someone to stay, supernatural...

By maybankwalker

[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] SPN Crossover Series: Someone to Stay Something in the Orange I DO NOT own Su... More

CAST, ACT ONE
001. the winchesters
002. jericho
003. never go home
004. changed lives
005. terrible driver
006. wendigo
007. kids are strong
008. drowning
009. final destination thing
010. bloody mary
011. shapeshifter
012. hook man
013. bugs
014. psychics and poltergeists
015. telling secrets
016. scarecrows and hitchhiking
017. dying dean
018. dean's old girlfriend
019. special children
020. people are crazy
021. human monster
022. tulpa
023. like father, like daughter
024. no boys
025. vampires
026. "they're both mine!"
027. car crash
CAST, ACT TWO
028. really long nap
029. the roadhouse
030. "i will never hate you."
031. gordon walker
032. what's dead should stay dead
033. andy and ansem
034. h. h. holmes ghost
035. death omen
036. crossroads
037. croatoan
038. new power
039. possession
040. scooby doo-like case
041. bank robbery
042. angels
043. 2018
044. return of meg
045. trickster
046. sisters
047. road kill
048. werewolf love
049. movie set
050. dream life
051. demon blood
052. gates of hell
CAST, ACT THREE
053. groups of seven
054. changelings
055. rabbit's foot
056. look out
057. fairy tales
058. ghost ship
059. vamp gordon
060. christmas
061. dream root
062. mystery spot
063. jus in bello
064. ghostfacers
065. dean and natalie
066. worst summer ever
CAST, ACT FOUR
067. september eighteenth
068. angel of the lord
069. 1973
070. angry aunt
071. rougarou
072. horror movie monsters
073. yellow fever
074. halloween
075. wishing well
076. anna and alastair
077. demons vs. angels
078. living in the walls
079. magic act
080. dead siblings
081. torture
082. amateurs
083. books
084. half-brother
085. secret's out
086. hallucinations
087. all hell breaks loose
CAST, ACT FIVE
88. beginning of the end
089. parting ways
090. different lives
091. role models
092. pranks
093. grumpy old men
094. play your part
095. convention
096. surprises
097. body swap
098. 1978
100. whore of babylon
101. saying yes
102. motel hell
103. sam's old friend
104. sam's plan
105. big showdown
BOOK TWO

099. heaven

238 21 8
By maybankwalker

Dean wakes up and puts his hand under his pillow.

"Looking for this?" A man asks, popping out the cartridge of Dean's handgun, tossing it to the side. Dean turns around, seeing one man standing at the end of his bed and another standing at the end of Sam and Libby's bed. Natalie's sitting up on the bed, holding her hands up a bit. Natalie is really regretting falling asleep in here last night while watching TV with Libby.

Since Natalie fell asleep in here, Ophelia opted for going to the other room to sleep in the same bed as Larissa so she wasn't squished between two people.

Sam and Libby are both sitting up on their bed and holding their hands up.

"Mornin'." Dean says in a groggy tone.

"Shut up. Hands where I can see 'em." Roy says.

Dean sits up and puts his hands up.

"Wait a minute. Is that you, Roy? It is, isn't it? Which makes you Walt. Hiya Walt." Dean greets. The two men look at each other before Walt removes his mask.

"Don't matter." Walt says and Roy lifts the mask off his face.

"Well, is it just me, or do you two seem a tad upset?" Dean asks.

"You think you can flip the switch on the Apocalypse and just walk away, Sam?" Walt asks.

"Who told you that?" Sam asks.

"We ain't the only hunters after you." Walt says, cocking his rifle. "See you in the next life."

"Hear me out. I can explain, okay? Please." Sam says.

After a moment of tense silence, Walt shoots Sam about three times. The two girls shriek, watching Sam fall onto the bed. Libby screams, breaking down. Dean jumps to go to Sam and Natalie sits in shock, her teary eyes staring at her brother in horror.

"Stay the hell down." Roy orders Dean who slowly sits back on the bed.

"Shoot 'em." Walt demands.

"Killin' Sam was right but Dean and Natalie... and Libby..." Roy trails off.

"He made us and we just snuffed their brother, you idiot. You want to spend the rest of your life knowing Dean Winchester's on your ass, cause I don't. He should just be glad his psychic kid ain't here. Shoot him." Walt orders.

"Go ahead, Roy, do it. But I'm going to warn you, when I come back I'm going to be pissed. C'mon! Let's get this show on the road." Dean says.

"Come on, already." Walt says. He steps closer and shoots Dean making Libby shriek. "Shoot her." Walt orders.

"Wha-- she's pregnant, Walt." Roy says.

"I don't care. She'll be after us. We just shot both her brothers and her niece. She'll come after us." Walt says. Roy reluctantly aims his gun at Natalie.

"You're gonna shoot a pregnant woman? That's really low." Natalie says.

"God damn it." Walt grumbles, shooting Natalie three times. Libby wails, her fingers digging into her scalp.

"We can't shoot her. She's just a kid, Walt." Roy says.

Walt stares at Libby as he considers.

"Let's go." Roy drags Walt out.

Libby doesn't even hear the door slam shut as she cries, looking at her three dead family members.

+++

Dean wakes up in the Impala and looks around. He gets out of the car as the trunk closes. He turns and sees the twins when they were about thirteen or fourteen and Sam is holding a crate of fireworks.

"Sammy? Natty?" Dean asks.

"Come on, let's go." Sam urges, walking off, Natalie following.

"Weird dream." Dean mumbles, following them.

Sam puts the crate on the ground and then pulls a few out, giving one to Natalie.

"Got your lighter?" Sam asks, giving Dean a firework. Dean checks his pockets, pulling an old lighter out.

"Whoa. I haven't seen this in years." Dean comments.

"Fire 'em up." Sam says.

Dean lights the fireworks and they go off, shooting red sparks into the sky.

"I remember this! It's Fourth of July 1996." Dean smiles.

The fireworks soon die down and Dean looks between the twins who are both grinning.

"Dad would never let us do anything like this. Thanks, Dean. This is great." Sam says before hugging Dean.

"Thank you, Deanie." Natalie grins, hugging him. Dean stands still for a moment before hugging both of them back. Sam pulls away and then Natalie gently yanks Dean down and kisses him on the cheek.

Sam lights all the fireworks and runs away.

"Fire in the hole!" Sam yells as the three stand back, watching the fireworks explode. The twins run closer, dancing under the fireworks, both giggling as Sam twirls her until she's dizzy.

Dean smiles, flinching when there three especially loud bangs. He looks back at the field, finding the twins and the fireworks gone.

"Sam? Nat?" He calls.

+++

Natalie wakes up and looks around, realizing she's in Bobby's house.

"All right, sweetheart." She looks over as Bobby sits down across from her, putting a stack of board games down.

"When the hell did you get your legs back?" Natalie asks.

"Which one we wanna play first? Hmm? You got Monopoly, Chutes and Ladders, Go Fish, Uno. I don't know why, but I got Twister. I ain't twisting a damn thing, though. I'll spin and you break your back."

"Oh, my God." Natalie whispers, realizing this is when John made her stay with Bobby for four months back when she was nine after she called CPS. "Holy, shit." She looks down at her stomach, finding her baby bump still there. "Hopefully they're okay." She rubs her stomach.

"Uno it is." Bobby says, pushing the other games aside and grabbing said card game.

While Bobby shuffles the cards and says things that Natalie remembers talking about, she looks around, seeing Dean.

"Wow. Didn't know Bobby was capable of fun." Dean jokes.

"Dean? What the hell are you doing here?" Natalie asks.

"Uh... long story." Dean says.

~ ~ ~

"So, we're in Heaven?" Natalie asks.

"Yep." Dean nods. "We gotta find a way to get to Sam."

"Okay. OKay, uh, what, like a door or something?" Natalie asks.

"Or something." Dean mutters.

They look around and soon Natalie opens the fridge.

"Uh... Dean?" Natalie calls.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"I don't recall Bobby ever having a whole ass turkey in his fridge." Natalie says. Dean walks over and takes the turkey out.

"Huh." He hums. Natalie shuts the fridge and they both turn around, finding them in a different house.

"What the fuck?" She whispers. "Wait, can you swear in Heaven?"

"I dunno." Dean shrugs. They hear conversation in the other room. Dean puts the turkey down and the two walk into the entryway, finding Sam eating dinner with a family of five.

Sam is looking at the father of the family before he looks up, spotting his siblings.

"Wow. Just wow." Dean says.

"Dean? Nat? What are you guys doing in my dream?" Sam asks.

+++

Libby is still sobbing when she gets out of the room and pounds on the door to Jacob and Larissa's room.

"Libby?" She hears and turns to see the two and Ophelia walking up to her, food in Jacob's arms.

"Hey. Hey, sweetie, what's wrong?" Larissa rushes over to her.

"The-- th-- the--" Libby can't get a full word out, simply pointing to her family's motel room and she crashes into Larissa, tightly hugging her.

Confused, Ophelia goes to the room, freezing at her dad, aunt, and uncle. She screams making Larissa and Jacob rush in.

"Oh, my God." Jacob mumbles, tears springing to his eyes as he stares at his girlfriend.

Larissa feels tears well in her eyes, but she quickly pushes her emotions aside and drags the girls out of the room.

"Come on. Let's go, you two. You don't need to see that." Larissa drags them to her room. "It'll be okay. We'll-- Beth." She kneels in front of Libby.

"Jacob. Jacob!" Larissa shouts, the man rushing into the room. "I can't comfort both at the same time." She loudly whispers. Jacob rushes over to Ophelia, dragging her a bit away from the other two to do his best to comfort her.

"Hey. Hey, honey?" Larissa strokes Libby's cheek. "Honey, I need you to breathe for me, okay? Breathe."

Larissa helps Libby regain control of her breathing, it taking a while given the seven year old is in the middle of a complete breakdown.

"There we go. Good girl." Larissa softly praises, stroking the girl's face. "You're okay. You're okay." She assures, kissing her on the head. "Can you tell me what happened?"

"Wa-Walt and-- and Roy." Libby sniffles.

"They did that?" Larissa asks and Libby nods, breaking down into sobs again. Larissa immediately pulls her into a hug, whispering quiet reassurances as she ignores her own heartbreak.

+++

"Heaven?" Sam asks.

"Yep." Dean nods.

"Okay, how are we in Heaven?" Sam asks.

"All that clean living, I guess." Dean shrugs and Sam shakes his head.

"No, no. Okay. You two... I get, sure. But me? Maybe you haven't noticed, but I've done a few things." Sam says.

"You thought you were doing the right thing." Dean defends.

"Last I checked, it wasn't the road to Heaven that was paved with good intentions." Sam says.

"Yeah, well, if this is the Skymall, it sucks. I mean, where's the triplets and the latex, you know? C'mon, a guy has needs." Dean says.

"Shut up, Dean." Natalie tells him.

"You know, when you bite the dust they say your life flashes before your eyes." Sam says.

"Your point?" Dean asks.

"This house, it's one of my memories." Sam says.

"When I woke up, I woke up in one of my memories." Dean says. "The Fourth of July we burned down that field."

"Yeah, so was I. It was when I stayed with Bobby for a few months as "punishment."" Natalie says.

"Maybe that's what Heaven is. A place where you relive your greatest hits." Sam says.

"Wait, so... playing footsie with brace face in there? That's a trophy moment for you?" Dean asks.

"Dean, I was eleven years old. This was my first real Thanksgiving." Sam says.

"What are you talking about? We had Thanksgiving every year." Dean argues.

"We had a bucket of extra crispy and dad passed out on the couch." Sam counters.

"Didn't we have dad passed out on the couch all the time?" Natalie remarks.

There's a rumbling noise outside and the lights go out.

"I don't remember this." Sam says. The house begins to shake.

"Hey. We should, uh..." Dean starts.

"Definitely." Sam nods.

Sam hides in a corner of the living room while Dean and Natalie duck behind the couch. A bright white light starts to search through the house. It gets just above Dean's head and Dean quickly ducks lower, gently pushing Natalie down, his hand resting on top of her head.

Soon enough the light leaves and the lights in the house come back on. They get out of their hiding places and Dean goes over to a radio.

"Okay, what the hell was that?" Sam asks, following his brother.

"I don't know, but we are taking the escalator back downstairs." Dean says, hitting the radio. "Cas!"

"What are you doing?" Sam asks.

"What's it look like?" Dean asks.

"Like you've lost your mind." Sam says.

"Nah, he did that a long time ago." Natalie says. Dean gives her a bitch face.

"Cas talked to me before using this "phone home" radio thing, so I-- Cas!"

The TV starts to flicker.

"I can hear you." They turn to the TV. Cas appears on the TV, the picture rolling and there's static. His voice is distorted and fades in and out.

"Cas. Hey! So, I, uh, I found Nat and Sam, but-but something just happened. There was this weird beam of light." Dean says.

"Don't go into the light." Cas warns.

"Okay. Thanks, Carol Ann." Dean says. "What was it?"

"Not what, whom. Zachariah. He's searching for you." Cas states.

"And if he finds us?" Sam asks.

"You can't say yes to Michael and Lucifer if you're dead, so Zachariah needs to return you to your bodies." Cas says.

"Great! Problem solved." Sam says.

"No. You don't understand. You're behind the Wall. This is a rare opportunity." Cas says.

"For what?" Dean asks.

"You need to find an angel. His name is Joshua." Cas says.

"Hey, man, no offense, but we are kind of ass full of angels, okay? You find him." Dean says.

"I can't. I can't return to Heaven." Cas says.

"So what's so important about Joshua?" Sam asks.

"The rumor is, he talks to God." Cas says.

"And, so?" Dean asks.

"You think maybe -- just maybe -- we should find out what the hell God has been saying?" Cas questions.

"Jeez. Touchy." Dean mutters.

"Please. I just need you to follow the road." Cas says.

"What road?" The twins ask.

"It's called the Axis Mundi. It's a path that runs through Heaven. Different people see different things. For you, it's two lane asphalt. The road will lead you to the Garden. You'll find Joshua there. And Joshua... can take us to God. The Garden. Quick. Hurry."

The TV goes off, returning to the black screen.

"So... what do you think?" Sam asks.

"I think we hit the yellow bricks, find this Joshua cat." Dean says.

"Really?" Sam asks, surprised.

"What? You don't?" Dean asks.

"No, uh, I'm just surprised you do. Last time I checked you wanted to break God's nose, now you think he can help?" Sam asks.

"He's the only one who can. I mean, come on, Sam. We are royally boned. So prayer? The last hope of a desperate man." Dean says.

They go out to the porch, stopping when they see nothing but forest surrounding them.

"Wasn't there a street out here?" Sam asks.

"There was." Dean nods. They go back inside and Dean starts looking around.

"Dean. What are you doing?" Sam asks.

"Looking for a road." Dean says.

"You..." Sam watches Dean open the door under the stairs. "You think the road is in a closet?"

"Well, we did get here through a turkey." Natalie says.

"What?" Sam asks.

"We're in Heaven, Sam, okay? I mean, our memories are coming true. Cas is on TV. Finding a road in a closet would be pretty much the most normal thing to happen to us today." Dean says.

"What?" Sam asks, seeing Dean holding a small Hot Wheels car.

"I used to have one of these... when I was a kid." Dean says. He puts the car back on the track and pushes it.

They're suddenly in a little kid's room and Dean stands up.

"That was the road?" Sam asks.

"I guess." Dean mumbles.

"Kind of trippy, right?" Dean asks.

"Yeah." Sam agrees. "More trippy. Um... apparently, you "wuv hugz."" Sam says, reading Dean's shirt.

Natalie laughs.

"Shut up." Dean grumbles making Sam laugh as Natalie continues to giggle. "Wait a minute. I know where we are." Dean realizes.

"Where?" The twins ask.

"We're home." Dean says.

"What?" Natalie asks.

"Dean!" They hear a woman's voice call.

They turn to the doorway where a blonde woman appears. Natalie immediately recognizes her as Mary making her freeze.

"Hey, Dean. You hungry?" She asks, a gentle smile on her face.

~ ~ ~

Dean is sitting at the kitchen table and Mary is pouring him a glass of milk, a sandwich already sitting in front of him.

"You want the crust cut off?" Mary asks.

"Yeah. I'd love that." Dean says.

"Mom?" Sam calls, but there's no response.

"I guess this isn't your memory, Sam. Sorry." Dean says, looking at Mary. Natalie frowns, knowing she probably feels the same as Sam. This hurts her, knowing that they never got this kind of life with their mom.

"Dean, uh, we should... go. Keep looking for the road." Sam says.

"Just... just give me a minute, okay?" Dean says.

"Dean..." Natalie starts.

"Guys. Please. One minute." Dean says.

The twins stay quiet, glancing at each other.

Mary ruffles Dean's hair before walking into the kitchen. The phone rings and she picks it up.

"Hello?" "No, John." "We're not having this conversation again." "Think about what?" "You have two boys and one girl at home."

"I remember this. Mom and dad were fighting and then he moved out for a couple days." Dean says.

"Dad always said they had the perfect marriage." Sam says.

"It wasn't perfect until after she died." Dean says.

"Hmm. Another lie. Shocker." Natalie mumbles.

"Fine. Then don't." "There's nothing more to talk about." Mary hangs the phone up. She sniffs, holding her tears back.

"What happens next?" Sam asks.

Dean goes over to Mary and hugs her.

"It's okay, mom. Dad still loves you. I love you, too. I'll never leave you." Dean says. Him and Mary pull apart and she cupping her son's cheeks.

"You are my little angel. How 'bout some pie? Okay." Mary suggests.

She moves to get the pie and Dean walks closer to the table, seeing Sam shaking his head.

"What?" Dean asks.

"I just never realized how long you've been cleaning up dad's messes." Sam says.

"Whatever. Let's keep moving." Dean frowns.

They search the house and Natalie finds a baseball hat with a car on the front of it. The three are now at an apartment.

"Holy, shit." Sam mutters, recognizing the place.

"Where are we?" Dean asks.

"Uh... Sam and Jess' apartment." Natalie says. "It... it's when I still lived with them and-and I was dating Noah and..."

Noah is sitting on the couch and Natalie walks over, sitting next to him. Remembering the moment, she puts her legs on his lap.

"You deserve much better than the dad you got dealt." Noah says. "I'm sorry if this offends you, but he's a piece of shit. Nobody is allowed to tell you what to do with your body. And no decent dad hits you and shoves you in closets. And I promise that as long as you have me, I am never going to hurt a single hair on your head and I'm not letting anybody else do anything either."

Natalie smiles, leaning forward and kissing him. She gets lost in the kiss, it feeling different than from the Noah that's back.

Dean loudly clears his throat, him and Sam looking anywhere else. Natalie remembers their situation and she reluctantly pulls away. She quietly clears her throat, blinking her tears away, and she gets up.

"Explanation?" Dean asks.

"It, uh... it's when I told him about my abortion.  And... and everything else dad did. Well, non-monster related. It's when I finally realized I fell in love with him. He... he was so supportive an-and understanding and... he was just everything I didn't have growing up. It made me realize I was finally out."

"Right." Dean mumbles. "Anyways." He looks around for the next road. Sam walks over to his sister and wraps his arm around her shoulders. Sam looks around, finding a Route 66 postcard.

"I've seen this somewhere before." Sam notes.

"Where?" Dean asks.

The three are suddenly in a shack, the kitchen and living room practically the same room. There's junk food littering the coffee table and some trash on the floor.

"Where are we?" Dean asks.

"Oh, my God." Natalie mumbles.

"No way." Sam whispers. "Bones!" He exclaims, watching a golden retriever trot in. "Hey, c'mere! C'mere!" Sam kneels and the dog runs to him, licking his face. Natalie softly laughs as she kneels down, the dog coming to her next.

"Hi, Bones." She greets, smiling as she pets the dog.

"Bones?" Dean questions.

"Yeah. Bones was our dog. Hey." Sam sits on the couch, opening a pizza box.

"Your... your dog?" Dean asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods, feeding Bones some pizza.

"Is this Flagstaff?" Dean asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods, a happy expression on his face. Natalie continues to pet Bones. "Hey, boy." Sam pets the dog more.

"This is a good memory for you?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. I mean, Nat and I were on our own for two weeks. We lived on Funyuns and Mr. Pibb." Sam says.

"Wow." Dean mutters.

"What?"

"Well, you don't remember, do you? You two ran away on my watch. I looked everywhere for you guys. I thought you were dead. And when dad came home..."

Natalie deflates a little, able to recognize the look in her older brother's eyes.

"Dean, look, I'm sorry. I never thought about it like that." Sam says.

"Dean, we... we didn't-- we just--" Natalie tries to explain.

"Forget it. Let's roll." Dean says, marching out. The twins sadly look at each other. Natalie pets Bones a bit more, kissing him on the head.

"See you later, Bones-y." She quietly says, sadly smiling. She gets up, going to the door. Sam gives Bones another treat and Bones before walking to the door and Bones starts to follow.

Sam bends down, petting him again.

"Stay, Bones-y, stay." Sam says. The twins walk out onto a dark street, an old house being the only thing around aside from the trees.

"What memory is this?" Dean asks.

"No idea." Sam shrugs, though Natalie knows he's probably lying because she recognizes it. "All right, come on. Dean... road. God. Remember?"

"Wait a minute. Wait a minute. This?" Dean asks Sam. "This is the night you ditched us for Stanford, isn't it? This is your idea of Heaven? Wow." He painfully laughs. "This was one of the worst nights of my life."

"I can't control this stuff." Sam says.

"Seriously? I mean, this is a happy memory for you?" Dean asks.

"I don't know. I mean, I was on my own. I finally got away from dad." Sam says.

"Yeah, he wasn't the only one you got away from." Dean bites.

"Dean." Natalie warns.

"Dean, I'm sorry. I just, uh..."

"I know. You didn't-- you didn't think of it like that."

"Dean!"

"C'mon! Your Heaven is somebody else's Thanksgiving. Okay. It's bailing on your family. What do you want me to say? And-and Nat's is board games with Bobby and her dead boyfriend."

"Hey!" Natalie exclaims.

"Man, I never got the crusts cut off my PB & J. I just don't look at family the way you do." Sam says.

"Yeah, but I'm your guys' family." Dean says.

"Well, so are Bobby and so was Noah." Natalie says.

"I know..." Sam says.

"I mean, we're supposed to be a team. It's supposed to be you two and me against the world, right?" Dean asks.

"Dean, it is!" Sam exclaims and Natalie agrees.

"Is it?" Dean asks.

Before the twins can respond, a searchlight hits them from above making them look up.

"Go! Go!" Dean urges and the three run into the woods. They run through the forest until they jump over a log and hide behind it. Natalie is panting and Sam covers her mouth to quiet her breathing so they're not caught.

"Wow. Running from angels." They hear a male voice say. "On foot. In Heaven. With out of the box thinking like that, I'm surprised you boys haven't stopped the Apocalypse already."

Suddenly it becomes daylight.

"Guys. What's the problem? I just want to send you back to Earth, that's all. I mean, that is, after I tear you a cosmos of new ones. You're on my turf now, boys. And by the time I'm through with you, you're going to be begging to say yes."

They take off running. They halt to a stop as Zachariah appears in front of them.

"Guys, c'mon. You can run, but you can't run." The angel states.

They turn around and run off in the direction they came from. They quickly stop when they find a man in a colorful mask and gold cape in front of them. He motions for them to be silent.

"Hurry! This way." He whispers, running off. They follow him to a small wooden shack. He scribbles symbols on the door and then opens it, the four rushing inside.

"Ugh. God, I hate running." Natalie pants.

"Wait. Who are you?" Sam asks the person who takes his mask and cape off.

"Buenos dias, bitches."

"Ash?" Dean asks. The man with the mullet claps twice and the lights come on to reveal the interior being The Roadhouse.

"Welcome to my blue heaven."

~ ~ ~

"Good God, the Roadhouse. It even smells the same." Dean comments.

"Bud, blood, and beer nuts. It's the best smell in the world." Ash says.

"Well, I don't know about that." Natalie mutters.

"How 'bout a cold one? Up here? No hangover." Ash says.

"So... no offense..." Sam starts.

"How did a dirt bag like me end up in a place like this? I've been saved, man. I was my congregation's number one snake handler." Ash states.

"And you said this was your Heaven?" Sam asks.

"Yep! My own... personal..." Ash shotguns his beer and after finishing, he burps.

"And when the angels jumped us? We were..." Sam trails off.

"In your Heaven." Ash states.

"So there's two Heavens?" Sam asks.

"No. More like a hundred billion. So, no worries, it'll take those angel boys a minute to catch up." Ash says.

"What?" Dean asks.

"See, you gotta stop thinking of Heaven as one place. It's more like a buttload of places all crammed together. Like Disneyland except without all the anti-Semitism." Ash says.

"Disneyland?" Sam asks.

"Mm-hmm. Yeah. See you got Winchesterland. Ashland. A whole mess of everybody else's lands. Put them all together -- Heaven. Right? At the center of it all? Is the Magic Kingdom. The Garden."

"So everybody gets a little slice of paradise." Dean says.

"Pretty much. A few people share -- special cases. What not." Ash says.

"What do you mean, "special?"" Dean asks.

"Aw, you know. Like, uh, soulmates." Ash says. "Anyway. Most people can't leave their own private Idaho's."

"But you ain't most people." Dean comments.

"Nope. They ain't got my skills. Hell, I've been all over. Johnny Cash. Andre the Great. Einstein. Sam, that man can mix a White Russian. Hell, the other day? I found Mallanaga Vatsyayana."

"Who?" Sam asks.

"He wrote the Kama Sutra. Huh, that boy's Heaven? Ah, sweaty. Confusing." Ash says.

"All this from a guy who used to sleep on a pool table." Dean remarks.

"Yeah. Now that I'm dead, I'm living, man, a whole lot more." Ash says.

"So how'd you find us?" Sam asks.

"I rigged up my very own holy-rolling police scanner." Ash states, pulling out a laptop from under the bar. He hits the power button and it starts up, displaying a mess of sound graphs and it makes an annoying piercing sound.

"That's angels. Blabbing Enochian, okay? I'm fluent." Ash says, turning it off and putting it back under the table. "I heard that you were up. Of course I had to come find you. Again."

"Again?" Dean asks.

"This ain't your first time here. I mean, you three die more than anyone I've ever met." Ash says.

"Really." Dean mutters.

"Ah, yeah... you don't remember. God! Angels. Must've Windexed your brain."

"So, uh, I mean, have you found anybody else? Ellen and Jo?" Sam asks.

"Ellen and Jo are dead?" Ash asks.

Dean gets an upset look and Ash looks at Sam who has a similar look. He looks at Natalie who sadly smiles, her eyes getting glossy.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah. A few months now. Sorry." Sam says.

"Uh, hmm." Ash takes a moment. "Uh, they went down fighting?"

"Yeah. Till the end." Sam nods.

"Yeah, a lot of good it did." Dean says bitterly.

"Well, uh... did you and Jacob at least finally get together?" Ash asks Natalie.

"Yeah. He's, um... kind of responsible for this." Natalie traces over her baby bump.

"Ooh. Boy or girl?" Ash asks.

"Don't know. But... twins." Natalie informs.

"Proud of that boy." Ash grins.

"What 'bout our folks?" Dean asks.

"I've been looking all over for John Winchester, Mary too, but so far; nada. I'm sorry. But hey! There is somebody that wants to jaw with you. Hold up."

Ash goes into the back room and a few moments he returns... Pamela following him.

"Pamela!" Sam smiles.

"Nice to see you three again." Pamela smiles.

~ ~ ~

Sam, Ash, and Natalie are sitting at the bar, Ash working on his laptop.

"So this is how you get around up here?" Sam asks.

"Hm, more or less. It's awesome to finally have an application -- a practical application -- for string theory." Ash says.

"Makes you feel any better, we got Ash killed too." They hear Dean say.

"I'm cool with it." Ash says, raising his hand in a rock salute.

Sam and Natalie watch Ash work until they find what they need.

"Hey! Found a shortcut to the Garden." Sam states.

Ash gives a thumbs up which Pam returns.

~ ~ ~

Ash draws a sigil formula on a door.

"All Access Pass to the Magic Kingdom." Ash says.

"Good." Dean says and Ash turns to him. "Not good?"

"That Zach fella's going to be watching every road to the Garden." Ash says. Sam and Pam hug.

"So watch your ass." Pam tells Sam. Sam nods before walking closer to Ash. Natalie hugs Pam before walking over to Sam. The twins focus on Ash, missing Pam and Dean making out.

Dean walks closer and Ash finishes the sigil, looking at the Winchesters.

"Ah, gentlemen, lady. I don't mean to be a downer or anything but... I'm sure I'll see you again soon." Ash says.

"Well, keep a sixer on ice for us." Dean says.

"Yeah." Ash nods.

Ash opens the door for them, Sam being the first one to walk through, Natalie behind him, and Dean last.

They walk into a dark living room.

"What the... why are we back home?" Dean asks.

"I don't know. So, what are we gonna do?" Sam asks.

"Keep looking for the road again, I guess." Dean shrugs.

"Honey. Why are you up?" They turn to see Mary in a white nightgown.

"Look. I'm-I'm sorry. I love you, but you're not real and we don't have time--"

"Did you have another nightmare? Tell me." Mary says, cutting Dean off.

"I gotta go." Dean says.

"Then how 'bout I tell you my nightmare, Dean? The night I burned." Mary says. They watch blood appear on her nightgown on her stomach.

"Sammy, Natty, let's get out of here." Dean says in a shaky voice.

"Don't you walk away from me." Mary says and Dean stops. "I never loved you. You were my burden. I was shackled to you. Look what it got me." She blinks and her eyes turn yellow.

"Dean." Sam calls. Dean turns to him, a devastated look on his face.

"Dean, don't listen to her. It's not mom." Natalie says.

The lights in the house change color, becoming a green hue that just makes the area creepier. The doors are suddenly gone and Mary blinks, her eyes back to normal.

"The worst was the smell. The pain, well... what can you say about your skin bubbling off?" Natalie can't help but to wince. "But the smell was so... you know, for a second I thought I'd left a pot roast burning in the oven. But... it was my meat."

Dean investigates the wall where the door was, it being a brick wall now.

"And then, finally, I was dead. The one silver lining... was that at least I was away from you."

"Everybody leaves you, Dean. You noticed? Mommy... daddy. Even Sam and Natalie." Mary says. "You ever ask yourself why? Maybe it's not them. Maybe, it's you." She chuckles.

"Easy now, kitten." They all look to see Zachariah walk in.

"You did this." Sam sneers.

"And I'm just getting started. I mean, guys. Did you really think you could just sneak past me into Mission Control?" Zachariah asks.

"You son of a bitch." Sam growls.

Angels appear behind the siblings, holding them in place.

"You know, I'd say the same thing about you, Sam, but I have actually grown quite fond of your mother. Or at least the blessed memory of her." Zachariah says. He moves Mary's hair to the side and kisses her neck.

Natalie grimaces in disgust, shutting her eyes so she doesn't puke.

"I think we're going to be logging a lot of quality time together. I've discovered she's quite the... MILF."

"You can gloat all you want, you dick. You're still bald." Dean remarks.

"In Heaven, I have six wings and four faces." Zachariah says. "One of whom is a lion. You see this because you're..." Zachariah runs his fingers down Mary's arm. "...limited."

"Don't puke, don't puke." Natalie whispers to herself.

He snaps his fingers and Mary disappears.

"Let's brass tack this, shall we?"

"You gonna ball gag us until we say yes? Huh, yeah, I've heard that one too." Dean says. Zachariah steps up to Dean and punches him in the stomach. Dean doubles over, groaning in pain.

"I'm going to do a lot more than that. I've cleared my schedule. Get him up." Zachariah orders and the angels make Dean stand up. Zachariah punches Dean again.

Sam struggles against the angel holding him.

"Let me tell you something. I was on the fast track once. Employee of the month, every month, forever. I would walk these halls and people would avert their eyes!" The house starts to shake. "I had respect! And then they assigned me you. Now look at me. I can't close the deal on a couple of flannel wearing maggots? Everybody's laughing at me... and they're right to do it."

"So! Say yes, don't say yes. I'm still going to take it out of your asses. It's personal now, boys, and the last person in the history of creation you want as your enemy is me. And I'll tell you why. Lucifer may be strong, but I'm... petty. I'm going to be the angel on your shoulder for the rest of eternity."

"Excuse me. Sir?" They hear and turn to see a man behind Zachariah.

"I'm in a meeting." Zachariah states.

"I'm sorry. I need to speak to those three." The man motions to the Winchesters.

"Excuse me?"

"It's a bad time, I know, but I'm afraid I have to insist."

"You don't get to insist jack squat."

The man simply stares at Zachariah.

"No, you're right. But the boss does. His orders." The man states.

"You're lying." Zachariah says.

"I wouldn't lie about this. Look, fire me if you want. Sooner or later, he's going to come back home and you know how he is with that whole wrath thing."

After a moment, Zachariah and his buddies disappear.

Suddenly they're in a green garden.

"This is Heaven's Garden?" Sam asks.

"It's-It's nice... ish. I guess." Dean says.

"You see what you want to here. For some it's God's throne room, for others it's Eden. I believe it's the Cleveland Botanical Gardens. You came here on a field trip."

Sam nods, both in agreement and as he remembers the field trip.

"You're Joshua." Sam states.

"I'm Joshua." He confirms.

"So, you talk to God." Sam says.

"Mostly, He talks to me." Joshua says.

"Well, we need to speak to Him. It's important?" Sam states.

"Where is he?" Dean asks.

"On earth." Joshua states.

"Doing what?" Dean asks.

"I don't know." Joshua answers.

"Do you know where on earth?" Sam asks.

"No, sorry. We don't exactly speak face to face." Joshua says.

"I... I don't get it. God's not talking to nobody so..."

"Why's he talking to me? I sometimes think it's because I can sympathize -- gardener to gardener -- and, between us, I think he gets lonely." Joshua says.

"Well, my heart's breaking for him." Dean rolls his eyes.

"Well, can you at least get him a message for us?" Sam asks.

"Actually, he has a message for you. Back off." Joshua says.

"What?" Dean asks.

"He knows already. Everything you want to tell Him."

"But..."

"He knows what the angels are doing. He knows that the apocalypse has begun. He just doesn't think it's His problem."

"Not his problem?"

"God saved you already. He put you on that plane. He brought back Castiel. He granted you salvation in Heaven and after everything you've done too." Joshua says, directing the last part to Sam. "It's more than He's intervened in a long time. He's finished. Magic amulet or not, you won't be able to find him."

"But He can stop it. He can stop all of it." Dean says.

"I suppose He could, but He won't." Joshua states.

"Why not?" Dean asks.

"Why does he allow evil in the first place? You could drive yourself nuts asking questions like that."

"So He's just going to sit back and watch the world burn?"

"I know how important this was to you, Dean. I'm sorry."

"Forget it. Just another deadbeat dad with a bunch of excuses, right? I'm used to that. I'll muddle through."

"Except... you don't know if you can this time. You can't kill the Devil, and you're losing faith. In yourself, your siblings, and now this? God was your last hope. I just... I wish I could tell you something different."

"How do we know you're telling the truth?" Sam asks.

"You think that I would lie?" Joshua asks. "I'm rooting for you! I wish I could do more to help you, I do! But... I just trim the hedges." Joshua says.

"So what now?" Dean asks.

"You go home again. I'm afraid this time won't be like the last. This time, God wants you to remember."

"Wait, wait, wait. We go home, do... my babies?" Natalie points to her stomach.

"Your babies will be just as healthy and safe as you are." Joshua assures.

+++

Natalie deeply inhales, shooting up into a sitting position. Sam and Dean are both already sitting up, also catching their breath.

"Ah! Holy fu--" Jacob falls off the bed, almost positive he's having a heart attack. "Dudes, don't do that to a person!"

"Jacob?" Natalie asks.

"Yeah. Hi." He says before the relief finally sets in. "Hi. Hi, are-- you're okay? The-- the babies?" Jacob asks.

"I'm-- we're pretty good for just coming back to life." Natalie says, Jacob kissing her on the head and face, kissing her lips last.

"You guys all right?" Sam asks.

"Define all right." Dean says.

"I'll go get Rissa and the girls."

"Bessie." Sam mumbles.

"Um... yeah, no, she ain't doing too hot." Jacob winces. He rushes out of the room, soon returning with the other three.

"Daddy!" Ophelia races to her father. She crashes into him, not caring about any of the blood that's pretty dry by now.

"Baby. Oh, my baby. Hi." Dean mumbles, tightly hugging her.

Libby runs over to Sam and climbs on the bed, tightly hugging.

"Hi, baby. It's okay, Bessie. We're okay." Sam assures. He feels Libby's body shake as she sobs. "It's okay. I'm okay now. I promise."

After the heartfelt reunion, Larissa smacks each siblings over the head.

"Ow!" They all cry out after getting smacked.

"Dude!" Jacob smacks her arm. "You can't just slap a pregnant woman. What the fuck?"

"Oh, it's not like I slapped the babies." Larissa rolls her eyes. "You three are dumbasses." SHe tells the siblings.

"Well, damn, it's not like we shot ourselves." Dean grumbles, still tightly holding onto Ophelia.

"You're still idiots." Larissa states.

+++

They're still at the motel and Cas is there. They changed out of their bloody clothes and are packing. Natalie made Dean promise they'd go to the doctor's ASAP, needing to make sure her babies are actually okay.

"Maybe... maybe Joshua was lying." Cas says.

"I don't think he was, Cas. I'm sorry." Sam says.

"You son of a bitch." Cas looks up. "I believed in..." Cas turns to the three, pulling the amulet of his pocket. "I don't need this anymore." He tosses it to Dean who catches it and holds it by the string, letting the amulet slightly swing in the air.

"It's worthless." Cas declares.

"Cas. Wait." Sam calls.

Cas vanishes and Sam angrily throws a shirt onto the bed.

"We'll find another way. We can still stop all this, Dean." Sam says.

"How?" Dean asks.

"I don't know, but we'll find it. You and me, we'll find it." Sam says.

Dean doesn't respond, picking up his bag and going for the door. He stops at the door and looks down. Dean drops the amulet into the trashcan by the door.

"Dean." Natalie says. Dean doesn't respond and he opens the door and leaves, Ophelia following him, not wanting him out of her sight.

Libby goes over and takes the amulet out of the trash can. She goes over and holds it out to her dad.

"No. No, baby, it's fine." Sam says.

"Are you sure?" Libby asks. "You seem upset."

Sam sighs, packing the last of his things.

"How about this? How about you keep it?" Sam suggests.

"Really?" Libby asks, her eyes lighting up a bit -- the happiest she's been all day.

"Yeah. Yeah, it's yours now." Sam softly smiles. He puts the amulet on her, pulling her hair out from underneath it. "All yours."

Libby grins, bouncing on her feet a little, and Sam softly smiles as he watches her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50K 1.6K 17
Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling like the Stars Say You Won't Let Go I DON'T own Sam Winchester or anything related to Supernatu...
102K 2.9K 86
[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling Like the Stars Say You Won't Let Go I DO NOT own Supernatural...
17K 354 20
Dean rescues 5 year old Hayden from her abusive family and takes her under his wing. After recruiting his brother, Sam to find their father, the two...
38.1K 1.4K 56
[ supernatural -- seasons 9-11 ] Ophelia and Libby Winchester Series: Comfort Crowd Running Up That Hill Stronger Than Ever I DO NOT own Supernatural...