Finding My Normal

By vm-pb-sn

After Sang's family died she was moved from foster home to foster home. She has finally found a new life wit... More

Ch 1: One Step at a Time
Ch 2: My First Friend
Ch 3: Tackling the Assignment
Ch 4: Porcelain Peek-A-Boo
Ch 5: Mall Adventure
Ch 6: Fountain of Gods
Ch 7: Academy Files- Sang on the Case
Ch 8: Sang in a Tree
Ch 9: A Birthday to Remember
Ch 10: Nightmare on Sang Street
Ch 11: Meeting Betsy
Ch 12: Proposals, Cheers and Red Gummy Bears
Ch 13: To Ask or Not to Ask
Ch 14: Front Seat, Back Set, Passenger Seat Driver...and Sang
Ch 15: Secret Admirer or Stalker?
Ch 16: Torn to Pieces
Ch 17: Cheer Hell
Ch 18: Meeko
Ch 19: A Night with Gabe Keeps the Worries Away
Ch 20: How Do You Spell Trouble?
Ch 22: Drop of Doubt 2.0
Ch 23: Sparks Ignite
Ch 24: Where There's Smoke
Ch 25: There's Fire
Ch 26: The Raven Was Called Sin
Ch 27: Sweet Dreams
Ch 28: Trouble's in Trouble. Again.
Ch 29: Owen vs. Sang
Ch 30: Face Off
Ch: 31 Within the Lines
Ch 32: Spy Girl Sang
Ch 33: I Spy an Amatuer
Ch 34: Confronting My Nightmares
Ch 35: Who is the Big Bad Wolf?
Ch 36: Private Eyes
Ch 37: Into the Woods
Ch 38: Sang's Balloon
Ch 39: May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor
Ch 40: Ghosts, Snakes and Panties Oh My!
Ch 41: From C to Shining D
Ch 42- Swing My Heart Across the Line
Ch 43: Kumbaya
Ch 44: Communication Intercepted
Ch 45: Déjà Vu
Ch 46: Breaking News
Ch 47: Working on Overdrive
Ch 48: Secrets
Ch 49: Rah-Rah-ah-ah-ah!
Ch 50: Tales
Ch 51: Happily Never After
Ch 52: En Prise
Ch 53: Family Fun Time
Ch 54: Happy Birthday to Me!
Ch 55: Wake Up Call
Ch 56: Trapped Ghosts
Ch 57: Things of My Nightmares
Ch 58: A Rose by any Other Name
Ch 59: Kotov Syndrome
Ch 60: A Message From Volto
Ch 61: On the Hunt
Ch 62: Five Years Ago
Ch 63: Blindsided
Ch 64: Inside the Mind of Perfection
Ch 65: Sisters Grimm
Ch 66: Running Out of Time
Ch 67: A Mother and her Bird
Ch 68: The First Family Meeting
Ch 69: The First Betrayal
Ch 70: Caught in a Web of Lies
Ch 71: Friends vs. Family
Ch 72: Lessons Learned
Ch 73: Blank Space
Ch 74: The Accident
Ch 75: My Chance
Ch 76: Reflection
Ch 77: Silver Lining
Ch. 78: Play Time
Ch 79: Marie
Ch 80: Finding My Normal
Ch 81: Epilouge
Ch 82: Clues
Ch 83: Finding My Family

Ch 21: Empty Hallways

2.8K 236 30
By vm-pb-sn

Being grounded isn't so bad. I still have my phone I can talk to my friends on. Kota and Victor have been texting me all day even though we talk during class. Nathan told me he got our costumes for the Back to School dance. He won't tell me what they are, but he said he was going to come over tonight to show me. I warned him, my parents probably won't let him in since I'm grounded, but he shrugged and said not to worry.

I'm leaning against Nathan as we eat lunch in the courtyard. Victor is teasing me about my grounding and Kota is laughing along with us. Out of the corner of my eye I see Gabriel walking over with a large piece of butcher paper rolled up in his hands. Once he gets to our group he stops and smiles at me. Nathan drops his sandwich and drapes an arm around my shoulders.

Gabriel notices and smirks at Nathan before turning to me, "Sang, we have to hang these posters up before lunch ends"

"Princess, do you need help? You might not be able to reach and I don't want you on any ladders." Victor starts to get up just as I do.

"Oy!! You're not on ASB it's not your fucking job it's ours sit your ass down!"

I giggle, because I know Gabriel wants to get me alone so he can get his lick. I wonder what he'd do if I kissed him instead? I can't do that though, the guy is always supposed to kiss first. Maybe a peck on the cheek? The girl can do that first right?

Victor takes a seat again after I tell him I'll be fine. I walk off with Gabriel and he leads me towards the second floor lockers. The hall is empty and we make it all the way to the end of the lockers before he grabs me by the waist and pushes me up against the wall. I'm practically hidden from view- the last locker is to my left and Gabriel is towering over me in front. Behind me is what looks like an abandoned janitorial closet. His arm around my waist and hand on my back burns with intensity. He is so close to me I think he just might kiss me this time. No ones around to interrupt.

He leans in closer and starts to hum. It sounds like an Elvis tune to me, but I can't be sure. He's leaning down, his face barely an inch away. He nuzzles my jawline and lower towards my neck all the while humming that little tune. My heart is beating a million times a minute and I'm getting a little nervous--or maybe anxious. My hands squeeze around the rolled up posters gathered in front of me. I look down and see that I've wrinkled them. This breaks me out of my trance, I jump back a little bumping into the door behind me.

"Gabriel, I'm so sorry I've ruined your posters!"

He snatches them out of my hands and tosses them to the floor. "They're blank, I just needed an excuse to get you away from your friends."

I swallow a big gulp and clasp my hands in front of me. Now that I'm not holding the posters I don't know what to do with them. Slowly, ever so slowly, I unclasp them and put them on Gabriel's chest. He's not as muscular as Nathan or Kota, but he's still firm. I can tell he works out and he has the best collar bones I have ever seen. I haven't seen many, but I'm sure his would win any contest-if contests such as those even exist.

I gather a little courage to drag my palms over his chest towards his stomach. He feels amazing and he steps in closer to me. He's so close my hands are about to be squished in between us so I loop my arms around his waist. With his arm still around mine we are practically hugging. His body is so close to mine I can feel his warmth radiating off of him.

"Sang, you are going to get me in so much trouble. No. You are Trouble. Remember what I told you last night?"

"Yes" I say breathlessly.

"Well I'm here to collect and also I don't think I can wait until the dance to claim that other cheek of yours." With that said he licks my other cheek. I giggle and he grins back at me, "Mine!"

Now it's my turn. I stare up into his crystal blue eyes and listen to him still humming. He waits patiently, his hand at my back grips me then releases, then grips me again. Not to encourage me to hurry up, but because Gabriel is trying to control himself. I can see the desire in his eyes and I know he's going to kiss me today and I want him to. I don't know where this side of me is coming from, but I'm ready for my first kiss and I'm determined to get it today!

I will give Gabriel a lick, then a kiss on the cheek and maybe that will be hint enough that he has my permission to give me a kiss on the lips.

His humming changes to a slower song and he starts to whisper the lyrics to me. His voice is beautiful even in a quiet whisper. I stand up on my tippy toes and steady my balance while holding onto Gabriel. I lean in and lick his cheek just like he did to me. Then I quickly give him a kiss on the cheek. His singing stops and his hand on my back tenses. I lean back and look into his eyes. He's stares at me in disbelief, then a wicked grin comes across his face.

With the arm around my waist he pulls me flush against him while using his other hand to swipe the clip out of my hair. My blonde locks fall out in loose waves. He runs his hand through the hair close to my eyes and pushes it behind my ear. He grasps my chin and tilts my face up as he leans down closer to me; his head tilted. This is it and it's perfect. I'm not worried about not knowing how to kiss, Gabriel is giving me instructions without even knowing.

My eyes move from his to his mouth then back to his eyes again. The moment feels like it's in slow motion and it's torturous. I finally feel the warmth of his breath against my lips and I know in a fraction of a second his lips will be on mine. I close my eyes and feel a whirlwind around me and a loud bang.

I'm surrounded in darkness and it's not from my eyes being closed. My eyes are open now and it's pitch black! I realize I'm in the janitorial closet. That loud bang was the door being closed and that whirlwind feeling was Gabriel moving me to open the door and push me in!

"Mr. Coleman. What are you doing in these halls?"

"Putting up posters for the dance, sir."

"The wrinkled posters on the floor? Shouldn't they be on the walls?"

"I was thinking about which wall looked better."

"And you needed your hands free to do that because...."

"Helps me think when there are no distractions."

"Hmm. No distractions is a good thing. You should put one over that janitorial closet. It would keep people out of it."

I'm dying about how I almost got caught by Mr. Blackbourne! What is with this guy? He just ruined my first kiss!!! I hear his footsteps walk away and once they are out of earshot Gabriel opens the closet door.

"Holy fucking shit that was close! I'm sorry I threw you in there, but I heard footsteps and panicked. What is with people interrupting us! First your dad, now Mr. B?" The bell rings. "Shit, now the bell!!"

Gabriel races back to the courtyard with me and grabs my backpacks and walks me to my next class leaving Kota, Victor and Nathan staring at us in wonder at our rush.

The rest of the day went on without any more trouble. I was glad Dr. Green was lecturing today. I would have been tomato red the entire time if Mr. Blackbourne would have been lecturing. With his mention of the janitorial closet to Gabriel, I'm pretty sure he knew I was in there. I am so not looking forward to our first tutoring session tomorrow after school.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

317K 13.7K 82
This is a Fan fiction of Ghost Bird series. I have had this in my head for a while and was going to upload it to another website and then the complic...
47.8K 3K 16
Sang is a popular girl who is about to graduate. A terrible accident changes her life forever. She meets 9 beautiful guys who help her through everyt...
75.2K 6.8K 36
Sang left 6 years ago after finding out that all the boys were in love with her. They had told her she had to "love them all or lose them all." The p...
268K 14.5K 34
Sang Sorensen has not had an easy life. In her almost sixteen years on this earth, she has spent more days than not locked away in the dark. Her nigh...