Death Brought You Back

By BuddieBanter911

Evan Buckley (Buck) dies, or so they thought. Buck was in an accident at work. The 118 lost signal. They sear... More

Authors Note
The Accident
The Aftermath
Consciousness
New Life
Away For The Holidays
118 Meet The 126
The Ghost In The Fire
The Waiting Room
To Be Explained
The Life of The Ghost
welcome Home
Back to Normal

It Happened a Year Ago

1.7K 31 9
By BuddieBanter911

Summer break was officially over, fall was right around the corner. The air already becoming colder at night, and people already decorating for Halloween. The 118 were back to their regular work lives, after being in Austin Texas. The 118 weren't thinking about Halloween though, they were only thinking about one day that was coming up in just a few weeks. The day of Buck's accident, the day they lost him.

Everyone knew that day was coming but nobody made an effort in planning anything. Nobody mentions a visit to his grave, a dinner they could all have together in remembrance, nothing was being said, nothing was being planned. Eddie thought to himself, did nobody care? Was this something you don't do? Eddie didn't want to think about that, he knew they would plan something, why wouldn't they?
But when a few weeks had passed and that day was now tomorrow and nothing was being said or done, Eddie gave up and just made plans for himself.

***********************************
It was the next day, luckily Eddie didn't have work. Christopher was at a friend's house, so Eddie had some time to do things for himself. Which included visiting Buck. Eddie didn't know if it would feel different, he was visiting Buck's grave at the end of every week. When he got there though, it felt like he was being punched a million times over and over again. Eddie looked down at the grave, tears forming in his eyes.

"Hey, Buck, I told myself I wasn't going to cry but I guess I already failed that huh? I have come here every week, it never gets better. I can't believe it's already been a year, a whole year, it's been too long since I've seen your face.
God...why did I have to act so stupid that day? I've tried to move on, work is better but it's never the same. It never will be the same without you. I'm just...so sorry Buck, for everything. Maybe if I just fixed things sooner, you would still be here. I love you, Buck, It's my fault." Eddie cried, hoping for there to be a response back. Then there was, just not from the person he was expecting to respond.

"Don't say that, it's not your fault," Maddie said, standing behind Eddie

"Maddie?.. Eddie was surprised

"Hey..sorry if I scared you." Maddie apologized

"No...you didn't, I just wasn't expecting anybody else to come here. It didn't seem like anybody was making the effort to." Eddie told her

"Chimney doesn't know I'm here, people just deal with grief differently," Maddie told Eddie, now standing next to him

"Yeah...I guess I just assumed we would do something. Like how we did during the holidays. But your right, people deal with things differently, I guess we had the same idea though." Eddie smiled at her

"Yeah...like I said before, it's not your fault. You know Buck would not want you thinking like that either, it was an accident that's all It was. There was nothing that could have changed the outcome of it." Maddie told him as a tear rolled down her cheek

"I know, I just wish there was something I could have done," Eddie sighed

"Me too...

Maddie and Eddie stayed there a bit longer, talking to each other, talking to buck, and just enjoying each other's company. They did have to leave at some point since it was getting late, and the sun was setting.

***********************************
Meanwhile, *Buck's pov*

Buck had finally got an apartment, and he also finally went out and bought furniture. He got a bed, a small couch, a chair, a few different tables, and some appliances for the kitchen. As well as groceries. It was finally starting to feel like a home. He had to go back to work the next day, he hadn't been back since visiting Abby's grave.

***********************************
A few weeks later...

Buck was back to working at the bar. Halloween had passed, and it was now becoming Christmas time. People were hanging their lights, and getting in the Christmas spirit.

***********************************
Meanwhile...with the 118

"So, are we planning another 118 family Christmas this year?" Chimney asked while sitting at the table

"I mean...if you all don't already have plans, me and Athena would love it if you guys would come over for dinner," Bobby told the group

"Karen and I don't have plans so that would be nice," Hen said

"Yeah that would," Eddie and Chimney said at the same time

"There we have it, family dinner at mine and Athenas!"

When Christmas came around that's what they did, they all went over to the Grant-Nash residence and had Christmas dinner together, they also sang karaoke.
Buck spent Christmas with Kevin, Dave, and Dave's wife Michelle. Kevin got himself a girlfriend, he had to take some time before getting back out in the dating scene though.

***********************************
*Time skip* The New Year

A/N yes it's a pretty big time skip, I just didn't feel like writing major details for Christmas and New Year's since I already wrote a chapter about it.
Anyways back to the story

***********************************
It was now the New year, the 118 had a nice holiday break. Everyone was upstairs in the loft.

"Can't believe it's already the new year" Chimney said

"Yeah, last year went by fast" Hen agreed

Just before anybody else could speak the bell rang out. They responded to a 2 story house fire.
Eddie went inside while Hen and Chim looked over the women who managed to get out.

"Cap, I can't find anybody, does she know exactly where the child was?" Eddie said on his radio

"Child? I don't have a child! My dog is in there!" The women yelled

"There's no child Eddie, just a dog," Captain Nash said through his radio

"Yep, I found him. Would have loved to have that information before coming in!" Eddie said

The 118 had a few more calls, nothing major just a few car accidents here and there, an accident with a blender and even a few cats stuck in trees.
The 118 were relaxing up in the loft when they heard a loud voice.

"DAD!!" Christopher yelled excitedly

"Hey buddy," Eddie said while coming down the stairs to meet his son

"Chris insisted on coming here after I picked him up from school," Carla said while ruffling the young boy's hair

"I wanted to see you, and everyone else," Chris said with a smile

"Hey, Christopher!" Bobby yelled from the loft

"Hiiiii Cap!" Christopher yelled back

"Come up here, you can help me make lunch!" Bobby said

"Yeah!" Chris said excitedly, already making his way up the stairs to the loft

Bobby and Chris made everyone lunch, Chris told everyone how his day at school was, and of course, Chris insisted on asking hen for a play-date with Denny at some point.
Chris ended up leaving with Carla and the 118 was back to doing nothing until the bell rang.

A/N I know this chapter Is shorter compared to my other ones but, the big thing in the story is happening soon and I wanted it to have its own chapter. Also, I'm probably going to do another time skip. I don't like time skips that much but I'm having a writing block right now and can't think of any more details to add until the main thing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 812 16
jane reynolds was not having a good year. but with an almost comical series of unfortunate events, she befriends a group of first responders. one of...
27.2K 449 25
This story has some of the same moments as the shows but also putting my own twist on thing. Kacey Buckley, the twin to Evan Buckley, both serving fo...
7.3K 244 9
the 118 and the 217 have been rival stations since forever. always trying to one up one another. but what happens when a member of the 118 and a memb...
34.8K 1.1K 39
When Artemis Roseleigh and her colleague Evan Buckley collide with each other on a call and Artemis shows her kind hearted nature with a child, Evan...