AGAINST ALL ODDS [The Golden...

By Zion204

[every chapter contains 2-5k word counts or more, depends to the author. which means Longer Chapters! so enjo... More

Introduction
Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 4

443 15 0
By Zion204

"Kid.....you look So Bad right now"

Do you want to Know what it looks like? This world he's currently Stuck in? Well. It's like the clouds are about to drop a tear of water. The winds would howl in coldness. They have been walking for hours with only each other's company. Wukong carried Donghai behind his back and despite him trying to warm her up.

There's just something wrong about her condition. "Why....are we walking again?..." Donghai Whispered, Her voice Cracking and the dryness is not helping too. How many times has she asked that question again? "Were walking to find shelter. I can't Leave you shivering Kid That's not just Great" He Sighs. Eyes Glistening once he saw a faint figures of small houses. He Grinned and Ran in full speed

Entering the entrance of the small Village. He expects that there would be people greeting them or just walking around. But instead. It's a Empty and desolate Area, the Houses are all fine no damage. No touched Objects and not even a animal was seen or making noises.

"This world....sure is empty"

He said. Hating that maybe it's possible that only them are inside this section of the scroll. Maybe even the section that's not recorded yet or just simply empty.
Assuming that the two of them are stuck in this section. Wukong Frowned once he thought of it.

"Stay here Kid. Don't go okay? I'll Light a Fire for us"

"Okay...."

There's a nearby Home that's suitable for them. Having no choice but to break a few wooden furnitures and Use them as a fuel for the fire. He then searched around looking for blankets and maybe even Small Head covers incase winter would come.

Right maybe Weather's exist here so it's better to be ready than sorry.

As for where they are now. Then he gotta find a exit and Free themselves here, but Sensing the cold and eerieness of this section. Truth to be told. He doesn't feel welcome here.

But the only one that's Comforting him is Donghai's presence. She is The Warm light and that Just adds up more knowing that she's the Cicada itself. Sitting across the kid, Wukong sighs in Distress knowing that what this Scroll can do. It doesn't just show you all of the memories but it can also Show you your fears and the Traumas you have faced from the past.

"There should be a way out..."

Always. There's always a flaw. Around somewhere here might be a exit but as for the next part. It's either they'll be out safely or they'll get Trasported to another section of the scroll. "Uuuggh...." Blinking and Glancing to the girl. Wukong immediately sits beside her and wrapped another blanket.

"My head hurts..."

"Must be from the fall....don't worry just rest. I'll guard you" tucking her in. Donghai dozed off and Closed her eyes. Stepping out slowly The king Sighs again and Rubbed his temples.

[--○--]

"Tang Dynasty! Mei we arrived!"

Mk Giggled, to see China. His country to its old days and Ancient Stuff of who knows what "now We can buy some Ancient souvenirs!" He Grinned, Giving the merchant his spare coins and Candies. Mei Blinked but as for the man he Squints his eyes seeing those weird looking Coins and even Rocks (those are candies). "These aren't Tang Dynasty Currency! What is this?" He Rubbed his chin. Not Falling for this he points at the two kids with fear in his Eyes.

"Witchcraft! Hurry! Catch them!"

He Shouted. Alerting nearby Imperial Guards, The two Stood infront of them. Mei Chuckled nervously and Immediately Grabbed Mk and carried him out running. Taking turns and Twist the two disturbed alot of People and Even got chased down by dogs. Which almost bit Mk's ass by the way. "Ergh! My Spinal Chord!" Mei Hissed, Cracking her Back Mk jumped off her and Sighs in relief.

"Mk seriously I know you got some crush on My Sister Girly but!-calm down! We're outsiders and Definitely if we messed up were doomed!" Mei Grumbled. Turning Red Mk Fumbled and Waved her off "o-okay fine! I'll be Careful!" He Whispered. Rubbing his red Cheeks. Mei only Grinned seeing his Embarrassed Face.

"You Kiddos Arrived Safely! Very good!" Standing infront of them with A Blue Light, Mei almost Screamed seeing a ghost but as for Mk he looks Totally chill. "Welcome to Chang'an!" Grinning, The Azure Lion Himself Laughed as he grabbed the two kids and helped them up properly, dusting off sands and dirt.

"I trust you Kiddos have seen Astral projection Before?"

"Yup!"Mk Nods, Mei on the other hand was Shaking and Breathes in the air like a panicking Seagull "NO! We didn't die right?! Right?!" She Panicked but the Lion Calmed her down by Pinching her Cheeks. "No! And astral projection won't hurt people!-Anyways Let's cut to the chase"

"As I said Before. The scroll has a protective spell on it"

"And It will find us and Hunt us down?-riiiight?" Mk cuts in, Sweating at the thought of that Cursed Creature Crawling Aggressively with ink Dripping down its body. Like those horror movies! The monster would crawl so fast in inhuman speed and-ya know what it's like that imaginary ghost Crawling up the stairs that's it.

"Right, That's why you Two should keep a low profile. Showing yourselves as outsiders here will cause a ruckus. And might danger you two"

"Remember. The more the story change. The possibility of the spell Finding you will Be High."

"Which of course. You Kiddos should change your clothes."

He Grinned, Gasping Mei Vibrated at the thought of Disguises again. "New clothes!" She Giggled and the man Nods as he smiled "I picked them up all the way here!" Pointing behind him. The two snapped their heads instantly, seeing a lot of scattered bags and Garbages The two Idiots Gasped in joy.

"Since this is the memory scroll. Finding your friends might be difficult."

"This is the section of Sun Wukongs journey with his companions. So if ever you find-OY!"

Stumbling back and Turning around covering his Eyes, The Lion Grumbled and Scolded them "CAN YOU GUYS ATLEAST WAIT FOR ME TO TURN AROUND?!" He Said. But Mei already dived in Grabbing her clothes.

Once they're Done Changing, The Azure Lion Grabbed them and With his skilled Hand, Mei Shivered when he used his Saliva to Make their hair look more cooler than ever. Even Mk seems not liking that.

"Eeeeewww"

"Anyways. If you said your bonds are stronger. Then you will find each other in no time."

"I don't know how many got dragged inside. But stick with each other no matter what!"

"You have each other's back."

Walking around the Small Village, Mk Scratched his Head staring at the Instruction scroll that the Azure Lion Gave them "avoid the Spell, Find our friends, and then Return to our everyday lives" Mk mumbled, Putting back the scroll inside his Pockets. He then Rubbed his chin.

Right they're in the memory scroll right now and who knows how big this world can be. But the problem is- "where the fuck are we gonna start?" He Sweatdropped, Scratching his Head Mei Crossed her arms and looked at the stalls and kids running around.

"Mk you're the Journey to the west Expert kinda Guy. Atleast you know some things right? Like what chapter are we?."

"Uuuuuuhhh"

"Donghai is a good teacher. There's no way in hell you didn't listen to the other parts!"

"Honestly I just listen to the parts where Monkey king is! So uh.....yeah that kinda sums up"

"Geeez Mk."

She sweatdropped, And the boy Avoided her Glaring eyes while whistling his way out. Mei Is a active kinda Bitch so She's always in the Noodle shop. She even sometimes encounter Donghai Doing her homework on the counter table while pigsy cooks for her.

Others was that Donghai Passionately Tells the story about the Journey the west. Mk requested that last year she even Wrote some Research about it in 100 PAGES can you even imagine?! She even cuts her off saying "Mei actually It's 500 pages worth of papers! But it's all worth it!"-God The Dragon soul and her ancestors must have Watched her Die inside.

God Granpa Ao Lie Better Help her with his.

"Have you heard about the Emperors Younger cousin?"

"Oh that? Yeah Sure sure! Those Cougars has been noisy about it!"

"What's his name again?"

"Tang...Tang-Tang Sanzang?"

"Right that's him! The Emperor sent him to go to the west to find some scriptures or something"

"Pffft-that guy?!"

Hearing the conversation between the two Imperial Guards. Mk and Mei Gasped as they heard who's name got involved. Rolling Sneakily behind them and hiding behind the Boxes full of Silks Mei and Mk listened Intently.

"That guy won't survive in 2 days loooong!"

The two laughed. While the two guards are Busy sharing their own teas. Mei and Mk are Gasping as if they heard a Diamond Crying. "Tang-Tang Sanzang?! MASTER TRIPITAKA IS TANG SANZANG AND TANG SANZANG IS TRIPITAKA!" Mk Wheezed, Shaking Mei the Girl Squeled now that the two of them have a lead.

"Master is here! We're safe!"

"Let's go! Target? The Forest!!"

"Yeah!- wait why the forest?"

"Uuuuuuh cause Mei! Journeys always has that smell of forest! There's no way he's still in the desert!"

Mk Grinned, Grabbing her. The two kids Immediately Ran through the streets and passed the village exit. Having to enter the deepest part of the forest. Let's hope that they'll find our beloved Monk who's journeying on his own.

[--○--]

'Ah such serene Atmosphere'

Walking calmly with his Staff on hand. The great Monk has ventured long roads and Has met Kind people that suprisingly. Knows his arrival. Of course maybe it's just the news that he. The Tang Monk will Journey to the west to receive the Scriptures.

"It feels like I'm missing something..."

He mumbled, looking around to his side. His chest suddenly felt heavy. Why? Well it feels like he was supposed to have someone with him but He's sure that it's just him alone walking.
Or maybe that he's just homesick that's all.

Home?

The thought crosses his mind very often. But He knows where he is but Home? It feels...a bit off as if he was suppose to be someone else's Guardian? Huh? Him taking care of someone? I mean sure he's good at it but someone he can't Leave behind and follows around?

Just who In Buddha is the person he's thinking that?

"Elder brother! The Tang Monk is here!"

"Hurry Catch our Dinner!"

Pouncing behind the Monk, He Groaned once two Demons Sits behind his back. Reacting from the Threat The Demons Yelped once a golden sheild protected the Monk from Harm. "Oh come on!" The demon Shouted, Gripping his hair the other one Rubbed his chin as if thinking of something.

"How are we gonna chew him?!"

"Wait!-he won't last long! Let's boil him while he's in that state!"

"Wha-are you sure?"

"Well Think about it! The flavors would be good!"

Cheering at the thought of them boiling the Monk while he's in that state, Two kids walked through the Bushes and Trees, getting their shoes muddy. Mk squints his eyes looking around for any signs of their Adorable Monk.

"Mk Look!"

Tugging him, Mei Gasped and points infront of her. Eyes widen They almost Questioned the Existence of this Scroll just by seeing Tripitaka standing there not even fighting back. "It's our Monk! It's him Mei!" Mk Giggled, Shaking her. The two stopped once they saw two Demons with a large Cualdron full of Spices and Random Leaves?

"Master! Master!"

"Master Trip! It's us! Mk and Mei!"

They called, Waving their arms trying to catch the monks attention. However instead of their Monk two Demons Glared at them and Hissed. "OI! Would You Brats Shut up! We're Cookin here!" The demon Growled, throwing in the chopped Onions. His Younger brother shot back and Aggressively chopped the Potatoes with his Butcher knife "Yeah! Stop pestering us we're trying to cook our dinner here!" He Exclaimed. Standing there Processing as to what the Ugly demon just said Mk And Mei looked at them dead eye.

"Wait you want to eat him?"

"Our Master?"

"HAH?! Master?! Dream on Brats go back to your parents!"

He Grumbled, Tossing in another spices. The two Demons then stopped once The Tang Monk spoke "ah-fighting is not the answer. If this is the End then I must accept it without Fear" speaking so Deligent and accepting this so called end. Mk and Mei Gasped.

Taking a stance, the two advanced with such threat and Raised their Weapons. "No one's gonna eat our Adorable Monk. Just like you Bitches!" Mei Shouted, kicking the other demon on his face. She then clinged behind his back and grabbed his hair and beard making the poor creature Cry and scream in horror.

"Owowow My Beard!"

"Don't worry Master Were gonna Save you!"

"Yeah! This idiots about to receive some Monkey and Dragon Slappin!" The forest became loud. Full of Screams and Shouts from the two demon, Mei Used her Sword and Wacked the two Demons on the head. Mk Grabbed the Demon by the hair again and throwed him like a Sack.

Running with tears and bruises in their bodies. The two Demons Screamed and left the scene immediately "That's right Run away you Idiots!" Mei Pointed, Baring her sharp Teeth threatening them.

"Master! Oh god we finally found you!"

"Yeah! We miss you Master!"

Hugging and Squishing the poor Man. It really is weird hugging him with this warmth. They usually feel his cold Touch since ya know-Anyways! It's kinda nice to able to hug him this physically. "Are you okay? Those two Demons look weak! You could just bonk them with your staff just like how you bonk me and Donghai!" Mk Grinned, Confusing the Monk even more as to what the heck is he talking about.

"Anyways! The important thing is!" Hugging him again. The two Teared up "You're with us again! No need to worry Master! We're gonna be your Companions this time!" Grinning. The Monk Dusted off his Clothes and Squinted his eyes to the two kids.

"Youngsters, I appreciate your Actions of saving me. But I'd rather not solve things with Violence"

Eh?

"Well that's weird you don't speak like that tho. But uh-your welcome I guess?" Scratching her Head, Mei And Mk looked at each other. Tripitaka is a Carefree and Loud Monk. Very strange yeah but that what makes him adorable and best.

But right now he seems....different?

"You two Children's act from your Heart. Which is full of Restlessness and Torment"

"Sit down and Meditate. This will help you calm down and To Be connected more within our place." Pointing to them, Mk twitched while Mei is just staring at the Monk with a Confused face. "Well then. I hope you find peace. Goodbye" Turning around, Mk Gasped and in instinct he stopped him from leaving and Grabbed him. "Master it's us! Your adorable troublemakers! Mk! Mei! The Young students of your teachings!" Posing infront of him. The Monk Glanced to him with a frown.

"Your Friends! Aaaaand your cute Kiddos!"

"Friends?"

If The Monk is Confused then Mk and Mei are more confused as ever. "You children's must be lost. I'm only myself and do not have companions. Well then farewell." Leaving, Mk and Mei Gasped in Horror and pain.

Tripitaka Forgetting them?! Wait Scratch that more of like. MEMORY LOST!

"Wait! Master!" Mei Teared up, Squinting his eyes Mk Used his golden eyes to see through as to what Is happening. "Hold up! Mei!" He shaked, Tugging her the girl listened.

"Master Trip is still Our Monk! It's just that his inner Golden Cicada Memories Are Sleeping!"

"Hah? How come you know?"

"There's a Sleeping Cicada resting on his Shoulder"

Mei may not see it but Mk. With his golden eyes he could see a small insect Cicada Sleeping and with a seal on as if trapping the poor one. "Then-how are we gonna wake it up? Slap it?" Seems like a way to wake up a sleeping person.

"Uh I don't know? But we could try a different way, but first! Catch him!" Running behind the Monk. Mk and Mei jumped. But got Kicked instead by another Intruder "stop you Vile Demons!" A man's voice roared. Getting their asses kick Mk Groaned

"Wait! Kids?! What'er ya Youngsters doing here in the wild?!"

"Uncle. I think you Broke my Back"

"Ahahaha! Nonsense! Now Get up!"

Helping the two stand, The man then Jumped in glee as he Bowed down infront of the Monk "Great Monk. You must be tired from all of the Walking. Also it's getting late! You can stay at my Home for the night" the guy kindly offered. Hearing this from the man Mk Grinned.

"We'd be happy too! Thanks Uncle!"

"Oi! Mk!"

What in the-he can't just But in like that it'll ruin the flow! Also The master got some amnesia Rules or something so they gotta do something with that.

"What are you doing?!"

"Listen Mei! If we want to Awaken the Cicada Soul inside Master then we gotta follow him and see how the story goes. If we help him with his task then he might remember us!"

"Woah-okay wait that sounded like a plan! Okay then let's do it!"

Turning back to the two Men. Mk and Mei Grinned "we'll come!" Mei Nods and So is Mk who's Grinning ear to ear "We'll definitely behave! No worries!" He Waved. Earning the Monk a Tired expression.

Mei already sprinted out while Mk Gasped Shouting at her for leaving him and Trying to get in the guys home like a race.

"Uuuuhhhh your Companions sure are full of energy Holy Monk"

"Oh lords..."

-The Golden Cicada Season 4

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

605K 14.7K 34
Diana Featherington is the only child of the younger brother of the Baron Featherington. With the passing of both parents Diana has lived with the Ba...
424K 17.2K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
155K 7.2K 52
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
572K 12.8K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.