KEEP DRIVING - H.S

By sparkrls

KEEP DRIVING | ❝should we just keep driving?❞ -- where harry styles and alliah mendoza are part of ye... More

♡ Prolouge ♡
famous birthdays
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 59
BONUS CONTENT: 12 MONTHS
[INTERVIEW - DRAFTS]
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Epilogue
☀️ OTHER STORIES ☀️
BONUS: The BRITs
BONUS: 30th Birthday

Chapter 6

5.1K 87 56
By sparkrls

September 14 2021, St. Louis

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HER LIFE, Alliah spent her birthday away from home.

Usually, every year, around her birthday, she'd go back home to Mexico, and spend a few days with her family. But this year, she was on the road, in the middle of a tour where she was the opening act.

Alliah had nothing to complain about. It was amazing to travel, and even if she'd known these people for ten days, she could already feel the bonds growing between them.

Nevertheless, being homesick was a feeling Alliah absolutely hated. She'd managed to see her mom yesterday, and it had settled a little bit of the unease within her, but she missed her dad and her childhood home, and the sound of the kids yelling on the street outside.

Alliah missed Takis, the family dog they'd had since she was sixteen. She missed eating quesadillas from the market, and getting horchata. Alliah missed Mexico.

But instead of México, she got on a bus that went down a bumpy road, only to board a packed airplane where she had to sit alone, right next to an arguing couple.

After putting on her headphones and listening to music, the flight was a little more bearable, and after they landed, Alliah caught sight of Harry and they walked through the airport together.

It was a relief to Alliah not to be alone anymore, and she struck up conversation with Harry, joking about the arguing couple next to her. That was, until she caught sight of some people pulling out their phones and taking 'sneaky' pictures of the two of them.

The grin on Alliah's face faded away as she could already imagine all of the comments and insults that would appear on all her posts. Calling her a whore or a slut, degrading her and hitting her where she was most insecure.

Alliah tried to listen to Harry talk, but she had already spiraled into the deep end, and it wasn't until he placed a hand on her shoulder that she snapped back to reality.

"Sorry?" She mumbled.

Harry frowned, scanning her face. "I was just saying that we should get in line for our lugagge. Are you okay?"

Alliah shook her head. "Uh- yeah, sorry, just zoned out." She forced a laugh, trying to be nonchalant and failing massively, from the look on Harry's face. He didn't believe a word she'd said. "Seriously, don't worry. I got a little distracted. That's all."

Harry pursed his lips, taking one last glance at her face before they walked to the moving track for the lugagge.

Half an hour later, suitcases in hand, they were in the back of a big van along with others from the band.

Sarah and Mitch whispered among themselves, laughing at their inside jokes. Paulie was in another world, headphones on and eyes closed. Ny Oh was sketching something in her journal, while Harry sat beside Alliah all the way in the back.

He tried to keep up a conversation, but there was a look in Alliah's eyes, signaling she was elsewhere in her mind.

"C'mon, that's enough already. What's going on? What's wrong?" Harry asked, finally having had enough. "Talk to me."

Alliah sighed, brushing a hand across her hair. "It's not... it's just a lot of things at the same time. I can't explain it."

"Try, please?"

Alliah could never say no to Harry. Not to those green eyes, or that soft smile.

"Birthdays are always really weird for me in general. That one is a really long explanation. And... usually, I spend my birthday in Mexico. I get to spend the day with my parents, and my mom always bakes me this chocolate cake I just love. And it's the first time in four years I haven't been in Mexico for my birthday,"

"Don't get me wrong, I love being on tour. This is, like, the opportunity of a lifetime, I-I wouldn't trade this for anything. But I'm still a little homesick, y'know? And then..." Alliah hesitated for a second, but then Harry nodded and signalled with his hand for her to continue, "I've been having a little bit of a rough time mentally. I mean, I've never been better, 'cause my career is just at its peak, and I dropped new music and my family's great and my friends are incredible, but... sometimes, for no reason at all, I go through these bad moments, these- these period of times where it just sucks for a while, and it's bad and it doesn't get better until it does. But it hasn't gotten better yet, and I know I just have to keep going until eventually things'll improve. So... yeah."

Harry had nodded through her whole rant, dropping the ocassional, 'yeah' or 'okay'. He was a good listener, and he had this way of smiling in such a warm, comforting manner and his presence put anyone at east. Alliah felt like she could tell him anything and he would still understand and wouldn't judge her. Ever.

"I think... everyone goes through those moments where life sucks for a while. Everyone has to go through it, and it's a natural part of life," Harry began.

Harry placed a hand on Alliah's knee to stop it from jumping up and down, and instead rubbing his thumb over it. Alliah melted immediately. She was a sucker for physical touch.

"However, when life sucks, sometimes the best thing to do- the only way to make it through is to... rely on your friends and family, talk to them, let them guide you through it," Harry said, looking straight into Alliah's eyes. "Just because you have to go through it, it doesn't mean you have to go through it alone."

Tears pricked at Alliah's eyes, and she looked down, avoiding Harry's gaze. Alliah hated when people saw her cry. She was a pretty crier, sure, but it made her feel too out of control.

Alliah sniffled. Having Harry to comfort her on a bad day like this was the best thing ever. He was so kind and understanding, it was impossible not to trust him, even when they'd known each other for a month and a half.

During their month of rehearsals, the two hadn't bonded, but ever since tour started, they had grown close together in that short amount of time.

It was inevitable when they spent hours together each day, in between rehearsals and meetings and soundchecks.

Alliah adjusted herself in her seat, tilting her body to the side and hugging Harry tightly. He hugged her back, one hand on her back, the other holding the back of her neck, smoothing down her hair.

She leaned forward, allowing herself to lose awareness of everything else but Harry's touch, his breathing, his heartbeat.

Alliah lost herself in Harry.

harryupdates posted
on instagram

liked by username and others

harryupdates harry spotted at St. Louis airport, reportedly very cozy with North America Tour show opener, @/alliahmendoza. this is another of several mentions of the two being very close together 👀

view all comments

username it's so f-ing obvious they're dating, smh
2h reply

username honestly, she seems like a b**ch.
2h reply
⚠️this comment was removed for breaking community guidelines⚠️

username he deserves better than her
2h reply

username am i the only one who thinks they're lowkey adorable together?
2h reply

username y'all do realize that harry doesn't date every single woman he's friends with, right?
1h reply

alliahmendoza posted
on instagram

liked by mariamendoza and others

alliahmendoza JIGSAW has oficially been yours for twelve hours now and watching people listen to it is incredible, AND it's already hit 50,000 listens?!? THIS IS INSANE. a memory to remember. you don't have to be studying astronomy and waiting for the stars to align anymore; drop all your questions about the song below and i'll answer as many as possible.

view all comments

kat.iebell is this song even real? it sounds too good to be real
2h reply
-> alliahmendoza it is very much real :D

mariamendoza which did you write first, the lyrics or the melody?
2h reply
-> alliahmendoza funnily enough, both at the same time. i came up with the bridge first and then worked my way out from there.

username when did you write this song? how long ago?
2h reply
-> alliahmendoza i wrote it a little over six months ago. it's been a struggle to keep it a secret for so long.

username is this going on the new album? *wink wink*
-> alliahmendoza probably going on the next album... the unannounced album... but not unmade...
-> username DID YOU JUST CONFIRM THAT AM3 IS ALREADY MADE?
-> alliahmendoza 👀

username are you going to perform it live?
-> alliahmendoza on the setlist for the show in PA. time to make memories ;)

username is this song about your relationship with harry?
-> alliahmendoza you mean our non-existent romantic relationship? we're just friends, and no, it's not about harry.

alliahmendoza posted
on instagram

liked by kat.iebell and others

alliahmendoza despite being far, far away from home, i just had the best birthday ever. can't believe @kat.iebell flew out to see me. thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes. best day ever.

view all comments

mariamendoza feliz cumpleaños, nena. orgullosa de ti.
2h reply
-> alliahmendoza te amo, mamá.

kat.iebell i'm the best friend ever, ik. i love me so much too <3
2h reply
-> alliahmendoza you're definitely the most amazing bestie ever. here's to our nine years together.

pillowpersonpp happy birthday, alliah ❤️
2h reply
-> alliahmendoza thank you 😭

username SARAH WISHED ALLIAH A HAPPY BIRTHDAY???
2h reply

username HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALLIAH
2h reply

username if only i had friends like those 🥲
2h reply

username THE HARRY POLAROID
1h reply
-> username HE LOOKS SO GOOD

September 15 2021, St. Louis

alliahmendoza posted
on instagram

liked by pillowpersonpp and others

alliahmendoza blowing out candles in front of 20,000 people is definitely the most anxiety-inducing event ever, nevertheless, thank you to my love on tour family for surprising me with birthday cake. TWENTY FUCKING THREE!!!

view all comments

kat.iebell you had such a beautiful performance, babe
2h reply
-> alliahmendoza THANK YOUUUU

username harry had us sing happy birthday for her, and then after she blew out her candles, he gave her a real loooongggg hug.
2h reply

username how do i become a part of the love on tour family
2h reply

username she's genuinely such a nice person. she teared up when everyone was singing happy birthday and after her candles, she hugged the whole band, and even said thank you a million times to the crowd.
2h reply

username 3 posts in the span of 2 days??? we win.
2h reply

a/n: hellooooo. new chapter.

life sucks, tbh. been feeling really shitty lately and every day it feels like i'm doing nothing, and yet i still end up super burned out and completely exhausted at the end of the day.

harry polaroids>>>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Us By Leona Riley

Short Story

26 0 26
A teenage girl meets a really hot guy who ends up to be her best friend's cousin and they live happily ever after. But what if it isn't as happy as i...
461K 6.2K 200
He liked a photo and the rest is history.
1.4M 11.9K 194
They fell in love through a camera. They fell apart through a camera. How did their story start? How will it end? ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO @MARIAN_XC. ...
10.6K 120 71