My Assistant.

Oleh youRsome1

Clara Lancaster's father hired her a new assistant and she drives Clara crazy. Emelia Cole has been through... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 6

4.8K 183 35
Oleh youRsome1

I stayed at Stacey's until Wednesday morning.

I've decided my best course of action is to see Emelia as little as possible.......... At least until I see Eric.

The only reason I'm going home today is because I have that meeting and my father might kill me if I miss it.

I parked the Jeep in its usual spot and didn't bother unstrapping the surf boards. Someone would take care of it.

I hung the keys and ran straight to my room to shower and get ready to meet with Mr. Fry.

I decided on a army green skirt that went to my knees and a black long sleeve top and I let my hair air dry into it's natural waves.

It was around 1030 when I finished so I reluctantly walked down stairs to find my assistant. I found her in the library with her laptop.

Her eyes were studying something on the screen and She hadn't noticed that I walked in yet.

My heart started beating faster the moment I walked into the room. I realize now that I missed seeing her more than I thought.

She continued sitting there still not realizing I was there until I finally cleared my throat.

She looked up at me and then stood up.

"Oh hello Miss Lancaster. Thank you for not forgetting about the lunch today." She looked away and started packing up her computer.

Something in the way she spoke to me was different........ colder I think.

"Uh..... yes. I'm sorry I've been gone...... I.... Uh... wanted to hang out with Stacey because..... I've missed her."

She grabbed her bag and started walking by me.

"No explanation needed. Your personal life is none of my business." She smiled and then walked out the door leaving me standing in the middle of the room with my mouth open.

I chased after her down the hall.

"Emelia wait...." I grabbed her hand as I caught her "did I do something to upset you?"

She looked down at our joined hands for a moment as if deciding on something then dropped mine. I felt cold immediately.

"It would be nice to know if you weren't coming home so I didn't have to stay up wondering if you were okay...... like any.... Uh.... Assistant would." She looked into my eyes and I saw a sort of pained expression that I didn't understand.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize........... I......."

"It's fine. We need to get to this lunch. I'll meet you there." She turned to walk away and I grabbed her hand again.

"Emelia. Please stop." She spun around angrily. "First of all, I have no clue where this lunch is. Second of all why would we not just ride together? Third of all, I'm sorry I upset you. I should've let you know I wasn't coming home."

She looked into my eyes now and she had a sad expression. "I was worried about you." She said in a quiet voice.

I felt butterflies erupt in my chest. I wanted to pull her into me and hold her and never let her feel sad again....... But I know that was wrong.

I gave her a reassuring smile "I'm okay. Listen......" I took my phone out of my purse and handed it to her. "Put your number in so I can let you know when I won't be here. I should've asked you for it a while ago I was just......" I stopped talking before I said something I'd regret.

She studied me for a moment then took my phone.

She handed it back to me then sighed "let's just get through this lunch." She turned and walked towards the garage.

I looked at her newly added contact in my phone and seeing her name there made me feel like I won the grand prize at an auction.

I walked to the garage to find her waiting for me.

"What would you like to drive?" She asked gesturing to the assortment of vehicles in front of us.

"I thought you'd like to pick." I shrugged.

She eyed me for a moment then looked back at the 9 vehicles my father stored here.

"I can choose any one of them?"

I just nodded my head and laughed.

"I choose you." She was smiling and pointing at the black 1965 mustang my father restored.

I laughed then grabbed the keys from by the door. "Great choice pokemaster. Let's go!" I walked to the mustang and climbed inside. She giggled and jumped in the passenger seat.

"I've always wanted to ride in this thing! This model was my dads favorite!" She said with a smile that stretched across her face.

"It's my dads favorite mustang too." I grinned and backed out of the garage. I handed her my phone. "Can you put in directions and DJ for me?"

She grabbed the phone and did as instructed as I drove down the driveway.

I don't know what it is but there's something about being in a car with Emelia that makes me.......... Happy?

I live cars and I li.......

Stop that Clara.

I shook my head to get rid of that thought.

"Oooh" Emelia said behind me selecting a song finally.

I stopped at the end of the driveway as At Last by Etta James blasted through the speakers and I looked over at her. She was swaying to the music with her eyes closed with a small smile on her lips.......she looked beautiful.

"At laaaaaaast" she sang still with her eyes closed.

"My loooove has come along." Was it getting hot in here? I couldn't move all I could do was watch her lips move.

"My lonely days are over." Her body moved slowly in the seat to the song. It was incredibly sexy and she had no clue how she was making me feel.

I want to kiss her. All the other times that I had wanted to kiss her were flashing through my brain too. She was so content singing and I wanted her to share her contentment with me.

"And life is like a song!" She finally opened her eyes and looked at me. Finally Seeing that I was staring at her, her face turned red immediately.

"Sorry." She gave me a shy smile.

I couldn't move. I couldn't react. I'm afraid if I did I'd pull her into me and that CAN'T happen.

She reached to turn the volume down.

"Are you okay? You look like you're in pain?"

Oh because I am. I still didn't move.

"Clara?" She said in a small concerned voice. She put her hand on top of mine.

The second her hand touched mine I lost control.

I put the car in park then grabbed her face with both hands and pulled her lips into mine.

The moment they touched, I felt warmth I'd never felt before spread across my entire body. It was like I would only ever feel whole if my lips were touching hers.

I felt her hands reach up and cover mine then she slowly pulled them away from her face. She disconnected her lips from mine and looked down. The warmth was replaced by cold and confusion.

Oh fuck.... I just kissed her. I didn't mean to. I don't even know why!

"Emelia......." I started to say.

"No." She shook her head. "That can't happen."

"I'm sorry. I just.... I don't know..... I...... kissed you........ I'm not...." I couldn't form a real sentence. I think the kiss broke me.

She put a hand up to my cheek to stop me.

"Clara it's okay....... It's just..... complicated. You're confused...... you also have a boyfriend...."

I didn't even think about Eric.

"I'm sorry Emelia.... Can we just forget that happened?"

She smiled "of course."

I pulled out the driveway knowing I will never forget that kiss.

Things were going to be so awkward now. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen.

I think I was more upset about the fact that she ended the kiss before it really even started. Does this mean she doesn't have any feelings for me? Maybe that makes things easier for me.......... But it sure makes me feel worse.

The rest of the ride was awkward and silent.

I parked the car where the instructions told me to then got out of the car and walked into the restaurant. I saw my last name on the sign and realized my father probably owns this building too.

"Name?" The greeter said with a smile.

I frowned. Why does this random person get to be happy while I have to be anxious and confused.

"It's on the building." I said grumpily as Emelia walked up behind me.

Now it was the greeter that looked anxious and confused.

"It's under Lancaster." Emelia chimed in and the greeter looked like she was going to faint now.

"Right.... We have a Mr. Fry already waiting for you ma'am." She scrambled from behind the counter to lead us to our table.

We walked through the restaurant to a back room where a man who appeared to be in his early thirties was sitting waiting for us.

"Mr. Fry! It so good to see you!" Emelia walked ahead of me and greeted the man. They hugged and then she introduced me.

"Mr. Fry, this is Miss Lancaster." She smiled at me then looked away quickly avoiding eye contact.

I walked up to them and shook the man's hand. "Mr. Fry, it's nice to meet you." I smiled.

"It's nice to meet you too miss Lancaster. How is your father doing in Colorado?"

In Colorado? I didn't know he was even in Colorado. How does this man know?

"Uh he's good! Shall we sit?" I gestured to the table.

"Yes yes!" He pulled my chair out for me. What a nice gesture. I watched him help Emelia with her chair but I couldn't bring myself to look at her.

"So Mr. Fry. Tell me about Wagging Trail." I jumped straight to the point. I don't think I can stand being around Emelia too long knowing she doesn't reciprocate how I feel. I'm honestly so embarrassed.

"Wagging Trail is going great! We have about 100 regular clients at the moment. We are also talking about expanding to San Francisco in the next couple of years." He said excitedly.

"I read somewhere that you have 40 employees?"

"Oh yes! They are all the hardest working people I know. We are all one big family! Shoot, last weekend I invited them all over to my back yard for a team building barbecue."

"Wow! Sounds like you really care about the people that work for you." My eyes switched to Emelia's inadvertently.

She was already looking at me. She seemed to be studying me. I quickly looked back to Mr. Fry.

"Oh yes. I believe that the people that work for you are what makes or breaks the company. If your employees are unhappy, the customers will most likely be unhappy. Then I make less money." He laughed and I smiled at him.

The waiter came and took our orders then and I took the opportunity to look at Emelia against while she talked to the waiter. It seemed like the kiss we shared hadn't effected her at all. Meanwhile I'm over here having a anxiety attack.

Mr. Fry and I continued the conversation throughout the dinner. He asked Emelia a few questions but I refused to look at her anymore. The rejection hurt too much.

We all stood up and Mr. Fry refused to let me pay for the dinner.

"Miss Lancaster. You are welcome to come play with puppies anytime you need. We have a doggy daycare on the 3rd floor of our building." He shook my hand.

"Thank you." I smiled. "I might have to take you up on that."

We said our goodbyes and Emelia and I walked to my car.

"What did you think of Mr. Fry?" She asked me as we got into the car.

The last thing I wanted to do was have a conversation with this woman.

"Um he was a nice guy." I shrugged and started the mustang.

"What do you think your father wanted you to learn from him?" She said not looking at me.

"I guess that employees are important to keep happy?" I pulled out of the parking spot.

"Correct." She pulled out her phone and stared at it.

Clearly the conversation was over so I turned the radio on and drove us home.

She jumped out of the car and went inside without a word. I got out and stared at the car for a moment. I will never be able to drive this mustang again without thinking about kissing her.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

55.7K 2K 65
Twenty year old Alex is trying to finish high school and move out before anyone finds out what she's hiding. The new teacher, with the dark past, is...
179K 7.1K 55
[GxG] Avery Carlisle is a spoiled rich college girl. She always gets what she wants and desires in her life. She flashes her smile to the world, but...
445K 17.4K 66
β€’ Rhea just finished her first year of college, but with a strained relationship with her parents... she has no home to come back to during summer br...
16.8K 608 14
A highly recognized and highly respected CEO finds herself in a predicament with her newest assistant. Being notorious for not having the same assist...