Ultraman Xenos

By Kaitou-Saikyou-Zeta

In the vast space, there's a planet called Earth. About seventeen years ago, monsters have start appearing on... More

Bio of Hiro & Xenos
Bio of Mamoru & Volance
Bio of Hiroshi & Ars
You Are Not Alone
Scorching Hot Weather
Behind the Mist
Monster of the Past
The Gentle Giant
Reunion
What Human Can Become
Crystal of Baradhi
Two Demons Return
What Bring The Darkness
Released With Cost
Inhereting the Darkness
The Monster Inside Of You
Accept Who You Are
You Choose Your Own Path
Rage of Tiger
The Ancient Ice Ruler
One Who Control Monsters
Space-Anomaly

Welcome to EDGE

217 5 2
By Kaitou-Saikyou-Zeta

In the new world where age of Ultra, Kaiju and Alien have arrived, they must prepare for the event that will happen. Seventeen years ago, an event called the Supernova take the attention of the world, but at the same time, awaken every slumbering monsters residing on Earth. Aliens also have taken the attention of Planet Earth. But then, in the present, it has taken the attention of a certain evil being. A Space Beast, Lizarga, was sent to that very Earth and wreck havoc. Then an Ultraman named Xenos appear out of nowhere and defeat the Space Beast. An even newer age has begun even before they notice it.

(Tokyo)

It has been three months since the appearance of Lizarga and Ultraman Xenos. The news also announced that the Lizarga is not a monster, but classed as an evil being while Ultraman Xenos remain called as the "silver giant" as his name have yet to be revealed yet. The people around the world feeling nervous about the appearance of new beings that they cannot understand more than they can take before.

(Drazen Base)
(Command Room)

At the command room, it shows Harumiya is watching the recording of the battle between Xenos and Lizarga.

Harumiya: Hmmm...

He watch the battle style of Xenos, showing that he do know how to fight but haven't fully adapted against something like Lizarga. With his assist through the EDGE-Chester Alpha, Xenos able to take on Lizarga. When Lizarga get distracted, Xenos finish it off with beam saber from his brace. After the battle over, Xenos disappear without a trace.

Harumiya: Who that giant...?

Kikai: Captain, you have been observing this footage for a while now. Is there something wrong?

Harumiya: It's nothing. I merely thinking about what kind of being that giant is.

Kikai: There have no record of such being ever appeared. It could be an alien, or even an unknown being reside here on Earth.

Harumiya: That could be, too.

The door opened and Sakuya entered the room, bring some papers before walk to Harumiya.

Sakuya: Captain, here is the report about the recruits that we will gain.

Harumiya: *take the papers* Thank you.

Sakuya: But seriously, why do you still watch that footage? What do you wish to learn from that?

Harumiya: I was trying to find clue who that giant is.

Sakuya: That would be hard. It may have been three months, but not just you, the media and the other sources including the WPA are trying to find out more about this giant.

Harumiya: What we must find out is this giant is a friend or foe. The Kaiju might be protected through special law established years ago, but this one is not.

Sakuya: I am as curious as you are... Who is that giant. Oh right, about the recruits...

Harumiya: *look at the papers* So there's three of them, huh? Kusanagi Okami, Kiyama Asuna and Kamiki Hiro. Hmm? Kamiki Hiro is third year in high school.

Sakuya: Yes. Originally, the recruitment usually require people above nineteen years old, but when the recruitment agents went to a high school at Tokyo, Kamiki Hiro is talented and he seems very committed.

Harumiya: Meaning?

Sakuya: Unlike most people, he seems show no discrimination between human and other beings. Kamiki Hiro devoted to make this world where human, Kaiju and even alien live together.

Harumiya: I see. That sounds more like just a pipe dream to me. However, if what you said is true, then I'd like to see his true potential.

(Tokyo)
(Streets)

At the busy streets and road in the city, it shows a car drove by Tsukasa with Hiro as the passenger.

Hiro: Nee-san, you don't really have to take me to the port. I can get there myself.

Tsukasa: Don't worry, my brother need to be there on time. Also, it's not hurt for me just to take you there.

Hiro: Thank you.

Tsukasa: Geez... I can't believe that you choose become part of EDGE in that age. Can't you wait until you reach twenty?

Hiro: I make my own desicion. Grandpa and you even told me that when I was first year in high school.

Tsukasa: *sweatdrop* That's not what we mean, though...

(Port)

When arrived there, Tsukasa drop Hiro near the entrance area to the port building. Hiro take his bags from the back of car.

Tsukasa: Hiro, take care of yourself. Make sure you don't cause any trouble.

Hiro: I know, I'm an adult. Don't worry about me.

Tsukasa: You're nowhere near an adult yet. But good luck, I know you can be part of the team. Contact us while you're there.

Hiro: Got it.

Tsukasa wave at Hiro before she drove away. Hiro take a deep breath before he turn around and walk to the building, heading to the ferry that will take him to Drazen Base. After an hour, the ferry that will get to Drazen Base have arrived as the agents wait for the new recruits to take them to the base. Hiro the first one to arrive and he get on the ferry first. Two hours later, the ferry get moving and head back to the base.

(Ferry)

Outside, Hiro standing near the rail and look ahead to the open ocean.

Hiro: *in mind* I wonder what kind of place is the Drazen Base...

???: Hey, you.

He turn around and saw someone who is few years older than him.

???: What a high schoolar doing on this boat? This boat is for EDGE members only.

Hiro: I am part of the team. I've taken the exam and passed.

???: H-Huh? What the hell? When did they bend the rules and let someone as young as you to get there?

Hiro: I don't know, but joining EDGE has been my dream. I'm Kamiki Hiro, third year in high school. And you?

《Kusanagi Okami》

Okami: Wh-Whatever. I'm Kusanagi Okami, and my family are part of EDGE overseas. My father and my brother that is.

Hiro: I see.

Okami: H-Hey, don't act like you're some high up. Just who you think you are?

Hiro: I'm no one. Just a simple guy who wish to enter EDGE to follow his dream, that's it.

Okami: O-Ohh... What kind of exam did they let you take?

???: Stop it.

They turn aside and saw a young woman who give them a serious expression.

???: I don't want to see anyone get into fighting and get dropped off by just simple arguement.

Okami: You're...! Kiyama Asuna!

《Kiyama Asuna》

Asuna: That's right.

Hiro: Kiyama Asuna... A prodigy who attend school at America, and even get early PHD in engineering.

Asuna: Excellent. I never thought I'd be this well-known. Kamiki Hiro, was it? I heard of you, Kusanagi Okami. But Kamiki Hiro, I never thought a prodigy like yourself be here this early.

Okami: *turn to Hiro* P-Prodigy? This kid?

Asuna: Yes. He even known throughout Tokyo, though it mostly because he is friendly and kind toward others.

Okami: Ohhh... *smug* Hey, Kamiki Hiro. I'm older, so call me "Senpai."

Hiro: *smile* Sure, Okami-senpai.

Asuna: Hey, don't take advantage over his kindness!

(Time Skip)

After around two hours of riding the ferry, they finally arrive at the Drazen Base. The trio watch the base in awe because this is the first time they ever step foot there.

(Drazen Base)

When the ferry parked at the port, the recruits walk down as they guide by one of the agent. They other agents have taken their belongings and place them to their own respective room. When Hiro ask why they in such hurry, the agent reply that the Captain wish to meet them personally.

(Command Room)

At the command room, the trio meet with the current members of the response team.

Harumiya: I am Harumiya Hayate, the captain of EDGE Japan.

Sakuya: I'm the deputy captain, Hachimitsu Sakuya. Pleasure to meet you.

Kikai: I am an android and navigator, Kikai. Please, just call me "Kikai."

Harumiya: Now, please introduce yourselves.

Okami: The names Kusanagi Okami!

Asuna: I am Kiyama Asuna.

Hiro: I'm Kamiki Hiro.

They bow to their superior.

Hiro/Asuna/Okami: A pleasure to meet you!

Harumiya: Good. Now that I've know your name, that is just the first step. Before I continue, I'd like to say that in this team, all members are considered important. And I want you all to respect each other, and if you do so, I will respect you in return.

"Yes, sir!"

Sakuya: But what you've passed are just mere writting and basic survival exams. While you will be the ones to enter EDGE Japan, but do you have the will and skill to be part of this team?

Okami: Of course I am! I'm the best, and I shall be part of this team!

Harumiya: I like your spirit, but put that arrogant and overconfident attitude away. That is not what I want to see in this team.

Okami: I-I'm sorry, sir!

Harumiya: Now then... Go to the changing room and change into your uniform. And after that, you'll be takint a specific exam to show your skill.

"Yes, sir!"

Harumiya: It pronounce as "Yes, sir".

"Yes, sir!"

Harumiya: Now get moving!

They quickly get to the locker room to change their outfit.

(A/N: The uniform for EDGE is similar with Night Raid, but it have lighter armor and colored blue-white.)

(Simulation Room)

At the simulation room, there are console for both ground and air vehicles. They take turn in taking the jet piloting exam, making sure that each other of them able to see each others' performance. After an hour, they done with the first exam.

Rank

1st. Kusanagi Okami - 56870 Points

2nd. Kiyama Asuna - 46791 Points

3rd. Kamiki Hiro - 23801 Points

Okami: All right!

Asuna: Well, that is alright for me.

Hiro: Aww man...

(Maintence Room)

At the maintenance room, they take technical exam as looking into vehicles parts and weaponary. Okami is trying his best, but can't think which item is which, Hiro also have trouble at first but he able to get a hang of it, and Asuna doing just finely.

Rank

1st. Kiyama Asuna

2nd. Kamiki Hiro

3rd. Kusanagi Okami

Asuna: Hmph. This exam is no big deal for me.

Hiro: Well, I did my best.

Okami: Daaaaaamn...!!

(Shooting Range)

And the last one is the shooting exam. They take turns in shooting down holographic targets, and using only a specialize handgun, the EnerGun.

《EnerGun》

Okami doing finely and Asuna did her best to react with the timing. And lastly, it's Hiro's turn. He take the gun and walk into the shooting area, put on the glasses and prepare himself.

Okami: Shooting, eh? Can he even pass this one?

Asuna: Be quiet. We all here to be part of EDGE, so at least see what others can do.

Okami: Fine.

As the count down numbers are moving slowly, Hiro calm his mind and focus on the ranges as he clench his right hand before ready to grip the gun. When the siren sounded, several holographic targets away. Hiro grab the gun and shoot the targets in high speed, even able to take down moving targets with ease until the time up. Okami with jaw dropped, and Asuna, suprised to see Hiro's incredible reaction timing.

Rank

1st. Kamiki Hiro - 700 Points

2nd. Kusanagi Okami - 520 Points

3rd. Kiyama Asuna - 400 Points

Hiro: *exhale air* ...

Okami: What the heck...?

Asuna: His reaction is amazing. I haven't heard of this before.

(Time Skip)
(Lunch)
(Cafeteria)

While waiting for their results, they went to the cafeteria to have some lunch.

Okami: These foods are good!

Asuna: Yes.

Hiro: Definitely!

As they continue to eat, they also have a good view of the ocean from where they sit.

Okami: So, what's your story?

Asuna/Hiro: Huh?

Okami: The reason why you guys were here, choose to be part of EDGE.

Asuna: Why do we have to tell you?

Hiro: Didn't you arrogantly told us that you're better in every way?

Okami: *sweatdrop* D-Did I? I don't remember... Hahahah!

Hiro: If you pretend trying to lie, do it better. I've seen so many did like that before.

Asuna: Same here.

Okami: Hey, hey! Don't lump me with some random person!

Hiro/Asuna: *smug* But you are a "random person."

Okami: Stop making fun of me! You guys, stop!

The two laugh while Okami keep telling them to stop laughing at him, but he get ignored.

(Command Room)

After the lunch break, they get called back to the command room. Harumiya and Sakuya checked their performance at each test.

Harumiya: While your seat on this team is guaranteed, about your tests... You all did well. Each of you have show what talents you have, and you did greatly. I am impressed.

They relief hearing that.

Harumiya: However...!

They back to their straight-up stance.

Harumiya: EDGE is a group who exterminate threats toward humanity, but we also protect giant beings like Kaiju that roam on Earth. So we must perform both tasks perfectly. No excuses for failure!

"Yes, sir!"

Harumiya: Good.

Sakuya: As long as you follow the rules and continue your devotion to this organization, you will always be look after.

Harumiya: But I must remind you that we have a strain relationship with the ARMY.

Okami: The ARMY, huh?

Asuna: I am fully aware.

Hiro: I hate them.

The two suprised to hear that Hiro just claim that he hate the ARMY out loud.

Harumiya: We just do our best not to provoke them. But if they keep pressuring us, then we have no choice to let them take over at some point.

Hiro: *annoyed expression* ...

Sakuya: Now then, how about we show you around more? This is a good opportunity for you to look around the base now that you are official members here.

"Right!"

*emergency alarm rang*

The holographic screen lit up and shows a location somewhere in the forest outside of Tokyo.

Kikai: There's a tremor occuring at Point B2-2. And it seems there's a movement underground.

Harumiya: I see. *turn to the trio* It seems that your first mission have come early. Member Hachimitsu, I'd like you to go with them.

Sakuya: Got it.

Harumiya: I'd like you go there and investigate. Kikai, have the local police evacuate any civilian in the area.

Kikai: Yes, sir.

Harumiya: EDGE, move out!

"Yes, sir!"

They take their helmet and put it on. Then then get to the locker and grab a rifle like weapon, the PulseBlaster.

《PulseBlaster》

They rushing to the ship dispatch area where they will directly sent to their fighter jet.

(Hangar)

At the launching pad, two EDGE-Chester Alpha are placed there. In the first one, Sakuya and Hiro, while in the second one, Okami and Asuna. They turn on the system and power up the fighter jet, as the gate opened.

Sakuya: You better hold on, newbie.

Hiro: Of course, deputy captain.

Okami(Comms): Sorry, deputy captain. But I'm a better pilot here!

Asuna(Comms): Why do I stuck with you?

Sakuya: *chuckle* I hope your spirit is as big as your mouth. EDGE-Chester Alpha, launch!

Both fighter jets launched and fly toward the scene.

(Scene)

Upon arriving at the scene, they investigate the area but there's nothing seems to be showing up there. They went to separate area, but found nothing. Sakuya and Hiro landed and search from the ground.

Sakuya: Hmmm... Even if there's a tremor here, there doesn't seem much activity.

Hiro: Probably a normal earthquake. Since it almost common in Japan...

Sakuya: Yeah, but if there's something moving underground, then it might not just be a simple earthquake.

Hiro: *speak through the comms* Hey, how about you two? Found anything from the air?

Okami(Comms): No luck.

Asuna(Comms): Everything looks fine.

Hiro: I see. Then--

He suddenly felt a sudden pressure. Hiro turn around and saw nothing, but he felt the pressure and heard a weird growl like sound.

Sakuya: *turn to Hiro* Member Hiro, is there something wrong?

Hiro: O-Oh, I thought I heard something. Maybe just my imagination.

Sakuya: Really? The scanner didn't show anything...

*tremor*

They felt the ground is shaking.

Sakuya: Earthquake?

Hiro: This is...!

The ground breaks and burst up, before a roar can be heard. When the dust clears, it shows one giant centipede-reptile like monster.

《Centipede Monster - Mukadender》

Mukadender roar and slam its whip onto the ground.

Sakuya: A Kaiju!

Hiro: Centipede like, have spiky body and a whip in right arm... That's Mukadender!

Sakuya: Member Kusanagi! Member Kiyama! Come to our location, a Kaiju has appeared!

Mukadender spot them and its mouth lit in fire. 

Hiro: Deputy Captain!

Mukadender blast a fireball at them, causing an explosion. When get to the scene, Okami and Asuna in the second figther jet sees the smoke on the ground.

Okami: Deputy Captain!

Asuna: Hiro-kun!

Hearing the sound from the air, Mukadender turn aside and saw the jet. Mukadender roar and head toward it.

Okami: Why you...!! Even if you're big, we'll show you what we Kaiju rescuers can do!!

He press the trigger at the control, and start shooting laser bullets toward Mukadendar. Back on the ground, it shows Hiro able to get Sakuya to safety, but she is unconscious. Hiro slowly place her down near a tree, before turn around and look at the fight.

Hiro: This is bad. They only make it mad.

He take out the Nova Evolver and look at it. He turn to Sakuya, and she still unconscious.

Hiro: I has been three months since I last transform... The people might uneasy with my other self, but I need to this.

He push the item forward and take out the silver Xeno Crystal. Hiro insert it into the item.

Silver! 

Hiro: Shine brightly, star of evolution! Ultraman Xenos!

He raise the Nova Evolver and press the trigger.

Evolution!

Ultraman Xenos - Silver Spirit!

He enter his rise. When Mukadendar blast another fireball, it about to hit the fighter jet but a sudden blinding light appear. When the light dies down, it shows Xenos between the jet and Mukadender.

Okami: Th-That was...

Asuna: The silver giant...

Xenos glance back at the jet, before he turn to Mukadender. He crack his fists  before he enter his fighting stance.

Mukadendar roar before rush toward him. Xenos shout before rush ahead, as both giant beings clash into each other. Mukadendar back away from the blow, before it start shooting fireballs at Xenos, but he jump to the side to dodge. When Mukadendar throw its whip, Xenos sees it and jump away. While remain in the air, Okami and Asuna is watching the battle.

Okami: That silver giant is fighting with that Kaiju...

Asuna: Amazing.

Mukadendar throw another lash, but Xenos jump into the air and land a kick into Mukadender, making it growl in pain and fall down.

Xenos: Heh. That kind of attack won't work on me.

As he rush ahead for another attack, Mukadender recover before shooting silk like threads from its mouth.

Xenos: Wh-What is this?!

He get his hands tied and his legs stuck on the ground by the silk threads. Mukadender take the chance to lash its whip at Xenos, making him groan in pain. Then Mukandender shoot fireballs at Xenos, causing mor damage which cause him to fall onto the ground. Despite able to damage Xenos more, Mukadender make a mistake as the flame from its fireball just burn the silk threads away which allow Xenos to be free. Xenos jump back on his feet and dash for Mukadender, grabbing its head and hitting it with his fist. As he keep pulling, Mukadender's neck suddenly get pulled off from its body. Despite get detached from each other, both head and body remain alive.

Xenos: Ugh! This feels gross and weird!

He start slamming Mukadender's head onto the ground, making it growl in pain as its body also reacting. Then the body turn to Xenos, lashing its whip at Xenos' neck and pull him back, making him fall onto the ground and let go of its head. The body keep lashing its whip onto Xenos, before the head attach back to its body. When Xenos get up, Mukadender blast another barrage of fireballs at Xenos which cause multiple explosion, and sent him back away, and fall to his left knee. His core turn red and start blinking.

(A/N: Xenos share the same timer sound as Nexus.)

Xenos: This is... I take too much damage, huh?

When Mukadender shoot another fireball, Xenos get up and deflect the fireball right back to Mukadender, making it roar in pain.

Xenos: I am... Ultraman!

He cross his arms at his chest, as the crystal and white sprites on his body glows blue. He break the cross as blue energy surge through his arms, and place his hands in "L" style.

Xenos: Xeno-Schtrom Shoot!

He shoot a bright blue beam toward Mukadender, making it cries in pain when hit. Mukadender continue to roar before it engulf in explosion. Then a swirl of energy appear in the flame as it gathered at the center and descend to the ground.

Xenos: Did I kill it...?

Then he disappear into particles, confusing Okami and Asuna. While remain in their daze, they remember about Hiro and Sakuya before trying to contact them.

(Time Skip)

When Hiro went to the area where the "item" falls, he found a crystal like Mukadender like doll.

Hiro: This is...

He take the crystal and examine it. He felt life energy from it.

Hiro: I see. I didn't kill Mukadender, but turn it into crystal doll. I see, so I have the power to turn Kaiju into crystal to seal them instead. What useful power.

He keep the crystal doll and rush toward where Sakuya is. When he get there, Sakuya is regaining her consciousness as Hiro help her get up.

Sakuya: Member Kamiki, what happened?

Hiro: You were knocked out so I place you here. Don't worry, the silver giant defeat that Kaiju.

Sakuya: It did? Wait, the giant appear again? Where is it now?

Hiro: I don't know, but it did saved us. Let's go back to base, you need some rest after this, right?

Sakuya: Yes, I definitely need a rest.

They head back to their fighter jet. The second EDGE-Chester Alpha landed nearby as Okami and Asuna quickly get to them. For now, their first mission is somewhat work out well. But they still have much more to learn.

To be continued...

Preview...

"What is this hot temperature...?"

"Huh? A lost Kaiju?"

"You rescuers pretenders can get out of the way. We'll handle this one ourselves."

"I'll bring you all the heat!"

Next time on Ultraman Xenos: "Scorching Hot Weather."

"You are not alone, so don't give up."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61 0 14
Ultraman Aries tells the story of Tasoku Matososhi, a skilled agent of the NOVA or National Organization of Vengeance Attacker-defence. The organizat...
31K 608 44
Game X-Over and Marvel Crossover Call Of Duty IW/AW and Halo S.A.T.O 7th Fleet was sent to investigate an unknown Forerunner planet to discover the e...
166 17 18
after his parent's was brutally murdered by an enemy alien meteor from the planet b73 sets out from his comfort of a home to go train himself to beat...
163 2 16
In the distant future of the 28th century, mankind survived near extinction and then made it into the wider galaxy, with almost no other sapient life...