AFTER GETTING ABANDONED, I CH...

By DonnaMariano149

AFTER GETTING ABANDONED, I CHOOSE TO BECOME THE GENERAL'S WIFE Author: Bao Genre: Romance, Psychological Stat... More

DESCRIPTION
1-10
11-20
21-30
31-40
41-50
51-60
61-70
71-80
81-90
91-100
101-110
121-130
131-140
141-150
151-160
161-170
171-180
181-190
191-200
201-210
211-220
221-230
231-240
241-250
251-260
261-270
271-280
281-290
291-300
301-320
321-330
331-340
341-350
351-360
361-370
371-380
381-390
391-398 END

111-120

1.1K 17 0
By DonnaMariano149

Chapter 111: Meeting

When Fang Ya arrived at the office, the door was already open.

Fang Ya walked into the office but did not see anyone.

After tidying up the table, Fang Ya saw a man with white hair walk in with a glass of water.

The man was dressed in a suit and looked dignified.

Fang Ya walked up and wanted to greet him.

The man glanced at Fang Ya and smiled. "You're Fang Ya, right?"

Fang Ya nodded. "You're Secretary Nie?"

"Yes! There's no need to be so formal!" Nie Jun said as he walked into his office.

Fang Ya followed him in. "I don't have any relevant work experience, so please guide me, sir."

Nie Jun sat in his office chair and looked at Fang Ya. "I believe in your ability."

"Your previous leader had a good evaluation of you." Nie Jun still had a smile on his face.

"Previous leader?" Fang Ya was a little surprised. "It's the neighborhood committee's..."

"Yes!" Nie Jun smiled. "You didn't expect it, did you? That the black-faced leader of yours was capable of praising anyone?"

Hearing Nie Jun's words, Fang Ya could not help but laugh.

Upon seeing Fang Ya laugh, Nie Jun said again, "Don't be too nervous. Everyone has to start somewhere."

"Do your best. You'll definitely do very well!" Nie Jun looked at Fang Ya and said.

Fang Ya nodded. "Secretary Nie, I understand! If I need improvements in any aspects, just say it!"

The corners of Nie Jun's mouth curled up. "You're truly similar to that kid He Feng."

When Fang Ya heard Nie Jun mention He Feng, the expression on her face was a little unnatural. "The two of us..."

"Hah! That kid doesn't know how to be considerate at all!" Nie Jun snorted.

When Fang Ya heard that, the corners of her mouth curled up into a smile, but she did not intend to relay those words to He Feng.

"I still have a meeting to attend today. Tidy up the documents that they sent over today. I'll look at them after work." Nie Jun flipped his hand to look at his watch and said.

Fang Ya hurriedly nodded. "Okay!"

After Nie Jun finished speaking, he stood up and left.

Fang Ya watched Nie Jun leave and returned to her seat to tidy up her things.

Two days of work and only ten minutes of meeting Nie Jun...

Fang Ya could not help but sigh. That man was sure busy!

Before ten o'clock, three groups of people had already come over looking for Nie jun.

Fang Ya responded to them one after another and noted down the purpose of each party's visit.

Close to noon, another man in a dark gray suit came in.

The man had neatly combed hair. His meticulous appearance made him look like an outstanding talent in a certain professional field.

The man carried a briefcase and walked in. He touched his gold-rimmed glasses with a finger and smiled at Fang Ya. "Hello! is Secretary Nie here?"

Fang Ya looked at the man and paused before saying, "Secretary Nie has a meeting today and is not here. If there's anything you need, I can pass it on to him."

The man looked at Fang Ya and asked, "May I know who you are?"

Fang Ya glanced up at the man. "I'm the Secretary's assistant."

"Ah, hello. Well, it's like this. We have a project that we would like the secretary to take a look at personally." As the man spoke, he raised the briefcase in his hand.

Fang Ya glanced at the briefcase and said, "Why don't you come back tomorrow? The secretary should be back very late today."

The man revealed a troubled expression. "I have an overseas flight today. I'm afraid I won't be able to come back tomorrow."

The man hesitated for a moment before saying, "Then, why don't I leave the things here first and wait for the secretary to come back. Can you show it to him?"

Fang Ya shook her head. "This isn't convenient, is it?"

The man hurriedly took out a box of business cards from his chest pocket and took out one. He said, "Look, I forgot to introduce myself."

"My surname is Wei. I'm the person-in-charge of the unit under our municipal administration." The man handed the business card to Fang Ya.

Fang Ya took the business card with both hands and looked at it. "Zhongwei real estate, general manager Wei Xing."

Fang Ya put the business card away and said, "I'll take the business card. Take that back with you."

"I'll pass it on to the secretary. He'll contact you again." Fang Ya nodded lightly at the man.

The man frowned slightly. The hand holding the briefcase was still hanging on the spot.

Fang Ya apologized to the man, "I'm sorry, do you need me to leave a message for the secretary?"

"This..." the man pushed his briefcase forward.

Fang Ya smiled apologetically. "That would really be inconvenient."

The man stood where he was. After a moment, he sighed. "Alright! I'll come again next time!"

The man said and turned to leave.

Fang Ya looked at the name on the business card and fell into deep thought.

Chapter 112: Bribery Case

Fang Ya sat alone in her office for a whole day.

Aside from receiving visitors, she spent most of her time sorting out Nie Jun's documents.

Nie Jun was truly a workaholic.

Because the district government had been carrying out a land reform project recently, a large amount of documents and materials had been retrieved from the archives.

Fang Ya had received six groups of people who were only here to deliver those related files today.

Fang Ya looked at the pile of files in front of her and took a deep breath. She stood up and walked to the front of the pile of files and began to record the information of each file.

Fang Ya did not dare to casually flip through the files. She could only record them one by one according to the notes on them.

By the time the recording work was completed, it was already close to the end of the day.

Fang Ya stood up and straightened her back. She had finally completed her work for the day.

After packing up her things, Fang Ya decided to head home.

Before she could reach the door, a person rushed towards her.

Fang Ya was shocked and almost fell to the ground.

When the person saw that Fang Ya was about to fall, he quickly grabbed her. "I'm sorry! I was in a hurry!"

Fang Ya shook her head and smiled, indicating that it was okay.

The other party looked over Fang Ya's shoulder and peered into the office. "Is Secretary Nie back yet?"

Fang Ya shook her head and said, "No! He hasn't come back yet!"

The other party seemed to be a little anxious and stood at the same spot, not knowing what to do.

Fang Ya saw that the other party was anxious and asked, "Is there anything I can help you with?"

The other party looked at Fang Ya and thought for a moment before saying, "I heard that someone from the municipal bureau is going to thoroughly investigate and approve the latest project.

"Last week, someone sent Secretary Nie a note saying that he needed help wrapping things up in a project." The person looked at Fang Ya and hesitated for a moment.

"I heard that that person was just arrested, so..." That person hesitated for a moment before saying, "I just wanted to inform Secretary Nie about it."

When Fang Ya heard this, her brows furrowed lightly.

She suddenly remembered the business card.

Fang Ya walked to the table, picked up the business card, and asked the person, "Are you talking about this person?"

When the person saw the name on the business card, he was shocked. "It's him! Why do you have this business card?"

Fang Ya suddenly felt a chill down her spine.

When the man came, Fang Ya felt that he had looked somewhat familiar.

When she saw his name, she had a strong sense of Deja Vu, but she could not trace her memories to the source, no matter how hard she tried.

Now that she heard more from this person, it all clicked into place.

That Wei Xing had been a prime suspect in the real estate development bribery case!

The reason why he had been in such a hurry to look for Secretary Nie today was probably related to this matter.

Fortunately, Secretary Nie had not been around. Otherwise, something shady could truly have occurred!

"Hey! What are you thinking about? Why do you have this name card?" The person in front of Fang Ya waved his hand in front of her face.

Fang Ya immediately came back to her senses. "I'm sorry! I was lost in thought.

"Today, this person came to look for the secretary and said that he had something to show the secretary." Fang Ya told the person in front of her about the situation at that time.

The person in front of her could not help but sigh. "It's a good thing that you didn't accept anything. Otherwise, our entire office would have been in trouble!"

Fang Ya nodded to herself, feeling a lingering fear in her heart.

That person let out a sigh of relief and curled the corners of his lips at Fang Ya. "Hello, I'm Wen Liang from the Comprehensive Department."

Fang Ya nodded at the other party. "Secretary Nie's assistant, Fang Ya."

Wen Liang smiled at Fang Ya. "They all said that Secretary Nie's new assistant looks gentle and easygoing, yet here you are!"

Fang Ya was a little embarrassed by the other party's words and subconsciously took a step back.

Wen Liang suddenly reacted and slapped his own mouth. "I'm sorry! I'm just a person who doesn't hold back. Don't mind me!"

Fang Ya shook her head, indicating that she did not mind it.

Wen Liang looked at his watch. "It's time to get off work. Do you have a car? I'll send you back!"

Fang Ya hesitated for a moment, then shook her head and turned him down. "No need. The public transportation here is very convenient!"

Seeing this, Wen Liang relented.

The two of them said goodbye.

Fang Ya took her things and walked to the bus stop.

At the bus stop, Fang Ya was waiting for the bus when she saw Wen Liang pulling up in front of her with a small black car.

"Fang Ya, do you want a ride? It'll take a while for the next bus to come," Wen Liang suggested to Fang Ya.

Fang Ya waved her hand and said politely, "No need! Sorry to trouble you!"

Wen Liang grunted, stepped on the accelerator, and left.

Fang Ya looked at the exhaust fumes from the car that had left, and her eyes stung a little.

Chapter 113: Secret Uncovered

Translator: EndlessFantasy Translation Editor: EndlessFantasy Translation

Fang Ya returned home. fatigued and sporting symptoms of an impending light headache

Without eating dinner, Fang Ya went to bed.

This sleep lasted until the second half of the night.

When Fang Ya woke up, she found that it was already dark outside.

She looked at Tang Tang, who was sleeping beside her, and her heart softened.

After putting on her clothes and walking out of bed, Fang Ya found some snacks on the table, which had obviously?been left for her by Shao Xiang.

The smile on Fang Ya's face deepened.

She sat down at the table and picked up a piece of the snack to put in her mouth. Her mind started to wander.

Wei Xing today should be the man she remembered who was sentenced to 30 years in prison for bribery.

At that time, because of the Wei Xing case, many officials?were dragged down with him. Many companies were implicated in it.

Fang Ya really could not remember if Nie Jun was involved...

She flipped through her memories, but there was no mention of Nie Jun.

Fang Ya looked at the notebook and fell into a daze again.

Tang Tang woke up in a daze. Seeing that Fang Ya was not by her side, she struggled to get up and called out, "Mommy.".

Fang Ya heard Tang Tang's call and quickly ran over.

Tang Tang climbed onto Fang Ya's body and hugged her tightly. She took a deep breath and said, "Mommy, it smells so good."

Fang Ya smiled and gently patted Tang Tang's back. She coaxed her, "Sleep, be good."

Tang Tang mumbled a few words in a daze and fell into a deep sleep.

Seeing this, Fang ya did not get up again. Instead, she hugged Tang Tang and lay down.

The next morning, Fang Ya heard the sound of the door. She looked up and saw Shao Xiang gently pushing the door open and walking in.

Seeing that Fang Ya was awake, she smiled and said, "Breakfast is ready. You have a long journey to work. Eat something first."

Fang Ya looked at Shao Xiang gratefully and quickly got up from the bed.

Shao Xiang was about to turn around and leave when she saw the notebook that Fang Ya had spread out on the table.

She subconsciously glanced at it, but her eyes caught the words nevertheless.

Shao Xiang looked at the contents of the notebook and immediately turned her head to look at Fang Ya in shock.

Fang Ya knew that Shao Xiang had already seen the contents, but she did not know how to explain it.

Shao Xiang seemed to be trying hard to get over her shock.

After a long while, Shao Xiang looked at fang Ya and said, "Is this the voice in your consciousness that you told He Feng about?"

Fang Ya was stunned for a moment. She did not expect Shao Xiang to connect the two items and come to such a conclusion.

Fang Ya thought for a moment and then nodded. "I reminded He Feng a few times before, and they were all very accurate, so I thought of writing those things down, just in case."

Shao Xiang suddenly held Fang Ya's hand in fear.

The two of them sat at the table, and Shao Xiang looked at Fang Ya with a serious face. "Revealing the secrets of Heaven will shorten your life!"

"You must never use such a supernatural ability again!" Shao Xiang warned Fang Ya cautiously.

Fang Ya did not expect Shao Xiang to think that she had the ability to predict the future.

She smiled helplessly. "Okay! I understand! I won't let others know!"

After hearing Fang Ya's promise, Shao Xiang finally breathed a sigh of relief.

After instructing Fang Ya to keep the notebook, Shao Xiang hurried to the kitchen to look at the food on her stove.

Fang Ya ate her breakfast and then went out to take the bus to work.

Because it involved about 10 bus stops away from the district government office building, she still needed to change buses twice during this period.

Fang Ya had already started to considered learning to drive.

In her previous life, she had never learned to drive. She never needed it before, but it was different now.

Before her divorce with Tang Fu, a chauffeur had picked her up and sent her to work.

But after the divorce, Fang Ya could not afford a car at all.

She took the bus all the way to the district government building. Fang Ya carried her small bag and walked inside.

The guard suddenly stopped Fang Ya and said, "You're Secretary Nie's assistant, right?"

Fang Ya nodded and said, "Yes sir!"

The guard turned around and took out a gift bag from the side.

Fang Ya looked at the gift bag and subconsciously refused him, "I can't accept that!"

The guard waved his hand and placed the gift bag in front of Fang Ya before saying, "I grow these melons at home. I just hope to share the taste with the secretary and yourself."

Fang Ya poked her head in and indeed saw a bag of little melons.

Fang Ya smiled a little awkwardly. "This... wouldn't be very proper!"

The guard smiled and said, "The secretary has helped my family a lot! These little things aren't worth much!"

Fang Ya was still hesitating when the guard took her hand and stuffed the gift bag into her hand.

Chapter 114: Nie Jun Was Wounded

Fang Ya carried the gift bag and walked into the office building.

Before she reached her office, she bumped into Sister Zhai.

Fang Ya was stunned for a moment, but she still nodded at her.

Sister Zhai snorted, turned her head, and left without paying any attention to Fang Ya.

Fang Ya stood where she was and smiled bitterly.

When she opened the door and walked into the office, Fang Ya realized that the files that were piled on the floor the day before seemed to have been flipped over.

Although the files had been tampered with, they were still neatly arranged. It was just that the way they were arranged was not quite the same as when she had left them.

Fang Ya carefully counted the number of files, and it was exactly the same.

After putting away the notebook, Fang Ya planned to tidy up the office first.

Just as she was tidying up, Chen Hong walked in. "Fang Ya, you'll have to accompany the secretary out today. Tidy up first, then go downstairs. I'll wait for you in the car."

Fang Ya listened to Chen Hong's words in a daze. After a moment, she replied, "Oh! Okay!"

Fang Ya did not know what she needed to prepare to accompany him, nor did she know what she needed to do to accompany him today.

After bringing her pen and notebook, Fang Ya rushed downstairs.

Just as she reached downstairs, Fang Ya saw a black official car parked at the entrance.

Chen Hong rolled down the window and said to Fang Ya, "Get in the car! I'll send you there!"

Fang Ya opened the door of the passenger seat and sat inside. She turned around to look, but did not find Nie Jun.

"Where's Secretary Nie?" Fang Ya asked, somewhat puzzled.

Chen Hong sighed and said, "You'll know in a while."

Fang Ya frowned slightly, not knowing what had happened.

The car drove all the way out of the district government compound, heading towards the city center.

Fang Ya stared at the road ahead. For some reason, she was inexplicably nervous.

As the car gradually headed toward the city center hospital, Fang Ya's nervousness only grew.

She turned to look at Chen Hong. "What happened to Secretary Nie?"

Chen Hong finally spoke the truth. "Secretary Nie was stabbed yesterday."

"Stabbed?" Fang Ya was even more surprised. "But there was no news..."

Chen Hong nodded and said, "The secretary wouldn't allow it to be leaked. He said that there might be a follow-up on this matter."

Fang Ya's brows furrowed tightly, and her hands unconsciously twisted together.

Chen Hong could feel Fang Ya's nervousness, so he comforted her. "Don't be afraid! It won't hurt you!"

Fang Ya shook her head and said, "It's not because of this! It's because..."

Fang Ya hesitated for a moment, not knowing how to describe the uneasiness in her heart.

Although many corrupt officials had been arrested in this bribery case, it was said that they had also lost a few cadres.

Fang Ya was very afraid that Nie Jun would be one of these few cadres!

Because she did not pay particular attention to the matter of the fallen names, Fang Ya was not even sure how many were lost!

The car drove all the way to the parking lot of the downtown hospital.

Fang Ya got out of the car and waited for Chen Hong to go upstairs with her.

At that moment, a sharp voice sounded behind Fang Ya. "Why isn't that old fart dead yet!"

Fang Ya frowned slightly but did not address it. She had more important business to attend to than some empty complainant.

"I heard that Nie was only stabbed three times! It's really unpleasant!" Another somewhat hoarse voice said.

Hearing that, Fang Ya immediately stopped in her tracks.

Chen Hong locked the car and walked over, only to find Fang Ya standing still.

"Let's Go!" Chen Hong said to Fang Ya.

Fang Ya quickly made a "hush" gesture, asking Chen Hong not to speak.

The sharp voice from before spoke again, "Why don't we go and give him a few more stabs?"

"I think we can do it! Let's do it tonight! Help that old fellow into his grave!" The hoarse voice echoed.

Fang Ya and Chen Hong looked at each other, and the two of them walked towards the direction where the voice came from.

However, when the two of them walked over, only a few cigarette butts were left on the ground.

Fang Ya glanced at Chen Hong and said, "No one knows about the secretary's injury?"

Chen Hong nodded heavily. "Not publicly, no. No one has announced it to the public."

"Then these people should be in cahoots with the person who hurt him!" Fang Ya said confidently.

Chen Hong felt the same and asked, "What do you think we should do?"

Fang Ya thought for a moment and said, "Get more men here! We must not let them hurt the secretary."

"but..." Chen Hong seemed to be a little hesitant.

Fang Ya turned around and walked towards the hospital building. "Let's go and see the secretary first!"

Chen Hong looked at Fang Ya's back. For some reason, he felt that Fang Ya was trustworthy!

Chapter 115: Investigating

The two of them came to Nie Jun's ward and saw Nie Jun lying on the hospital bed. He was wrapped in gauze and had an oxygen tube inserted into his nose.

Fang Ya walked forward and looked at Nie Jun who had his eyes closed. She turned her head and asked Chen Hong, "Is it that serious? Why aren't you reporting it?"

Chen Hong looked helpless. "The secretary won't let me!"

Fang Ya turned to look at Nie Jun. She did not expect to face such a situation as soon as she entered the office.

"Where are the secretary's family members?" Fang Ya asked hurriedly.

"The secretary doesn't have any family members..." Chen Hong said and sighed.

Upon hearing Chen Hong's words, Fang Ya's heart was filled with mixed feelings.

She picked up her phone and dialed He Feng's number.

He Feng had once said that Nie Jun was his old leader and a very important person to him.

Now that Nie Jun had been wounded to this extent and there was a possibility of a second attack, she had to tell He Feng about this.

A voice came from the phone. Fang Ya took the phone and walked out of the ward.

"Hello? Fang Ya? What's the matter?" He Feng's voice came from the phone.

Fang Ya stood in the stairwell and looked around before saying, "The secretary has been attacked."

"What?" He Feng's shocked voice came.

Fang Ya waited for a while before saying, "If you have time today, can you come over? I have something else to tell you!"

"Which hospital? I'll be there right away!" He Feng said without hesitation.

"The city center hospital," Fang Ya said simply, "It's best if you come alone."

He Feng seemed to pause for a moment before saying, "Okay! I understand!"

Half an hour later, He Feng rushed to the hospital.

He Feng rushed into the ward and immediately saw Nie Jun lying on the hospital bed.

He rushed to the front of the bed and looked at Nie Jun's tightly shut eyes. He turned to look at Fang Ya. "How did this happen?"

Fang Ya did not say anything. Chen Hong, who was at the side, quickly replied, "Yesterday, the secretary came out for a meeting."

"When the meeting ended, he received a call," Chen Hong said and sighed. "He told me to go fetch the car."

"When I returned, the secretary was gone!" Chen Hong hesitated for a moment before saying, "Later, I found the injured secretary in the green belt opposite the meeting."

He Feng listened to Chen Hong's words and thought for a moment before saying, "Did you see any suspicious individuals around?"

Chen Hong shook his head. "Because the meeting was late that day, it was already past 9 p.m. when the meeting ended.

"The secretary stayed behind to chat with the leaders of the construction department." Chen Hong frowned and carefully recalled.

"When we left, even the security staff had already returned to the security room." Chen Hong said and sighed.

He Feng listened and pondered for a moment. Then he turned to Fang Ya and said, "You said there was something else. What was it?"

Fang Ya glanced at He Feng and walked to the door of the ward. After confirming that there was no one outside, she said, "When we just arrived, we heard that someone was discussing about attacking the secretary again."

"When?" He Feng's expression instantly turned cold and hard.

"I only heard that they planned to do it tonight. I'm not sure when exactly." Fang Ya looked at He Feng. "Do you need to move the secretary to a safe place first?"

He Feng thought for a moment and said, "No need. I'll stay here tonight."

Fang Ya immediately looked at He Feng worriedly. "Alone?"

He Feng nodded. "Yes!"

Fang Ya's expression changed. "How about..."

He Feng raised his hand and said, "No problem! You don't have to worry!"

"Also, don't tell anyone about the secretary's situation," He Feng emphasized again.

Fang Ya and Chen Hong looked at each other and nodded.

"Chen Hong has already told me that the secretary said not to tell anyone about his injury for the time being," Fang Ya said in a low voice.

He Feng looked at Chen Hong and nodded. "You must have worked hard yesterday. Go back and rest first!"

Chen Hong shook his head and said, "I'm not going back! I'll stay and take care of the secretary!"

"It's because I didn't take good care of him that he became like this!" Chen Hong's face was full of self-blame.

He Feng stood up and walked to Chen Hong's side. He patted his shoulder and said, "Don't blame yourself too much. We'll definitely be able to catch the criminal!"

Chen Hong turned to look at He Feng. He hesitated for a moment before saying, "Alright! Then I'll go back first. If there's anything, call me!"

Fang Ya sent Chen Hong out of the hospital.

After returning to the ward, Fang Ya saw He Feng standing by the window. He was looking out of the window, thinking about something.

"What are you thinking about?" Fang Ya asked softly.

Chapter 116: It Was A Hit

He Feng turned to look at Fang Ya. "You've sent Chen Hong off?"

Fang Ya nodded, then tilted her head to look at He Feng. "You think he's the murderer?"

He Feng's eyes lit up, and his eyes lit up with admiration.

He Feng held Fang Ya's hand and sat down on a seat at the side. "Even if he's not the murderer, he should be an accomplice."

"Why?" Fang Ya was even more confused.

"It's impossible for the secretary to be stabbed without struggling or screaming," He Feng analyzed carefully.

"At that time, there was no one around, so it should have been very quiet," He Feng continued.

"No matter how far the security room is, you should be able to hear the sounds of fighting and shouting," He Feng said as he looked at Nie Jun. .

"The most likely scenario is that director Nie was stabbed several times when he was caught off-guard," He Feng said as he gently grabbed Nie Jun's hand.

"When a stranger approaches, he would never be caught off-guard!" He Feng tightened his hands slightly. "The most likely scenario is that someone close to him attacked him!"

Fang Ya looked at He Feng's expression and felt her heart ache. "Then the green belt he mentioned...

"And the two people this morning..." Fang Ya could not make heads or tails of it.

"I'll send someone to investigate the green belt again," He Feng said cautiously.

"As for those two people, I'm afraid they were planted there by him as diversions!" He Feng looked at Fang Ya. "The purpose is to let you hear it."

"Why is that?" Fang Ya's mind was in a mess.

"Why would he attack the secretary?" The more Fang ya said, the more her brows knitted together. "And why did he let me know that there would be another attack at night?

"If that's the case, won't he be in more danger if his accomplice is caught?" Fang Ya looked at He Feng with a puzzled face.

He Feng shook his head and said, "I'm afraid the attack won't be tonight."

Fang Ya walked forward and placed a hand on He Feng's shoulder. "What do you want to do?"

He Feng stood up and looked at Fang Ya seriously. "I need your help!"

Fang Ya nodded. "I'll definitely do what I can!"

He Feng took out his phone and said to Fang Ya, "I'll contact Li Tong and ask him to arrange for a few people to patrol the surroundings for the next two days."

"If I stay here all the time, they will definitely not make a move," He Feng said with certainty.

"While the Secretary is recuperating here, you go back to work and pretend that nothing has happened," He Feng thought for a moment and continued.

"Let's follow Chen Hong's idea and see what he wants to do!" He Feng gritted his teeth and said.

Fang Ya replied with an affirmative non-syllabic and then asked, "What if they ask where the secretary went?"

"Tell them that he has an urgent matter to attend to and won't be back for a while," He Feng said simply.

"If someone continues to press, tell them that it's a secret mission," He Feng added.

Fang Ya nodded and said, "Then I'll go back in a while."

"You... be careful!" Fang Ya looked at He Feng and reminded him.

He Feng grabbed Fang Ya's hand and held it tightly. "You be careful too!"

"Someone directly attacked the secretary. There must be some power behind this person," He Feng did not forget to remind her.

"You must be careful. If there's any problem, just call me," He Feng said with some worry.

"Don't worry! I'll be fine!" Fang Ya also gently held He Feng's hand, trying to make him feel at ease.

He Feng held Fang Ya's hand and sent her to the door of the ward. "Li Tong is already waiting downstairs.

"It's inconvenient for him to come up. I'll ask him to send you back," He Feng looked at Fang Ya and said seriously.

Fang ya smiled and nodded. "Okay! Then I'll leave First!"

Fang Ya left the ward and walked to the entrance of the hospital building. She saw Li Tong waiting there.

Fang Ya got into the car. Li Tong smiled at Fang ya and said, "Sister-in-law, let's go for a ride first."

Fang Ya looked at Li Tong in confusion. She did not know why Li Tong had said that.

Li Tong had taken a private car today.

This car seemed to be quite expensive. Li Tong's family should be doing quite well.

"There's a little shadow trailing us. Let's shake it off first." Li Tong had a smile on his face. The next second, he turned the steering wheel and drove out of the hospital compound quickly.

The car ran wildly on the road. Sometimes it drove in the direction of the western suburbs, and sometimes it turned around and drove in the direction of the east coast.

Fang Ya looked back from the rearview mirror from time to time. As expected, she saw a white car following them from the moment they left the courtyard.

"This tail has been following you since you were in the hospital. You simply did not have the eye for it. Brother Feng, who was watching upstairs, spotted it immediately." Li Tong shook his head and smiled.

Fang Ya had not noticed that she was being followed in the hospital at all. She looked at Li Tong with a face full of surprise.

Chapter 117: The Other Side Of Lin Bin

"Sister-in-law, are you looking for a place to have a drink?" Li Tong glanced at the car that followed closely behind and asked.

Fang Ya also glanced at the car and said, "Okay! Then let's go to lawyer Lin's place. I'll go and see if his matter has been resolved."

Li Tong drove all the way to Lin Bin's law firm.

"Sister-in-law, I'll accompany you up!" Li Tong looked at the few cars parked nearby and said.

Fang Ya did not know what Li Tong meant. Just as she was about to refuse, she saw that Li Tong had already parked the car neatly.

Seeing that Li Tong had parked the car, the car that followed seemed to be a little hesitant.

After a few minutes, the car also stopped nearby.

"Let's go!" Li Tong pushed open the car door and was about to get out.

"Actually, there's no need..." Fang Ya said, "It's too troublesome for you!"

Li Tong smiled at Fang Ya and said, "Sister-in-law, don't stand on ceremony! Let's go!"

Fang Ya had no choice but to get out of the car.

The two of them walked to the entrance of the office building and turned to look. The car had indeed left.

After entering the office building, the two of them went up to the floor of Lin Bin's law firm.

When the elevator door opened, Fang Ya was shocked.

There were a few men standing at the entrance of the elevator. They looked very ferocious.

When they saw the people who were coming out of the elevator door, they first rushed up in unison. When they saw that it was Li Tong, they immediately retreated.

One of the bald men pulled the thick golden chain around his neck and smiled at Li Tong. "Yo, Vice-captain Li, what brings you here today?"

Li Tong glanced at the man and then at the dozen men in fancy clothes on the first floor. "Why? Aren't you leaving yet?"

"Are you planning to come back one day and cause trouble for a few days?" Li Tong looked at the bald man and asked in an unfriendly tone.

"Ay! How would I dare to do that! We are waiting for someone! Waiting for someone!" The bald man said cheerfully, but his expression was a little scary.

Fang Ya looked at the man. He seemed to be one of the people who had blocked Lin Bin's law firm's entrance that day.

In other words, those people still came here every day?

Fang Ya followed Li Tong and walked into Lin Bin's law firm.

When Xiao Xia saw Li Tong, she immediately came over to greet him. "Vice-captain Li, long time no see!"

Li Tong said with a smile, "It's only been a few days!"

Xiao Xia turned her head and saw Fang Ya. She said in surprise, "Miss Fang, Why are you here too!"

"I wanted to come and have a chat with lawyer Lin today." Fang Ya smiled at Xiao Xia.

"How is it? Those people didn't cause any trouble, right?" As Li Tong spoke, his gaze swept outside.

"They didn't cause any trouble. They just stayed here every day. The main door isn't blocked anymore, so they went to block the elevator door." As Xiao Xia spoke, she sighed.

"How would any clients dare to show up?!" Xiao Xia said helplessly.

Li Tong nodded, but there was nothing she could do for the time being.

If these people did not overtly cause trouble, the police would not be able to do anything to them.

"Is lawyer Lin here now?" Fang Ya asked when she saw that the law firm was empty and almost deserted.

"He was here early in the morning. He made a few calls, but he hasn't left yet." Xiao Xia sighed.

"Ever since these people came to the law firm every day, not only did they scare a few employees into resigning, even the lawyers have left." Xiao Xia turned her head and looked in the direction of Lin Bin's office.

"If this continues, I'm afraid this place will be closed!" Xiao Xia said with a somewhat sad tone.

"Don't worry, it will be resolved!" Fang Ya said to Xiao Xia, then she walked in the direction of Lin Bin's office.

Fang Ya walked to the door of Lin Bin's office and heard a loud conversation going on inside.

Fang Ya looked at the door in surprise. She had never thought that lawyer Lin, who had always been gentle and polite, would have such a side to him.

Xiao Xia smiled bitterly at Fang Ya. "Ever since those people came every day, lawyer Lin's temper has become worse."

Fang Ya nodded to show that she understood.

She gently knocked on the office door, and the sounds in the office came to an abrupt halt.

Fang Ya pushed the door open and walked in. She saw Lin Bin sitting behind the desk, staring at her with bloodshot eyes.

Seeing that it was Fang Ya, Lin bin's expression changed slightly. He immediately stood up. "Miss Fang, how did you get in?"

Fang Ya walked into the office, and Li Tong followed behind.

"Eh, Vice-captain Li, why are you also..." Lin Bin thought for a moment and suddenly realized something, so he did not say anything else.

Fang Ya walked to Lin Bin's desk and asked, "Lawyer Lin, how have you been recently?"

Lin Bin smiled bitterly at Fang Ya and said, "If it wasn't for Captain He asking Vice-captain Li and the others to come over and help, I'm afraid I wouldn't even be able to leave through my own front door!"

"Who exactly are those people?" Fang Ya asked in puzzlement.

Li Tong gently pressed down on Fang Ya's shoulder and said, "Sister-in-law, let brother Feng explain this matter to you when we get back."

Fang Ya looked at Li Tong's and Lin Bin's equally grave expressions and instantly felt unease in her heart.

Chapter 118: Do Not Trust Anyone

After staying in Lin Bin's law firm for almost an hour, Li Tong took Fang Ya downstairs again. The car that followed them was gone.

"Sister-in-law, I'll send you back!" Li Tong said as he turned the car keys in one hand.

Fang Ya nodded and turned to look at the office building. "Is lawyer Lin okay?"

Li Tong thought for a moment and said, "Let's get in the car first!"

The two of them got in the car, but Fang Ya's face was still full of worry.

Li Tong saw through Fang Ya's thoughts and said, "Lawyer Lin's current situation is somewhat of his own doing.

"He was involved in many of their internal affairs before, and now these people want to deal with him..." Li Tong said as he looked at Fang Ya.

Fang Ya frowned slightly. "Lawyer Lin was involved?"

Li Tong smiled. "Sister-in-law, you're just too naive!"

"Lawyers are in a circle of their own, so it's hard for them not to know some internal information!" Li Tong explained patiently.

Li Tong started the car and explained the general situation to Fang Ya while driving.

Fang Ya was still in a state of shock when she returned to the office.

She had never thought that someone as cultured as Lin Bin would be involved in such a fraud case.

He had even done so much for those people!

If He Feng and the others had not started digging into the criminal records, would Lin Bin have been able to survive in this circle for the rest of his life?

Fang Ya had once thought that she was already very familiar with Lin Bin. She even thought that Lin Bin was a kind and trustworthy person.

It looked like Li Tong was right. She was too naive!

Fang Ya sat in front of the office desk. Her hands were placed on the desk. They were tightly twisted together, and her knuckles were already getting white.

Right now, her mind was filled with the image of Nie Jun, who was covered in blood, while on the other side was Lin Bin, who was holding a knife!

This scene was too shocking!

Fang Ya could not help but tremble.

Li Meng walked into the office and saw Fang Ya staring straight ahead.

"Sister Fang Ya, are you okay?"Li Meng asked worriedly.

Fang Ya shook her head and grinned at Li Meng. "What's the matter?"

"Oh, I'm here to deliver materials to the secretary. Is the secretary not here again?" Li Meng's gaze drifted toward the direction of Nie Jun's office.

Fang Ya shook her head and said, "I just received a call. The secretary is on a business trip for the following few days and is not here."

"Ah! Then what should we do! These documents are waiting to be signed!" Li Meng said anxiously.

"There's no other way! We can only wait!" Fang Ya said helplessly.

"But it's very urgent!" Li Meng grabbed the documents in hand and pleaded, "Sister Fang Ya, can you call the secretary and ask..."

"I can't call him! The secretary didn't see the document, so he definitely won't sign it!" Fang Ya refused.

Li Meng stood there dejectedly.

Fang Ya saw that she was really anxious, so she said, "How about this, you leave the document here. When the secretary comes back, I'll get him to sign it immediately!"

When Li Meng heard that, her eyes lit up. "This is the only way now! Sister Fang Ya, I'll leave this to you!"

After Fang Ya received the documents, Li Meng walked out.

Fang Ya looked at Li Meng's back as she left, her eyes filled with guilt.

It was not that she was heartless, but right now, Fang Ya could not tell who she could trust!

If she had not seen what had happened to Lin Bin, perhaps Fang Ya would have immediately offered to help Li Meng.

But now, after gaining a new understanding of how the world worked and Lin Bin serving as the latest example, Fang Ya decided to treat everyone with caution.

Li Tong was right. She was too naive!

So naive that she gave everyone the benefit of the doubt!

However, if someone was hurt because of her innocence, she would definitely hate herself to death!

Fang Ya looked at the documents in her hands and sighed to herself. "I hope everything will be cleared up as soon as possible!"

Fang Ya simply tidied up her office and started working.

Although the secretary was not present, Fang Ya had to deal with a lot of official documents.

Just the filing of the documents was enough to keep her busy for half a day.

After she had sorted all the documents, Fang Ya looked at the time. It had been almost an hour past her clock out.

Picking up her phone, Fang Ya was about to call He Feng, but on second thought, she put her phone away.

Fang Ya exhaled and walked to the bedside, looking at the scenery outside. "I wonder how He Feng is doing!"

Chapter 119: Nie Jun Awakens

Translator: EndlessFantasy Translation Editor: EndlessFantasy Translation

He Feng stayed with Nie Jun in the hospital until late at night.

He Feng looked at the tube in Nie Jun's hand and his heart was filled with mixed feelings.

To He Feng, Nie Jun was both a master and a father.

Looking at Nie Jun lying on the hospital bed, He Feng felt his heart breaking.

He held Nie Jun's hand and looked at the wrinkled face of his hand. He sighed slightly, "Why are you so stubborn!"

"I told you to step down. I'll take care of you! But you didn't listen!" He Feng said softly. There was indignance in his tone.

Nie Jun lay quietly without any reaction.

He Feng sighed. He heard some movement at the door of the ward.

He turned his head to look at the door and saw a figure moving past the door.

He Feng frowned slightly and turned his head, pretending not to see it.

It was quiet outside again.

After Fang Ya went home to accompany Tang Tang and He Peng for dinner, she greeted Shao Xiang and went to the hospital.

When she arrived at the ward, Fang Ya found that He Feng was not inside.

Looking at Nie Jun's slightly heaving chest, Fang Ya sighed slightly.

Fang Ya put aside some toiletries and clothes that she had brought along.

Just then, He Feng walked back.

Fang Ya looked at the two bags of things in He Feng's hands and smiled.

"You're back." Fang Ya walked forward and placed the things in He Feng's hands on the table.

He Feng pulled a chair from the side and asked, "Have you eaten?"

Fang Ya nodded. "Yes! Hurry up and eat!"

"Mom asked me to bring you some soup. Drink it while it's hot," Fang Ya said as she opened a thermos jar that she brought with her.

He Feng looked at Fang Ya gratefully. "Thank you!"

Fang Ya reached out and gently placed her hand on He Feng's. "Don't say that! We're all family!"

He Feng's mouth was full of food, and his mouth was puffed up with a smile.

Fang Ya looked at his expression and could not help but laugh as well.

Fang Ya accompanied He Feng as they ate quietly. The sound of equipment beeping could be heard from the room.

After He Feng finished eating, he simply tidied up the table and asked Fang Ya, "How was it today?"

Fang Ya frowned slightly. "Chen Hong did not go back the whole afternoon."

"Only Li Meng asked me to help the secretary sign a few documents." Fang Ya seemed to have thought of something.

She got up and walked to her bag and took out a stack of documents.

Fang Ya put the documents on the table and said, "These are the documents. Li Meng said that some of them were quite urgent."

He Feng looked at the documents and did not see anything unusual.

As the two of them were talking, suddenly, there was a strange noise from the instrument.

The two of them rushed to Nie Jun's side to check.

"Secretary, you're awake?" Fang Ya looked at Nie Jun in surprise as he opened his eyes slightly to look at them.

He Feng also stared at Nie Jun, not daring to blink.

Nie Jun seemed to be in a confused state. He looked at He Feng and then looked at Fang Ya.

After a long while, he raised his hand slightly, as if he wanted to pull out the oxygen tube on his face.

"Is it too strong? Let me help you adjust it?" Fang Ya quickly walked to the side of the oxygen machine and helped Nie Jun adjust the oxygen delivery.

He Feng looked at Fang Ya's actions and found it a little strange. "How do you know all this?"

Fang Ya was stunned for a moment, smiled slightly, and did not say anything.

That was because she had once been stuck with a tube like this for more than half a year.

With no one to take care of her, even if she was choking on the oxygen that was forcing itself into her face, there was nothing she could do.

Thinking back to that period of time, Fang Ya once again revealed a bitter expression.

He Feng looked at Fang Ya's appearance and felt a slight pain in his heart.

Just as he was about to speak, he felt a movement in his hand.

Lowering his head, He Feng realized that Nie Jun had grabbed his hand.

He Feng quickly turned his head to look at Nie Jun. "Chief Nie, how do you feel?"

Nie Jun's eyes twitched, as if all the strength in his body had been drained.

Fang Ya quickly took a cup of water from the side and used a small spoon to feed Nie Jun some water.

Nie Jun moistened his throat and finally seemed to have recovered.

He looked at Fang Ya with a slight smile on his face.

Nie Jun's gaze swept across the table where the documents were placed.

He Feng took a look and quickly went over to take the documents.

He placed the documents in front of Nie Jun.

Nie Jun motioned for He Feng to look through the documents.

He Feng glanced at Fang Ya and his gaze narrowed slightly.

Fang Ya looked at He Feng in surprise and then at Nie Jun.

Nie Jun ignored the two people, still squinting at the documents in front of him.

Chapter 120: Everything Will Be Fine

Translator: EndlessFantasy Translation Editor: EndlessFantasy Translation

He Feng lowered his head and flipped through the information for Nie Jun. Suddenly, Nie jun let out a grunt, nodding and pointing.

He Feng and Fang Ya looked at the information in front of Nie Jin.

"Land development and construction plan?" He Feng read the name on the document.

"Why would Secretary Nie sign this?" Fang Ya's brows also furrowed.

He Feng looked at Nie Jun.

Nie Jun's lips moved slightly, as if he was trying to speak.

He Feng quickly leaned over and put his ear to Nie Jun's lips.

Fang Ya could not hear what Nie Jun said clearly. She only saw He Feng nodding his head repeatedly.

After Nie Jun finished speaking, he seemed to be tired, so he narrowed his eyes again and continued to rest.

Fang Ya looked at He Feng in confusion, then looked at Nie Jun who was already asleep.

"Should I go find a doctor to take a look?" Fang Ya asked, a little worried.

He Feng pressed the emergency bell on the side and put away the documents in his hand.

The doctor and nurse quickly rushed over to check on Nie Jun's condition and made sure that he was only asleep.

Only then did Fang Ya feel relieved.

The young nurse walked past Fang Ya and smiled timidly. "It's rare to see someone as filial as you two these days!"

Fang Ya listened to the nurse's words and smiled.

He Feng looked at Fang Ya's figure with deep affection in his eyes.

Fang Ya turned around and faced He Feng.

He Feng did not have time to retract his gaze and was coincidentally seen by Fang Ya.

Fang Ya looked over and both of them were stunned before they turned to the other side.

Fang Ya lowered her head and touched the corner of her clothes.

He Feng coughed lightly and tried to cover up the awkwardness.

He Feng took out the document and led Fang Ya to the table.

Fang Ya sat at the table and looked at the document that He Feng had spread out.

"This, what does the secretary plan to do?" Fang Ya asked in confusion.

"Don't worry, there will definitely be a signature on this tomorrow!" He Feng said with certainty.

"Signature? He would sign it? But this is..." Fang Ya cried out in a low voice, as if she did not expect Nie Jun to have planned it out that way.

He Feng shook his head. "No! With his current condition, how could he sign it?"

"But this signature must have been signed by someone!" He Feng continued.

Listening to He Feng's roundabout words, Fang Ya only grew even more confused.

He Feng looked at Fang Ya's confused look and suddenly felt a little cute.

He reached out to brush away the messy hair on Fang Ya's forehead, but the moment he touched her forehead, he realized that something was wrong.

The two of them froze on the spot, and there was no way to ease the awkwardness.

"Hmm..."Nie Jun snorted.

The two of them looked at Nie Jun together, but they found that he showed no signs of waking up.

In the next moment, He Feng seemed to have made up his mind.

He gently lifted the broken hair on Fang Ya's forehead with one hand and tidied it for her. Then he said, "It might have been hard on you recently!"

Fang Ya shook her head and smiled. "It's my job, to begin with."

"I just didn't expect that as soon as I started work..." Fang Ya said and sighed. "Maybe I'm just made of bad luck!"

"Nonsense!" He Feng immediately denied it. "Look at me! My body is fine!"

He Feng said and did not forget to pat his own chest.

Fang Ya looked at He Feng's childish actions and the corners of her mouth curled up slightly. "It's good that you're fine!"

He Feng's face turned red immediately after Fang Ya said that.

Fang Ya pulled He Feng's hand and said, "You must pay attention to your safety in the future!"

"Don't let yourself get hurt! I'll be worried!" Fang Ya stared at He Feng and said.

Fang Ya knew that even if she made such a request, He Feng would not be able to give her a positive reply.

She said this to comfort herself.

He Feng held Fang Ya's hand and said, "Don't worry! Everything will be fine!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 15.4K 27
An unexpected encounter between a nice guy and a nice girl. Will it turn out nice if the two realize they're roommate?
539K 19.5K 165
The young lady from the Xue family was talented and beautiful, and married the dream husband at the age of 16. They had a loving and harmonious relat...
49.3K 1.1K 19
Sam hates having to move away from her friends in Cali especially when school is almost over but she never expected to find this in a small town in K...
307K 8.9K 24
This is a Kuroko no basket/Assassination Classroom crossover. Warning: Karmagisa (yaoi) Nagisa Shiota is abused by his mom. He keeps quite about it u...