𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄...

Af -lunaetiic

❝I don't care if I fall in love with the devil, as long the devil will love me the way he loves h... Mere

sweet creature
playlist
graphics & aesthetics
act one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four

chapter one

2.4K 121 29
Af -lunaetiic

✧.•°*𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄

EVELYN WALKED INSIDE THE HOUSE, CLOSING THE DOOR WITH HER FOOT and placing her keys in her bag. "Hi, uncle Zach. You won't believe what happened today… I and Care wanted to go shopping but then-" she stopped walking, noticing the other person in the room other than her uncle.

"Hi?" Evelyn questioned, sending a confused glance at her uncle who just sighed and shook his head. "Eve, this is Stefan, he's our…uh…cousin if we remove some relatives. Is it ok if he stays with us?" Zach asked the girl, who immediately looked at Stefan and, with a small awkward smile nodded and put out her hand. "Hi Stefan, I'm Evelyn." She introduced herself.

"Hi. Thank you for letting me stay here," He said, shaking her head but she just shrugged, "no problem, I mean, you're family so…" hearing her words, his smile widened a bit. Zach places his hands over her shoulders, squeezing them while looking at Stefan with a certain emotion in his eyes that Evelyn couldn't understand. "Stefan here took the bedroom that is after the bathroom outside of your room, on the left. Is that good with you?"

"Yeah of course." Evelyn nodded, smiling at her uncle and cousin before a ping made all of them look at her bag. She took out her phone, seeing it was Caroline who just messaged her, asking if she got home safely. Replying with a quick 'yeah i'm all good!' Evelyn looked at the two males with a small smile "Can we order some food? I don't feel like cooking." She said Zach opened his mouth but he closed it after he saw the look his niece was giving him. "-uncle, i love you but you can't cook." She said, amusement laced on her tone. 

"I can cook if you two want." Stefan interrupted them, his eyebrows raised and a glint of hope in his eyes. Zach hid his grimace from Evelyn, while she just nodded her head innocently. "Only if you want to, don't feel obliged to cook Stefan." She said, finally removing her jacket to place it on the coat hangers. The boy just sent her a closed-lip smile and shook his head. "Nono, it would be my pleasure, really." He said, turning around to walk to the kitchen.

After she removed her shoes, because even after her mom's death she could still hear her voice scolding her for wearing shoes in the house, she followed after him. While Stefan started to look in the fridge to see what they had, Evelyn sat at the table, just looking at her phone and answering the texts she ignored all day. "So, is there something in particular you'd like to eat?" Stefan said, trying to break the silence that fell on the room.

"I've got nothing in mind so you're free to cook whatever you want, chef-" Stefan smiled at her words, a small chuckle escaping his lips, "-but I am allergic to shrimps, if I eat one I might die, so maybe avoid making dishes with those on? Please?" She joked, trying to get her apparently cousin to open up a bit and relax.

"Don't worry, I'm not trying to kill you, yet-" Evelyn faked a gasp, placing her hand over her chest while Stefan smiled cheeky at her, "but I saw some steaks in the fridge, so I'll make those. How do you want it to be cooked?" He asked, starting to take out everything he needed. "Uncle Zach likes his well cooked, while I prefer mine to be medium, if you can? If it's too much don't worry-".

"Are you underestimating my cooking skills?" Stefan said, throwing her a fake offended look while his voice was laced with faux anger and disbelief. "Oh I would never, chef Salvatore!" She teased, shaking her head while laughing and making Stefan chuckle.

"So, how old are you?" Stefan asked after a few seconds of silence, "I'm seventeen, my birthday is the 5th of march, I'm a pisces" She said, giving him a small smile. "And you, dear cousin?"

"Also seventeen, my birthday is the first of November and I'm a scorpio," He said, frowning when Evelyn faked a gasp. "I can't believe I'm cousin with a scorpio,  wow." She teased, pointing her finger at him. He swatted her hand away, "Ahahah, so funny." He said, amusement latching his words.

"So Stefan, why did you come here to Mystic Falls? I mean…no offense but no one would willingly come live here. It's so boring, ugh." Evelyn said, rolling her eyes before shaking her head.

"I've had another…fall out with my brother I guess, and I wanted a change of scenarios and I knew I had some relatives here, so I said…why not, you know." He said, shrugging. Evelyn frowned "Oh, sorry about that. What's your brother's name?" She asked, curious about her other relatives that she never knew about.

"His name is Damon, he's older than me and…after the death of our parents I guess we just…kept arguing, there were moments where we got along but…" He trailed off and Evelyn took that as a sign to cheer him up.

"Don't worry Stefan, I'm sure with time you and your brother will make amends. But, if it makes you feel less lonely or homesick I can play the part as the annoying sister?" She joked, cooking her head to the side much like a puppy would.

Stefan smiled at the sight, "I'm sure you'll do an amazing job, you already have the annoying part covered." He teased, laughing when Evelyn jumped down the chair and started to chase him through the kitchen. "Take it back!" She shouted, a smile on her lips as Stefan laughed at her while running around the table.

"You have to catch me first!" Stefan said, feeling as if he was really back in  1864, when he and his brother would joke around with each other and spend time together any chance they had. Maybe Mystic Falls had more to offer other than the mystery around the life of Elena Gilbert.

⋆·˚ ༘ *

"CARE! I TOLD YOU YESTERDAY THAT I WAS GOING TO WEAR THE BLUE SHIRT!" Evelyn said laughing as soon as she saw the shirt her best friend was wearing. Caroline ignored her words, instead choosing to gape at her with her mouth open.

"Whose car did you just get off?! Because it was not yours, and definitely not Bonnie's. So spill."

Evelyn giggled at her best friend's words and just shrugged. "Distant cousin or something moved here like- two days ago and I've been trying to get to know him, show him around town a bit and he offered to drive me to school and back every day since he's starting today. And no, he does not have a girlfriend so yes, you can flirt with him." She said, poking her friend's ribs with her finger as they walked inside the school.

Both of them noticed Bonnie and Elena who were talking near their lockers, and immediately went towards their friends. Caroline threw herself at Elena, hugging her close. "Elena. Oh, my god." The blonde said while Evelyn giggled and went to hug Bonnie who gave her an amused smile.

"How are you? Oh, it's so good to see you. How is she? Is she good?" Caroline asked quickly, glancing towards Bonnie and then back at Elena. Said girl laughed, "Caroline, I'm right here. And I'm fine, thank you." She said, smiling at her friend.

"Really?"

"Yes. Much better"

"Oh you poor thing." Caroline said, hugging the brunette again, unaware of Evelyn who rolled her eyes when she saw Elena exchange a look with Bonnie while the other blonde was hugging her. "Okay Caroline." Elena said, an awkward smile on her face as she pulled herself out of the hug.

"Oh, okay! See you guys later?" She said, already moving towards her first class. "Eve I will save you a seat next to me. Hurry up!" Evelyn only nodded at her with a closed smile before she turned around and looked at Elena.

"No comment." Elena said, smiling.

"I'm not gonna say anything." Bonnie said, chuckling.

Evelyn rolled her eyes. "Come on, both of you." She lightly scolded them before bringing Elena into a hug, much less force than Caroline's. 

"How are you? Seriously." She asked her friend, who only smiled sadly at her and shrugged. "As usual, but today I'm positive,  I feel like something is about to change." She said, feeling comfortable telling this to her since Elena knew that the blonde understood what she was going through better than everyone else. "That's good, you gotta keep a good and positive view Lena." Evelyn said, smiling in approval.

A ping distracted her, and she looked down to see a text from Stefan. 'I'll try to ask to be in the same classes as you, hope you don't mind.' To which she quickly replied with 'I'm so happy that I can annoy you even in all my classes now!!' before she looked at the hour and frowned. "I have to go, I'll see you both in history later. Bye!" She said, quickly turning around and walking to her first class.

✧.•°*

WHEN EVELYN FINALLY GOT TO HER HISTORY CLASS, her head was pounding and the usual discomfort in her chest, right below her ribs, was making itself known more than ever. Just then, Stefan decided to sit in front of her, giving her a smile and frowned when she gave him a pained smile.

"You ok Eve?" Stefan asked, frowning. Over the course of the days Evelyn managed to get Stefan to call her Eve, the nickname practically everyone used for her.

"Yeah, my head just hurts a bit," she said, giving him a small smile before they both turned around as the bell rang, indicating the start of the lesson and Mr Tanner, their history teacher, started to talk.

"Once our home state of Virginia joined the confederacy in 1861, it created a tremendous amount of tension within the state. People in Virginia's northwest region had different ideals than those from the traditional deep south. Then Virginia divided in 1863 with the northwest region joining the union…" After that, Evelyn kept zoning in and out of the lesson, too busy drawing some small, cozy house in the woods to even be bothered listening to what her professor had to say.

She glanced up however as she saw Stefan moving on his chair and she quickly noticed he was looking towards Elena with a small smile on his face. Quickly, she took out her phone and discretely texted her cousin. 'I know Elena is pretty but don't stare too much at my bf' and muffled her chuckle as she saw Stefan turning towards her with a fake scowl on his face. What the two didn't realize, were the two sets of curious eyes set on them.

✧.•°*

AFTER HER LAST LESSON, THAT WAS CHEMISTRY, EVELYN got home, shouting as usual at the void that she was home even if she knew that Zach was out working. She quickly went up to her room, changing into pajamas and setting an alarm and immediately went under the covers of her bed, ready for her usual evening naps but, after only thirty minutes she was shook awake by none other than Stefan.

"Hey Eve…" He trailed off, chuckling when she just groaned at his voice and tried to go back to sleep, pulling back down her sleep mask over her eyes but he stopped her. "No No, hey, wake up. I think I kind of messed up with your friend Elena." Hearing that, she let out an aggressive groan and sat up slowly.

"Tell me everything." She said, scowling.

And Stefan did tell her everything, from how they met that morning to their little moment in history class, the stolen glance between the hallways and then their awkward conversation in the cemetery. Soon enough, her alarm rang through her room and Evelyn got up and started to get ready, reminding herself that she had to meet the girls at the Grill.

"I mean, I just think you kind of made it awkward by disappearing. What happened?" She asked.

"You can say that I don't…react well around blood, it's almost like a phobia or something." Stefan said quickly, shaking his head while Evelyn pursed her lips and nodded before standing up.

"Well, I think you should go to her house, apologize for how you left and definitely give Elena her diary back, God knows just how much she needs it to vent." Evelyn muttered, taking her bag and keys, ready to leave the house. "Come on, I'll take you there, if she's not there then it means she's already at the Grill, where they will probably be waiting for me since I'm…late, as usual."

With that, both teenagers got out of the house and went to Elena's, Evelyn was about to knock but Elena almost immediately opened the door and stumbled back a step before she recognised her. "Eve, what are you doing here?" She asked, smiling at her friend. Evelyn grinned at her, motioning with her head behind her to make Elena see Stefan who smiled at her awkwardly.

"Stefan here needed help finding your house so I decided to be a good person and take him here. You're both welcome," She said, smiling at both.

"I'm going to go in and say hi to Jenna while you two talk ok?" Evelyn asked, sending a wink at Elena who only blushed and nodded shyly. Evelyn passed by her, squeezing her shoulder before entering the house. "Jenna!" She said loudly, and a head of red hair popped out of the kitchen. "Oh Evelyn! How are you?" The woman said, smiling at the girl. "I'm good, and you?" The teenager asked, moving closer to the other woman who simply struggled. 

"Eh, it could be better. It's hard to raise two teens, you know? It keeps reminding me why I never really wanted kids." Jenna said, mumbling quietly the last part but still smiled at the younger girl. "So are you going with Elena at the Grill? Or did the plans change?" The red-head asked.

"Yeah, it's just that I'm trying to play match-maker between Elena and my distant cousin Stefan. They apparently talked this morning too and, you know, Stefan seemed pretty interested so I decided to give them a few minutes alone again." The blonde said, a mischievous glint in her eyes. Jenna laughed, before her smile went down a bit.

"Has she told you how she's feeling? She doesn't really…talk to me, you know?" The older woman said, wincing slightly. Evelyn placed a comforting hand over her arm and squeezed, "she's still trying to adjust to live without them, Jenna. It took me like even three months before I allowed Zach to take me here." She said, wincing when she realized she wasn't really helping.

"Give both Elena and Jeremy some time, I promise it will get better, both for you and for them." She said and the other woman smiled at her as she used her free hand to squeeze the teenager's, "Thank you Evelyn, you're such a good friend to both of them." She said, causing Evelyn to blush and her hands to grow sweaty. Fortunately for her, Elena walked back in and smiled at both of them.

"Are you ready to go, Eve?" She asked and the other girl cleared her throat, pulling her hand away and nodded. "Yeah, bye Jenna!"
she smiled, "bye Eve!".

When they finally got to the Mystic Grill, Evelyn felt relieved. She had been the unlucky soul who had to listen to Stefan and Elena flirt with each other the whole time and was glad that she would not be the third wheel now. Matt, after noticing them walking in, smiled at Evelyn in greetings before nodding at Stefan and holding out his hand.

"Hey, I'm Matt, nice to meet you."

"Hi. Stefan."

Then, Matt turned around to look at both Elena and Evelyn who greeted him at the same time with an 'hey' and then they all went towards Bonnie and Caroline who were waiting for them. Evelyn kissed the cheeks of both girls, sitting down next to Caroline while Stefan sat beside her and Elena sat on his other side.

"So, you were born in Mystic Falls?" Caroline asked, a mischievous glint in her eyes as she analyzed Stefan.

"Mm-Hmm. And moved when I was still young." Stefan said, chuckling when Evelyn mumbled something under her breath.

"Parents?" Asked Bonnie, the usual smile on her face disappeared when Stefan answered her question with an awkward smile and, "My parents passed away."
At that, Evelyn squeezed his arm, feeling bad that half of the people at the table lost their parents.

Elena, who probably was thinking the same thing as her, gave him a small smile, "I'm sorry. Any siblings?"

Evelyn winced at the question, sending a look at Stefan, asking if he was ok with her eyes. He just nodded his head at her, giving her a small smile.

"None that I talk to. I live with my uncle."

"Can we now stop interrogating my little cousin? Please?" Evelyn begged, laughing when Stefan snorted and just rolled his eyes at her words, the other three girls all chuckled at the blonde's words but still nodded, realizing how that could be a little weird.

"So, Stefan, if you're new, then you don't know about the party tomorrow." Caroline said, sending Evelyn a pointed look as if to tell her 'see? I'm not asking any private questions!' and Evelyn just blew her a kiss that Caroline caught while giggling.

"It's a back to school thing at the falls." Bonnie clarified after she noticed both blonde girls giggling with each other and smiled at the boy.

"Are you going?" Stefan asked, and for a moment all the four girls were stunned and sent each other's looks and, when they noticed that Elena was left with an open mouth, literally, Bonnie answered for her.

"Of course she is." The brunette smiled at her best friends, a mischievous smile on her face.

✧.•°*

"YES ZACH, I'M FINE. I'M JUST GOING TO SLEEP AT HER HOUSE, her mom is out working again tonight and she doesn't want to be alone. Yeah, I have everything I need here. Ok, bye. Yes yes, goodnight. Bye, bye…bye-" Evelyn sighed as soon as her uncle closed the call, tossing her phone on Caroline's bed who just giggled at her actions. "I still don't understand why you repeat bye like one hundred times before you hang up. It's weird." Caroline said and Evelyn gasped, turning around to look at her friend with a fake offended look on her face.

"It's not weird! It's my culture!" Evelyn said, laughing when Caroline rolled her eyes while snorting. "I'm being serious, I've talked to some of my parent's friends who are Italian and they just keep going, saying ciao until one of them hangs up. I swear!" She swore when Caroline kept laughing at her.

"Ok miss half italian, why don't you go and make me a pizza? I'm hungry." Caroline said, teasing her.

Evelyn scoffed but sat up, "I will murder you in your sleep Care."

Caroline only chuckled, rolling her eyes. "You can't even kill a spider Eve-"

"They are scary Caroline! They have eight legs ok!? Eight! You don't know what they could do to me-!"

⋆·˚ ༘ *

EVELYN HONESTLY FELT LIKE BANGING HER HEAD REPEATEDLY over her desk since the moment she sat down during her history class. As usual, the boring voice of her even more boring professor was used as a background noise as she opened her sketchbook, taking her pencil to start drawing a field full of flowers, her knee moving up and down in a frantic motion even if she was calm.

"The Battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls. How many casualties resulted in this battle? Ms. Bennett?"

"Um...a lot? I'm not sure. Like a whole lot." Evelyn wasn't really listening, but she still laughed when Bonnie said that.

But her smile was wiped off of her face when Mr Tanner spoke again,
"Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Ms. Bennett. Mr. Donovan? Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?"

"It's okay, Mr. Tanner, I'm cool with it." With those words, the whole class laughed again, enjoying the small moments of distraction from Tanner's unwavering voice.

"Hmm. Elena? Surely you can
enlighten us about one of the town's most significant historical events?"

"I'm sorry, I--I don't know."

"I was willing to be lenient last year for obvious reasons, Elena. But the personal excuses ended with summer break." An awkward silence fell on the class, the air became tense as soon as everyone realized how much his words must have hurt Elena, who certainly didn't deserve it. Evelyn sat up straight, glaring at her professor for the way he spoke, but thankfully her cousin intervened before she could.

"There were 346 casualties. Unless you're counting local civilians."

"That's correct. Mister...?"

"Salvatore."

"Salvatore. Any relation to the original settlers here at Mystic Falls? Or with our Miss Salvatore here?" Tanner said, motioning with his hands towards Evelyn who smiled fakely at him.

"Distant." Both her and Stefan said at the same time, and Evelyn touched her nose three times, an habit she had been doing since she was a child.

"Well, very good. Except, of course, there were no civilian casualties in this battle."

"Actually, there were 27, sir. Confederate soldiers. They fired on the church, believing it to be housing weapons. They were wrong. It was a night of great loss. The founder's archives are, uh, stored in the civil hall if you'd like to brush up on your facts, Mr. Tanner."

"Hmm."

And with that, Evelyn stopped listening.

✧.•°*

AFTER EVELYN HAD HELPED ELENA TO BRING HOME JEREMY after the party where Vicky was attacked by some animals and had to be brought to the hospital, she woke up with the sounds of yells and glass breaking. Immediately, she sat up straight, slowly reaching to her bedside lamp and turned it on to see if anyone was in her room. She breathed a sigh of relief when no one was there, but got out of bed when she heard more screaming. With trembling hands, Evelyn took her metal bat from when she used to play softball when she was younger and gripped it before walking out of her room with cautious steps.

Slowly, she checked the hallways and the bathroom right next to her door, and just as she was about to get out, an unknown voice spoke from behind her.

"Who are you?"

With a yell, Evelyn let her instinct guide her and spinned around, swinging her bat at the person who spoke, hitting them once and making them fall down on the ground, groaning and, before they could move again, Evelyn brought the bat down again, and again, and again and just as she went to swing it down for the fourth time, a voice stopped her.

"Eve stop!" Stefan's voice interrupted her thoughts, and she immediately stopped, letting the bat fall from her hands and onto…the person, who let out a pained groan.

"Stefan? Are you ok?!" She asked, noticing the dried blood on his shirt.

"Yeah…" He cautiously stepped towards her, bringing her to his side and taking her bat, handing it to him while the man slowly sat up. "Ouch Steffy, already cheating on Elena?" He asked from his position to the ground.

"Ew. Stefan, who's the weirdo?" Evelyn asked, a frown on her face. The man scoffed at her, getting on his feet and taking a threatening step towards her. "I should be the one asking the question here, little girl." He practically growled.

"Damon, this is Evelyn Salvatore, our cousin.  Eve, this is Damon…my brother." Stefan said, a displeased sigh leaving his mouth. Both of them snap their heads towards Stefan, mouth agape in disbelief.

"WHAT?!"

✧.•°*━━━━━━━

4060 words for the first chapter guys, you should be proud of me!!

anyway, as you have seen i decided to start from season 1 because i wanted to first, show evelyn  and her relationships with the other characters.

I didn't really feel like writing a prologue because i didn't really know what to write in that lmaoo.

also, i think my writing improved a lot?? i like it a lot more than my old style, and i hope you all enjoy it too.

bye guys <33

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

2M 58.9K 42
divine violence 𓍒ִ໋ the vampire diaries 𓍒ִ໋ klaus mikaelson x fem!oc 𓍒ִ໋ season two - four 𓍒ִ໋ april, 2021
973 49 8
❝ π˜πŽπ” πƒπŽπ'𝐓 πŠππŽπ– 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐅 πŽπ… πˆπ“ ❞ ✼ γ€š the vampire diaries universe x fem! mikaelson! oc γ€› γ€– the vam...
26.6K 685 39
Luna Salvatore knew one thing for sure, her life was a complicated mess. She had suffered but she had survived. She been left broken and scared by th...