AFTER GETTING ABANDONED, I CH...

By DonnaMariano149

AFTER GETTING ABANDONED, I CHOOSE TO BECOME THE GENERAL'S WIFE Author: Bao Genre: Romance, Psychological Stat... More

DESCRIPTION
1-10
11-20
21-30
31-40
41-50
51-60
61-70
71-80
81-90
91-100
101-110
111-120
121-130
131-140
141-150
161-170
171-180
181-190
191-200
201-210
211-220
221-230
231-240
241-250
251-260
261-270
271-280
281-290
291-300
301-320
321-330
331-340
341-350
351-360
361-370
371-380
381-390
391-398 END

151-160

781 11 0
By DonnaMariano149

Chapter 151: Doing The Right Thing

Shao Xiang did not speak, and neither did Fang Ya. The two of them just sat in silence.

Not long after, He Peng returned home from school. It was a little strange to see Shao Xiang and Fang Ya sitting in the yard.

"Grandma, Mom, what are you doing here?" He Peng walked forward, took off his schoolbag, and put it aside.

Fang Ya looked at He Peng's sweaty face and asked, "Why are you sweating all over?"

He Peng wiped the sweat off his face with his sleeve. "I caught a thief on the way back."

Fang Ya and Shao Xiang were a little surprised to hear He Peng's words.

"Caught a thief?" Fang Ya looked at the traces of mud on He Peng's face and asked, "Are you hurt?"

He Peng shook his head and said proudly, "I'm fine! The technique that dad taught me is really good!"

Fang Ya smiled helplessly and asked, "What about the thief?"

He Peng grinned and said, "He has been taken away by the police!"

"You can't take such a risk next time, do you understand!" Fang Ya looked at He Peng with a slightly serious expression.

"You're still a child. It's very dangerous!" Fang Ya warned him.

He Peng felt a little wronged, but he still nodded.

Shao Xiang quickly tried to persuade him, "A child is only trying his best! You should praise him!"

"Mom!" Fang Ya said to Shao Xiang helplessly, "What if the thief was armed? What if he's stronger than him?"

"He doesn't know the severity of the matter and only knows how to charge forward. It's very easy to put himself in danger!" Fang Ya said and could not help but sigh.

Shao Xiang also knew what Fang Ya meant, but when she saw He Peng's aggrieved look, she still felt a little heartache.

Fang Ya felt a little helpless. She looked at Shao Xiang and after a long while, she laughed. "This child is really like his father!"

When Shao Xiang saw Fang Ya laugh, her face finally relaxed a little.

She gently pulled He Peng into her arms and said, "It's a good thing for you to do what's right!"

"Your mother and I admire you very much!" Shao Xiang said sincerely, "But, what your mother said is not wrong."

"If you encounter this kind of situation in the future, you must first make sure that you're his match. Don't put yourself in danger, understand!" Shao Xiang warned He Peng.

He Peng listened to Shao Xiang's words and nodded animatedly.

Fang Ya saw that He Peng looked depressed, so she said to Shao Xiang, "Tonight, let's add a dish for our little hero!"

Hearing Fang Ya's words, He Peng's eyes instantly lit up.

Shao Xiang saw this and also echoed, "Good! Our He Peng has grown up! He's a hero of justice! Heroes deserve good meals!"

He Peng finally revealed a smile.

The large woman would carry Tang Tang to her home every day to "bond". She would only send Tang Tang home in the evening.

At that moment, Tang Tang was being carried into the courtyard and heard Shao Xiang and Fang Ya talking about how they wanted to reward He Peng.

The large woman came forward curiously. "He Peng scored 100 points in his exam? Is he being rewarded for that?"

The large woman's words immediately silenced He Peng.

He Peng stood rooted to the ground and returned to his previous depressed look.

When Fang Ya saw this, she suddenly remembered that these two days seemed to be the end of the semester for He Peng.

When she looked at He Peng's appearance, she knew that this child's results had not been very good.

Fang Ya wanted to laugh, but she tried hard to hold it in. "He Peng, how was the exam?"

He Peng raised his head to look at Fang Ya, his face begging for mercy.

Fang Ya tried her best to hold back her laughter and said, "Take it out! If I don't sign it, it'll be hard to explain it to the teacher!"

He Peng pursed his lips and took out his exam paper from his backpack.

Fang Ya looked at the 85 marks written on the exam paper and shook her head. "He Peng, studying still comes first, understand?"

He Peng quickly nodded and obediently handed his pen to Fang Ya with both hand.

Chapter 152: Private Tutors

The problem of He Peng's grades, which he had been worried about for the whole day, was easily solved.

At that moment, he seemed to be full of vitality.

He Feng helped Shao Xiang with the dishes and tidied the dining table.

Fang Ya looked at the test paper that He Peng had produced, and the corners of her mouth could not help but curl.

The content of the test paper was not difficult, but judging from He Peng's answers, it was obvious that his foundation was not solid.

Fang Ya herself was not highly educated, and she was not very good at tutoring.

She hesitated for a moment, greeted Shao Xiang, and went to the door of the large woman's house.

The large woman had two sons, one of whom was already in university.

Fang Ya thought that she could ask the large woman's son to tutor He Peng.

When she came to the large woman's house, she was greeted by the sight of the large woman holding a broom and chasing the younger son all over the yard.

The youngest son was 14 or 15 years old this year and was at the age where he would be highly energetic and rebellious.

Because his grades were not good and he did not like to communicate with the large woman, he would always be chased after with a broom and beaten up.

The child was also proactive. He often hid way ahead of time before the inevitable beatings came.

The large woman tired easily, so it was fine.

Fang Ya had just walked into the yard when the child was rushing out.

Fang Ya was shocked. The broom was already raised in front of her.

Just as the broom was about to hit Fang Ya, a hand reached out and blocked the broom.

"Mom, you almost hit Aunt Fang." The eldest son just happened to come back from the outside and conveniently prevented the tragedy.

The large woman looked at Fang Ya somewhat embarrassedly. "I'm sorry, I couldn't hold stop it in time."

As the large woman spoke, her gaze swept over to her youngest son who was hiding behind her eldest son. "You little brat, come over here!"

The large woman had a fiery temper to begin with, and because she did not manage to hit her youngest son and almost accidentally hurt Fang Ya, she was even more flustered and exasperated.

Fang Ya looked at the large woman with a helpless and bitter smile.

The large woman's eldest son opened his mouth once again. "Why are you here, Aunt Fang?"

Fang Ya looked at the youth, Lin Ze.

Although this child was tall, he wore a pair of black-rimmed glasses and looked somewhat refined.

From the looks of it, this child and the large woman were polar opposites.

Fang Ya said to Lin Ze, "Yes, I have something to trouble you with."

Lin Ze was a little surprised. He looked at the large woman and said to Fang Ya, "What is it, Auntie Fang?"

Just as Fang Ya was about to speak, the large woman spoke first.

She placed the broom on the ground and said to her eldest son, "Bring your Aunt Fang into the house and talk there! Get out of my way!"

Lin Ze looked at Fang Ya helplessly and said, "Then, Aunt Fang, Let's talk inside."

Fang Ya nodded. Looking at the young son who had lost his protection, Lin Ze could not help but find it funny.

As Lin Ze entered the house, Fang Ya sat down on the wooden sofa.

Lin Ze poured a glass of water for Fang Ya and said, "Aunt Fang, you asked for me because..."

Fang Ya smiled at Lin Ze and said, "I came to see if you can help He Peng with his homework."

Lin Ze seemed to be a little surprised. "Isn't He Peng doing well?"

Fang Ya shook her head and said, "His grades haven't been very good recently. It seems that he lacks some fundamentals."

Lin Ze thought about it for a moment and said, "Okay. I usually spend most of my time in school. Is weekend okay?"

Fang Ya nodded and said, "Just arrange it according to your time!"

Lin Ze did not object to it and said, "Then I'll try my best to help him catch up."

Fang Ya smiled at Lin Ze and said, "Then I'll have to trouble you with everything. I'll pay you for the tutoring fees."

Lin Ze immediately shook his head, "Aunt Fang, you're too kind."

Fang Ya smiled at Lin Ze and said, "No, please don't. You deserve it!"

When Lin Ze heard this, he stopped refusing.

After dealing with the issue of He Peng's tutoring, Fang Ya walked out of the room and saw the large woman beating up the child.

Chapter 153: Ways To Make Money

Fang Ya looked at the child with some heartache and walked quickly to the large woman.

"What did he do wrong today?" Fang Ya looked at the child's sad face and asked.

The large woman spat and said, "This damn kid, he actually went behind my back and talked about those scammy books about making money!"

"Money-making books?" Fang Ya looked at the boy with some surprise.

Fang Ya knew that both sons were knowledgeable and liked to read books.

But she did not expect the younger one to be this enterprising!

The more the large woman thought about it, the angrier she became. "Not books that taught him how to make money! He just regurgitated the contents of his books to others, and the little bastard is actually charging people for it!"

Fang Ya saw that the large woman was very anxious, but she did not know how to persuade her.

Fang Ya thought to herself. It was similar to the e-books in the future of her other life. People would use this method to simplify the process of reading books, and a large number of people would pay to listen to the books. How would the large woman feel about it?

Fang Ya knew that if she said these words at this time, she would probably be treated as a lunatic by the large woman.

However, Fang Ya admired the boy's brain. At least he could think of such ways to make money.

Fang Ya saw the large woman angrily winding up for another swing with her broom and quickly said, "I think he knows his mistake. If this matter doesn't work out, then forget it."

The large woman put away the broom in her hand and said fiercely, "You are lucky today. Your Aunt Fang pleaded for you!

"If I find out that you are doing these opportunistic things again, I will definitely teach you a good lesson!" As the large woman said this, she finally loosened her grip.

The boy looked at Fang Ya gratefully, almost rushing forward to hug her.

Fang Ya smiled at him and said, "It's amazing that you can think of these tricks! It's just that you're still young. It's better to wait for you to grow up before talking about these things."

He nodded at Fang Ya. "I won't dare to do it again in the future!"

The large woman peered at them from the corner of her eyes. After a long while, she said to Fang Ya, "I'm too busy being angry with this kid."

"I cooked an old hen today. You can take some with you later!" As the large woman said that, a smile immediately appeared on her face.

Fang Ya quickly refused, "I've cooked dinner at home. I'll go back to eat soon."

However, the large woman still insisted, "No! I'll go get it right away! You can take it back and have a taste!"

Fang Ya felt helpless. She could only let the fat aunt go get a jar of chicken soup and bring it home.

Fang Ya brought the chicken soup home, and Shao Xiang soon brought two plates of meat and vegetables to the large woman's house.

The two families went back and forth like this, passing on quite a number of dishes.

Fang Ya sighed somewhat helplessly. "Why don't we just eat together!"

The large woman clapped her hands and said, "Sure! Anyway, my husband isn't at home today, so it won't be lively if there's one less person."

Fang Ya recalled the large woman's husband and shook her head. She thought to herself about his stiff demeanor. He was not a very lively one indeed.

Fang Ya helped the large woman pack up some food and returned to her own yard.

Although they were neighbors, Fang Ya's yard was as big as two of the large woman's.

Every time the large woman came to Fang Ya's house, she would always sigh about the good environment of Fang Ya's house.

Fang Ya knew that the large woman was not jealous, but genuinely happy for Fang Ya.

The few of them sat around the table to eat. Fang Ya took this opportunity to speak out Lin Ze's idea of being He Peng's tutor.

He Peng did not have any objections. In fact, he admired Lin Ze very much.

Lin Ze had always been the first in his class since primary school.

Even when he went to university, he could still get a scholarship to be the first in his grade every year.

Although the family conditions of the large woman were not ideal, Lin Ze and Lin Yi's attendance at school had never let the large woman worry for a day.

Especially after Lin Ze went to university, he even took out subsidies from time to time to supplement his family's expenses.

Fang Ya was even a little envious of the situation of the large woman's family.

As she thought about it, although her two children were young, they were still obedient and sensible. Their futures were bright.

Chapter 154: Tang Tang Wept

He Feng came home at night and was not surprised when he heard about He Peng's exam results.

Fang Ya simply told He Feng about her idea of hiring Lin Ze as He Peng's tutor.

"You can make the decisions at home." He Feng did not raise any objections.

Fang Ya was very touched by He Peng's trust.

He Peng held Fang Ya's hand and was about to say something when he was scared by Tang Tang in the room.

In the room, Tang Tang suddenly screamed.

Fang Ya and He Feng rushed into the room.

They saw Tang Tang holding her little doll in her arms and a note in her hand.

There were no words on the note, only a doll with its head cut off.

Tang Tang had obviously been frightened by the paper and cried out in surprise.

Fang Ya rushed into the room and held Tang Tang in her arms.

As soon as Tang Tang crawled into Fang Ya's arms, she began to cry desperately, crying until she was out of breath.

Next

Stay

He Feng took the paper and looked at it carefully, frowning deeply.

"Have you given this doll to anyone today?" He Feng looked at Tang Tang, who was still crying until her face had turned red.

Tang Tang shook her head desperately and refused to say anything.

He Feng looked at Tang Tang's aggrieved and scared look. Although his heart ached, he still hoped to find the truth as soon as possible.

He walked forward and patted Fang Ya's shoulder gently.

Fang Ya raised her head to look at He Feng. The two of them exchanged a look.

Fang Ya gritted her teeth and held Tang Tang in her arms. She gently wiped the tears on Tang Tang's face. "Tang Tang, be good. Tell Mommy, where did you take the doll today?"

Tang Tang sniffled and tried hard to wipe her tears with her small hands. "I went today. I went to play with little brother."

"Little brother? Which little brother?" Fang Ya continued to ask.

Tang Tang rubbed her eyes and said, "The little brother at the end of the street. The little brother who always sits there."

Fang Ya thought carefully and asked Tang Tang, "Is it the little brother who can't walk and can only sit on the chair every day?"

Tang Tang nodded. "Yes! It's him!"

Fang Ya and He Feng looked at each other and knew that Tang Tang was talking about the youngest son of the Zheng family at the street corner, a child who had suffered from polio since young.

"You played with the little brother, and then?" Fang Ya continued to guide her.

Tang Tang tilted her head and thought for a while. "A big brother came and said he wanted to buy candy for me."

"Big brother?" He Feng suddenly had a headache.

It was hard to tell the identity of the little brother and the big brother from Tang Tang's words.

Tang Tang looked at He Feng and nodded heavily. "A very, very tall big brother."

"He said Tang Tang was very obedient, so he wanted to buy candy to reward me!" Tang Tang said as she took out two candies from her front small pocket obediently.

"Mother said, you can't eat things given by strangers! You can't eat too many candies!" Tang Tang repeated Fang Ya's words seriously.

"So, the candies are all here!" Tang Tang said as she handed the candies to Fang Ya, but her eyes never left the candies.

Fang Ya gently took the candies from Tang Tang's hands and stroked Tang Tang's hair with one hand. "Tang Tang is so obedient! You're right!"

Although Tang Tang felt a little regretful that the candy was gone just like that, it was still more important for her to listen to her mother's words!

Fang Ya took the candy and looked at it, then shook her head at He Feng.

He Feng continued to ask, "Then what else did the big brother do after buying the candy for you?"

Tang Tang thought about it seriously for a moment. "Right, big brother said that he wanted me to tell mother..."

"Tell her what?" Fang Ya and He Feng were a little nervous.

"Tell her..." Tang Tang thought about the following words seriously.

Finally, she remembered. "He said that he knows mom's secret and wants mom to keep her mouth shut."

After saying that, Tang Tang looked at Fang Ya in confusion. "Why do you have to keep your mouth shut?"

Fang Ya heard, and He Feng looked at each other again. They were both equally surprised.

Chapter 155: The Note In The Doll

He Feng concluded that the person knew about Fang Ya's ability to predict the future.

However, He Feng could not guess what the person's motive was.

However, Fang Ya felt that the person seemed to know more.

Moreover, the person had snuck about like a thief, so she might not be able to easily detect him.

Fang Ya could not help but take a deep breath. If her identity as a reincarnated person was discovered, then what kind of changes would happen?

Fang Ya did not dare to think about it, nor did she want to think about it.

Finally, Fang Ya gently hugged Tang Tang and said to He Feng, "Continue..."

Up until now, this "big brother" seemed to be the most suspicious person.

However, through Tang Tang's narration, this person had not touched Tang Tang's doll.

In other words, this person who placed the note was probably someone else!

He Feng squatted down and faced Tang Tang. "Tang Tang, be good. After the big brother, did you give the doll to anyone?"

Tang Tang shook her head. "No! This is my doll, I won't give it to anyone else!"

He Feng and Fang Ya looked at each other with troubled expressions.

Tang Tang suddenly opened her mouth at that moment. "If the doll wasn't dirtied by an annoying person, I wouldn't have asked Grandma to help me wash the doll."

"An annoying person?" Fang Ya and He Feng seemed to have grasped the key point at the same time.

Tang Tang nodded and said, "It's that bad person who always likes to bully children every day!"

He Feng frowned deeply, not knowing who Tang Tang was talking about.

However, Fang Ya had a vague idea.

Fang Ya carried Tang Tang and sat her up straight, facing her, and asked, "Is the bad person you're talking about the man who often leaves trash at our door?"

Tang Tang nodded and said, "It's him! A very bad person!"

Fang Ya raised her head and looked at He Feng. "Could it be at that time..."

He Feng nodded and had the same guess.

Tang Tang looked back and forth between the two of them. After a long while, she said, "Is he a bad person? But..."

"But he also helped me pick up the doll and even helped me get rid of the dirt on the doll," Tang Tang said with some hesitation.

Fang Ya looked at Tang Tang's appearance and thought to herself, even if this child was bullied by others, she would still choose to be gentle in return.

This might be a good habit, but oftentimes, she would be bullied and ostracized by others.

Fang Ya did not want Tang Tang to go through this, but she knew how to teach her now, and Tang Tang would not listen to her.

He Feng looked at Tang Tang's hesitant look and said, "Tang Tang, don't worry. The police won't catch the wrong person, and neither will mom and Dad!"

Tang Tang still seemed a little worried when she heard He Feng's words. "But, mom said..."

He Feng gently grabbed Tang Tang's little hand and said, "Does Tang Tang think he's a good person?"

Tang Tang furrowed her little brows tightly, seeming a little conflicted.

Seeing this, Fang Ya gently put her arm around Tang Tang's shoulder. "Say whatever you think, Tang Tang. Don't worry about what I think."

Only then did Tang Tang truly express her thoughts. "Although he always bullies others, he will also help others when they need help."

"He also met an uncle on the road the other day and invited him in dinner. He even helped him pick out a gift." Tang Tang said what she had heard.

Fang Ya, however, found it a little strange at that moment.

Wu Wei had never brought any gifts whenever he came over for dinner.

Why did Tang Tang say that Wu Wei was helping that man pick a gift?

Was it the day Wu Wei ran into trouble?

The more Fang Ya thought about it, the more she felt that this was the case.

She looked up at He Feng and saw that He Feng also looking back at her.

Both of them saw the same guess in each other's eyes.

This was probably a complicated issue...

He Feng saw that Tang Tang seemed to be in a difficult position, so he advised her, "Tang Tang, don't think about it anymore. Let me settle this matter, okay?"

When Tang Tang heard this, she looked as if she had been relieved of a heavy burden. "Okay! Then I'll have to trouble you!"

When He Feng saw that Tang Tang was so obedient, he could not help but smile.

Fang Ya quietly put the note into her pocket, keeping it out of Tang Tang's sight for good.

Chapter 156: New Developments In The Case

After coaxing Tang Tang to sleep, Fang Ya and He Feng left the room and went to the courtyard.

Fang Ya sat on the stone bench and took out the note.

Using the natural light from the courtyard, Fang Ya looked at the drawing on the note.

He Feng sat opposite Fang Ya and looked at Fang Ya's tightly knitted brows. "Have you thought of something?"

Fang Ya pondered for a moment before she raised her head and said to He Feng, "I have a feeling that this matter doesn't seem to be directed at Tang Tang."

"You mean... Wu Wei?" He Feng guessed.

Fang Ya pondered for a moment, then handed the note to He Feng. "I have a feeling that this matter should be directed at Wu Wei."

"But, this doll... how should I explain it?" Fang Ya looked at the decapitated doll and felt a little flustered.

He Feng looked at the note with a very serious expression. "This note looks like a threat..."

"But who is the other party and what are they trying to do?" He Feng gritted his teeth and had no idea.

The two of them sat in the courtyard for about an hour, but they still could not come to any conclusion.

"Don't think about it. You go to sleep first. I'll go and talk to that woman tomorrow," He Feng said and urged Fang Ya to go back to her room to sleep.

Fang Ya nodded slightly, glanced at He Feng, and returned to her room.

Next

Stay

He Feng looked at the closed door in front of him and sighed quietly.

The next morning, He Feng rushed to the team after breakfast.

It was said that there had been a new development in Wu Wei's case.

When He Feng arrived at the team, he saw a group of people gathered together and chattering away.

He moved closer to take a look and saw a paper box containing a letter.

Everyone was surrounding the paper box, and they were all speaking over each other.

He Feng leaned over and coughed.

When everyone heard the sound, they immediately retreated to the sides. "Captain He!"

He Feng nodded and walked forward. He looked at the letter in the paper box. "What's going on?"

Li Tong immediately walked forward. "Brother Feng, someone sent this box over early in the morning. They said it was for you."

He Feng frowned slightly. He saw that the letter clearly said "Wu Wei received it."

He Feng pondered for a moment and asked someone to get the Evidence Department to come over and examine it.

The Evidence Department staff quickly arrived and opened the letter.

There were only a few simple sentences in the letter. The general meaning implied was that the other party could prove that Wu Wei did not kill anyone.

However, it was inconvenient for the other party to reveal their name, so they could not publicly testify.

This barely helped in solving the case. The other party did not reveal even identify themselves, how could they prove that what the other party said was true!

Everyone fell into a state of anxiety.

He Feng held the letter and carefully studied it.

In order to prevent detection of the notes, the other party had used a special printer to print out this paragraph of text.

There was not much content in the text, so it could be seen that the other party was not very good at writing.

In just a few sentences, several typos had already appeared.

However, the most noticeable thing was that the other party always used the customary modal word "Na" at the end of each sentence.

He Feng could not remember anyone who had such a habit around him.

While sending his team members to investigate, He Feng gave Fang Ya a call.

Fang Ya was in her office processing the documents sent today, preparing to bring them to Nie Jun to take a look.

When she saw He Feng's call, Fang Ya immediately picked it up. "He Feng, what's the matter?"

He Feng told Fang Ya about the letter.

"Do you remember anyone who ends their sentences with the word 'na'?" He Feng asked Fang Ya.

Fang Ya frowned and thought for a moment. "There doesn't seem to be such a person around."

"I wonder if it's someone close to Wu Wei?" Fang Ya guessed.

"How about this, I'll go home later and ask mom if she knows of such a person." Fang Ya thought for a moment and said.

"Well, don't reveal too much information." He Feng did not forget to remind her.

"Yeah, I know." Fang Ya nodded secretly.

Chapter 157: Moving?

Fang Ya went to the hospital and saw Nie Jun leaning against the bed with a depressed expression.

Fang Ya walked forward curiously. "Secretary, what happened today?"

Nie Jun pursed his lips. "They said that I'll only be discharged in another month."

Nie Jun looked at Fang Ya unhappily. "Can you help me put a word in with the Doctor and have me leave earlier?"

Fang Ya shook her head without hesitation. "Secretary, the doctor is only looking out for your own good!"

"You can just rest and stay here. He Feng will take care of the matters outside." In order to make Nie Jun Feel at ease, Fang Ya quickly comforted him.

"Hmph! That kid is the one making me uneasy!" Nie Jun could not help but snort.

"In the past, whenever they got stuck on a case, that kid always came over and discussed it with me," Nie Jun said with some dissatisfaction.

"Now, he's doing so well, oh so well. It's fine if he doesn't say anything, but he's completely vanished!" Nie Jun said as he patted the blanket beside him.

Fang Ya looked at Nie Jun's childlike appearance and wanted to laugh. "Don't worry. He Feng said he'll come tonight."

"He hasn't come for three days!" Nie Jun emphasized again.

Fang Ya smiled at Nie Jun. While pouring him water, she brought some documents for him to sign.

Ever since He Feng did not come to the hospital, he had already informed the district government that Nie Jun was injured and needed someone to take care of him.

Taking turns to send a few brothers to take care of him was just to ensure Nie Jun's safety.

Now, under the arrangements of the district government, they had applied for a security guard to accompany Nie Jun. There was also a nurse to help take care of his daily needs, which saved He Feng and Fang Ya a lot of trouble.

Every time Fang Ya came over, she did not forget to bring some delicious food for Nie Jun.

Nie Jun ate the snacks that Fang Ya brought while looking at the documents in his hand.

"Return these few portions to them and have them change them before sending them over," said Nie Jun as he circled a few parts on the document with a pencil.

Fang Ya nodded and put the document back.

Nie Jun looked at the document and suddenly raised his head to look at Fang Ya. "Have they made any moves?"

Fang Ya pondered for a moment before saying, "I wanted to tell you later."

"They already made their move yesterday, but this morning, I saw that document appear in the trash can in my office." Fang Ya hesitated for a moment, not knowing what to say.

"You mean, they've discovered it?" Nie Jun guessed and asked.

Fang Ya nodded. "It's very possible!"

Nie Jun thought for a moment and said, "No problem. If they found out, we can still work with that.

"Since they are so alert, the person behind this should be very familiar with me." Nie Jun sneered.

"When you go back today, put a few pieces of paper that I signed in the office. Remember to 'hide' it well." Nie Jun did not forget to remind her.

Fang Ya nodded as if she understood Nie Jun's deep thoughts.

Fang Ya took the piece of paper that Nie Jun signed with his hand and put it into her bag.

When she was almost done with her official business, Fang Ya thought about it for a moment and asked Nie Jun, "Secretary, do you believe in the supernatural?"

Nie Jun looked at Fang Ya and pondered for a moment before saying, "Why would you ask this question?"

Fang Ya thought for a moment and said, "I didn't believe in ghosts and gods at first, but now I have no choice but to believe in them."

Nie Jun looked at Fang Ya and smiled. "I would rather have real ghosts and gods. It would be good if I could meet them."

As Nie Jun said this, his eyes were a little dazed as he stared ahead.

Fang Ya knew that Nie Jun was talking about his wife and son.

That's right. For an old man who was close to 60 years old, the premature death of his wife and son would probably be the greatest pain in his life.

Fang Ya accompanied Nie Jun for a while more before she was ready to go home.

As she got on the bus and looked at the passing cars, Fang Ya secretly hatched a plan in her heart.

Chapter 158: New Guests

Because Fang Ya's house was a certain distance away from the city, it took her nearly an hour and a half to go to and from the hospital every day.

He Feng also needed nearly half an hour to go to work.

Fang Ya thought about moving to the city so that everyone's life would be more convenient.

As Fang Ya was thinking about this, she saw Shao Xiang tidying up her things in big and small bags.

"Mom, what are you doing?" Fang Ya looked at Shao Xiang in confusion.

Shao Xiang sighed and said, "Wu Wei's wife said that she was scared and wanted to stay over for a few days."

"Where is her mother's family?" Fang Ya asked curiously.

"Sigh, that child is really pitiful. On the first year of marriage, her mother passed away." Shao Xiang sighed helplessly.

"She grew up with her mother. At that time, I remember her crying her heart out." As Shao Xiang spoke, she continued to busy herself with the work in her hands.

"It's said that her mother escaped from the mountains with her." Shao Xiang tidied up a few clothes that looked rather clean.

"They have no one else in their family." As Shao Xiang spoke, she turned to look at Fang Ya. "Would you be okay with that?"

Fang Ya shook her head and said, "Wu Wei's wife is also our family member. There's no problem."

Fang Ya looked at Shao Xiang carefully tidying up her room. It was obvious that she intended to let her daughter-in-law live with her.

Fang Ya turned around and walked to her room. Looking at the tree in the courtyard, she began to hesitate again.

Although the houses in the city were close to each other, it seemed that there were very few such large lots that could allow a family to live together.

Fang Ya frowned and thought about it. It was better to wait for a while first!

When she returned to her room, Fang Ya tidied up her things briefly and thought of the question He Feng had asked her.

When she walked out of the door, she found that Shao Xiang had already tidied up her things and was sitting in the courtyard, peeling garlic.

Fang Ya walked forward and looked at Shao Xiang. After hesitating for a moment, she asked, "Mom, do you know anyone around me who likes to end their conversation with the word 'na'?"

Shao Xiang raised his head to look at Fang Ya. she frowned and paused for a moment. "What 'na'?"

Fang Ya thought for a moment and said, "Someone who likes to end their conversation with the word 'na'."

Shao Xiang stopped what she was doing and thought seriously for a moment. Then, she shook her head and said, "Doesn't ring a bell."

Fang Ya quietly sighed and sat down to help Shao Xiang peel the garlic skin.

The two of them continued to peel the garlic skin quietly.

Shao Xiang looked at Fang Ya and wanted to say something but stopped.

Fang Ya was equally troubled.

After a while, the large woman pushed open the courtyard door and walked in. "Ho, everyone is here!"

Tang Tang held the woman's hand and walked into the courtyard with a smile. "Mom, Grandma, I'm back!"

Fang Ya smiled at Tang Tang and was about to reach out her hand when she remembered the dirt on her hand, so she held back.

Shao Xiang smiled at the large woman. "I put you through trouble again today."

"Don't say that!" The large woman waved her hand and walked in front of the two of them. "I like Tang Tang very much!"

As she spoke, she kissed Tang Tang on the cheek. "In the future, it would be great if she could be my daughter-in-law."

Seeing the large woman bring up this topic again, Fang Ya smiled helplessly.

Shao Xiang quickly pulled over a small stool at the side. "Sit down and chat for a while."

She hesitated for a moment and sat down. "There's no one at home now anyway!"

Just as she sat down, she suddenly thought of something. "Hey, last night when I came out to deliver clothes to the kids, I saw someone sneaking around your door.

"It was too dark at that time, so I didn't tell you." The large woman slapped her forehead and said, "Now I suddenly remember."

Fang Ya perked up and asked, "Did you notice what kind of person it was?"

She thought about it for a moment and said, "It seemed to be a woman."

Chapter 159: Tang Tang Is Learning

Fang Ya and Shao Xiang looked at each other.

"Could it be Lu Ping?" Shao Xiang looked at Fang Ya and asked.

Fang Ya shook her head. Obviously, she did not have any ideas.

The large woman thought for a moment and said, "I've seen that Lu Ping before. Judging from her size, it shouldn't be."

"Someone else? Who could it be?" Fang Ya was also confused.

Tang Tang held the doll in her hand and played happily. She ran around the courtyard.

Suddenly, Tang Tang fell to the ground with a bump.

Fang Ya quickly walked forward and gently helped Tang Tang up.

She asked softly, "Are you hurt?"

Although Tang Tang fell, she still held back her tears. She curled her lips and shook her head. "No."

Fang Ya smiled at Tang Tang and said, "You've grown up."

Tang Tang nodded and used her hand to wipe away the tears that had already fallen. "Yes! I've grown up."

Fang Ya looked at the obedient Tang Tang and suddenly fell into a stupor.

In her previous life, such a scene seemed to have happened before.

But at that time, Tang Tang would always be hysterical and cry until Fang Ya herself broke down.

Fang Ya did not know why Tang Tang had changed, nor could she imagine what else could happen because of such a change.

She could only secretly pray that everything was going in a good direction.

Fang Ya led Tang Tang to the sink at the side and cleaned up the dirt on her body and face.

Seeing Tang Tang trying hard to hold back her tears, Fang Ya felt heartache, although she also felt more gratified.

After bringing Tang Tang back to the stone bench, Fang Ya held her in her arms and sat down.

The large woman looked at Tang Tang, and the more she looked at her, the happier she became. "Tang Tang is really such a good kid. Just too good."

Fang Ya smiled at the large woman and said, "Your two sons are great too. He Peng said that Lin Ze is very attentive in class."

The woman waved it off and said, "My two rascals make me anxious all the time!"

As she said that, she sighed again. "Well, two days ago, that boy, Lin Yi, was chased out by two little girls in class. He's been unhappy ever since.

"He's really useless!" The large woman could not help but mutter.

Looking at the large woman's appearance, Fang Ya and Shao Xiang looked at each other, smiling.

The few of them chatted for a while, and then the large woman clamored to go home and prepare dinner.

Shao Xiang also put down what she was doing and got up to cook dinner.

Fang Ya brought Tang Tang back to the room and cleaned the room briefly before she went out to help Shao Xiang.

Just as Fang Ya was walking towards the kitchen, she saw Wang Xu scratching his head at the entrance of the courtyard.

Fang Ya looked at Wang Xu's thief-like behavior and could not help but find it funny. "Wang Xu, why are you here?"

One sentence from Fang Ya gave Wang Xu a fright.

When she saw Fang Ya, she smiled awkwardly. "Sister Ya, I came to see you."

"Have you been busy recently?" Fang Ya walked to the door and opened it, bringing Wang Xu into the courtyard.

Wang Xu shook her head and said, "I'm fine. I'm not very busy. It's not hard to get used to it."

Fang Ya smiled at Wang Xu. "I told you you were very smart!"

Wang Xu lowered her head in embarrassment.

Fang Ya looked at Wang Xu's appearance and thought for a moment before asking, "Why did you come here today?"

Wang Xu seemed to be a little hesitant and did not know how to speak.

"Is it about Li Tong?" Fang Ya guessed and asked.

She had heard from He Feng that Li Tong seemed to be trying hard to woo Wang Xu, but Wang Xu seemed to be reluctantly turning him down.

Wang Xu looked at Fang Ya and looked like she wanted to say something but did not.

Fang Ya was not in a hurry to rush her and only waited quietly.

Wang Xu was lost in thought for a long time before she finally made up her mind and said, "Sister Ya, my family has arranged a marriage partner for me, but I..."

Fang Ya listened to Wang Xu's words and knew that she was not uninterested in Li Tong. It was just that there were still some things that she had not dealt with properly.

Chapter 160: Younger Siblings

Wang Xu stayed at Fang Ya's house until the evening. The two of them chatted for a long time before Wang Xu reluctantly returned home.

"Sister Ya, if my parents really kick me out, I can only come to rely on you." Wang Xu held Fang Ya's hand and said reluctantly.

Fang Ya nodded and gently tidied Wang Xu's clothes. "Everything will be fine! Don't worry!"

Wang Xu turned around and left.

Fang Ya closed the courtyard door and leaned her back against it, letting out a deep breath.

Fang Ya could understand Wang Xu's feeling of helplessness. She had also walked out of this situation bit by bit.

Unfortunately, Fang Ya had been in an even rougher predicament than Wang Xu. She did not have Wang Xu's determination to resist.

Nor did she have the ability to resist.

Fang Ya's tragedy in her previous life did not begin with her marriage to Tang Fu. Perhaps from the beginning, the mold of her character had already determined her tragedy.

Fang Ya slowly walked back to her room and saw Tang Tang lying on the bed, looking at her.

"Why aren't you asleep?" Fang Ya walked closer to the bed and looked at Tang Tang's obedient appearance.

Tang Tang turned around and covered herself with the blanket, revealing only her small face. "Mom, Tang Tang has already grown up. You don't have to sleep with Tang Tang anymore."

Fang Ya was a little surprised when she heard Tang Tang's words. "Why do you say that?"

Tang Tang hesitated for a moment before saying, "The large woman said that Daddy and Mommy should sleep together."

"Mommy stays with Tang Tang every day. What about Daddy?" Tang Tang asked in her tender voice.

Fang Ya's face instantly turned a little hot.

Tang Tang still blinked her innocent eyes at Fang Ya. "Mommy, why is your face so red?"

Fang Ya did not know how to explain to Tang Tang and could only smile awkwardly.

Fang Ya lay on the bed and hugged Tang Tang in her arms. "Tang Tang, you don't want to sleep with mom anymore?"

"I want to! But..." Tang Tang frowned and thought carefully before saying, "I only want to make mom happy!"

Hearing Tang Tang's words, the corners of Fang Ya's mouth curled up slightly. "I'm very happy now!"

Tang Tang looked at Fang Ya and asked seriously, "Then when will you be able to make a little brother and little sister?"

Tang Tang's words once again made Fang Ya's face turn red.

She gently pressed Tang Tang's head and leaned into her arms. "It's getting late. Tang Tang should go to bed."

Tang Tang lay in Fang Ya's arms and fell asleep in a short while.

Fang Ya opened her eyes and looked at the pitch-black darkness in front of her. The corners of her mouth curled up slightly.

The next morning, Tang Tang woke up very early. She put on her clothes and ran to the toilet to wash her face and brush her teeth.

Fang Ya was a little surprised. She did not understand what Tang Tang was trying to do.

Shao Xiang looked at Tang Tang's obedient appearance and could not help but complain to Fang Ya, "The child just wants you to give birth to a younger brother and sister for her as soon as possible!"

Fang Ya's expression became even more awkward when she heard Shao Xiang's words. "Mom, can you not make a fuss with Tang Tang?"

Shao Xiang's lips curled up into a smile. "Yesterday, I chatted with our neighbor for quite a while."

"You and He Feng have been married for quite a long time. You can't always sleep separately!" Shao Xiang pulled Fang Ya's hand and sat down.

She said seriously, "The two children are already behaving very well. It's time for you to consider your own matters."

Shao Xiang reminded her again.

When Fang Ya heard Shao Xiang's words, her mind was also spinning, but it was a little chaotic.

Shao Xiang looked at Fang Ya's appearance and said, "While you're still young, have another child. How about this..."

Fang Ya shook her head and said, "Mom, both of us are public officials. If we have another child..."

Shao Xiang knew what Fang Ya meant, but she did not agree. "You two are getting married for the second time. What's wrong with giving birth to a child that belongs to both of you?

"I can't let that slide!" Shao Xiang snorted in dissatisfaction.

Fang Ya knew that she could not win against Shao Xiang, so she could only give up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 176 12
book is based on the song; 'blow my brains out' by tikkle me CREDITS TO darknu__ ON TIKTOK FOR THE CHARACTER CAROYLN HOPPER!! bruce and vance ar...
95.7K 1.3K 28
''no billie baby i can wait, ill wait for you. please dont leave me. please, i need you'' ''im sorry Honey.'' ''baby im not letting you break up with...
25.7K 224 41
What if Bryce dates a small creator and who is shy and hated the internet
3.5M 147K 61
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...