someone to stay, supernatural...

By maybankwalker

[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] SPN Crossover Series: Someone to Stay Something in the Orange I DO NOT own Su... More

CAST, ACT ONE
001. the winchesters
002. jericho
003. never go home
004. changed lives
005. terrible driver
006. wendigo
007. kids are strong
008. drowning
009. final destination thing
010. bloody mary
011. shapeshifter
012. hook man
013. bugs
014. psychics and poltergeists
015. telling secrets
016. scarecrows and hitchhiking
017. dying dean
018. dean's old girlfriend
019. special children
020. people are crazy
021. human monster
022. tulpa
023. like father, like daughter
024. no boys
025. vampires
026. "they're both mine!"
027. car crash
CAST, ACT TWO
028. really long nap
029. the roadhouse
030. "i will never hate you."
031. gordon walker
032. what's dead should stay dead
033. andy and ansem
034. h. h. holmes ghost
035. death omen
036. crossroads
037. croatoan
038. new power
039. possession
040. scooby doo-like case
041. bank robbery
042. angels
043. 2018
044. return of meg
045. trickster
046. sisters
047. road kill
048. werewolf love
049. movie set
050. dream life
051. demon blood
052. gates of hell
CAST, ACT THREE
053. groups of seven
054. changelings
055. rabbit's foot
056. look out
057. fairy tales
058. ghost ship
059. vamp gordon
060. christmas
061. dream root
062. mystery spot
063. jus in bello
064. ghostfacers
065. dean and natalie
066. worst summer ever
CAST, ACT FOUR
067. september eighteenth
068. angel of the lord
069. 1973
070. angry aunt
071. rougarou
072. horror movie monsters
073. yellow fever
074. halloween
075. wishing well
076. anna and alastair
077. demons vs. angels
078. living in the walls
079. magic act
080. dead siblings
081. torture
082. amateurs
083. books
084. half-brother
085. secret's out
086. hallucinations
087. all hell breaks loose
CAST, ACT FIVE
88. beginning of the end
089. parting ways
090. different lives
091. role models
092. pranks
093. grumpy old men
094. play your part
095. convention
097. body swap
098. 1978
099. heaven
100. whore of babylon
101. saying yes
102. motel hell
103. sam's old friend
104. sam's plan
105. big showdown
BOOK TWO

096. surprises

311 21 8
By maybankwalker

Natalie and Jo walk up to the mansion's gate, both wearing evening dresses. Jo has heels on and Natalie is wearing knee high boots. Jo presses the button on the intercom.

"Hello?" The man on the other side of it asks.

"Hello. My car broke down. I-- I need some help." Jo says.

"I'll be down in a minute." The guy says. They wait and soon the gate opens, two men approaching.

"Evening, pretty ladies. Get yourselves on in here." One of the guy says.

"We just need to make a call." Jo says, Natalie nodding in agreement.

"You don't need to call anyone, baby." The guy tells them. "We're the only help you two are ever gonna need."

"I'm sure." Natalie smiles.

"You know what? I think we should wait by our car." Jo says, Natalie nodding. They turn to leave, but one man grabs Jo's shoulder, the other grabbing Natalie's.

"We said, get your asses in here." The first guy says.

Jo gets him off of her, sending him to the ground. Natalie rips Ruby's knife out of her boot and stabs the guy holding her in the neck. She quickly stabs the second guy as Sam and Dean rush up.

"Nice work." Dean compliments.

"Thanks." The two women chorus.

Dean hands Jo a bag and she pulls out wire cutters.

"Okay. Shall we?" Jo asks.

~ ~ ~

"It's Crowley, right?" Sam asks.

"So. The Hardy Boys and their girl finally found me." Crowley says. "Took you long enough."

Sam and Dean both have shotguns while Natalie still has Ruby's knife.

Crowley walks closer, but stops when he notices the rug messed up. He flips the rug over, finding the devil's trap they drew on the bottom.

"Do you have any idea how much this rug cost?" Crowley asks.

"Do you have any idea how much we don't care?" Natalie retorts.

Three men each grab a Winchester, quickly disarming them, pinning their arms.

"Hey, hey, hey! No need to manhandle me, asshat." Natalie growls, only making him tighten his grip on her arms.

"This is it, right?" Crowley holds the colt up. "This is what it's all about." He aims the gun at Dean. He quickly shoots all three of the men. "We need to talk. Privately." He leads them into a room which Natalie assumes is an office.

"What the hell is this?" Dean asks.

"Do you know how deep I could have buried this thing?" Crowley asks. He waves a hand and the door slams shut. "There's no reason you or anyone should know this even exists, except that I told you."

"You told us?" Sam asks.

"Rumors, innuendo, sent out on the grapevine." Crowley says.

"Why? Why tell us anything?" Sam asks. Crowley aims the gun at Dean again.

"I want you to take this thing to Lucifer and empty it into his face." Crowley says.

"Uh-huh, okay, and why exactly would you want the devil dead?" Dean asks.

"It's called survival." Crowley says, putting the gun down. "Well, I forgot you three at best are functioning morons--"

"You're functioning... morons..." Dean weakly retorts.

"Don't, honey. No." Natalie shakes her head.

"Stop sounding so condescending." Dean whispers.

"Get better comebacks." She whispers back.

"Lucifer isn't a demon, remember? He's an angel. An angel famous for his hatred of humankind. To him, you're just filthy bags of pus. If that's the way he feels about you, what can he think about us?"

"But he created you." Sam says.

"To him, we're just servants. Cannon fodder. If Lucifer manages to exterminate humankind, we're next. So, help me, huh? Let's all go back to simpler, better times, back to when we could all follow our natures. I'm in sales, damn it! So what do you say if I give you this thing, and you go kill the devil?"

He holds the colt out to them, the handle pointed in their direction. The three siblings glance between each other. Crowley wiggles the gun and Sam hesitantly reaches out for it. He takes it.

"Great." Sam says.

"Great." Crowley says.

"You wouldn't happen to know where the devil is, by chance, would you?" Sam asks.

"Thursday, birdies tell me, there's an appointment in Carthage, Missouri." Crowley says.

"Great." Sam says. He puts the barrel between Crowley's eyes, pulling the trigger. It clicks.

"Oh, yeah, right, you'll probably need some more ammunition." Crowley says.

Crowley opens a desk drawer.

"Oh, uh, excuse me for asking, but aren't you kind of signing your own death warrant?" Dean asks. "I mean, what happens to you if we go up against the devil and lose?"

"Number one, he's going to wipe us all out anyway. Two, after you leave here, I go on an extended vacation to all points nowhere. And three, how about you don't miss, okay?! Morons!" Crowley screams. He throws a small bag at Dean who opens it to find bullets for the colt.

They look back at Crowley, but find him gone.

+++

The Winchesters, Harvelles, Larissa, and Cas are all at Bobby's place. Jacob, Jo, Larissa, Ellen, and Cas are sitting at the kitchen table. Sam, Natalie, and Dean are in the living room and Bobby is off somewhere else in the house. Libby and Ophelia are on the cot and coloring.

Ellen downs five shots, flipping them all upside down.

"All right, big boy." Ellen says.

Cas downs all five of his shots with zero issues.

"I think I'm starting to feel something." Cas says.

Jo, Jacob, and Larissa share looks, all having small grins on their faces.

"It's gotta be a trap, right?" Sam asks.

"Sam Winchester, having trust issues with a demon. Well, better late than never." Dean comments.

"Dean." Natalie gives him a warning look.

"Thank you again for your continued support." Sam retorts.

"You're welcome." Dean says. "See? He's fine."

"You know what sarcasm is, right?" Natalie asks.

"Natty, it... I'm okay." Sam tells her.

"You know, trap or no trap, we got a snowball's chance, we gotta take it, right?" Dean says.

"Yeah, I suppose." Sam says.

"Even if we die trying." Natalie mutters.

"Besides, I'm not sure it is a trap. Check it out. I mean, Carthage is lit up like a Christmas tree with Revelation omens. And look at this." Dean pushes some papers towards the twins. "There's been six missing persons reported in town since Sunday. I think the devil's there."

"Okay." Sam says.

"Look, when you think about it... you two can't come with." Dean says.

"Dean." The twins say, rolling their eyes.

"Look, I got against Satan and screw the pooch, okay? We've lost a game piece. That we can take. But if you're there, then we are handing the devil's vessel and backup vessel right over to him. That's not smart." Dean says.

"Since when have we ever done anything smart?" Sam asks.

"I'm serious, guys." Dean says.

"So am I. Haven't we learned a damn thing? If we're gonna do this, we're gonna do it together." Sam says.

"Yeah, besides he needs our permission, anyway. And we're obviously not gonna say yes." Natalie says.

They look at each other for a bit.

"Okay. But it's a stupid fucking idea." Dean says. He looks past them and at Jo and Larissa who are in the kitchen. The twins look back, seeing what Dean's looking at.

"Boy, talk about stupid ideas." Sam comments.

"Good God. True that." Dean says. "You know, maybe you should, uh... maybe you should jump on that, Sammy. Possible last night and all."

"I don't like Jo." Sam says.

"Dude, you know who he's talking about." Natalie rolls her eyes.

"I don't like her like that." Sam insists.

"Dude, you let her call you "Sammy."" Dean says as Bobby rolls into the room.

"So? It's just a stupid name." Sam scoffs.

"All right, then, Samm--" 

"Don't." Sam warns the older man. The other three smirk as Sam closes his eyes. "I-- okay, fine. I let her call me Sammy. Whatever. Doesn't mean anything."

"Sam." Natalie leans closer to him. "It's possibly our last night on earth. You might wanna man the fuck up before you die full of regret." She pats him on top of the head and gets up, going to the kitchen.

"So... you wanna admit your feelings for Sam tonight?" Jo asks Larissa.

"What feelings?" She asks.

"Oh, come on. Look, I know we're blonde, but we ain't that stupid." Jacob says.

"You guys aren't stupid. You're just delusional." Larissa says.

"We are not delusional. Come on, Lari, he's a good guy." Jacob says.

"Yes, he is. But I don't like him." Larissa insists.

"You know, he's not Jimmy." Jo says.

"I know he's not Jimmy." Larissa frowns, looking down.

"Who's not Jimmy?" They turn to see Natalie.

"Uh... Sam. Sam isn't Jimmy." Jacob says.

"Okay. Who's Jimmy?" Natalie asks.

"Uh..." Larissa glances between the two siblings.

"None of my business. Of course. Got it. Sorry." Natalie says, recognizing the discomfort. "Um... can I borrow him?"

"Yes. And please, never return him." Jo teases.

Jacob sarcastically laughs as Natalie drags him away. They step into the hall outside of the kitchen.

"Are you sure we do this? I mean, this is a colossally stupid idea." Jacob says, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Wow. You have so much faith in us." Natalie remarks as she wraps her arms around his neck.

"Natty, I just... this could very well go south." Jacob says.

"Hey. We will be fine." Natalie assures.

"And you're gonna control that how?" Jacob asks.

"By having some sliver of hope left." Natalie says.

"And if we're not all okay...?" Jacob asks.

"Then you can say "I told you so."" Natalie says.

"Sounds fair." Jacob nods and Natalie chuckles. Jacob leans down a little, connecting his lips with hers.

"Everybody get in here!" Bobby calls from the living room making the two break apart. "It's time for the lineup. Usual suspects in the corner."

"Oh, come on, Bobby. Nobody wants their picture taken." Ellen says as they all gather in the living room.

"Hear, hear." Sam agrees, picking Libby up.

"Shut up. You're drinking my beer." Bobby says.

"Man makes a fair point." Jacob comments.

"Anyway, I'm gonna need something to remember your sorry asses by." Bobby says. They all gather around for the picture.

"Ha! Always good to have an optimist around." Ellen remarks sarcastically.

"Bobby's right. Tomorrow we hunt the devil. This is our last night on earth." Cas declares.

By time the camera clicks, none of them are smiling.

~ ~ ~

It's a little later and Larissa is outside and leaning against the hood of one of the many cars.

"Hey." She looks up at Sam's voice and he walks over.

"Hi." She smiles a little.

"Mind some company?" He asks.

"Knock yourself out." Larissa says and he leans next to her.

"How you holding up?" Sam asks, looking down at her.

"Uh... as good as can be expected, I guess." Larissa says, weakly smiling.

"Yeah." Sam nods. "You know, uh... this-- this could be our last night on earth. You know, a-alive, at least. I-I suppose we could become vengeful spirits if we do die, and-- and then that would be whole other situation and--"

"Sammy." Larissa cuts him off. "Is there a point in this somewhere?"

"Well, it just-- I-I was just, um... maybe we could talk or... or something." Sam says.

"About what?" Larissa asks.

"I don't... anything." Sam shrugs.

"Any specific thing, or...?" Larissa asks.

"I don't know." Sam shrugs.

"Insightful." Larissa quips. "Well, um... about anything, uh... I never got the whole hype about Lucky Charms. I mean, they're not that good, you know? They're just-- they're just not magically delicious. It's false advertising, you know? Huge letdown."

"Also why isn't the Frosted Flakes tiger real? Huh? That's a pet I would want. I would hate to have the Froot Loops bird as a pet. Really any bird as a pet would suck. They would definitely get on my nerves within the first, like, five minutes. And--"

"Okay, can we-- how about we don't talk about cereal?" Sam asks.

"Okay. Um... movies? Books? Space? Ooh, you know, one time, I--"

Larissa's cut off when she feels lips on hers, the girl standing in shock for a moment before kissing back. Her hand finds its way up to Sam's neck, tugging at the bottom of his hair. Sam's hands cup her face, his large hands reaching the back of her neck.

They pull away after a few moments, but don't move far back, their breath mingling.

"That, um... that's not talking." Larissa says, breathing slightly heavier than usual.

"No. No, I guess it isn't." Sam mumbles. "Is-- was-- was that okay? Shit. I'm sorry." He pulls away. "if that made you uncomfortable, I--" He's cut off when Larissa pulls him down and kisses him again.

They two heavily make out, Larissa leaning back against the car. Sam hoists her up so she's sitting on the hood of the car and they continue to kiss.

Sam's hands eventually find her waist and he slips them under her shirt. Moving his hands up, Larissa tenses up when she feels his hands come in contact with the bottom of her bra.

Larissa quickly slaps at Sam's hands.

"Ow!" He pulls away.

"Shit!" She winces. Sam shakes his hands out. "I-- I'm so sorry. I didn't-- I didn't mean to do that." She says.

"No. No, that-- it's okay." Sam says, giving her a confused but slightly concerned look. "Is there... is there a reason you did that, or...?"

"Just... just panicked, I guess." Larissa shrugs.

"Why?" Sam asks.

"I, um... I don't know." Larissa says.

"Yes, you do." Sam says.

"I-- okay, I... I had a... very shitty college boyfriend. Named, um... named Jimmy." Larissa says.

"Okay, uh... how shitty, exactly?" Sam asks.

"Um... he, uh... he forced me to do stuff. Treated me more like a fuck toy than a person." Larissa gives him a pained smile.

"Oh." Sam mumbles, his shoulders deflating and his heart sinking. "Lissy, I-- I'm sorry. If-- if I had known, I never would've--"

"No. No, Sammy, you-- you're good. It's okay. It's-- kissing is... is usually completely fine. And that was completely fine. It's just... when hands go where hands don't usually go that... that I get, um... sexually anorexic."

"I am so sorry that you had to go through that." Sam tells her.

"Thanks. Me, too." She quietly says, weakly smiling.

"Do you-- you don't wanna talk about it?"

"No. No, not-- not really."

"Okay. Well, um..."

"You know, um... I think I'm gonna get some more... quality time with Jo. And, uh... I can think of a certain little girl who needs to be with you until she falls asleep." Larissa says.

"Right. Right, yeah." Sam nods. "I don't-- I'm sorry. I--"

"It's not your fault, Sam. You did nothing. Like I said, kissing is fine. And you didn't know. I knew, I should've stopped you, I just... it's okay. I'm not mad or anything." Larissa says.

"Okay." Sam mumbles.

Larissa gets up and she leans up, softly kissing him on the cheek. She softly smiles at him before going inside.

+++

The Winchesters, Larissa, and Jacob are in the Impala as they drive through Cathrage.

"You getting a signal?" Sam asks.

"No, nothing." Dean answers.

"Zilch." Jacob says.

"Nope." Larissa answers.

"Same." Natalie sighs.

"Nice and spooky." Dean comments. He waves Ellen's car around and she pulls up next to him.

"Place seem a little empty to you?" Ellen asks.

"We're gonna go check out the PD. You guys stay here, see if you can find anybody." Dean says.

"Okay." Ellen nods and Dean drives off.

~ ~ ~

"Station's empty." Dean states.

"So's everything else." Jo says.

"Have you seen Cas?" Ellen asks.

"What? He was with you." Sam says.

"Nope. He went after the reapers." Ellen says.

"Reapers?" Dean asks.

"He saw reapers? Where?" Sam asks.

"Well, kind of everywhere." Jo informs.

"Oh. Yeah, no, that's totally comforting." Jacob mutters.

~ ~ ~

"Well, this is great. Been in town 20 minutes and already lost the angel up our sleeve." Dean says as the six walk around.

"You think, uh, you think Lucifer got him?" Sam asks.

"I don't know what else to think." Dean says.

"There you are." They turn and find Meg.

"Meg." Sam says.

"Shouldn't have come here, boys." Meg says.

"Hell, I could say the same thing for you." Dean says. He aims the colt at her.

"Didn't come here alone, Dean." Meg says. Water from a puddle splashes by Meg, the group able to hear growling.

"Hellhounds." Dean says.

"Yeah, Dean. Your favorite. Come on, boys, Natty. My father wants to see you." Meg says.

"I think we'll pass, thanks." Sam says.

"Your call. You can make this easy or you can make it really, really hard." Meg says.

Dean looks back at Ellen and she nods.

"When have you known us to ever make anything easy?" Dean asks. He shoots the gun, shooting a hellhound.

"Run!" Sam shouts and they take off. Jacob grabs Natalie's hand, making sure she's able to keep up.

They continue to run, a hellhound attacking Dean.

"Dean!" Jo shouts.

"Jo, stay back!" Dean yells.

Jo fires her gun and gets closer as she continues to shoot, getting hellhounds.

Natalie, slightly distracted by Dean possibly dying, screams when she gets knocked to the ground.

"Natty!" Jacob and Sam both yell, Sam and Ellen back by the entrance to one of the stores. Natalie struggles against the hellhound and it scratches her arm making her yell out in pain.

Jacob shoots the hellhound on top of Natalie and shoots one he hears coming closer. Natalie manages to get to her knees as a hellhound knocks Jacob to the ground, clawing into his arm.

Jo gets knocked to the ground and a hellhound digs into her side.

"No!" Ellen screams as her children scream in pain.

Natalie shoots the hellhound off of Jacob and quickly helps him up.

Sam, Larissa, and Ellen shoot at where the hellhounds sound like they are. Dean grabs Jo and runs past them. Natalie helps Jacob run after Dean. Sam, Larissa, and Ellen get in the store last and shut the doors.

Dean sets Jo on the floor, her back resting against the counter. Ellen rushes over to her daughter and Natalie rushes over to Sam who shuts and locks the doors. The twins chain and guard the doors so the hellhounds can't get in.

"Okay, okay, okay, okay, breathe now." Ellen tells her daughter, kneeling next to her. Jacob rushes over, sitting on Jo's other side. "Boys, girls, need some help here!" She calls.

Ellen gently pulls Jo's hand away from her wound, blood pouring out.

~ ~ ~

"Gonna be all right." Ellen assures Jo. They bandaged her side up and Ellen and Jacob are still on the floor with her. Larissa is sitting next to Jacob, ready to help with whatever she needs to.

Sam comes over, giving a bowl to Ellen.

"Thank you." She tells him, taking the bowl.

He gives the four sympathetic looks, gently squeezing Larissa's bicep.

Sam walks over to where Dean and Natalie are, Dean messing with the radio, trying to get in contact with Bobby.

"How're they holding up?" Dean asks. Sam doesn't say anything, the three standing in silence.

"Ticking time bomb." Sam mumbles and Dean nods. "Salt lines are holding up."

"Safe for now." Dean says.

"Yeah, safe or trapped like rats." Sam says.

"Hey, you heard Meg. Her father's here. This is our one shot, Sammy. We gotta take it, no matter what." Dean says and Sam doesn't have a response. "Here we go."

"Sam, some help here, please?" Ellen calls and Sam makes his way over, Natalie following. Sam helps out while Ellen goes to Dean to talk to Bobby over the radio, coming back after a minute.

"KC5 Fox Delta Center, come in." Dean says.

"KC5 Fox Delta Oscar, go ahead." Bobby answers.

"Bobby, it's Dean. We got problems." Dean says.

"It's okay, boy." Bobby says after a moment. "That's why I'm here. Is everyone all right?"

"No. It's-- it's-- it's Jo. Bobby, it's pretty bad."

"Okay. Copy that. So now we figure out what we do next."

"Bobby, I don't think she's--" Dean cuts himself off.

"I said, what do we do next, Dean?" Bobby asks.

"Right. Okay, right." Dean says.

"Now, tell me what you got." Bobby says.

"Okay, see? Bandage good as new." Larissa weakly smiles at her best friend. Jo manages a small smile back.

~ ~ ~

"That's my girl. You're okay, honey." Ellen assures Jo.

"Now, we know where the devil's gonna be, we know when, and we have the colt." Dean says.

"Yeah. We just have to get past eight or so hellhounds and get to the farm by midnight." Sam says.

"Yeah, and that's after we get Jo and Ellen out of town. And Rissa and Jacob." Dean says.

"Won't be easy." Sam says.

"Stretcher?"

"I'll see what we got."

"Stop. Guys, stop." Jo calls. "Can we, uh, be realistic about this, please? I can't move my legs. I can't be moved. My guts are being held in by an ace bandage. We gotta-- we gotta get our priorities straight here. Number one, I'm not going anywhere."

"No." Jacob quietly whimpers.

"Joanna Beth, you stop talking like that." Ellen orders.

"Mom, I can't fight. I can't walk. But I can do something. We got propane, wiring, rock salt, iron nails, everything we need." Jo says.

"Everything we need?" Sam asks.

"To build a bomb, Sam." Jacob realizes.

"No. No." Dean denies.

"You got another plan? You got any other plan? Those are hellhounds out there, Dean. They've got all of our scents. Those bitches will never stop coming after you. We let the dogs in, you guys hit the roof, make a break for the building next over. I can wait here with my finger on the button, rip those mutts a new one. Or at least get you a few minutes head start, anyway."

"No, I-I won't let you." Ellen objects.

"It's why we're here, right?" Jo asks and Ellen shakes her head. "If I can get us a shot on the devil... Dean, we have to take it."

Jacob's face screws up and he runs a hand through his hair, trying to keep his tears in. Larissa lets out a quiet sob, her hand covering her mouth.

"No!" Ellen denies, looking up at Dean. "That's not--"

"Mom... this might literally be your last chance to treat me like an adult. Might wanna take it." Jo sadly smiles and Ellen starts to cry.

"You heard her. Get to work." Ellen says after a moment.

"Mom." Jacob whispers.

"Get to work." Ellen firmly orders.

They all pitch in on building the bombs and eventually get it done. Sam holds Jo's hand while Dean leads the wire up to her and Sam backs away. Dean gives Jo the button.

"Okay, this is it. I'll see you on the other side. Probably sooner than later." Dean says.

"Make it later." Jo says.

Dean kisses Jo on the forehead, pulling away, and then kissing her on the lips after a moment. He rests his forehead against hers for a few moments before getting up.

Larissa kneels next to Jo, sadly smiling at her.

"Looks like you're gonna be living without me sooner than later." Jo weakly jokes.

"I love you, Jojo." Larissa says.

"I love you, too, Lari." Jo weakly smiles.

Larissa kisses Jo on the cheek, sadly smiling at her. She gets up, trying to not completely breakdown. Sam glances down, grabbing her hand which she tightly squeezes.

"You know, I recall it was supposed to be me who dies first." Jacob sniffles.

"You know me. I can never let you win." Jo sadly smiles.

Jacob feels a few tears fall down his face. He cradles her head in one hand, pressing a long kiss to her forehead.

"I love you." He quietly tells her.

"Love you, too. Just make sure I don't see you for decades." Jo says. Jacob weakly smiles, nodding a little. He gets up, going to Natalie who wraps an arm around his waist, trying to comfort him.

Ellen kneels by Jo and they stare at each other, Ellen smiling.

"Mom, no." Jo cries.

"Somebody's gotta let 'em in. Like you said, you're not moving. You got me, baby. And you're right, this is important." Ellen says. Jo nods. "But I will not leave you here alone."

"Dean." Sam mumbles.

"Get going now, kids." Ellen says.

"Mom--" Jacob starts.

"No." Larissa objects.

"Ellen--" Dean tries.

"I said go." Ellen says, her voice stern.

"Mom, no." Jacob's voice cracks.

Ellen stands up, turning to her son.

"Ellen." Larissa whispers.

"I'm sorry, honey." Ellen tells him, cupping his face. "I love you."

"No." Jacob shakes his head. "No, if-- if you're staying then I'm staying."

"No, you're not. I won't let you do that." Ellen denies.

"N-no. No, Jacob, you can't." Natalie shakes her head.

"No. I-- I can't just let you two stay here and die. I can't-- no." Jacob says.

"Honey, you have a life. I will not let you throw that away." Ellen says.

"Jacob, you can't stay." Natalie says.

"Nat, I-I know it's-- but they're my mom and baby sister, I can't--"

"Jacob--"

"You are not staying." Ellen firmly tells her son.

"I can stay."

"Jacob--"

"No, I-I can--"

"I'm pregnant!"

They all go quiet at Natalie's yell. She looks between all of them, her gaze settling on Jacob.

"I'm pregnant." She says again but quieter.

"What?" He whispers.

"I have a fetus in my stomach... and I need you. I need you for this and in general. So, please, don't sacrifice yourself. I understand the want to, the feeling that you have to, I get that... but please, Jacob, don't." Natalie begs.

Jacob instantly nods. He looks back at Jo and Ellen who both weakly smile at him.

"Those two need you more than us right now, sweetheart." Ellen says. "I love you." She pulls him down, kissing him on the forehead.

"I love you, too." Jacob hiccups, tightly hugging his mom for the last time. He sobs into her shoulder before eventually pulling away.

Jacob goes over to Natalie, pulling her into a hug. He kisses her on the head and his bloody fingers tangle in her hair. He manages to brush some hair out of her face, cupping her head.

"You're really pregnant?" He quietly asks.

"Yeah." She nods, tearfully smiling. "Sorry I couldn't tell you at a better time."

Jacob kisses her forehead and then on the lips, tightly hugging her.

"I'm sorry. I-- I should've stayed with you from the beginning, I--"

"No. No, it's okay. It's okay. I get it. If it were Sam and Dean, I'd do the same." She says. "It's okay."

"Aunt Ellen." Larissa whimpers.

"It's okay, sweetie." Ellen sadly smiles. "It's okay." She assures, kissing the brunette on the forehead. "It's okay."

Larissa lets out a small sob, but nods. Ellen looks at Sam and motions to Larissa. Sam walks over and gently wraps an arm around Larissa, leading her out of the building.

"Come on, baby." Natalie quietly says, leading Jacob after the two. Jacob takes one last look at his family, quietly sobbing, but letting Natalie lead him out.

"And Dean?" Ellen calls making him stop. "Kick it in the ass. Don't miss." Dean nods and leaves.

The five, who are across the street, stop and flinch at the explosion, turning to the store that goes up in flames.

Larissa breaks down sobbing, her knees buckling. Sam just barely manages to catch her before she completely falls, and he wraps his arms around her.

Jacob quietly sobs, his hand covering his mouth. Natalie looks up at him with her teary eyes, wishing she could do anything to help him.

"I'm sorry." Natalie whispers, hugging him. Jacob tightly hugs her, sobbing into her hair.

Larissa sobs into Sam's shoulder as he carefully pulls her back to her feet, trying to soothe her.

"Hey. Hey, I-I know. I know. I'm sorry." Sam says. "But we have to go. For Ellen and Jo."

Larissa weakly nods, sniffling. She manages to compose herself a bit, turning around as Jacob and Natalie break apart, Jacob also pulling himself together as best he can.

The two share a sad look, but don't make any move to comfort each other knowing they'll just break down again.

~ ~ ~

They're in a field and sneaking up where Lucifer is filling a hole and there's a bunch of guys standing.

"Guess we know what happened to some of the townspeople." Dean says.

"Last words?" Sam asks.

"I think I'm good." Dean says.

"Yeah. Me, too." Sam nods.

"Well, then, let's do this shit." Larissa growls.

"Hey!" Sam shouts making Lucifer turn to the twins. "You wanted to see me?"

"Oh, Sam, Natalie, you don't need those guns here. You know I'd never hurt you. Not really." Lucifer says.

"Yeah? Well, I'd hurt you." Dean points the colt point blank at Lucifer who faces him. Jacob and Larissa are standing a few feet behind Dean. "So fuck off." He shoots Lucifer who falls to the ground. They look at the corpse and glance between each other until Lucifer breathes in.

"Owwww." He whines and he stands up. Natalie stares at him with wide eyes, shuffling closer to Sam. "Where did you get that?" He punches Dean, sending him into a tree and it knocks him out. Lucifer flicks his hand, sending Jacob and Larissa into the same tree and they land by Dean.

"Now, where were we?" Lucifer questions. "Don't feel too bad, Sam. There's only five things in all of creation that that gun can't kill, and I just happen to be one of them. But if you give me a minute, I'm almost done."

Lucifer resumes filling the hole and Sam and Natalie rush over to the others. Sam checks Dean and Larissa's pulses while Natalie checks Jacob's. The twins nod to each other when they confirm all three are still alive.

"You know, I don't suppose you'd just say yes here and now?" Lucifer asks. "End this whole tiresome discussion? That's crazy, right?"

"It's never gonna happen!" Sam declares.

"Oh, I don't know, Sam. I think it will. I think it'll happen soon. Within six months. And I think it'll happen in Detroit." Lucifer says.

"You listen to me, you son of a bitch. I'm gonna kill you myself, you understand me? I'm going to rip your heart out!"

"That's good, Sam. You keep fanning that fire in your belly. All that pent up rage. I'm gonna need it."

"What did you do? What did you do to this town?"

"Oh, I was very generous with this town. One demon for every able bodied man."

"And the rest of them?"

"In there." Lucifer points the hole he's filling up. "I know, it's awful, but these horsemen are so demanding. So it was women and children first. I know what you must think of me, Sam. But I have to do this. I have to. You of all people should understand."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I was a son. A brother, like you, a younger brother, and I had an older brother who I loved. Idolized, in fact. And one day, I went to him and I begged him to stand with me, and Michael... Michael turned on me. Called me a freak, a monster. And then he beat me down. All because I was different. Because I had a mind of my own. Tell me something, Sam. Any of this sound familiar?"

"Anyway... you'll have to excuse me. Midnight is calling and I have a ritual to finish. Don't go anywhere. Not that you could if you would."

Sam turns back to his family.

"Now repeat after me." Lucifer tells the demons. "We offer up our lives, blood, souls." He says. The demons repeat it as Dean, Jacob, and Larissa wake up.

"To complete this tribute." Lucifer says, the demons repeating. The demons flash an orange-ish color and all fall over, dead.

"What? They're just demons." Lucifer says, seeing the hunters' shocked looks. He turns back to the giant grave and the ground starts to rumble.

They see Cas and he motions for them to be quiet. Cas makes Dean hold onto Natalie and Jacob's arms and Larissa holds onto Sam and Dean. He puts a hand on Sam and Natalie's shoulders, transporting the all of them back to Bobby's.

+++

They gather by the fireplace while the news plays as Bobby tosses the picture from the other night in.

Larissa races out of the house, knowing she'll be unable to stop the tears. Sam quickly follows her, knowing she'll need the comfort.

Jacob sits down on the couch after the picture burns, his teary eyes focused on the floor. Natalie sits next to him, her arm wrapped around his shoulders and she rests her head on his shoulder, trying to comfort him.

Libby walks over to them and gently taps Jacob on the knee.

"I'm sorry you lost your mommy and sister." Libby says.

"Thanks, Libs." Jacob weakly smiles. Libby holds her arms out and Jacob pulls her into a hug, letting her tightly hug him as she attempts to comfort him.

Ophelia feels everybody's grief, it exhausting her, as she leans against her dad, her arms wrapped around his stomach to hug him. Dean plays with her hair as he still stares into the fire, the picture still in his mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 2.9K 86
[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling Like the Stars Say You Won't Let Go I DO NOT own Supernatural...
543K 14.4K 68
Sam left his family to attend Stanford University. There he comes across a girl by the name of Jess. The duo hit it off which leads to Jess giving bi...
26.2K 1K 71
[ supernatural -- seasons 6-10 ] Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling Like the Stars Say You Won't Let Go I DO NOT own Supernatural...
173K 4.8K 87
[ supernatural -- seasons 2-8 ] Larissa Brewster Series: Habits Iris I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the show's characters or storylines. I ONLY ow...