Oblivion|| Choi Beomgyu

By CBeomgyulyp

Originally published 2019-2020 {2022 Version} God/Goddess Au "When I tell you I love you, I don't say it out... More

| PROLOGUE |
| Spotify Playlist |
| 01 |
| 02 |
| 03 |
| 04 |
| 05 |
| 06 |
| 07 |
| 08 |
| 09 |
| 10 |
| 11 |
| 12 |
| 13 |
| 14 |
| 16 |
| 17 |
| 18 |
| 19 |
| 20 |
| 21 |
| 22 |
| 23 |
| EPILOGUE |

| 15 |

1.5K 96 108
By CBeomgyulyp

With careful movements, you slowly removed your hand that was locked around his delicate hold. Trying your best to keep quiet when you saw how his hands twitched after your warmth soon slipped away from his fingers.

"You don't have to be careful, I was not sleeping" Beomgyu's hushed voice spoke to you. Startling you.

You put out a small smile to somewhat cover the blush of embarrassment that rushed up to your cheeks. Looking over your shoulder, your eyes met his pair, his eyes were dreamy and still heavy when they rest on you.

"Good morning... and um, I'm surprised that you stayed, given the fact that you don't even sleep" You pointed out under the bright morning rays of sunlight peeking through the windows as the strings of light decorated your whole room and the man beside you.

Some streaks of his hair were falling in front of his eyes, they created an alluring gaze that captured your heart to beat for him once again. You wanted to stand, jump and run away for this was the first thing you saw today. His handsome face.

"I suddenly felt calm from the moment you closed your eyes last night and on how you held me, I just decided to relish the moment of you in my arms by closing my eyes with you" From the moment his mouth let go of those heart fluttering words, you opened your mouth to say something but in a result, you can only close them again, like a fish out of the water as you couldn't find the words to say.

You can see the way the end of his mouth twitched up into a grin, completely losing you.

"Speechless?" He continues.

With your hands closing into a fist around the pillow close to you, you playfully clashed it to his body.

"You can't just do that!" You said, panting from the chunk of energy that one swing took from you.

"Do what?" Beomgyu follows, tilting his head to the side with the bangs that were hovering over his eyes also falling to the side.

Dug, dug, dug.

"You're going to be the death of me" You sighed, hands coming up to your chest where your heart was still panicking from his affection.

"Oh, I hope so" You heard him say with an amused smile.

From your distance, you can see the way his adam's apple bobbed up and down, his side profile in full view with the way he carefully ran his fingers through his hair. Your focus was soon dragged back to earth when you heard three knocks coming from your bedroom door, panicking, you only realized that it was the servants that will help you get ready for the day and you have a man in your room! No, throw that away! You have the God of Death in your room!

Amid your panicked state, you felt a pair of soft lips on top of your head, calming your rushed tides and dragging you back to focus on him. There he was, Beomgyu, now kneeling in front of you as you were still seated on the edge of your bed.

He had his hands placed on top of your thighs as he looked up at you with a smile before the view in front of you was replaced by a black fog. He teleported his way out.
___
With an aching soul, you closed your eyes when a new problem arises from the back of your mind. The marriage. How will you face it? How will you break free from the plans that your parents are doing behind your back? Will Beomgyu still stay with you?

As you continued to walk down the empty corridors of your palace, the ends of your dress touched the marbled floors at every step that you'll take, the satin and lace clothing which was in the color of golden coffee portrayed the lives living with you and the beige cloak that had crystalized butterflies decorating the hood made you miss the times where you would sneak out to go to the forest just to read your books.

From all of the time that you were walking, your right hand was clasped around the red diamond charm around your neck, as if you were protecting it from any danger as the world may see it. You're not safe now for at any given moment, your freedom might get taken away from you.

Arriving at an indoor balcony that overlooks the first floor, the chandelier swayed elegantly in the middle as you were lost in your thoughts when your eyes lingered on your mother and father from below. They were in the middle of talking about something, their voices soft and hushed to hear from anyone.

Tightening your grip around the necklace that your lover gave you, you mastered the courage to discuss the marriage with them. You wanted to run, to scream your feelings and how you'll never choose to love another when you already have someone loving you.

Grabbing the front of your dress so that you wouldn't trip your way down the stairs, every sound of your heels meeting the floors also matched the rapid beating of your heart at this very moment.

"Father! Mother!" You finally voiced, walking your way to be with them.

They both turned their attention to you, their eyes never leaving your presence unnoticed.

"What is it?" Your mother asked, breaking the cold seconds you fused.

Breathing out a heavy sigh, you clasped your hands together before releasing your words in a powerful matter. Like a goddess, you are to them.

"It's about the marriage" You started, exchanging looks between your parents.

"If the marriage is your concern then don't waste a fret! I've got it all under control-"

"It's not that! I'm just stuck in the thought that how come I don't know any of this? And Haru? Why must it be him?" You fired questions after the other, your hands that you held together to keep you calm were now broken free by a new form of tight fists under your rage.

"It's because he's the God of Love and having the two most important divinities tied together as one will create a new future who will come!" Your father shouted, his loud voice filling the spacious room all around.

"Is love an important entity for me to be longing for it? I could get love from all around without planning on marrying the one responsible for it" You mentioned, having no reason to fight that love is a wrong feeling for you're already showing it to someone else but, the one that your parents are showing you right now is not the love that a daughter wishes for.

"Why are you so against Haru? Are you perhaps already in love with someone?!"

"Yes-"

"The whole marriage information must be striking a scare on her, I'm sorry for that, we're still talking about the marriage under closed doors but it's taking me time to catch her agreement" Haru's voice suddenly came close to you with the feeling of his hand resting on the small of your back. His touch alone sent you a warning to keep your mouth shut.

"Oh, if that's all that it is, Haru would you mind discussing with us the final preparations?" You could only bite your lips in pain, your eyes were sending your mind an alarm for your tears will fall at any moment now. Your voice was gone as it was now hoarse under choked sobs.

Breaking free from Haru's touch harshly, you turned your back behind the three with heavy steps as you felt the heaviness of it all slowly taking over you. You wanted to be heard but no one listens, you wanted to be noticed but they were quick to focus on something else.

"Why must it be this hard to live??" 

How funny must it be that the goddess of life is struggling with her role in life? She's struggling to live.

You had your head hung low in wishes that no one would see you but a hand suddenly found its way around your wrist, stopping you from taking another step forward. Slowly, you looked up, eyelashes heavy with stray tears as your eyes found Beomgyu's.
___
"So you heard everything?" You broke the remaining silence between the two of you, he had his back facing you as he was occupied with the view in front of him, you were back here in the river with him but now the sun was out and alive.

You watched as Beomgyu slowly nodded his head in response. You waited for him to say more, to voice his thoughts out to you. When you didn't get a further response, you put out a light sigh and took a step closer to stand beside him, shoulders touching underneath the quiet world where there are still sharp whispers pulling you away from him.

"Y/n"

"Yes?" You were quick to ask, looking over your shoulder to see the way his jaw clenched.

"Promise me that you won't say yes to him" Beomgyu finishes with a whisper before looking down at the ground.

The heavy thoughts were taking over his mind that you might love him now and choose him, you will eventually break away from the moment you'll meet the eyes of the God of Love under the altar. He might just be the other man in the history books.

"I promise and If I can't cancel the marriage now, I'll just say my deepest decision in saying no in front of everyone because after that... I'll be in your arms so that we'll both be at ease" You put out a small smile, reminiscing what happened earlier, your heart was whole and happy just by being with him.

The sound of the water running down the river created a new atmosphere between the two of you along with the birds chirping by your side, slowly you leaned your head on his shoulder.

"Your birthday is soon" Beomgyu's voice came close, vibrating beside your ear as you felt his arm circling your waist from behind to keep you close. The heavy boulders on your shoulders quickly vanished from the moment he took your wrist earlier and he didn't let go, you allowed him to see you at your weakest for your enemies are your parents now.

"You need to be ready because your mortal life is now coming to a pause. The full power of immortality and being divine has its good and bad... I hope you're ready for it"

"Can't I just stay here? With you? I don't want to go back..." You whispered under a heavy breath before nuzzling your head into his shoulder.

"What are you saying? You've always been with me" Beomgyu replied. "Death and the living are always together, my love for you will reach the Celestia and come back to remind you of the smallest thing that you might forget, even if it may be my growing love for you"

"I'm starting to think that you might be more in love with me than I am with you," You said playfully.

"Oh darling, you don't know a thing..."
___
Watching the grand double doors open for you and Beomgyu, the throne room was now empty from the presence of your parents along with Haru but it was now replaced by Hueningkai and the others for they seemed to be waiting for the two of you.

"Glad you two finally came back" Hueningkai was the first to talk, his white cloak following him as he took steps to be closer to you.

"What is it?" You asked all of them.

"Beomgyu, haven't you received an epistle from Shun?" Taehyun asked further, showing a piece of letter from his distance.

"No, not yet"

"All of us received an epistle from our close servant just this morning"

"Care to tell what is it all about and not just leave stray fucking hints that you all received a letter?" Beomgyu said with pure annoyance lacing his tone of voice before watching Yeonjun flipping his paper open.

"The Goddess of Lightning will come later tonight as a special guest for Y/n's birthday"

"Rai? She's coming?" Beomgyu didn't sound annoyed anymore but more surprised.

"Yes, your dearest friend is coming" Hueningkai answered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 463 20
FALLEN ANGEL 🕷️ ─── ❛ in which :: a young women, whose an immortal demon, went on to punish five individual. tw // murder, r*pe, suicide, kidnappi...
5.6K 551 28
"I really didn't expect you to be this type of a doctor. I'm really disappointed" I said looking straight into his eyes. Even saying that I could hea...
253K 15.6K 40
[COMPLETED] "that's not a happy story." "Well, I don't live a happy life." --------- a yeonbin au in which a dark and depressed yeonjun meets a happy...
14.2K 466 36
Y/n have to decided who she want to be with. Between her first love or a guy who she just met. Writing a fanfic of my two bias in TXT. Hope you enj...