The Business Contract

Oleh quengdem

"Look I lost my job today and I'm really not having a good day, and to be quite honest I'm sick of rich fucks... Lebih Banyak

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
*Character fun facts!*
Merry Christmas! πŸŽ„πŸŽ„
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Suprise!!!!!!!!!
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue
Spin off
Happy 69k reads
Readssss‼️‼️

Chapter 40

1.1K 62 1
Oleh quengdem

Trina P.O.V

Ross called me back and we talked all night long. I can't believe there was so much depth to him that I never thought about.

He told me about his parents, how his father became leader of the faction and brought it down south with his mom to live more peacefully.

He talked more about Anais and his sister Ellie. He said he and his parents suspect that Ellie went off and get secretly married. She's always been very secretive. Which is something I could sense when I met her.

He also told me about Yura taking Mack's place because Mack is going to be "out of office" for a few months.

When I fell asleep, I woke up around 4am and he was still on the phone softly snoring.

As I got up to go down stairs to get a drink of water my sister is sitting in the chair beside the window looking out at the sleeping city.

"Leah?" I go over to her who is startled.

"Oh!" She giggles after the fright, "Hey sissy." She looks up at me.

"What's up? Can't sleep?" I ask.

"I was working on tomorrows curriculum but then I started to miss home a little bit." She says.

"It is a big change isn't it." I sit down rubbing her back.

"I'm doing everything I've ever wanted, I'm teaching at an HBCU, the pay is amazing. I easily slid in and adapted." She explains. "I don't know maybe I'm just missing something."

I just listen.

"A handsome man approached me today on my lunch break at work." She begins.

"Ohh!?" I get excited.

"So at first I thought, he was maybe a student but it turned out he was a guest who was asked to come give a speech to undergrads and gradates." She begins, "he approached me and then apologized because he thought from behind I was you."

"Then I thought, My sister is so beautiful, and she knows everyone and everyone knows her, what legacy will I leave behind. Will I be know was Taleah or just Trina's sister." She opens up honestly to me.

I just sit and take it in.

"I'm sorry I don't mean to sound jealous or upset because I love you sissy, I just want to be recognized for myself." She says.

"I understand, and I don't ever want you to stand in my shadow because we are completely different people with different goals in life." I reassure her. "But that doesn't mean that I won't help you, because I believe heavily in nepotism." I say firmly.

"I understand sis, but I don't want anymore leg ups until I've accomplished my own goals." She tells me.

"I understand, although it's gonna be hard for me, and you know Ross..." I warn.

"I know." She laughs.

"Well tell me more about the guy, what did he look like? He might only know me. And I mean we are sisters we look very similar." I say

"He actually spoke to me for a while. He says he has his own company called JenTek. And he also helps his friend out at Wyles inc. When I heard that name I instantly scoffed so he began saying that he's not like his friend and he trying to lead him in the right direction." She recalls while smirking.

Coming to Mark's defense. "Mark is a good guy, him and Jonathan have been friends since college. He's always been very level headed. Very smart, that's probably why he took over his fathers tech business and I even helped him in his financial department on the side." I smile. "Without Jonathan knowing of course."

She looks down smirking then up at me. "He gave me his number."

"What!?" I freak out.

"What??" She laughs.

"Mark Jenkins, owner of JenTek gave you his number! Houston's no. Nine on the hot single bachelors list gave you his number!" I enthuse and boost him up. "Mark literally focuses on his career, if he's ever had any relationships he's been very very very private about them."

"Why me?" She crosses her legs pulling them to her chest and wiggles her pretty manicured feet.

"Why not you!? Look at you!? Look at mom! Look at me!? I can't say much for our brothers because they're hurt but we are fine as fuck." I say

She just busts out laughing.

"So of all things that keeps Leah up at night, it's a successful, handsome black man giving her his number." I tease.

"Trin, I've never been in a relationship... can you even believe it? Twenty four and still a virgin and never been kissed or in a relationship."

This is news to me as I am shocked.

"WHAT!?" I say louder then expected. "Where have I been!? Actually I would have been a bad role model." I say lowly.

She just giggles.

"Sissy, having your virginity in tact is so wonderful and beautiful. As well as Not having your first kiss." I encourage her. "I can't tell you how much I wish I could get both of mine back." 

"I was just so focused on college and graduating in the top ten percent, making mom and papa happy, and honestly leaving some kind of legacy behind me like you are." She says "Relationships and love just kinda escaped me, then I became fearful of them when I seen how publicly Jonathan embarrassed you."

I listen and nod.
" 'A wise man once said 'you may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.'" I recite the words.

"What does that even mean." She says.

"It means if you do nothing you will regret it more then doing it." I say before kissing her on the forehead.
"Lastly, I will never ever be in competition with you, if I ever had to give up all of my life's work for you. I'd do it in a heartbreak because you, family, and love are so much more important. My legacy will survive simply because I do." I give her my water before going back upstairs.

"Love you babes." I shout from upstairs

"I love you too." She shouts back.

As I lay back in bed I still hear a softly snoring Ross. But I hear shuffling in the background.

"Hello!? Ross wake up?" I shout.

"Huh?" He wakes up "what the-, who the fuck are you people!?" He shouts. Then I hear the phone drop and I hear a lot of shuffling.

"Get him!" I hear a man in the background say.

"Ross!!" I shout as my heart is beating hard

"Daddy!?" I hear Anais and my heart drops.

"No! Baby go!" He shouts before I hear more grunting and shuffling "Get the fuck back!" I hear Ross yell then I hear three gunshots.

Following the three shots I hear two more.

"Ross!, Ross!! Is Anais okay!! Answer me!?" I'm shouting and my sister is now upstairs hugging me as she heard the gunshots.

Things go silent for a split second then I hear Anais screaming and crying.

"Come here baby!" He calls for her.

I'm crying as I hold the phone tightly.

"Hello." He grunts on the phone as I hear a crying toddler in the back ground as he tries to quiet her.

"Are you okay?!" I shout.

"I've been shot. But it's a flesh wound. Can you come to me?" He asks.

"Y-yes, send the address, me and Leah will come." I say quickly getting up.

He grunts as Anais finally calms down a little bit. Then my phone vibrates as he sends his address

"Leah call the police and send them to this address." I say.

"No! Don't involve the police. This is bigger then them. Plus they'll try and take Anais or something." He grunts. "I just need to stay awake long enough for you to get here then you gotta call Mack and he will call the appropriate people."

"Okay." I say as my hands are shaking.

I quickly hurry down stairs and me and Leah rush out the door.

—————————————————————————————————————
A/N: 😢 They tried to sneak my homie.
Ross: Nah, you're still mad about the elevator joke..
A/N: Queue. The. Music.
Ross: (passes out from blood loss)
A/N: 😨😰

Don't forget to ⭐️💬🗣️
-chuu💋

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

249K 5.7K 47
'For The Mafia' Series - Book 2 of 3! Read Book 1 - Made For The Mafia - before reading this book and the synopsis below to avoid spoilers! ~~~ It's...
441K 18.3K 42
γ€Ž π™‰π™Š π˜Ώπ™Šπ™π˜½π™ 』 What happens when a 22-year old lands a job in a restaurant, and meets the owner's son. Excerpt from book: γ€Š His voice was...
515K 10.8K 36
{MAFIA ROMANCE} "You, Aria, are like a piece of music that I could listen to, over and over again, and never get tired of hearing." Aria Remington w...
13.8K 380 26
The strong pull to her. The desire to have something you never thought you would want again. A glance turned into an obsession. And he would stop at...