Sitting Ducks

Von RachelJessie

Everyone has a different view on life. For example, when you see someone dead, you never say they deserved it... Mehr

Prologue: 671
Chapter One: 214
Chapter Two: 153
Chapter Three: 749
Chapter Four: 84
Chapter Five: 403
Chapter Six: 544
Chapter Seven: 380
Chapter Eight: 959
Chapter Nine: 104
Chapter Ten: 11
Chapter Eleven: 21
Chapter Twelve: 63
Chapter Thirteen: 946
Chapter Fourteen: 0
Chapter Fifteen: 368
Chapter Sixteen: 637
Chapter Seventeen: 8
Chapter Eighteen: 550
Chapter Nineteen: 442
Chapter Twenty: 389
Chapter Twenty-One: 207
Chapter Twenty-Two: 648
Chapter Twenty-Three: 152
Chapter Twenty-Four: 204
Chapter Twenty-Five: 352
Epilogue: 199

Alternate Epilogue: 768

103 6 4
Von RachelJessie

*Okay. So what happened here is that Bradley lost, and Elise went out to rescue him. She was killed, and the final scene is basically switched. Meaning that Tyler is still alive, Silver is dead, and Bradley is alive. It's short, and I didn't even want to post it but here it is. 

Bradley's P.O.V.

I placed the flowers on her grave, trying to hold back my tears. He should have shot me, but she had to jump in front. That was my Elise, always thinking of others. I sat down beside the stone, tracing my fingers over the letters. 

Alexa Houston lived to be twenty-six, that was it. Twenty six years, her life had ended because of me. I wanted to die too, I really had no reason to go on. I heard a twig snap and didn't bother to turn around.

"Fuck off Tyler."  I growled. I felt him place a hand on my shoulder, and turned around. But it wasn't my bastard of a brother. Jared stood in front of me, I was so confused. 

"Tyler says it's time to go." It all clicked. That bastard had been working for Tyler all along, Alexa had trusted him!  Even I had trusted him. 

"It's not so bad Brad, working for BrickStone. Tyler wants you on board, you'd be a great addition. Besides, you've got nothing left to lose." He gestured to the grave stone. 

"You had orders to eliminate her, didn't you." It wasn't a question, I knew the answer.

"In case Tyler did die, I would become the new head under a different name. I would then assassinate Silver after a little while." Disgusted, I spat at him and turned back to her grave. 

"You disgust me. You turned on the Resistance, you turned on the girl you loved. Don't lie to me Coyle, I know you loved her. But she never loved you." I whispered, but he heard it. I heard him draw his gun and click the safety off. 

"Go ahead Jared, I have nothing left to lose as you said. She's gone, and so am I. So find your balls and pull the trigger, or leave me alone." I snapped at him. I heard him sigh, and turned to see him stuff the gun in his pocket.

"You really care about her, don't you Bradley." He sat beside me. It had started to rain, and the cement block was getting wet. That was the only good thing Tyler did, he ordered in a stone to be placed very early. Three weeks she had been gone, and she already had a stone and everything.

"She was basically my sister Jared, I cared for her more than my own brother. She saved me from the streets, she took me in with question or payment. Alexa took care of me for five years, how could I not care about her." My voice cracked at the end, and I tried to keep my composure. 

"You were all she used to talk about, in the early days. Then she just, stopped. Bradley was a taboo word, even when we were dating she wouldn't talk about you." He smiled, and I sat back. 

"So all this time, when I trusted you to help me get her back, you were just relaying info to my brother? Did you want her to die there?" The rain was really coming down now. 

"She wouldn't have died there! In case you didn't notice, Tyler treated her like a princess! She was happy, for that very short time, even I could see it! I didn't want it to be true, but it was. Alexa may have hated him, but she was smiling! You messed everything up, you could've just left her alone." He sounded bitter. He was right though.

"Tyler was going to quit BrickStone for her, he loved her dearly. Now he's angry and a lot tougher, the Resistance doesn't stand a chance Brad. Just join him, it's for the best." Maybe it was. 

"Tyler really loved her didn't he?" I asked, loudly over the rain. 

"I still do." I turned to see my brother, standing in front of us. When had he appeared?

"I'll love her forever Bradley. She gave up her life for yours, even though hers is worth much more. Even dad agrees with me." That stung.

"Why does dad want to know about me so much. If I don't fucking recall correctly, he threw me out on the street! I was fourteen, and he dumped me off in front of Dodd's office! At fourteen, I was killing, I should have been in school! If it wasn't for her, I'd be dead, and I should be!" I turned back to her grave, and lost it. 

"Join us." Two words. That's what this was about, he wanted me to join them?

"Why did you have the order to kill Elise? Jared, answer me." I avoided Tyler's words.

"She betrayed me, even though I loved her. She had to die, because she was going to give away our secrets. It was just in case I died, so it never happened." It made no sense!

"Any more questions?" Tyler asked, frowning. I paused for a minute, thinking. 

"You know she never loved you, right?" Hook, line and sinker. Tyler's body went rigid, and he pulled out his pistol. Please shoot me Tyler, please!

"Join us, or die with her.  But we won't stop at you Bratley, no way. We'll kill off all your resistance members, Jared has their names. Men and women, there are even a few teens. Imagine how many orphans there would be, widows too. Join us, and we'll spare them." Fuck. I thought of Andy, the seventeen year old. I couldn't let him die, I couldn't have anymore blood on my hands. 

I turned to Tyler, frowning. 

"What will be expected of me, while I'm at BrickStone with you." Too formal.

"You'll be running it with me, traveling the world. Of course you'll never be truly free, and all your decisions will have to be looked over by me. The whole world will know you, because I'm finally going public with my identity.  So Bradley, what do you say?" I squeezed my hands together. 

"I'm in." 

Three Months Later

"Brad, Bradley, over here!" Annie shouted and I jogged over to her. Smiling, I picked her up and spun her around, and she giggled. 

"How are you doing Annie?" I kissed her on the cheek, and gave her a hug.  She wove her fingers through mine as we walked down the sidewalk in Boston. 

"I'm great, how's BrickStone? My nephew Max just started working there, and he already loves it." I nodded and pointed to a diner. 

"How about here?" She nodded, and we crossed the street.  I held the door open for her, as the hostess greeted us. 

"Table for two, right this way." The redhead grinned at us. Annie's grip tightened on my hand, and the waitress winked at me. Really?

 "I don't like the way she looked at you." I caught a curl of brown hair in my finger and started twisting it around. 

"I don't like the way that your English professor looks at you, but I tolerate it." I murmured into her hair. The door opened, and there stood Jared and his girlfriend. We waved them over, and they pulled a table to us. I noticed Marissa was looking a little bigger.

"Hey Mari, ease up on the potato chips!" Annie joked, but winked at her. Marissa winked back, leaning into Jared and nodded. Annie squealed and hugged me. 

"Tyler said he couldn't make it, too much work." I nodded. Annie pouted. 

"He's so uptight, he really needs to get laid. I mean, he's never had a girlfriend since I met you, and that was almost three months ago!" I stole a glance at Jared, who was shaking his head. 

"He works really hard, he doens't have time." That ended the discussion. A thought came into my head, and I blurted it out before I could stop it.

"Mar, are you preggers?" I covered my mouth as Jared started coughing. Annie giggled. 

"Surprise Jare!" That's just how Ale- Snap out of it Bradley. It's in the past, don't think about it so much. You have a good life, you're rich with a lovely girlfriend, and tons of friends. 

"I'm going to be a daddy?" He almost shouted. Grabbing Marissa, he kissed her, wrapping his arms around her. I smiled, and Annie leaned into me. I heard the door open, and turned to see Mark and Maya holding hands.  They spotted me, and nodded to a table. Excusing myself, I went over to them. 

"What do you two want?" I snapped at them. Mark already had his computer out, and it was starting up. Maya looked a little different though, she looked a little sick.

"You to come back Bradley, we need you." Wow. I shook my head, and started to walk away. 

"Look what you've become, she would be so ashamed of you." I froze, and slowly walked back to Mark. 

"Alexa is dead. I saved your fucking lives by joining BrickStone, you know that. I released Danny, what more do you want?" I saw Annie looking around, and I caught her eye. Smiling at her, I saw her blow a kiss then turn around. 

"We want BrickStone to end dumb ass. We can't lead the Resistance anymore, only you can." I wasn't listening to this. 

"Listen to me. BrickStone is stronger than ever, partially thanks to me. You won't ever beat us, so don't even try." I sneered at them. Maya shook her head sadly, then looked around. I watched in horror as she started to peel her skin off. I nearly fell over when Alexa's face replaced her own. Mark helped her remove the plastic from her face, while I stood there dumbly. 

"What have you become Brad?" She was alive! Alexa, was alive, but how?

"We had people switch the bodies, even though she was wounded." Mark almost read my mind. I felt Jared's hand on my shoulder, as he spotted Alexa.

"Alexa! My goodness I haven't seen you in three months!" It was fake. She stood up, grabbing Mark.

"Game On." What? She started to leave, but turned back. The smile on her face was sadistic, scary.

"Game on 768." 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

27.1K 869 58
"Pain was something I was very familiar with and had grown to manipulate and wield as a weapon. But our love would prove to be far more deadly." . ✧...
14.9K 560 6
Note: Please refrain from controversial remarks and comments. This story is not written to offend any religion and culture. If you cannot digest it...
1.2K 184 44
NOW PUBLISHED IN PAPERBACK ON AMAZON! IF YOU WANT TO ADD IT TO YOUR SHELF, JUST CLICK ON THE LINK IN MY BIO NOW!!! OR CLICK HERE:- https://www.amazon...
269K 10.8K 55
𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝖿𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗁 𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝗈𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗀𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖺 𝗆𝖺𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝖼𝗋𝗂𝗆𝗂𝗇𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗒. 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖺𝗉𝗉𝗅𝗒 𝖺𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗍𝗈𝗐𝗇�...