AFTER GETTING ABANDONED, I CH...

By DonnaMariano149

AFTER GETTING ABANDONED, I CHOOSE TO BECOME THE GENERAL'S WIFE Author: Bao Genre: Romance, Psychological Stat... More

DESCRIPTION
1-10
11-20
21-30
31-40
41-50
51-60
61-70
71-80
81-90
91-100
101-110
111-120
121-130
131-140
151-160
161-170
171-180
181-190
191-200
201-210
211-220
221-230
231-240
241-250
251-260
261-270
271-280
281-290
291-300
301-320
321-330
331-340
341-350
351-360
361-370
371-380
381-390
391-398 END

141-150

816 7 0
By DonnaMariano149

Chapter 141: Leave He Feng

Fang Ya looked at Lu Ping strangely. "He Feng and I are already legally married."

"I don't think you have the right to separate the two of us," Fang Ya said solemnly to Lu Ping.

"I can't live without He Feng!" Lu Ping said to Fang Ya. "I beg you, please!"

Lu Ping suddenly lowered her body, which surprised Fang Ya for a moment.

She looked at Lu Ping and frowned. "Why do you insist on pestering He Feng?"

"Since you chose to leave back then, why are you still pestering him?" Fang Ya looked at Lu Ping with some dissatisfaction.

Lu Ping shook her head, completely ignoring Fang Ya's words. "I don't care! He Feng must be mine!"

"Everything about him, his future must be mine!" Lu Ping said almost crazily.

Fang Ya looked at Lu Ping with a hint of surprise in her eyes.

"What did you say about the future?" Fang Ya looked at Lu Ping strangely.

Lu Ping was stunned for a moment, then said, "In short, I won't let you take He Feng away!"

Fang ya looked at Lu Ping and frowned. She kept feeling that Lu Ping was different from before.

She could not tell what exactly was different, but she felt that Lu Ping was acting most strangely.

Fang Ya thought about it for a while but could not think of a reason. She could only put this matter to the back of her mind.

"I don't know if you're in trouble or something, but if you need help, we can..." Fang Ya wanted to persuade Lu Ping.

"I'm not in trouble! I just want my man back," Lu Ping said, staring at Fang Ya.

Fang Ya's expression turned uglier. "I'm sorry, I can't do it!"

Lu Ping suddenly snorted and said, "Don't think that I don't know your background."

"That whatever husband of yours will one day become a prisoner. When that happens, you will also be implicated!" Lu Ping said with a very calm expression.

Fang Ya's expression became even more strange as she looked at Lu Ping. "What did you say just now?"

Lu Ping paused for a moment but did not say too much in detail. She only said, "In short, listen to me obediently and return He Feng to me. I won't pester you anymore!"

After Lu Ping finished speaking, she did not wait for Fang ya to reply and turned around to leave.

Fang Ya looked at Lu Ping's back as she left, and her expression became a little ugly.

What Lu Ping said was exactly the problem that Fang Ya was trying her best to avoid.

In her previous life, although she had divorced Tang Fu a long time ago, after Tang Fu was caught, Fang Ya was still dragged along with him.

Especially her daughter, Tang Tang, who ended up being ridiculed for being the daughter of a swindler for a long time.

Fang Ya knew that this matter could not be avoided in the end.

Therefore, she had tried her best to avoid these troubles in this life.

She needed to be strong enough to protect herself and Tang Tang.

However, Lu Ping's words just now seemed to have pushed her back to her old demons.

Fang Ya was afraid. She was afraid that she would not be able to give Tang Tang a stable life. She was even more afraid that her and Tang Tang's reputations would be implicated again.

Fang Ya stood where she was. She thought to herself for a long time before she slowly turned around and walked back to the courtyard.

After entering the courtyard, Fang Ya saw a busy Shao Xiang. She stood there and hesitated before turning around, her silence kept intact.

Fang Ya walked back to the room and saw Tang Tang lying on the small chair and drawing something intently.

Fang Ya poked her head out to take a look. She saw Tang Tang drawing a few small people with flowers in her hands.

Fang Ya asked curiously, "What are you drawing?"

Tang Tang raised the painting in her hand and said proudly to Fang Ya, "This is what I drew. I still have my parents, Brother Peng, and Grandma!"

Fang ya looked at the painting in Tang Tang's hand. The "Father" was clearly He Feng.

Fang Ya reached out and gently stroked Tang Tang's hair. "You really like your new dad, right?"

Tang Tang nodded heavily and said, "Although new dad often doesn't come home often, he smiles at me, a lot!"

Listening to Tang Tang's words, Fang Ya's heart was troubled with mixed feelings.

Chapter 142: He Feng Comes Home

After Tang Tang finished her drawing, she put it in a small bag and said that she wanted to wait for He Feng to come back and show it to him.

Fang Ya looked at Tang Tang's actions with a smile and felt comforted in her heart.

At least, in this life, Tang Tang had not been affected by the secular world's vision. She could have a complete home.

In the evening, He Feng who was rarely seen at home as of late returned to have dinner.

"Why did you come back today?" Fang Ya was also a little surprised to see He Feng.

He Feng said to Shao Xiang in embarrassment, "I came back so suddenly, it's really..."

Shao Xiang hurriedly waved her hand and said with a smile, "What's so sudden! This is your home!"

"I've prepared it for you every day. Come over and eat!" Shao Xiang said and called He Feng over to eat.

He Feng sat down and looked at Fang Ya. "I was chased back by the old leader just now. He told me to go to my family."

The corners of Fang Ya's mouth curled up into a smile as she said, "It's not like we can't see each other."

He Feng sighed. "It's been hard on you!"

Fang Ya shook her head and immediately thought of something. She hesitated for a moment but did not say anything.

He Feng saw that Fang Ya had wanted to say something but hesitated. He thought about it for a moment and said, "Let's finish our meal and go out for a walk later, okay?"

Fang Ya glanced at He Feng and nodded. "Okay!"

When Tang Tang and He Peng saw that He Feng had returned, both of them excitedly grabbed the rice and kept glancing at He Feng.

He Feng looked at the happy faces of the two children and felt exceptionally happy in his heart.

However, he could not spend a long time with the children now, so they were more or less unfamiliar with him.

Therefore, He Feng had come home this time, bearing gifts for the two children.

After dinner, He Feng brought the candy he bought from the store to the children.

Tang Tang looked at the candy with shining eyes.

He Peng was also smiling happily.

Fang Ya stood at the side and watched the two children take one candy each. Then, she put the candies away.

"You! You're spoiling them!" Fang Ya scolded He Feng with some dissatisfaction.

"One already has tooth fillings, and the other has new cavities. Let's see if they will blame you if their teeth go bad in the future!" Fang Ya snorted and looked at the two children's satisfied faces.

Fang Ya finally failed to hold herself back when she saw the smiles of the two children.

Shao Xiang smiled at the side and said, "The two children of our family will definitely have good teeth in the future, and their meals will always be delicious!"

"Go brush your teeth. This way, your mother won't scold your father anymore!" Shao Xiang hurriedly instructed.

The two children immediately agreed and did not dare to delay.

Fang Ya shook her head helplessly and smiled bitterly.

He Feng nodded at Fang Ya and said, "Why don't we go out for a walk?"

Fang ya nodded and instructed he peng to study properly. She also asked Tang Tang to hold a picture book and tell Shao Xiang a story.

"Let's go!" After everything was arranged, Fang Ya spoke to He Feng.

He Feng felt even more gratified when he saw how well fang ya arranged everything. The two little guys seemed to listen to Fang Ya's every word.

The two of them walked along the small path in front of their house.

They walked for nearly a kilometer without saying a word.

Finally, when they were almost at the riverside, He Feng turned around and said to Fang Ya, "It's been hard on you during this period of time!"

"Don't worry, when I'm done here, I'll definitely make up for our wedding!" He Feng did not forget his promise.

Fang Ya shook her head and smiled. "It's okay! The wedding doesn't matter!"

"It's just..." Fang Ya hesitated for a moment, not knowing how to say it.

"What's wrong?" He Feng suddenly became nervous.

Fang Ya looked up at He Feng. "Today, Lu Ping came."

Chapter 143: Lu Ping Is Trying To Snatch Him Away

Translator: EndlessFantasy Translation Editor: EndlessFantasy Translation

"What was she doing here?" He Feng immediately shouted.

Fang Ya continued to walk forward. After a while, she said, "She said that she wanted me to leave you."

"What did you say?" He Feng asked nervously.

Fang Ya shook her head and said, "I said that I won't! We are a legal couple."

When He Feng heard that, he felt a lot more at ease.

"She didn't make a scene this time, did she?" He Feng looked at Fang Ya and asked.

Fang Ya shook her head again. "No! But I keep feeling that she's different."

"Different?" He Feng looked at Fang Ya in confusion. "How is she different?"

"I don't know..." Fang Ya frowned and thought for a while. "It's just a feeling."

"Then, are you very worried now?" He Feng guessed.

Fang Ya nodded and then looked up at He Feng. "I'm not worried about our relationship."

"I've never worried about you leaving either." Fang Ya said to He Feng, making him feel relieved.

"What I'm worried about is that she might use some means to snatch the child." Fang Ya thought for a moment and said.

"In her eyes, He Peng is probably the only bargaining chip to make you leave my side," Fang Ya said and sighed slightly.

Fang Ya always felt that using the child as a bargaining chip was a very lowly method.

However, Lu Ping seemed to be enjoying it.

Even though she felt that Lu Ping was different, her methods did not change much.

She always believed that the child was the reason why He Feng stayed by Fang Ya's side.

And if he snatched the child away, He Feng would definitely return to her side.

Fang Ya thought that He Peng was just a bargaining chip in Lu Ping's eyes, and her heart ached.

He Feng saw through Fang Ya's emotions and comforted her, "She has always been like this. He Peng probably knows this too."

"You don't have to worry too much about He Peng. He has a strong heart." He Feng tried to comfort Fang Ya.

Fang Ya shook her head and found a big tree. She leaned against it gently. "No matter how strong his heart is, he is still just a child."

"Moreover, the one who hurt him is still his mother!" Fang Ya said somewhat helplessly.

"I think what He Peng is experiencing now can be an important accumulation for his future." He Feng was not too worried about the impact on He Peng's psychology.

He had always believed that boys should be able to withstand storms.

However, Fang Ya did not agree with him.

"What he has experienced is not what a child should experience," Fang Ya said to He Feng. "The harm a mother can bring to a child can be fatal."

Fang Ya knew that He Feng might not listen to her, but she still needed to tell He Feng this idea.

After all, He Feng was the person He Peng could rely on the most.

He Feng did not reject Fang Ya's idea, but he still felt that a man should be strong enough.

Although the two had different ideas, they were both thinking for He Peng's sake.

The two stood beside the big tree for a while, and He Feng suddenly thought of something. "If someone comes looking for you anytime soon, don't open the door for them."

Fang Ya looked at He Feng with some doubt and asked, "Will someone come looking for revenge?"

He Feng shook his head and said, "No, but I think Lu Ping will think of a way to take the children!"

Fang Ya thought about what Lu Ping had done earlier, then nodded and said, "I will be careful!"

He Feng gently reached out his hand and tentatively pulled Fang Ya into his embrace. "You've really worked hard during this period of time!"

Although Fang Ya was a little surprised, she did not resist He Feng's hug.

Although the two of them had been married for more than half a year, there had been very few intimate interactions between them.

Although their actions were a little awkward, the two of them felt that their hearts were getting closer and closer.

Perhaps such was the case between husband and wife.. The more things they experienced, the closer their hearts became.

Chapter 144: Meeting In The Morning

Fang Ya and He Feng went home and found that the two children had already fallen asleep while Shao Xiang was sitting alone on the stone bench in the courtyard.

"Mom, it's cold at night. Why are you still sitting outside?" Fang Ya asked Shao Xiang. She quickly went into the kitchen and took out a small heater.

Shao Xiang sat on the stone bench and looked at the acacia sapling in front of her. "Unknowingly, this guy has also grown up."

Fang Ya looked at Shao Xiang's somewhat worried look and frowned slightly. "Are you worried about Wu Wei's matter?"

Shao Xiang turned her head to look at Fang Ya, but the corners of her mouth could not be raised easily. "He... I don't know how he's doing either."

Fang Ya looked at Shao Xiang and then turned her head to look at He Feng.

He Feng hurriedly walked forward and said, "Mom, I'll keep us updated on Wu Wei's matter."

"With the evidence that the police currently have, there is still no way to convict him," He Feng said and briefly explained the situation to Shao Xiang.

"Because the case is still under investigation, I can't get particularly detailed information," He Feng said apologetically.

Shao Xiang quickly waved her hand. "I'm already very satisfied that you can bring me any form of information!"

He Feng paused for a moment and said, "Do you know where Wu Wei went after he was supposed to come here that day?"

"Because he has never been able to provide a precise location, the police have no way to verify his alibi," He Feng added.

Fang Ya stood beside Shao Xiang and put her hands on Shao Xiang's shoulders.

Shao Xiang subconsciously grabbed Fang Ya's hands. She thought for a moment and said, "Wu Wei did call that day, but he hung up after saying a few words."

"Later on, we waited for him for a long time, but he didn't come. We wondered if he had something to do, so he had been delayed." Fang Ya continued on where Shao Xiang had left off.

The two of them looked at He Feng at the same time.

He Feng frowned deeply, as if he was thinking about something.

After a long while, He Feng said, "Could Wu Wei have done something that he couldn't tell you during this period of time?"

Fang Ya and Shao Xiang looked at each other in surprise.

However, the two of them did not say anything. Instead, they looked at He Feng at the same time. "What do you think it is?"

Hearing Fang Ya and Shao Xiang say the same thing, He Feng was a little surprised. Then, he shook his head and said, "I can't think of anything yet."

"Have you tested the poison?" Fang Ya did not know why this thought had appeared in her mind.

He Feng was stunned for a moment and shook his head. "No."

Shao Xiang did not understand what the two of them were saying. She only asked, "What poison test? What poison?"

Fang Ya shook her head at He Feng and did not let him explain.

Fang Ya squatted beside Shao Xiang and said, "Mom, don't worry. Wu Wei will be fine."

Shao Xiang looked at Fang Ya with a puzzled expression.

Fang Ya gently patted Shao Xiang's shoulder. "We will think of a way."

He Feng nodded in agreement. "Don't worry. If Wu Wei didn't do it, he will definitely be fine."

Shao Xiang looked at the two of them back and forth. After a long while, she nodded. "I'll leave Wu Wei's matter to you two!"

Fang Ya and He Feng looked at each other before nodding. It was a promise.

That night, Fang Ya went back to her room to sleep. When she saw Tang Tang lying on the bed, she felt a little uncomfortable.

Suddenly, her phone beeped.

Fang Ya picked up her phone. It was a short message from He Feng.

"Are you asleep?" He Feng's message was very short.

"Not yet," Fang Ya also replied briefly.

"Are you worried about Wu Wei being caught up with drugs?" He Feng already understood Fang Ya's worry.

"Yes, he couldn't tell us where he was," Fang Ya explained.

"I'll send someone to check it out." He Feng's message was sent over after a while.

"Thank you for your trouble." Fang Ya did not forget to thank him.

"You're welcome. Go to sleep! Good night!" He Feng's message was brief and concise.

"Good night." Fang Ya replied to the message and lay quietly on the bed.

Chapter 145: I'll Be The Bait

He Feng looked at the two words "Good night"on his phone, but he had a strange feeling in his heart.

He put his phone away and turned to look at a note in his hand.

This was a note he received this afternoon. It said, "Fang Ya's secret, do you want to know?"

He Feng frowned as he looked at the note.

He could feel that Fang Ya did have a secret, but he did not know if he should ask.

If Fang Ya's secret was not something she felt like sharing, then it would be inappropriate for him to ask.

But what if this secret was something he should know?

He Feng hesitated for a moment.

He put away the note, crossed his arms in front of his chest, and slowly closed his eyes.

The next morning, because He Feng was at home, the atmosphere at home became a little delicate.

Fang Ya helped Shao Xiang to clean up the dishes.

Shao Xiang served the breakfast on the table while calling the two children to get up.

Because the two children were usually very obedient, Fang Ya and Shao Xiang did not have to worry too much.

However, at that moment, the two children seemed to be very excited about He Feng being at home.

One by one, they smiled and squatted in front of He Feng, as if they were studying He Feng.

Being stared at by the two children, He Feng felt a little uneasy, so he said, "Why are you two not going to wash up and look at me?"

"Dad, you seem to be younger than you were last night," Tang Tang looked at He Feng and said sincerely.

He Feng was stunned for a moment. He lowered his head and picked Tang Tang up.

He kissed Tang Tang twice before asking, "How did I get younger?"

Tang Tang smiled and avoided He Feng's attack. "You don't have a beard anymore."

Because he had been working on the case for a few days in a row, when He Feng returned yesterday, his face had been covered in stubble. He did indeed look sloppy. He Feng touched his face.

When he washed up in the morning, He Feng simply shaved his beard. He did not expect it to have such an effect.

He Feng looked at Tang Tang with a smile on his face. "Tang Tang, do you like me like this?"

Tang Tang nodded without hesitation. "I do!"

"Mommy always said that if Daddy did not have a beard, he would definitely look good!" As Tang Tang said that, she did not forget to turn her head to ask Fang Ya for confirmation. "Isn't that right, Mommy?"

Fang Ya was stunned by Tang Tang's words, and her face turned slightly red.

When He Feng saw this, the corners of his mouth curled up into a smile, but he did not say anything.

Shao Xiang, who was at the side, saw Fang Ya's somewhat embarrassed look, but she smiled.

Fang Ya and He Feng looked at each other before she rushed out.

As she walked, she did not forget to explain herself, "I'll go get the porridge."

Shao Xiang put down the porridge bowl in her hand and said to He Feng, "Your wife is shy."

He Feng nodded as well. "Indeed!"

The whole family was in harmony the whole morning.

He Feng bought a bicycle and gave Fang Ya a lift to the government office.

After putting Fang Ya down at the door, He Feng did not forget to remind her, "They should take action soon. Be careful."

Fang Ya nodded and placed a small note in He Feng's hand. "If you believe me, follow this."

Just as He Feng was about to open the note, Fang ya covered it with her hand and shook her head at him. "Don't look at it yet."

He Feng was a little confused, but he nodded as well. He put it away.

Fang Ya smiled at He Feng and turned to leave.

He Feng looked at Fang Ya's back as she left, and his eyes darkened.

He slowly opened the note and saw that it said, "I'll be the bait."

He Feng was shocked. He looked up at Fang Ya's figure and was shocked to see that she was gone.

He Feng quickly took out his phone and called Fang Ya.

Fang Ya picked up. "Hello."

"Fang Ya, don't do anything stupid!" He Feng said anxiously.

Fang Ya smiled at the phone. "Don't worry! I know what I'm doing!"

Chapter 146: Stamps

He Feng repeated himself sharply on the phone again, "Don't do anything stupid. Are you in the office? I'll go look for you now."

Fang Ya smiled and said, "Don't worry! I'll be fine!"

After Fang Ya said that, she hung up the phone.

He Feng looked at the phone in surprise. After a long while, he rushed into the government compound.

The security guard saw He Feng rushing in and went forward to stop him.

He Feng did not hesitate to raise the police officer badge he had with him. "Police!"

The security guard was shocked and quickly took a few steps back to make way for He Feng.

He Feng quickly rushed to Fang Ya's office, only to see that the door was closed.

He Feng was shocked. He dialed Fang Ya's number again, but no one answered.

He Feng was anxious. While dialing Fang Ya's number, he walked to the security room at the door.

Fang Ya's intention had been very obvious. She wanted to confront the big shot behind the scenes.

However, since this person was still hiding, he must have his own intentions.

This was reckless and outrageously dangerous on Fang Ya's part.

He Feng did not know how to stop Fang Ya.

Fang Ya walked through the office building alone and came to the archives room at the back.

There were important documents that had been kept in the government offices over the years.

Fang Ya walked to one of the file cabinets and reached out to take out a square seal from a small box.

While holding the seal in her hand, a smile appeared on the corner of Fang Ya's mouth.

The location of this seal had been revealed to her by Nie Jun. It had been planted there to draw out the person behind the scenes.

Fang Ya walked into the office and saw the slightly opened door crack. A cold smile hung on the corner of her mouth.

She pushed the door open and walked into the office, only to find a pile of documents scattered on the ground.

Fang Ya walked to her desk and picked up the scattered documents on the ground.

At that moment, Li Meng walked over. When she saw Fang Ya squatting on the ground, she asked in surprise, "Sister Fang Ya, what happened?"

Fang Ya smiled and looked at Li Meng. "Nothing. Someone was probably digging around and messed it up."

Li Meng raised her eyebrows and said to Fang Ya, "Sister Fang Ya, I don't know how you are able to remain so calm. If it were me, I would probably scold that person to death."

Fang Ya shook her head and said, "Why are you here?"

Li Meng hurriedly smiled as she picked up the document in her hands. "Sister Fang Ya, when do you think you can see Secretary Nie? Help me bring this document over."

Fang Ya glanced at the document and said, "Put it on the table first. I'll take a look at it later."

Hearing that, Li Meng frowned slightly, but she still smiled and said, "Okay, I'll put it here. Take a look."

Fang Ya nodded and ignored Li Meng.

Li Meng's hands had balled up into fists, but she knew that she had to keep it together when facing Fang Ya.

She walked step by step to the door of the office, turned around, and glanced at Fang Ya.

Fang Ya was taking out a small cloth bag from her school bag, which had been carefully marked with a small seal.

Fang Ya picked up the seal and stamped it on the documents that she had checked previously.

Li Meng's gaze swept over the seal in Fang Ya's hand. Without saying anything, she turned around and left.

After Li Meng left, Fang Ya raised her head and glanced at the area outside the office.

Not long after Li Meng left, Fang Ya received a call from He Feng.

He Feng stood in the security room and held the phone. He said to Fang Ya, "Fang Ya, don't act rashly."

Fang Ya spoke into the phone, "Don't worry, I know what I'm doing."

He Feng was still worried. He said to Fang Ya, "I'm in the security room now. Please come down, I have something to say."

He Feng knew that if he went up now, he would definitely expose Fang Ya.

He did not dare to act rashly, so he could only let Fang Ya leave the office first.

Fang Ya thought for a moment before saying, "Okay, wait for me."

Fang Ya walked out of the office. The door was ajar, and the seal had been left on Fang Ya's desk.

Not long after Fang ya left, a figure entered Fang Ya's office.

The figure picked up the seal on the table and looked at it, then put it aside.

Not long after, the figure walked out of the office without anyone noticing.

When Fang Ya arrived at the security room, she found He Feng sweating profusely.

Fang Ya looked at He Feng with amusement. "What's wrong with you?"

He Feng glared at Fang Ya. "You're actually asking me?"

Chapter 147: The Shortcomings Of A Fortuneteller

Translator: EndlessFantasy Translation Editor: EndlessFantasy Translation

Fang Ya pulled He Feng out of the security room and walked into the small forest outside the government building.

He Feng looked at Fang ya and asked coldly, "You didn't do anything stupid, did you?"

Fang ya looked at He Feng and shook her head. "Don't worry! I know what I'm doing!"

He Feng didn't seem to believe her. He grabbed Fang Ya's hand and said, "Don't make me worry like that again, okay?"

Fang Ya nodded and said, "I won't!"

"Actually, the secretary asked me to do this." Fang Ya briefly explained what she had done to He Feng.

Nie Jun knew that someone wanted to do something while he was in the hospital.

However, Fang Ya was a newcomer, so it would not be easy for her.

Nie Jun was not in the office all day, so naturally, there were many things that they could not directly solve.

Therefore, Nie Jun decided to give them an opening so that they could do something to lure out the person behind the scenes.

Nie Jun had told Fang Ya about the place where he hid the now-defunct seal.

This seal had been with Nie Jun for decades. Compared to the private seal that his office currently used, it was only slightly different.

If Nie Jun did not point it out himself, no one would have noticed.

Nie Jun had given Fang Ya instructions on where to get the seal and had asked her to deliberately put it on the table.

An ordinary person would not easily touch this seal.

Only those who wanted to cover something up would have evil intentions.

Fang Ya left the seal on the table to lure the other party into committing a crime.

However, the other party was not a fool and would not be easily fooled.

Therefore, when He Feng called, Fang Ya had hurried out of the office without hesitation.

This was also to create a false impression that Fang Ya had let down her guard.

As for when that person would make a move, Fang Ya was not sure.

After explaining the general situation to He Feng, the man started to complain about how the old leader had not revealed anything to him.

One had to know that although this situation did not seem too dangerous at the moment, it was very likely that Fang Ya would be sent to jail first.

Fang Ya looked at He Feng's worried look and smiled. "Don't worry, I'm fine."

"This matter would be settled very soon." Fang Ya's face was full of confidence.

He Feng looked at Fang Ya's expression and did not know whether to be angry or distressed.

Fang Ya did actually have a plan in her heart.

In her memory, there would be an internal government verification event in two weeks.

In other words, even if the bait was not taken up now, it would only be a matter of time before the truth was brought to light.

She was just speeding up the process of this matter.

Fang Ya knew that many of the things she was doing now would have a different impact on other people and other things.

Many things already seemed to have diverged from the compared to her past memories.

She could not really change the future, but she could still use her "foresight" ability to avoid some disasters.

Fang Ya looked at He Feng's serious expression and knew that his heart was really aching for her.

She gently leaned on He Feng's shoulder and enjoyed a moment of peace.

He Feng sighed helplessly and gently stretched out his hand to hold Fang Ya in his embrace.

The two of them were rarely ever so intimate, not to mention that they were still outside.

A few people passed by the small forest. When they saw the two of them, they whispered something to each other and quickly left.

Fang Ya and He Feng did not care about those people. They just quietly nestled together.

Suddenly, a voice sounded behind the two of them. "Sister Fang Ya, the big leader is looking for you!"

Fang Ya heard the voice and turned around to look. She saw Li Meng standing not far away and calling out to her.

Fang Ya and He Feng looked at each other. They softly said "goodbye" and left.

Fang Ya walked towards Li Meng and asked, "The big leader is..."

Li Meng looked at Fang Ya and smiled.. "Follow me and you'll know."

Chapter 148: Setting Up A Trap

Fang Ya left with Li Meng. He Feng's gaze followed the two of them until they disappeared into the government building.

He Feng picked up his phone and dialed a number.

After the other party picked up, He Feng said into the phone, "Put Director Nie on the phone."

The phone was transferred to Nie Jun's hand. "Hello? He Feng? What's the matter?"

"Director Nie, with this move of yours, don't you want Fang Ya to fall into it?" He Feng asked with some dissatisfaction.

"Why? Is your heart aching?" Nie Jun asked, amused.

"Director Nie, Fang Ya is dedicated to you. You can't hurt her!" He Feng said impatiently.

Nie Jun laughed again. "Finally, there's someone you're worried about!"

"Don't worry! It's fine! If something happens to her, someone will come out to protect her!" Nie Jun patted his chest and promised.

He Feng was still a little worried. "Chief Nie, Fang Ya is a woman after all..."

"Enough! I know you love your wife!" Nie Jun snorted and said, "If something really happens to her, I'll accompany her to the police station!"

Hearing Nie Jun's words, He Feng did not know how to answer for a moment.

After a long pause, He Feng said, "Chief Nie, please make the arrangements. Next time, can you let me know in advance?"

"If I told you in advance, would you have agreed?" Nie Jun asked with some disdain.

He Feng did not answer. He could only secretly sigh. "Okay! I'll bring Fang Ya to see you tonight. We'll talk about the specific situation tonight."

After hanging up the phone, He Feng looked at the government building in front of him and helplessly turned around to leave.

Fang Ya followed Li Meng all the way to the innermost office on the fourth floor of the office building.

Li Meng pushed the door open, but there was no one inside.

Fang Ya was stunned for a moment, but Li Meng gently nudged her.

Fang Ya pretended to be flustered as she looked at Li Meng. "What are you doing?"

Li Meng smiled at Fang Ya and said, "Sister Fang Ya, I'll have to trouble you to stamp this document."

Fang Ya looked at the smile on Li Meng's face and could not help but feel a chill run down her spine.

"What do you mean?" Fang Ya asked in surprise.

Li Meng narrowed her eyes and said, "This document has been put away for a long time. The higher-up is unhappy and needs Secretary Nie to deal with it as soon as possible."

"But the secretary is not here!" Fang Ya said with a confused expression.

"Don't you have Secretary Nie's private seal? Once this document is stamped, the matter will be resolved," Li Meng said with a bewitching tone.

Fang Ya frowned. "Impossible! The Secretary didn't agree, so it's impossible for me to stamp it!"

Fang Ya instantly revealed a trace of panic. "No, I mean, I don't have the secretary's personal seal!"

However, Li Meng revealed a look of understanding. "Between us, there's no need to pretend that we don't know anything."

"The secretary's personal seal is in your hands. Presumably, the Secretary gave you sufficient authority, didn't he?" The smile on Li Meng's face became somewhat sinister.

"Can't we even help each other with such a small favor?" Li Meng said as she moved closer to Fang Ya.

Fang Ya only felt a chill on her back.

She could not help but tremble.

This time, she was not faking it.

The baby-face, which looked cute and obedient, was now as frightening as a demon.

Fang Ya looked at Li Meng's round face and threatening tone, which made Fang Ya feel like she was in a horror movie.

"How is it? Sister Fang Ya, Why are you still hesitating?" Li Meng asked softly.

Fang Ya shook her head and said, "I can't stamp that! If the secretary doesn't give me his permission, I won't stamp it!"

Seeing Fang Ya's determination, Li Meng finally revealed her true colors.

She grabbed Fang Ya's hand with one hand and stuffed the seal wrapped in a small cloth bag into Fang Ya's hand.

"Stamp it! Otherwise, you won't be able to walk out of here today!" Li Meng said fiercely.

"You, you can't do this!" Fang Ya looked at Li Meng with a face full of fear.

"I can't?" Li Meng laughed, "As long as you're in this office, even if you die, no one will be able to find out!"

Chapter 149: An Outburst Of Emotions

Fang Ya looked at Li Meng's almost crazy expression and could not help but feel a little surprised.

She had never thought that a person could have such a different side.

Fang Ya looked at Li Meng's round face and for a moment, she fell into a daze.

However, Li Meng did not give Fang Ya time to be in a daze.

She grabbed Fang Ya's hand, opened the cloth bag, and took out the seal.

Fang Ya did not want to be manipulated by Li Meng, so she tried to struggle.

However, Li Meng did not give her a chance to struggle. She held Fang Ya's hand tightly with one hand and completed the process of sealing the seal.

After placing the seal, Fang Ya sat on the ground dejectedly, and the seal rolled to the side.

Fang Ya looked at the document that had already been sealed, and her gaze swept over it roughly. As expected, she saw the name Taifeng Construction.

Fang Ya sneered in her heart, but a disappointed expression appeared on her face.

Li Meng shook the document and smiled at Fang Ya. "Sister Fang Ya, thank you!"

After saying that, Li Meng took the document and was about to walk out.

Fang Ya did not get up. She only asked softly, "Aren't you afraid of being discovered by the higher-ups?"

Li Meng turned around and looked at Fang Ya. "Since I dared to do this, I know that I will be fine!"

"As for the reason why, you can think about it yourself." Li Meng could not be bothered to explain too much.

"However, Sister Fang Ya, let me give you a piece of advice. Don't be too stubborn. It won't do you any good!" Li Meng said earnestly.

Fang Ya did not say anything, nor did she turn around.

Li Meng raised the document in her hand and said again, "Thank you!"

After Li Meng left, Fang Ya took the seal and slowly stood up.

She looked around.

This should be the temporary office of a certain leader.

It was not often used, and when it was, it would be used for other meetings.

The reason why Li Meng could be so arrogant was probably because she knew that no one came here often.

Fang Ya put away the seal in her hand, tidied up her clothes, and walked towards the office door.

When she walked out of the office, Fang Ya stood in the corridor and looked at the people who occasionally passed by.

Fang Ya stood quietly as if she was waiting for something.

Finally, someone walked over and looked at Fang Ya. "What's wrong with you? Why do you look so haggard?"

The person who asked was Sister Xu, who was in the same office as Li Meng.

Because she was not on good terms with Sister Zhai and the others, Sister Xu often traveled alone.

Although Fang Ya and Sister Xu did not have much contact and did not communicate much, she knew that Sister Xu was a warm-hearted person.

Sister Xu saw that Fang Ya's situation did not seem right, so she came forward to ask.

Fang Ya looked at sister Xu, and her eyes were a little out of focus.

Sister Xu looked a little worried, so she asked, "Do you need me to help you apply for leave, so you can go home and rest for a while?"

Fang Ya seemed to be thinking about something, and only nodded slightly after a long while.

Seeing this, Sister Xu helped Fang Ya back to the office.

Fang Ya simply packed her things, but she "forgot" the seal on the table.

When she walked out of the office, she seemed a little lost.

Although the office door was locked, the key was left on the door.

Sister Xu, who had been accompanying Fang Ya all this time did not seem to notice this problem, and accompanied Fang Ya all the way out of the government building.

"Are you sure you don't need me to accompany you home?" Sister Xu confirmed again.

Fang Ya shook her head weakly. It seemed that something was terribly wrong with her.

Sister Xu hesitated for a moment and said, "Why don't you ask your family to come and pick you up?"

As she was speaking, He Feng ran over from not far away.

"Fang Ya, why haven't you answered my calls?" He Feng asked anxiously.

Fang Ya looked at He Feng and finally came back to her senses. "I..."

Before Fang Ya could finish her sentence, she cried and fell into He Feng's arms.

Seeing this, Sister Xu was shocked and quickly said to He Feng, "You are her man, right? This... I don't know what happened."

"Take her back to rest first," Sister Xu said with a worried expression on her face.

He Feng nodded and said to Sister Xu, "Thank you!"

Sister Xu waved her hand and watched He Feng leave the government office with Fang Ya in his arms.

Chapter 150: Too Deep In Character

He Feng helped Fang Ya out to the street before the two of them slowly stopped.

"Are you okay?" He Feng looked at Fang Ya and frowned.

Fang Ya shook her head and smiled. "I'm fine!"

He Feng looked at Fang Ya's tired look and was still worried. "Why don't we go to the hospital to take a look?"

Fang Ya took two steps forward, turned around, and smiled at He Feng. "I'm really fine! I just got too immersed in the scene."

He Feng looked at Fang Ya's strange appearance and could not find words to describe her.

Fang Ya looked really haggard. She genuinely looked traumatized.

He Feng looked at Fang Ya's appearance with heartache. He took two steps forward and gently held Fang Ya's hand.

Fang Ya smiled and held He Feng's hand back. The two of them walked slowly down the road.

Some of the pain felt real, even if only barely.

She knew that He Feng saw that pain, but he did not continue to ask.

Fang Ya exhaled slightly, calming herself down.

Fang Ya knew that the real pain came from her disappointment in a certain individual.

She did not know Li Meng well, but her actions had stung.

Originally, she thought that she was already very open-minded about everyone.

However, when people still acted out of expectations and belied their appearance, Fang Ya still found it hard to accept.

Her sadness and disappointment came from the inside out, and that weariness was also born from the depths of her body.

Although Fang Ya had deliberately made herself look weaker in the office building, it had not all been an act.

Fang Ya held He Feng's hand and felt the warmth of their hands for the first time.

The two of them walked close to the bus stop before Fang Ya let go of He Feng's hand. "I'm Fine! Go back to work!"

"The case of the secretary being kidnapped hasn't been solved yet!" Fang Ya said softly. "If the media finds out about it, it won't be good for the two of you!"

He Feng frowned and looked at Fang Ya. "Are you really okay? Should I send you home first?"

Fang Ya smiled and said to He Feng, "Don't worry! I'm fine!"

"Call me later!" Fang Ya said and got on a bus that had just arrived.

He Feng hesitated for a moment but ultimately did not chase after her.

Fang Ya stood on the bus and waved at He Feng through the door.

He Feng subconsciously waved back.

Standing where he was, He Feng recalled Fang Ya's appearance just now and felt that she had a lot of things buried in her heart.

He Feng did not like this feeling, but he did not want to pry too much into Fang Ya's privacy.

He Feng sighed a little dejectedly. He walked across the road and took a bus in the opposite direction.

Fang Ya walked home from the bus stop alone and slightly sorted out her emotions.

When she returned home, she saw Shao Xiang still sitting under the acacia tree in a daze.

Fang Ya walked forward and gently sat down on the stone bench opposite Shao Xiang.

Shao Xiang did not notice that Fang Ya had returned. She only stared at the acacia tree and sighed silently.

When Fang Ya saw this, she called out softly, "Mom..."

Shao Xiang got a fright. She spun around and saw Fang Ya sitting in front of her.

Fang Ya saw Shao Xiang's slightly red eyes and knew that she must have been crying.

Fang Ya sighed and did not know how to comfort Shao Xiang.

The police had not been able to find any evidence to prove that Wu Wei was not at the crime scene that day, so he had been detained.

If this continued, Wu Wei would most likely be doomed!

Shao Xiang's heart ached every time she thought of Wu Wei being alone in the detention center.

She looked at Fang Ya and wanted to say something, but she hesitated.

Fang Ya knew what Shao Xiang wanted to say, but this time, there was nothing she could do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 15.4K 27
An unexpected encounter between a nice guy and a nice girl. Will it turn out nice if the two realize they're roommate?
49.3K 1.1K 19
Sam hates having to move away from her friends in Cali especially when school is almost over but she never expected to find this in a small town in K...
8.6K 131 29
Hayley is just a regular teenager. she has 3 amazing friends who are always there for her and a loving boyfriend . But that is about to change when t...
319K 10.3K 108
Everyone in the City of Jing thinks that bestowment of marriage between Xian Junwang and the daughter of the Yi'an Marquis House is to insert a fresh...