we were staying in paris

By cherrycadbury

"𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙞𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙛 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚? 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 �... More

...hi (characters)
1//before
2//the meeting
3//The Destination
4//the mix up
5//the relation
6//the reunion
7//the truth
8//the meet up
9//the convo
the match

10//the greatest

202 9 2
By cherrycadbury

FILLER CHAPPP

updates will b weekly <3!

first person pov 

"Gabriel we're going to be late!" I whisper yelled at the man child next to me who was awaiting his scoop at the ice cream shoppe. 

"Oh hush we have plenty of time. Don't worry about it dawg." He dismissed me. 

I rolled my eyes at his use of vocabulary. Gabriel was very very into calling me "dawg", since he found out I was from New York. Instead of Lina I now found myself being addressed L Dawg. Gabriel was an extremely questionable individual. 

"Okay, okay. Now we can go!" Gabriel smiled, approaching me with Mars Bar flavoured ice cream. 

"Come on!" I urged him, grabbing his hand and dashing out the ice cream shoppe to Colette's and Francesca's apartment we'd been to just a few days before. 

"You're going to make me spill my ice cream!" He complained. 

I smirked a bit. That was exactly what dragging him was supposed to do. 

I checked my phone and looked around. We had some time I suppose. Though I always preferred to be meticulously on time. My eyes widened upon seeing several notifications from iMessage. 

Colette: 

where are youuuuu

i alr texted gabe and he's not answering 

anto and leo r gonna b here soon!! 

hurry😫🥺

trust me u don't want an angry text from francesca 

"Gabe!" I groaned, flashing him my phone so he could read the text messages. 

He just shrugged his shoulders before pulling out this phone. His eyes went wide as he saw his phone light up with several notifications from ten minutes ago. 

"She's coming at me." Gabriel mumbled, trying to finish his ice cream and text at the same time. 

I glanced back over to my phone before realising I had a message from Francesca. 

Francesca:

hermanita. donde estas??

i said dont b late 

this is probably fucking Gabriel's fault 

just get here asap 🙏🏼

"Those are the messages she sent to you?" Gabe questioned, staring at my phone.

"In the messages she sent me she cursed me in three different languages." Gabriel grumbled.

The slightest bit of a chuckle escaped my mouth. It was definitely colourful language. Gabriel and I walked through the lobby before stopping at the reception just as we had a few days prior. However today, it was crazy busy. 

A woman working at the reception beckoned us over. 

"You two were here few days ago no?" She asked, typing rapidly on her computer. 

We nodded. 

Gabriel began speaking his French again and the receptionist nodded, making a call to what I assumed to be Colette and Francesca's place. 

"You are free to go up. They're expecting you." She nodded with a tight lipped smile.

"Merci. But can I ask, why's it so busy today?" I questioned, curiosity danced in my eyes as well as Gabe's. 

"Leo Messi was apparently spotted coming through here about fifteen minutes ago." She answered.

"Though personally, I do not believe it." She added, before waving us in the direction of the lifts.

Gabriel and I didn't wait long before getting in the lift and making our way to their flat. 

"Receptionist is in for a surprise aye?" Gabriel nudged me. 

"Have you mentally prepared yourself?" I humoured him.

"What for?" 

"To meet the greatest of all time of course." I answered curtly. 

Gabe scoffed, "I'm no fanboy. I'll be calm, cool, and collected."

"Also does he speak English?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Why would I know?" 

"I don't know dawg." 

"You better not call him dawg." I warned as we walked to the flat. 

"Why not? Messi, M Dawg. What's good L Dawg? My dawg what's happening?" Gabriel tried his best to impersonate an NY accent but really it sounded more like Chicago. 

Once we got to the door Gabriel knocked only twice before it flew open, revealing Colette's grinning face. 

"Thank god you two are here!" She engulfed us both in bear hugs. 

"Things going badly?" I turned my head in confusion. 

"Oui. I mean no, not really. It's just that I am the only one who does not speak Spanish here, and in that sense it's kind of awkward because Leo only sticks to Spanish." Colette explained.

"I thought you've met him before?" Gabriel inquired.

"Who cares what I said before! If I said I met him, then I was lying. I am freaking out just a little bit so please help me!" Colette begged.

Gabe found Colette's little freak out quite entertaining. 

"Come on Gabe." I beckoned him as there three of us made it into the sitting room where Antonela, Francesca, and of course, Lionel Messi were seated.  

"Oh my god." I mumbled as we stopped abruptly. 

"Oh my fucking god. I thought this was going to be a sick joke." Gabe's eyes went wide. 

"Leo. Esto es Lina y él es Gabriel." Francesca introduced before going back to her position on the couch with a smirk on her face. 

I raised an eyebrow in her direction. 

"Gabriel looks like he's about to cry." She mouthed towards me. 

I turned to my side, and sure enough, tears were streaming down Gabe's face. 

"Hola. Es un placer. Usted es mi jugador favourito (Hi. It's a pleasure. You're my fave player)." I smiled, going to shake his hand. 

In truth I was shaking a bit. I was surprised I managed to even get out words. 

"Hola Lina! Soy Leo. Tu nombre completo es Catalina no? Como Catalina Martin? (Hi Lina! Im leo. Your full name is Catalina right? Like Catalina Martin)?" The small argentine man dismissed my hand and gave me a friendly hug. 

The Leo Messi just hugged me. 

"Catalina Martin? En el Spanish Love Deception? Usted sabe esto libro? (You know that book?)" I asked with shock. 

This man read romance novels?

"Leo es un aficionado de libros románticos." Antonela exposed her husband.

Leo just nodded with a smile on his face, "Sí! Pero yo lee el versión en español (Yes but I read the Spanish version)."

"Wow." I mumbled. 

"Y esto es Gabriel." Antonela pointed her husband to Gabe who was full on crying at this point.

"Te quiero mucho." Gabriel spoke quietly, before Leo engulfed him into a hug. 

Leo, obviously shy by nature, blushed a bit at the attention and emotions.

"Very nice of you." Leo replied in a thick argentine accent. 

"You speak english?" Gabriel's eyes bulged out. 

Leo nodded, "It is not so good but I can if necessary. Personally I like to stick to Spanish." 

"You speak English?" Colette repeated Gabriel's words, she was awestruck.    

"Yes but not in your accent." 

Let's just say playful shots were thrown between the French woman and argentine man.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 653 17
𝘬𝘢𝘭𝘪 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘫𝘶𝘥𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘵 𝘢 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘱 𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘯 𝘶𝘯�...
34.5K 589 33
𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫; 𝐊𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐛𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐋𝐚𝐭...
187K 2.5K 28
COMPLETED {SEQUEL TO PARIS} | If you love someone, let them go, if they come back, they're yours, if they don't, it was never meant to be" *THIS BOOK...
13K 569 21
- *•..° ❝𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒐𝒉, 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 �...