Danganronpa: The Inventor

By SamM387

You've been accepted into Hopes Peak High School. However, things get weird as your put in a killing game inv... More

Chapter 2: No Hope of Escape
Chapter 3: The First Investigation
Chapter 4: The First Class Trial
Chapter 5: Not Everyone is Trustworthy
Chapter 6: Second Investigation and Trial
Chapter 7: A Glimmer of Hope
Chapter 8: A Strange Search
Chapter 9: The Third Trial

Chapter 1: Welcome to Hopes Peak High School

255 1 0
By SamM387

Just a  quick heads up before the story starts. Y/N is your name, F/N is first name, L/N is last name. This story will be in third person point of view as well. Hope you all enjoy and I am glad to be back writing once again.

A young man was walking towards the entrance of Hopes Peak High School. A school that was government funded. It had a solid core curriculum, sports, liberal arts, you name it. It was practically a prep school for overachievers. It only accepted the best of the best from across Japan. There were even a bunch of perks as well. Everyone who attended was set up for success after graduating this school.

 His name, was F/N L/N. A man that was about five feet eight inches tall, with dark blue hair and wore glasses. He mainly wore grey pants, a light blue shirt, grey shoes, and a grey jacket that looked futuristic. His hair was also blue and long. The letter he had in his hand mentions that he was the Ultimate Inventor. Some of his inventions were considered revolutionary and used at Hopes Peak. 

Excitement filled his entire body as he took his first step into Hopes Peak. That, would be the last bit of excitement he'd feel as he started to feel dizzy. The world spinning around him as everything turned black. 

What happened next, confused him as he woke up. Instead of the entrance hall, he was in a classroom. The windows boarded up by steel plates and huge nuts and bolts. A security camera was heard turning toward him. This made him immediately know that someone was watching. This caused him to get out of his seat and walk closer to it.

"Hello? What's going on here?" Y/N said as he looked around the class room.

He then looked at the camera then turned to the boarded up window once again. He then noticed a piece of paper on one of the desks. As he walked towards the desk, he saw that there were instructions on it saying to be at the gym by 8 am. He glance at the clock and notice that it was 7:50 am. The thought of being there early was the first thing that popped into his mind. The second thought occurred while he was walking to the gym. That thought was why he felt like he was imprisoned here.

Once he arrived at the gym, he opened the doors and saw a group of people there. The first thing he assumed was that they were the Ultimate Students that were in his class. All of them looked at him in a way that made him nervous.

"Uh, hey there." Y/N said while showing that he was.

A girl in a red jacker and blue shorts stepped forward. She spoke positively and almost excited to meet him.

"Looks like you're number fifteen." Said the girl.

"Y-Yeah. Guess I am." Said Y/N as he was still quite nervous.

"Oh, sorry. Guess I should've introduced myself. I'm Aoi Asahina, the Ultimate Swimmer." She said with a big smile on her face.

"Nice to meet you, Aoi" Y/N said with a smile on his face. 

"Oh, please, call me Hina" Said Aoi.

"Oh, then nice to meet you Hina. Guess I'm right to assume we're all classmates?" Y/N said as he then looked around at the rest of the class.

A guy in a suit with blonde hair and glasses is the next to speak to him. Y/N did recognize him and knew who he was. 

"Well, aren't you a clever person." The guy said in a sarcastic tone as he walked towards Y/N.

"I know you. You're Byakuya Togami. The Togami Corporation's prodigy." Y/N while ignoring the sarcastic remark.

"That's correct. In terms of this school, I would be known as the Ultimate Affluent Prodigy" Byakuya said and smirked.

"Makes sense to me.  Didn't think we'd be classmates though." Y/N said then caught someone approaching him at the corner of his eyes.

A girl with black hair and a black dress walks up to you and smiles.

"Guess you got the luck of the draw then. Excuse me, I'm Celestia Ludenberg. I'll share you my Ultimate skill. I am the Ultimate Gambler." Said Celestia as she smiles.

"Nice to meet you, Celestia. Guess you could say you also got the luck of the draw as well since you got accepted here." Y/N says while smiling back at her.

"You're correct about that." Celestia says after giggling a bit.

"You there!" Said a guy dressed in all white.

Y/N turned to whoever the guy that just yelled at him.

"You showed up early! I like that about you!" Said the guy in white.

"Uhh, thanks I guess." Y/N says as he didn't know how to respond to him.

"You're welcome. Oh right, I am Kiyotaka Ishimaru, the Ultimate Moral Compass. But you may call me, Taka. It is an honor to meet you." Said Kiyotaka.

"Nice to meet you as well, Taka." Said Y/N.

"N-No need to yell about it. Or m-make that big of a deal about m-meeting someone." Says a girl who spoke in a sort of shy tone.

Everyone turns to the small girl with twin braided pig tails and glasses.

"What? Of course it's a big deal. We're all classmates now." *said a man with a large amount of hair*

"And you two are?" Said Y/N.

"M-My name is Toko F-Fukawa. The Ultimate Writing P-Prodigy. Quit staring at me. Bet you think I'm ugly." She said then glared at everyone.

"Don't be like that Toko. He doesn't think that. Anyways, I am the Ultimate Clairvoyant, Yasuhiro Hagakure. But please, call me Hiro. Want me to tell you your fortune?"

"Nice to meet the both of you, and I am alright for now." Y/N says as he found both of them a bit weird.

"Excuse me. Where did you wake up at recently?" Says a short, shy girl that nervously walked up to Y/N.

"In a classroom. Why?" Y/N asked the girl.

"That's what I thought. I woke up in one as well before you got here. Oh, I'm Chihiro Fujisaki. I'm the Ultimate Programmer" She said then looked down.

"Seems we all woke up in classrooms." Said a big man wearing a backpack.

"Oh right. My name is Hifumi Yamada, the Ultimate Fanfic Creator" He said in a deeper voice, like he was a super hero.

"Dude, what's with that voice?" Said a tall man with a pompadour.

"Yeah, no offense but it is a little...off?" Said a man with red hair.

"I mean, he is just being himself." Y/N said.

Hifumi seemed surprised that Y/N defended him.

"Yeah, I guess. I'm Leon Kuwata by the way. I'm the Super High School-Level Baseball Star. Not that I am proud of it." Said the man with red hair.

"Why not?" Asked Y/N.

"I don't even like baseball." Said Leon.

"And yet you're considered the best player on your team." Y/N said while being a bit surprised by this.

"Yeah, just drop it will ya? I don't want to talk about it." Said Leon.

"Oh, alright then. And you?" Y/N said then turned to the guy with the pompadour.

"Names Mondo Owada. The Ultimate Biker Gang Leader." Said the guy with the pompadour.

Y/N nodded at him then turned to a very tall and muscular female. She had her eyes closed then opened one of them. It was as if she sensed Y/N looking at her. 

"Hello." Y/N said nervously.

"Hello. My name is Sakura Ogami. I am the Ultimate Martial Artist." She then closed her eyes.

"Nice to meet you as well." Y/N said then sees someone coming towards him. 

"Hi there. Just thought I'd introduce myself." Said a girl with blue hair walking up to him.

"Nice to me-. You look familiar." Said Y/N while stopping mid sentence.

"I'd hope so. I'm Sayaka Maizano" She with a smile.

"That's right. The Ultimate Pop Sensation." Y/N said smiling at Sayaka.

"That's right." Said Sayaka.

Y/N smiled at her then looked at a girl with lavender hair thinking about something.

"You won't be able to get much out of her. She has hardly spoken to anyone. She did say her name was Kyoko Kirigiri." Said Sayaka.

"Guess she likes to keep to herself then." Said Y/N.

"Yeah, I guess so." Said Sayaka.

"Well, guess I am the last one you haven't met yet, right?" Says a girl walking towards Y/N.

Y/N turned around and saw a woman with strawberry-blonde hair. He recognized her and knew she was Junko Enoshima. However, he felt something was off about her.

"You're Junko Enoshima right?" Said Y/N.

"That's right. The Ultimate Fashionista " Said Junko. 

"Forgive me if I sound rude, but you look different in person." Said Y/N.

Junko then giggle and smiled at Y/N.

"Yeah, they touch me up for all the photo shoots and sometimes photoshop all the pictures." She said.

"I see. Guess that makes sense to me" Said Y/N.

Junko continues to smile at Y/N then Byakuya walks up to them with his arms crossed.

"Well, you know all of us now. Introduce yourself now. Don't make me repeat myself either." He said in a demanding tone.

"Oh, right. My name is F/N L/N. This school dubbed me the Ultimate Inventor." He said.

"What sort of things have you invented?" Said Byakuya. 

"Here, I can show you." Y/N said while taking out a bracelet from the pocket in his jacket.

"Forgive me if I am not impressed, but what is a bracelet supposed to do?" Said Byakuya.

Y/N: "It creates a forcefield around you."

Some of the other students are surprised to hear that the bracelet he made can make a forcefield.

"Yeah, it is strong enough to withstand any attacks, bullets, and even small explosions." Said Y/N while he showed it to everyone.

"That's incredible!" Said Fujisaki.

"Think we can test it out?" Said Mondo, who spoke with a bit of excitement in his voice.

"Sure we can. I have a second one on me that I can use to show you all." Said Y/N.

He then searched his pockets for the second bracelet, however, nothing. It is like it vanished out of his pocket or someone had stolen it. 

"What, do you have it or not?" Said Junko as she sounded like she was about to laugh.

"Guess not. Weird, I swore I had brought two of them with me when I got here. Guess I misplaced it or left it home." Said Y/N as he tried to think where he left the other bracelet.

"That sucks. I was a bit excited to see it in action." Said Leon.

"Yeah, sorry guys. I'll make another one to show it off to you all." Y/N said while nervously.

"Either way, if it works then it is a clever device. Perhaps I can offer you to work with my families organization once we get out of here, assuming we get to see it in action." Said Byakuya.

"That would be nice." Said Y/N.

He then laugh nervously and heard the door open behind him. There is another student who walked in. Compared to everyone else, he looked mostly normal. There was a discussion board online that mentioned that Hopes Peak does bring in a lucky student to the course so it could've been him.

"Um, excuse me?" Said the guy that just walked in.

"Ah cool, this will make sixteen of us"  Said Yasuhiro.

"So, this everyone now. Maybe now we'll get some answers." Said Hifumi.

"Let's not waste anymore time then. Let's get introductions out of the way then." Said Y/N.

"Excellent idea, Y/N!" Said Kiyotaka.

After Kiyotaka said that, the new guy introduced himself to everyone. Once he got to about half way through everyone else, he went up to Y/N.

"Hello there, I am Makoto Naegi." Said the new guy.

"Nice to meet you. I am F/N L/N, the Ultimate Inventor." Said Y/N.

"I read about you on the message boards online and seen some of your inventions. You're really good." Said Makoto. 

"Thank you. So, what about you?" Said Y/N.

"Huh? Oh, my skill. The labeled me the Ultimate Lucky Student. I don't really have a talent." Makoto says in a nervous and embarrassed tone in his voice.

"That so. Well don't worry, obviously they saw something in you to want you here. Although, it doesn't look like a good thing with everything being boarded up." Said Y/N.

"Yeah, I guess so." Said Makoto.

Makoto then goes to introduce himself to someone else after meeting Y/N. When he leaves, Y/N turned to Junko once again. The feeling of knowing her before even coming here kept coming back to him. Eventually, he walked up to her and decided to ask her about it.

"Hey, Enoshima. Mind if I ask you something?" Y/N says to Junko.

"Huh? Oh yeah, sure. What's up?" Junko says as she turned to him.

"Have we met before?" Y/N asks a bit nervously.

"Uh yeah, like a few minutes ago. Why do you ask anyways?" Junko says a bit confused.

"No, like before we ever got here. Did we know each other before then?" Y/N asks a bit more clearly this time. 

Junko looked a bit shocked then thought about it for a few seconds.

"No, not that I can think of. If I remember then I will definitely let you know." Junko says with a smile then puts up a peace sign.

Y/N felt like she was hiding something. He was going to question it but then Byakuya had said something to get everyone's attention.

"Well, if you two, plus Junko and Y/N are done flirting. We can move on to more important matters." Said Byakuya.

"Such as?" Asked Makoto.

"Such as our current quandary. Someone has collected us here for a reason." Byakuya says before looking at the rest of the students.

"We're all essentially prisoners!" Toko says while freaking out.

"You'd think the least they can do is give me back my cell phone. It's like totally barbaric." Said Junko.

Everyone had realized that their phones were now missing. Y/N found weird since he still had the protective bracelet on him. Yasuhiro had tried to convince everyone that this was what Hope's Peak did to first year students. However, no one believed him. Afterwards, there was a ringing coming through the speaker system that was set up on the stage in the gym. 

"Testing. Mic test. One, two. Everyone here me okay on this thing? Hiya kiddos. Time to roll out the welcome wagon. Not literally, not even sure what that means, but you get it." Said whoever was talking through the speaker system. 

As everyone is now looking at the stage, the podium shakes and out cam a monochromatic bear with the only color on it being it's red eye. 

Everyone was confused about what they were seeing. The bear started to move and speak on its own.

"I know what you're all thinking and no I am not a high-tech build-a-bear reject. I am the principal of this illustrious institution, Monokuma! Please to meet ya." Said the bear.

A couple of people were freaking out about Monokuma. The bear got on with greetings then immediately started answering any questions that the students had earlier before he appeared. Letting everyone know that they will be staying at the school for the rest of their lives while the iron plates and secured doors were to keep everyone inside the entire time.

Some of students had even mentioned that they have family and natural lives to get back to instead of staying at the school forever. However, Monokuma had said there was a way to get out of the school. It wasn't a pleasant thing to hear. The only way to get out, was to commit murder to a fellow classmate and get away with it. Everyone wasn't happy about hearing that and voiced against it, however, Monokuma was still allowing it either way as he walked past everyone after leaving the podium. Mondo was not going to let this slide and started threatening the so called Principal of Hope's Peak.

"Take this shit any further and you'll be victim number one." Said Mondo.

"Is that a threat? You gonna impale me on that pompadour?" Said Monokuma as he didn't believe Mondo at all.

Mondo then picked up Monokuma and looked even more pissed off that before.

"Bitch! No! I'm gonna tear you apart until there is nothing left except for whatever is making you talk." Said Mondo.

"Ah! School rules expressly state no harm must ever come to the principal under any circumstances!" Monokuma said while panicking. 

A beeping noise was then coming from Monokuma. Mondo was confused at first, but Kyoko had yelled at him to throw Monokuma. When Mondo threw him away from everyone, Monokuma exploded. Everyone thought he was gone for good. However, his voice was heard again and he appeared from the podium like last time. 

"Consider that a verbal warning young man. Get smart with me again, any of you, and lets just say around here forgo written warnings in favor of instant corporal punishment. This now concludes the introductory portion of your orientation boys and girls. Here's to you all enjoying a fun fulfilling and not exactly long life of scholastic enrichment here at Hope's Peak High!" Said Monokuma.

He then disappeared into the podium once again. Everyone freaking out about the situation they were now in. Some were calmer than others. Y/N glanced at everyone, not knowing if any of his classmates would actually commit murder. Either way, this was the beginning of the students new lives at Hope's Peak High. 

End of Chapter 1

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 110 22
"So...let me get this straight. You want US to kill each other, so we can escape?" I asked as the bear nodded and laughed. "Yep! The last person stan...
1.2K 30 20
Hajime Hinata a student of the reserve course, always wanted to attend Hopes peak academy. when he finally does he becomes a reserve course student w...
4.1K 68 23
"You may not believe what I'm about to describe. You may call me a liar. You may laugh at my ridiculous story and consider it nothing but a figment...
18K 192 18
"Welcome (Y/N) (L/N), the Ultimate [insert talent here], you have been accepted to Hopes Peak Acedemy, along with 14 other students! " You were excit...