𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐞. || 𝐬𝐱𝐬

By niyaanextdoor_

"it's too late for apologies.. you meant what you said and i understand that. sorry if my feelings were too s... More

𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐑
𝟐
𝟑
𝟒
𝟓
𝟔
𝟕
𝟖
𝟗

𝟏

4K 121 113
By niyaanextdoor_

Chatari p.o.v
4:30 a.m

//comment and vote.. unedited.
a lot changed towards the end and i merged two chapters.

I woke up to my alarm going off and rolled over to turn it off. Before getting up, I stared at my empty walls for a while, trying to prepare my brain for the rest of my day.

After i finally got up, I looked through one of the many boxes on my floor for some clothes to throw on. A black t-shirt, gray sweats, and a jacket were all I had taken out the night before. Because I had already taken a shower last night, I didn't need to worry about that.

After taking my phone off the charger, I placed it on the empty dresser beside the bed. I folded the blanket I used last night and placed it on the edge of the bed. I looked around my room again. It was empty as hell. I quickly put my clothes on and stepped into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face.

I did what I had to do and packed my toothbrush into a box with other hygiene items. I put some socks and slides on then grabbed my keys and wallet off the dresser. I placed them in my pocket along with my phone.

The rest of my boxes were shoved out of my room into the hallway. My dad was sitting on his phone in the kitchen when I walked downstairs. He acknowledged my presence and put his phone down.

"Good morning. ¿Ya casi terminaste de empacar? It'll take a few hours to get to your mom's house."

"Yea, I just gotta put the rest of the boxes in the car" I mumbled walking past him and into the refrigerator to get a water bottle. As I was planning to stop somewhere for breakfast, I didn't bother looking for food.

"Ight just let me know when you're done" he replied, getting back on his phone after finishing saying what he had to say. My head nodded and I headed upstairs.

I checked the empty room again to make sure I hadn't left anything. The only things left were my old bed and dresser. I unplugged my charger from the wall and turned the lights off in the room.

I stuffed the charger into my pocket and picked up one of the boxes, I carried it downstairs and sat it down by the front door, I returned up upstairs and repeated the process until all the boxes were sitting beside the door. I had 16 boxes due to all the clothes I bought.

I opened the front door and walked outside to my dad's truck and sat the box beside it. I jogged back inside and asked my dad for the keys. He tossed them to me and I went back outside.

I unlocked the truck and loaded the box into the back seat. I wanted to put half of the boxes in his truck and half in my car. I filled his truck up with boxes and put the ones that didn't fit into my car's backseat, and trunk.

I wanted to drive by myself but my dad was willing to lead the way. I'd never driven by myself for a long period of time so he tagged along, plus I needed extra help transporting all my stuff.

I checked the time and it was 5:04 am. That didn't take as long as I thought it would. I couldn't find any fast food places open, and if there are, the food isn't very good.

I sat inside my car until my dad came outside and gave me the signal. As soon as he pulled out, I started my car and followed right behind him.

-three hours into the drive-

It's been three hours or so. I'm not as hungry as I thought I would be. We are coming from Memphis and going to Atlanta. I don't know who told these niggas to move this far away from each other knowing they share custody of me, but they need to do something about that.

My parents were best friends before anything. They thought being together was the right choice but you can see how that turned out. They still maintained a healthy relationship and being married would never work in their case.

My car was running low on gas, so I called my dad on FaceTime. The phone rang a few times before he picked up.

tenemos que parar en una gasolinera, me estoy quedando sin gasolina"

"Ight, we got one coming up on this exit according to the GPS, you got enough gas to last 5-8 minutes?"

"Yea, I think so. But if I get stranded in the middle of a highway, I'm blaming you." He chuckled at my response and shook his head.

"chica calla, sobre pinche dramatica niña" he laughed and turned his attention back on the road.

I hung the phone up and put my focus back on the road seeing that he had switched lanes. I switched to the lane he was in and followed him from there.

We pulled up to the gas station right on time because my car was past the empty mark. I got out of the car and walked into the gas station. I walked around and picked up a few things to snack on. I still have like 3 more hours of driving to do. I proceeded to the front and put all the food on the counter.

The cashier was this creepy woman with yellow teeth, she looked like she hadn't brushed her teeth in a while. She smiled and flashed her teeth at me. I smiled back to be polite, but I wanted to throw up.

"Will this be all for today?" she asked as she rang the stuff up.

Yea, but let me get 60 dollars on -" I paused to see what pump I parked at "-pump 5" I continued. She pushed a few buttons on the screen before replying to me.

"Okay.. and your total will be 84.05. Would you like a receipt?" She started placing my stuff in a bag. I pulled my wallet out and gave the girl a hundred dollar bill, and she gave me my change. I shook my head no at the offer of my receipt.

"Have a nice day." She had finished bagging everything so I grabbed the bag and left before she could say anything else.

I walked back out of the gas station to see a crack head hopping up and down the side of the store. I walked quickly to my car and avoided eye contact. As soon as you make eye contact with one of these niggas, they ask for shit. I would help him but last time I tried to do that I got robbed so I'm okay.

I unlocked my car door and threw snacks in the passenger seat before closing the door back. I opened my fuel tank and got to the gas pump.

I finished pumping my gas and headed to the other side of the gas machine thing to see if my dad was done. He had paid for his gas with his card at the pump. He was sitting in his car so I tapped his window, gave him a thumbs up and he did the same.

I went back around to my car and got in. I waited for my dad to pull off before doing the same.

-Five hours into the drive-

I only have an hour left before I see my mother. I haven't seen her in person since 8th grade middle school. I spent my freshman and sophomore year with my dad so I'm planning to spend my junior and senior year with my mom. I'm excited to see her. We FaceTime and text all the time but I'd rather be with her in person.

I tapped on my phone screen and looked at the time. It's only 10 am. I should be at her house at 11 something, 12pm at the latest. I'm honestly tired as hell but I got to stick it through. However, trust me, I'm taking a long nap when I get to her house.

My dad was calling so I sat my phone up on the dashboard and accepted his call. When the call connected, I refocused my attention on the road.

The GPS says we can take a shortcut and be there in 38 minutes instead of an hour, so follow behind me when I take this right turn. If you go too fast you're gonna miss it."

I said 'okay' and hung up. I did as he said and followed him.

-last few minutes of the drive-

"I drove into what looked like a middle/upper class neighborhood. I see she done upgraded.

My dad drove into a driveway and parked, so I drove up and parked in the same driveway. I looked to my right and saw my mom coming out of the front door.

I immediately got out of my car when I saw her. I ran up and hugged her, rocking her back and forth. "I missed you!" I squeezed her tightly before letting her out of the hug.

"I missed you too baby." She kissed my temple and then turned and opened her arms to my dad. They embraced each other and you could feel the love surrounding them. They let each other go after a few moments and my dad gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Despite being very much in love with each other, they had to separate for unknown reasons.

"Ima start getting the boxes" I said, my two parents gave me an "alright" and began to get lost in their own conversation.

I walked back to my car and unloaded all the boxes out of the car. Somewhere in the midst of me doing so, both of them came and helped me. Once we had all the boxes up by the front door we stepped in.

"Your room is upstairs the 2nd door to the left. I already got you a bed, mirror and dresser." I nodded and proceeded upstairs following the directions she gave me.

"Damn, this room's big as fuck." I felt a hand pop me in the back of my head. I turned around to see my mama standing there looking at me.

"My fault.." I apologized.

"Mhmm, I'm taking you shopping for your room tomorrow and we'll register you for school afterwards. You might start either Friday or Monday next week," she said while moving my hair out of my face.

"Ight but I need a nap so I'm finna hurry up and unpack these boxes so I can sleep." I yawned and stretched my arms out. It's really uncomfortable to sit for long periods of time in that car.

"Okay, I'm gonna wake you up later when I figure out the dinner situation." She said and then left.

-a few days later-

I walked around the mall looking for places to shop, and my mom was probably in a bath and body works. After I got to her house on Monday, I finished getting my boxes and putting stuff up. As promised the next day she took me shopping for decorations. My dad left yesterday, and I will miss him, but it's not like I'll never be able to see him again.

We were now in the mall because I mentioned I wanted new outfits for school. I went and registered on Tuesday and should start tomorrow. I don't know why I'm starting on Friday but anyway.

I walked into Journey's and headed straight to graphic tees. These niggas will be quick to throw a Tupac picture on a black shirt and charge 30 dollars for it. I grabbed a few shirts and went to the checkout. The man rang my items up, I paid, and left.

I tried to find my mama and just like I thought she was in bath and body works. I walked up beside her and tapped her shoulder. She jumped a bit before turning around and realizing it was me, then hit me on my chest.

it's giving abusive if you ask me.

"Girl, what's wrong with you? You come into these people store scaring people. Get your light ass somewhere." she whisper-yelled.

It be your own people.

"es por eso que tu peluca se inclina" I mumbled walking away.

"Huh, I didn't hear you speak up," she said. I continued walking but stopped once I saw my favorite spray. I might dress like a little boy sometimes but that don't want to smell like one.

I picked up strawberry pound cake spray along with a few other things from around the store. I walked up to the line and waited. These folks always have a long ass line for no reason. A few minutes pass and I was on my phone scrolling on instagram when I heard the lady at the counter.

"NEXT!" Her voice echoed throughout the store. It was never necessary for her to be that loud.

I reached the counter and put all my stuff down. She rang it up while I reached for my wallet out of my back pocket.

"Your total is 115.30. Will that be cash or card?"

"Card." I got my debit card out and swiped it into the electronic machine thing. I put my PIN number in and waited for it to accept the transfer before removing it. I smiled at the lady and grabbed my bag.

I walked out of the store and walked around some more. I found a Nike store hidden at the corner of the mall and wandered in. They had hella shoes up on the wall. I really only like Dunks, Air Jordan 1's and Retros. I like a few other shoes but those three are my go-to's

I made my way around the store and ended up with a pair of Forces, 'military black' retro 4's, university red low dunks, and two pairs of Nike socks. I did the same thing I did in the last two stores and spent over 1k.

I already spent a lot today but this is what I saved my money for so I'm glad to take advantage of it. I checked my card balance and still had more than enough money.

All the money I have on that card is from allowances, birthday money, Christmas money, and my old job. There was also some money from doing odd jobs.

I texted my mother to tell her I would be in the food court when she was done doing whatever.

I spotted a place to sit and put all my bags on the table before sitting down. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a group of girls approaching me. However, I ignored it until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I'm not really a people person and random people touching me don't sit right. The only people I ever felt comfortable with were my parents and a childhood friend of mine.

I turned around and saw this creature staring at me like I was a piece of meat. I stared back at her with a mug on my face and I guess she took the hint and started to talk.

"hey, I'm Za'mera and I want you to take my number or whatever" she held her hand out to me. I'm guessing she wants me to put my phone in her hand. I looked over her appearance and she was okay, but I don't typically opt for feminine girls, so that's a no.

"No." I politely said and she stomped her big ass foot down like a toddler then tried to sit in my lap. I ain't never got up so damn fast in my life. I pushed her body off mine and fixed my clothes.

"Yo what the fuck is wrong with you? I just told you no." She looked at me like I was in the wrong, but I most definitely wasn't so i really don't care.

I grabbed my stuff and stepped over her body. "Weird ass girl" I walked off to another section and sat back down. My mother walked up a few minutes later with bags on top of bags. After we both made sure we got everything we wanted we headed towards the mall exit.

-at home-

I walked upstairs to my room and dropped all the bags off my arms and onto the floor. I jumped onto my bed, kicked my shoes off, and let my body relax against the cold sheets.

I forced myself out of the bed after a few minutes and checked the time. It's currently 5:06. I got up and brought my bags to my walk-in closet. The clothes I had just bought were hung up and my new shoes were stacked up along with the rest of them.

I straightened the rug up on the floor and moved some of my boxes to the side. I stood up fully and turned the lights off. I exited the closet and grabbed the rest of my bags.

I walked into the bathroom with a bag from Bath and Body Works in my hand. I took all the stuff out of the bag and set the sprays up on the counter. I put the body wash I got in my shower. I turned and got the lotions I bought out. I set the lotions up beside the sprays and exited the bathroom.

I want to buy a mini fridge for my room and some snacks. I thought about it for a bit before deciding to do it. I have a corner in my room with nothing in it.

I might as well.

I picked my shoes up from the floor and put them back on. I grabbed my keys and wallet off my dresser and left my room and went down the stairs. My mom was on the couch so I quickly told her what I was planning to do and she just told me to bring her some chocolate back.

I kissed her cheek and left the house. I got into my car and got my phone out to put Walmart on the GPS. It said the nearest Walmart was 30 minutes away, and who was going to drive all the way there and back? Not I.

I put Target on the GPS instead and it said one was 8 minutes away. I drove to where the GPS took me and pulled up to this big ass super target. I circled around the parking lot until I found a spot closer to the door. I got out and walked up to the store entrance and entered in.

I looked around at this big ass store. It had escalators, and elevators, a Sephora, and Starbucks. And that was just the first floor. I grabbed a basket and walked around until I found an aisle I was familiar with.

I found myself in the snack aisle and got all kinds of junk food. I had walked through about five aisles in total, and I found everything I wanted to put on my snack cart and into my mini fridge.

I wandered around the store again until I came across a section with all different types of mini refrigerators. I wanted a simple black one. I moved a few of those big ass boxes and found an all black one with silver handles that I liked. I felt my watch vibrate on my wrist so I took my phone out of my pocket to see my mom calling me.

"Yes ma'am?" I said after answering her call.

"Can you also get me a heating pad? I got a few cramps in my back." She replied. I heard her yawn so I knew she'd be out like a light when i got home.

"Ok, anything else you need?" I asked.

"No that's it. See you when you get home. love you" she said.

"Love you t-" she hung up and I mugged my phone. I should let her sit there with those damn cramps and suffer. I stuffed my phone into my back pocket and got back to what I was doing. I got the mini fridge I wanted and lifted it into the basket.

I circled back around the store until I found the heating pads. Originally, it was for her back, so I got a medium size. I threw it into the cart along with all the other things I plan on buying. At this point my cart was filled to the brim, but I still wasn't done shopping.

Having been in the store for almost an hour, I went to the self-checkout area. I hauled this hefty ass basket to the front of the store, rang up and bagged my items. I know I lost my damn mind because I spent over one thousand dollars at a damn Target.

I checked the time and it was 6:30. I hauled my ass out of Target and walked to my car. I stuffed everything into my back seat and trunk.

✰✰✰:
y'all like this new version so far? yes, no, maybe so?
there still might be some mistakes somewhere or this chapter still might seem like a drag but bare with me here.
pleaseeee comment + vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

I'm so sorry By

Fanfiction

17.5K 1.1K 27
"ro I'm sorry I didn't mean to I --" " it's fine I understand that I'm not good enough for u" it's not like that please listen and please sit down yo...
30.8K 1.7K 55
"You want me gone that bad fine,I'll leave,its not like I enjoyed your company too" "Shut up human" "Dont you dare raise your voice at me dog" Ok tha...
31.2K 1K 27
My last thought hit me. "I'm really sorry." Those would be my last words. Funny, isn't it? How we never know what our last words will be?
60 0 4
"You're not sorry you cheated, Theo. You're just sorry you got caught."