Idiots to Lovers (bxb)

By itsmeimthevampire

||WATTY WINNER 2023🌟|| Two strangers pretend to be a couple to win a dumb bet. The wager: they must enrol in... More

1 | Neon Nike's and Chocolate Muffins
2 | Sunlight, Buttercups, and All Things Yellow
3 | Lost Keys and Grandma's Wrestling Career
4 | A Bit-too-sweet Cake and the Future of the Galaxy
5 | Faking Allergies and Losing At Therapy
6 | Fake Orchids and Exchanging Numbers
7 | The Pain of Having an Older Sibling
8 | A Furious Manager and A Brave Escapade
9 | Stolen Ice Cream and Sneaky Sheep
11 | Lumpy Toadstools and Fondant Flowers
12 | Rainbow Caterpillar and The Chair Pile
13 | Three Reasons Why
14 | A Depressing Spotify Playlist
15 | Just Two Bros Making Christmas Cake
16 | Roller Skates and Disco Lights
17 | random short chapter just here to piss my readers off xP
18 | why can't this boy just go out and do something instead of listening to...
19 | The Allergies Are For Real This Time (I Swear)
20 | Breaking Brownies and a Bit of Bribery
21 | Happy Songs and Runny Eggs
Part Two - taking reader requests for special scenes
22 | That Annoying Beam of Light That Wakes You Every Morning
23 | Always Keep Your Phone on Silence When Sneaking Around
24 | The Addiction Starts
25 | House on Fire
26 | Things Only Get Worse Where Everett Is Concerned
27 | The Not-Very-Relaxing Drive
Bonus | Poem by Brian
28 | Ice-cream Date
Flashback | So Far In The Friendzone
Flashback | It Was Most Definitely A Date, Right?
Flashback | It doesn't make a difference if he's gay-he still wouldn't like you
29 | You've sucked me into the absolute torture that is Wattpad
30 | Glow in the dark stickers
31 | Honestly, I do not trust everett and I do not trust whatever he is planning
32 | How Many Kinds of Green Are There Anyway?
33 | Paint Got On Everything Except For The Wall
34 | This Was Really Not My Fault
35 | The Mandatory Fairground Date In Every Wattpad Book
36 | Everyone Knows Carnival Games Are Rigged
37 | Baby You're A Haunted House
38 | No Space For You on My Beanbag
39 | That Questionable Christmas Cake From Earlier
40 | Snow Monster
41 | Secret Recipe Hot Chocolate
42 | This is why you should never preheat the oven
43 | A Big, Huge, Giant Hat
44 | A big ball of cake rolling across the floor
45 | Bon-Bons and (Not) Baking
46 | Christmas at the Cafe
47 | Gingerbread House
48 | Practice is Overrated
49 | A Festive Surprise
50 | Caramel Candycane Christmas Candle β„’
51 | A Controversial Christmas Present
52 | In The Moonlight
Authors Note
Quiz | Which Character Am I?

10 | Breaking Eggs For A Hundred Cupcakes

9K 544 392
By itsmeimthevampire

The very next day I was already back outside Everett's house.

I tugged at my collar and ran a hand through my hair. Checking my watch, I realized I had perhaps come too early. I shifted my weight from foot to foot, trying to decide whether to ring the bell or whether to come back later.

The door swung open and Everett glared at me. "What are you doing standing out there for so long?"

He was wearing light blue denim shorts and a white T-shirt that looked good against his olive skin. His hair looked like he had tried hard to brush it, but it still stuck out wildly. It sort of reminded me of a cute hedgehog.

"I just got here," I protested.

He rolled his eyes. "I saw you through the window dude. Come on in."

"Have you decided what we're baking today," I followed him to the kitchen, "or do we have to find a good story first?"

"I already found one! I was reading all night."

"You stayed up all night reading recipe stories?" I asked in amazement.

"Er, that amongst other things. Anyway." Everett brightened. "We're making cupcakes!"

"Oh okay, I've done those before."

"We're making a hundred cupcakes."

"Okay, I have not done that before." My jaw went slack. "Why a hundred?"

"The cafe is hosting some kid's birthday tomorrow," he explained. "There's a whole party happening on the rooftop area."

"Are we making themed cupcakes for it?" I asked uncertainly.

"Ahh." Everett pondered. "They said the party was going to have a fairy theme or something; it's for a six year old. But they said I can just make chocolate cupcakes. I'm putting ganache in them."

We stepped into the large kitchen area. It was fully set up with bowls, mixers, and everything, and stocked with a ton of ingredients. I gladly noted that there were several large ovens.

"What temperature should we preheat these to?" I asked.

"Oh I don't preheat the oven, I just put the stuff in and then turn it on."

I frowned. "You can't do that, the baking time would take longer than what's mentioned in the recipe."

Everett stared at me blankly. "The baking time is always longer though. I have to hang around and keep checking it every five minutes."

"Because you never preheat—nevermind, I'll just put it to around 325º F."

I twisted the knobs around and selected the cupcake setting. Everett started placing the cake liners in the muffin pan.

"We could make some fondant," I suggested, "and create some flowers and fairy wings to decorate the cupcakes. And we can use the edible shiny little gold balls."

"You know how to make those?"

"Not the fondant," I admitted. "But if we find a recipe I can create the decorations."

"I can make fondant, but anything I try to make out of it looks terrible."

I grinned. "I imagine it would."

"Hey!" He smacked me lightly. "You don't have to agree!"

I laughed, checking the recipe to measure out the exact ingredients of everything. Ignoring Everett's suggestion to just 'put whatever is there,' I divided them equally into several large bowls. He dragged out a carton of eggs as I started whisking the dry ingredients.

"Ugh, this is my least favourite part," Everett moaned, suddenly smashing an egg against the side of a bowl before dropping it in.

"Wha- why are you doing that," I asked in shock as he started painstakingly fishing out the bits of shell from the cracked egg.

"It takes sooo long, sometimes the whole day even," he complained, his hands in the yolk.

"Just throw that away and break another egg properly!"

"They all break like this."

"They're not supposed to—"

Everett gasped suddenly, snatching his hand away. "Ow!"

"What happened?" I asked, moving to take his hand.

His fingers were thinner than I expected, with a faded burn along the knuckle of his pinky which I assumed was a careless baking accident. His palms were rough, littered with lines that made an intricate pattern. They reminded me of the dappled shadows created by sunlight streaming through leafy trees.

"It pricked meee," he wailed as I dragged him to the sink. "They should, like...create an egg and shell separator thing. I saw an egg separator once and got really excited, but it was only to separate the yolk—and even that didn't work because the yolk and white are already mixed together when you crack it," he babbled.

I was certain he shook the eggs around before cracking them. But that seemed like a whole other conversation to get into.

"Maybe leave the eggs to me," I suggested as I squeezed some detergent onto his palm and then ran his hand under a cool stream of water.

He gazed at me with huge bright eyes that made my heartbeat falter and come to a halt. "Thank you, Clementine."

"Yeah uh...no problem."

I dropped his hand like hot lava. He didn't take his eyes off me as I felt my face starting to warm up.

"Allergic to something?" he murmured, his voice suddenly soft. It's deeper than usual cadence was making me hot all over.

"Just random allergies," I hastily reassured.

We were still standing by the sink, inches away from each other. From this distance I noticed that he was slightly taller than me. His curly mop of hair stuck out and added to the impression.

His face was so close to mine that I was sure he could hear how fast I was breathing. My palms felt sweaty; I was glad they weren't still touching him.

I gulped, taking a step back. "I guess I should uh...crack the rest of those eggs. You can mix the flour and stuff, but make sure you use a low setting."

Everett shrugged, seemingly unaffected. We got back to work and finished up the batter and ganache, for a bit more than a hundred cupcakes. I decided I was glad that there was so much to be done, and that I didn't really have time to daydream.

Because, for a moment there, I had almost wanted to kiss him.

A/n: reading lots of onc books? You might enjoy this story by guywortheyauthor

It's sort of like if Wednesday and Enid were lovers, but also dungeons and dragons characters, and the dungeon master keeps trying to kill them off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.2K 66
This story is complete βœ… Casey is a nerd, but the charming, cute type. He evades college parties like the plague. Who knew he would accidentally jump...
44.6K 2K 27
ROMANCE Two friends, Morton and Oliver, decide to go on a road trip in a VW campervan and end up discovering that there may be more to their friendsh...
1.2M 53K 80
This story is complete βœ… Alec is a twenty-five year old gentle boy with the looks of an angel. He has not figured out what he needs in love yet and h...