someone to stay, supernatural...

By maybankwalker

[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] SPN Crossover Series: Someone to Stay Something in the Orange I DO NOT own Su... More

CAST, ACT ONE
001. the winchesters
002. jericho
003. never go home
004. changed lives
005. terrible driver
006. wendigo
007. kids are strong
008. drowning
009. final destination thing
010. bloody mary
011. shapeshifter
012. hook man
013. bugs
014. psychics and poltergeists
015. telling secrets
016. scarecrows and hitchhiking
017. dying dean
018. dean's old girlfriend
019. special children
020. people are crazy
021. human monster
022. tulpa
023. like father, like daughter
024. no boys
025. vampires
026. "they're both mine!"
027. car crash
CAST, ACT TWO
028. really long nap
029. the roadhouse
030. "i will never hate you."
031. gordon walker
032. what's dead should stay dead
033. andy and ansem
034. h. h. holmes ghost
035. death omen
036. crossroads
037. croatoan
038. new power
039. possession
040. scooby doo-like case
041. bank robbery
042. angels
043. 2018
044. return of meg
045. trickster
046. sisters
047. road kill
048. werewolf love
049. movie set
050. dream life
051. demon blood
052. gates of hell
CAST, ACT THREE
053. groups of seven
054. changelings
055. rabbit's foot
056. look out
057. fairy tales
058. ghost ship
059. vamp gordon
060. christmas
061. dream root
062. mystery spot
063. jus in bello
064. ghostfacers
065. dean and natalie
066. worst summer ever
CAST, ACT FOUR
067. september eighteenth
068. angel of the lord
069. 1973
070. angry aunt
071. rougarou
072. horror movie monsters
073. yellow fever
074. halloween
075. wishing well
076. anna and alastair
077. demons vs. angels
078. living in the walls
079. magic act
080. dead siblings
081. torture
082. amateurs
083. books
084. half-brother
085. secret's out
086. hallucinations
087. all hell breaks loose
CAST, ACT FIVE
88. beginning of the end
089. parting ways
090. different lives
091. role models
092. pranks
093. grumpy old men
094. play your part
095. convention
096. surprises
097. body swap
098. 1978
099. heaven
101. saying yes
102. motel hell
103. sam's old friend
104. sam's plan
105. big showdown
BOOK TWO

100. whore of babylon

288 17 5
By maybankwalker

The siblings are all in the front seat while Dean drives as quickly as he can. Jacob and Larissa are in the back with the girls.

"Drive faster, Dean." Sam says.

"I can't." Dean says. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm amazing." Sam says sarcastically, holding onto his arm that's bleeding.

"You ever seen that many?" Dean asks.

"No. No way. Not in one place." Sam says.

"What the hell?" Dean asks. He makes a sharp left.

Dean squeals to a stop as they come up to a burning building. Dean puts the car in reverse and starts to go, but his window breaks, a demon trying to yank him out. Another demon breaks Sam's window, trying to pull him out.

Natalie wraps her arms around her stomach as her brothers both flail, hitting her in the head a few times as the demons try to haul them out of the car. Jacob and Larissa both lean over the two kids, making sure the demons can't get to them.

Suddenly, water sprays the demons and they let go of the brothers, the two falling back into their seats. Natalie relaxes a little, resting her hands on her baby bump.

They watch as a guy recites something in a different language, using a megaphone to be heard. The demons are exorcised, the five adults getting out of the car.

"No." Libby whines, tightly gripping onto Jacob's arm.

"Okay, hey, it's okay." He mumbles, picking her up. He holds her, letting her cling onto him like a koala. Ophelia gets out, holding onto his other arm.

"You guys alright?" Rob asks.

"Peachy." Dean says.

"Be careful. It's dangerous around here." Rob says.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait." Dean says.

"No need to thank us." Rob says.

"No, hold up a sec! Who are you?" Dean asks.

"We're the Sacrament Lutheran Militia." Rob states.

"I'm sorry -- the what?" Dean asks.

"I hate to tell you, but those were demons and this is the apocalypse. So... buckle up." Rob says.

Dean opens the trunk of the Impala, showing the small group of men the arsenal.

"Looks like we're in the same line of business." Sam comments.

"Yeah, and among colleagues. That's a police issued shotgun." Dean points out. "That truck is, uh... inspired. Where'd you guys pick up all this shit?"

"You know, you pick things up along the way." Paul says.

"Guys, come on. This whole corner of the state is nuts with demon omens. We just want to help, that's all." Dean says.

"We're on the same team here. Just talk to us." Sam says.

"Follow us." Rob tells them.

+++

They follow them to their town and pull up in front of a church. They get out of the Impala and Sam has changed into clean clothes and his arm is fixed up.

There's a devil's trap outside, leading up to the church, and the three walk over it, going into the building.

"Who would have thought the apocalypse could be so romantic?" The pastor asks. Natalie looks around and sees a lot of the people sitting in aisle seats have shotguns in hand. "Marriage, family -- it's a blessing. Especially in times like this. So hold on to that."

"Wedding?" Sam asks, scoffing. "Seriously?"

"Yeah. We've had eight so far this week." Paul says.

~ ~ ~

The crowd cheers as the newlyweds leave the church.

"So, Rob tells me you guys hunt demons." Pastor Gideon walks up to the trio.

"Uh... yes, sir." Sam answers.

"You missed a few." Gideon says.

"Yeah, tell us about it. Any idea why they're here?" Sam asks and Gideon shakes his head.

"They sure seem to like us, though. Follow me, gentlemen, miss." Gideon says, leading them into the church.

"So, you're a preacher?" Dean asks.

"Not what you expected, huh?" Gideon asks.

"Well, dude, you're packing." Dean says.

"Strange times." Gideon says, leading them into the basement where people are preparing stuff, Natalie seeing a young girl with a couple of adults packing salt rounds.

"Is that a 12 year old packing salt rounds?" Dean asks.

"Everybody pitches in." Gideon says. Natalie glances down at her stomach, trying to imagine her kids having to do something similar that young. It makes her heart clench. She looks at her nieces, knowing they've already gone through plenty, not even wanting to imagine what else they'll have to face.

"So, the whole church?" Sam asks.

"The whole town." Gideon says.

"A whole town full of hunters? I don't know whether to run screaming or buy a condo." Dean says.

"Well, the demons were killing us. We had to do something." Gideon says.

"So, why not call the National Guard?" Sam asks.

"We were told not to." Gideon says.

"By who?" Sam asks, but he doesn't receive an answer.

"Come on, Padre. You're as locked and loaded as we've ever seen. And that exorcism was Enochian. Someone's telling you something."

"Look, I'm sorry. I, uh, I can't discuss it." Gideon says.

"Dad, it's okay." A young woman walks over.

"Leah--"

"It's the Winchesters. They're safe. I know all about them." Leah says.

"No, thank you." Libby frowns, hugging her dad tighter. Sam rests his hand on her back, gently rubbing it.

"You do?" Dean asks.

"Sure. From the angels." Leah says.

"The angels. Awesome." Dean sarcastically quips.

"They don't-- they don't talk about us, right?" Larissa nervously chuckles, pointing between her and Jacob.

"Very rarely. Only because you have relationships with them." Leah nods between the twins.

"Quoting Libby -- no, thank you." Jacob says.

"Don't worry. They can't see you here. The... marks on your ribs, right?" Leah asks.

"So, you know all about us because angels told you?" Sam asks.

"Yes. Among other things." Leah says.

"Like the snappy little exorcism spell." Dean says.

"And they show me where the demons are going to be, before it happens. How to fight back." Leah says.

"Never been wrong. Not once. She's very special." Gideon says.

"Dad--"

"And let me guess. Before you see something, you get a really bad migraine, you see flashing lights?" Dean asks.

"How'd you know?" Leah asks.

"Cause you're not the first prophet we've met. But you are the cutest." Dean says. Gideon gives Dean a look. "I mean that with total respect, of course."

+++

They're sitting at a table in the bar and soon Sam returns with four beers and three water.

"So, did you get a hold of Cas?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, I left him a message. I think." Sam says. "So, uh, what's your theory? Why all the demon hits?"

"I don't know. Gank the girl? The prophet, maybe?" Dean asks. Sam shakes his head. "What?"

"Just these angels are sending these people to do their dirty work." Sam says.

"Yeah. And?" Dean asks.

"And they could get ripped to shreds." Sam says.

"We're all gonna die, Sam. In like a month -- maybe two. I mean it. This is the end of the world, but these people aren't freaking out. In fact, they're running to the exit in an orderly fashion. I don't know that that's such a bad thing."

"Who say they're all gonna die?" Sam asks. "What ever happened to us saving them?"

Before Dean can answer, church bells ring, everybody starting to leave.

"Something I said?" Dean asks.

"Paul. What's going on?" Sam asks.

"Leah's had another vision." Paul says, walking out.

"Wanna go to church?" Sam asks his family.

"You know me -- downright pious." Dean says.

~ ~ ~

"Three miles off Talmadge Road." Gideon says and Leah whispers in his ear. "Five miles." He corrects. "There are demons gathered. I don't know how many, but a lot. Thank you, Leah. So, who's going to join me?"

"Wouldn't miss it." Rob says.

"Someone's got to cover Rob's ass." Paul says.

"We're in, Padre." Dean says, pointing between him and Sam.

"Thank you. I'd like to offer a prayer." Gideon says. "Our Father in Heaven."

"Yeah, not so much." Dean mutters.

As Gideon continues the prayer, Natalie notices that Paul is the only one in the room not praying. She nudges Sam who notices and then he nudges Dean to point Paul out.

They watch as Paul drinks from a flask.

"Thank you, Amen." Gideon finishes the prayer.

+++

"I guess that's what it's like, huh?" Sam asks as the the group finished dealing with the demons.

"What?" Dean asks.

"Having backup." Sam says.

"What? Five of us aren't enough?" Larissa scoffs.

"Dean, Sam, guys." Dylan walks up to them.

"Hey." Larissa offers the teen a polite smile.

"Hey. So, um, is-is that-- is that cool if I get a ride back with you guys?" Dylan asks. Not having a problem with it, Dean gives the others the go ahead to leave.

"Hey, you've saved my ass twice already. One more time, you can drive." Dean says. "Hey." He tosses Dylan a beer. "You earned it. Don't tell your mom."

"Oh, believe me -- I will not." Dylan says, leaning back against the Impala and drinking the beer. The four adults get their own beers, clinking the cans against each other.

Dylan screams and he's dragged under the Impala. Dean and Jacob rush to his side of the car while Sam and Larissa bend down and reach under the Impala, pulling a demon out.

Sam stabs her and she dies, the two hunters rushing over to where Dean and Jacob are, the former holding Dylan's lifeless body.

+++

Everybody is going into the church for Dylan's funeral. His parents walk up, Rob holding Jane in his arms.

"Ma'am, we're just, um, very sorry." Dean sincerely tells her.

"You know... this is your fault." Jane sneers.

"Jane." Rob says. "Come on." He leads her inside.

~ ~ ~

The group sit in the back row of Dylan's funeral service.

"I wish I knew what to say." Gideon says. "But I don't. I'm so sorry, Jane, Rob. There are no words. Dylan... I don't know why this happened. I don't know why any of this is happening. I got no easy answers. But what I do know is--"

Leah falls to the floor and starts seizing.

"Leah, honey?" Gideon kneels next to her. "Leah? Honey?" Her seizure comes to a stop. "It's okay, sweetie. It's okay." He assures, helping her sit up.

"Dad, it's Dylan." Leah says.

"Just rest a minute, huh?" Gideon suggests.

"No, listen. Dylan's coming back." Leah says.

~ ~ ~

"Jane, Rob... it's going to be okay." Leah assures, standing at the front of the church. "You'll see Dylan again. When the final day comes, Judgement Day, he'll be resurrected and you'll be together again. We'll all be together, with all our loved ones. We've been chosen. The angels have chosen us. And we will be given paradise on earth. All we have to do is follow the angels commandments."

~ ~ ~

"No drinking, no gambling, no premarital sex? Dean, they basically just outlawed 90% of your personality." Sam says as they leave the church.

"Yeah, well, whatever. When in Rome." Dean says.

"So, uh... you're cool with it?" Sam asks.

"I'm not cool. I'm not not cool. I'm just... look, man, I'm not a prophet. We're not locals. It's not my call. I'll catch up with you." Dean walks back into the church.

"I'm gonna swing by the bar." Sam says.

"Ooh, Sammy. Breaking the rules already? You rebel." Natalie jokes.

"Ha-ha-ha." Sam rolls his eyes. "I'm just gonna go see what it's like."

"I'll go with you." Larissa says.

"We'll take the girls back to the motel. Not like I can drink anyway." Natalie says.

~ ~ ~

Sam and Larissa get to the bar and walk in, seeing it empty aside from Paul wiping down the counters.

"Hey. So, what happened to, uh, "the apocalypse is good for business?"" Sam asks.

"Oh, yeah, right up until Leah's angel pals banned the good stuff. Wanna help me kill some inventory?" Paul asks.

"Sure." Sam shrugs, sitting down.

"Any time alcohol's there, I am." Larissa remarks.

"Don't get me wrong. I grew up here. I love this town, but, uh, well, these holy rollers?" Paul asks.

"Yeah, yeah. We, uh, we noticed you're not the praying type." Sam says.

"Yeah, well, between you two and me, neither are half those guys. A couple of months back, they're all in here, getting wasted, banging the nanny. Now, they're all Warriors of God. Cheers." The three clink their glasses together before downing the shots.

"Look, there's sure as hell demons. And maybe there is a God. I don't know. Fine. But I'm not a hypocrite. I never prayed before and I ain't starting now. If I go to Hell, I'm going honest. How 'bout you?"

"What about me?" Sam asks.

"Not a true believer, I take it." Paul says.

"I believe, yeah. I do. I'm just... pretty sure God stopped caring a long time ago." Sam says.

"Um... yeah, ditto." Larissa nods.

+++

Jacob and Natalie are sitting outside while Ophelia and Libby are inside and watching TV. The couple are sitting on a parking curb and stargazing.

"What if we got married?" Jacob asks.

Natalie looks over at him.

"What?" She asks.

"We get married." Jacob says. Natalie lets out a small laugh. "What? What, is that so insane?" He asks.

"I-- no, it just-- where is this coming from?" Natalie asks.

"Um... I don't know. How 'bout the fact that we keep almost dying. And all three of you did die." He recalls, glancing at her stomach. "And then you almost killed me by being resurrected and popping up like a psycho."

"Hey." Natalie frowns.

"Sorry." He mutters. "It's just-- life's too short. I mean, hell, you're-- you're like a fucking cat. You're already on your, what? Fourth life? Wait. No." Jacob takes a few moments to quietly do the math. "No, you have died four times. Plus that whole going into the spirit world thing that Pamela Barnes helped you guys with so-- so maybe you've died five times."

"Point is, you've died way too many fucking times. I don't like it and I wanna marry you."

"Jacob, you-- you should wanna marry me because you love me. Not because I keep dying." Natalie says.

"That's exactly why I want to. I love you more than anything, Natty. And you're the mother of my kids -- or expectant mother, whatever. You get the point. I've loved you for years."

"You're not doing this because you feel you have to?" Natalie asks.

"No. No, trust me, if I didn't wanna marry you, I probably would've dumped you a long time ago." Jacob says. "You are the love of my life and I want to marry you. So will you be my wife?"

Natalie sits in shock for a few moments before shyly giggling, a lovestruck grin on her face.

"Is that a yes or are you making fun of me?" Jacob asks.

"It's a yes." She assures, still giggling as she kisses him. Jacob grins, kissing her back, it being a bit hard as she continues to laugh, mostly out of shock and disbelief.

"I love you." Jacob mumbles against her lips.

"I love you, too." She whispers, grinning.

+++

Sam and Larissa get to the motel where Dean and the girls are, Natalie and Jacob in the other motel room. Ophelia is asleep and Libby is still awake and coloring, jolting awake anytime she drifts off into sleep.

She hasn't been able to sleep without Sam ever since she watched the three siblings get shot and killed. Even with Sam, she's rarely able to sleep, too afraid she'll wake up to a gun in her face again and she'll lose them again. Or that she'll lose all of them.

"Where you two been?" Dean asks.

"Party time!" Larissa throws her arms up and grins.

"Drinkin'." Sam answers.

"You rebels." Dean says. Larissa giggles. "How much did she drink?"

"Uh... a little too much." Sam says. "We'd have had more, um, but it was curfew." Sam says.

"Right." Dean mutters.

"You hear they shut down the cell towers?" Sam asks.

"No. That's, uh, news to me." Dean says.

"Yeah. No cable, internet, total cut off from the "corruption of the outside world."" Sam says. Dean hums. "Don't you get it? They're turning this place into some kind of fundamentalist compound."

"No, I get it." Dean says.

"And all you've got's a "hmm"? What's wrong with you?" Sam asks.

"I get it. I just don't care."

"What?"

"What difference does it make?"

"It makes a hell of a--" Sam scoffs. "At what point does this become too far for you? Stoning? Poisoned Kool-Aid? The angels are toying with these people!"

"Oh! Kool-Aid! Non-poisoned Kool-Aid sounds so good right now." Larissa says. She plops down onto the bed that Libby's on, the girl smiling a little at the woman's unusual behavior.

"Angel world, angel rules, man." Dean says.

"And since when is that okay with you?" Sam asks.

"Since the angels' got the only lifeboats on the Titanic. I mean, who exactly is supposed to come along and save these people? It was supposed to be us, but we can't do it." Dean says.

"So what? You wanna-- you just want to stop fighting? Roll over?" Sam asks.

"I don't know, maybe." Dean says.

"Don't say that." Sam says.

"Why not?" Dean asks.

"Cause you can't do this."

"Actually, I can."

"No, you can't. You can't do this to me."

"I got one thing -- one thing -- keeping me going. You think you're the only one white knuckling it here, Dean? I can't count on anyone else. I can't do this alone." Sam says. "Dean--"

"I got to clear my head." Dean gets up, grabbing his jacket.

"Debbie Downer!" Larissa calls after him, trying to touch her tongue to her nose.

"It's past curfew." Sam says as Dean shuts the door. "It's past curfew." Sam repeats quieter. He looks over at Libby, seeing her start to nod off. "Bessie?" He gently calls getting her to jolt awake.

"Hm? What?" She looks around.

"I'm here now. You need some sleep, baby." Sam tells her.

"No." She whines. "I hate sleeping. The bad dreams are back. They're really scary."

"That day?" Sam asks and Libby nods. "We're okay, baby. They're nowhere around. We're safe from them." He promises.

"I still don't like it." Libby says.

"Well, you need sleep, baby. Have you brushed your teeth?" He asks.

"No." She mumbles.

"Go do that. Then when you get out, we'll cuddle, okay?" Sam tells her.

"Okay." She mumbles. She gets out of bed and goes to the bathroom, shutting the door behind her.

"You're a really good dad." Larissa comments.

"Oh, yeah? Then why is she so fucking traumatized?" Sam lets out a small scoff.

"Because life sucks." Larissa says.

"I was in much better shape at her age. I didn't even know about monsters when I was seven." Sam frowns.

"You're doing your best." Larissa says.

"Yeah, doesn't feel like it." Sam frowns, getting the bed ready for Libby. He puts her coloring stuff on the nightstand, gently tossing Eeyore next to the pillows.

Larissa gets up and wobbles as she walks towards Sam, her arms wrapping around his neck.

"Well, I can take your mind off it." Larissa mumbles.

"Lissy, you're shitfaced." Sam softly says.

"So?" She asks, raising an eyebrow. Sam goes to reply, but Larissa leans up and kisses him, pulling him closer. Sam instinctively starts to kiss back, but quickly stops after a few seconds.

"Mm. No. No." Sam's hands go up to her face, cupping her face, and gently pushing her away.

"Oh, come on, Samuel. We both know you wanna kiss me as much as I wanna kiss you." Larissa pouts.

"A-- as true as that is," Sam nervously chuckles, "I want you to be sober for it. Maybe we could both be drunk, but only one of us is drunk and that one is you. I don't want you to regret this in the morning."

"Well, I already kissed you. Why not make out?" Larissa asks.

"Because it's not right. A. as I said, you're drunk, I'm sober. And B. there's a ten year old sleeping right there and a seven year old coming out of that bathroom any minute."

"Ugh. Children." Larissa groans and Sam chuckles.

"You'll love 'em more in the morning. Or... well, actually, not in the morning. You'll hate everybody in the morning. But the day after, you'll love them." Sam says.

"I could love you, but you won't let me." Larissa says, yawning.

"Mm-hmm. Yeah. Okay." Sam carefully maneuvers her to the bed Ophelia's on. "There we go." He gently lowers her onto the bed until she's lying down. Larissa lets out a small, content hum as she moves around until she's comfortable.

Sam takes her shoes off and then grabs the spare blanket out of his bag that he keeps for when Libby naps in the car.

Sam drapes the blanket over Larissa, making sure she's covered. He uses two fingers to gingerly brush some hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear. He leans down, placing a soft kiss to her temple.

Sam stands up when he hears the bathroom door open and Libby walks out, rubbing her eyes.

"You all set?" Sam asks, walking over.

Libby tiredly nods and Sam picks her up. He walks over to the bed and puts Libby down.

"Okay." He kneels next to the bed.

"You said cuddle." Libby pouts.

"Right. Right. Sorry." Sam sits on the bed. He takes his shoes off and he gets in the bed. He drapes some of the blanket over him and Libby immediately curls into his side, wrapping her arms around him. She keeps Eeyore in her grasp, not wanting to let him go either.

"We're safe, honey. I promise." Sam tells her, playing with her hair.

"I thought monsters weren't supposed to be humans." Libby mumbles.

"They're not, but... but sometimes people can be worse than monsters." Sam says.

"I don't like any of them." Libby says.

"Me neither, baby." Sam says.

~ ~ ~

"I got your message." Sam looks over to see Cas looking in the fridge. "It was long -- your message. And I find the sound of your voice grating." He shuts the fridge. Sam glances down at Libby who he finally just managed to get to sleep.

"What's wrong with you? Are you... drunk?" Sam asks.

"No!" Cas answers, but he stumbles. "Yes."

"What the hell happened to you?" Sam asks.

"I found a liquor store." Cas says.

"And?" Sam prompts.

"And I drank it." Cas says. "Why'd you call me?" Cas asks as he almost falls over.

"Whoa." Sam goes to move, but Libby's grip subconsciously tightens on him. "Just... Cas, take-- take a seat." Sam says.

"No." Cas denies. "Why'd you call?" He asks again.

"Are you okay?" Sam asks. Cas stumbles over, leaning down next to Sam's ear.

"Don't ask stupid questions." Cas quietly says into the Winchester's ear. Sam rolls his eyes and Cas stands back up. "Tell me what you need."

"There have been these-these demon attacks. Massive, right on the edge of town. And we can't figure out why they're--"

"Any sign of angels?"

"Sort of. They've been speaking to this prophet."

"Who?"

"This girl, Leah Gideon."

"She's not a prophet."

"I'm pretty sure she is. Visions, headaches -- the whole package."

"The names of all the prophets, they're seared into my brain. Leah Gideon is not one of them."

"Then what is she?" Sam asks.

+++

Cas, Sam, and Natalie are sitting on the couch the next morning while Larissa is lying in the bed. Ophelia is sitting on the coffee table and Libby is on Sam's lap while Jacob sits on the arm of the couch.

Larissa groans as she wakes up.

"Morning!" Jacob cheers making her whine.

"I'll shoot your dick off." She threatens, rubbing her temples.

"Damn. So early?" Jacob asks.

"Just give her the medicine." Natalie says. "I'd prefer to..." She glances at her nieces. "You know, have more fun."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Jacob mutters, walking over. "Here." He gives Larissa a water bottle and a couple of pills. She takes them, groaning in pain.

"God, what the fuck happened?" Larissa grimaces.

"You drank way too much, you little rebel." Jacob teases.

"I'm serious about shooting you in the dick." Larissa says.

"You don't even know where your gun is." Jacob scoffs.

"Well, I'll find it sooner or later, smartass."

"Why do you always threaten to shoot that?" Ophelia asks.

"Because it's a guy's most prized possession." Larissa comments.

"We figured out what Leah is." Sam informs.

"Um... a prophet?" Larissa asks.

"Nope. No, actually, she's not." Natalie says.

"Then what is she?" Larissa asks.

Before anybody can answer, the door opens and Dean walks in.

"We went out looking for--" Sam stops, seeing the blood on Dean's hands. "You all right?"

"Yeah. It's-- it's not my blood." Dean says as he shuts the door.

"Paul's dead." Dean states.

"What?!" Sam asks.

"Oh." Larissa grimaces, closing her eyes as she feels the word echo in her head.

"Jane shot him." Dean informs.

"It's starting." Cas says.

"What's starting? Where the hell have you been?" Dean asks.

"On a bender." Cas remarks.

"Did he-- did you say "on a bender"?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. He's still pretty smashed." Sam says.

"It is not of import. We need to talk about what's happening here." Cas says.

"Well, I'm all ears." Dean says, washing the blood off his hands.

"Well, for starters... Leah is not a real prophet." Sam states.

"Well, what is she, exactly?" Dean asks.

"The whore." Cas states.

"Wow. Rude." Larissa frowns.

"Wow, Cas, tell us what you really think." Dean quips.

"She rises when Lucifer walks the earth. "And she shall come, bearing false prophecy." This creature has the power to take a human's form, read minds. Book of Revelation calls her "The Whore of Babylon.""

"Well, that's catchy." Dean remarks.

"The real Leah was probably killed months ago." Natalie says.

"They're under her control." Cas says.

"And the Enochian exorcism?" Dean asks.

"Fake. It actually means, you, um, breed with the mouth of a goat." Cas chuckles. They look at him in confusion. "It's funnier in Enochian."

"It's too early for this shit." Larissa mumbles, pressing a pillow over her head.

"So, the demons smoking out -- that's just a con? Why? What's the endgame?" Dean asks.

"What you just saw. Innocent blood spilled in God's name." Cas says.

"You heard all that Heaven talk. She manipulates people." Sam says.

"To slaughter and kill and sing preppy little hymns. Awesome." Dean mutters.

"Her goal is to condemn as many souls to Hell as possible. And it's just beginning. She's well on her way to dragging this whole town into the pit." Cas says.

"All right. So, then, how do we go Pimp of Babylon all over this bitch?" Dean asks.

+++

"The whore can be killed with that." Cas puts a wooden stake on the table. "It's a stake made from a cypress tree in Babylon."

"Great. Let's ventilate her." Dean says.

"It's not that easy." Cas says.

"'Course not." Dean sighs.

"The whore can only be killed by a true servant of Heaven." Cas says.

"Servant like..." Dean trails off.

"Not you. Or me or Ophelia or women or Jacob. Sam and Libby, of course, is an abomination."

Natalie smacks Cas over the head as Larissa punches him in the arm.

"We'll have to find someone else." Cas says.

+++

"What the hell was that?" Gideon asks after Cas transports the two into the motel.

"Yeah, he wasn't lying about the angel thing. Have a seat, Padre. We got to have a chat." Dean says.

~ ~ ~

"No. She's my daughter." Gideon says.

"I'm sorry, but she's not. She's the thing that killed your daughter." Dean says.

"That's impossible." Gideon says.

"But it's true. And deep down, you know it. Look, we get it -- it's too much. But if you don't do this, she's going to kill a lot of people. And damn the rest to Hell." Sam says.

Dean picks the stake up, holding it out to Gideon.

"It's just... why does it have to be me?" Gideon asks.

"You're a servant of Heaven." Cas says.

"And you're an angel." Gideon retorts.

"Poor example of one." Cas says.

+++

In the office of the church, Cas grabs Leah, holding her so Gideon has the chance to stab her.

"Daddy! Don't hurt me!" Leah pleads.

"Gideon, now!" Sam shouts.

Leah starts chanting in Enochian and Cas falls to the floor. She uses telekinesis to knock the other four against the walls. Leah runs out and Gideon follows her.

"Gideon! Wait, no!" Sam yells, the four hunters running after him.

"Help me! He's a demon!" Leah says. Gideon rushes in, some other people pushing him back and one punches him, the two pushing him to the ground, Gideon losing the stake.

The four hunters rush in and fight the people restraining Gideon. Larissa fights one of the guys, eventually knocking him down, though she's soon attacked by another one. Jacob fights a guy, managing to shove him to the ground.

Larissa hears a grunt and looks to see that Dean stabbed Leah. She lies on the floor, her true face flickering as she twitches. The stake goes up in flames, Leah's body lying on the floor.

"But I... I don't understand." Jane says. "How are we supposed to go to paradise now?"

"I'm sorry. I'm pretty sure you're headed in a different direction." Dean says.

"Gotcha." Sam helps Gideon stand up.

~ ~ ~

The four hunters are helping Cas and Gideon out of the church.

"Dean, how did you do that?" Sam asks.

"What?" Dean asks.

"Kill her." Sam clarifies.

"Long run of luck held out, I guess." Dean says.

"Last I checked, she could only be ganked by a servant of Heaven." Sam says.

"Well, what do you want me to tell you? I saw a shot, I went for it." Dean says. The three get Gideon and Cas into the backseat of the Impala.

"Are you gonna do something stupid?" Sam asks his brother.

"Like what?" Dean asks.

"Like Michael stupid." Sam says.

"Come on, Sam. Give me a break." Dean says.

+++

They're back at the motel with Natalie and the girls and are getting Gideon patched up.

"How's the head?" Dean asks Gideon.

"I'm seeing double. But that may be the painkillers." Gideon says.

"You'll be okay." Dean assures.

"No." Gideon denies. Natalie frowns, feeling bad for him, wishing he didn't have to lose his daughter. After a long moment of silence, Dean heads for the door.

"Where you going?" Sam asks.

"I'm just gonna grab some clean bandages out of the trunk. Relax." Dean says, leaving the room.

"There. How's that?" Sam asks Gideon as he finishes patching him up.

They hear the Impala's engine and hear it drive off. Sam and Natalie rush outside, seeing Dean speed away.

"Dean!" Natalie shouts.

"Damn it! Dean! Dean!" Sam shouts.

===========================

Should I hyphenate the twins' (& nat and jacob's?) last names? And if I do, which way do you think it should go?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 2.2K 98
-BOOK 1 IN THE DAWSON'S DAUGHTER SERIES- ___ She was just a supplier's daughter. But not just any supplier. James Dawson, a name loved and respected...
154K 5.6K 152
[ supernatural -- seasons 1-8 ] Ophelia and Libby Winchester Series: Comfort Crowd Running Up That Hill Stronger Than Ever I DO NOT own Supernatural...
85.4K 3.6K 32
i know my girlfriend is a ๐—ช๐—œ๐—ง๐—–๐—› โ—ฆโ€ขโ—ฆ season 2 - 4 dean winchester x female oc *slow updates* โ—ฆโ€ขโ—ฆ WARNING ; bloody/gory descriptions, major chara...
12K 590 27
[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] Griffin and Tabitha Reinhart Series: Family Ties I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the show's storylines or character...