AFTER GETTING ABANDONED, I CH...

Af DonnaMariano149

AFTER GETTING ABANDONED, I CHOOSE TO BECOME THE GENERAL'S WIFE Author: Bao Genre: Romance, Psychological Stat... Mere

DESCRIPTION
1-10
11-20
21-30
31-40
41-50
51-60
61-70
71-80
81-90
91-100
101-110
111-120
121-130
131-140
141-150
151-160
161-170
181-190
191-200
201-210
211-220
221-230
231-240
241-250
251-260
261-270
271-280
281-290
291-300
301-320
321-330
331-340
341-350
351-360
361-370
371-380
381-390
391-398 END

171-180

668 7 0
Af DonnaMariano149

Chapter 171: Fang Ya Was Investigated

The next morning, He Feng followed the previous plan and brought all the materials to the police station.

Since Team Two did not allow He Feng to participate in the investigation, He Feng would act on his own to conduct the investigation.

Although the clues provided by Wu Wei were not enough to build a new case, it was sufficient just cause to start the investigation.

He Feng arranged a few people to start investigating the woman that Wu Wei had mentioned.

He Feng and Li Tong had to find out what caused Wu Wei to lose his short-term memory.

He Feng was once again lost in work. Fang Ya's side also had new developments.

Because the data of the previous document had been modified, the materials that Fang Ya had submitted were sent back.

Fang Ya was not at all surprised about this. After all, the data was fake and could not meet the other party's requirements, so it was only natural to be rejected.

However, Fang Ya was a little concerned about the process of returning the call.

One morning, Fang Ya had just entered the office when she was informed to go to the inspection office next door for an investigation.

Fang Ya was a little surprised, but she still packed her things and went over.

There were a total of three staff members in the inspection office. All of them looked at Fang Ya with serious expressions.

Fang Ya faced them calmly. "May I know why I have been called here today?"

"Don't you know what you've done?" One of the younger men looked at Fang Ya with a cold and stern expression.

Fang Ya revealed an innocent expression and asked, "I really don't know what it is."

"You tampered with the data of the organization's documents without permission. Don't you know?" The young man pressed again, and his tone became colder and harder.

Fang Ya quickly revealed a surprised expression.

"Tampered with the data of the organization's documents? Why would I dare to do that?"

"You mean secretary Nie Jun asked you to tamper with it?" a middle-aged man asked.

Fang Ya realized what was going on. Her heart skipped a beat. So they were waiting for her here!

These people were just trying to throw the blame onto Nie Jun!!

Fang Ya shook her head and said, "I really didn't modify the data of any government documents!"

The young man took out two documents and threw them in front of Fang Ya. "Didn't you do this?"

Fang Ya leaned forward and looked at the two documents. "What... is this?"

The man grew even more dissatisfied. He slammed one hand on the table and said, "Don't play dumb!"

"This document came straight out from your computer!" the young man said fiercely.

Fang Ya nodded and said, "I know it's the document in my computer, but is there anything wrong with this document?"

The three people in front of them looked at each other. After a long while, the young man said, "Can't you see the difference between these two documents?"

Fang Ya went forward to look at them seriously again. After comparing the two documents, she said, "This data is not quite the same..."

The young man replied with a grunt and said, "Was this your doing?"

Fang Ya raised her head to look at the man and shook her head with a straight face. "No! I didn't modify it! This document should be this data! I have a deep impression of it!"

"At that time, Secretary Nie had warned me a few times that there was no problem with this data!" Fang Ya pointed at one of the documents and said.

"But what you submitted is another document!" the young man said coldly.

Fang Ya looked at the man with a face full of fear, "How is that possible? That's impossible!"

The young man did not say anything else but looked at the two people beside him.

"You're just repeating the same excuse. We will look into t his," the older man said.

"Yes! Please do!" Fang Ya said sincerely, "I really didn't do this!"

Chapter 172: Fang Ya Was Investigated (2)

The news of Fang Ya being investigated quickly spread throughout the district government.

In such an era, being investigated was a major scandal.

Regardless of whether this person had really made a mistake or not, once they were investigated, they would definitely be marginalized.

However, Fang Ya was still new to this and did not take this matter to heart.

She did not have much of a relationship with the people in the various departments, and all it had resulted in was her being just a little more lonely.

Fang Ya acted by herself every day. Every day, she might have to face criticism from her colleagues behind her back.

However, all of this did not matter to her.

After all, she really did not break the law.

Just like that, a few days passed. There was still no progress on He Feng's side, but there were new developments on Fang Ya's side.

Because Fang Ya was being questioned and investigated on day after day, it was inevitable that the higher-ups would pay attention to her.

The City Bureau's Supervisory Unit issued a notice, requesting that Fang Ya be temporarily suspended from her job until the truth came to light.

Moreover, they requested that Fang Ya submit a paper-based defense material within three days to cooperate with the follow-up investigation.

Once this notice was issued, the spotlight on Fang Ya's head only became bigger and bigger.

Fang Ya came to the hospital in the evening and handed the notice to Nie Jun to read.

Nie Jun snorted coldly and said, "To think that all these useless things have been dug up. It's also good to dig out some real things!"

Although Nie Jun was dissatisfied, he gave Fang Ya some advice on how to weather such inspections.

Nie Jun was, after all, a veteran. Although the recent years had been smooth and steady, it was inevitable that he had been attacked from both sides throughout his long career.

Because he was from the military, he often received a lot of attention from his superiors. Also, because of his outstanding achievements, many jealous adversaries had tried to trip him over.

However, because of a secret leak, Nie Jun was investigated by the organization.

Although it was ultimately proven that Nie Jun did not make a mistake, this promotion opportunity had already passed him by.

Nie Jun knew that Fang Ya was not even going to bother about fighting for merits, so he was at ease to arrange for her to handle some matters.

However, not fighting did not mean that she would not be wronged.

Nie Jun picked up the phone and dialed his old comrade's number. "Hello, ahh, old fox, there's something I need to trouble you with."

Nie Jun stayed on the phone for about an hour before he finally hung up.

A happy expression appeared on his face as he looked at Fang Ya. "Go back to work. All is going to be well. I guarantee that no one will be able to touch a hair on your head."

Fang Ya looked at Nie Jun's confident expression and revealed a relieved smile. "I'm not worried that something will happen to me. After all, I never did anything."

"I'm just worried that it will affect our plan?" Fang Ya said with some worry.

Nie Jun shook his head and said, "I originally didn't plan to involve that old fox in this, but since things have already come to this, he's going to stir up the dirt at the bottom of this mess."

Fang Ya nodded. Although she still did not know who this old fox was, Nie Jun seemed highly confident in him. Fang Ya's heart finally calmed down.

It was almost seven o'clock when Fang Ya left the hospital.

Because the hospital was quite a distance away from home, Fang Ya looked at her watch and quickly ran in the direction of the bus stop.

After running for a few steps, she saw a car suddenly appearing in front of her.

Fang Ya looked at the car that stopped in front of her and rolled down the window. It was actually Li Tong.

"Li Tong, why are you here?" Fang Ya looked at Li Tong in surprise.

"Brother Feng said you were at the hospital and he was worried that you would have trouble coming home later, so he asked me to come and pick you up!" Li Tong said with a smile and opened the car door for Fang Ya.

Fang Ya did not hesitate and directly got into the car.

They drove all the way home, but Li Tong remained silent.

Fang Ya hesitated for a moment and said, "Li Tong, have you been in contact with Wang Xu recently?"

Li Tong paused for a moment, then shook his head and said, "She doesn't seem to like me very much."

Upon hearing Li Tong's words, Fang Ya sighed helplessly. "She also has her own difficulties..."

Chapter 173: Hiring A Nanny

Li Tong heard the meaning in Fang Ya's words. "Do you know what happened to Wang Xu?"

Fang Ya nodded and said, "I know, but since she chose not to tell you for the time being, she should have her own plans."

"You can wait for a while more..." Fang Ya smiled at Li Tong.

Li Tong held the steering wheel tightly and said after a moment, "Okay! If you say so, then I'll continue to persevere!"

Fang Ya nodded slightly and sighed in her heart.

She hoped that the two of them would have a happy ending.

After all, the two young people had each other in their hearts. If the separation was caused by external factors, it would be too cruel.

Li Tong sent Fang Ya home.

Fang Ya got out of the car and hesitated for a moment before saying, "Perhaps you can give Wang Xu a call. She might be waiting for your call..."

Li Tong listened to Fang Ya's words and thought for a moment before nodding heavily. "I got it! Thank you, sister-in-law!"

Fang Ya watched Li Tong drive away and felt a knot in her heart.

She did not know where such emotions came from.

Next

Stay

Ever since Fang Ya realized that Li Tong had not appeared in her memories in her previous life, Fang Ya had always felt faintly worried.

She did not know what had happened to Li Tong, or what had happened to so many others...

Fang Ya sighed, pushed open the courtyard door, and walked in.

Just as she entered the courtyard, she saw Tang Tang desperately running outside.

Tang Tang immediately threw herself into Fang Ya's arms and shouted, "Mommy, help!"

Fang Ya looked at Tang Tang's red little face in surprise, then looked at Shao Xiang who was chasing after Fang Ya.

Fang Ya looked at Shao Xiang who was panting heavily, and her face was full of confusion. "Mom, what are you..."

Shao Xiang rested her hands on her knees. After a while, she said, "Tang Tang is about to go to primary school. I want to make some clothes for her, but this child won't let me do it no matter what."

Fang Ya lowered her head and looked at Tang Tang who was hugging her tightly. She asked, "Why won't you let Grandma make you clothes?"

Tang Tang raised her small face and looked at Fang Ya. "Mom, Grandma's eyes haven't been good lately. There are many wounds on her hands!"

Fang Ya listened to Tang Tang's words and quickly walked towards Shao Xiang.

Fang Ya grabbed Shao Xiang's hand and looked. As expected, she saw many wounds on her hands.

Fang Ya felt a little heartache and said, "Mom, don't work so hard. I have money..."

Shao Xiang smiled bitterly and shook her head. "I just want to keep myself occupied."

Fang Ya knew what Shao Xiang meant. She just wanted to find something to distract herself.

However, if she continued like this, she would only be torturing herself!

Fang Ya pulled Shao Xiang's hand and went to the stone bench at the side.

The two of them sat on the stone bench. Fang Ya spoke again, "Mom, we are already doing our best to resolve Wu Wei's matter. You must take care of yourself."

"When Wu Wei comes out and you fall ill again, won't that make everyone even more anxious!" Fang Ya looked at Shao Xiang sincerely and consoled her.

Shao Xiang sighed heavily. "I know that! But I can't control myself."

Fang Ya nodded in understanding and then looked at Tang Tang beside her. "Mom, can you give Tang Tang a task?"

Tang Tang immediately walked over and replied with a serious face, "Grandma, say it! Tang Tang will definitely be able to do it!"

Fang Ya looked at Tang Tang with gratification. The corners of her mouth revealed a faint smile. "In the future, Tang Tang will help take care of Grandma. Don't let her do this and that. Can you do it?"

Tang Tang thought seriously for a moment and said, "Yes! Tang Tang will follow Grandma every day from now on. Let her work less!"

Fang Ya reached out and gently stroked the top of Tang Tang's head. "My good girl!"

Shao Xiang looked at Fang Ya and her daughter helplessly. "How can I work any less? There are many things to do at home!"

Fang Ya pondered for a moment and said, "It's my fault for not thinking properly."

"Mom, I will hire a nanny to help you. You won't have to work so hard in the future!" Fang Ya said sincerely.

Shao Xiang immediately waved her hand when she heard that. "No, no! I can handle this!"

Fang Ya grabbed Shao Xiang's hand. "Believe me, I'll let you enjoy your twilight years!"

Shao Xiang looked at Fang Ya's firm expression and two streams of tears instantly flowed down.

If you want to read more chapters, please visit NovelNext.Com to experience faster update speed

Chapter 174: Nanny Mingxia

Fang Ya immediately started making arrangements.

Because of the special situation at home, Fang Ya did not dare to hire anyone from outside.

Hence, Fang Ya looked for the large woman again.

With her connections, it would not be difficult.

Sure enough, in less than half a day, they found a suitable candidate.

This person was none other than one of her sister-in-laws.

Because she had just entered the city from the countryside, this little girl was only 16 or 17 years old and had yet to find a suitable job.

Just as she was worried about how to settle down, the large woman had introduced her to this job as a nanny.

"Don't blame me for looking out for my own people. This child has been an honest child since young. She is hardworking and diligent." The large woman held the little girl's hand and said to Fang Ya.

Fang Ya looked at the little girl whose face was a little tanned and rosy. She nodded and said, "You've come highly recommended."

The little girl seemed to be a little shy. She tilted her head slightly and looked at Fang Ya. "Sister, I'll work hard. Please don't despise me."

Fang Ya smiled at the little girl and asked, "What's your name?"

"Mingxia," the little girl said softly. "My mother said that Xia means beautiful."

Fang Ya looked at Mingxia and smiled. "Yes! You're very pretty!"

Mingxia's shy little face turned even rosier.

Fang Ya asked Mingxia, "Did you go to school?"

Mingxia lowered her head in embarrassment.

The large woman sighed. "My family is poor, so none of us are able to go to school past the second grade."

Fang Ya nodded and did not say anything.

Her own circumstances were not good either. At the very least, she had obtained a junior college degree.

Fang Ya thought for a moment and said, "Work hard here. I'll arrange for you to go to school. How about it?"

Mingxia looked at Fang Ya in surprise. "Really? Can I go to school again?"

Fang Ya smiled. "You're still young. Why aren't you going to school?"

Mingxia wanted to kneel down and kowtow to Fang Ya, but was stopped by Fang Ya and the large woman.

Fang Ya wanted to speak, but the large woman spoke first. "Fang Ya doesn't need such courtesy!

"You just have to remember to repay her kindness and work hard at her place!" The large woman emphasized again.

Mingxia nodded heavily and said, "I will!"

Shao Xiang also liked Mingxia very much when she saw her.

Although this girl was not tall and her skin color was a little dark, she was really a beauty.

Han Qiao's first reaction when she saw Mingxia was a little conflicted.

Fang Ya did not know if Mingxia's beauty made Han Qiao feel uncomfortable or if it was something else.

However, because they were living in Fang Ya's house, Han Qiao did not say much.

Tang Tang cautiously approached Mingxia, wanting to greet her.

Mingxia seemed to be very good at taking care of children, so after a while, she had already grown familiar with Tang Tang.

He Peng acted like an adult, so he did not interact much with Mingxia.

The whole family welcomed Mingxia's arrival.

Fang Ya explained the situation to He Feng, who had no objections. He just reminded Fang Ya to pay attention to Mingxia's behavior in the early stages.

The large woman was trustworthy, but Mingxia had just come from the countryside. Even the large woman's family was watching her closely.

Fang Ya remembered He Feng's words and did not let her guard down.

Mingxia worked meticulously and diligently as the large woman had said.

Every morning, she would run to the kitchen to boil water and cook.

Because Fang Ya's house had just recently started using a gas tank, Mingxia was not familiar with it. At first, she was so anxious that she cried in the kitchen.

Shao Xiang saw this and felt both amused and distressed.

She patiently explained the usage of the gas tank to Mingxia, and helped Mingxia quickly familiarize herself with the various household chores at home.

Two days passed like this. With Mingxia's company, Shao Xiang's mood seemed to improve.

Chapter 175: Father-Son Talk

Translator: EndlessFantasy Translation Editor: EndlessFantasy Translation

After several days of investigation, He Feng's team finally found some progress in Wu Wei's case.

However, He Feng still had some unresolved issues.

On this day, He Feng returned home and saw Mingxia busy cooking.

"Mingxia, where's Sister Ya?"He Feng looked at Mingxia and asked.

Mingxia wiped the sweat on her forehead with her small hands. "Sir, Sister Ya said that she was going to take Auntie to the city to buy some things and will be back later."

He Feng nodded and walked into the room.

These days, He Feng was able to go home every day, which left He Peng feeling a little awkward.

Because he had no one to accompany him for a long time, He Peng had already gotten used to living in his own room.

Now that He Feng was coming home every day, He Peng felt a little uncomfortable.

He Feng watched He Peng hurriedly pack up the things on the table, and the corners of his mouth could not help but curl up.

This kid had recently taken a liking to painting. Although he had not gone through professional training, the level of his proficiency and talent was still quite surprising.

Fang Ya had mentioned to He Feng several times that she wanted to specifically train He Peng.

He Peng did not know that his parents had already noticed his preferences. He was always afraid that they would be worried that he would lose his will to play with things. So every time he saw He Feng or Fang Ya, he would always try to put his work away.

He Feng did not call him out for it. Instead, he pushed open the door of the small room and pretended to go in to change his clothes.

When He Feng entered the room, He Peng finally breathed a sigh of relief. He took out his paintings and tidied them up.

He Feng walked out of the room again and stood in front of He Peng. "Peng Peng, do you have anything that you like very much?"

He Peng stared at He Feng and thought for a moment. "I like my parents! And Tang Tang and Grandma!"

Hearing that, He Feng stretched out his hand and rubbed He Peng's head. "You rascal! I mean, do you have anything you want to learn as a hobby?"

He Peng thought for a moment, blinked his eyes and asked, "Father, can I learn to draw?"

Looking at He Peng's sincere eyes, He Feng smiled. "Of course! Do you like drawing?"

He Peng nodded heavily and handed his work to He Feng nervously.

He Feng looked at his son's self-portrait in front of him and could not help but sigh. "I really neglected you. I'm sorry!"

He Peng quickly shook his head and said, "No! You've been very busy! I understand!"

"I just want to..." He Peng thought for a moment. "I want to learn more."

He Feng looked at He Peng somewhat apologetically.

"In the future, if you want to learn anything, just tell us. We will definitely support you!" He Feng looked at He Peng and promised solemnly.

He Peng's face was all-smiles. "Okay!"

He Feng gently pulled his son into his arms. "I have truly wronged you all this time. I hope you can forgive me!"

"If you want me to do something, just tell me, okay?" He Feng said half-pleadingly.

He did not know why, but at that moment, he was feeling his son's entire childhood's worth of regret.

If it were not for Fang Ya, he would not even know what his son liked.

He Feng had transferred back here to be a police officer because of He Peng.

But because he had devoted himself to a career that he quickly grew to enjoy, He Feng once again neglected his son's growth.

He Feng felt a wave of sadness in his heart.

He Peng was in He Feng's arms, smiling happily. "Dad, I know you're very busy. I'll be very obedient!"

"Mom and the others are very good to me! So, I'm very happy now! Really!" He Peng grabbed He Feng's hand, beaming.

He Feng looked at He Peng's appearance and knew that he was not lying. The feeling of guilt finally eased a little.

He Feng looked at He Peng and said, "I will find the best teacher for you now. You must study hard, okay?"

He Peng nodded heavily and gave his promise, "I will!"

If you want to read more chapters, please visit NovelNext.Com to experience faster update speed

Chapter 176: Lin Bin's Advice

Fang Ya brought Shao Xiang around the shopping mall. Since Shao Xiang was not in the mood, the two of them ended their trip in a hurry.

When they came out of the shopping mall, they bumped into Lin Bin walking out of the office building on the other side.

The two of them met face to face. Lin Bin walked over quickly. "Miss Fang, Auntie!"

Fang Ya greeted Lin Bin, and Shao Xiang nodded in acknowledgment.

Lin Bin hesitated for a moment and said, "I drove here. Why don't I send you guys back?"

Fang Ya was about to refuse, but after thinking for a moment, she said, "Okay! Sorry to trouble you, Lawyer Lin."

The three of them got into the car. Fang Ya did not say anything. She just sat quietly in the passenger seat.

Lin Bin looked at Shao Xiang in the rearview mirror. He hesitated for a moment before he said to Fang Ya, "Miss Fang, have you been in contact with Mr. Tang recently?"

Fang Ya was stunned for a moment. She looked at Lin Bin and said, "Why do you ask? We haven't been in contact since our divorce."

"I haven't even settled the score with him for the last time he kidnapped Tang Tang." Fang Ya inwardly gritted her teeth and said.

When Shao Xiang heard that it was about Tang Tang, she leaned forward slightly and listened carefully.

Fang Ya looked at Lin Bin and asked, "So, Lawyer Lin, what happened to Tang Fu?"

Lin Bin nodded. "I think Miss Fang has heard about it from Captain He. Tang Fu is involved in a big financial fraud case."

"But there's no evidence to arrest him, is there?" Fang Ya clenched her fists tightly, as if she was trying to restrain something.

Lin Bin nodded slightly. "You are really well-informed."

Lin Bin hesitated for a moment before he said, "If I say that I have evidence, could you ask Captain He to ensure my safety?"

As Lin Bin spoke, his gaze intentionally shifted in Fang Ya's direction.

Fang Ya paused for a moment before she said, "I was never involved in the case. You are asking the wrong person."

Lin Bin was stunned for a moment before he shook his head and said with a chuckle, "It seems that you don't intend to help."

Fang Ya shook her head apologetically. "It's not that I don't want to help. It's that I really can't help you.

"I can't help you with this legal debacle. If you need my help with your family's matters, perhaps I can help." Fang Ya turned her head slightly to look at Lin Bin.

Lin Bin was a little surprised that Fang Ya knew that something had happened to his family. He looked at Fang Ya in a panic and then focused his gaze forward.

"I don't quite understand what you mean." Lin Bin tried hard to control his panic and make himself look normal.

Fang Ya smiled gently and said, "The photo frame on your desk seemed to have been touched a fair bit the other day. I'm quite sensitive to such details, so..."

Lin Bin shook his head and smiled bitterly. "Nothing escapes a woman's gaze!"

"I may need some time to deal with the matters at home. If necessary, I hope that you can lend me a hand," Lin Bin said sincerely.

Fang Ya did not refuse him and said, "Lawyer Lin, many paths are taken by oneself step by step. Don't let yourself fall into a desperate situation. The first step is not to take the wrong path!"

When Lin Bin heard that, he took a deep breath and said with a bitter smile, "A lot of things have already happened. It's too late to say anything else."

Fang Ya shook her head. "No, it's not too late! There are still many things that can be salvaged!"

When Lin Bin heard that, his eyes shone with hope. "Then, I hope that's really the case!"

Lin Bin drove to Fang Ya's door and watched Fang Ya and Shao Xiang get out of the car.

He hesitated for a moment before saying, "Miss Fang, it's best not to let strangers in and out of your house in the near future..."

When Fang Ya heard Lin Bin's words, she was a little startled. Then, she nodded. "Thank you, Lawyer Lin, for your advice!"

If you want to read more chapters, please visit NovelNext.Com to experience faster update speed

Chapter 177: Aren't You Going To Sleep With Your Husband?

Translator: EndlessFantasy Translation Editor: EndlessFantasy Translation

When Fang Ya and Shao Xiang returned home, they saw Mingxia busying herself in the kitchen.

Mingxia was a diligent girl. Ever since she came to Fang Ya's house, she had been working hard every day.

Fang Ya now trusted Mingxia.

However, Lawyer Lin's words today had sown some doubts.

She looked at Mingxia carefully, seriously considering if she had been too hasty.

Mingxia had just finished cleaning the kitchen glass when she saw Fang Ya sitting in the courtyard, looking at her. She quickly greeted her, "Sister Ya, what's the matter?"

Fang Ya was alerted by Mingxia's voice. She looked at her and smiled. "It's nothing. Go on with your work!"

Mingxia cleaned her hands and walked over quickly. "Sister Fang Ya, is there something on your mind?"

Fang Ya shook her head and said, "Maybe I've been a little tired recently."

"I see that your husband is so busy every day. He's really tired. Why don't I massage your shoulders to relax?" Mingxia said with a smile, revealing her two rows of white teeth.

"You also know how to give massages?" Fang Ya looked at Mingxia with some surprise.

"When I first came to the city, I didn't know anything. I learned a bit of everything." A smile appeared on Mingxia's face.

Fang Ya nodded slightly, taking note of Mingxia's enthusiasm.

Mingxia quickly moved behind Fang Ya and started massaging her dilligently.

As Mingxia massaged her, she asked, "Sis, don't you sleep in the same room with your husband every day?"

What Mingxia said made Fang Ya feel a little awkward. "Yeah, we still have to take care of the children."

Mingxia smiled. "I think Tang Tang and the others aren't young anymore. There's no need to take care of them."

Fang Ya did not want to continue this topic, so she said, "Then, Mingxia, are you married?"

Mingxia immediately blushed shyly. "My parents arranged a marriage, but I didn't like it, so I ran away."

Fang Ya looked at Mingxia's bashful face and smiled. "I happen to know a girl just like you. She did not want to be manipulated by her family."

"Really? I thought there was no such thing in the city." Mingxia revealed a helpless and bitter smile.

"This is just how some parents show their love for their children." As Fang Ya spoke, her gaze swept in Shao Xiang's direction.

"Perhaps they did not know any better how this would have affected you. They just hope that you can live happily within the scope of their understanding." Fang Ya said softly. There was a trace of helplessness and also some bitterness.

Ming Xia nodded and said, "I know! But I don't want to accept my fate!"

Fang Ya gently grabbed Ming Xia's hand and said, "Okay! Then fight it! You can succeed!"

Ming Xia revealed a bright and beautiful smile. It was pleasant to look at.

Fang Ya sighed softly. "Maybe I was thinking too much."

Ming Xia did not hear Fang Ya's words clearly. She quickly lowered her head and asked, "Sister, what did you say?"

Fang Ya shook her head and said, "Go do your thing. I would like to go back and rest for a while."

Mingxia replied and walked to He Peng's room.

Fang Ya quickly called out, "Mingxia... let He Peng clean up that room himself."

After all, it was the room that He Feng and his son stayed in. Fang Ya felt that it was inappropriate for a girl like Mingxia to clean up the room.

Previously, when Shao Xiang was taking care of the house, He Feng and He Peng were also the ones who cleaned up the room.

Mingxia turned her head and smiled. "It's okay, I'm not tired!"

Fang Ya reached out her hand to stop Mingxia, but she saw that Mingxia had already pushed the door open and entered.

Fang Ya frowned slightly. She felt that it was better to arrange some things in advance.

That night, Fang Ya and He Feng sat in the hall and sorted out the clues of the various things that had happened recently.

Fang Ya also told He Feng about her meeting with Lin Bin.

He Feng nodded and said, "I know that he must have the evidence in his hands. However, I haven't thought about how to use this evidence yet."

Fang Ya was stunned. She did not expect He Feng to actually hesitate using actual evidence in hand.

"You mean..." Fang Ya paused for a moment. "You want to throw in a long line to reel in a big fish?"

He Feng nodded. "Indeed. Lin Bin's lead might be more suitable for such an approach."

He Feng knew that he should not talk too much about work with Fang Ya, but for some reason, he always wanted to hear Fang Ya's opinion.

Fang Ya always seemed to be able to spot key points when He Feng was in trouble, enlightening him time and again.

Chapter 178: Who Can I Trust?

After chatting for a while, Fang Ya saw Mingxia walk past the courtyard.

There were three main rooms in Fang Ya's house, and a small room was in the corner.

That small room was originally used by Fang Ya for the children's study and entertainment.

The children were still young and did not need it for the time being. It just so happened that Mingxia was here, so she had left it for Mingxia to use as a room.

Mingxia's room was between Fang Ya and He Feng's room. Every time she went in and out, Fang Ya could see it clearly.

Fang Ya hesitated for a moment before saying, "Well, what do you think of Mingxia?"

He Feng was stunned for a moment. His gaze followed Fang Ya's gaze and saw Mingxia carrying a basin of water towards her room.

He Feng pondered for a moment and said, "She seems very capable."

"Seems?" Fang Ya noticed He Feng's choice of words.

He Feng nodded. "Things have turned dangerous now. Anyone who comes into close contact with us needs to be paid special attention."

"Even Lawyer Lin deigned it necessary to warn us. Be it Mingxia or... Han Qiao, we need to pay attention." He Feng mentioned a name that surprised Fang Ya.

"Han Qiao? Why do you suspect her?" Fang Ya looked at He Feng in disbelief.

He Feng did not answer immediately. He only said, "No one can be 100% trusted."

He Feng grabbed Fang Ya's hand and said, "We're actually not familiar with Wu Wei and Han Qiao, are we?"

Hearing He Feng's words, Fang Ya felt a chill behind her back for some reason. "What do you mean?"

He Feng held Fang Ya's hand tightly. "No matter what, before the truth is revealed, no one should take what they hear as fact."

Fang Ya's eyes stared into He Feng, feeling an unprecedented sense of fear.

Fang Ya did not know why she still did not have the ability to read the people around her, even though she had the benefit of a lifetime's experience?

Were people around her all masked actors on stage?

Fang Ya was confused for a moment, but she did not know how to express her feelings.

Fang Ya thought for a moment before she held He Feng's hand. "I'll listen to you! I'll do whatever you want me to do!"

He Feng looked at Fang Ya's trusting expression and smiled slightly. "Do you trust me that much?"

Fang Ya's eyes stared at He Feng and said firmly, "If I don't trust you, I don't know who to trust!"

Looking at Fang Ya's desperate look, He Feng felt a slight heat in his heart.

"Don't worry, I won't let you down!" He Feng's eyes were full of sincerity.

Fang Ya smiled, but the fear in her heart did not disappear.

The two chatted for a long time. It was late at night when He Feng got up and was ready to leave.

He walked to the door and was about to open it when he said, "Wait for me for a little while more to settle these things. Then we can have our good wedding."

Fang Ya stood up and faced He Feng. "I don't need a wedding. As long as we can be together forever, that's enough."

He Feng did not agree. "No matter what, I want everyone to know that you are my wife!"

Fang Ya looked at He Feng's prideful look and the corners of her mouth curled up slightly.

She secretly thought that perhaps one day, she would really be able to stand side by side with him at the top of the world.

She wondered when that day would come.

Fang Ya was a little surprised that she would have such a thought.

Originally, she only chose to be together with He Feng just so that she and Tang Tang could have a more stable life.

But as the time she spent with He Feng grew longer and longer, Fang Ya found this greed in her heart gradually growing.

She hoped that she could be together with He Feng forever.

She also hoped that He Feng could reach the peak she saw him attain in her past life.

She hoped that when he reached that point, she would be standing beside him!

Chapter 179: Begging For Forgiveness

Fang Ya watched He Feng leave and walked into her room.

She gently locked the door, turned off the lights in the living room, and returned to her room.

Tang Tang was still awake, lying on the bed and looking at Fang Ya with her eyes wide open.

"Why are you still awake?" Fang Ya walked forward and gently kissed Tang Tang's forehead.

Tang Tang revealed a sweet smile. "Mom, I'll let you in on a secret!"

"Oh? What secret?" Fang Ya leaned forward and gently patted Tang Tang's shoulder.

Tang Tang was already a little sleepy. As she took in Fang Ya's scent, her sleepiness gradually came over. "I saw aunt today..."

"Aunt and an uncle..." Tang Tang said, her voice becoming softer and softer.

After hearing Tang Tang mention the last word, Fang Ya's eyes gradually darkened.

Was it really just as He Feng said, that Han Qiao was not a trustworthy person?

Fang Ya lay on the bed and tossed and turned.

It was not until dawn before Fang Ya fell into a deep sleep.

In a daze, Fang Ya heard the noise in the yard.

She struggled to get up, put on her coat and walked out of the room. She saw Han Qiao and Mingxia standing in the yard and quarreling.

Shao Xiang stood aside and watched the two of them awkwardly.

Fang Ya quickly walked up and asked, "What's going on?"

Han Qiao fiercely threw the mop in her hand on the ground.

"I can't live with this person in this house!" Han Qiao said with disgust.

Shao Xiang stood aside and looked at Mingxia helplessly. For a moment, she did not know what to say.

Mingxia also looked at Han Qiao with a wronged expression. Then, she looked at Fang Ya and said, "Sis, I really didn't do anything."

Fang Ya glanced at Mingxia and asked Han Qiao, "What's going on?"

Han Qiao gritted her teeth and said, "This person stole something!"

Fang Ya was stunned for a moment and looked at Mingxia. "Did you do it?"

Mingxia quickly shook her head. "No! I definitely didn't steal anything!"

However, Han Qiao was still unwilling to let her go. "Then tell me, how did my ring end up in your room?"

As Han Qiao spoke, she showed the ring in her hand to Fang Ya. "I found this in her room this morning!"

Fang Ya looked at Han Qiao in surprise. "You searched? You searched Mingxia's room?"

"Why? Can't I?"Han Qiao raised her chin and said righteously.

Fang Ya sighed helplessly, "Han Qiao, no matter what, it's not right for you to search other's rooms without permission!"

"But she stole something from me!" Han Qiao refused to back down.

Fang Ya took a deep breath and slowly exhaled.

She turned to look at Mingxia, "Why was this ring in your room?"

Mingxia spoke with an aggrieved face, "Sis, I really don't know! I've never seen this ring before!"

Han Qiao kicked the mop in front of her heavily and said, "You don't know! Can you erase the fact that you're a thief by saying you don't know?"

Mingxia looked so aggrieved that she was about to cry. "I really, I really don't know..."

Shao Xiang stood in the middle and tried to comfort her, but she did not know what to say. She could only sigh to herself as her hand floated in the air awkwardly.

Tang Tang walked out of the room while rubbing her eyes in a daze.

She walked to Fang Ya's side and tugged at the hem of Fang Ya's clothes. "Mom, what's wrong? Why is it so noisy?"

Fang Ya gently carried Tang Tang up and said, "I'll investigate this matter clearly. It's early in the morning now. Disperse!"

Ming Xia rubbed her hands in grievance. She did not want to leave.

Han Qiao did not plan to give up either. She still looked like she had several rounds of ammunition left in her tongue.

Shao Xiang looked left and right. She had no idea what to do.

Fang Ya was a little annoyed by the dispute. Just as she was about to leave, she heard Tang Tang's tender voice say, "Hey, is that ring aunt's?"

Fang Ya looked at Tang Tang in her arms and asked, "Have you seen that ring?"

Tang Tang nodded. She thought for a moment and said, "I saw it at the entrance of the courtyard the other day. Aunt Mingxia happened to pass by there. I thought it was hers, so I helped her pick it up."

"Where did you put it after you picked it up?" Fang Ya asked again.

Tang Tang pointed to Mingxia's room. "On Aunt Mingxia's table."

If you want to read more chapters, please visit NovelNext.Com to experience faster update speed

Chapter 180: Mingxia Stays

Fang Ya heard Tang Tang's words and glanced at Mingxia wordlessly.

Han Qiao heard Tang Tang's words and frowned. "Even if Tang Tang picked it up, she never mentioned anything about having something that's not hers!"

Hearing Han Qiao's words, Fang Ya sighed helplessly. "I know how to handle this matter. Since the ring is with you, keep it well. Don't lose it again."

After saying that, Fang Ya said to Mingxia, "Mingxia, come with me."

Mingxia followed behind Fang Ya submissively and they walked towards Fang Ya's room.

Han Qiao looked at Mingxia's back and silently cursed something before turning around and leaving.

Shao Xiang could not help but sigh when she saw that the farce had finally ended.

Fang Ya walked into the room and let Tang Tang play by herself.

She turned to face Mingxia.

Mingxia was startled by Fang Ya's cold expression and took a step back guiltily.

"Mingxia, I thought you really didn't want to accept your fate and came here to fight to stand on your own two feet." Fang Ya's tone was somewhat disappointed.

Mingxia's face was full of grievance. She wanted to argue but did not know how to say it.

Fang Ya sighed and said, "You were introduced by a friend. I won't tell her about this, but I can't keep you around."

Upon hearing Fang Ya's words, Ming Xia fell to her knees with a thud. "Sister! You can't chase me away! I have nowhere else to go!"

Fang Ya shook her head and said, "I can take you in, but I can't tolerate you stealing!"

Mingxia grabbed Fang Ya's hand and refused to let go. "I wouldn't dare to anymore! Sister! I really don't dare to anymore!"

"I didn't take it on purpose! I just... just..." Mingxia said, her face full of grief.

Fang Ya knew that she had just been greedy for a moment.

But once such greed rears its head once, the allure would come again with twice as much poison, and she would fall to it.

Even if Fang Ya threw Mingxia out, the girl would be left with new demons of her own.

Fang Ya knew what Mingxia was thinking, and she also knew that Mingxia needed a chance.

However, Fang Ya could not let her off so easily, or else she might not remember this lesson.

Tang Tang looked at Mingxia kneeling on the ground, walked forward, and pulled on Fang Ya's clothes. "Mom, it wasn't Aunt Mingxia who took the ring, it was me who took it. Can you not punish her?"

Tang Tang's tender voice sounded like she was blaming herself.

Fang Ya said to Tang Tang, "Tang Tang, do you know that no matter what you pick up, you have to give it to the owner?"

"You can't give it to whoever you think it belongs to. Do you understand?" Fang Ya took the opportunity to teach Tang Tang a lesson.

"Moreover, when you put the ring in Aunt Mingxia's room, you didn't greet her, did you?" Fang Ya continued.

"It's wrong to enter and leave other people's rooms without saying hello, do you understand?" Fang Ya looked at Tang Tang and said seriously.

Tang Tang lowered her head slightly and answered, "Mom, I know I'm wrong."

Fang Ya gently pulled Tang Tang into her arms. "Good girl. Remember this lesson."

Fang Ya turned to look at Mingxia again. "It's not up to me to forgive you this time. You can only go to Han Qiao and ask her to forgive you.

"If she doesn't want to forgive you, I can't keep you here," Fang Ya said mercilessly.

When Mingxia heard that, although she was a little conflicted, she understood that Fang Ya had at least given her a way out.

Mingxia nodded heavily and quickly stood up. "I understand! I'll go find sister Han now!"

Mingxia came to Shao Xiang and Han Qiao's area of the house and knocked on the door.

Shao Xiang came to open the door. When she saw that it was Mingxia, she moved away slightly and let Mingxia come in. "Come in."

Han Qiao was sitting on the bed sulking. When she saw Mingxia come in, her expression became even uglier. "Who let you in!"

Mingxia faced Han Qiao and twisted the corner of her clothes with both hands. "Sister Han, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have hidden your things."

"Although I didn't know it was yours, it was not good to hide your things." Mingxia recounted her mistakes carefully.

Shao Xiang sat at the side and looked at the two young women quietly. A gratified smile appeared on her face.

If you want to read more chapters, please visit NovelNext.Com to experience faster update speed

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

628K 15.5K 200
Rumor had it that Qiao Xi had a weak constitution-a sickly beauty. Rumor had it that she spent a fortune every day on medications-eating them like ca...
3.5M 146K 61
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
6.1K 59 10
Y/n and Peter Parker have been best friends since they were born. But in the Summer of 9th grade, they grew to now hate each other. And after being p...
702K 14.5K 70
Amanda, or Mandy as her friends call her is 26 years old trying to live her life. She decides to move in with her older brother, Jordan, who lives in...