The Unwanted Husband (English...

By Be_Nobody03

English Version of The Unwanted Husband Seulgi and Irene have been married for over 3 years, due to an arran... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (M)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (M)
Chapter 41 (M)
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue
Special Chapter

Chapter 11

949 29 7
By Be_Nobody03

Seulgi's POV

"Why are you smiling? Are you thinking about Jennie?" She asked, I turned to face her. Her brow furrowed once more, and her annoyance was evident.

We're still here in her car because we got stuck in traffic. Even with road widening, traffic still exists. Hayssss

My head shook. "No, I just thought of something."

"Don't think about your other girl, or I swear to God, I'll kill you," she threatened.

I swallowed. I've known her for a long time, and she would do anything she said without hesitation. You can't argue with her once she's made up her mind on something. That's the final, end of discussion immediately.

I slowly reached for her hand. I still doubt that she might hit my hand or that she doesn't want me to touch her.

When I saw that she was okay, I gently caressed her hands. "You are the only thing in my mind and heart, Hyun," I said softly as I kissed her hand.

I also took her hand on the steering wheel; the cars in front of us aren't moving yet, so there's still time.

And hold both of her hands. "Look at me," I said sweetly.

She raised one of her eyebrows at me.

"You, only you, are the one I will choose for the rest of my life, and even the next." And kiss both of her hands.

When the person in front of us began to move, she moved away.

"Good," she said as she started the car.

Hyun, you're adorable.

---

"Hey! You're daydreaming again!" Seungwan yelled and hit me, so I glared at him.

"Why are you suddenly hitting me?" I grumbled, touching my head. "What if I do that to you?"

He walked away, laughing. "I've been calling you for a while, but you didn't answer. When I looked, you just looked out the window and then smiled like an idiot, perhaps Ms Bae has done something to you again."

I tried not to look at him. I can't help but smile whenever I recall Hyun's acceptance to my proposal.

"Hey, I'm talking to you! Your mind is wandering again," He said as he approached me and gave me a close look.

"You know, there's something different about you."

I gave him a frown. "What exactly is it, Seungwan?"

"You were smiling a while ago, then you were in a good mood today, and then you looked away when I mentioned Ms Bae. Tell me what happened?"

I shook my head and averted my gaze. "N-nothing has changed. We're still the same," I said, holding back a smile.

"I'm not stupid, Seul. I know you're lying because you can't even look at me and stutter."

He truly knows a lot about me. I sighed and turned to face him. "Seungwan, she has agreed."

He looked at me in wonder. "Agree to what? Besides who?"

"You know who I'm talking about. It's just that, she agreed. It's up to you to think what. I'm too lazy to tell stories." I'll hang up.

It's payback time! Did you think I'd forgotten what you did to me? Huh! "Luh, Seul!" he groaned.

"Don't overthink it. Go away, let's finish this so we can go home early."

"Later, Seul, let's eat first. I'm hungry," Seungwan suggested. I hadn't even responded when he yanked me down.

Seungwan decided to eat at the opposite restaurant. He said he was sick of eating at the cafeteria, which I didn't agree with, but he said he'd treat me. I agreed because I'm easy to talk to.

---

"So, you guys are a thing now?" he questioned as we took our seats. He threatened to make me pay for the food if I didn't tell him everything.

"We've been together for a long time," I replied, taking a bite of my food.

He shook his head and gave me a serious look. "You know what I mean, Seul. Are you sure about what you're going to do? What if it doesn't work? You'll get hurt again, and I'll see you anxious and almost lifeless."

"She said yes, but you don't know if she will return your love. You can do anything to win her heart, and if you do, I'm happy for you. But what if you don't? You're still the person who takes everything personally, you don't express your emotions, and you don't like sharing your thoughts. You'll get hurt, and I don't want that to happen." He sighed.

"You know I care for you. You've been through too much, Seul. Let yourself go, I want you to be happy because you deserve it. If it doesn't work, as you said, let go. I know it's difficult to move on, but try okay?"

He's right. I know he's serious because he's speaking in English. I understand him, but my heart still beats for her no matter what. I understand that only one of the two outcomes is possible. If I can make her fall in love, I'll be able to claim eudaimonia, if not, I'll be disappointed.

You make the decision in life. It is up to you whether you want your life to be good or bad, but even if you choose a good life, we cannot predict the outcomes. You can't say you'll be successful because I chose this for you.

Life is a game, and we can't predict what will happen next. Our lives are unpredictable.

All we can do is manifest and act on it.

Yes, we have a choice, but not every decision we make guarantees us a good life or eudaimonia. Because we have no control over our lives, I want to try. Even though I know there is no guarantee in anything, even though I know I will be hurt, all I want to do is try.

I don't want to be sorry later.

I tell myself that even if this doesn't work, I won't be disappointed because I tried.

Life is both sweet and bitter.

"I know Seungwan, but I can't help myself," I said quietly.

"Let's not talk about that. I'm just really concerned, my brother. Please take care of yourself, if it's too much then let go. Don't settle yourself for less." He advised. I understand him because I think of him as a brother.

"So, what's your plan?" he asked, switching the subject.

"What plan?" I asked, baffled.

"Of course, the operation you'll carry out to make Irene fall in love with me," he said, quoting the last part.

I thought about it. It's funny how I can say that but don't know where to take her.

I shook my head. "What should I do? Help Wan, you're good at this, you're a womanizer," Seungwan says. Every night, he flirts with girls.

"You approached the right person, Dude. Of course you should have a date. Like taking her to her favorite places, or inviting her to the movies with you, or maybe to the amusement park. Those are the typical dates. Just know what she wants."

I thought carefully. She despises crowded places. If I take her to the movies, she refuses to watch them because she despises them. She will only watch when necessary. And she doesn't like rides; going there is pointless for her because it's not fun.

That's what I remember her saying when I asked her what she didn't want if a guy asked her out on a date.

Where should I take her? Sighed.

"Invite her right away for a good impression," he laughed, continuing to eat.

I nodded. "Alright, maybe tomorrow."

Where should I take you on a date Hyun? Maybe I should just take you in bed. ;)

---

"Attention all employees: please go to the lobby now, our CEO has something important to say. Thank you!"

Because of the announcement, we had to stop what we were doing. Our other companions began to whisper. Perhaps they were wondering why Hyun had called us.

Seungwan and I began walking to the lobby.

Almost all of the employees in each department were already present when we arrived.

I noticed Hyun on the platform. "You must be wondering why I called you? I just want to say that you can all go home; if someone asks, he or she will stay here and continue to work."

Even though we were puzzled, we nodded, and some even said yes.

She looked around, as if she was searching for something. When our gazes met, she grinned and refocused its gaze ahead.

What's up? This is the first time I've seen her grinning.

"Good, you may now leave." The others started to leave.

"Come on Seul, let's go wander," Seungwan says.

We were about to leave when she said something. "Except for you, Kang Seulgi."

I was stunned and had to confront her. "I'll go first, Seul. It appears you've irritated Ma'am yet again, good luck!" He said goodbye and quickly left.

When everyone had left, it occurred to me that she was walking in slow motion. Wow, even when she's walking, she exudes class and poise.

She came to a halt in front of me and stared at me. "Let's go," she said, turning to walk when I stopped her.

"Oh where?" I asked, scratching my brow. I'm not sure what she said.

She crosses her arms and raises one eyebrow at me. "You said you'd take me on a date? Let's do it now, don't wait until tomorrow," she said as she walked out.

Huh? In my head, I couldn't process what she said. Date?

How did she know?

"Let's go Seulgi. Don't make me wait." She shouted.

I quickly followed her. I don't know how she found out but I'll won't think about it now. I need to think about where will I take her to a date.

***

Happy Bitter day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

499K 18.2K 50
[ENGLISH] My life sucks! I'm marrying that little freakin' devil reincarnate-I mean jeez..I'm marrying Ms. Popular. (Completed) (Edited) a seulrene f...
36.1K 1.4K 7
⸝⸝ irene told seulgi that if the latter grows up taller than her when they grow up, they'll get married. complete !
44.2K 2K 19
Requested πŸ’™ Female Reader Imagines with Seulgi from Red Velvet! Requests are always open! Feel free to send any in that you have! I don't write smu...
10.7K 301 39
Let's see the struggles that Seulgi went through to gain the attention of the one and only BAE JOOHYUN and the obstacles faced by her when trying to...