Escaping from terror - Leon K...

By LisaScottKennedy

[Butler's Daughter Series] [BOOK 3] After joining the American government, Lucia trains to become a, she hope... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - END
The new book is out!

Chapter 3

283 15 0
By LisaScottKennedy

"So..." I whispered as I took a sip of my hot chocolate, typing frenetically on my computer's keyboard with the other hand.

My final test was a week away, and I was fine-tuning the final details of my knowledge.

Gladly, the president had allowed me to access the government's database concerning bioweapons, so I decided to go for a bit of digging.

I sighed as I scratched my neck.

It was the T-Virus, huh...? At the White House.

Strange how quickly the virus spread, considering the fact that everyone is supposed to be vaccinated.

Why can't I access the data on the incident, though?

Maybe it has not been published yet.

I let my head fall.

Suddenly, my phone started to ring, so I quickly closed my computer, taking a look at the screen.

My eyes widened.

It's Leon...!

But strangely, after I picked up, nobody seemed to be at the other end of the line.

"Hello?" I said multiple times, waiting for some kind of answer.

But, it was deadly silent.

Strange...

He isn't the kind to call someone by accident.

I sighed as I hung up.

Whatever he'll call again if he really needed something.

After dropping my phone on the table, I finished my hot chocolate and went back to my research.

So I decided to go back right to the beginning and look for any kind of data related to the T-Virus.

That's where I saw an intriguing report explaining its beginnings in the Arklay Mountains.

However, the location of these mountains seemed to be a bit... nonexistent.

I looked for a map of the United States, trying to find these weird mountains, but nothing came out, even in the regular browser.

Strange.

Why are they mentioned only in this report?

I sighed.

As I continued on reading the original report, another name quickly came.

Raccoon City?

I smiled weirdly, dazing out for a minute.

If I don't find anything about this, it's definitely the most covered-up thing I've ever seen.

And, contrary to what I thought, a dozen reports popped up as soon as I entered the search.

Oh...?

I clicked on one of the files and started reading it, avid for knowledge.

Apparently, it seems like the virus has gotten out of the "Arklay Mountains."

I sighed as I realized I had finished my drink.

As I put my cup in the trash bin, I did not take my eyes off the computer.

This report is a real mine of information, it's crazy... the person who wrote this has worked hard.

Then, a series of details started to bother me.

"Almost no survivors...?"

I frowned.

"Around seventy thousand people have died." ...!

How come I've never heard of this before?!

After this report, I noticed there was some trivial data about the T-Virus, which was brief as it seemed to have been written by a witness.

As I finished reading the description of the virus, I continued on carefully reading the report, not skipping a single detail.

As I reached the end of the page, I almost dropped my cup as I read the author.

What...?!

Right in front of me, the name "Leon Scott Kennedy" was clearly appearing on the screen.

I closed the laptop instantly, trying to not scream.

Oh my god oh my god oh my god, Leon's involved.

I just...!

I slapped my forehead multiple times, feeling like I'd discovered something that I shouldn't have.

He was among the people who survived Raccoon City?!

As my mind went blank, I started to slowly connect the dots as I also remembered what Hunnigan had told me the first time I met her.

"We're lucky to have agent Kennedy. Without his experience, we'd already be done."

I felt like I had been stroked by thunder.

Oh my god, everything's actually linked.

That is also probably why he was there three weeks ago...!

I stood back up and grabbed my stuff, getting out of my desk in the quickest way possible, not even paying attention to the other agents around me as I shoved my laptop into my backpack, running out of the building like some kind of freak.

-----------------

"Sorry, the number you are trying to reach is not available." I heard my phone say for the fourth time as I shoved it back into my pocket.

Why isn't he answering?!

As the automatic voice of the subway announced the next stop I jumped out of the train and started running until I found the exit of the station.

When I found myself on the main avenue, I had a moment of doubt.

What if he's not even at his place...!

After going around the street two or three times, I finally ended up remembering the way.

The moment I arrived and rang his name on the intercom, my cheeks began to catch fire.

What if he thinks that... Uh...

Why am I even here...?

"Oh god, my hair is so messy." I sulked as I watched someone pass by, holding the door for me as he left.

"Thank you!" I said as I entered the building, a bit embarrassed.

I silently walked up the stairs and slowly knocked at Leon's door, imagining myself waiting for three hours or something.

But the door quickly opened by itself, with him staring at me from the other side.

Oh my god, he should wear that kind of T-shirt more often.

I quickly shook my head, trying to get back to it.

"H-hi... Sorry for appearing out of nowhere but you weren't answering the phone, and..." I said as he flashed a faint smile.

"Good thing I didn't."

I pouted as he told me to come in.

My heart was beating so fast at the moment that I didn't even know if it was a good idea to come to see him when my mind was still in a deep mess.

All I could feel was an intense feeling of panic but also confusion.

"So, what is it?" He asked as I grinned nervously.

"Y-yeah, about that, uh..." I began to panickily mutter as he sighed, shaking slowly his head as he gently patted my shoulder. 

"Take it slow, unless you want to choke on your own saliva."

I shut my mouth, still hearing my heartbeat from here.

Okay...

I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths until my mind seemed to calm itself.

"Okay, so... Uh... How do I say that...?" I began as he nodded, still waiting for me to finish my sentence.

"First, I'm really sorry for coming out of nowhere, I know you came back a few days ago, and I promise next time I'll-"

"Next time?" He remarked as I bit my lip.

"Sorry."

He sighed, heading towards the kitchen, probably to get himself something to drink.

Looking around, I could easily guess that he had been back for a few days, since it was not perfectly clean, as Leon was the kind of person to keep everything cleaned up and organized.

That was also one of the reasons why I felt like I wouldn't be able to live with him, as I already embarrassed myself with my own stuff at the state where I could lose my own keys inside my apartment.

"Wanna drink something?" I could hear his voice ask from the kitchen.

I let out a small but victorious grin.

I knew it.

"Yes, please." I replied as I took out my jacket, hanging it inside the entrance.

I thoughtfully gazed at his jacket for a second, not even knowing why.

"Is the entrance that interesting?" He asked as I reddened.

"O-of course not." I sulked as I went into the kitchen, sitting on the counter as I let out a small sigh.

He gave me a quick amused look as he opened the fridge.

"You're weird." He stated as I grimaced.

"W-well, uh... You too." I replied as he handed me over what seemed to be beer.

Well, beer should be okay...?

"Yeah, undoubtedly."

I smiled softly as I watched him lean on the counter in front of me, looking thoughtfully at me as he opened his beer can. 

"So? Can I get some explanation?" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.9K 1.1K 32
I thought I'd conquered my fears-mastered the darkness that wrapped its claws around my throat all those years ago, but here we are. Shrieks and crie...
42.6K 1.1K 42
[Resident Evil 4 Remake x Reader] •Book 1• ──❝Echoes Of Contamination❞── ➤ As the dangerous plaga spreads across a remote Spanish Village, Leo...
50K 1.3K 16
Two partners, Luis and Y/N. On a mission to retrieve a sample of the plaga but is quickly caught. The both have been separated and on the way, she me...
46.1K 1.4K 17
Re4 remake! Ella was one of the missing hikers who was kidnapped by the villagers. She narrowly escaped being sacrificed, but her friends weren't so...