Lost Soul

By issyh0

"Twin Flames; Two souls that are always meant to be together. Sometimes it takes time, sometimes it takes a p... More

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
Playlist
The Christmas Invasion
New Earth
New Earth
New Earth
Tooth and Claw
Tooth and Claw
Tooth and Claw
School Reunion
School Reunion
School Reunion
The Girl in the Fireplace
Rise of the Cybermen
Age of Steel
Age of Steel
Twin Flames
Twin Flames
Idiots Lantern
Idiots Lantern
Idiots Lantern
The Impossible Planet
The Satan Pit
The Satan Pit
The Satan Pit
Fear Her
Fear Her
Army of Ghosts
Army of Ghosts
Army of Ghosts
Doomsday
Doomsday
Doomsday
The Runaway Bride
The Runaway Bride
Restored

Fear Her

307 5 0
By issyh0

Rose hammers on Trish's door. She was trying her best not to panic. Trish appears at the door, a confused look on her face as Rose pushes past her and runs upstairs. "It's okay. I've taken all the pencils off her." Trish calls after her, closing the door before racing up the stairs to catch her. 

Rose slams open Chloe's door, racing over to her desk and snatches the drawing of the Doctor, Raelle and the Tardis.

"Leave me alone." Chloe bellows at Rose. "I want to be with Chloe Webber. I love Chloe Webber."

"Bring them back, now." Rose glared at the young girl before her. 

"No."

Rose placed a hand down her face, trying her best to calm herself before placing either hands beside Chloe and bellowing at the girl. "Don't you realise what you've done? They were the only ones who could help you. Now bring them back!"

"Leave me alone! I love Chloe Webber!" Chloe shouted back at Rose. 

Rose paused, looking at the sadden look on Chloe's face. She exhaled, nodding sympathetically as she stood. "I know. I know." She looked down at the drawing of the Doctor and Raelle, frowning. "Rae, Doctor, if you can hear me, I'm going to get you both out of there. I'll find the pod." She turns to leave, speaking to Trish as she walks out. "Don't leave her alone, no matter what."

Rose leaves Trish's house, muttering to herself. "Heat. They travel on heat." That's what the Doctor had said about the pod before he disappeared. She sighed, closing her eyes to try and focus herself. The thought of losing the Doctor, especially her sister consumed her thoughts. 

"Look at this finish. Smooth as a baby's bottom." A voice interrupted her thoughts as she opened her eyes to see Kel admiring his latest tarmac patch, smoothing it down with his bare hand. "Not a bump or a lump." He continued, looking over to Rose, a smug grin on his face. She rushed over to him, crouching down beside him 

" Kel, was there anything in this street in the last few days giving off a lot of heat?" She asked him. 

"I mean, you can eat your dinner off this. Beautiful." He continued. Rose huffed in frustration. "So you tell me why the other one's got a lump in it when I gave it the same love and craftsmanship as I did this one."

Rose shrugged. "Well, when you've worked it out, put it in a big book about tarmacking, but before you do that, think back six days."

Kel nodded, looking at Rose. "Six days. When I was laying this the first time round."

Rose frowned. "What?" 

"Well, that's when I filled in this pothole for the first time." 

Rose looked from the pothole beside her and the adjacent one further down the street. "Six days ago." She muttered. 

"Yeah." Kel nodded in agreement. 

"Hot fresh tar."

"Blended to a secret council recipe." Kel boasted to Rose but Rose darted up and towards the van, slamming the back doors open wide. "I don't keep it in the van! Hey, that's a council van. Out." Kel called out after her.

Rose rifles through the tools in the back, eyeing a pick axe. This will work, she thought. She grabs it, smiling at it as she made her way back to the pothole. 

Kel eyed the pickaxe, holding his hands out in an attempt to stop Rose. "Whoa, wait, wait, wait. You just removed a council axe from a council van. Put it back. No, don't, wait. Put the axe back in the van. That's my van. Give me the axe. No! Wait! No!" He shouted as Rose plunged the pickaxe into the freshly cemented pothole. "No! You, stop!" Kel whined, placing his hands out in protest. "You just took a council axe from a council van and now you're digging up a council road! I'm reporting you to the council!"

The cement from the force of the pickaxe breaks apart. Rose tosses the pickaxe aside, digging away at the cement. A tiny yellow stone-like spaceship appears as she grabs it. She exhales in relief. "It went for the hottest thing in the street. Your tar." She chuckled, looking up at Kel. 

"What is it?" Kel shouted at her as she stood.

"It's a spaceship." She eyed the spaceship in her palm. "Not a council spaceship, I'm afraid." She chuckled in relief as she races over to Trish's house again, with Kel in pursuit of her.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

"I've found it!" Rose shouted out as she enters Trish's living room. "I don't know what to do with it, but maybe the Isolus will just hop on board." She sighs, looking at Trish, frowning. "Hang on, I told you not to leave her."

"My God! Er, what's going on here?" The presenter's voice from the television stole their focus as it showed the stadium crowd have vanished. Rose and Trish stare at the television in utter shock just as Kel enters.

"I don't care if you've got Snow White and the Seven Dwarves buried under there, you don't go digging up" Kel huffed at Rose who took no notice of his complaints. 

"Shut up and look!" She shouted at him, pointing at the television. He frowned at the sight of the empty crowd at the presenter continued. 

"The crowd has vanished! Er, they're gone. Everyone has gone. Thousands of people have just gone. Right in front of my eyes. It's impossible. Bob, can we join you in the box? Bob? Not you too, Bob?"

Rose shook her head as she watched. "The stadium won't be enough. The Isolus has four billion brothers and sisters." Rose suddenly raced upstairs, with Trish and Kel following behind, as she raced to Chloe's room. She tried to open the door to find it was locked. "Chloe? Chloe, it's Rose!" She shouted in a pleading tone. "Open the door! We found your ship. We can send you home."

"Chloe?" Trish shouted beside Rose. No response. 

"Open up!" Rose tried. Again, no response.  The deep, bellowing voice of Chloe's dad could be heard from their side of the door as Rose grabbed the pickaxe Kel had bought up with him. "Right, stand back." She warned Trish as she lunges the pickaxe through the door. She continues until she manages to make a small hole and Rose gets a hand through to push the chair away to open the door. "Chloe!" She shouts as she enters. Her voice catches in her throat as she eyes the open atlas beside Chloe as she frantically draws a picture of the world on her bedroom wall as her father's voice bellows from the wardrobe. "I've got to stop her."

"If you stop Chloe Webber, I will let him out. We will let him out together. I cannot be alone. It's not fair." Chloe threatened Rose and Trish.

"Look, I've got your pod." Rose tried, holding it out to Chloe. 

"The pod is dead."

Rose shook her head. "It only needs heat."

"It needs more than heat."

Rose frowned. "What, then?"

"I'm not being funny or nothing, but that picture just moved." Kel stated in shock as he pointed to Chloe's bedroom wall. "And that one!" He pointed to the one of Raelle and the Doctor. Rose peered down to the picture. The Doctor and Raelle stand either side of the Olympic torch, pointing at it. 

"She didn't draw that, they did. But it needs more than heat, Rae, Doctor." She muttered in defeat as she stared at the picture. She looked over to Chloe's laptop on her desk, the runner of the Olympic torch racing. 

"I suppose it's much more than a torch now, it's a beacon. It's a beacon of hope and fortitude and courage. And it's a beacon of love."

"Love." Rose stated, realisation slowly creeping up on her. "I know how to charge up the pod." She told Trish and Kel as she left the house, racing down to the street where there were crowds either side of the road as the Olympic runner made his way through. Rose pushes her way through the crowd at the end of the close.

"Sorry, you'll have to watch from here." A policeman stopped her. 

Rose huffed as she tried to continue. "No, I've got to get closer."

The policeman held his hands out to stop her. "No way."

"I can stop this from happening!" Rose yelled as she watched the runner make his way past. The pod in her palm starts chittering, as she looks down at it. "You felt it, didn't you?" She questioned out loud, looking back up at the runner. The torch in his hands. Rose smiles in realisation at what she needs to do. "Feel the love." Rose throws the pod into the air, and it flies into the flame of the Torch. The Torch Bearer staggers briefly then carries on. "Yes!" She chuckled, jumping up and down, impressed by her own shot. 

Rose spots Kel rushing towards her. She races over, throwing her arms around him and pulling him into a hug. "You did it!" He marvelled, breaking away. "What was it you did?" Rose chuckled, pulling him into another hug, as she points down the street to see the missing children reappear and run to their parents. 

Rose's smile slowly fades away as she can't spot Raelle or the Doctor in the crowd. "Rae. Doctor." She exhales in a sadden tone. 

Maeve appears beside Rose, startling her. "I don't know who you are, or what you did, but thank you, darling! And thank that man and girl for me too." Rose smiled at Maeve as she continued on her way before frowning again.

"Where are they? They should be here." She thought out loud. "All the drawings have come to life." She eyes Chloe's window, a red glow appearing from behind the blinds. "That means all of them. Oh, no." She realises as she races towards Trish's house. As she makes her way over, she can spot Trish and Chloe making their way down the stairs before the front door slams shut. Rose slams her hands against the door, trying to get in. "Trish, get out!"

"I can't! The door's stuck!" Trish cried out. 

"Is Raelle or the Doctor in there?" She asked through the glass of the door. 

"I don't think so."

"Chloe, I'm coming to hurt you." The bellowing voice looms from the top of the stairs, loud enough for Rose to hear. 

"Chloe, listen to me." Rose cried out to Chloe. "It isn't real like the others. It's just energy left over by the Isolus, but you can get rid of it."

"Help us!" Trish screamed, grabbing a hold of Chloe. 

"Oh, it's because you're so scared that he's real. But you can get shot of him, Chloe." Rose pleaded through the door. "You can do it, Chloe!"

"I can't!" 

"Chloe, I'm coming." The voice continued.

"I can't! I can't!" Chloe cried out, whimpering against her mum. "Mummy."

"Chloe." The voice continued, coming closer and closer as the room filled with a red glow. 

"I'm with you, Chloe." Trish told her daughter, placing both her hands either side of Chloe's face for comfort. "You're not alone. You'll never be alone again."

"Sing again! Chloe, sing!" Rose shouted through the door, trying her best to open it. 

The voice grew louder and louder. "Chloe. Chloe. Chloe. Chloe. Chloe, I'm coming to hurt you. Chloe!"

Chloe and Trish both began to sing as they clung to one another."Merry merry king of the bush is he. Laugh, Kookaburra, laugh, Kookaburra, gay your life must be. Laugh, Kookaburra, laugh, Kookaburra, gay your life must be." As they sang, the red glow and the voice retreat. "Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree. Merry merry king of the bush is he. Laugh, Kookaburra, laugh, Kookaburra, gay your life must be."

Rose sighs in relief as the red light retreats, sliding down the side of the door. She closes her eyes, catching her breath as Kel appears. 

"Maybe they've gone somewhere." Kel offered, a small smile on his face. 

"Who's going to hold their hands now?" Rose muttered, frowning up at Kel. Trish opens the door, inviting the pair inside as they watch the Olympic stadium fill up again. 

"Just look at this! Utterly incredibly scenes at the Olympic stadium. Eighty thousand athletes and spectators. They disappeared, they've come back! They've returned. They've reappeared. It's quite incredible. Bob, this will certainly-"

Rose watched, a frown sketched onto her face. "Eighty thousand people, so where's Rae and the Doctor? I need them."

"But hang on, the Torch Bearer seems to be in a bit of trouble. We did see a flash of lightning earlier that seemed to strike him. Maybe he's injured. He's definitely in trouble." The torch bearer collapses on the floor. "Does this mean that the Olympic dream is dead?"

At that moment, the television shows a pair of hands pick up the torch, revealing Raelle and the Doctor carrying the torch, hand in hand with another as they continued. Rose huffs at the screen in disbelief, smiling at the sight. "Rae! Doctor!" She chuckled. 

"There's a mystery pair here. They've both picked up the flame. We've no idea who they are. They're carrying the flame. Yes, they're carrying the flame and no one wants to stop them. It's more than a flame now, Bob. It's more than heat and light. It's hope, and it's courage, and it's love."

*:・゚✧*:・゚

The Doctor and Raelle walked down the street, hand in hand, as she admired the reunions of the families. 

"Cake?" A voice behind them called out. They turned to see Rose, hand outstretched with a fairy cake, a wide smile on her face. 

The Doctor chuckles as they make their way over as he grabs and eats the cake. "Top banana. Mmm. I can't stress this enough. Ball bearings you can eat, masterpiece!" Raelle giggles at the sight of the Doctor stuffing his face. Out of her surprise, Rose engulfs her in a tight hug, nearly strangling her from how tight she was hugging her. 

"I thought I'd lost you." Rose spoke into her as she hugged her sister. 

"You won't ever lose me." Raelle told her sister as they broke apart. The Doctor watched the sisters, a fond smile on his face, before groaning in response as Rose pulled him into a bear hug. 

"I thought I'd lost you too." She told the Doctor, breaking apart and stealing the cake from him. 

"Nah. Not on a night like this. This is a night for lost things being found. Come on." He gestured for her to follow. Raelle interlocked her hand with his and held one out for her sister who took it with a smile on her face. 

"What now?" Rose asked the Doctor as they made their way down the street. 

"I want to go to the Games. It's what we came for." The Doctor stated.

"Go on, give us a clue. Which events do we do well in?" Raelle asked, tugging on his hand for him to answer.

The Doctor smiles down at Raelle. "Well, I will tell you this. Papua New Guinea surprises everyone in the shot put."

Rose scoffs in surprise. "Really? You're joking, aren't you?" The Doctor winks at Raelle as they continue to walk. "Doctor, are you serious or are you joking?"

"Wait and see." He muses over to Rose as fireworks display starts above them. They stop and watch in admiration.

Raelle squeezed both the Doctor's and Rose's hands as they watched the fireworks. "You know what? They keep on trying to split us up, but they never ever will."

The Doctor looked down at Raelle, a somewhat serious expression on his face. "Never say never ever."

"Nah, we'll always be okay." Rose dismissed the Doctor's worries as they all looked up at the sky. "Don't you reckon, Doctor?" She asked, as he continued to stare into the sky. 

"There's something in the air. Something coming." He stated. Raelle looked over at him, frowning, trying to follow his eye-line. 

"What?" She asked him, squeezing his hand. 

"A storm's approaching." He stated, not moving his eyes away from the sky. Rose took no notice, staring in awe at the fireworks. Raelle could feel a nagging sensation in her chest as she looked at the fireworks. An uncomfortable nagging sensation from the Doctor. Something was soon going to happen. She didn't like not knowing. She rested her head against the arm of the Doctor's, trying to savour this moment incase it all changed. Surely it can't get any worse than this?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 134 102
ᴇʟʏꜱɪᴀɴ (ᴀᴅᴊ.) • ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ ᴏʀ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ; ᴅɪᴠɪɴᴇʟʏ ɪɴꜱᴘɪʀᴇᴅ; ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇꜰᴜʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛ • ᴊᴜʟɪᴇᴛ ꜰʀᴇɴᴄʜ ʜᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛ ʟɪꜰᴇ. ᴀ ɢɪʀʟꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ, ᴀ ᴊᴏʙ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇʀ...
86.7K 2.8K 34
Having been separated for a whole year because of the Master the Doctor and Rita are back, their relationship now stronger than before, with Martha n...
229 10 9
When Lillian Shepherd fell, she didn't know where she was going to land. But then a man with gravity defying hair and a brown shirt finds her- and he...
2.5K 87 16
The Doctor, in his 10th incarnation, meets another traveller again. He and Kate seem to complete each other perfectly. But he doesn't know how perfec...