Hold My Hand

By aonungswifeyy

Neteyam is the son of Jake and Neytiri. Rayena is the daughter of Pantoran and the brother of Rotxo. Rayena... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Monologue
The End

Chapter 5

4.1K 96 47
By aonungswifeyy

It's the next day.

Rayena and Tsireya are out for a swim, when they see Lo'ak walking on his own. He seems upset, as he has his head down, in his own world.

"Tsireya you should talk to him. He's upset because of yesterday" Rayena says.
"But Neteyam" Tsireya looks to her friend. 
"This is not about Neteyam. Lo'ak likes you. He was worried that you were worried about him yesterday when I found you. He is very fond of you Tsireya. And I'm sure Neteyam can see that too, so he won't say anything" Rayena assures her.

Tsireya hesitates but looks up again. And it hurt her to see Lo'ak like that on his own. So she goes to him, and Rayena stays behind.

"Rayena" someone then calls out.
She turns around and sees Neteyam standing behind her.
"Oh Neteyam. I'm sorry, do you want to sit here?" She asks and stands up.
"You can sit down too" he says to her and sits down. So she sits next to him.

"How are you? And Lo'ak?" Rayena asks.
"I am fine. Lo'ak? Not so much" Neteyam replies.
Rayena nods, "your father is quite harsh on him."
"I know. Sometimes it makes me feel helpless, because he will not listen to me anyways" Neteyam replies.

"As long as he has his brother, I don't think Lo'ak has anything to worry about. You are a good brother to him" Rayena replies.
"I felt like I failed yesterday. After everything my father said, and I took my anger out on you guys. I'm sorry" Neteyam says.

She shakes her head no, "it's okay, I understand. You don't have to be sorry."
Rayena then looks to Lo'ak, who is sitting down next to Tsireya, talking.

"He is so young. To be told that he brings shame to the family. I understand why he is hurt. And why you are hurt too. I mean your father, he wants to look out for you,  but whilst doing that I think hurtful words just slip out" Rayena says.
"Quite a lot" Neteyam replies.
"Hopefully it will get better" Rayena replies. 

There a moment of silence between the two.
But Rayena remembered something Neteyam said to her last night.

"By the way, Aonung is not my boyfriend. We are just friends. He does try to make it into something more, but he is more of a brother to me. Tonowari calls me daughter. I think that says more than enough" Rayena says and laughs.

Neteyam smiles, "well, he does seem to be really fond of you."
"You know who I think is really fond of who? I think Lo'ak is very fond of Tsireya" Raneya says to him.

Neteyam looks forward, as he sees Tsireya and Lo'ak talking to each other. 
"Well he does talk about Tsireya a lot" Neteyam confesses.
"What does he say?" Rayena asks.

"Well I can't tell you. That's a conversation between us boys" Neteyam replies.
"I won't tell her" she replies.
Neteyam shakes his head no, "a secret must be kept a secret. Always."

"Very well. You are loyal to you brother. I respect that" Rayena replies.

"I am very proud of Lo'ak. Seeing him bond with a Tulkun. Not the best Tulkun to bond with because people will talk, but it is something" Rayena says.
"He bonded with a Tulkun?" Neteyam asked.

Rayena nods her head, "when i found him yesterday at the reef. He was with a tulkun. His name is Payakan. When I saw them together, it was like they were best friends. Like they've known each other for so long. So I am proud of him for adapting and learning our ways."

Rayena turns around as she hears some rustling but there's nothing there. Just a bush nearby being blown by the wind.
She turns back around and sees that Neteyam has left.
"Well. A goodbye would have been nice" Rayena says to herself.
-
Rayena joins the others as they are sat around at the beach, discussing about what Lo'ak had saw at the reef.

"Payakan he is an outcast. He is known as a killer tulkun" Tsireya says and looks to Lo'ak, worried.
"He's not. You don't understand, he saved my life" Lo'ak replies.

Just as they're talking, Lo'ak sees Jake, Tonowari and Ronal walking towards them.
He quickly stands up.
Lo'ak's sudden action makes everyone turn around.

"Rayena. Daughter" Tonowari says.
She immediately stands up.
Lo'ak walks forward, standing next to her.
Both confused as to what is going on.

"You allowed this?" Ronal asks Rayena.
"Allowed what?" Rayena was confused as to what was going on.
"You allowed him to bond with the outcast!" Ronal shouts at her.

"Rayena. You disappoint me daughter" this is the first time Tonowari has ever been unhappy with her.

"Sir I can explain" Rayena says to Tonowari.

She usually calls him father, but addresses him as sir in serious situations as such.

"I'm sorry, but you are wrong" Lo'ak says to Tonowari, "Payakan is not a killer. He saved me."
"Lo'ak" Tsireya calls out to him. 
He turns around and she shakes her head no, telling him not to speak and to listen.

Lo'ak turns back around, facing Tonowari.

"Sit down" he says to Rayena and Lo'ak.
They both squat down, Tonowari squats down to and Jake.

Tonowari then looks to Lo'ak, "here my words boy. In the day of the first songs, the tulkuns fought amongst themselves. For territory and for revenge. But they came to believe, that killing, no matter how justified, would only bring more killings. So, killing was forbidden. This is the tulkun way. Now Payakan, he is a killer, and so he is outcast."

"I'm sorry sir. But you are wrong" Lo'ak says.
"That's enough!" Jake shouts at him.
Rayena stills looks down, as she feels Tonowari and Jake's gaze on her.

"Rayena. You know better than this. You should have taught him what Payakan is like" Ronal says to her.
"I saw what I saw" Lo'ak says to Tonowari.

Jake then grabs onto Lo'ak's arm, "I'll deal with this one."
He drags Lo'ak away. 
Rayena turns around to look at Neteyam. And he's looking down.
-
Jake pushed Lo'ak into the pod, "Tonowari is Omo'eleyktan. That is not how you speak to him. What were you thinking?" Jake asks.

"I'm sorry sir. But they are wrong about him. About Payakan. I was there with him. If he was a killer, why am I not dead?" Lo'ak says to Jake.
"I don't want to hear it. Your grounded for a month, no riding" Jake replies.

"But father" Lo'ak tries to get Jake's attention.
"You've dissapointed us. Time and time again. I don't want to hear it" Jake says and walks out the pod.

Rayena is stood outside, on the opposite side, so she heard everything.
She walks to Jake.

"Sir" she says to him.
Jake turns around and sees Rayena.
"I am sorry, that my son got you into trouble" Jake says.
She shakes her head no, "did you even give Lo'ak a chance? To hear him out?"

Neteyam and Neytiri walk to Jake and Rayena.
"What's going on?" Neytiri asks.
"What did you say to me?" Jake moves himself, so he is facing Rayena properly.

"You have a son. Lo'ak. Who sincerely believes that you don't like him" Rayena says.
"Rayena what are you doing" Neteyam whispers to her, trying to move her away.
But she doesn't budge.

"I mean, he was trying to communicate with you just now. He wanted to tell you something, make you see what he saw. He's speaking. But why aren't you listening to him?" Rayena asks.

Jake is taken back, as he stands there.

"Why is he not the most important thing to you? Just one time at least" Rayena says.
"How would you know how I am with my sons and what is important to me" Jake walks to Rayena and looks down at her in the eye.

Neteyam is stood sort of in between, sort of on the edge, trying to get Rayena and Jake to stay away from each other.

"You are right. I do not know how you felt about him and how you treated him before you came here. But what I do know is that you've called him a disappointment. Twice. Lo'ak is a child" Rayena says.

"Do not teach me how to parent young lady" Jake says and points his finger at her.
"I don't want to. I'm not trying to. I just want you to listen to him. Instead of pushing him away. Because I know what that feels like. And to me, Lo'ak is a good friend. He is trying his best. You should see it but you just choose not to" Rayena says.

She walks away from them.
Neytiri walks to Jake, "she is not wrong. You are hard on him. Too hard on him. He is a kid, just trying to find his way. You should be proud of him for being able to fit in and make friends with the other people."

Neteyam turns around to look at Rayena.
She looks back at him.
They both smile at each other.

"Thankyou" Neteyam mouths to her.
She nods and looks the other way, walking off.
-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 101 21
na'teya, daughter of respected family in the kekunan clan, fled with her older brother ty'wren after her parents' deaths in war. ⛤ started - 03/06/23...
6.7K 77 14
Adopted by Tonowari and Ronal, Siobhan has always been expected to be the perfect daughter by her adopted parents since she's a human girl. But Siobh...
51.7K 1.2K 30
She saw his gaze falter from her eyes for just a second and fall on her lips. She bit her bottom lip, as she felt her cheeks heat up. Was he going to...
48.6K 1K 18
Y/n sully, eldest daughter of neytiri and jake sully, what happens when she has to flee her home to join another clan, but meets a boy who tends to i...