never not ✧ mark lee

By beigecozyboy

who knew meeting an idol at a fansign could completely change your life? ↬ nct idol au ↬ social media/text... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
bonus: apocalypse
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
intermission lol will delete l8r
67
68
69
70
100K ♡
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81

66

3.1K 119 216
By beigecozyboy

───── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─────

Focusing on the movie was incredibly difficult.

Dasom couldn't lie, Mark was driving her crazy and he didn't even seem to take notice of it.

It was the little things: the way he brushed his dark hair back, the way his hands felt when they held her waist, the way he got flustered whenever she said something flirty to him, the way he was so comfortable around her now that he just walked out of the bathroom after a shower only in shorts and nothing but a towel hanging around his neck, and finally, the way he kissed her better and better every time.

It all drove Dasom insane because Mark was so fucking hot and the fact that he didn't know that about himself made him all the more attractive in her eyes.

Once this week was over and Mark was no longer sleeping in her bed, it would feel empty, of course. But, at least Dasom was going to have a lot more freedom to take care of her own needs.

Do NOT fucking let your thoughts wander Desiree Han, she cursed herself on the inside, refocusing her eyes on the screen.

But it was no use. Even while watching the cute romantic montage on the screen, Dasom's imagination was running wild, only being able to see herself and the boy sitting next to her as the two characters on the screen.

It was Mark and her that were at the beach. It was Mark teaching her how to ride a motorcycle. It was Mark getting her ice cream from a cart. Hell, it was even Mark and her getting dowsed by the filthy water from a puddle as a truck drove by them. It was Mark with his hands around her waist as she drove them back home so they could change out of their wet, ruined clothes.

As the characters on screen turned back to normal in Dasom's eyes once they were in the bathroom, she realized she needed to get out of Mark's grasp. Ben might just be showing Andie how the shower works, but since she knew exactly what was going to come next, she knew she absolutely could not stand to be in her boyfriend's hold since her thoughts were already racing wildly.

Mark turned to look at Dasom when she slipped out of his grasp. Figuring he would be confused, she just pretended she needed to stretch, raising her arms and legs, stretching them out. So, Mark turned his attention back to the characters who were now having a heartwarming moment.

But again, he looked at Dasom, who was now sitting with an inch of space between them, and Mark quoted what the man on the screen had just said a second ago.

"Smile," he said, and Dasom looked over at him blankly. He wondered what was going on in her head. "Come on, give me a smile."

As the characters on the screen kissed, Dasom gave Mark the same stupid smile that Kate Hudson had given Matthew McConaughey. Except in Mark's eyes, Dasom was way cuter.

He leaned in and kissed her, and Dasom knew Mark had no idea how much it was making her melt in that very moment. They didn't stay locked for too long as she pulled away from him and placed a finger on cheek, turning his head back to face the TV.

He watched as the actors on screen kissed again and then just stared at each other before the actress raised her arms up. When the actor reached over and started to take her tank top off, Mark felt his face grow hot as he averted his eyes.

Except, his eyes then landed on his girlfriend who had done the same thing, waiting for him to see her with her arms above her head. It was like she was challenging him, especially with the slight smirk on her face, and that sent Mark into an internal frenzy.

One thing about Mark was that he never backed down from a challenge that he knew he had the ability for. But this was a challenge he'd never faced before.

"Only if you want to," Dasom whispered.

"Of course I want to," Mark replied, his voice shaking as much as his hands were while they found the edge of Dasom's loose t-shirt. "I just didn't know how."

"That's okay," she encouraged him, so he slowly pulled the top off her, his eyes squeezed tightly shut.

"Open your eyes Mark Lee."

The way his name sounded coming from Dasom was enough to make Mark want to listen to every single word she said to him without questioning it. She held a power over him that he didn't think anyone ever could. He let his eyes open and finally really see her in a way he never had before.

Marks breath hitched as his gaze traveled all over her before he met Dasom's eyes again. "God, you're so beautiful Desi."

Seeing the pink tint appear on Dasom's cheeks, Mark felt like she had somehow taken away all his remaining self-control. He grabbed her by the waist over her bare skin and kissed her like he never had before, and he felt like he was soaring as she returned the kiss with even more hunger and passion.

Surprisingly, Mark didn't resist as Dasom took her turn to lift his top over his head, not breaking contact until she actually had to, and then immediately pulling herself onto his lap before her lips met his again.

Somehow, Mark lost the uncertainty that had been at the back of his mind all this time. All he knew now was that he wanted Dasom, and he needed her to know just how much he did as his lips left hers and began exploring the rest of her face, moving down to her neck. He had no idea if he was doing anything right, but there wasn't a single thought in him other than knowing that he wanted to make her feel good.

As he was focused on a the space just below her left ear slightly against her jawline, Mark heard a soft oh fuck escape Dasom's mouth as her nails practically dug into his back.

When he felt her hands reach for his shorts, Mark pulled away from Dasom, breathless as he watched the red marks starting to form everywhere he had made contact with her skin.

"You've always done so much for me Mark," she breathed, raising herself slightly and tugging at his shorts. "Let me do this for you."

"No," Mark said, and Dasom raised her eyebrows at him.

"No?" she repeated, feeling like she misheard him.

"No," he confirmed, and the next thing she knew was that he had picked her up at placed her on the couch before getting on his knees on the floor.

"I have a feeling I might have kept you waiting too long this whole week," Mark said, and Dasom could only whimper in response as his hands slipped up her skirt along her thighs.

"You better let me return the favour once you're done," she choked out.

"You mean once you're done," he teased her.

Oh man.

Maybe Mark really did know exactly how to drive Dasom crazy.

* * *

"You owe me new makeup."

It was the next afternoon, and Dasom was in the bathroom getting ready to go out and meet Kou and Juhee before work. She was wearing a top with a high, round neckline, but she still had to use a lot of colour corrector and the last of her concealer to hide what Mark had done to her.

Mark had been standing behind her this whole time just watching with an amused smile on his face. Now, he wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder as she continued to work on her neck with the makeup sponge.

"Sorry babe," he said, dropping a nickname on her so naturally it made her heart skip a beat. "I'll straight up give you my card and you can go all out with makeup shopping."

"Wow, okay Mr. Pro-Debuter," Dasom laughed, dabbing his nose once with the sponge, leaving a mark of the light concealer on his very slightly tanner skin. "If you flex on me like that I might just go and buy myself some Dior makeup."

"Go for it," Mark told her. "That stuff is hella good quality."

Dasom frowned over the fact that Mark wasn't fazed in the slightest. "Okay, I'll also throw in a Rolex watch."

"I'm okay with that too," Mark shrugged. "I've got the Hot Sauce and Hello Future bag in my account right now."

"Goddamn," Dasom laughed. "In that case, I think I gotta stop at a car dealership and drive back here in a Bentley."

"That's where I would draw the line," Mark chuckled. "But you can't drive so I know you won't."

"I'll just give it to Jaehyun or something," Dasom joked, particularly to try to make Mark a little jealous.

"Whoa, maybe I'll come monitor you just in case then," he said.

Then, he leaned in and kissed her under her jawline—something he'd done a lot the previous day once he realized it was one of her sweet spots—unexpectedly biting her lightly on the bruise that was hidden from her view the mirror as she squealed from the sudden but welcome pain.

Once Mark let go and looked at Dasom's stunned reflection, he lifted her chin a little so she could now see it too.

"You missed a spot by the way," he informed her, and then he walked out of the bathroom towards the living room.

"I don't like how cocky yesterday has made you Marker!" she called after him, fanning her face as it grew hot.

"Don't lie, you love when I'm confident," he called back. "You brought it out, so deal with it!"

"Can't argue with that," Dasom sighed contentedly, biting her lip to keep herself from smiling too wide as she went back to her makeup, trying her best to cover up the most prominently purple bruise of them all.

Twenty minutes later, Dasom was out of the house after telling Mark she would see him later. He knew the reason she'd invited Kou and Juhee out was to bring them to see her DJ set too since they were also supposed to be there the previous week. In the franticness of the whole hospital situation, she'd forgotten to tell them she wouldn't be there, so she was going to make it up to them tonight even though they understood why she had gotten caught up.

With nothing better to do, Mark hopped onto KakaoTalk while lying on the couch.

* * *

marksom's problem children

jaemin
JISUNG PARK

jaemin
DO YOUR LAUNDRY FFS

jisung
i don't feel like it, my bed is too comfy

jaemin
your bin is FULL child

jisung
i've got enough clean underwear for the next four days so who cares

chenle
understandable

haru
be so fr rn

yubi
boys 😐

jaemin
god i can't handle this

jaemin
i'll just do it for you

jisung
😁😁😁

jeno
chenle

jeno
get on discord let's play league

chenle
can't sorry

chenle
i'm getting ready to go out with my parents for dinner

jeno
haechan?

haechan
i don't have my gaming laptop rn remember?? it's getting repaired

jeno
GODDAMN IT

jeno
YUBI PLEASE

yubi
i'm going out with my friends rn 😭

jeno
why is everyone busy wtf

haru
maybe because it's a friday night and most people are busy

haechan
what brilliant plans do you have haru?

haru
i'm literally getting ready to go to karaoke with my friends bitch

haechan
damn okay have fun

jeno
why does the universe hate me :/

jisung
maybe it wants you to do something other than play league???

jeno
nah screw that

jeno
renjunnnnnnnnnn

yubi
he doesn't game though

jeno
i know he doesn't

renjun
no lee jeno

renjun
i will not ask my girlfriend to play with you, leave us alone

jeno
i bet ningning would rather play than watch whatever metaphorical nonsense movie you're probably making her watch rn

renjun
shut up you wish

jeno
try it just try it

renjun
fine

chenle
oh i feel like this isn't going to end well for renjun

renjun
fuck you lee jeno

chenle
i knew it LMAO

jeno
HA

jeno
tell her i'll be on the discord server

renjun
she ran to get her laptop already

mark
ouch hahaha

haru
MARK LEE

haru
give us an update

mark
wdym

yubi
i think she's asking if you're still a virgin

haru
i mean i meant more in general but sure yeah that's actually more interesting

yubi
SPILL IT MARKKK

mark
...

haechan
oh MARK LEE YOU HAVE GOTTA BE KIDDING MEEEE

haechan
if i was living with a girl shit would be so different

desi
shut up hyuck let mark live

desi
he's got everything else down so it's okay ;)))))

haechan
wow okay good for you guys then

haru
WOOOO SLAY MARK

mark
CAN WE NOT TALK ABOUT THIS???

renjun
what are you two up to rn

desi
i'm meeting my friends before taking them with me to work

mark
jaehyun and i are going too

yubi
visiting wifey at work YEAHH

mark
exactly

jisung
cringeee

desi
stfu child

haechan
CAN I PLEASE COME TOO PLEASE

haechan
everyone has something to do except me i'm so bored

haru
what are the rest of the ilichils doing?

haechan
we're at practice rn but jungwoo and doyoung are going out with their gfs after, johnny yuta taeyong are also going to dinner together, and taeil said he's gonna go pass out

haechan
so can i pls tag along marksom

mark
maybe next time|

dasom
ofc hyuck, more the merrier

dasom
i'm playing a hella good set today too

mark
damn it, this was supposed to just be mine and jaehyun's thing, but i suppose there's no harm if hyuck comes|

haechan
yay thanks dasommm

haechan
i'm going through mark deprivation i've never gone this long without seeing him

mark
bro stopp

mark
okay tbh i've kinda missed you too

haechan
of course you have

haechan
what time do i show up? and where?

mark
just tell jaehyun we said you could come with him

haechan
cool see you guys

* * *

While Mark continued texting on the group chat, Dasom—who had just arrived outside Juhee and Kou's house—put her phone away.

"TELL ME EVERYTHING!" Juhee yelled as soon as the door opened.

All she knew was that Dasom was now officially dating Mark, telling her to save the explanation for when they next saw each other in person. It had been so tempting for her to just ask Kou about it, but Juhee had managed to maintain control for two days.

So, even before stepping into the apartment, Dasom began recounting everything that had happened between her and Mark to Juhee, and Kou eventually joined in, more than happy to hear it all again.

She ended her story with the events of the previous day, leaving Kou looking impressed and Juhee in shambles.

"SO YOU SUCKED HIM OFF AFTER HE ATE YOU OUT?!" she screeched, hitting a very red Dasom repeatedly with a couch cushion. "Was he any good?"

"Surprisingly, yes," Dasom grinned. "For someone who hasn't done that kinda stuff before... I was straight up wondering if he lied to me."

"I cannot breathe," Juhee reacted dramatically. "Good for you Dasom, I'm shaking for you."

"You might have to figure out how to breathe again ASAP," Dasom warned Juhee. "Because of tonight once we're at the bar."

"Why?" Juhee inquired.

"Oh god," Kou spoke up, having a guess. "Mark is coming to the bar as well, isn't he?"

"Not just him," Dasom nodded. "Jaehyun and Donghyuck too."

"Fuck?!" Juhee exclaimed. "I gotta rethink my whole outfit now."

Dasom and Kou watched as Juhee ran off to her room, presumably to do what she said. Kou just shook his head, cringing.

"Such a weirdo," he sighed. "Pray she doesn't embarrass herself."

"She was pretty chill about meeting them after the TXT concert and at my place," Dasom shrugged. "I don't know why she's freaking out now, but I don't blame her. I keep forgetting they're actually famous."

"Speaking of," Kou replied. "Is it not risky for them to be spotted at a bar?"

"I thought so as well," Dasom replied. "But apparently it doesn't really matter because they do go out to bars and restaurants and stuff. They're just usually a little more exclusive or pretty unpopular so people don't say anything."

"Yours is pretty popular though," Kou pointed out.

"When Jaehyun, Johnny, Nev, and Doyoung came it was so crowded that nobody even noticed them, especially in the dim lighting," Dasom explained. "Hopefully people mind their own business... but Mark did say they'll most likely leave if people don't do that."

"Can Juhee and I even stick around them in that case?" Kou wondered.

"Yeah, if anything you'll help throw people off even more," Dasom told him. "Please do stick to them."

After that, Kou went to get ready too, and Juhee eventually emerged in a really cute little black dress.

"Damn, are you trying to seduce my boyfriend?" Dasom joked.

"Nah, but I might try to seduce your ex," Juhee joked back, and Dasom punched her arm.

"He's not my ex," she complained, even though Jaehyun somewhat was. "But you look hot, I won't even be surprised if you manage to do it."

Dasom was completely fine throughout the time she was out for dinner with her friends, and on her way to the bar. But as soon as she left her friends at the counter so they could get drinks while she went to set up to take over from the current DJ, she was left alone with her thoughts and started to get a little nervous.

Although she knew it wasn't like she had to be perfect for Mark, the fact that he was someone she admired so much as an artist. In her mind, it wasn't her boyfriend Mark Lee, but rather musician Mark Lee who was going to be watching her set; watching her seriously do her job for the first time instead of just messing around in the privacy of her apartment. Not to mention, with how much he helped her with the setlist, she was seriously hoping that she wouldn't make any mistakes, especially since he wanted to hear her best set ever.

Luckily for her, Jaehyun, Donghyuck, and Mark had decided to come only at 11:30 pm so that they bar could get more packed first. That meant she had a solid hour and a half to get into the groove of playing and become comfortable again before they showed up.

Throughout the time she played, her eyes shifted between Kou and Juhee—who thankfully seemed to be having fun—in the crowd of dancers to the entrance, watching for when the three boys would show up. It was a good thing that there were others who had face masks on, which would further help them blend into the crowd, because Dasom was sure they would also keep their masks on.

When the time on her laptop said 11:42, she saw them. The three of them walked in dressed fairly casually (if they wore their typical party clothes that she'd seen them in, they'd draw far too much attention), all wearing masks as she expected. There was another man with them, and Dasom figured they'd brought either a manager or someone from security.

As long as it wasn't Mark's manager, she was fine with seeing anyone there. Even if Manager Hwang had been civil in the end, Dasom still rightfully decided that she had beef with him for how he'd spoken about treating Mark.

She watched from the corner of her eye as the four men went to the bar counter to order drinks, thinking about how she would have had a much easier time bartending over playing music at the time. No way her hands would be shaking this much in that situation.

It's just Mark, Jaehyun, and Donghyuck, she reminded herself. They're not here to criticize you.

Leaving behind the other man they had come with, Mark, Jaehyun, and Donghyuck all made their way to the back of the dance floor and waved at her. She pointedly smiled at them, not wanting to specifically wave back at them just to be careful.

To her relief, they all got into her beats pretty easily, dancing in place with their drinks in their hands. Jaehyun and Donghyuck kept talking to each other, but Mark's eyes did not leave Dasom.

She tried her best not to stare just in one direction at him, but it was hard when he kept shooting her random heart gestures and thumbs ups for encouragement.

Eventually, Kou and Juhee left the dance floor to get another round of drinks, and it was Donghyuck who spotted them. So, all five of them went to take a shot together, though Mark wished Dasom could have somehow been there by being in two places at once.

Too bad she's busy being DJ Desi right now, Mark thought to himself. She's killing it though! Everyone looks like they're having such a blast.

They returned to the dance floor, with Kou and Juhee now wearing masks that Dasom had armed them with before they left their apartment (so they didn't stand out while being with three k-pop idols).

Again, while Kou and Jaehyun were getting to know each other better and Donghyuck was comfortably chatting with Juhee most of the time since this was the third time they'd met, Mark had all his attention on Dasom. He was surprised when the last forty or so minutes of her set consisted mainly of random hiphop songs that he had suggested she include.

She had switched up the order, and he realized she'd done so in order to be able to play all his favourite songs only after he was actually there.

"This one's for all my Beliebers out there!" Dasom shouted in English—while a man climbed onto the DJ stand to take over after the song ended—knowing only a few people would understand. Obviously, she mainly meant for Mark to hear that as she transitioned the song in Peaches.

I love her, Mark thought, feeling warm inside and knowing that wasn't just because of the alcohol. If he wasn't wearing a mask, everyone would have been able to see how the smile never left his face, not even after Dasom had left once her set ended.

"Kou," Mark said, tapping on Dasom's best friend's shoulder to get his attention. "I have a question."

"What's up man?" Kou asked as Mark pulled him aside.

"Tell me stuff I can say to Dasom... uh, in French," Mark requested, feeling shy about it. "You know, just because I feel like she might find it cute or whatever."

Kou just started laughing at the bizarre request, but he could clearly see why Dasom found Mark so endearing.

"If you wanna compliment her on the set," Kou answered. "Just say she was amazing. T'etais incroyable."

Mark made Kou repeat himself a few times, telling him to go slower.

"Teh-tay an-cro-ya-bluh," Mark finally repeated, enunciating each syllable and trying his best.

"Good enough," Kou chuckled. "Throw in a ma cherie in there right after and she might die."

"Ma sherry, got it," Mark nodded. "Man, that's way better than the French compliment she texted me once."

"What was it?" Kou inquired out of curiosity. From his knowledge, Dasom used to be a fairly decent flirt back when they were in high school, so there was no way a simple 'you were incredible my dear' was better than anything she said.

"Uh, I don't wanna try pronouncing it," Mark replied. "But she said I'm like a cannon or some shit? And translated it as explosively powerful?"

Now that made Kou nearly double over laughing as Mark just stared at him, puzzled.

"Oh wow," Kou exclaimed, placing a hand on Mark's shoulder as he caught his breath. "By any chance, did she write t'es canon? Like, C-A-N-O-N?"

"I think so," Mark confirmed.

"Was this before you started dating?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Mark, my guy," Kou patted the confused one's shoulder. "That's something you'd usually say to a girl so maybe Som's mind just blanked... but it has nothing to do with an actual cannon. She basically said you're pretty fucking hot."

Mark just blinked stupidly, wanting to smack himself in the head. He should've just translated it himself as soon as she sent that message to him. She really had dropped so many hints that had completely gone over his head.

"My guess is maybe she said it hoping you'd look it up anyway and use it on her someday," Kou guessed. "So there you go."

"Uh... um, thanks man," Mark stumbled over his words. "I'm hella dumb."

"Nah, Dasom is just a menace," Kou said, patting Mark's shoulder again. "You're— oh wait, she's coming out of the staff room."

Mark looked over at the bar counter, where Dasom was just shutting the door as she talked to someone who he assumed was her manager.

"Jaehyun!" Mark called, getting his friend's attention. "Desi's out, let's go."

"Oh shit, okay," Jaehyun said, leaving his place with Donghyuck and Juhee. "Guys, we'll be right back with Desi."

"What are they up to?" Juhee asked Donghyuck, who had a knowing smile on his face.

"Mark and Jaehyun have a surprise for her," Donghyuck replied, and then he swung an arm around both Juhee and Kou, who were still very confused and curious. "You'll see later. Let's just dance for now, this might take a while."

Meanwhile, Jaehyun and Mark were waiting at the counter for Dasom to finish her conversation with her manager and notice them. Once her manager went back inside the staff room, she turned around to come face to face with the two men and nearly jumped out of her socks.

"Jesus Christ! You guys scared me," she exhaled, putting a hand to her chest. "Did you guys have fun?"

She was particularly looking at Mark for an answer, but all he did was nod like something else was on his mind.

"We did, but you need to come with us right now," Jaehyun said.

"What?" Dasom asked, walking around the side of the bar counter.

With that, Mark and Jaehyun led her outside, and the same man she had seen them first come inside with approached them.

"Mr. Kang, this is Han Dasom, or Desi as you already know," Mark introduced them while Mr. Kang stuck out his hand for Dasom to shake. "Desi, this is Kang Junsang."

"Nice to meet you Mr. Kang," Dasom said warily as she shook this man's hand. Who was he and why were Mark and Jaehyun introducing them to each other?

"Nice to meet you too Desi," he replied, and Dasom tried her best not to frown as this stranger used her nickname, completely forgetting it was the name she used as a DJ too. "I'm from the A&R department at SM Entertainment. Mark and Jaehyun told me they found someone who could work on music with NCT 127, so they brought me here tonight to scope out your potential. After that set, I think I see something there."

Dasom listened to all of this with her jaw hitting the floor as her head turned back and forth between Mr. Kang's face that showed no signs of this being a prank and Jaehyun and Mark's satisfied grins next to her.

Jaehyun and Mark did this for ME? she thought, her heart rate skyrocketing. Is this why they wanted me to have my best set yet?

Sensing that Dasom was tongue-tied, Mr. Kang continued talking.

"We were thinking of having an EDM track on the new album," he informed her.

There's no way, there's just no fucking way. Internally, Dasom was positively freaking out.

"How would you like to help produce a song for NCT 127?"

───── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─────

idk if you could tell but i had way too much fun writing this whole chapter :D

sorry i missed all my updates this week lmao but abditory (haechan ff) is also updated now!! i also had to watch queen riri slay the halftime show before i could update god i love rihanna so much

anywayz leave a vote and i'll try not to forget saturday next week oops

───── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 184K 120
☾ Idol au ☾ Social media/text au ☾ "Yo what, how did you know that?" "Mark...I'm literally your fan." Book 1 in the Dreaming series Book cover: @...
599K 21.9K 45
"o shit ur not johnny" "wow way to state the obvious" ⇔ j.j.h. of nct ⇔ started 5/27/17 finished 7/01/19 RANKINGS 08/18/18 #21 in messenger 11/18/18...
72.1K 1.5K 42
✧ getting dragged by an idol into the men's restroom isn't the most ideal way to meet someone famous, yet that's how it happened. ...
96.5K 4.3K 30
❝was the fame worth our friendship?❞ ꒰ when a childhood love story finally gets to blossom as donghyuck comes home from seoul. he knows his feelings...