Crimson Stains

由 StarGaze2553

A young kid, left to his own survival, his own upbringing. Given a book that guided his way, and the streets... 更多

Chapter 1: A Difference to Everyone

Chapter II: A Different kind of Smart

1 0 0
由 StarGaze2553

---3rd POV - Ezekiel's POV---
---Underground - 6:42 A.M.---
---Tuesday - August 3rd, 2019---
---18 Days After Contact with Rainbow---

Ezekiel would be in his underground makeshift kitchen, still under renovation from procrastination and laziness. He loved his above ground job more, but he also knew he had to get this done. He was on his hands and knees, finishing the installment with Ezena on the oven. It probably wasn't the best idea, but with a ventilation system and fire extinguishers, Ezekiel felt safe as he installed this equipment. Ezena was doing most if not all of the heavy work, helping Ezekiel ease up even with his stubbornness to do things himself. He was right now trying to push the oven all the back, but he knew where this would end. "Ezekiel, no. What did I say about pushing, moving, or pulling? Let me do that for now, you still need to heal." He'd grumble under his breath, making Ezena softly chuckle as Ezekiel pulled back.

"I wish I wasn't so weak! I'd be able to do all this!" He'd toss the wrench he had in hand to the floor, anger and humility clinging to his coat as Ezena sighed.

"You are strong Ezekiel, it's not weak to ask for help when injured. It's not your sole responsibility to do everything. Please, remember we are family, we help each other." He'd nod softly, feeling her metalic hand placed upon his left shoulder. He'd put his right hand atop hers, smiling softly as he closed his eyes and breathed in. He exhaled, letting go of his pride as a man and being humble as he softly spoke up.

"Thank you for reminding me, what would I do without you?" She'd smile on her AI panel image, which Ezekiel returned back as he looked to the exit of the kitchen. Past that door led to the main room o fhis entire base, which led to the outer railways of the abandoned train railways. He'd gone for 8 years building this place, scrounging all he coudl with help from many others. Today was Reunion day, wasn't it? He wondered who'd show up, and he'd be able to show them all thar he's achieved form their hard work. He was grateful that the Lord gave him people that wished to help, and they also kept his identity secret! Plus they were peers, related ages and had the same thing as him in passion: helping others. While he was the vigilate on the streets, his friends were the ears and eyes of his outstretched work. And they all had their own professions. Now, he had to remember their names, he never would never forget them: Raymond Charles, Coby Gunther, Hardey Helmi, Spiros Ismail, Quinzel Francis, Devana Rorlett, Natalie Kenya.

They were friends he had gained through the years, having been around long enough to all know each other and do amazing things. He wished he wasn't the only one down here, but they had lives unlike him. His ended, their's was just beginning, and he was determined to keep them safe from dark people out there. While it was only 6:52 now, within an hour he'd soon see his friends, and he was more than happy to greet them. He'd have to prep a meal, test out everything that he'd spent the last hour installing. It took a few minutes to make sure everything worked, but to his surprise nothing imploded! He'd smile like a five year old, holding his head high as Ezena began to pull out meal items. They had spent time into buying a few luxury groceries, and today would be the day they were put into use. Oh how he couldn't wait to make a real meal and stop surviving on fast-food from now on.

"Do you wish to make delicious green beans and rice with steak as the main meal?" Ezekiel couldn't help but get smiling, he had a real meal in so long it was unreal. He'd been surviving off of fast-food, cereal, and anything that didn't expire afte rbeing open and needing to be refrigerated or frozen. He was the luckiest man alive, and for the next 45 minutes Ezena and him would cook a seasoned and very refreshing meal for the first time in over eight years. A Family dinner, with family he knew.

The crew would arrive shortly, punching in the secret code to a hidden keypad in the wall. When they entered, the aroma of seasoned steak, green beans, and rice would flood their nostrils with a delicate smell. One that gave them a delicious appetite as Ezena would greet them with her AI image. "Good morning Quinzel; Spiros; Hardey, Coby; Devana; Natalie; Raymond." And each one responded back in that order.

"Good morning." Eager Quinzel

"Morning Ezena." Barely awake Spiros

Hardey, too tired to respond, waved a lazy two finger salute.

"Morning!" Energetic ADHD Coby

"Morning..." Tired Devana

"M-morning, E-Ezena!" Shy Natalie

"...Morning..." Stone-cold barely awake Raymond.

When everyone had arrived and entered the kitchen, they'd see Ezekiel all bandaged up from neck to torso with a tank top on. They all became worried, they'd never seen Ezekiel so banged up, but he waved a hand while him and Ezena cooked, "Please, do not worry. you may ask any and all questions though. But Ezena has been looking out for me." They'd all breath a relieving sigh, but Raymond would come up to Ezekiel and tower two inches above him with an intimidating stare. Ezekiel knew what was happening, so he'd stop what he was doing and fully look to Raymond. "Yes, brother?"

"You mind telling me who and how you got injured?" Ezekiel would smile softly, his mask guising his scared up face.

"Well, ran into a new threat, took them down but got bruised really good and two bullets worth of wounds, but I'll be alright." Raymond would death stare Ezekiel, a feeling of dread and regret began filling Ezekiel's heart as he wondered what he did ultimately wrong.

"You best notify us so we can help. You know better." A sudden but soft hug was given, Raymond wanted to bear hug Ezekiel. But knowing that would cause more harm than good as Ezekiel had a soft side. Ezekiel would nod to Raymond's response, knowing that if he didn't comply hed surely have hell to pay. Ezekiel would finally finish cooking, leaving it open like a buffet.

"Breakfast buffet, open on time." All of them had their own positivity, it made Ezekiel rather grateful for that. While everyone got their own food, Ezekiel went to his bedroom and began checking on his wounds. He knew Ezena took care of his wounds, blessed be her heart. As he unwrapped his bandages he could see how bad it was. "Shoot..." His voice was low, keeping low as he touched the first bullet wound that dug right below the armpit. It felt sensitive even now. Yet it was stitched up nicely, good thing in knowing he had good support from his personal assistant in kicking bad guys to the curb.

"It looks better than when I first saw it." Ezekiel would have to nod at her, he could only imagine what she had seen and had to clean upon first arrival. He was lucky she had even saved him, even though she cared so much. He believed he would have just died that day, how fortunate that his friend was smarter than him. Ezekiel would look to his very eyes before back to the wound in the mirror. He didn't know how to truly process it, but he had to now take it light on his left side. He wrote with this hand, this was going to be rather tough.

He'd quickly give the second bullet wound over, but he just quickly bandaged himself back up. Ezena came to help as well, giving her assistance where he couldn't support for himself. When it was all done he'd smile and put on the tank top again. From there the small family reunion of the kids would go for an hour before they all had to leave for work.

"Call me if you need any medical items." Devana.

"Message if you need any small supplies." Spiros.

"You recover well." Natalie. Hardie kept

Hardey kept quiet and just sternly stared at Titus, seemingly penetrating the soul. He'd leave with a stern salute.

"Stop by for some upgrades soon." Coby.

"Don't be that idiot alright?" Quinzel.

Raymond, last of the group and certain to let his two cents be heard, stood by the door as the others left for work. Ezekiel would look to Raymond, their eyes meeting hard as one was hellbent on understanding the situation. The other was more towards wanting to avoid it, but even Ezekiel couldn't run before Raymond stood before him. "So, you get injured and let no one know... What did we say?" Ezekiel nodded with a nervous sigh, his emotions became amped from here on out.

"I know what you all have said, and I don't mean to go back on your word. I-I'm sorry..." Ezekiel felt so guilty, his heart ached at how he didn't let anyone know til they came. "I-I just thought I'd be alright considering you all have lives and n-need to stay on track." Raymond would right hook Ezekiel in the jaw, enough for a good bruise.

"Don't play idiot with me. We all agreed no matter what you did that you could call us anytime. Just like how you allow us to come to you. Don't be some fool, nor a prideful idiot or even think you are too much." His voice was louder, but not yelling. Stern, but only to be firm. He was the oldest of the group, but they all knew how gentle and firm he could be in his words. He spoke it and meant it. It's how he was. Ezekiel would only nod, rubbing his chin as he stood firm once more. Raymond sure was a fighter, just that punch alone could've broken someone's jaw if enough power was given. The caluses on his knuckles made the punch feel even more painful somehow.

"Understood. Thanks, Raymond..." Raymond would immediately cheer up, adorning a smirk. He would pat Ezekiel on the back as he turned to leave.

"Don't mention it." Raymond would stand before the door, looking over his shoulder to Ezekiel. "And don't beat yourself up. We all make mistakes. Just rely on those whom care for you as much as you do for them." Ezekiel would nod, Raymond thudding the door twice with his fist before leaving. Silence would envelope the room, only the sigh of Ezekiel's lips as he looked to the ceiling. Yet my mistakes always feel far worse and more weighted...

"You know, you shouldn't allow your emotions to make you overthink. Nor ovethink in the first place, nerd." Ezekiel would turn to Ezena's robotic form, hearing her words around him before he jerked.

"What are you calling me, eh? An overthinking four-eyed statue?" His statement was sassy because of hers, he even acted like a young 15 year old on an anime episode.

"Maybe, just gotta get you the glasses to match that retort." Ezekiel would scoff, putting a hand to his chest dramatically before laughing softly. Ezena knew how to lighten the mood with him, guess she knew him too well. He felt exceptionally grateful that she could lighten his tense mind.

"May I ask, how..." His throat got caught on the words to say. Hell, he didn't exactly know what he was asking. He wanted to understand what could be causing it, the reason he over thought all the time. He understood he was fast paced, talked faster than people could listen, walked, moved, and worked faster subconsciously. "How do I fix the negativity? Why do I feel like I don't amount to nothing much?"

Ezena, even an AI, would stiffen in her image on the wall. She saw the doubt in his eyes, she saw how uncomfortable he was in asking for such an answer. His question was to the ultimate end: what was wrong with him? She knew there was nothing wrong with him, her, or anyone in the world that was caring and kind. Everyone was flawed, even she was. She was portrayed to have the full spectrum of human emotions, and she was more machine with coded programming.

Upon the moments of silence that would pass by, Ezena would think on her words carefully. She could think faster than him by millions of nanoseconds. When she felt like she could even give him an answer, she'd clear her AI images throat, "I believe your answer would be along the lines of that you are just undermining how successful your accomplishments are. You don't accept the full value, feeling like you could've done more where you did the best you could. Not many can learn it quick enough to feel proper, but know you do the right thing almost all the time. Whether it's quick adaptation or slow caution. You don't credit yourself."

These words almost felt like the appropriate answer, yet also like they were already said. Ezekiel would nod, looking to her with a soft smile. He would close the door to his bunker, he needed to keep anyone out of sight from knowing that this was here. He had to stay hidden, it kept him and Ezena safe. It was the refuge for his family, for his squad.

---3rd POV - Ash's View---
---Surface - 8:07 AM---

Ash had been staking out for a long time. It was her turn to keep watch on the streets. She was resting, having spent two hours combing around in the jeep to see if she could spot her the Guardian wandering around. She was somewhat tired, her eyes were already burning from how much she kept focusing. I will find you, and you will spill everything you know. These were some if not a few similar thoughts in her head. She knew she was in the right region of wherever he was hiding, but she still had no idea whic train. They had been doing this for a couple of days now, each member swapping to try and get fortunate at finding him.

As she rested her eyes in the jeep before a train station on Duncannon Street, she would watch two individuals come from the underground. All of them seemed off, as though they had come directly from the underground from somewhere. Their demeanor, posture, how they held themselves, it all read like the came from somewhere not many had the previlige of. Ash would immediately exit her vehicle. Today may be her lucky day. She would follow one of the individuals, a female, to a hospital. Right before she could enter the building, Ash would come up and put a firm hand to her neck, "Follow me, I've got a few questions for you."

The young lady tensed up, feeling the firm yet tight grip Ash put upon her neck. She didn't know who she was, but she could feel Ash being a threat to Ezekiel immediately. She was now about to meet Ezekiel's enemies.

-------End of Chapter-------

2553 Words! It feels nice writing this and experimenting. Didn't rewrite anything here or there, just driving it was unique. I hope this is likeable and not some repeat of someone else's idea. I've just read enough and played Rainbow Six siege to where I wanted to do my story now. I hope you all enjoy, so please stay blessed and safe! Enjoy this chapter and I hope it's title lives up to what I gave, stay safe!

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

592K 27.1K 42
Needs editing [ the destiny series #1] 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒑𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒚 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒕𝒐𝒈...
79.5K 6.9K 64
#Book 2 Because of Nandani's condition Mamta decides to marry off her childrens, and her childrens abide by her decision. She chose her brother's dau...
200K 11.5K 42
The feeling of being abandoned by one's own family was not unknown to Aadhira. She hates her family for abandoning her when she was only a newborn, l...
Fate 由 Mani

一般小說

354K 18.3K 96
fate : be destined to happen, turn out, or act in a particular way. Often people try to navigate through life with their own plans and wonder why thi...