I Think I Love You

By Kxateislxate

Two childhood lovers tangled in an unfortunate fate of truth. It wasn't set in stone, but it was blissfully w... More

Prologue

Chapter 1

7 0 0
By Kxateislxate

•The start of it

My love, my Prince, my King. You've made me catch a great virus, a virus that flows though my veins, every part of my body yearns and is addicted to you. I've yet to be cured , even if it can be cured at all, is unknown. All I know is that I need you, and I need you now.

~

"ELLESIE, AWAKE NOW, YOU'VE SLEPT IN!"

Having a friend is such hard work sometimes, I wish I could be alone and left to my own demise. But then, I suppose I'd get bored eventually.

"My bad for wanting a lay in" I wouldn't of laid in if I'm being honest, my body would've woken up automatically around now anyways.

"Miss Ellesie Kore, are you forgetting something important today, something special about today, or even someone". Asked my best friend Ellie in a sly manner.

Of course I know, I countdown all year for this day. It's my favourite day, the day I see him. His birthday.

"Tonight's the night, I'll talk to him!"

"Yahuh, of course you will sweetheart, you've said that for the last 4 years"

"Ellie Raiden, I mean it this time, I promise"

She just rolled her eyes like usual. It'll be different this time, I'm sure of it.

My crush since I was a young girl, the Prince of Elsteria, Zenith. When we were younger, we'd play in the sacred forest after he'd sneak out past the guards to see his people, his future. I'm sure he has forgotten about me, though, there's still a part of me thinking if he did remember, he would be waiting for me too.

Ah well, that's just my tough luck, even if he did, what could he do, be friends with a peasant girl?, especially a thief.

/.

Stalls ready to open, and the sun setting upon the horizon while music played throughout the village, the perfect atmosphere.

"Look!, The King is announcing the princes party details "

The King Palatro II Of Elsteria's speech.

"Dear my fateful subjects, as you all know it is my eldest sons birthday, Prince Zenith has turned 16 now. I'm sure he'll have no problem partying away tonight. Any gifts shall be brought to my servant Jones. The party is commencing at 6'o clock sharp, everyone is welcome as it will be held in the courtyard. "

Zenith's POV

My 16th birthday, I should be excited, but I'm not. I still think about her, I still look for her, I've yet to find her. These past few years, I've noticed I think about her less- maybe because I'm more busy with my duties. I hope she's doing okay. Although, she's probably forgotten about me now, after all, I'm the one who left her.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about it, infecting my mind like a disease, haunting me. How could I let anyone treat me like she did me, I am not worthy..

"Prince Zenith, it's time, the Southern Kingdom, Gyhern is here"

Afterall, I'm to be engaged to Princess, Isiana, the Princess of Gyhern, known to be the most beautiful woman all of Crele. I've met Isiana, we've been on playdates since I can remember, and all that time, I've never known me to have any interests in her. Now I know what it was all for, our futures were to unite our Kingdoms. What my father doesn't know is that I love another.

"Introducing,King Derik Of Gyhern, Queen Raeiyan of Gyhern, Prince Ciaen Of Gyhern and Princess Isiana Of Gyhern".

I wish I could climb the walls and escape, just like when we were younger...

Ellesies POV

So much to do, I haven't even gotten him a gift...and the stalls will be either packed or sold out. I guess I could just make one, what would he like though...

"El, what's on your mind, you haven't even touched your soup", questioned Ellie, she gave me that look of curiosity and disappointment.

"I was wondering what to get Zenith, the only thing he told me he liked was the flowers that grow in the castle garden. But I'd probably get caught", I sighed and bashed my head on the table in despair.

"If you go tonight, security will be tough", I was about to say I know-

"But- if we go now, most guards will be in training". Ellie's been thieving longer than me, she's the one who was found by the group. Dog n Co. It's a spectacular name, I wonder what Arla was thinking when she made it. Ah well, anyway, they've been in and out the castle hundreds of times. What could go wrong?

"Come on, if we run there'll be a likelier chance the group will help you".

And so, we ran throughout the Elsterian woods, all the way to the Mother Tree. Home sweet hideout. The leader - Arla , founded this when she helped two twins called, Faeiya and Aeiren, escape from rookie royal guards messing around and bullying them. They both have red eyes, nobody knows why, or how.

And then, she helped Ellie - when she was robbing a palace guard. And then, me. She's let me in with welcome arms and taught me how to thieve, just as good as Ellie- almost. Although, when I get it wrong, she can be a prick.

Dog N' Co Headquarters

It feels so good to be back, the autumn leaves delicately falling off the tree, and the soft wind, whirling them around in sweet harmony.

"Ellie, Ellesie!, your back" , exclaimed Faeiya, her long locks of Auburn hair sweetly placed in a plait on her left shoulder, the piercing red eyes once again laid sweetly on mine.

"Hello Fae!, it's lovely to see you again. I wonder, have you seen Arla anywhere?" I questioned

"Yes actually, though it's not the greatest of times, she's quite hurt- she just conquered the nearest guild, Storm." She proudly announced

"No way!, I guess she's still fearless as ever" Ellie smirked

"Of course she is, picking up after everyone and dealing with her own business"

Aeiren..I forgot how bold she was, she always speaks in a tone of distinct sharpness that intimidates me

"Hello there, lovely to see you again A, how have you been doing" I asked, hoping to soothe her tone

"Well if I'm honest-"

"NO TIME FOR THIS CHIT CHAT, WE NEED A TASK FOR THE ROYAL PALACE OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE", Ellie protruded

"Whatever for now, what have you done?"

"ARLA, you're up!" Exclaimed Fae

"I wasn't planning to rest in my bed while you all chatter away, now what's this about girls?"

"Okay, if we're being honest here, I wanted to steal a flower from the Royal Garden, for- zenith.." I mumbled the last part deliberately

"For who?" Asked Aeiren

"Nevermind who, Aeirin go help them, Fae, go fetch me more herbs, my wound hasn't healed fast enough, so if these idiots mess up, I'll be well enough to help them." Sighed Arla, but chuckling as she waddled away

"She's been acting like an old lady since her injury, not just physically but talking like one too" giggled Fae

"Nevermind that, let's go now, our window is closing!"

"ALRIGHT ELLIE CHILL MAN, WE'RE GOING ALRIGHT"

Aeirin chased Ellie all the way to the palace

Zeniths POV

I can't seem to catch a break today, my father's all up me on finding my future bride to be a present, and my father's wife is insisting on me to pose for a ridiculous painting that'll rot in the hall of pictures nobody pays attention too. For one moment it'd be nice to be treated as if I actually have an input in my life.

"ZeeZee, are you alright there?"

"Roxanne, what are you doing in my room , you know Eliyana will be mad if your not getting ready for tonight,"

"But can't I see my brother for one minute, you'll be with stupid Issa or whatever her name is all night!" Exclaimed Roxanne angrily

"Rara, I can assure you it's not like I want to at all, you know what they're like though, I'll be grounded for eternity if I don't do this" I sighed in despair,

"It's not fair, it's not fair, it's not fair, IT'S NOT!-"

CRASH, CLANG, CLANG

"Princess Roxanne, Prince Zenith, we have intruders, I've been ordered to safely escort you to the throne room" Intruded a guard,

My little sister clinging on my arm as we walked past the garden, I saw 3 figures being surrounded by the guards- all the excitement and anticipation happening down there, that I'm missing...

If this is truly my last night of excitement, then I have nothing to lose if I join in. I swiftly slipped away while whispering Rara I'd meet her later. I wonder what idiots thought they could get in while all the guards are training and alert.

Ellesie's POV

5 minutes earlier

"Okay, I'll be on lookout, Ellie you go left, I'll go right, Ellesie, you'll go for the flower you want, we've got your back. I'm going to be blunt, get in,get out."

"Yeah no distractions El, you've got less than 5 minutes as we speak. GOGOGO!"

I sped up the wall , safely landing in the bushes, examining my surroundings first and then sprinting to the flower that was so loved by the one I loved.

I loathed the flower really, getting to see him everyday, being watched by his warm gaze, as he holds its hand...pulls you close..

No,no time to reminisce stupid false fantasies, I have to grab and go,before somehow someone coincidentally catches me- I mean that could never happen, right?.

I stuffed the flower into my pouch and took one last look before I started to finally leave.

"OI!, what do you think your doing!, GUARDS, GARDEN, INTRUDERS!"

Oh shit, it was the gardener, fuck,fuck,fuck, I saw my friends heads pop over the wall, my feet got stuck, no, my body. I couldn't move, my heart started racing and my cheeks started flaring up, I saw him. I saw him in the window, his window. What if he sees me, what will he think of me...

"ELLE, GET THE FUCK UP NOW!", Aeiren shouted, glaring at me, obviously figuring out was happening.

Ellie was the first to jump, she dragged me to the wall- but it was too late, they had come, everything started to fizz up, my vision went blurry and I fell to the ground, I just managed to say,

"Run..I'll be fine, I always get out, go..",

Ellie looked back at me in disbelief still trying to shake me to my instincts, even though ellie was trying her hardest, Aeiren had jumped as well and grabbed her- they had gone. So did my vision.

Zenith's POV

Ah, how unlucky, the others must of gotten away, quite mean to leave their teammate to get caught- ah well, I guess that's just business.

" My Prince, what are you doing here, I thought you were ordered to be escorted to the throne room" bowed the knight, Samuel

"Well Sir Samuel, I thought I'd better have a word with the intruder-, show him to me" I ordered the boy with the intruder, it seemed they bagged his head already.

"Yes sire, though I have to correct you, it's a woman"

Interesting, what would a lowely female think she would accomplish wondering around the palace.

Oh...no- it can't be!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

732K 18.4K 55
"Real lifeမှာ စကေးကြမ်းလွန်းတဲ့ စနိုက်ကြော်ဆိုတာမရှိဘူး ပျော်ဝင်သွားတဲ့ယောကျာ်းဆိုတာပဲရှိတယ်" "ခေါင်းလေးပဲညိတ်ပေး Bae မင်းငြီးငွေ့ရလောက်အောင်အထိ ငါချ...
3.3M 211K 92
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
645K 54K 32
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...
3.6M 153K 61
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...