Classroom of the elite: Perfe...

By VoidCeremonist

Sia Hirano is an anomaly. Someone who is more akin to a machine than a human. Her raw processing power and sp... More

OC Introduction
Chess - Snippet
Chapter 1: First meetings
Chapter 3: Let's play again
Chapter 4: Sakura Airi/Clubs
Chapter 5: Swimming class
Chapter 6: First of May
Chapter 7: Scores
Chapter 8: Study group
Chapter 9: Piano and calligraphy
Chapter 10: Wrong contents
Chapter 11: Mid term
Chapter 12: Revoking the expulsion

Chapter 2: Introductions

1.4K 72 1
By VoidCeremonist

A 100,000 yen?

That is quite a considerable amount of money to give students as a monthly allowance. Especially as this school is supposed to prepare the students for our society, giving out 100,000 yen as a monthly allowance was quite suspicious.

However, it was still early to judge, so I let our teacher, Chibashira-sensei, resume her explanation of the school's rules.

"Were you guys surprised by the amount of points given? This school measures the abilities of students. Everyone here, who passed the entrance exam, has shown some level of merit and worth. The amount of money is a reflection of your skills. Use without holding back. After graduation, however, all the points will be taken back. Since it's impossible to change these points into cash, there's no point in saving up the points. How the points are used are up to you. Use it on things you like or need. If you feel that no use for some of your points, you can always transfer them to someone else. However, bullying other people for points is prohibited. The school is very strict on matters concerning bullying."

Chibashira-sensei paused for a second, giving us space to take in the information. The classroom was silent for a while before murmurs begin to spread throughout the students like a ripple of water.

"It isn't as strict of a school as I thought it would be."

"Seriously, 100,000 yen a month?"

While my classmates were seemingly delighted about the information they had just received, it bugged me in some way. I glanced at the site, spotting a few cameras on the ceiling.

"Well, she said that the school is quite strict on matters concerning bullying, so that would explain the cameras. Still, isn't that a little too much?"

Whispering to myself, I reassessed the information, before closing my eyes, sighing as I leaned back into my chair. With my head facing the ceiling, I knit my eyebrows.

No matter how I look at it, 100,000 yen a month seems a little too much. Let's replay that scenario in my head again.

'This school measures the abilities of students. Everyone here, who passed the entrance exam, has shown some level of merit and worth. The amount of money is a reflection of your skills.'

I'm certain that this is what she said. If we go by that explanation, then we get money corresponding to our achievements. Chibashira-sensei told us, that passing the entrance exam showcased our level of merit and worth, so...

Ah, I see.

Opening my eyes again, I leaned forward again, supporting my chin with my hands, as I stacked them on top of each other.

"It seems like no one has questions. Well then, please lead a good student life."

The murmurs had calmed down after a while. As nobody had any questions after the room went into silence again, Chibashira-sensei interpreted it as her cue to go and thus left the room again.

And once again, the students began to speak with each other, still bewildered by their "allowance".

"This much preferential treatment is a bit scary."

I could hear the black-haired girl whispering behind me. I didn't know whether she was talking to Ayanokoji or herself, but it seemed like an opportunity for me to butt in. After all, I had some information I wanted to share.

"This is not preferential treatment. It is just what we deserved for passing the entrance exam." I said as I turned around, facing both, Ayanokoji and the black-haired girl.

While Ayanokoji didn't react much, Horikita raised an eyebrow. I wonder if Ayanokoji didn't react because he already knew or just because he wasn't a very expressive person.

"That's quite obvious. It is expected that students who got into this school get preferential treatment, after all. Still, getting a monthly allowance of 100,000 yen still seems a little bit much."

I shook my head.

"No, you're not getting what I'm saying. She never said that we'll always get a monthly allowance of 100,000 yen. It is just what we get for passing the entrance exam."

Instead of the expression of understanding, I expected from the girl, Horikita from what I could read from her nameplate, she looked at me with confusion written all over her face.

"What do you mean?"

I rolled my eyes before glancing at Ayanokoji. He still didn't seem to react very much, but this time, he seemed more observant. Similar to a master martial artist judging the capabilities, of their opponent. Judging by that reaction, he already understood what I was saying and seemed to be quite surprised that I knew about it.

I grinned, ignoring Horikita's question.

"You already knew about it too, right?"

Ayanokoji didn't react for a moment. He then averted his eyes, before slightly tilting his head, as he spoke in his usual monotone voice.

"I don't know what you mean."

"Really?" I raised my eyebrow in response. "Then it seems like I was overthinking your reaction."

Well, reading other people was never one of my strengths anyway. I was quite sure, but it seems like I was just overthinking the situation.

"Hey! Stop ignoring me! What do you mean by that!"

Horikita seemed to be quite agitated, as she slightly raised her voice. 

"Ayanokoji, do you know what that girl is talking about?!"

She turned to Ayanokoji, asking him a question.

"No clue."

However, he only answered with a short sentence, not even bothering to turn his head to her. Mustering a weak smile, I started my explanation. Even though I wouldn't particularly call myself very social, I always loved learning and sharing information, so it was a situation I quite enjoyed.

"Look, Chibashira-sensei told us that we'll be evaluated by our merit, right? Our merit was already assessed by us passing the entrance exam, which is 100,000 yen. However, our merit could rise or fall depending on our performance."

I stopped before pointing to one of the cameras on the ceiling.

"Do you see that? It is probably not only there to watch over bullying, but also to evaluate us. However, this is all just speculation and I'm not 100% sure about it."

Even though my explanation made sense logically, there was still the possibility I was wrong, which is the reason why I avoided making clear statements. This is just what I've deducted from the small information we got.

Horikita thoughtfully stroked her chin, while whispering.

"This...makes sense..."

She seemed flabbergasted about my theory and focused her attention to me, opening her mouth.

"Just who are yo-"

However, she was interrupted by a male voice.

"Everyone, can you guys listen to me for a bit?"

A student who had the air of a young man raised his hand and spoke.

He looked like an honors student to me.

"Starting from today, we will be in the same class for the next three years. So, it would be great if all of us could introduce ourselves and become friends. We still have time until the entrance ceremony, so what do you think?"

I grimaced at the sight of his charismatic aura. He said something I hadn't even thought about and probably never would.

"I agree! After all, we don't know each other names, let alone anything about each other."

One person agreed and so, everyone else followed.

"My name is Hirata Yousuke. Because I was often called by my first name, Yousuke, in middle school, feel free to use my first name. Although I like all sports, I like soccer in particular, and also plan to play soccer at this school. Please take care of me."

Hirata, who proposed that the class introduce themselves smoothly and impeccably did his self-introduction.

His introduction was made up of 6 parts. First, he started off with his own name; then something about his past to familiarize us with him; after that, he gave us permission to do something, which made him seem generous and kind; followed by that action, he talked about his likes and his plans and finally ended his introduction with a small plead.

I sneered at his introduction. Not because it was bad, but because of the opposite. It is a test book way of introducing yourself, which I'd read in some books about socializing. However, I am pretty sure that he never read such books and did it all out of pure instinct.

He seemed like the popular guy everyone likes, which is just supported by the reaction of the girls around him. Seriously, he wasn't bad-looking or something, but that's all it took for you guys to fall in love?

Like this, Hirata became the central figure of the class, and would probably draw everyone's attention until we graduated.

"Well, if that was satisfactory... then, can we start self introductions from the beginning?"

Being smooth to the very end, Hirata asked for confirmation.

Although the first girl was perplexed and nervous, she soon made up her mind and stood up. The introduction round proceeded and each student in our class introduced themselves, showcasing their personalities with that.

"Then I'm next, right?"

The girl next to me stood up. She seemed cheerful to me and practically radiated a happy aura.

"My name is Kushida Kikyou, and since none of my friends from middle school came to this school, I want to get to know everyone and become friends!"

Most students had finished their greetings after a few words, but Kushida continued to talk.

"First of all, I want to become friends with everyone here. After all of you are done with your introductions, please exchange contact information with me!"

The structure of her introduction was similar to Hirata's but she seemed to go even further beyond, practically revealing her true feelings to everyone in the class.

Also, she seemed the type of person who would get along with everyone.

"Then, during vacations or after school, I want to make memories with many people, so please invite me to many events. I've been talking for a while, so I'll end my self-introduction here."

She would probably get along with all the boys and girls in the class.

Ending her introduction, she sat down again, causing me to sigh. I really didn't want to go through this but it just can't be helped, I guess.

"Then, the next one is───"

Hirata's eye locked with mine and with a deep breath, I stood up. Okay, SIa. Remember, you only have to follow the structure.

"My name is Sia Hirano. I've always struggled with making friends due to my ADHD, so I hope that I could make a few friends here."

I paused for a second, flashing a weak smile while tilting my head, which seemingly caused a positive reaction from the audience, most notably the male one. Even though I was just reading off the script in my head and copying movements from anime-characters, it seemed to go pretty well. 

"I like reading, coding, and playing chess. And uh.."

Thump

The sound of an eraser dropping to the ground, distracted me for a second, causing me to forget what I wanted to say. Pausing my own sentence, I tried to recall my script, but couldn't as it was something I didn't really try to memorize in the first place. I just stored it in my working memory, as I had originally intended to only say it once.

However, the major flaw of doing that is that my working memory is absolutely bad. I didn't expect to get distracted, thus immediately forgetting my script.

Losing all sense of what I wanted to say, I felt my cheek warm up, as I mustered a stiff smile, whispering in a quiet tone.

"...I forgot what I wanted to say..."

Feeling embarrassed by my unexpected blunder, I sat down again, burying my face into my arms. It seems like practical experience with socializing really is different than just theoretical knowledge of it.

I really suck at this.

"It's okay, Sia! It was really cute!"

The first girl who spoke up was Kushida, the girl who sat next to me, trying to encourage me. Only a few seconds later, all the other classmates joined in, but I was sure they were just trying to be nice.

Soon, the introduction round proceeded while my face was still buried in my arms, I was too embarrassed to raise my head.

As the introduction round proceeded, I could feel a light tug on the back of my school uniform.

"Don't be ashamed. Even though it wasn't your intention, your introduction had made a good impression on the class, especially the boys."

It was Ayanokoji, who tried to encourage me. However, instead of encouraging me, it stung my pride and his emotionless voice only fueled oil to the fire.

"Shut up, please." 

Grumbling, I slightly raised my head.

I know that he probably didn't judge me, but I just couldn't help but feel like a mistake right now.

Losing myself in my thoughts, I hadn't realized that it was Ayanokoji's turn to introduce himself. 

"Um... the next person───please introduce yourself."

"Eh?"

The next person seemed to be Ayanokoji. Even though I was still ashamed of my pathetic attempt, I was curious about how he would manage this task, thus raising my head and facing him.

"Well ...... Um, my name is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. The, er... there's nothing particular about me, I will do my best to get along with everyone, uh, nice to meet you."

After finishing his greeting he quickly sat down.

...well, that was quite something.

It was the kind of introduction nobody would ever remember. Except for me, that is. I found that kind of clumsy introduction cute in a way, thus forgetting all my embarrassment, which was then replaced with amusement.

"Nice to met you Ayanokouji-kun. I also want to get along with everyone, so let's do our best."

Hirata said with a refreshing smile.

Everyone then clapped. After the clapping quieted down, I was still turned to him and we locked eyes with each other.

I formed a wide, smug smile while talking in a mischievous voice.

"You did worse than me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74K 1.5K 19
What happens when someone from our world is transported into Cote but as a White Room student of the 4th generation. Join his adventure in the Cote u...
4.5K 127 17
With the goal and thought of achieving a peaceful school life in mind far from the experience of the White Room experiment, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka will...
80.6K 5.8K 43
"The Masterpiece had escaped." In order to be free of his pursuers, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka had found himself enrolling into the prestigious Advanced Nur...
25K 1.2K 26
Ayanakoji Kiyotaka never really thought about freedom until he met a certain blonde girl with the brightest shade of ruby eyes he has ever seen. His...