Goal: A Normal Life

Per IvoryValentia

"What are you doing in my room?" I grimaced, my face scrunched up in a frown as I smell the strong pungent sc... Més

Before you read
Prologue
Characters pt 1
Characters Pt 2
COMING SOON
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-nine
Heinrich Character Profile
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-seven
Fifty-eight
Fifty-nine
Sixty
Sixty-one
Sixty-two
Sixty-three
Sixty-four
Sixty-five
Sixty-six
Sixty-seven
Sixty-eight
Sixty-nine
Seventy
Seventy-one
Seventy-two
Seventy-three
Seventy-four
Seventy-five
Seventy-six
Seventy-seven
Seventy-eight
Seventy-nine
Eighty
Eighty-one
Eighty-two
Eighty-three
Eighty-four
Eighty-five
Eighty-six
Eighty-seven
Eighty-eight
Eighty-nine
Ninety
Ninety-one
Ninety-two
Ninety-three
Ninety-four
Their Aesthetic
Ninety-five
Ninety-six
Ninety-seven
Ninety-eight
Ninety-nine
One Hundred
One Hundred One
One Hundred Two
One Hundred Three
One Hundred Five
One Hundred Six
One Hundred Seven
One Hundred Eight
One Hundred Nine
One Hundred Ten
One Hundred Eleven
One Hundred Twelve
One Hundred Thirteen
One Hundred Fourteen
One Hundred Fifteen
One Hundred Sixteen
One Hundred Seventeen
One Hundred Eighteen
One Hundred Nineteen
One Hundred Twenty
One Hundred Twenty-one
One Hundred Twenty-two
One Hundred Twenty-three
One Hundred Twenty-four
One Hundred Twenty-five
Its My Birthday!

One Hundred Four

1.5K 102 18
Per IvoryValentia

-Everline's POV-

"Because of your utter stupidity, you have brought this to yourself, Frances." The Emperor berated. He was pretty upset to find out that I only have barely three years left to live. There goes his ingenious plan of making me his heir after Prince Frances

"I'm terribly sorry for what happened, Father. I know what I did was irreversible but I hope you'd forgive me." He apologized.

"You idiotic buffoon! Why are you apologizing to me?! Do I look like the person whom you shoved toward that monster?! Hear me, my officials for I now have a royal decree to give."

..This better not-

"I DECLARE THAT TODAY, JULY 24TH 2253 IS THE DAY THAT I, EMPEROR CARTER ANDREAS WESCOTT HAVE OFFICIALY ABDICATED THE THRONE AND WILL BE HANDING IT OVER TO MY NIECE, IMPERIAL ROYAL PRINCESS EVERLINE ATHENA WESCOTT."

A large uproar emerged from all of the present officials and I was equally pissed.

Bloody Fucker couldn't even let me have a few years to be relaxed.

"Rejoice for your new Emperor!" He proclaimed.

No one couldn't do anything but kneel on their knees to give respect to the new ruler of the empire. It was unexpected but we were talking about this old senile bastard so everything is to be unexpected.

He walked close to me and placed the crown on my head. There will have to be a coronation to follow this for tradition's sake and although I rather not it was also considered as protocol.

My Fiancé has heard of my condition but even so, when news broke out that I have succeeded as the Emperor, he agreed to push our marriage since two and a half years is more than enough time for me to conceive an heir, they said.

My cousin, Princess Francine has been quite silent about the whole ordeal but has sent me flowers of congratulations.

I have been more than tired and upset about it all. When I threatened to abdicate the throne as soon as I am crowned, that barmy old man quoted that I have made a royal promise to protect the empire.

"Then I shall abdicate the throne once that crown is placed on my head once more."

"What you don't understand is that you cannot do that."

"On what rule?" I mocked.

"Remember I made you sign the royal promise of protection?"

"What of it."

"The ink used in that paper was a quite..slow reactant one. If you'd like, you may check it once more." He sneered.

A hidden text I've never seen before showed in the paper. It stated that once I've been given the throne, I have no choice but to reign as Emperor till my last breath.

I must admit, it was the perfect checkmate. He knew what I would do and prepared a countermeasure. A no-brainer but a smart ruler no less. I only realized it a few days ago that, many of the things happening now are exactly what Caius explained to me before I read the book about my world. 

That sweetheart was oblivious to the words he was saying and just remembering it makes me miss him.

The coronation happened two days after he officially announced that he'd abandoned the throne. 

Which is today.

"Your Majesty." They bowed as they made way and allowed me to walk the carpet.

The sounds of clapping and cheers filled the place as I walked. At the other end, I could already spot the crown they specially made for me. I had refused to wear the one the previous monarchs wore as I don't want to be reminded of what my ancestors did in the past.

I am not like them, I will not force any country to grovel under me. But I will not hesitate to retaliate once threatened. The archbishop started the ceremony before finally placing the crown on my head. I held a scepter in one hand and an orb in the other as I faced my subjects.

"All Hail Emperor Everline! May she bring prosperity to our empire!" Was once again followed by loud rejoicing.

Instead of sitting on the throne, I walked toward my people and greeted them. There was something in me that wanted to do so. Was it the smiles on their faces? was it the children's hearty laughter? or was it my guilt for denying this role?

I was now their symbol of hope for the next 2 1/5 years, and yet they do not know that.

I may have not fully embraced this bothersome task that has impeded me but I'll learn to. There was one thing clear though, for the price of all the lives lost during this pandemic and war, I'll have Skalvandoch's head skewered at the end of my gunlighfte.

(Gunlighfte is a 2253 weapon that is considered one of the deadliest top Gun Blasters that contains different blasting settings as well can change forms like her favorite Svendrine chained sword. Svendrine is an element discovered in the early 2200's that is considered to be the most unbreakable material on the planet. This weapon is only wielded by Everline.)

"Your Majesty, can you please smile?" The royal painter asked in a slightly terrified tone.

"I am smiling? What on earth are you implying?" I raised my brow and asked.

"I-I'm terribly sorry! Y-yes, yes you are." He then went back to painting my portrait. Again, another one of the customs to be followed. All monarchs have painted a portrait to remember them of.

Now that part is done, the next thing should be..my stupid wedding. *sigh*

Emperor Everline Athena Keller-Wescott

First Female Emperor of the New Great Imperial Britain

(^The Portrait in question; She wore a red rose on her neck because it corresponds to her birth flower. She was born in June. During her coronation, she was given bouquets of Honeysuckles and Roses.)

- Third Person's POV-

"Y-Your Majesty, are you sure you want to wear this dress for the wedding ceremony??" Barnaby, Everline's private secretary posed with great worry.

"Yes. I don't see why I shouldn't wear it. It perfectly displays all of my yearning devotion as his future wife. It also compliments my skin, does it not? All those red roses that I received will finally have some use." Her eyes glinted as she stared at the dress before her. 

"But- the coverage."

"Hush now, Barney. Wouldn't want me to get mad today." 

She raised her hand in a motion for the dress to get packed. Walking out of the shop, an automatic robotic servant followed her around. She was currently on a break to prepare for her wedding that was to happen in two days.

The wedding dress she had picked was among the five dresses the tailors had prepared for her a month prior. She specifically gave them instructions as to how to make the dress she chose which was why she had it immediately packed.

The city she was in was being protected by a highly advanced dome to prevent the manhunters from suddenly invading. The city housed thousands of citizens which also restricted them from leaving the dome for their own safety.

"Barney, do you have the portrait of my groom-to-be? The Prince of Evorim was it?" She asked while sitting on her chair.

"Yes, your majesty. We had prepared the portrait of Prince Jerdriel Liarens for you to see ever since the announcement. "

"Alright, let me see it then. Oh, actually I want to see one of his recent photos. Seeing his portrait would be rather boring. I want to see what he is actually like."

"O-Oh, well...*scoffs* here is the photo sent by one of our undercovers."

".."

".."

"..Are you sure this man isn't leaning on the other side of the spectrum?" Everline questioned.

"About that..Prince Jerdriel is..gay. Which was why the King and Queen of Evorim were quite eager to send him to you as your groom." Barnaby explained.

"What year are we in? the early 2000s? Surely there are other gay rulers there who would like a partner like him. Our empire isn't lacking any straight men, aren't we? Decline this engagement now."

"But we can't, your majesty. Your wedding is in two days, and all of the preparations have been set. Prince Jerdriel is already residing in the best hotel in Westminster that can offer the complete top best security."

"Tch, I should have seen this a month ago. Nothing disgusts me more than forcing someone to bed with me."

"I'm sorry, your majesty."

To be Continued . . .

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

Taken and Teased Per V.T. Bonds

Literatura romàntica

1.2K 27 10
Finally taken from the depths of hell, all I want is freedom. Instead, fate demands I accept a new master. A relentless alien alpha with orange scale...
Untamable [BXB] Per juney

Literatura romàntica

1.6K 117 14
untamable; adjective: • (of an animal) not capable of being domesticated • not capable of being controlled. ❛ Rune reaches out, slower this time...
184K 10.9K 28
Life as an omega was hard in a world dominated by alphas, but it was even harder when one was an Omega male. But my life was a fairy tale, complete w...
2K 160 13
kim Taehyung, a powerful business elite from the 21st century, dies and gets transmigrated into the body of a beautiful good-for-nothing omega from...