AGAINST ALL ODDS [The Golden...

By Zion204

[every chapter contains 2-5k word counts or more, depends to the author. which means Longer Chapters! so enjo... More

Introduction
Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 3

447 24 8
By Zion204

The boy was running frantically, Fighting back the tears building up in his Eyes. He was soaking wet coming back in the shop, looking around for Mei. He dragged everyone with him outside and called Sandy for a Ride immediately saying it's fucking urgent.

"MEI! -MEI!! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

He ran, Scaring pigsy and Tang who's having a fine Chat. The boy Ran back and forth "GUYS! GET OUT HURRY!" He noticed the two, Dragging them out He then ran back inside searching.

"MEI!"

"Kid what's with all of the Shouting?! You're Scaring Everyone here!"

"PIGSY ITS IMPORTANT! JUST COOPERATE WITH ME FOR NOW!"

He Shouted, Making the chef Blink at the sudden volume of voice. "Oh lord..." He looks stressed and scared as if he's hyperventilating. "Mei! Hurry!" Founding her inside Donghai's room Playing video games, She Gasped once Mk grabbed her arms and dragged her out "Hey! What's up with you?! That was the last round!" She Shouted, not listening to her Mk Closed the doors and once they're outside He called Sandy while walking back and forth.

"Sandy! We need you! And Bring the Van Hurry!"

"Mk!"

"Just-No Sandy! I'll tell once we're there!"

"Mk! Come on are you even listening to me?!"

Slapping him, The boy Flinched and Looked at her. Once Mei saw his Wide eyes and Sweating Face, His shaking palms and Heavy breathing. Her eyes softened "Hey hey calm down....what happened? Why-why are you Shouting around?" She asked, rubbing his shoulders and Patting them.

Mk Gulped and Whimpered. Until it became a chocking sob that he's trying to hold back "Mei! We need to go in The flower fruit mountain!" He Exclaimed. Sensing his Lack of Explaining everything and his Distress, she Nods.

"So you're saying....that you unsealed a cursed scroll and Saw Demon bull king, Princess ironfan, Nezha and A bunch of Demons you didn't know who?" Tang has Dealt alot of cursed things. But a scroll? Classic okay but if it makes Mk so Distress and even made him cry. Then this Is no joke of a scroll. "Actually no" He Sighs.

"It's Like their ink Versions that attacked us! And they're-" Stopping, the Memories of that event Made him Hold back a sob.

His mentor Released all of what's left of his strength and Created a barrier.

But Donghai and Master....

"Oh gods....Oh God Oh god" He whispered, Shaking ang Patting him Mei then Sighs "Mk! Calm down! Pull yourself together my guy!" She said. As of now, The Kings Abode is suprisingly Clean. No touched boxes or anything except of that old Table and broken Chairs. There's a paper and a brush too that's placed neatly. "Okay so This Curse scroll. Can puke Ink and Make Figures of Different Demons of who knows who" Mei Said, Rubbing her Chin she then nods "and then What?" So all it does is Make replicas of them that's all?

"No Mei..." Standing up, The boy Groaned. "If ever you got touched by the Ink it will Suck you in the scroll and trap you! Or maybe even worst!" Slapping him again, Mei Then Hugged the boy to calm him down "Look Mk! I said calm down first!" If he's panicking this bad. Then she gotta pull that shit together first so that Mk can talk everything out.

"Is that why you ran so fast back in the city?"

"Yes!"

"So You asked us for help and then asked Tang some help cuz maybe he has Knowledge about this and use his magic power?" Sandy Buts in while Tang on the other hand Blinked. Right the question is how Tang got this mystic power.

Master Tripitaka already hinted it. To be exactly.

The power of The Golden Cicada has Recognized him. And since he became part of the Power He was able to Use it and Make a sheild that's enough to protect everyone. His sheild is not that superior unlike Donghai and Trip but It's Enough and that's important.

"Sure I guess? But Im not sure if my abilities would be able to Help. I mean Mk you just said that it's a cursed Scroll."

"Are there any Informations aside from it's just curse?"

Tang asked, Pigsy nods as he agrees to this. "I-I don't know...." He Mumbled, Making the Scholar sigh. He Only then Rubbed his chin "Hey come on! We'll find a way! If finding a way to defeat Ladybone demon was like a marathon then this time It's a short marathon!-like ya know Short?" Mei Grinned, Patting him. Just by seeing that large Bright smile from his Bestfriend Mk Nods and Leads them back in the room where the Old Artifacts where Stacked.

It was a huge room like holy shit. And with its big ass space, Sun wukong sure is using the space to Hoard alot of Objects like prized Trophies.

"Woah Monkey king Sure Is a Hoarder! Look at all these Stuffs!"

It's like a mountain stacked together! "No Ink demon! Okay guys let's search around! Although don't touch anything! Got that?" Mk instructed, Giving him Thumbs up the Crew immediately Started searching around and jumping through the Great Sage's Junks. Well they do look like a junk if not placed neatly.

All of these Stuff Wukong has came from the Celestial Realm. Either he stole it or He Fought random Demons and stripped them off their Prized objects and took it as his.

"Hey guys! I found the scroll!"

Sandy Shouted, Running back Mk wheezed as he saw what is Sandy holding. "Sandy! Yes!- I mean- SANDY DONT OPEN THAT!" Shouting, The Scroll loosens. Rolling down the soft giants palms, a strong power thundered the room. immediately Turning the warm color of the sun to colors of black and Grey.

"Ah Shit!"

Mk Screamed, the Ink inside the scroll Dripping down as it created a large puddle. "Oh- well it's on you Tang!" Mei grabbed him, Putting him infront of them The Man took a deep breath.

"You give back our Great sage you disgusting Inks!" He Shouted, Opening his palms a glowing Golden orb Formed, Grinning behind him Mei and Mk Cheered. The orb forming a light circling around the Scroll. "It's working! Go Tang!" Mk Hoped. But suddenly, The Scholars power shuts down. Gasping in shock once his orb dissappeared Tang Panicked.

"WHAT?!- What happened?!"

His small tiny orb! It felt like the moment he used his power. It would immediately shut down as if something is stopping him; Blowing Them with a threatening Atmosphere The Ink grew And Formed a Familiar Figure of a gentle Monk.

"Master?!"

"I-I guess my Powers didn't work!"

Screeching in horror Mk Grabbed him away from the Ink demon. Circling around them with A heavy Suffocating Wind the Ink demon has played another card and Formed the figures of the four pilgrims. Circling and Taunting them as they raised their Weapons.

"Master Got Caught again!"

"The Pilgrimage is not over yet!"

"This Fool is too Weak! And he says he has the heart of a brave Warrior!?!"

"You are no part of This Crew! But only a side Character!"

Shouting as it echoes the Dark Cave, Mk Shivered. The Ink demon Forming and Using the Dragon of the west, opening his jaws Mk tackled Mei down once the dragon Blasted away a black fire, followed by the other pilgrims who slammed down their Weapons.

"Shit! That Ink is no Joke!"

"Mei! Dammit The others!"

"What?!"

Turning around, their eyes widen once Sandy got dragged down the puddle of Ink Followed by pigsy. Tang on the other hand Crawled to his Outmost Strength and Grab a hold of Mk and Mei's hand. "Mister Tang! Hold on don't let go!" The girl Shouted, her voice cracking up once the Ink slowly spread through his Face.

"Mk!"

"Please Tang don't let go! Not you too!"

"I-I can't!-I can't Breathe!"

He wheezed. Hitting Mk a sudden feeling of fear, The Events of what happened to his Mentor and Donghai struggling to breathe Fighting to Lift herself up.

"Donghai Hold on!"

"I-I can't!- I can't Breathe!"

"NO!"

Dragging Tang down, Mk Punched the ground. Eyes Glaring to the Ink Demon The beast didn't dare to waste and Formed another Figure. Standing with glowing Blue Orbs A Loud scream Pierced the Whole Mountain down, clutching Mei's Wrist. The Dragon girl Gasped once she saw who's that Figure standing.

"Donghai?!"

"Mei Let's go!"

Dragging her along with him, The kids ran with their Tired legs. Filled with Loud Shouts and Screams, Mei Shivered once she felt the Ink demon chasing them down.

"YOU LEFT ME!"

"I-I can't Breathe!"

"You Abandoned Me!"

"I didn't Abandoned you Hai! I Care for you! Just hold on there I'll bring you all back!" The boy Wheezed, Confused and Scared as to what Is happening. The Ink demon catched up with them and Blocked the path out the Kings Abode. Coloring the Walls with Darkest Black, the Ink Formed Donghai's Figure again. With its Ink Body It spoke.

"We Were Sisters!"

"Donghai-"

"You let me Drown?! Struggling and Choking to Death?!"

What?

Summoning out his Staff, The Ink demon Screamed making the ground shake. Like a mindless monster, it Caused Distress with the two. "Die!" The demon Shouted. Repeating it over and over again. "Step aside!" A voice Shouted, Blocking the Attack from the Demon the stranger Carried the two away and puts them aside as he stood infront of them.

"W-who-"

A tall Figure, standing tall as if he already faced this creature. "Who are you?" Mei asked, her hands shaking with all of the chasing and the Demon Striking fear to them again. "I will tell you. But for now" Pointing his blade towards the Cursed Beast. The monster again formed the Figure of two unknown Individuals.

"Brother!"

"You left us Like this!"

"You promised to us that you'll free us!"

"YOU BETRAYED YOUR SWORN BROTHERS!!"

They Shouted, Almost like Scratching and Tearing appart all of the possible sense. They may be human or Demon but to hear Loud Shouts and Screams coming from this Cursed monster. It sure is Disturbing and painful to hear.

"Forgive me Brothers."

He spoke, Raising his Blade Colors of Gold and Blue Fought the Darkest Ink. Creating energy of Solid Light He Slashed through the air creating thudering Strikes. Shocking and electrecuting the wind as it passes through in Speed.

Mei Gasped in Amazement. Hugging Mk from behind The Strike Ripped appart the Inks. Destroying them The Man then Gritted his teeth and Raised his palms. Protecting them from the splattering The scroll floated with a Glowing seal.

Putting back all of the Ink inside the object. The wind surges through as the stranger closed his palms and sealed the scroll tightly.

The warm light of the sun returned. Silence as the two kids stood behind the Stanger infront of them that just saved their asses.

"GIVE THAT BACK!"

"OWOWOW!!"

Kicking the Guy behind his back, Mk and Mei Glared at him and Grabbed the scroll. Stumbling back and turning around the man Groaned and cracked his back making a cracking noise.

"My Spinal Chord!"

"You Give us the scroll—"

"Mk! It's in our  hands already!"

"Oh!—well Who the fuck are you?!"

Mk Shouted, Pointing his fingers threateningly to him. The Man then Grumbled as he Glared at the two kids that just Kicked him from behind. "Not only that you Opened the scroll, but you also dare to theaten me?! I just Saved you kids from that Curse!" He Shouted, but The two didn't even Flinch at his Scoldings.

"What do you think of me? Someone that knows how to Bring them all back that's it?!"

"Uuuuuuuuhhhh"

Wait. This guy. Popped out behind them, Saved their asses, easily Beat that Ink Demons ass and even sealed the scroll with a simple Close of his palms.

Who the fuck wouldn't think he doesn't know how to bring their friends back?.

"Well You Sealed the scroll easily! And saved us!" Mei Shouted and Mk Nods agreeing to her "possibly you know how this shitty thing works!" They said. Making the man stand there with wide eye.

He then Grinned. Chuckling till it turned into a loud Boisterous Laugh. "He's laughing! BITCH what the fuck your laughing at hah?!" Mei Snarled but the Man stopped her from Strangling him.

"Calm down! Let's introduce ourselves first shall we?"

"You must be Mei, the Dragon of the wests Descendant! As for you young man you are The Great Sages Prodigy! Did I say it all right?"

He points out, almost calm and Bright. Mk loosened up his arms but as for Mei, The Girl didn't dare to let her guard down that Easily "Just Tell us your name Bozzo! Or else I'll feed you my Dragon sword for a good Chewing!!" She Shouted but the Demon Waved off her Threatening words.

"I have many names to be exactly"

"But the most you guys are familiar with is—"

"The Azure Lion!!"

He Proudly Said, posing out of his Exictement. Mk and Mei silently stared at him like he's a crazy guy that Shouted his name. "Who now?" Mei Scratched and Mk Rubbed his Chin "Azure? Like Blue? Your blue!" He said and to be honest that sounded dumb.

The Lion Sweatdropped "fine it doesn't matter if you guys haven't heard of it. But! I'm here to help you kiddos out" He said; Giving Mk a Strong surge of Hope he Grinned brightly.

"The thing that took your three friends is a section of the memory scroll, like this ya know" He grabbed a peace of paper. Not questioning as to where he got that the man drew the scroll and pointed the section it has. "All are made of bamboo but as said it's cursed. They have sections each contains Memories from the past" He explained. And the two Nods Rubbing their Chin.

"If you Kiddos didn't steal it, then it must be Sun Wukong that took it"

"Uuuuh exactly where did this Thing came from?"

"From the Underworld obviously"

'Obviously?' Sweatdropping, The Lion just Shrugged at them "Wait you know Monkey king?" Mei snapped causing the Guy to smirk and chuckle "everyone knows Him. He's all around to be honest" he Said; Monkey king is famous so uh.....That's also a problem?

"Aside from being Popular to Everyone. He and I are once Sworn Brothers"

"Really?!'

"Well do you know who else is Monkey kings Sworn Brother? Like DEMON BULL KING!"

"Of course I do! That Man and I are Sworn brothers too!" He smiled, Mk deflated once the guy said that and didn't even felt Shock. "The King is not a easy person to get along with." Mumbling He then Looked at the two kids who's holding the Cursed scroll.

"He's not good at getting close with other Demons or people. And back then. We made some....mistakes. we were young. And some of those are Irreversible.

Young and Loud, They were Side by side but As everyone said. They have their own Ambitions and Plans. Some of them might even severe a bond. "Dude when you put it like that, Doesn't that make you like Mk's Uncle?!" Mei bursted, Grabbing the poor Man, He Blinked In confusion as to why he would be the young Kids uncle.

"Uncle?"

"Wooooow Mk! How come you never told me that you have a Cool Uncle?!"

She laughed, Patting The delivery Boy Mk squinted his eyes "since when Did Monkey king become my dad?" He replied Giving Mei a disapproval, She but only Grinned and Wiggled her Eyebrows.

"Well putting that aside."

"Since Sun Wukong "Borrowed" the scroll. The only explanation is that the older he gets the more sentimental and attached he is"

"After all the scroll keeps Memories from the past. Also which might include the records of his Journey through the West." He further explained. Gasping and Shaking in Excitement Mk Laughed and Looked at the Scroll right in his Hand. "You're Saying I'm holding the legit. Authentic Journey to the west text in my Hands?!" He Gasped, eyes Sparkling in joy.

"Correct, it's all Recorded there. Including the anecdotes about him."

"Everything that happens to this world, Each achievements, every words spoken is all written and remembered by the memory Scroll"

"It might sound pleasing. But . It's a prison for the guilty souls and Sinners, where they are forced to repeat their Guilty past lives"

"Too keep the Prisoners from Escaping. It is guarded and sealed."

A prison. Made to torture souls of the sins that their past lives commited, this will continue over and over again and it will also erase the memories they have in the last Life. "If any outsider dares to rescue a prisoner inside the scroll, they will be Sealed inside without any slightest hesitations. If you are not careful. Then the worst will Kill everyone and prison them all" He silenced them, Looking at the two kids. Mk Shivered while Mei crossed her arms.

"I thought I still have time to Seal the Scroll....but....seeing your expressions I'm guessing that Wukong and your friends got dragged inside"

"Then if we could just open this—"

"Kid. It's too late I can't Open the scroll for you and unleash the Curse it has"

"But we're okay taking the risks!"

He can't possibly leave them all inside this Thing! His Mentor and Friends will suffer inside with no escape route and maybe....They would loose their memories.

"Were Going for it! Please let us save them! Sun wukong your Sworn Brother got trapped too—"

"Of course he's still my—"

He stopped, avoiding and contemplating everything. He Sighs and Turned around, sitting down the ground he crossed his legs and Nods "It looks like you have a strong bond with all of them. Well then let's take the risk" Smirking, Mei and Mk Gasped and Grinned.

"Really?!"

"Of course. Sun wukong is my Sworn Brother."

"Yes! Listen Mei! We'll just follow their Footsteps, Defeat the Ugly Curse and Come back together with style!"

"And get all red again just by seeing Donghai Smile?~"

"O-OI! NOT NOW!" Turning Red, The Man Sweatdropped seeing such Ethusiasmn from the two Kids.

"I can open the scroll and let you two in. But as for Finding your Allies... you can only rely to each other" Gently Grabbing their hand, he then holds it together as if indicating to stick no matter what happens.

"If you want to leave the Scroll. Defeat the Curse that is Guarding any outsiders....but....its gonna take a lot of power and strength to fight it."

"Are you two ready?"

Gesturing the boy to give him the scroll. Holding his Hand Mei smiled and Nods, he Sighs. giving up the Object the man Chuckled.

"Take care of each other. No matter what happens"

He nods, Letting the object roll down his grip. The two Held each other's hand. Thundering the mountain instantly and turning the atmosphere to Grey, a Tall Ink dragon roared and Drowned them down the Darkest depths.

Stumbling and holding each other, The Ink Circled around. Covering the whole world with Darkness, Mk Gasped. Slowly Unveiling. A large and colorful scale of a world. An old Ancient China, With old Homes and Imperial Soldiers.

"W-Were In!"

"No way!—w-were in Mei!"

In this memory. They will Follow the trails of the four pilgrims, and maybe even Demons who fought the Legendary heroes from the past.

The old Memories of the Journey to the West.

[--○--]

I can't Breathe...

That Fall. No it's drowning. He felt the force Dragging his ankles and cover his Face down. It was Painful and ugly, he could still taste that weird Ink and maybe any minute now he gotta puke that shit ass taste.

But for now....his world....is all colored in Grey. No signs of life. Animals and even the sound of The Eagles passing by.

Where could he be? What part of the memory scroll?

"It hurts—"

"Kid!"

Brown disheveled hair, Bruised Face and stained Clothes. His chest Brightens up in hope seeing Donghai right infront of him Wheezing and clutching herself "Im—Im here! Don't worry Kid you're not alone!" He Laughed, tears forming in his eyes. Immediately Donghai Clinged to the king and Wukong Hugged back.

"Monkey king!"

"Were In this kid—w-were— were in this!"

He sobbed. That Sudden Spike of fear and thought that he got Seperated from Her. Imagine She's alone all by herself and him stuck in this lonely Section of the memory scroll.

God he couldn't Bare the thought of his Kid All by herself Getting tormented. "I thought I lost you" He whispered, Her Sobs Vibrating, breaking and Making his heart pang in pain.

"I-I don't like this anymore—we got Seperated from them!"

"Ssshhh. There's always a way Kid. We'll get through this." Rocking Donghai and Patting her back. He could feel her cold palms as it shakes. And his small injuries too it's starting to get Painful.

"Looks like in this Grey Journey...."

"I'll be going to be your bodyguard Again."

—The Golden Cicada Season 4

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 64.6K 131
[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] life·line ˈlīfˌlīn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in a really messed up situation where you n...
1.1M 49.1K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
121K 5.6K 25
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
329K 19K 72
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...