Till the end of time

By NovaWwritesss

Linnea Johnson and Warren Reid have had a bond like no other since childhood till all of that is threatened w... More

*character aesthetics*
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
*A/N*

20

1.9K 41 36
By NovaWwritesss

"You are actually stupid? You know that?" I shove Dayton's shoulder.

"At least I'm not scared to ask someone on a date." I point out to Dayton.

"Well maybe, just maybe because she rejected me last time." He throws his hands up in frustration.

"That was when she and Caden were messing around or whatever." He runs his hands through his hair.

Someone is mad.

We stroll into math class taking a seat in our assigned seats.

I pull out my paper and pencil and begin taking notes as soon as Mrs. Adams starts her lesson.

I like math, kinda. Not really, I guess I'm just good at it.

Linnea gestures her hand for me to lean toward her and I do instantly and whispers in my ear. "Can you help me with my math after school today"

I take back my last statement. I like math. A lot.

"Yeah, of course." I lean back into my chair. She smiles at me and I smile back.

She makes a funny face; I make one back.

I lightly kick Linnea's shoe under the table and she does it back even harder.

We continue little things like this for the rest of the lesson, how it used to be.

The clock hits 2 pm and students leap from their seats scurrying out the door. I look back to look for Linnea and see her already walking up to me.

She has pretty eyes. They're brown, a deep dark brown that when you look into them you get lost. And her hair, it's fairly long, goes down to just above her elbows. It's a bit wavy and dark brown but lighter than her eyes.

Her smile is a candle in a pitch-dark room. Anytime she smiles I smile, it's become a habit.

Pretty.

I open the door for her to pass through into the campus library and we walk over to an open table near the window.

It's already dark out as it's winter here in Minnesota. The street lights light up the world outside the window and snow falls slowly.

A lot of it.

That's going to be a pain to drive in tonight.

I grab my notes from my backpack, plopping them down onto the high-top table as she climbs into the chair.

"Okay so, what exactly about math don't you understand?" I look into her eyes.

"Um, how about any of it?" She laughs lightly.

Dimples.

I see a boy come up to the table out of nowhere from behind her, smiling at Linnea.

My smile fades instantly as I see him rest his hand on her shoulder.

She snaps her head back to see who it is and she smiles at him.

Who the fuck is this kid.

Stop. You have no right.

"Hey Lils!" I know he didn't just call her Lils.

"Oh hey! What's up?" She responds to him glancing at me and then back to him.

"I was just wondering if you were still on to get coffee this Friday?" There's a hopeful look in his eye.

I want to rip his eyes out now.

Maybe if she walks away I can beat his ass.

"Yeah for sure!" She giggles.

She fucking giggles.

That's it.

Walk away, walk away, walk away.

"I'm going to go grab some drinks. Are you good?" I give him a dirty look followed by smiling at Linnea. She gives me a serious face in return.

I'm not going to just sit here and watch this guy flirt with her.

If I do I might just break his face.

Why are they going on a date? I know Linnea and I aren't dating but it doesn't mean I don't despise any boy going on dates with her.

"Yep, go ahead." I nod slowly walking out the door. I stop in my tracks when I see Dayton mother fuckin Jones making out with Naomi Blackford against the wall.

This is a school for fucks sake.

As if on cue they both snap their heads toward me and jump away from each other.

I am truly too stunned to speak.

They are both blushing like crazy, Dayton looks down and quickly moves to stand behind Naomi.

Oh lord, could they not have done this anywhere else? At least do it in the closets not out in the open hallway.

They don't even say a word, just shuffle around the corner hand in hand.

I shake my head, walk over to the vending machine pull out my card to buy 2 Dr. Peppers for Linnea and I.

I walk back to the library and peek through the door to see the boy's hand on top of Linnea's.

Oh hell no.

I swing open the door quickly.

"Hey guys! Sorry bud I would've gotten you a drink but you were just on your way out? Weren't you?" I look at him with an annoyed look.

He nods saying goodbye, walking out of the library fast.

I reach the table and hand I hand Linnea her drink, she has her arms crossed over her chest squinting her eyes at me looking as mad as ever.

Hot. Stop it Warren.

"What?" I give her a clueless look trying to act like I don't realize what I just did.

Do I feel bad? Yes. Would I hesitate to do it again? Absolutely not.

"You might've just cost me my date Warren." She says angrily.

"I could be your date." I shrug and open my drink.

Her eyes go wide before going back to normal. "Why are you going out with him anyway? How long? Do you like him?" I shot questions at her.

"Because I can. This is the first time. And no I don't." She responds calmly.

"If you don't like him, why are you going out with him?" I bring my drink to my lips holding eye contact with Linnea.

"He's in one of my classes and asked me out on a date. I did not want to be mean and thought one date wouldn't hurt." She says it's no big deal.

I want to be the one she goes on dates with.

I nod understanding and look at her once more. I could look at her forever.

I pick up my pencil and begin writing out one of the math equations.

I drop it within 10 seconds.

"Linnea." I start. She looks up from her paper with a curious look.

I know I've apologized so many times but I can't help it.

"I am so grateful you are back into my life more than you could ever know. You are and always have been my favorite person. I'm still sorry about how things ended three years ago. I will always be sorry about that. But you already know that. Right?" I say probably talking a little too fast.

She places her hand on mine causing my cheeks to heat up. "Oh course I do Warren. You are my favorite person too."

"Really?" She has to be lying. There's no way out of all the people in her life she thinks I'm her favorite person.

"Um, of course. Why wouldn't you be?" I don't know maybe because I abandoned you for my own reasons without explanation for 3 years?

"I don't know, I just thought that like Naomi or something would be your favorite." My eyebrows knit together.

"Well of course I love Naomi with all my heart she's basically my sister. But with you it's different. You bring out parts of me I don't even realize are there." She says matter-factly.

"So where were we on this math stuff?" She picks up her pencil waiting for me to explain the material to her.

Every day she makes me fall for her more and more.

......

THERE IS CHAPER TWENTYYYYYY

LET ME KNOW THOUGHTS OR IDEAS I LOVE TO HEAR EM

LOVE YALL BYEEEE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 193 35
𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭... Aria Williams has always be been ok with the fact she's nothing like her sist...
79.5K 2.2K 66
Ricky and Nini have been best friends since kindergarten. They've had their ups and downs, but always found a way to stay close. But what neither of...
680 17 23
"I've never felt this way for anyone before Linny. You have always been my special woman, please forgive me. I love you and always will, please wait...
26.8K 826 16
*A SHORT WINTER ROMANCE* .⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅. 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬 and 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭 used to be best friends. Until Bonnie's parents decided to mo...