THE PROPOSAL || KTH

By ArtsyGallery0

Storyline Kang Y/n , a fiery college dropout in her early twenties, is trying to build a life for herself but... More

Chapter 1 || Job
Chapter 2 || Boss
Chapter 3 || Need
Chapter 4 || Wedding
Chapter 5 || Firecracker
Chapter 7 || Dinner Date
Chapter 8 || Beautiful
Chapter 9 || Shy
Chapter 10 || Owner
Chapter 11 || Invitation
Chapter 12 || Mom
Chapter 13 || The Secrets
Chapter 14 || Business
Chapter 15 || Quick
Chapter 16 || Share
Chapter 17 || Special
Chapter 18 || Hurting
Chapter 19 || Storm
Chapter 20 || HEA
Author Note

Chapter 6 || Perfection

844 62 3
By ArtsyGallery0

Y/n pov

"That was crazy," I stumbled into the ladies' room and sighed in relief. The reception party was still going on outside, and I was losing my head at how conflicting his world was from mine. Chalk and cheese? Yeah, that's how different it was. From the interaction with the media to meeting with his relatives and friends, everything left me feeling lightheaded. It was all a blur, and it was a surprise I went through it without making a fool of myself.

But it wasn't that I ran away to have a moment for myself, it was the meeting with his family that triggered my escape. Yeah, they were nice people, if you leave his brother, Woo-jin, out. And his father. He was not really fond of me-it was evident from the encounter I had with him a few moments back. He had that I-don't-trust-you look in his eyes throughout the small talk we had about me. He wasn't pleased to know his son had married a nobody. I didn't blame him, though. The poor man must have gotten a shock with his older son's sudden marriage.

"Was there any dearth of women that you had to go out and marry her?" His father sneered when Kim Tae-hyung introduced me to him.

"That's my wife you're talking to. You will treat her with respect, Dad," Kim Tae-hyung snapped at his father, leaving his father and me surprised. The senior Kim didn't really expect his son to stand up for me. I hadn't either. But it was a pleasant surprise since I was too overwhelmed, and there was so much going on in my head to defend myself in front of Kim Tae-hyung 's father.

Mr. Kim glared at me. The man has got some problems with poor people, or is it just me?

"You can't bring trash home, then expect me to respect it," he sneered. "I expected better from you, but you disappoint me, son."

Mr. Kim shot one more disgust-filled look my way before he turned and walked away from us.

Kim Tae-hyung grabbed my hand and made me face him. "Are you all right? I knew he was going to react like that. I shouldn't have..."

I shook my head, interrupting him. "It's fine. I didn't take his words to heart."

He smiled but still looked unsure. I didn't comment. I had no idea what to feel about my short interaction with his father. But I wouldn't lie saying it didn't sting.

Mr. Kim was downright rude. But unlike him, his mother and sister seemed to have no problem with me. They made me feel welcomed, and from their talks, I could tell they were genuinely happy for Kim Tae-hyung and me.

Letting go of a deep breath, I walked over to the mirror and gave a check to my appearance. I wouldn't lie, I looked beautiful. The outfit I wore was a soft pink designer gown that hugged my upper body then flared out, giving me a princess look. I ran my hands down the dress. I loved it, having never worn something like this before. I was more of a jeans-and-shorts type of girl.

I reapplied my lipstick and gave myself one last look before I made my way out into the party hall. The reception was held at The Grand Hyatt, one of the best hotels in the city, and needless to say, Kim Tae-hyung had spent quite lavishly to make it a perfect and grand event.

I didn't know if I should be happy about it or reprimand him for wasting so much money over something that came with an expiration date. But knowing he wasn't going to listen to me, regardless of how right I was, I kept it to myself.

"You must be happy now. This is what you wanted, right?"

I halted in my steps, hearing a venom-filled voice from behind. I stilled, knowing very well the owner of the voice-my older sister. Fuck, why did she have to come? I was certainly not in a mood to deal with her bitchiness.

"Hey, guys," I greeted my mother and sister, but all I got in return were death glares. Both of them didn't look pleased, and it was the reason I avoided them throughout the evening until now. There was no escape now. I had to deal with them whether I liked it or not. Fuck my life.

"I knew you wanted him when you came dressed up like a slut at the dinner two weeks back," Minji sneered, stepping closer to me. Mom stood right behind her, her eyes holding disappointment. Disappointment? For what? It wasn't like I came between two star-crossed lovers. Nothing was going on between her and Kim Tae-hyung , nor was there any possibility of anything happening between the duo. She wanted him because he was a challenge to her while he didn't even care about her existence.

"C'mon, babes. It wasn't like you loved him or anything," I shrugged. "And he doesn't give a damn even if you did."

"Why would he when he's got a skank like you sprawled all over him?" she scowled.

"Another bad word, and I won't mind showing you how pretty you will look with my handprint on your face," I threatened, pinning her down with my hard gaze. She looked unfazed, still glaring at me. The tension between us grew, and I knew it wasn't going to end well. Two angry women at each other's throats, when had the end result ever been good? Jeez, that would be scandalous. But I didn't want that. Creating a scene for the world to see was the last thing I wanted.

"What did you get by betraying your sister, Y/n? You knew how Minji feels about him, yet you went behind her back," Mom chided, shaking her head in disappointment.

"She wanted him? More like she wanted the fortune and luxury that came with him," I scoffed.

"How dare you, you scheming bitch?" Minji growled, taking a threatening stance as she looked ready to pounce on me. My mother held her back. She didn't want to create a scene, either. Good.

"C'mon, sissy. You don't have to pretend anything, not in front of me, at least." I winked. I was aware that I was playing with fire, but I couldn't help myself. It wasn't every day I got the upper hand on Minji Kang .

"Is everything all right, Y/n?"

I heaved a sigh of relief when I heard his voice. Husband to the rescue. I tilted my head sideways and smiled warmly as he came and stood beside me.

"Yeah, just having a little chat with Mom." I motioned toward the ladies. A small gasp left my lips when he slid an arm around my waist and pulled me into his arms. I still wasn't used to his touch, but it had more to do with my inexperience with men. It seemed even he understood that because he hadn't made any move on me since the first kiss we shared on the day of our wedding. It was thoughtful of him to maintain his distance, seeing I wasn't ready to jump into bed with him right away. Yeah, I was highly attracted to him, but it would take a little time to open up to him.

Kim Tae-hyung followed my gaze and greeted them. "I hope you guys are enjoying the party?"

Mom just nodded, forcing a smile on her face.

"I'm going to steal my wife for a while. I hope you don't mind." He didn't wait for their response, though. He tugged and took me away from there, for which I was grateful. But my happiness was short-lived when he led me outside the party hall from the back door. My nerves picked up, and my heartbeat quickened when we entered the empty lobby, and I realized we were heading to our hotel suite where he had planned our stay for the night.

"Where are we going?" I asked, looking over at him. "Party isn't over yet."

"We have spent enough time there," he whispered, then tilted his head sideways to stare at me. His eyes darkened even more, leaving me with a loss of words. "It's time we get some privacy."

Warmth spread through me at the look in his eyes, and I melted into a puddle of desire. How did he manage to do that? I hadn't felt so good around anyone in a very, very long time. He made me forget everything and go into a world where just him and I existed. It was not a good thing. I shouldn't be feeling this way about him. I couldn't. Too much was at stake already, and I shouldn't be risking my heart to have it broken later.

Kim Tae-hyung closed the door behind us and turned to me, his heated gaze transfixed over me.

"What?" I arched an eyebrow when he took a step back, drinking me in with those brooding, dark eyes. A shudder raced down me, and goosebumps crawled on my skin with my body coming alive under his stare.

"Do you realize how perfect you look," he murmured appreciatively. Uncharacteristically, I blushed, loving and hating the way he made me feel.

"The makeup artist you hired did a good job." I shrugged, but the inside of my heart was in frenzy mode hearing his compliment. I might have received such flattering comments from some boys in college, but they never did anything to me. But it was different with Kim Tae-hyung . Very different. Since our wedding, I found myself looking forward to hearing his thoughts about me. It was alarming.

"It's all you," he whispered, taking a step closer. Letting go of a sigh, he cupped my face in his palm, the pad of his thumb caressing my lower lip. "I couldn't take my eyes off you throughout the evening."

My breath hitched. He moved closer and lowered his head to my level. His lips brushed against mine, leaving a tingling sensation and want for more behind. I clutched his shirt tightly, moving into his embrace as he pulled me in for a kiss that made my toes curl.

I moaned, pushed against the wall by him as his lips moved to my bare neck while his hands explored my body. I was at his mercy, writhing against him from the lust I never knew existed before clouding my mind. It was overwhelming. His muscular form pressed against me, bringing a strange feeling of security and arousal as well.

The act was intimate, erotic even. I could feel every inch of his hardness pressing against me, making me feel small and feminine.

Unconsciously, I tilted my head to give him more access to my neck. The hot, urgent kisses he showered me ignited all those desires I kept buried for so long.

"Tae...Tae-hyung -" I whispered, letting out a shaky breath, smiling to myself. I pushed myself away from the wall into him, wanting him as close as possible. He obliged my request. An arm wound around my waist, and he pulled me to him, one of his palms slid up, touching the side of my breasts while the other one lowered to rest over my hip. I stilled for a moment becoming aware of where his hand rested before I gave in to the sensation.

My whole form quivered from the ache that was beginning to get worse. I raised my head to meet his gaze and shivered feverishly when my soft gaze collided with his darkened, rough one. He held me close, no words needed to convey what he wanted. But what did I want? Him.

"May I?" I jerked out of my thoughts hearing his rough voice. I furrowed my brows in confusion, not realizing why he was asking my permission. I looked up at him. He was breathing heavily, his expression hooded as he let his scrutinizing gaze linger over my face, observing me. He was holding himself back. It wasn't him-the gentleness he was dealing with me-he wasn't used to it.

"I want to see you," he whispered, his fingers gently tugging at the zipper of my outfit.

There were so many things I should have said or done but didn't. Instead, letting out a shaky breath, I nodded my head.

My breath hitched, and the zipper was pulled down. Kim Tae-hyung held my gaze, his fingers worked on the evening gown I was wearing, and before I knew it, the dress pooled around my legs on the ground.

I gulped, a deep blush crawling down my neck. I had never exposed myself to anyone, let alone a man. I was nervous, scared of his reaction, but a look into his eyes and I forgot almost everything. He hadn't torn his gaze away from me, holding me in, refusing to let me look at anything but him. A gooey, fuzzy feeling grew in the pit of my belly that traveled south, leaving me aching and needing, making me aware of how much I desired this man.

"You're the most beautiful woman I have ever seen," he whispered, then lowered his head to drop a tender kiss on my lips before he took a step back and let his eyes drink me in.

"Perfection," he whispered.

He brought my hand to his lips and placed a soft kiss on my palm before he led me to the king-size bed in the middle of the suite. He made me sit on the edge, then stood straight. I raised my head, gulped the lump that had formed in my throat, and watched with bated breath as he got rid of his coat, followed by the waistcoat. He loosened his tie, undid the cufflinks, without taking his heated gaze off me.

"Staring is rude, Mr. Kim ." I heard myself, the huskiness of my voice surprising to me. I sounded sexy.

"Not when it's my wife I'm staring at," Kim Tae-hyung replied, unbuttoning the buttons of his shirt and peeling it off. I gasped audibly, eyeing his half- naked form as if I had never seen a man naked before. I hadn't, though. Not in real life, at least. But that was another thing.

"Now who's staring? Not that I mind." He cocked an eyebrow.

"Shut up!" I grumbled, looking away from him.

"I said I don't mind." He grabbed my chin and made me look at him. I gulped, staring into those brown orbs that held an ocean of emotions. Kim Tae-hyung held the back of my neck and pulled me up as he lowered himself and covered my mouth.

I fell on the bed from the pleasure that surged through me, pulling him along. His muscular form fell on top of me, and I wrapped myself around his torso instinctively. I allowed my hands to explore his body as I desired.

But the moment was broken due to the continuous ringing of his cell phone. Kim Tae-hyung pulled away, muttered a profanity under his breath which left me surprised. In the weeks I had known him, never had I seen him lose control over his language.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I have to take this call, it's important." He glanced at the phone screen before shifting his attention to the call, annoyance at being disturbed shining in his eyes. His unwillingness and helplessness made me smile. It was kind of cute to see him desperate. For me.

"It's all right. Take the call." I nodded my head at him positively. He looked unsure but smiled when I assured him.

"I'll be back before you know it." He kissed my forehead before he hurried down the bed and made his way out, picking up his shirt on the way.

I fell back on the bed with a sigh, a hazy smile touching my cheeks, and my heart racing from the adrenaline rush. The moments transpired between us a few minutes back flashing before my eyes. I wasn't expecting to give in to the passion we shared so soon, but I didn't regret it either. Losing control over emotions had never looked so appealing before.

My fingers curled onto the fluffy blanket. I pulled it over myself and snuggled into it, hoping he'd come soon and fill the void his absence left. I was cold without his body pressed against mine.

[Words Count : 2772]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.9K 1.7K 33
This story is about two people, Kim Taehyung and Min Y/n...They had an arranged marriage. Y/n loves him more than anyone in this world Taehyung love...
9.8K 725 16
It's a story about a young ambitious man who wants everything perfect in his life, he is none other than Kim Taehyung. He can't tolerate a single imp...
30.9K 2K 53
[Re-editing the chapters from 1 to 20 and also changing the name of female lead after finishing the story] [NOT AN MAFIA OBESSION STORY] KIM TAEHYUNG...
63.3K 3.5K 41
You and Jin knew each other in high school. You both graduate and assume you'll never see him again. A few months later, during freshman year of coll...