Translucence

Par TheQuietHufflepuff

Kya Hansen was invisible to all but one. Her rambling spaz she liked to call him. Six years before, she had... Plus

Epigraph
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
Book Two

24

175 7 1
Par TheQuietHufflepuff

Sheriff Stilinski walked up to Kya, Scott and Isaac, worry etched deep in his face. "I got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson. I've got an APB out on Stiles. His Jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means -- the hell, I don't know what that means. Um -- look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if either one of you see him-"

"We'll call you," Isaac said.

Scott turned to Sheriff Stilinski. "Look, he probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him."

The sheriff nodded. "Yeah. I'll see you, okay?"

Coach joined them and looked at Scott. "McCall. We need you on the team, okay? You know I can't put you on the field next season if you don't get your grades up."

"Yeah, I know, Coach," Scott replied.

"All right. I mean, I-I know I yell a lot, but it's not like I hate you guys. Well, I kind of hate Greenberg, but you know, that's different. It's Greenberg. I'm just saying we -- I need you on the team. Get your grades back up."

"I will."

"I know."

Coach left the locker room and Scott's gaze turned to Isaac. "Is that everyone?"

Isaac nodded. "I think so. You're gonna find him by scent?"

"Yeah, we both are."

Isaac frowned. "But how come you get his shirt and I get a shoe?"

"Because he doesn't want to smell sweat," Kya said.

Derek stood in front of them. "We need to talk."

Kya narrowed her eyes. "Great. More wolves."

"All of us," Peter said.

"Holy sh-" Scott began.

"Oh, my god," Kya muttered. "Why the hell are you here?"

Scott's eyes narrowed. "What the hell is this?"

Derek shrugged. "You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the sheriff's station."

Scott frowned. "Okay, hold on. He -- he threatened to kill my mom. And I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?"

Peter turned to Scott. "I'm gonna go with Scott on this one. Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous."

Derek, Scott and Kya said, "Shut up."

"Who is he?" Isaac wondered.

Scott let out a sigh. "That's Peter, Derek's uncle. Little while back, he tried to kill us all, and then we set him on fire, and Derek slashed his throat."

Peter waved awkwardly. "Hi."

Isaac nodded slowly. "That's good to know."

"How are you here?" Scott and Kya demanded.

Derek said, "Look, the short version is he knows how to stop Jackson. And maybe how to save him."

Isaac looked at his alpha. "Well, that's very helpful, except Jackson's dead."

"What?"

Scott nodded. "Yeah, Jackson's dead. It just happened on the field."

Isaac frowned. "Okay, why is no one taking this as good news?"

Peter turned to Isaac. "Because if Jackson's dead, it didn't just happen. Gerard wanted it to happen."

"But why?" Derek wondered.

"Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out. And something tells me the window of opportunity is closing. Quickly."

Scott glanced around. "Kya, if you're here, the sheriff says Stiles came home."

Kya immediately blipped away.

---

Kya appeared in front of the Stilinski home and phased through the door.

She climbed up the stairs to Stiles' room and hesitated before knocking the door, thankful she was able to come in contact with it. A voice answered. "Dad, I said I'm fine."

Kya didn't answer, and the door opened to reveal Stiles looking at her. "I let myself in. Would've asked your dad, but he kinda can't see me."

Stiles frowned. "You did? Yeah, of course you did."

She studied Stiles' face and saw a busted lip and numerous other cuts. She looked at him with concern. "No, Kya. Oh, uh -- yeah, no, it's nothing. Don't worry about it. I'm fine. Do you want to come in? How are you doing?"

"Stiles, don't lie to me. Please. Who did this to you?"

He sighed, knowing he'd have to tell her, as she wouldn't let up. "Gerard. Don't go all Invisible Girl on him, okay?"

She made her way to his bed and his phone chimed. "You have 17 missed messages from Scott."

He nodded. "I know."

"You gonna keep ignoring him?"

"No. No, not really."

Her attention was drawn to his dresser. "Why do you have women's jewelry?"

"Oh. Uh, nothing, it's just some stuff I bought, you know, for your birthday."

"Um, yeah, that's... How would you give it to me?"

Stiles let out a sigh. "Yeah, I just -- I kind of didn't know what to get you, so I just bought you, like, a bunch of stuff. Like, a lot of stuff. You know, I was gonna return anything that I didn't give you."

Kya raised a brow and frowned. "A flat screen TV?"

He laughed softly. "Yeah, that I'm definitely returning."

His phone went off again and she looked at the message. "Stiles, this seems pretty important. Scott needs help." He read the message as she said, "I gotta go help him."

"Are you kidding me, Kya? You know this whole thing is a freaking nightmare!"

Kya shook her head. "I don't care. I need to help."

He let out a frustrated sigh. "See, that's the problem. You -- you don't care about getting hurt. But you know how I'll feel? I'll be devastated. And when you died, I literally went out of my freakin' mind. If I completely lost You... You see, death happened to you, Kya. And now it's happening to everyone around you, okay? To all the people who were standing at your funeral, trying to figure out how they're gonna live the rest of their lives now without you in it? Huh? And look at my face, huh? Come on. You actually think this was meant to hurt me? Um -- I'm so sorry."

Kya's eyes stung as she stepped away from him. "Goodbye, Stiles."

Stiles called after her, but she didn't turn around. "Hey, Kya, wait. Kya!"

She wiped away a tear and left the house.

---

Kya made her way to the warehouse where everyone else had gathered.

She came upon a black SUV and heard Isaac say, "I think he stopped moving."

Argent frowned. "Where's Derek?"

Kya turned to see a figure bounding down the street on all fours. "There he is."

Peter rolled his eyes. "Someone certainly enjoys making an entrance."

Argent's eyes narrowed. "I'm here for Jackson. Not you."

Derek frowned. "Somehow I don't find that very comforting. Get him inside."

"Where are they?" Scott wondered.

"Who?"

"Peter and Lydia. Whoa, hold on a second. You said you knew how to save him."

"We're past that."

"What about-" Scott began.

Silently, Derek unzipped the bag to reveal an empty cocoon. Jackson was running around in half-kanima form, which meant it would be problematic for everyone.

Derek continued. "Think about it, Scott. Gerard controls him now. He's turned Jackson into his own personal guard dog. And he set all of this in motion so that Jackson could get even bigger and more powerful."

Argent shook his head. "No. No, he wouldn't do that. If Jackson's a dog, he's turning rabid, and my father wouldn't let a rabid dog live."

Gerard stepped into the light. "Of course not. Anything that dangerous, that out of control, is better off dead."

Derek pulled his arm back with his claws unsheathed and readied to thrust them into Jackson's chest, but Jackson did so to Derek. The werewolf was lifted by one hand and thrown into a different room.

Gerard looked at them with a sadistic smile. "Well done to the last, Scott. Like, the concerned friend you are, you brought Jackson to Derek to save him. You just didn't realize that you were also bringing Derek to me."

Allison appeared and lifted her crossbow as Scott asked, "Allison?"

She shot Isaac, and Kya lunged at the brunette while Scott checked on Isaac.

Allison frowned as her weapon was knocked from her hands.

Kya, in her peripheral, noticed that Jackson had gone full kanima. The guys were fighting him, and Derek had gotten partially paralyzed.

Isaac stood and ran back to fight, but Allison, armed with a knife in each hand, stopped him. Kya narrowed her eyes.

Allison slashed Isaac's stomach, then turned around to stab his back. Kya saw Allison heading towards Derek, but the kanima stopped her by grabbing her throat.

She was released moments later and seemed to be okay. She prepared to attack again, but Gerard said, "Not yet, sweetheart."

Allison turned to face her grandfather. "What are you doing?"

Scott's eyes widened, like he suddenly thought of something. "He's doing what he came here to do."

Gerard gave him a nod. "Then you know."

Allison frowned. "What's he talking about?"

"It was the night outside the hospital, wasn't it, when I threatened your mother. I knew I saw something in your eyes. You could just smell it, couldn't you?"

"He's dying," Isaac realized.

Gerard nodded at the him. "I am. I have been for awhile now. Unfortunately, science doesn't have a cure for cancer yet. But the supernatural does."

"You monster," Argent said.

"Not yet," Gerard replied, motioning for the kanima to kill Allison.

"What are you doing?" Allison asked.

"You'll kill her too?" Argent questioned.

Gerard glared at Argent. "When it comes to survival, I'd kill my own son! Scott!"

Derek shook his head, like he knew something Kya didn't. She really hated not knowing things. "Scott, don't. You know that he's gonna kill me right after. He'll be an alpha."

Once again, a sadistic smile crossed Gerard's face. "That's true. But I think he already know that, don't you, Scott? He knows that the ultimate prize is Allison. Do this small task for me, and they can be together. You are the only piece that doesn't fit, Derek. And in case you haven't learned yet, there is just no competing with young love."

An expression Kya couldn't figure out crossed Derek's face. Scott grabbed Derek's head. "Scott, don't! Don't!"

Scott shook his head slowly. "I'm sorry. But I have to."

They braced for Gerard to turn, but to their surprise, black goo oozed from his arm, similar to the black goo the Derek had thrown up when he had gotten shot.

"What the-" Peter began.

The black goo continued to ooze from Gerard's arm, and came out of his nose and eyes. "What? What is this? What did you do?"

Scott looked at him. "Everyone said Gerard always had a plan. I had a plan too."

Gerard shook his head. "No. No."

He opened his pill case and squished a pill to reveal dusty gray dust. "Mountain Ash!"

Gerard threw up black liquid and fell to the ground.

Derek looked down at Scott. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Scott met Derek's eyes. "Because you may be an alpha, but you're not mine."

Gerard continued puking black goo and cried, "Kill them! Kill them all!" He passed out.

Kya narrowed her eyes at the Argents. "Oh yeah, some great people you lot are!"

---

At his house, Stiles sat on his bed and was greeted by his dad. "Listen -- I know that getting beat up, and with what happened to Jackson has gotten you pretty shaken. But be happy about one thing. The game. You were amazing."

Stiles gave him a small smile. "Thanks, Dad."

"No, I mean. Look, it was pretty much over, and then you got the ball, and you started running. You scored, and the tide just turned. And you scored again and again. You weren't just MVP of the game. You were a hero."

"No, I'm not a hero, Dad."

"You were last night."

"I'm not a hero."

His dad smiled. "She liked you, you know. Kya."

"No, I don't think she... I gotta go."

---

Stiles drove to the warehouse, after getting Lydia, and managed to hit something after crashing through the wall.

The kanima's grip on Allison loosened, and she elbowed him in the face. The kanima threw her to the floor and a familiar blue Jeep crashed through the wall and slammed into the kanima.

"Did I get him?" Stiles wondered. "Woah!"

The kanima, Jackson, was on the ground.

Lydia ran up to Jackson and started calling for him. "Jackson! Jackson."

Kya made her way towards the strawberry blonde. "Lydia..."

She suddenly stopped, figuring Lydia could handle herself.

Stiles noticed something glistening, and realized that it was a key. Jackson stared at it and Stiles guessed his mind was flooded with memories.

Jackson took the key from Lydia and his eyes faded back to their normal color as he stepped away from her. He spread his arms out and closed his eyes.

Derek jabbed his claws into Jackson's stomach, while Peter jabbed him from behind. He was lifted into the air and Derek's claws slashed up. Jackson coughed and fell to his knees. Lydia rushed to catch him.

"He's dying," Kya mumbled. "That's a familiar feeling."

Jackson asked, "Do you -- do you still-"

"I do," Lydia cried. "I do still love you. I do, I do still love you. I do. I do. I do still love you. I do."

Jackson's eyes closed and he fell on Lydia's shoulder. The key dropped to the ground.

Stiles noticed Jackson's kanima scales disappearing in a blue haze.

"Where's Gerard?" Allison wondered.

Argent looked around. "He can't be far."

Stiles saw Jackson's finger scraping the concrete, and almost instantly, Kya turned to see what had happened. Jackson's wounds healed and his eyes shot open to reveal a steely blue color.

Jackson stood, naked, and in werewolf form. Stiles instantly covered Kya's eyes, not caring how strange he looked. He opened his mouth, growled, and shifted into his human form. Lydia threw her arms around him.

Stiles look at his Jeep and frowned. "Scratched my Jeep."

Kya glanced up at him. "Scratches are a relatively easy fix." She started walking away.

Stiles sighed. "I know. Wait, Kya. Kya!" He ran towards her.

Kya turned to look at Stiles as she blinked back tears. "Are you going to yell at me again? Because I can't handle that. I can't. Not from you. Not from the only person I can see and talk to."

He stared at her. "Kya, I'm so sorry."

She considered her words, then nodded. "You're forgiven. Just don't do it again."

"I don't intend to."

"Good."

As she walked away, Stiles said softly, "I love you, Kya."

---

The next day, Scott and Stiles were on the lacrosse field getting ready to practice. Stiles glanced at Scott. "So you really think she's gonna come back to you?"

He nodded and asked Stiles the one question he didn't want to be asked as they pulled stuff out of Roscoe's trunk. "Yeah, I know she is. What about you and Kya?"

"Ah. Well, the ten year plan to make her fall in love with me is looking more towards 15 years, but it's still in effect. And her being dead is a bit of a hurdle, but I'll figure it out."

"I'm sure she'll realize sooner or later. I think you're growing on her."

Stiles rolled his eyes. "Yeah, sure. Why don't you just get into the goal and help me make team captain like you promised there, big guy."

Scott took his place in the goal and said, "Hey, you know what I just realized? I'm right back where I started."

Stiles frowned. "What do you mean?"

"I mean no lacrosse, no popularity, no girlfriend. Nothing."

He let out an offended scoff. "Dude, you still got me and Kya."

"I had you and I guess her before."

"Yeah, and you still got me and her. Okay? It's a life fulfilled."

"Very."

"Now remember, no wolf powers."

Scott nodded. "Got it."

His eyes narrowed. "No, I mean it. No super fast reflexes, no super eyesight, no hearing -- none of that crap, okay?"

"Okay. Come on."

"You promise?"

"Would you just take the shot already?"

Stiles threw the first ball into the net and saw Scott's eyes glistening yellow. "I said no wolf powers!"

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

98.2K 1.4K 49
"I was dying inside and nobody but you noticed, and for that reason, I'll always love you." {DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN TEEN WOLF THAT RIGHT GOES TO JEF...
7.7K 222 26
"Stiles," she said quietly and began shaking her head. "Please, let's not talk about it." "No, Maya, I need to talk about it. I-if I don't have a c...
539K 12.6K 42
--I DON'T OWN TEEN WOLF THAT RIGHT GOES TO JEFF DAVIS WHO IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, THE ONLY PEOPLE I OWN IN THE STORY IS FREY, RIKA, ERIK, FINN, AND MI...
2.9K 91 23
Ania Stilinski thought she'd left her home town of Beacon Hills. How wrong she was. The night before her brother starts his second half of sophomor...