||Never Let Me Go|| Taekook

By Fiqraana

Once upon a time Jungkook and Taehyung were forever. But after a cheating game,broken trust and lot of tears... More

Exile
Tribe called Quest
Life is what happens
Hurt and Denials
Landslide
A step ahead?
Blue

Don't wanna go back again

90 4 0
By Fiqraana

Jungkook's foot wouldn't stop tapping the floor.

He tried to control it but in vain. His whole body was cackling inside him.

Seokjin had been gone for ten minutes now.

He hated how nervous he was. His inside of his belly was flipping inside him every second.

He was rambling in his thoughts when he could finally see Seokjin and a tall guy with broad shoulders walk towards him.

It wasn't this movie shabang that was making him nervous, it was something else.

"Hi Mr.Jeon! I am Soobin. Nice to meet you." Jungkook nodded and accepted the handshake politely.

"Sorry we had to keep you waiting. Our producer is running late. Shall we lead the room till he arrives?" Soobin said smiling at Jungkook.

A nod was all he could muster as Soobin walked ahead with him and Seokjin trailing behind.

"Kook, don't feel pressured, okay? It'll be fine." Seokjin said and Jungkook realized he must be looking awfully pale for him to say that.

             ****

It had been over half an hour that they were in this meeting.

They had their discussions and even though Jungkook felt out of place first, Seokjin's presence had him calm down.

"Okay, so now that we are on the same page about the credits and consultation process- we are left with one single thing that we wanted to discuss." Soobin declared.

"It's about the ending." A third voice filled the room and captured everyone's attention.

"What about the ending?" Jungkook quipped, confused.

"We would like to alter it." Hoseok chipped in, his shiny self a little hesitant.

That got Jungkook silent. He could feel the gaze of the room on him and he would be lying if he said it didn't weigh him down.

"Why?" Jungkook whispered.

"I will tell you."

A third voice filled in the room. The attention of the room turned towards him and so Jungkook also turned to see who he was and saw a suave, long haired man dressed in all black with a camel overcoat and mint hair. His aura stoic.

He came forward and offered a handshake which Jungkook accepted.

"Min Yoongi. I will be producing this one. Nice to meet you." He said, his gaze so intense that Jungkook could feel knots in his stomach. Maybe being at the top does something to you." Jungkook thought as Yoongi went back to join others on the table across him.

"I know this book is your brainchild and you don't want anyone to touch it but trust me we just feel it would be the best idea if we change the ending for the cinema experience." Yoongi finally said joining the conversation.

He didn't understand this. Why did they want to change the end?

In his head, that end was inevitable.

"No one wants to see a love story with a sad ending in cinemas. People go through enough heartbreaks in real life for them to not want to see the same thing at cinemas too." Yoongi said slowly.

Jungkook looked at Jin and realized he was relying on Jungkook to make a decision.

How bad would it be to see a different ending for his characters?

Characters that were him and Taehyung in a different universe.

Jungkook deliberated. Like he had often when he was writing that end. . .

He looked at the three people sitting across him and thought it wouldn't be half bad if in some universe their story doesn't end up in flames. . .if in some universe they stayed happy.

So, he looked up and answered yes.

Seokjin's face washed up with relief as he gave an assuring smile to the younger.

"Now that Jungkook has been so accomodating, I was hoping you would accommodate a little bit too."

Seokjin's professional voice started  flowing through the hall they were sitting in as Jungkook tried to make sense of what he was talking about.

"Ofcourse Jin hyung. If we can do it, we will." Jung Hoseok chirped in.

"Mr. Jeon here wants Kim Taehyung as the lead actor for this adaptation."
Jungkook looked agape. He wanted it? He could not even fathom to want it.

"Kim Taehyung? Are you an admirer, Mr. Jungkook?" Soobin questioned rather cheekily and Jungkook flustered. His ears burning red.

"Oh! The biggest!" Seokjin muttered to himself but Jungkook caught it and sent glares his way.

He did not know what to say so when he heard Seokjin jumping into the conversation, his glares turned into gratefulness.

"Umm, its just he feels he will be perfect fit for book's lead character, Eun-ho."

Yes, that's because he was Eun-ho.
Jungkook wanted to say.

The three men looked at each other, worry clearly masking their face.
"Taehyung?" Soobin's voice dripped, uncertainty clearly present there.

But to Jungkook's surprise, Seokjin looked unfazed and replied,

"Yes, that's the only condition. Taehyung has to play Eun-ho."

"But Jin,Taehyung doesn't do romance. As much as we want to give Jungkook what he wants, unfortunately Taehyung hates the genre of romance." Hoseok said hesitantly. The shine of his face fading through his words.

To which, Seokjin just shrugged and for the nth time Jungkook was in awe of his agent cum manager's negotiation skills.

"Would you be ready to consider someone else than Kim Taehyung?" Soobin asked a little frustrated.

Jungkook looked at Seokjin and seeing his firm face gave him enough confidence,

"No!"

Min Yoongi was watching him intently and hadn't said more than a few words in the whole meeting. Jungkook felt like he was judging him, like he could see more of him. The feeling made him uneasy and he dropped his gaze when Hoseok's voice entered his ears,

"Don't worry.There is nothing Min Yoongi can't do. He will get Kim Taehyung on board. Right Yoongi?"

Hoseok's face lit up with sudden hope.

Yoongi couldn't help but give him a wry smile.

"Might as well try to get the star on earth from the sky."

                              ****

The pub bustled with crowd and music. Glasses clinked, bartender showed off, dance floor vibrated, people making out picking their one night stands. Clubbing was a thrill on its own and Yoongi hated every bit of thrill.

He preferred reliability and the safety of certainty and quiet. None of it was available here. He poured the whiskey down his throat as it burnt its chest and sizzled behind his ears.
His guest was yet to arrive. He generally liked people waiting for him not vice versa.

But tonight was different. It always was when he met this man. He had turned up early like always.

Fifteen minutes later, he saw the georgousness walk towards him in all black. His jeans fitting so well on his thighs and ass, his t-shirt giving an outline of his well defined abs with a bomber jacket on that's only an add on to his aura.

"Jimin!" Yoongi got up straight on his feet and offered a hand.

"Hi!" Jimin gave his own hand and beamed. His eyes almost disappearing behind his smile.

"Are you fighting your demons these days?" Jimin grinned.

"What?" Yoongi looked at him confused.

"You called me at a club. You hate this place."

Yoongi shrugged.

"You like it!"

"I do." Jimin replied. Head vibing to the music as he made some moves and Yoongi laughed.

"Gosh you are this stoic lion normally and then you start to laugh and it turns out you are nothing but a cat."
"Shut up!"

Jimin giggled and Yoongi just shakes his head.

"You disarm men with your smile, Min Yoongi! Do you know that?" Jimin teased without knowing the effect it caused on the former's heart.
Yoongi stared at him for a second longer as he asked,

"Why? Do I disarm you?"

Jimin laughed at that and Yoongi tried to calm his racing heart.

"So. . .why did you call?"

"I am producing a film!"

"Good for you. That's what you do." Jimn replied cheekily.

Yoongi just rolled his eyes at that.

"I want Taehyung in it." He added.
"Oh! You should narrate it to him."Jimin said taking a sip of his favourite drink.

"Why would I need you if I could have just done that?" Yoongi said pointedly.

Jimin just arched his eyebrows.

"It's a proper romantic movie and Taehyung hates the genre. He would never argree to do it if I ask him directly. But you can coerce him."

Jimin was quiet.

"Why Tae? Why not anyone else?" He asked.

"Because the author whose book we are adapting would not have anyone else but Kim Taehyung. . .That's his condition to give us the rights to adaption." Yoongi explained.

"Why does he want only him?" Jimin frowned.

"His agent says the book character fit him the best."

Jimin is lost in his thoughts.

"Jimin look its the tenth anniversary of our production company. We are going back to the roots of where we started with this movie. Romance. This movie is important and to be honest I also feel the character will be fit for Taehyung." Yoongi tried to reason his point.

He knew this was going to be difficult. For some reason unknown to him Taehyung never was ready for any romantic movie. That was the reason why he had done movies of all kinds but this particular genre.

"Who is the author?" Jimin asked.

"Jeon Jungkook!" Yoongi said and the way Jimin's eyes went wide he knew he had done something wrong.
Jimin immediately got up from his seat and said,

"Sorry Yoongi. . .Taehyung would never do this."

"Would you atleast talk to him?" Yoongi asked.

"No. I won't. Taehyung would never know about this" Jimin said and was on his heels already.

                        ******

Jimin had clearly said no to Yoongi. He knew he shouldn't talk to Taehyung about this but it was so hard putting it off of his mind.

"Jimin?" He heard Taehyung's voice from beside himself.

"Yea- Yeah?" He fumbled coming out of his trance.

"What is wrong with you? Where are you lost these days? Are you trying to put me out of business?" Taehyung snapped.

Jimin rolled his eyes and gave him a small smile.

"Sometimes you really make me doubt you. Are you plotting against me? Now that I think about me you are sending me some really crappy scripts these days." Taehyung eyed him suspiciously.

"Shut up and focus on driving your new Maserati. I hate this luxury." Jimin snapped back.

"Taehyung, will you do a romantic movie?"

"Are you new to my fandom?" Tae chuckled.

Jimin said nothing and just stared ahead.

"Yoongi wants you in his upcoming romance movie. He wants you in it."

"You don't get everything you want in life." Taehyung shrugged.

"They are adapting Jungkook's book. He has asked them to get you on board." Jimin stated flatly.

Taehyung stiffened at that as the motor came to a break under his legs.

Taehyung smiled. His calm, collected smile.

"He will never have me involved with him again. Ever. Jungkook and Taehyung's name will never come in the same sentence again, Jimin."

Only if he knew he would be signing contract the next day with Jungkook in the same room.

                      *******

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 4.7K 40
she loved him, even if his heart longed for someone else. ≖ a kim taehyung short story all rights reserved
2.1M 105K 47
STRAIGHT | VKOOK Best friends agreeing to be best friends with benefits is always a no. Especially when both of them are straight. But maybe, maybe...
177K 7.8K 45
Returning to his ex was never something Taehyung intended to do. But when He started having anonymous letters and different threats coming with them...
40.1K 1.3K 11
--Losing someone will make you realize their worth. Two idols whom fallen in love with each other for years but as longer they were together Jungkook...