman Torchwick, he was a well-known criminal in Vale. Roman looked down at his men.

Roman: "You were worth every cent. Truly, you were." 

The criminal then turned his attention to the two that foiled his plans. 

Roman: "Well, you two, I think we can all say this has been an eventful evening, as much as I'd like to stick around... I am afraid this is where we part ways." 

Roman lifted his cane aiming at the Y/N and Ruby and fired. The two jumped high into the air avoiding the shot that tore through the street where they were just stood. As they landed, they looked back over to where Roman was, only he was gone. 

They both looked around quickly and noticed the man climbing a ladder on a nearby building. Ruby looked over at the shopkeeper who had just made it to the door of the shop. 

Ruby: "You ok if we go after him?" 

The shopkeeper nodded to the two of them and they set off after Roman. Ruby used her scythe to propel her up the building by shooting it under her feet. Y/N on the other hand used his flames, a blast of fire came from his feet as he jumped which boosted him up the building. The two landed on the building as Roman ran to the other side of it. 

Ruby: "Hey!" 

Roman: "Persistent..." 

A bullhead rose from the alley in front of Roman and hovered right there. The bullhead's door opened up and Roman climbed inside as Y/N and Ruby watched. 

Roman: "End of the line you two." 

Roman pulled out a red dust crystal and threw it at his pursuers, as the crystal landed in front of them, he pointed his cane at the crystal and fired. It caused a huge explosion but just as the two were about to be hit by it a woman dropped down in front of them. This woman was Glynda Goodwitch, she was a huntress. Goodwitch had a riding crop in her hand which was pointed towards the bullhead and Roman. A purple shield had formed in front of her, the shield had protected all three of them from the explosion. 

The huntress pulled her riding crop back and thrust it towards the bullhead. Purple beams shot out of it and hit the vehicle causing it to rock in the air. She followed this up by shooting another beam which when it passed the ship caused black clouds to appear and icicles to rain down on the bullhead. 

The three of them noticed as a woman in red walked out from the cockpit and switched places with Roman. The sleeves of her dress lit up as fire she threw what seemed like a fireball right at Goodwitch. Goodwitch created a shield and blocked the attack, the woman followed up by making an explosion of fire come out from under Goodwitch's feet. Goodwitch cartwheeled out of the way and used the debris from the explosion to create a spear which she sent at the bullhead. 

As it approached the woman shot more fire from her hands destroying the spear, Goodwitch reformed it and sent it at the cockpit. Roman pulled up a little which caused the debris to miss its target. She turned it around and tried to attack with it again. The woman countered this however and sent out a wave of heat that destroyed the debris.

Ruby decided it was time to help and transformed her scythe into its sniper form, she opened fire at the woman who blocked the bullets nonchalantly with her hand. She then pointed her hand towards the three people beneath her and sent a huge burst of flames right at them.

Y/N, seeing this jumped into action. He unsheathed his sword from his back and fire appeared all around it. He swung it down with a great force causing the fire to create a wave that parted the woman's flames around him and the two ladies. 

Y/N's fire persisted and hit the bullhead causing it to rock once more but as it hit the bullhead the door was already closed. Roman managed to pilot the thing out of there despite the difficulties that they had encountered. 

Ruby turned her attention to Goodwitch as Y/N stood up to full height and put his sword back in its sheathe that sat upon his back. 

Ruby: "You're a Huntress! Can I have your autograph?" 

- - - - - - -

Y/N and Ruby found themselves in an interrogation room at the local police station as Goodwitch marched back and forth lecturing them. 

Goodwitch: "I hope you both realise that your actions tonight will not be taken lightly. You put yourselves and others in great danger."

Ruby: "They started it!" 

Goodwitch: "If it were up to me, you'd be sent home... With a pat on the back..."

Ruby sits up with a smile. 

Y/N (muttering): "Wait for it..."

Goodwitch then slaps her riding crop down on the table in front of Ruby's hands. 

Goodwitch: "And a slap on the wrist."

Ruby: "Eek!"

Y/N: "And there it is." 

Goodwitch: "But... there is someone here who would like to meet you." 

A man in green then entered the room, he held a plate of cookies and had a mug in the other. This man was Ozpin. 

Ozpin: "Ruby Rose, Y/N L/N."

Ozpin then leant closer to Ruby.

Ozpin: "You... have silver eyes." 

Ozpin: "So! Where did you learn to do this?" 

Goodwitch stood next to Ozpin showing a video of Ruby fighting. 

Ruby: "S-Signal Academy." 

Ozpin: "They taught you to use one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed?"

Ruby: "Well, one teacher in particular." 

Ozpin: "I see..." 

Ozpin placed the plate of cookies in front of Ruby who ate one and then proceeded to shove loads into her mouth, eating another and another. Y/N chuckled a little watching her eat them so fast. 

Ozpin: "It's just that I've only ever seen one other scythe user of that skill level, a dusty old crow." 

Ruby then tried to respond but none of them were able to understand her due to her mouth being full of cookies. She realised what she did and swallowed the cookies and wiped her mouth.  

Ruby: "Sorry, that's my uncle Qrow! He's a teacher at Signal. I was complete garbage before he took me under his wing and now, I'm all like- Hooowahhh! Witchaaa!"

Ruby started to karate chop around. She almost hit Y/N on the head but he managed to duck just in time.

Ozpin: "I see... and what is an adorable girl such as yourself doing at a school designed to train warriors?" 

Ruby: "Well... I want to be a Huntress." 

Ozpin: "You want to slay monsters?" 

Ruby: "Yeah! I only have two more years of training left at Signal, and then I'm going to apply to Beacon. You see, my sister's starting there this year, and she's trying to become a Huntress, and I'm trying to become a Huntress 'cause I wanna help people. My parents always taught us to help others, so I thought, 'Hey, I might as well make a career out of it!' I mean the police are alright but Huntsman and Huntresses are just so much more romantic and exciting and really, gosh, you know?!" 

Ozpin: "... Do you know who I am?" 

Ruby: "You're Professor Ozpin. You're the headmaster of Beacon." 

Ozpin: "Hello." 

Ruby: "Nice to meet you." 

Ozpin: "You want to come to my school?" 

Ruby: "More than anything." 

Ozpin and Goodwitch shared a look and the Huntress rolled her eyes at him. 

Ozpin: "Well okay."

- - - - - - -

Ruby had left the room and waited outside as Y/N, Ozpin and Goodwitch all stayed in the. Ozpin looked the young man right in the eye.

Ozpin: "Qrow speaks highly of you."

Y/N: "Good to know, is there any reason you kept me in here?" 

Ozpin: "Yes. I want you to come to my school."

Y/N: "I've never attended combat school, or any school." 

Ozpin: "That doesn't matter, I don't need you to be a real student, I want you to work for me." 

Y/N: "How so?" 

Ozpin: "Y/N there are great evils in this world, more than anyone could know, I want you to help me fight back against them." 

Y/N: "Why me?" 

Ozpin: "Because you've already been doing it, you aren't a Huntsman, at least yet... but you already help people like one. You fight the battles some people just can't and don't ask for anything in return." 

Y/N: "What would I do then?" 

Ozpin: "You will help out at the school. You can take the initiation as a way to prove you can do it and then I want you to help teach." 

Y/N: "Woah, woah. What?! Teach? I know nothing." 

Ozpin: "On the contrary, I know you know things. I have seen the way you take out Grimm alone, you pick things up quickly that would normally take people years. You would be a perfect addition to my staff. You won't be a full-on teacher with your own subject but more of a teaching assistant slash tutor. I would also appreciate it if you would help out on missions if students ever need that. I think you would be the perfect fit and I won't stop you from hanging out with anyone or making friends since you will be the same age as the students you will be assisting." 

Y/N: "I guess that makes sense but just one thing." 

Ozpin: "Yes?" 

Y/N: "What did you mean when you said 'greater evils'?"

Ozpin: "If you pass the initiation and accept my offer, all will be revealed." 

Y/N looked down contemplating Ozpin's offer. 

Y/N: "Alright I accept the offer; I'll see you at the initiation." 

Y/N and Ozpin shook hands as Y/N walked out of the room. Ruby was waiting kicking her legs on a chair nearby.

Y/N: "Hey Rubes." 

Ruby: "Finally! What were you talking about? You took so long!" 

Y/N: "It did not take long at all and as for what we were talking about... guess who's coming to be Beacon with you."

Ruby: "What?! No way!" 

Y/N: "Yep. Shall we get going?" 

Ruby: Yes please, can we get cookies?" 

Y/N chuckled at the girl and began walking.

Y/N: "Sure thing if somewhere is open we'll grab some cookies and then go and tell Tai and Yang the news." 

Ruby: "Woohoo!"

Y/N and Ruby walked away from the interrogation room and out of the police station that they were in.

FADE TO BLACK

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.1K 1.2K 10
You were living the good life: Nice school, amazing abilities and one of the best girlfriends around. Then just imagine if all of that was gone with...
97.8K 2.6K 43
Your Y/N L/N your family is the most powerful company that own dust in all remnant side with the schnee company, but one night it took and one event...
21.1K 543 15
This is a fanfiction. Do not readthis unless you have read the Percy Jackson books and have watched Doctor Who. Doctor Who: BBC Percy Jackson: Rick R...
1.1M 49.6K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC