The Queen of Spades (promise...

By Kim9105

"Everybody had different pasts, experiences, and personalities, but the anguish we all felt were the same." K... More

Very short author's note
Part 1- newcomer arc: Chapter 1-The blackout
Chapter 2-Knowledge is key
Chapter 3-Meet-up
Chapter 4-Let the games begin
Chapter 5-Ambush
Part 2- beach arc:Chapter 6-Perfect cards, perfect duo
Chapter 7-Executive meeting
Chapter 8-Trust
Chapter 9-The human heart-something I can never understand
Chapter 10-Silent communication
Chapter 11-The militants
Chapter 12-Different perspectives
Chapter 13-A key source of information
Chapter 14-Perfect timing and perfect pawns
Chapter 15-Wild animals
Chapter 16-Treatment and rest
Part 3- ten of hearts arc: Chapter 17-Take control, or be in control
Chapter 18-Operation...fail?
Chapter 19-Mystery solved
Chapter 20-Blow your mind
Chapter 21-Unraveled secrets
Chapter 22-Stage two
Part 4- face card arc:Chapter 23-Surprise entrance
Chapter 24-Physical limit
Chapter 25-Watch your footing
Chapter 26-World domination
Chapter 27-Hunter or hunted
Chapter 28-Whole-heartedly
Chapter 29-Final stage
Chapter 30-Re-united
Chapter 31-outnumbered
Chapter 32-If they hit you, hit them back twice as hard
Chapter 33- Saviour
Extra chapter 34-a game with the King
Extra Chapter 35- teaser
Chapter 36-fight to the death
Chapter 37- Me, myself and I
Part 5-Akihiko arc:Chapter 38-repeating the past
Chapter 39-Betrayal
Chapter 40-high stakes
Chapter 41-kindness, or blindness?
Chapter 42-insanity
Chapter 43-save your tears
(Survivor arc) Chapter 44-familiar faces
Chapter 45-A New Job
Chapter 48-Yes
(Citizen arc) Chapter 50-reborn
Chapter 51-dealers and players
Chapter 52- a new association
Chapter 53-secrets
Chapter 54-home sweet home
Chapter 55-high tensions
Chapter 56-teamwork makes the dreamwork
Extra note
Chapter 51-moving on
Chapter 52-Mansion of Monsters
Chapter 53-Worthy
Chapter 54-Bullseye
Chapter 55-A pound of flesh
Chapter 56-A cup of tea
Chapter 57-A new Beginning
Chapter 58-An encounter
Chapter 59-First move
Chapter 60-deadly secrets
Chapter 61-Uncertainty
The Queen of Hearts

Chapter 49-significant other

198 3 2
By Kim9105

You slowly woke up from your slumber. Rubbing your eyes cozily, you felt a pair of arms wrapped around your waist. You could feel him caressing your body, his warm breath against your neck. You raised your hands up, squirming out of his tight grasp. You pushed the skirt of your nightgown down, fluffing it up. 

Quickly, you took a large sized bunny, slotting it into his arms as a replacement of you. You watched him as he cutely slept, hugging the bunny tightly. You decided to take your hand phone out and snap a picture of him sleeping whilst hugging your soft toy bunny. The queen-sized hotel bed was comfortable, with huge pillows for your comfort.

Heading to the bathroom, you took a shower in there to get yourself clean and ready for the day after brushing your dirty teeth. Once you had finished showering, you wrapped a white towel around your slim body and went out to get some clothes to change into. Unexpectedly, you found Chishiya awake, standing right at the doorway with his sharp gaze piercing into your soul.

"You didn't tell me you were awake." He towered over you. You slowly felt yourself shrinking down at his intimidating presence, replying, "Nice to see that you didn't wake up the moment I came out of your hands."

"One more time you replace yourself with that toy bunny, I'll rip it to shreds." His condescending voice scared you, until he lifted your chin up and gave you a kiss on your lips. "Good morning, darling." He smiled at how you were frightened of him when he was slightly angry at you.

"Nice to see that you got a good night's sleep, babe!" You went to your luggage bag and dug through it, looking for some suitable clothes to wear. "Today, we're going to Paris, the place of love. What would be suitable to wear for this occasion?" You dug through your luggage bag as you could hear water running from the bathroom.

Soon, your eyes landed on a black dress that had sleeves that tightened up on its elbows. You headed into your room, locked the door and changed into it. It flowed down to your ankles elegantly, making you look like a black swan. On your small waist, you put on a navy blue corset, tying it up by yourself. You wore the golden necklace with a ruby flower design made out of actual ruby that Chishiya had given you on your first anniversary.

You styled your hair by curling it up at the bottom, giving your hair a stylish, wavy look. You also wore a cute white hat that curved up at the right side. With a ribbon tied around it, you looked amazing, your jewelry on your hands and your earrings dangling on your earlobes. With the pair of sunglasses that Artie, the owner of Vogue Japan, had given you, you were the definition of beautiful.

Once you came out of your room, you saw Chishiya's stunning look. He wore a collared shirt with  his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He wore a black tie around his neck, putting on a maroon blazer that was slightly long and loose, but you liked it. He wore a pair of cotton pants that complimented his leather boots.

"Ready to go?" He asked you, extending his hand out. You slipped on a pair of black lace-up front boots, nodding your head. You felt elated.

The both of you were wealthy and successful, you being a young, yet talented inventor who earned 200 million yen per year, whilst he was an intelligent medical director at Tokyo Hospital, earning approximately 50 million yen a year. Both of you led amazing lives, yet making sure to help out others who were in need of any form of support.

Of course, you still kept close ties with the girls, Kuina in particular, constantly inviting her on a girls' night out with Ann, Heiya and Usagi. The five of you had loads of fun together, having the best of times with each other. You guys would spend a lot of time having sleepovers at each other's houses, also doing fun activities together such as going to the beach, going to clubs together, and also watching movies or going to concerts. The five of you were truly best friends who had each other's backs.

The five best trips you had was when you went mountain climbing up Mount Fuji led by Usagi, where you took amazing pictures and felt a huge sense of accomplishment. Also, when you went to a party organized by you at your penthouse for all of your friends and colleagues, all of them brought their close ones there. 

The one that displayed the bond and teamwork between the five of you was when Ann, Kuina and Heiya suggested participating in Japan's sports game that occurred every decade. It required a team of five that year, and the five of you were perfect, being athletic and excellent teammates for one another. Over there, there were multiple challenges for each of you, the last one being an intense obstacle course that the five of you had to cooperate and help each other in. In the end, the five of you ended up first, completing the last obstacle race just 0.01 seconds before the opposing team. 

Heiya was eternally grateful to you, having made a prosthetic leg for her to use free-of-charge when she was the most in need. You also financially supported her when she was still in high school, paying for her college fees too once in a while. She made sure to pay you back though, once she became a professional archer who won lots of awards for her performance. 

As for Ann, you supported her when she was doing her research, also getting her a job in your company at Kayami Manufactures. You loved how she did an amazing job at investigation and deduction, also being able to apply her knowledge to find out about certain devices. There was no certain way to be sure of how smart she actually was.

Using your connections, you made Usagi well-known for her mountain-climbing skills by putting her in a newspaper article, also publicizing her achievements in mountain climbing. Kuina, had made her own martial arts studio where she taught people her own martial arts techniques, also taking part in a few local competitions. You promoted her studio, inviting more people to join her studio.

(Just love how Kayami is that one rich friend who is LOADED.)

All four of them had been immensely helped by you, but your good deeds did not go unrewarded at all. All of them always made plans to surprise you with gifts, showering you with compliments and giving you credit for their success all the time. 

I mean, best friends are always there for each other, right?

Every time you had to go to the hospital because you had injured yourself while trying out your new invention, Chishiya would always demand to move you up on the priority list to the first patient, always insisting on being the one who treats you with extra care. All the time when you wanted to pay the medical bill, he would always let you off free of charge, not wanting to cause you any trouble.

You often visited Chishiya's hospital once you finished work early, or if you had free time. Over there, you would usually pay a visit to the children's section, helping them to pay their medical bills and also playing with them to give them entertainment. The thing you liked most about those young children was that they did not have a clue about who you were, so they did not treat you differently from any other human being. They were always so cute and kind, not wanting to leave the hospital solely because of you. However, you kept in contact with their parents, who were thankful to you for helping them so much. Sending letters to every one of them on special occasions like their birthday, you would also visit their house sometimes to bring joy to their lives.

After they grew up to be young teenagers, they soon came to know who exactly you were, and always looked up to you, wanting to be the angel you always were. 

You could not find a proper reason as to why you liked children so much. Maybe it was because every time you saw a young child, you would be reminded of Akira when he was just a tiny baby cradled in your arms. Maybe it was because you missed him so much, so you wanted to share your love for him with other people. Maybe it was because he did not get to live a proper life, so you wanted to see other children be happy in his place and make them delighted.

"Let's go for a short walk to my friend's dance studio to have some fun, shall we?" You suggested. 

"Anything you want, my love." He nodded his head.

When the both of you got out for a short walk to your French friend's studio, you noticed that people were gossiping about the both of you.

"Isn't that...Kayami Yuki?" One of them exclaimed in French.

"It's the inventor! And...that doctor! He's the one who created the cure for multiple diseases, even Covid-19!" Another one gasped when they saw the two of you with their own two eyes.

"They look stunning!"

"She looks so gorgeous!"

"He's so hot I want to—"

"To be dating Kayami Yuki is a blessing from god..."

Chishiya held your hand tightly, sending glares to all the people who were whispering about the both of you. He held your hand so tightly that it could stop the circulation in it. Despite him begging you to take a taxi there to avoid the crowd, you insisted on walking, wanting to appreciate nature.

He shooed the people who wanted your signature, pushing through them. They all spread out and made way for the both of you like Moses splitting the Red Sea into half. "It's okay, just ignore them." He scoffed, pulling your waist closer to him. 

"Shuntaro! I'm okay you don't have to hold me so tightly!" You whisper-screamed. He replied, "I just can't handle all these nincompoops saying dirty things about you. I need them to know that you're mine, and only mine." 

(Cringe but forgive me everybody.)

You remained silent for the rest of the walk, feeling flustered by his words, as always. He rarely said those kind of things about you, being such a cold person around others, but when he said things to indirectly tell you that he loves you, you always felt heat rising to your cheeks.

When you had arrived at your French friend's dance studio, you noticed Chishiya digging into his pocket, looking at something. You peeped to check what it was, but he immediately hid it from you, saying that he was just checking the time on his hand phone. 

Despite having curiosity get the better of you, you decided to ignore it and listen to him. "Hey, Yuki! It's you!" Your friend you had connections with greeted you. 

"Hello there, Fleur!" You waved your hand, the both of you giving each other two kisses on either cheek. Chishiya looked at the both of you with a jealous face, but he allowed it since it was a girl kissing you. 

"How's your manufacturing company? You're all over newspapers! When I was reading the global newspapers, you kept popping up there! You're very popular these days!" She said in english. Following that, she took out a few copies of Vogue magazines, newspaper article cut-outs and a few pictures of gigantic jumbo-trons featuring your company. On the Vogue covers were your face within the pages was you modeling for some make up products.not only that, you also did a few collaborations with other companies for hair, skincare and other aesthetic products.

On the newspaper cut-outs, you read, "Young inventor Kayami Yuki makes huge impact on technology.

A young inventor in her mid-twenties, Kayami Yuki (left) (of course, they put a dazzling photograph of you posing with your newest invention), born in Tokyo, has invented several inventions that has changed this world entirely. 

Multiple reports suggest that she is the world's most greatest inventor alive. Having multiple documentaries made about her, she is currently earning 200 million yen per year (1 600 000 USD) and is also earning an extra 10 million from working with other companies and collaborations, including her latest, most iconic appearance in a Vogue fashion show." On a picture at the top showed you posing with a newly made classical gown mixed with modern designs, stirring up everybody who was watching you.

"Yuki! Just look at this Vogue magazine here!" She exclaimed, pointing at the headlines. "Kayami Yuki: a possible Miss universe Japan? Not only are you intelligent, but you're also really smart! Over here, it also states that you have participated in multiple fashion runways, and that the entertainment industry is making you a candidate for the next MISS UNIVERSE JAPAN? If you actually became miss universe Japan I'd be supporting you more than Floraine Bascou! (The very iconic, and gorgeous representative for France at the upcoming Miss Universe)"

You waved your hands frantically. "No, no. I'd probably have to decline that offer. I need to remain dedicated to my inventions," you chuckled. She adjusted her thin, round earrings and flipped her hair that was partially dyed hot pink before greeting Chishiya. "Hello, Yuki's boyfriend. Have you been treating her well? Most of all, have you taken IT from her?" 

"Good morning, Fleur. Yes, I've been treating her better than any other man could ever have. If by 'it' you mean her virginity, then not yet," he casually replied with a straight face. You facepalmed at how straightforward the both of them could be, clearly not liking each other at all. Obviously protective of her good friend, Fleur made sure that he was not greedy and treated you how you deserved to be treated.

"Anyways, let's head in for a dance and some tea, shall we?" You broke the tension between them, walking inside. Normally, your friends would open up to Chishiya happily as he was a very, and I mean very, cool friend that gave you the 'IDGAF' vibes all of the time. People would always pretend that they don't give an eff, but in reality, Chishiya never had an eff to give at all. But, Fleur was different. 

Soon, you reached a massive dance floor that was filled to the brim with fancy, rich people who were dancing while partying, but in an elegant way. Many of them were wearing classical, vintage clothes that made them look amazing. However, the moment the two of you stepped into the room, all eyes turned to you.

Just like Tengen Uzui said, "I look flamboyant. You guys are just pieces of shit!" You sashayed inside with a flamboyant look, loving the attention that men and women gave you.

Many men were attracted by your looks, soon recognizing that you were the very famous Kayami Yuki. Lots of them offered to dance with you, but you had to reject them, telling them that you already had a partner. A very furious partner who was towering over them behind you. 

He bowed, offering your hand to dance. "Let's dance, shall we, Yu-chan?" He offered.

You took his hand happily. He placed his hands on your waist and one intertwined with yours, whilst you rested your other hand on his shoulder. The two of you began to waltz, the classical way of dancing. Your movements were graceful as a swan, whilst he had good balance and had smooth actions. People had cleared out the way for you, giving you space to dance as they recorded you two.

Chishiya grabbed your waist and lifted you up into the air, spinning in the process. You squealed, holding onto his shoulders tightly. Once you landed, you held his hand and raised it into the air, performing a stylish turn. You continued moving around in a circular direction in his arms, enjoying every second you spent there. Fleur crossed her arms and leaned on the corner of a wall, watching the both of you have fun from upstairs. "So you really are treating her well, huh?" She sipped on the fine alcohol that was brought to her by a servant.

Just then, he twisted your torso to the side, performing a dip. His right arm held your right knee up, whilst his other hand held your back up. The crowd gasped at the sudden move he made, leaning down and smooching you while placing a rose from his suit into your hair. You felt caught up in the moment, noticing his upper body strength to be able to hold you in that position that well. 

————————————-

Once you had a big ice cream sundae to spoil your lunch, and a big chat with Fleur, you had given her a huge tip to support her dance studio. "Hey, I could pay for your flight ticket here! You can always visit me and have a dance!" She winked her eye. Then, she went outside and lent Chishiya her car and the keys for the both of you to go somewhere. 

"Where are we going?" You were filled with curiosity, wanting to know where exactly that place was. 

"It's a secret," Chishiya told you.

"Huh? You're in on this act too? Why do you keep having secret operations without me?" You whined like a sad puppy who got scolded by its owner. He replied, "What's a surprise without a secret? Trust me, you'll like it."

When the both of you got into the car, Fleur put a blindfold onto you. "Hey! What's that for?"

"It's a surprise! Promise me you won't peek!" He got into the driver's seat. Chishiya placed his right hand on the steering wheel, his other holding your hand for reassurance as you were temporarily blind. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see. Don't be so impatient," he replied. 

————————————-

After nearly half an hour of driving, he told you that the both of you had reached your destination. "Is it the...Eiffel Tower?" You asked him, squeezing his hand.

"Oh please, you deserve better than just a casual date." He got out of the car. He walked to the other side, before opening the door on your side. He took your hand, leading you out. Suddenly, he bent your torso backwards, before carrying you bridal style. "O-Oi! Put me down! People are watching! I can walk fine on my two feet!" You protested, squirming in his arms.

"Don't worry. This is a private place just for the two of us." He carried you somewhere, before you felt him stepping on some grass. Finally, he put you down, allowing you to remove your blindfold. You untied the straps quickly, wanting to see where you were.

Once you saw the beautiful multi-colored flowers everywhere, you immediately knew where you were. "Oh my gosh. You brought me to Le Plateau De Valensole in Provence? This is better than the Eiffel Tower! Oh, and where are the tourists swarming around this area?" You gasped. You looked around, finding nobody around but the two of you. You bent down to a dandelion, before plucking it out and blowing it in the air.

"Don't tell me you—"

"Yes. I did. But not permanently," he chuckled, sitting down to enjoy the view. He enjoyed watching the flowers fly around, but most of all he liked watching you play in the flower field. You performed multiple flips and somersaults, getting showered by petals that were flying in the air. Even though your hat fell off, you picked it up, running back to Chishiya like a child running to their parent's arms.

"Thanks so much for bringing me here!" You thanked him. "It's not problem. I should be thanking you for bringing joy to the people in the hospital and promoting it, giving me some frequent patients. I should be thanking you for being my one and only love," he gave you a kiss on your cheek. 

You giggled, feeling as if you just fell in love with him all over again. Soon, you saw multiple flares of light shine into the air. Fireworks! They had different designs, colors of all types. You absolutely loved them. Also, there were some flares that circled around the both of you, before shooting up into the air and exploding into a heart.

You also saw one of them bursting with confetti. "Hey, aren't those my inventions? I made those firework types!" You exclaimed at the moving fireworks and the one with the confetti. He nodded his head, watching the two sceneries that made him feel dizzy. He twirled your hair, until he stood up, brushing off all the petals and confetti that fell onto his body.

He timed it in his mind, thinking, "Three...two...and..."

He bent down on one knee, another burst of colors appearing around him. As if it was a paid actor, the wind blew softly on his smooth hair. He pulled out a box, slowly revealing the rose gold ring decorated with rubies and diamonds. You cupped your hands over your mouth. Those were your favourite diamonds and your most loved color.

"My dear sweetheart Kayami Yuki, you have lit up my life like the stars in the night sky. My life has always been dark, gloomy and I've almost given up on it. I didn't want to die, but I didn't want to live that way. However, you have changed my aspect on life. Nobody matters to me more than you. You've always supported me even though I was at the verge of losing my job. I have always loved you from the beginning we met each other. You are a gorgeous lady who is also talented, and too good for me. Out of eight billion people, you chose me. I never want to be separated from you ever. I would like to be with you, even in the afterlife. To me, you are more precious than all the rubies and diamonds that I have bought. I will make you the happiest woman on earth, and I will treat you better than anybody in the world. So, Yu-chan, will you marry me?" 

Whilst he said that last sentence, fireworks blew up into the air, spelling out the words, "Kayami Yuki, will you marry me?" 

"Shuntaro...you are the most handsome man I have met in my whole lifetime. You have helped me overcome so many challenges. All my achievements have been made because of you. I love you from the bottom of my heart. Even though we're still young, and I've only known you for 6 years...I'm going to say yes!" You jumped up and down in excitement.

He gently took your hand, inserting a ring onto your ring finger. He kissed your hand, before you cradled yourself around him, giving him a sweet, French kiss. You felt him swaying you around in circles, before lifting you up. He then sat down, with you sat down on his lap. He then proceeded to take a rose, intertwining it with your hair. 

(Listen I was planning some super expensive arranged lunch with privately-hired musicians, singers and performers and a lot of cliche bullshit, but this just felt right to me.)

"Since your 27th birthday is also coming soon...let's have our wedding right on the day of your birthday! That way, we'll be connected. My birthday will be the day you proposed to me, and your birthday will be our wedding day!" You exclaimed, letting petals run through your fingers.

"Why not? Anything for you, my princess. I won't suffer from sleepless nights with you in my arms every night."

"Anything for you too, my Prince Charming!" 

The both of you kissed each other on the lips, enjoying the rest of your time there. You used to feel lonely due to the death of your younger brother, but since then, you felt the hole in your heart filled with Chishiya's love. 

(WOOOO! Congrats for making it this far! The borderlands citizen ending will be written shortly. Thanks so much for reading this far, my friends! I love you mwah!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 364 13
โ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฅ๏ฟฝ...
54.2K 1.8K 24
โ๐๐‘๐Ž๐Œ๐ˆ๐’๐„ ๐Œ๐„ ๐˜๐Ž๐”'๐‹๐‹ ๐’๐“๐€๐˜ ๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‡ ๐Œ๐„โž ใ…ค โ•ฐโ”ˆโ”€โžค in which y/n and chishiya find themselves fighting for survival in an alternate unive...
42.3K 1.1K 30
"I usually have one of these every other week. Mental breakdowns, I mean. But imminent death is rarely the topic. More like, I failed an exam or my o...
390K 15.2K 62
The eighteen year old Kimora Sasaki has no clue how to move on with her life. She struggles with the harsh and demanding expectations of her parents...