THE PROPOSAL || KTH

By ArtsyGallery0

Storyline Kang Y/n , a fiery college dropout in her early twenties, is trying to build a life for herself but... More

Chapter 1 || Job
Chapter 2 || Boss
Chapter 3 || Need
Chapter 4 || Wedding
Chapter 5 || Firecracker
Chapter 6 || Perfection
Chapter 8 || Beautiful
Chapter 9 || Shy
Chapter 10 || Owner
Chapter 11 || Invitation
Chapter 12 || Mom
Chapter 13 || The Secrets
Chapter 14 || Business
Chapter 15 || Quick
Chapter 16 || Share
Chapter 17 || Special
Chapter 18 || Hurting
Chapter 19 || Storm
Chapter 20 || HEA
Author Note

Chapter 7 || Dinner Date

864 94 7
By ArtsyGallery0

Y/n pov

"Y/n," Kim Tae-hyung called me from behind, but I paid no heed to him. I walked ahead, ascended the stairs, and made my way to his-our-bedroom. Anger pulsed through my veins, my head throbbed from the ache that ran deeper into my soul. I didn't quite understand why I was so hurt, but I knew it was because I had come to like him. I had some expectations from him, even though I shouldn't have any. It was a temporary marriage. We were not supposed to have any attachment, but it seemed I broke the promise.

"Y/n! Listen to me, at least, dammit." He entered the room, pissed off at my ignorance. I rolled my eyes. He didn't have any right to be angry after the stunt he pulled last night.

"I don't wanna hear anything, Kim Tae-hyung ," I declared, making my way toward the bathroom, but before I could walk inside, an arm yanked at me, and I was pulled back. I yelped, my eyes widened as I collided with something hard, which I realized was my husband's well-built body.

"Kim Tae-hyung , leave me alone." I wriggled to get out of his grasp, but he held me firm and close.

"Hush, woman. Give me a chance to explain, at least," he whispered. He caged me against the wall, my body pressed against his as his eyes bore into mine. His hand traveled the path from my shoulder to my waist, holding me in place.

"What do you want to explain? Explain to me how you left me alone in the hotel room where I was waiting for you until very late at night?" I bellowed, allowing myself to express the hurt and anger I felt when he didn't return to the room after he disappeared to attend the phone call. I blinked, but tears made their way down my cheeks, no matter how hard I tried to stop myself from falling weak.

It was so humiliating and hurtful. I was there in the room, almost naked, waiting for him to come back. But he didn't. He didn't even bother to leave a message for me before leaving me alone on our supposedly special night.

"You shouldn't have given me false hopes when you were going to crush them," I sneered, both angry and hurt due to him. I had no one but myself to blame. Knowing the reality, I shouldn't have expected much. I did, and there I was shedding tears on his insensitivity. Maybe I was overreacting, but no one loved being abandoned on the night your husband had every intention to make love to you for the very first time. The hurt ran deeper, more intense than anything I had ever felt before.

"I'm not like those women you might have been with in the past who you can get and leave at your convenience." My heart clenched at the thought of him being with other women, but I didn't allow it to overpower my senses. It would have made the situation worse since I wasn't the best person to deal with when angry.

I looked up, panting heavily for a breath. He had a look of calmness on his face, but his eyes betrayed his calm demeanor. He was pissed off, barely holding himself back. Maybe he wasn't used to anyone talking to him like that, but it wasn't my concern.

"Done?" He clenched his jaw, inching closer to bridge the gap between us.

I gulped. The rush of emotions was making my mind go blank. This had always been a problem. With him so close, I couldn't get my mind to work in the right direction. All the rational thoughts would be replaced by the inappropriate, dirty thoughts about the things I wanted to do to him. Not again. I shook my head, exhaled a deep breath, gathering my scattered musings.

"My lawyer messed up with some important legal documents which were to be submitted this morning. I had to leave urgently to fix the problem," he explained, his tone and expressions clipped. "I wouldn't have left if it were not important."

"You could have left a message at least," my voice softened.

"It slipped my mind," he mumbled regretfully, his palm traveling up to cup my face in his palm.

I averted my gaze, knowing I'd give in if I kept looking into those mesmerizing eyes.

"Allow me to make it up to you." He lowered his head, and his lips brushed against mine. "Let me take you out tonight."

I closed my eyes in an attempt to focus on his words rather than on what his touch was doing to my treacherous body. It was proving to be a tough task, though. But still, I tried.

"On a date?" I managed to ask in a shaky voice.

"Yes, on a date," he confirmed.

"Fine." I sighed.

A breathtaking smile curled on his lips. "Now come here, wife."

His hot breath fanned over my mouth, and his lips brushed against my quivering ones. But I pushed him away, creating some distance between our bodies which was needed for me to think straight. "Noo!"

"What?" He was shocked by my denial. Too bad! He should have thought of that before leaving me hot and bothered last night. No matter what his reasons were, that wasn't the way to treat his wife.

"You don't get to touch me, not until tonight, at least." I smirked, pushed him back, and walked past him into the walk-in closet, sliding the door closed behind me.

"Brat!" I heard his voice from outside and couldn't help a giggle. It was fun riling him up.

***

A small smile touched my cheeks without my knowledge. The cool breeze caressed my skin, making the fuzzy feeling grow in the pit of my belly. I had never been in a situation like this before, a situation where I had no control. It could be infuriating, but there was nothing that could be done about it. The warm feeling that spread from my heart to my whole body was incredible, but then, so was the man who was the cause of it.

I drew in a soft breath. I could see the way his hooded gaze drank me in as he sat across from me. The man I met as my sister's boss and the man I married seemed to be two different personalities now. Although he still kept most of his emotions to himself, I had a better understanding of him after our wedding. He wasn't just my sister's boss now or the ruthless businessman who proposed an indecent proposal to me, he was my husband.

"You wanna say something?" I peered at him, reaching out to tuck a few strands of hair behind my ear out of nervousness-a habit I had developed very recently after accepting his proposal-to be precise. No matter how hard I tried, I could never control my anxiety in his presence, and it was partly because I had no idea of his thoughts about me. Sure, he did seem to desire me, but what did he really think of me was still a mystery. One I was afraid to solve.

I squirmed in my place, unable to withstand the way he was gazing at me. He didn't express much, but the way he looked at me was enough to make me feel all hot and bothered. Those brooding, blue eyes drank me in, and darkened lust shone in them.

"You look beautiful," he mumbled, raising a glass of wine to his lips.

I smiled, a tinge of pink adorning my cheeks. He made me feel so feminine. And it was saying a lot since I wasn't the kind of person who would be pleased with a few flattering comments.

"Did you like the dinner?" he asked, clearing his throat.

"Yes. It was lovely." I beamed. The food was great, and so was the lively atmosphere. When he said he was taking me on a dinner date, I had expected some fancy restaurant where he would take me, but he surprised me when he led me to the terrace of his villa. A table for two was set under the gazebo, the scented candles lit up around us complimenting the romantic atmosphere to perfection.

"I love the arrangement." I appreciated the effort he had put into making this evening special for us.

"I was nervous. I have never done this before," he confessed.

"What?" I tried but couldn't hide my shock. "You never took a woman out on a date?"

"I don't do dates," he shrugged unapologetically.

"Player," I scoffed.

"I'm not," he defended. "Just too busy to take a woman out."

I rolled my eyes but didn't say anything having heard of too many tales of his workaholic nature from Minji. But I had never heard anything about his dating life, which said two things-either he was too secretive or really busy as he just said.

"What about you?"

"This is my first official date," I admitted rather embarrassingly.

"I don't believe you," he said. "A girl like you hasn't been on a date before?"

I shrugged. "I don't have a lot of men pining for me."

"Their loss," he whispered as his darkened gaze ran over me, leaving a trail of goosebumps crawling on the surface of my skin. His hold tightened on my hand, the soft caress of his fingertips against my skin was awakening. "Tell me about yourself."

"You already know." At least most of the things if not everything.

"It's not enough," a husky whisper left his lips.

My heart fluttered as I lowered my eyes in shyness. "What do you wanna know?"

"Everything." He played with my fingers causing electric shivers to race through me. It left me feeling amazed. A simple gesture was enough to undo me. God, what was he doing to me? The more I tried to stay away from him, the more I felt a strong pull toward him. "Tell me about your family. You don't act as though you're close to them."

"I'm not," I whispered. "Our ideologies don't match."

Kim Tae-hyung arched an eyebrow but didn't say anything as if waiting for me to continue. I didn't know if I should open up about my family and my relationship with him, but it felt right.

"Let's just say I was closer to my father. After he died, I didn't feel the same." I shrugged. "The emotional connection I had with my mother and sister kept fading with time. Mom wanted me to abide by her rules, but I wanted things my way. You might have seen I'm not the person who lives by rules."

"That I know," he smirked. "You're a brat. A tempting, irresistible one at that."

"Shut up," I grumbled and looked away from him as heat made its way to my cheeks.

"Okay. I understand why your mother doesn't get along with you, but what about your sister? Is it just sibling rivalry, or is there more?" Kim Tae-hyung asked as he leaned back in the dark oak wooden chair and let his scrutinizing gaze pass over me.

I let out a dry chuckle at the thought of my older sister. "She's Momma's pet. She follows her footsteps, quite blindly if I might add. It's also about my father's property. She doesn't want me to have my share," I added after a long pause.

"That's awful."

"I know." My lips pressed together in a thin line. "Let's not talk about them and ruin the mood."

Kim Tae-hyung agreed, making me smile. He was charming, and I liked having his undivided attention. It might sound selfish to want him all for myself, but I couldn't control this strong, primitive urge to own him, to be owned by him. Damn, I was a gone case.

His cell phone rang, forcing us to break eye contact. I shifted my gaze from him to the cell phone he kept on the table. Some Jungkook's name was flashing on the screen.

Kim Tae-hyung swiped his thumb on the red button and rejected the call.

"You can take it. It could be important," I said, taking a sip of wine from my glass.

He shook his head. "It's not important."

"Are you sure?" I'd hate for him to neglect his work for me.

"Positive." He smiled.

Damn, that smile. That curve of his lips took my breath away every time it appeared on his face.

Kim Tae-hyung rejected the call and switched off the cell phone when it rang again, then looked at me, his expression softened. "I'll have to leave for Japan tomorrow to see the progress of our new project we started there. It's a three-day trip. Will you come with me?"

My heart fluttered. I shifted in my seat feeling a strange anxiety at the idea of going on a trip with him, but it was in a good way.

"I'll come with you," I told him, not that I had any reason to deny. If anything, we could use this time to bond. There were still so many things we didn't know about each other, and while we shared amazing chemistry, I'd like to connect with him emotionally as well.

"Great," he murmured, his eyes never leaving mine.

"When will we be leaving? I have to pack as well."

"Tomorrow at noon, and don't worry about packing, I'll help you after dinner. I have to pack my stuff, too."

"That will be awesome," I whispered, smiling so wide that my cheeks hurt. I'd never felt such childlike excitement for anything before. Being with Kim Tae-hyung did make me act out of character, not that I was complaining. I liked the changes he brought in me.

I'm not going to update after this chapter, I work hard it's not easy to update regularly but still I did and only get 8-10 likes, I'm sad 😔.

Sorry and thank you to those readers who always vote on chapters. Thank you so much ❤️.

[Words Count : 2320]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 347 26
???: I don't want to marry you. ???: As if I am dying to marry you. ???: I can't marry a guy like you. ???: What do you mean by that? I should say...
32.5K 919 25
Jungkook harshly twisted her arm to her back pulling her closer to me she hissed in pain and looked at Jungkook Jk: You ugly bitch!!! I just marring...
55.2K 1.5K 22
" You don't want to fall for him, but he's dangerous. " Cha Y/n. Kim Taehyung. 24 year old girl suddenly got married, for which she asked her father...