Night's Love

By LifeAsBog

Soulmates are people who are bound to you before you are even conscious. How? Well, because the night sky sai... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
A/N
Chapter 30
A/N
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
A/N
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Erm another A/N
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter! Truth or Dare

Chapter 24

885 38 0
By LifeAsBog

Y/N POV:

A loud sound can be heard a few feet away from your tired body. Light floods your vision as you peel your eyes open. Remembering your situation, your body jolts to an upright position. Though you don't get very far because of your bound limbs.

You haven't forgotten about your plan of escape.

Your senses overwhelm you with information. The current silence other than breathing, the brightness of the room, the feel of the crunchy fabric below you, the smell of medicine and cleaning supplies, and the taste of your unbrushed teeth.

After adjusting, you are able to see Minghao, the doctor from yesterday. He has the same smile as he did the first time he introduced himself to you.

"Good morning. I hope you slept well. Today, I am just going to take some vitals. No procedures will happen until tomorrow." He announces. You roll your eyes.

"Minghao." You state. He scrunches his eyebrows.

"What?"

"I've never had to pee more in my life."

He tilts his head and examines you before getting the hint. He tells you that he will be back in just a moment, leaving you to let your head roll back onto the board.

As he returns, he does so with new company. There are two new doctors accompanying him, but they seem quite strong. You quirk an eyebrow.

"They will release you from your bindings and guide you to the bathroom, and I," He pulls his hand out from behind his back, "will be making sure you don't try and escape."

Your mouth becomes dry as you observe the large needle in his grip. The yellow tinted liquid sloshes around inside of the tube. You nod twice at him.

He allows the doctors to untie you with a wave of his hand. Not wanting the consequence, you sit as still as possible.

"I hope you know that I wouldn't try to escape while my bladder is this full." You joke. He chuckles lightly.

"We don't take chances here, Y/n."

"I bet."

After your business is complete, they guide you back to the bed, but do not put the cloth back on you. You give a questioning glance to them.

"We've got information we need to collect, and you being free makes it much easier. Well, as long as you don't try anything." Answering your unasked question, he flicks the needle as an intimidation tactic.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Hurry it up."

"As you wish."

The two doctors keep a close eye on you as you keep a close eye on Minghao who keeps a close eye on his supplies. It's like a watching game.

While you wait, you decide to have some fun. It's the only form of entertainment you'll get, after all.

You turn your head to one side and make direct eye contact with one of the new doctors. You stay unblinking as the doctor fidgets with his hands. As he blinks, you crack a malicious smile. His eyes seem to shake and his upper lip contains a dew. Content, you turn to the other doctor, and you hear a light breath of relief from the previous doctor.

This doctor seems to be tougher as you hold his stare. It's important for you to understand each doctor because it might lead you to freedom. The first doctor seems much easier to manipulate.

You tilt you head and wink at him to see if he will crack under your flirtatious gaze. He keeps his eyes on you as a light blush heats his cheeks. A smirk finds it way to your lips, but is quickly removed as Minghao grabs your attention with words.

"I'm just going to take a sample of your blood. A decently large sample, but you will be fine." He says nonchalantly. You just nod as he approaches you with a needle.

You expected the doctors to hold you down, but they don't make a move to do anything at all. They just observe. If you were strong, you would probably be able to fight them and escape, but unfortunately, you were never good in gym class.

Seeing as you didn't want the punishment of the mysterious yellow needle, you just sit still as he takes your blood like a qualified vampire. As he finishes, he steps away with the needle between his fingers.

"Wow. That was easier than I thought it would be. You don't like trouble, do you?" Minghao asks, pushing his glasses further up his nose. You offer a small, convincing smile.

"I hate it, actually. Trouble and me don't get along because I always win." You state confidently. Of course, this was a heavy bluff, but the doctor seems to believe you.

He hums as he walks to a far counter. You turn your attention back to the doctor's next to you. Though, you refuse to say anything so that you don't alert Minghao of you intentions.

You look at the weaker doctor and pick up his hand. He tries to retract his hand slowly, but you hold his wrist tightly. Curiously, you examine his fingers. Pulling them, bending them, and picking at his nails. He gives you a confused look, and that is what you want from him.

Satisfied, you put his hand back flatly on his lap and pat it twice with your own. You place both of your hands on your knees and swing your legs back and forth. Your eyes find their way to Minghao and watch him closely. He is rummaging through drawers and pulling out various tools.

You sigh and turn to the other, tougher doctor. His eyes were also on Minghao, but they meet your own when you face him. His gaze is stern and tells you 'don't try anything', but you want to see what he is about, too.

Your eyebrows raise in false surprise as you bend your head down to look at his legs. You furrow your eyebrows in mock confusion as you lightly tap his shoes with your own. Peaking back up, you see that his gaze has traveled down to both of your legs, just like what you wanted. 'Easy to distract both of them.'

Even the softer doctor is gazing at your legs, wanting to see what would happen next. Silently, you point down at his shin where a small, brown stain resides. His eyebrows furrow as he tries to find what you are pointing at.

You move your finger closer to him to test your boundaries, and he let's you get close enough to grab his pants and directly point at the stain. He nods his head slightly as you release his pants from your grasp.

"What?" He asks quietly.

"A stain." You reply, even quieter.

"It's tiny, how can you see it?" He continues.

"It's obvious." You say, shrugging your shoulders.

He furrows his brows again with a slight frown as he continues to observe his pants. He must care about his image. Bingo.

Finally, Minghao approaches the hospital bed with the three of you on it. He has a large smile on his face, but it is nothing sinister or out of the ordinary for him. The paycheck must be huge to be this happy.

He claps his hands together as he addresses you.

"I'm going to examine this, as one does, and then I will return for further tests tomorrow. I will send nurses to send you some food three times a day. Breakfast will arrive shortly." He says cheerily.

You offer a fake smile and say, "Okay. Is it typical hospital food?"

"I'd say it's much better, but I guess it's up to you." He shrugs. You nod at him and as the other doctors stand up, you glide your hand down the weak doctor's back. The other two doctors don't notice your action, nor do they see his hesitation to leave the room. As he reaches the door, he turns and you give him a sly wink.

How naive. Hopefully he arrives quite often so that you can manipulate him. The other doctor might be a task.

Soon enough, a knock raps on your door and a petite, female nurse enters your room. She has a soft smile on her face and looks to be about your age. 'I wonder how she ended up here. Everyone seems to be quite young...'

You offer a polite smile in return, and she visibly relaxes. Her hair is up in a tight, blonde bun, and her eyes are dark with mascara painting her eyelashes. She is holding a small, white tray with an array of food that appears to be of a higher quality than usual hospital food.

Cautiously, she walks to the table beside your bed which you are, once again, tied to. She gently places the tray down as if she is afraid to make any noise. Your eyes track her movement as she pulls a chair up beside you and the table.

"This may seem a little dehumanizing, but I am required to feed you so that you do not try and escape. Take your time and tell me what you want to eat when you want it." She says. Her voice is velvety but sounds like she is reading off of a script.

"Are you new here?" You ask her, tilting your head. The corners of her small smile twitch, unsure of how to answer.

After a moment, she nods gingerly. "Kind of. I've been here long enough to know what to do." She answers vaguely. You nod and look over at your tray of food.

The main meal is pancakes, and a piece of buttered toast is placed right beside it. Fresh strawberries and a banana decorate the left side of your tray. The food isn't something you would eat often, but it looks really good so you don't mind.

"Can I start with the pancakes, please?" You ask her with a sweet tone in your voice. Getting on her good side might lead you to good things. Maybe, even information on your trapped soulmates.

After you swallow your first bite, you ask another question.

"Do you feed everyone here, or are you just assigned to me?"

"Well," She gives you another bite of pancakes, "I usually switch between patients every meal. I will probably have you for breakfast every day." She answers. You smile in an attempt to show your excitement.

"Who do you have for lunch and dinner?" You pry. She tilts her head.

"Actually, I'm not sure yet. I believe I will have new arrivals, though I'm not so sure." She shrugs her shoulders. It seems that she is becoming more relaxed with you after each question.

Finally, you finish eating after trying to get on her good side with questions and positivity. At this point, you're sure that you can turn her to help you escape. Maybe it's wishful thinking, or maybe it's your strange genius.

Finding yourself alone, you sigh and look around for the thousandth time. After nothing distracts you, you finally let yourself think about your soulmates. You've been avoiding thinking about them because your heart only aches at the idea of them being hurt.

Are Jin, Jungkook, and Jimin alive? Are Namjoon, Hoseok, Taehyung, and Yoongi okay? Do they think you all disappeared and left them? Maybe they know you were taken.

Your soulmates had to be alive because if one would have died you would have felt it, right? At least, that's what people always told you. Apparantly it's the most painful feeling ever. At this point, you have no idea what is a myth and what is reality. Supposedly, some soulmates can read each other's minds. Though, that hasn't been proven true.

Suddenly, you feel a rush of nerves in your chest, making your eyes snap open wide. Instead of whisking the feeling away, you decide to explore it. Maybe the myths aren't myths after all. Maybe your delusion is finally controlling your thoughts.

You close your eyes and try to feel the nerves pounding in your chest. The feeling intensifies and you find yourself becoming slightly light-headed. This might be terribly bad for your health, but your undying curiosity won't be satisfied until you try.

In under a minute, you can hear voices in your mind. They sound hushed and panicked. The stress from them seems to be almost tangible, but you can do nothing but hear. Somehow, you can hear talking, but you cannot understand the words. It's like there is a small, clouded barrier between you and the words.

After a minute or two, you decide to relax and let your body return to normal. Whatever you just did was exhausting and you can't continue to do it.

Shaking your head, you peel your eyes open. 'Would it be a sin to take a nap? I know I've just woken up, but I have nothing better to do.'

With little regret, your eyes grow heavy and you fall into a deep slumber.

------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 4.9K 59
COMPLETE: Growing up everyone knew about soulmates. A mark would appear on your body on your 16th birthday and the person who shared your mark was y...
4.1M 158K 126
1 year. 1 girl. And the 7 men who own her heart. When she applied for the job, she thought she'd just be teaching in South Korea and getting a fresh...
5K 449 32
Two different souls, who just want to live a peaceful life by fighting the odds of life. Unaware of how destiny works for them to become each other's...
21.9K 879 68
A relationship between two people is already hard enough no matter how much they love each other, what about when there are seven people involved? Ca...