caramel ✶ yu jimin

By karinassante

College was meant for people who weren't sure what they wanted to do in the future but had an idea of what th... More

一 ; watch where you're going
二 ; partners
三 ; hatred
四 ; too good to be true
五 ; a new leaf
六 ; Y/N? nice?
七 ; improvements
八 ; white night
九 ; Karina and Y/N dating? Yeah, right.
十 ; apologies and new-found feelings
十一 ; confessions
十二 ; dating?!?
十三 ; spring break and lies??
最后 ; last
final author's note.

十四 ; arguments & injures

473 25 0
By karinassante

When Karina walked into your apartment, it was dark other than the light that was on in the corner of your living room. She was met with your black suitcase left against the bookcase. When she turned towards the kitchen, she was greeted by you, who had a white bandage on your forehead and the black hoodie she got you as a gift.

"Karina... Karina, why are you...?" You asked, looking everywhere but at her as Karina looked at you with a look of betrayal, causing your heart to break.

"Is this Hawaii? You said you were going away on a family trip. You said you couldn't video chat because the internet wasn't working well. You said you didn't have any photos to send because you had kept forgetting to bring your phone out to the sights your family was seeing. You were in Seoul this whole time?" Her voice cracked as she watched you look down at the counter, her eyes turning red, "Why? Why did you lie? How could you shamelessly lie like that all week long? But I still trusted you and forgave you." Her voice was rising, but it wasn't loud enough for anyone to hear other than you, but it was enough to show you her disappointment.

You grab something before you start to make your way over to Karina. She couldn't ignore the fact that you were limping and a lot slower than you usually were. She also didn't miss the fact that you were definitely dragging your feet, which you never did. But when you turned the corner, and she was as able to take in your entire appearance, she noticed the green cast on your foot. Her eyes widened, along with her jaw dropped, her hand instinctively flying to her mouth.

You walked with the single crutch in your hand toward your girlfriend before stopping in front of her. Yeah, you should've told her the truth instead of keeping it from her. But you didn't want her to worry because that should be the last thing on her mind when she was spending time with the family she hadn't been able to see for a while.

"I'm sorry, I lied. I thought you'd worry. The truth is I got into an accident on the way to the airport that day."

You were sitting in the car, a small smile on your face as you typed away on your phone.

Jimin-ah, I'm on my way to the airport. I should be getting there soon; I'm already waiting for the two weeks to be up so I can see you again~~~ But I'll call as soon as I arrive. I'll be back quickly!

Just as you sent the message, you put your phone in your pocket as you looked up.

"What are they doing?" You heard the taxi driver mumble before he started to swerve as you instinctively moved your arms to the seat to keep yourself from slamming against the door, and just as you barely missed the car coming towards you guys. The taxi car spun out. You took a deep breath looking around before your eyes landed on a tiny truck driving towards you guys. It was loudly honking at you guys to move out of the way before it slammed into your car.

You woke up the next morning in a hospital bed with your leg wrapped up in a cast along with a bandage on your forehead. You brought your arm over your eyes before letting out a deep sigh.

"I was in the hospital all this time. I was just discharged and came home." You told her honestly as you watched her look down at your leg in shock.

"Your... your leg."

"Don't worry. They said there wouldn't be any long-term effects. It's a small break." You told her

"You were in a car accident, and you didn't tell me?" She asked, her eyes filled with worry and anger.

"I didn't want you to worry."

"Does that make any sense?"

"I thought you'd be busy because you were spending time with your family. I didn't want you to cut anything short because of me."

She lets out a scoff. "Does that make any sense?" She said as her voice started to crack, and the tears she was able to hold down started to fill her eyes.

"Because I wasn't hurt that badly." You tried to ease her worries, but it only looked to make it worse.

"Do you seriously think that makes any sense?" Karina asked. She was staring deep into your eyes as the tears started to fall down her cheek, one after another.

You stood in silence as you stared at each other. But all you could remember was the month before when you guys had a big argument and broke up for a short period of time.

"Why are you still hanging out with him when you know he has feelings for you?" You asked her. You had caught her hanging with this guy named Heesung, and you knew he had feelings for her. You had told her multiple times that you didn't trust him nor that you didn't like it, but she would always tell you that it wasn't the case.

But you knew it was. Everyone knew about his feelings for her. Even Donghyuck had brought it to your attention.

"Do you not trust me?" She asked as she turned around, giving you her full attention. She didn't understand where this was coming from; Heesung didn't like her. She was sure of it.

"It's not about if I trust you or not, and you are hanging with someone who had constantly flirted and made his advances with you when he KNOWS you have a boyfriend, and you don't do anything about it. I don't ask for much. All I asked you to do is stop hanging out with him. It's not cause I'm jealous or anything. It's simply the fact that I could just tell." You spoke; your voice was a bit louder than what you wanted.

You watched how her face turned from frustrated to angry as you both stared hard at each other.

"I won't do it. Because I know Heesung, and he's not like what you are saying he is like."

"Then maybe you should be with Heesung then if you can't understand where I'm coming from." You said, disappointment laced in your voice as she looked at you in disbelief.

"Okay, If that's what you want." Karina said, a tight-lipped smile on her face but you could tell what you said had hurt her.

"The truth is I don't really know why either."

You sat in your hospital bed with your phone in hand, your hand hovering over Karina's contact, contemplating if you should text or call her to let her know what had happened.

You decide against both, not wanting to worry her while she was with family, before turning your phone off and setting it to the side as you let a deep breath leave your lips.

"I just couldn't tell you."

"Why?" She asked.

"I'm not sure." You responded

"Is it because you regret getting back together with me? Is it because you don't feel the same way you used to?" She asked, her eyes piercing your now red ones that were filling up with tears.

"It's because I thought you regretted getting back together with me." Your voice was deep, filled with emotion due to your not wanting to allow your tears to fall from your eyes.

"Did I say I regretted it?" She asked. The tears that were already streaming down her face started to come out faster.

"That's how it seemed."

"Not because you regretted it? I thought you did so..." She was bawling now. You could feel your heart break even more at the sight of her crying.

"Jimin." You leaned forward, grabbing her by the arm before pulling her into you as your crutch fell to the floor. Both your hands found their way to her cheeks as you pressed a kiss that held all the emotions you two kept from each other. It was filled with yearning, the doubts you guys both had because of not communicating with each other, and all the things you guys had left unsaid before tonight.

Her hands find their way to your waist as she pulls you closer. Her tears hit the top of your lip. You slowly pull away, staring at her with a soft look in your eye; you were relieved that you were able to fix things because acting as if you guys were okay when you two truly weren't wasn't healthy for your guy's relationship and luckily for you. You guys were stronger than ever due to this.

"Jimin, I love you. I don't want things to be like this again."

"I love you more, and I agree." With that being said, you placed another kiss on her lips.

For now, you guys can be happy with your doubts no longer being doubts. You were sure that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with Karina.

___________________

two updates in one day, who am I? anyways this was inspired by Yumi's Cell 2, so if this seems similar, that is why. Next chapter will be the last chapter..

Song: jinyoung (진영) - shining in your night

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 204 19
Hwang Hyunjin and Lee Felix are quite an adorable pair. A college friendship that is sweet and everlasting like honey. They couldn't ask for better f...
6.2K 265 9
"It's just a scratch." The younger one says, she didn't want the older girl to be worried. "A scratch? You could've sprained your ankle, Minjeong-ah...
21.2K 1K 42
"you don't know anything about me...." "I can't leave you like that,you're mine... only mine..." Jeon Jungkook is a college student. He is cold towar...
7.3K 674 7
What makes College, College? Getting a B minus on an essay you worked your ass for? Check. Not getting an extra shot of espresso along with your latt...