𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐲 | q. fabr...

De mayasbitxh

in which the sassy younger hummel and the perfect cheerleader find love in a way they never thought they woul... Mai multe

cast
Pilot
Showmance
Acafellas
Preggers
The Rhodes Not Taken
Vitamin D
Throwdown
Mash-Up
Wheels
Ballad
Mattresses
Sectionals
The Power Of Madonna
Home
Bad Reputation
Theatricality
Journey To Regionals
season two cast
Audition
Britney/Brittany
Grilled Cheesus
Duets
Never Been Kissed
The Substitute
Furt
Special Education
The Sue Sylvester Shuffle
Silly Love Songs
Comeback
Blame It On The Alcohol
Sexy
Original Song
Born This Way
Rumors
Prom Queen
New York
season three cast
The Purple Piano Project
I Am Unicorn
Asian F
Pot O Gold
The First Time
Mash Off
I Kissed A Girl
Hold On To Sixteen
What If...?
Michael
Heart
On My Way
Big Brother
Dance With Somebody
Choke
Prom-asaurus
Nationals
Goodbye
season four cast
The New Rachel
Britney 2.0
Makeover
The Break Up
The Role You Were Born To Play
Gleathers
Dynamic Duets
Thanksgiving
Swan Song
Sadie Hawkins
Diva
I Do
Girls (and Boys) on Film
Guilty Pleasures
Shooting Star
All or Nothing
season 5a cast
Love, Love, Love
Tina in the Sky with Diamonds
A Katy or a Gaga
Trio
City of Angels
100
New Directions
season 5b cast
Welcome To New York
Family Dynamic
Bash
Get It Right
You Are In Love
Opening Night
The Back-Up Plan
Old Dog, New Tricks
The Untitled Rachel Berry Project
season six cast
Homecoming
Jagged Little Tapestry
A Wedding
Dreams Come True
thank you

Loss of Innocence

1.3K 57 4
De mayasbitxh

a/n - this is just a filler chapter since i'm skipping to all or nothing because everything after shooting star is kinda boring and i can't be bothered to write that 🤷‍♀️

Adalynn laid on her bed. The curtains of her room were closed, and only a small sliver of sunlight drifted in. Oreo was curled up close to her, his head resting on her shoulder as she held him. Silent tears streamed down her face as flashbacks from the previous week played over and over again, each time more scarier than the last.

She hadn't been to school since the incident, and neither had Bailey. They often spent their days on silent phone calls with each other, or one of them would go over to the others house. Adalynn assumed that Bailey was against going back because she wouldn't be able to take the twins with her, but deep down she knew it was because of the same PTSD and trauma that she was feeling.

A knock on the door brought Adalynn out of her thoughts. She sat up and used the sleeves of Finn's letterman jacket to wipe the tears off her cheeks as Carole walked in.

"Hi, sweetie," the woman gently greeted with a soft smile.

"Hey," Adalynn numbly said as she hugged Finn's letterman close to her.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"I guess."

"Okay... um, the Pierce's are here," said Carole. "Brittany brought your schoolwork for today, and Bailey brought the twins with her."

"What's the catch?" Adalynn asked, raising a brow.

"Your dad and I and Mr. and Mrs. Pierce wanted to talk to you guys about something."

"It's about not taking the twins to school anymore, isn't it?"

Carole sighed and nodded. "It's for their safety," she said. "Just, come downstairs with me, okay?"

Adalynn scooped Oreo up in her arms and held him protectively as she went downstairs with Carole. Everyone was gathered in the living room, and Adalynn sat down in between Brittany and Bailey on the couch.

The twins were unusually chipper considering what they went through, and they seemed to be heeling a lot easier than the three teens. Even though she had gone back to school, Brittany didn't dare to ever leave the classroom unless it was to switch classes. They all still flinched every time a locker or a door slammed shut, and the two younger girls were too terrified to leave their homes.

"Reo," Ava cooed, gently petting the frenchie on the head before crawling up onto the couch and wiggling herself between Adalynn and Brittany. "Pwetty puppy. Bri, es a puppy."

"Can you say Oreo?" Brittany asked.

"Reo," Ava said, hugging the young frenchie in Adalynn's arms.

"Where's Julian?" Burt asked.

"Here," Julian said as he walked into the living room and sat down cross-legged on the floor in front of the couch.

"Okay," Burt began, clapping his hands together, causing Julian to flinch as he remembered how Mr. Schue had done that as the first gunshot fired. "So, for a while, we've been letting some things slide, and we as adults haven't put our foot down."

"We know how much you love taking the twins to school with you," said Whitney. "But their safety is the most important thing. They're so young, and they shouldn't have had to go through that."

"None of you should have had to go through that," said Pierce. "And, believe me, I interrogated Lord Tubbington because I thought he might have been the one doing the shooting."

"Dad, some moron on the football team came to school with a rifle and shot the place up," said Bailey.

"Oh..."

"Look, we're gonna get straight to the point," said Burt. "Carole, Pierce, Whitney and I talked it over, and we want the twins to stay at home during the week while you kids are at school."

"No!" Ava whined, hugging Adalynn's arm and leaning into her. "No, me stay wit Ada. Me go wit Mommy to sool."

"Mommy, no go," Maya pouted, leaning into Bailey's chest.

"Uncle Burt, they need to be with their parents," said Julian. "That was the whole point of them going to school with us in the first place."

"Yes, and that was a mistake on our part," Carole said as the four teenagers frowned. "We've talked it over, and we're gonna switch off watching the twins during the day while you kids are at school."

"Whitney and Pierce will take care of them during the morning and then drop them off here when they leave for work," said Burt. "Carole will keep an eye on them while I take care of things at the tire shop, and then I'll bring them up to the school when I pick you guys up from Glee Club."

"No."

"Not gonna happen."

"Absolutely not."

"The adults are right."

The three turned to look at Adalynn, not at all expecting her to agree with their parents. She set Oreo down on the floor before standing up and facing her friends.

"What happened on Friday was the scariest moment of my life, and my worst fear was that Maya and Ava were gonna die," said Adalynn. "Bailey, it's your job as a mother to put your children's needs before your own. Julian, you're an idiot. You've always been an idiot, but for you to not realize that we've put their lives in danger by taking them to school with us is probably the most stupid thing you've ever done. I love them. I love the twins more than I love myself, and their safety is the most important thing."

"Adalynn's right," Julian sighed. "As soon as the first shot fired they were in tears. Keeping them calm was so hard, and everyone in that choir room was at risk of dying if the shooter got in. If we think our PTSD is bad, imagine how bad it is for them. They're so little, and they shouldn't have had to go through that."

"We're not doing it to be mean, but, as parents, your children's safety should be your number one concern," Burt said as he looked between Bailey and Julian, who exchanged a look.

"We know how much spending time with the twins means to you, and I know 7 and a half hours apart while you guys are at school seems like a long time, but it'll be over soon and you'll be reunited with them before you know it," said Whitney.

"But... but..." Bailey protectively held Maya close to her as she thought about everything bad that happened at McKinley that put her children in danger. There were jocks throwing slushies at people, physical fights breaking out every couple weeks, food fights, and now a shooting.

What kind of a mother am I?

"Bay, they're gonna be okay," Brittany said as Ava pouted.

"Bri, no," the younger twin whined.

"I found a place where they can start early preschool as soon as they turn two," said Burt. "They'll be around kids their own age and they'll be able to–"

"You're gonna force the babies to learn?!" Julian gasped. "They're babies. Don't force them to learn math, and science, and all that other dumb stuff."

"Julian, stop talking," Bailey silenced the young adult.

"It would be easier on everyone if they had some place they could go during the day so they wouldn't be passed around from place to place five days a week," said Carole.

"Just think about it," said Whitney. "You don't have to make a decision right away, but when you go back, the twins are gonna stay home. It's what's best for them."

****

Bailey laid curled up with Ava and Maya on her bed. She spent the evening reading children's books to them to distract herself from all the thoughts in her head.

Truth be told, she was scared.

She was scared to go to school. She was scared of being separated from the twins. She was scared of graduation. She was scared of growing up.

Something was taken from her – and everyone – that day. Their innocence had been taken, and their eyes were opened up to how cruel the world really is. With graduation just months away, she was going to be thrown into that cruel world without anyone to protect her.

She'd had nightmares almost every night, and each one included something bad happening to someone she cared about. She had no idea what the twins were going through, but she was often awoken in the night by whining or crying on the baby monitor.

What happened was traumatic, and she hated herself for putting her kids' lives in danger. They shouldn't have had their innocence taken away from them so young.

"Maybe early preschool wouldn't be such a bad idea," Bailey whispered to herself as she looked at the sleeping almost-two year olds curled up beside her. She gently brushed Ava's blonde hair out of her face before kissing her forehead. The younger twin murmured softly and hugged her teddy bear closer to her.

"Mommy?" Maya spoke up in a quiet whisper.

"Yeah, sweetie?" Bailey asked, sitting up and pulling her oldest child into her lap.

"Gamma say me an Awa no go sool. Why? Besus bad guy?"

"It's safer for you to stay at home, Maya," Bailey said, frowning when the baby pouted.

"Safe?" Maya asked. "Me an Awa safe?"

"You're safe, angel," the young mother said as she kissed her daughter's forehead. "Get some sleep, okay?"

"Okay, Mommy," the older twin said as she crawled off of Bailey's lap. She pulled her baby blanket over her and cuddled close to her sister, who was sleeping peacefully.

Bailey turned off the lamp that sat on her bedside table. She took a few deep breaths to calm her racing mind as she too tried to get some sleep.

She and Adalynn made a deal that they'd go back to school on Monday, which meant she had the weekend to rest and prepare herself.

The twins will be okay.

You worry too much.

Everything's going to be okay.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

237K 11.1K 101
in which the diva's half sister finds love with the bitchy latina and the ditzy blonde. what could go wrong? [ santana lopez x brittany pierce x fema...
269K 8.1K 82
in which the feisty foster kid and the bitchy latina find themselves feeling things they never thought they would. and it all started because of glee...
23.8K 1.3K 15
In where two girls hold a secret that comes back to bite them in the ass. Only to leave their hearts singing. Quinn Fabray x G!P OC Season 1-? I do...
3.6K 178 7
In where two teenagers hold a secret that comes back to bite them in the ass. Only to leave them with their perfect mistake. Quinn Fabray x male oc ...