Night's Love

By LifeAsBog

Soulmates are people who are bound to you before you are even conscious. How? Well, because the night sky sai... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
A/N
Chapter 30
A/N
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
A/N
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Erm another A/N
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter! Truth or Dare

Chapter 23

981 44 6
By LifeAsBog

Namjoon POV:

Finally, several hours of a boring study session have passed. I've been nothing but impatient at the thought of returning to our new home.

Kindly, I say goodbye to my classmates, pack up my materials, and head to my car. A warm smile finds its way to my face, unknowingly. I send a quick text to our group chat, telling them that I will be home within fifteen minutes. I receive a few responses that warm my heart.

As I exit my car, I unlock the front door and greet three of my soulmates. It was almost time for dinner, but the others still weren't home. Calling for Taehyung, I place my things down.

"What's up? How was your studying?" He asks, pulling me into a hug. I smile fondly at him.

"It went well. Where are the others? Are they still out?" He pulls away and shrugs, making his way to the kitchen.

"They must be. I haven't gotten a text from any of them, so I'm assuming they're still out. We should make them dinner so they don't have to work harder." He suggests, pulling utensils out of the drawers. A weird feeling crawls up my back, but I shrug it off.

"That's a good idea. What should we make?" I ask, unsure of everyone's preferences.

"We could always make a bunch of things and then save the leftovers." He points out. I nod as we begin working.

After almost an hour, the food is done and ready for consumption. Jin would be so proud.

I call upstairs for Hobi and Yoongi, and they meander their way into the dining room. The plates are neatly placed around the new table, and glass cups rest behind the left corner of each one.

We get ourselves food as slowly as possible, wanting to wait for our other half, but they still do not show. I send individual texts to each of the four, hoping for the best.

My nerves must be getting the best of me because Yoongi reaches his hand across the table and holds mine in his own. I shake my head while looking down.

"I'm sure they're fine." He says in an attempt to comfort me. Though, it does not help because his eyes hold the same worry as my own.

I do not know their half of our soulmate group as much as I know my half, but I can tell that he cares for Y/N and Jungkook like how I care for Jin and Jimin. Of course, it's not that I don't care for them equally, but I am much more familiar with my half that I've known longer.

I seem to be the only one who is really nervous, so it may just be my unreasonable thoughts.

Yoongi POV:

Let it be known that I am absolutely terrified. Ever since I noticed that the house was still empty after lunch, I've been a nervous wreck. If they were just out having fun, I think they would have texted by now, but they haven't.

The dinner table captured our strange silence like a venus fly trap catches flies. Though, we could not seem to find anything to say.

I attempted to calm Namjoon's nerves, but I think he saw right through me. Stupid soulmate bond. I'm not one to show emotions regularly, but now, I really want to hide my nerves for the sake of the others.

We would have answers sooner or later. However, good or bad news may vary.

Jimin POV:

My head pounds heavily as my eyes slowly squint open. Whoever captured me did not seem to go easy on me, but they went harder on Jungkook.

Now, though, I am alone. Just as I assume the others to be. I'm not sure how long I was out for, but it didn't feel like long. My mind wanders to my other stolen soulmates.

Are they okay? Do they have a headache, too? Are they just as hungry as me?

Y/n POV:

You stare at the doctor in front of you, his words still prancing around in your mind. The carved number seven itches in the back of your brain too, begging you to ask the man of its purpose. However, you would never want to risk anything by making it known. It could be important, or it could be someone keeping track of something.

After a few short seconds of silence, the doctor places the clipboard in his lap. He looks at you expectantly.

The way his eyes gaze at you bothers you in a strange way, so you tilt your head and glare at him. He chuckles lightly and shakes his head.

"You aren't going to ask me any questions?" He wonders aloud. You roll your eyes.

"Will you even answer them?"

He nods lightly. "Of course, that's my job."

"Why am I here?" You start with the basics. He puts the clipboard down on the table and crosses one leg over the other.

"Well, to put it simply, you have seven soulmates. That has been unheard of for generations. I am here to study you." He says shortly. You furrow your eyebrows.

"So I'm one of your stupid little lab rats? Couldn't you politely ask us instead of kidnapping us?"

"Well...the kidnapping was not my idea. I only agreed to run the tests."

"Which are?" You snip.

"Oh you know, simple blood tests, brain scans, and chemical tests." He answers. Your eyes snap to his.

"What chemical tests?" You pry further.

If the room weren't freezing cold, a bead of sweat would be trailing down his face. He was fidgeting and avoiding your eye contact.

"It's only a few tests. Some may be painful, make you lose your memory, or damage your soulmate bond." He responds almost silently.

Ripples could be felt on your skin from your boiling blood. No sentence could have been more infuriating than the one he just spoke.

"You won't be performing those tests, then." You threaten heavily. He eyes you wearily, his hands trembling.

"I- I have to. This is my job." He stutters. Your gaze darkens as you watch him fiddle with his fingers.

Wishing you could chop his hands off of his body, you try to snatch them. Though, you forgot that your wrists and ankles were bound to the bed.

Noticing your attempt, he jolts backwards, also forgetting that you are bound. He sighs lightly and relaxes ever so slightly when he feels safe. You roll your eyes.

"You won't have a job if I kill you." You say, venom dripping from your words.

"I understand your fear, but it's really not that bad."

"How would you even know? When's the last time you ran these tests?" You ask.

"Umm...well I never have. These are special case tests, and you are a special case." He says, regaining his cool composure. You, however, are still seething.

"We may be special, but we're all still human." You press. He nods

"Of course, but we need to know for science." He claims. Rolling your eyes, you continue.

"It's like when a woman has quadruplets. It's by total chance." You defend yourself.

"We still run tests on them." He shrugs his shoulders.

"Yes, you do, but you don't kill her or her kids." You argue.

"We aren't going to kill you!" He shouts.

"You might not kill us, but damaging our bond is close enough!" You return with the same energy. The volume of your yell can be heard throughout the nearby rooms.

"Whether the bond is damaged or not, you will all survive." He says, waving his hands slowly to calm you down. It doesn't work.

"You better not let me out of this binding or so help me your head will become a trophy. Your throat will become a hand warmer. Your ribcage will become a play area for hamsters. Your thigh bones will go to a hungry great dane." The words you spew fly like daggers, each one stabbing nearer to the doctor's mind. He recoils in disgust.

"Your tests will begin tomorrow." He chirps, picking up his clipboard and pushing his chair away.

If looks could kill, he would be twenty feet under in this moment. As you watch him closely, he wanders to the door and pulls the handle. As if feeling your gaze, he slowly turns to face you for the last time today.

"I'll see you soon." He says, nodding at you once. With no reply from you, he exits the room and closes the door behind him. For a few lingering seconds, you glare at the door.

Fatigue catching up to you, your mind wanders to your soulmates. The captured and the free. Your head slumps backwards onto the board behind you. Tears threaten to fall, but being unable to wipe them would only make you angrier.

Shaking your head, you try to clear the despicable thoughts from your mind. Your eyes focus on random things in the room, always falling back onto the carved number seven. 'Maybe it is just a mark of how many soulmates you have.'

Deciding that that's what it is, you look around again. Nothing catches your eye. Sighing heavily, you try to let rest take you away.

Of course, it doesn't work.

Your attention turns to your wrists and ankles. Your eyebrow quirks as you search for any form of freedom. The material used appears to be of a cloth type. It's rough against your skin, but doesn't seem to be the strongest form of binding.

Formulating an escape plan holds the number one spot on your new To Do List. The only things that could be used to your advantage would be your shoes, your rings, and your fingernails.

Slowly, your active mind dwindles into a murmur as your thoughts become dreams. For hours, you dream of the people that make you the happiest.

Yoongi POV:

Tonight, nobody can find the will to sleep. Our fear is too great, and we have all entered 'panic mode'. Currently, I am on the couch next to Namjoon, whose hands is holding his head. Hoseok and Taehyung are pacing between the living room and dining room.

We are hopeless.

It's no question that they were taken by someone because they would never leave us, at least not so suddenly. Our hearts ache for our lost soulmates, but we are rendered utterly useless. The only thing we can do is ask for some sort of security tape from the store that they went to. Though, I'm not entirely sure we are allowed to access it.

"Guys, I think we should try sleeping. We can look for them tomorrow. I know they would rather us be strong enough to find them then become weak." I finally say. Slowly, Hoseok and Taehyung return to the living room with their heads hung low. Tears threaten to fall from Taehyung's eyes.

Again, my heart clenches at the sight. His eyes represent how hopeless and useless he feels in this situation. My head dips down for a moment, but I force it back up as I stand.

Grabbing Namjoon's hands, I pull him up from the couch. His eyes don't raise to meet my own.

"I don't want to be alone." Hoseok whispers. Another heart clench.

"You don't have to be. You can sleep with me." I suggest. He nods slowly, his fear eating him alive.

Taehyung grabs my hand, his watery eyes looking into my own.

"Can I sleep with you too?" He asks with a weak voice. Of course, I nod. I don't want to be alone just as much as they don't want to be.

I look over to Namjoon and drag him along to me and Hoseok's room. We had decided to room together when he thought it would be fun to get to know me better.

As we had already changed into sleeping clothes, we just head straight for the bed. Taehyung and Hoseok are the first in, and I follow after Namjoon sits slowly.

"I should have went with when she asked me." He says quietly.

"What?" I reply.

"When she asked me to go with. I should have canceled my plans." He whispers. I begin to shake my head.

"Don't blame yourself. If they took four people, a fifth would be no challenge. Your education is important, anyway." I say, trying to comfort him.

His sad eyes droop as he finally lays down, his back facing me. The bed is quite crowded, but at a time like this, I wouldn't want it any other way.

If I had to be on my own, my heart would shatter and I wouldn't survive.

I can't imagine how our other half feels.

------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 1.8K 50
What happens if your soulmate wants nothing to do with you? Sabrina moved to Seoul for a fresh start. She was settling in nicely, teaching English t...
108K 4.9K 59
COMPLETE: Growing up everyone knew about soulmates. A mark would appear on your body on your 16th birthday and the person who shared your mark was y...
275K 12.1K 40
BTS POLY SOULMATE AU...... Ranked #2 in SOULMATE, #1 in FLUFFANDSMUT, ~#27 in BTS In a world where turning twenty-one makes you eligible to find your...
4.1M 158K 126
1 year. 1 girl. And the 7 men who own her heart. When she applied for the job, she thought she'd just be teaching in South Korea and getting a fresh...