AFTER GETTING ABANDONED, I CH...

Von DonnaMariano149

AFTER GETTING ABANDONED, I CHOOSE TO BECOME THE GENERAL'S WIFE Author: Bao Genre: Romance, Psychological Stat... Mehr

DESCRIPTION
1-10
11-20
21-30
31-40
51-60
61-70
71-80
81-90
91-100
101-110
111-120
121-130
131-140
141-150
151-160
161-170
171-180
181-190
191-200
201-210
211-220
221-230
231-240
241-250
251-260
261-270
271-280
281-290
291-300
301-320
321-330
331-340
341-350
351-360
361-370
371-380
381-390
391-398 END

41-50

2.4K 37 3
Von DonnaMariano149

Chapter 41: Trust

Fang Ya packed up her things and went home. She bumped into He Feng at the door.

"Why are you standing here? Aren't you going in?" Fang Ya looked at He Feng with some confusion.

"I have something to tell you." He Feng looked like he wanted to say something but stopped himself.

Fang Ya saw his expression and knew that this was important.

She nodded and said, "Walk with me!"

The two of them walked along the riverbank not far away. For a moment, they were silent.

Fang Ya was not in a hurry. She knew that He Feng was not a hesitant person. He must have found it difficult to talk about this matter.

After a long time, He Feng seemed to have finally gotten rid of his hesitation. "I have a mission that might require me to go abroad for two years..."

Fang Ya stood still and looked at He Feng silently.

"Can you..." He Feng frowned and gritted his teeth before saying, "Can you marry me? Before I leave?"

Fang Ya did not answer immediately.

He Feng quickly added, "I'm not just looking for a stable place for He Peng. I think you're really suitable for me."

Fang Ya saw He Feng's anxious look and could not help but laugh. "Yes! I'm willing!"

He Feng wanted to say something else, but Fang Ya reached out and held his hand. "I know what you're thinking. I would be more than happy to take care of He Peng.

"It has not been long, but we get along very well. Even if I don't marry you, I'll take good care of him," Fang Ya continued.

"So, I'll marry you only because I'm willing." After saying that, Fang Ya's gaze was fixed on He Feng's face.

He Feng's slightly tanned face suddenly turned red.

He was a person who was used to wandering outside. Even if he was already married and had children, he did not have much time to develop a relationship with his ex-wife.

This was the first time He Feng had expressed his feelings so directly.

Fang Ya looked at He Feng's somewhat embarrassed look and immediately thought that he was a little cute.

"Don't worry, I will take good care of you!" He Feng gave his promise somewhat stiffly.

"I believe in you!" Fang Ya's smile became even sweeter and gentler, causing He Feng to be stunned for a moment.

After confirming each other's feelings, He Feng felt a lot more at ease.

He realized that he had been able to successfully solve his recent cases after chatting with Fang Ya.

Each time, Fang Ya would inspire him with a brand new angle to think about, allowing the progress of the case to suddenly take off.

He Feng did not want to think about the reason behind this. He only firmly believed that Fang Ya had a somewhat magical touch when it came to solving cases!

"Fang Ya, I might not be able to keep in touch with you when I go abroad this time." He Feng held Fang Ya's hand and gripped it affirmatively.

Fang Ya nodded. "I understand."

Fang Ya already knew precisely why He Feng had to go.

It was precisely because of this very incident that led to her hellish experiences in her previous life.

"He Feng, if you believe me..." Fang Ya hesitated. She did not know if she would make He Feng think that she was a lunatic by saying this.

He Feng looked at Fang Ya seriously. "Tell me! I believe you!"

He Feng's trust gave Fang Ya some comfort.

She turned to face He Feng. "I can't tell you how I know this, but please believe me, the person you're looking for is not in America."

When He Feng heard Fang Ya's words, he was first taken aback, but excitement quickly replaced that sensation.

His hunch was right, Fang Ya really knew!

He looked at Fang Ya seriously, his eyes wide open to capture the slightest change in her expression. "Then can you tell me where the person I'm looking for is?"

Fang Ya's expression became a little awkward.

She paused before saying, "I'm not sure now. I only know that he will appear in Port City in three months."

He Feng looked at Fang Ya's expression. After a long while, he let out a sigh of relief. "I believe you! I will send someone else to Port City to keep an eye on him."

"Thank you for telling me what you know!" He Feng thanked her sincerely.

Fang Ya was a little nervous. "Do you really believe me?"

He Feng grabbed Fang Ya's hand tightly. "I believe you, just like you believe me!"

Hearing He Feng's words, Fang Ya's tense heart finally relaxed.

Although the two of them had their own thoughts, they still had trust in each other and enjoyed the rare opportunities where they could spend time together.

The next day, He Feng and Fang Ya rushed to the Civil Affairs Bureau to get their marriage certificate.

The two of them went home and had a simple meal with their family. The marriage was considered official.

Although everything was simple, it was still a little too simple.

He Feng secretly swore in his heart that after this case was over, he would definitely give Fang Ya a perfect wedding!

Chapter 42: Did You Get Married?

The day after He Feng and Fang Ya got married, he went to the United States with his team.

Although Fang Ya had given He Feng a direction to investigate, they still had to make this trip to the United States.

This case was not their only concern. A few police officers who had been assisting in the case in the United States have encountered accidents, one after another.

After He Feng left, Fang Ya continued to bask in the same pace of life every day.

She liked the quiet life now. It was much better than her previous life, where she was constantly on the run for her life!

In her previous life, she had almost spent her whole life working hard for money.

However, in the end, she ended up on a hospital bed. She had no money to cure her illness and could only wait for death.

In this life, she wanted to live an open life, but she also wanted to live a carefree life.

Ever since the last time she stood up for Fang Ya, Little Wang seemed to have treated her differently.

She suddenly followed Fang Ya around all day long, greeting and treating her very affectionately.

Sister Niu occasionally heard Little Wang's slightly whiny voice, and she could not help but smooth out the goosebumps that sprouted all over her skin.

Fang Ya sat in front of the computer, typing.

Recently, there had been a lot of people submitting children's household applications. It was probably because of the recent census that those illegal households had to surface.

Fang Ya was so busy that she could not raise her head. Little Wang came to her side with a glass of water. "Sister Ya, come, drink some water and rest for a while."

Fang Ya turned her head and smiled at Little Wang. "Thank you! I'll drink it later."

After saying that, Fang Ya turned her head and continued to work.

Little Wang stood at the side and said, "Argh! This work is endless! Don't tire yourself out!"

Fang Ya nodded repeatedly, but she did not seem to hear her.

Little Wang was about to speak when Sister Niu stopped her. "Wang Xu! Let Sister Ya work! If you disturb her like this, she won't be able to get off work today!"

Wang Xu looked at Sister Niu with an aggrieved expression. "I just don't want her to overwork herself!"

"You're being so attentive. You must have other motives!" Sister Niu looked at Wang Xu with an understanding look.

Wang Xu shrunk her neck and stuck out her tongue. "Look, among us, only Sister Ya knows how to use a computer and can type so fast!

"I'm not asking her to teach me. If she takes time off to have a child in the future, I can take over!" Wang Xu said with a laugh.

"Time off to have a child?" When Sister Niu heard that, her voice rose two octaves higher.

She walked to Fang Ya's side. "Little Fang, you have a child?"

Fang Ya looked up at Sister Niu in a daze. Her face was blank.

Although she was looking at Sister Niu, Fang Ya's hand did not stop.

She was too focused on the work at hand and did not catch what Sister Niu meant.

Seeing her stunned expression, Sister Niu and Wang Xu immediately laughed out loud.

"Sister Ya, if you were to be seen like this outside, people would probably think that you are slow to react!" Wang Xu did not hide her smile.

Fang Ya finally came back to her senses and said to Sister Niu, "Sister Niu, what did you say just now?"

Sister Niu smiled and looked at Fang Ya. "I mean, you're pregnant? Why didn't you tell us?"

Fang Ya's expression became even more confused. "Pregnant? Who? Ne? What's there?"

Sister Niu could not help but roll her eyes.

Wang Xu quickly went up and explained, "Sister Ya and Captain He are getting married! It's just a matter of time before they have a child!"

"Eh? You and Captain He are getting married?" Sister Niu's tone rose up again.

Fang Ya nodded and then shook her head. "We're already married!"

"Already married?" This time, it was Wang Xu's turn to be surprised. "When did this happen?"

"Yesterday!" Fang Ya said matter-of-factly.

This time, sister Niu and Wang Xu stared at Fang Ya. "Why didn't you tell us?"

Fang Ya frowned slightly. "This... We just got certificates."

"This is a happy occasion! Why didn't you tell us?"Sister Niu could not help but nag. "So we can celebrate for you too!"

"Yeah! You're getting married to Captain He! This is a big happy occasion!" Wang Xu could not help but complain.

Fang Ya smiled helplessly. "He has something to do overseas, so we wanted to get the certificate first..."

Seeing Fang Ya acting like she had done something wrong, Sister Niu could not help but frown. "You look like we're forcing you to get married."

"We don't plan to have a big wedding. It's just a second marriage, so..." Fang Ya said with a helpless smile.

"So what if it's a second marriage? You're a member of our Neighborhood Committee! Captain He is not losing out by marrying you!" Wang Xu snorted unhappily.

"I didn't expect Captain He to be such a man!" In Wang Xu's heart, He Feng's image plummeted.

Fang Ya looked at Wang Xu's way of defending her injustice, and her heart felt warm.

Fang Ya knew that Sister Niu and Wang Xu were both thinking of her.

However, for her, the form of marriage was not important. The person she was with was the most important!

Chapter 43: Li Tong

Over the next few months, there was no news from He Feng.

Fang Ya went to work every day and took care of her two children.

Fortunately, Shao Xiang was around to help Fang Ya take care of the children.

With the help of lawyer Lin, Wu Wei's matter was concluded with a relatively satisfactory result.

The money that had to be paid back would be paid back, but the part that exceeded the legal standard became the portion that exempted him from liability.

Because he had been lured into the gambling game, although there was no evidence that Tang Fu had participated in it, Wu Wei had also received a certain amount of liability relief as a victim.

Wu Wei seemed to have changed into a different person.

From time to time, he would bring some things home, visit Shao Xiang, and bring some delicious food to the children.

Although Fang Ya and Wu Wei did not share a harmonious relationship, they were not downright hostile.

For Fang Ya, this was fine.

She would occasionally think of He Feng and yearned to know where he was and how he was doing.

But because of the special nature of his work, Fang Ya knew that she could only endure it.

Four months later, when Fang Ya was working, Wang Xu suddenly ran over and asked her to meet someone in the conference room.

Fang Ya was a little surprised, but she followed Wang Xu to the conference room.

Although it was called a conference room, it was actually a "lounge."

There was a big desk and a few office chairs in the conference room. Other than that, there was nothing else.

Fang Ya walked into the conference room and saw a man in a police uniform sitting there.

At that moment, Fang Ya's heart skipped a beat.

The man slowly turned around and looked at Fang Ya.

"You're Fang Ya?"

Fang Ya nodded, and the nervousness in her heart grew.

She was afraid that what she had been most worried about would happen.

She was once certain that He Feng would become the hero she knew in her previous life.

But as she got along with He Feng, she was afraid that everything would change because of her rebirth.

Sometimes, she would think that she had experienced a rebirth. Everything around her was developing in a good direction.

But would her new actions change the new future?

After all, she had been so unfortunate in the past, but in this life, she had been given too much happiness!

She was very afraid that He Feng would have to pay for her surplus!

The man stood up and walked in front of Fang Ya, saluting, "Hello! I'm He Feng's colleague, my name is Li Tong!"

Fang Ya looked at Li Tong's face, and after a moment, she replied in a daze, "Hello! I'm Fang Ya."

Li Tong looked at Fang Ya and nodded slightly, "I'm here because He Feng entrusted me..."

When Fang Ya heard Li Tong's words, the anxiety in her heart did not decrease but instead increased.

"He Feng, he..."Fang Ya knew that her voice sounded a little shaky. "Is he alright?"

Li Tong was stunned for a moment before she realized what had happened and said, "Ah! He's fine! Did I scare you? I'm sorry!"

When she heard Li Tong's words, Fang Ya almost fell to the ground in an instant.

Wang Xu, who had been standing at the side the whole time, saw the situation and quickly went forward to support Fang Ya. She glared at Li Tong angrily.

Li Tong looked at Wang Xu innocently and then said to Fang Ya, "I'm sorry. I should have stated my purpose of coming here first."

Fang Ya shook her head and said with a smile, "It's good that he's okay!"

"He was indeed injured a few days ago. It's not serious!" Li Tong seemed to be afraid of scaring Fang Ya again, so he quickly added a second line.

"The injury is on his shoulder, so he can't come back for the time being," Li Tong added.

"So, before I came back, he repeatedly reminded me that I must come back to tell you that he's safe!" Li Tong had a smile on his face, as if he was trying to comfort Fang Ya.

Fang Ya nodded. "Thank you for your hard work!"

"Of course!" The smile on Li Tong's face deepened. "He Feng always said that you're a gentle person, so it's true!"

Fang Ya listened to Li Tong's words and smiled stiffly.

Wang Xu crossed her arms and stood in front of Fang Ya. "Hey! Stay away! You're blocking the air circulation!"

Li Tong looked at Wang Xu's disdainful expression and appeared to be a little disappointed.

Fang Ya gently patted Wang Xu's arm and smiled at her. "I'm fine!"

Wang Xu finally calmed down. She sat beside Fang Ya and did not leave her side.

She looked at Li Tong warily, as if Li Tong was here to plot against Fang Ya.

Fang Ya looked at the two of them and suddenly found it funny.

She said to Li Tong, "Come over for dinner sometime. He Peng should really want to see you."

Li Tong nodded. "Okay, sister-in-law! I also have something to tell He Peng!"

Fang Ya nodded and then said to Wang Xu, "Little Wang, come over for dinner today! Let Li Tong tell you about Captain He's heroic deeds!"

When Wang Xu heard that, her eyes immediately lit up. "Can I?"

Fang Ya turned to look at Li Tong. "Can you?"

Li Tong looked at Wang Xu cautiously, as if he was thinking seriously.

Wang Xu raised her chin and looked at Li Tong provocatively.

Li Tong scratched his nose and said to Fang Ya, "I will do as you say!"

Chapter 44: Gift

When He Peng returned home from school and saw Li Tong, he immediately became excited.

"Uncle Li!" He Peng rushed into Li Tong's arms. He looked as if he had seen a relative that he had not seen for a long time.

Li Tong smiled and hugged He Peng. "You've grown taller again!"

The uncle and nephew laughed in the courtyard as they entered the house.

Li Tong was tall and strong, but he looked exceptionally young and tender.

Shao Xiang looked at Li Tong's appearance and could not help but laugh.

Li Tong touched his face in embarrassment. "Ma'am, please don't laugh at me!"

Shao Xiang could not help but laugh. "Ahaha! It's my fault! I didn't mean to laugh at you!"

Li Tong scratched his hair. "I also know that this appearance always causes misunderstandings, but there's nothing I can do about it. My parents gave birth to me!"

Seeing Li Tong's troubled look, Shao Xiang comforted her. "Look at your appearance. The little girl would love you!"

As she said this, Fang Ya and Wang Xu walked into the house.

As soon as Wang Xu entered the house, she gave Li Tong a glare.

Li Tong did not know what exactly he had done to offend Wang Xu.

He looked at Shao Xiang with a bitter expression. "Look! That little girl doesn't like it either!"

Shao Xiang looked at Li Tong's expression and laughed even more heartily.

Wang Xu did not hear what Li Tong had said. She only knew that he was definitely saying bad things about her. Her expression became even uglier. "Talking behind my back!"

Li Tong looked at Wang Xu innocently. "By the heavens and the earth, I swear it! I didn't say bad things about you behind your back!"

Shao Xiang also immediately vouched for him. "I can prove it! Little Li is just wondering how to make a little girl like you like him!"

Shao Xiang's words immediately made the two youths blush.

Fang Ya looked at Wang Xu's appearance, then looked at Li Tong and smiled. "Li Tong, come over and help! Get ready to eat!"

Li Tong immediately responded and ran over, obediently helping to set the dishes.

Wang Xu placed the dishes on the table, turned around, and walked out.

Fang Ya looked at Wang Xu's back as she left, and said to Li Tong, "This little girl isn't bad!"

Li Tong also stared blankly at Wang Xu's back as she left. He did not understand Fang Ya's question and only responded with an "Mm".

Fang Ya looked at Li Tong's mannerisms and the smile on her face deepened.

Shao Xiang and Fang Ya exchanged a look. Both women were waiting to watch a good show.

At the dining table, Li Tong, who had been sitting upright the entire time, made everyone feel like a soldier.

He Peng followed suit, looking obedient and sensible.

After the meal, Li Tong and Fang Ya briefly talked about He Feng's current situation.

Because it involved the details of cases with confidential complexities, Li Tong could not say too much. He only said that the case was smoother than they had expected, and they would be able to return to the country soon.

Hearing Li Tong's words, the heavy stone in Fang Ya's heart was finally lifted.

He Feng, who was supposed to return to the country two years later, should be able to complete the task and return to the country in ten months if everything went smoothly.

This was simply a superb speed for the big case they were investigating this time, and it would definitely make the headlines!

Fang Ya knew that this case involved many financial frauds, and it was even related to some underground money houses and officials' corruption and bribery.

However, Fang Ya did not know if their progress this time was as good as it was in her previous life..

From Fang Ya's memories, although He Feng had caught a group of criminals in a swift and decisive manner, in the end, he had to release some people due to some pressure.

Moreover, under the control of some forces behind the scenes, some even bigger fish got away scot-free!

The case that was originally solved in two years only took ten months this time. Was this case really over?

Fang Ya had her own doubts in her heart, but it was not convenient for her to tell Li Tong too much.

Li Tong was only the messenger. There were too many details of the case that he could not reveal to Fang Ya.

Fang Ya did not care too much. She was already at ease the moment she heard that He Feng could return safely!

He Peng held the pen that Li Tong brought back for him and could not put it down.

"Kid! Your father bought this specially for you!" Li Tong patted He Peng's small head and said.

He Peng looked at the word "Peng" carved on the pen and was so happy that he could not control himself.

Fang Ya looked at He Peng's appearance and the smile on her face gradually deepened.

He Feng was not a man who did not care about his children. Perhaps it was just that his ex-wife who did not understand him.

Li Tong took out another beautiful dress and came in front of Tang Tang. "Tang Tang, your father asked me to bring you this beautiful little dress!"

Tang Tang's eyes lit up when she saw the dress.

Shao Xiang took the dress and carried Tang Tang into the inner room.

After a while, Tang Tang walked out of the inner room by herself. The little dress was very suitable for her.

Tang Tang danced with joy. The smile on Fang Ya's face deepened.

It turned out that He Feng was a thoughtful, meticulous man.

He had not spent much time with Tang Tang, but he had remembered to bring Tang Tang a gift, and it had been such a suitable gift!

Li Tong turned around to look at Fang Ya. "Sister-in-law! It's not that I'm irresponsible! Captain He said that he wants to personally hand you your gift!"

Hearing Li Tong's words, Fang Ya's face immediately turned hot.

Chapter 45: Fate

About two to three months later, the news of Fang Ya and He Feng's marriage had spread around the area.

The women who had originally accused Fang Ya of flirting also shut up.

After this period of time together, Fang Ya and Wang Xu became more and more familiar with each other, and the two gradually became friends who could tell each other everything.

Although Wang Xu's educational level was not high, she was very smart.

Fang Ya was very happy to teach her what she knew, and Wang Xu had always been modest in learning.

Li Tong did not return to the United States. Occasionally, he would go to the neighborhood committee to chat with Fang Ya and help He Feng pass on a few words.

At this time, Wang Xu would always stay far away, as if she was avoiding a huge plague.

Li Tong always showed an injured expression, looking both wronged and pitiful.

Fang Ya looked at the two youths and decided to help them.

However, Fang Ya still did not know how to help them.

Life was peaceful and stable. Fang Ya was satisfied with everything in front of her.

She even felt that when He Feng returned, he did not need to do anything. As long as they could spend their lives together peacefully, it would be enough!

However, fate always created some waves when you wished it to be calm.

One morning, Shao Xiang suddenly fainted at the kitchen door.

This scared Fang Ya!

Fang Ya knew that Shao Xiang had a heart problem and had always kept an eye out.

But this time, Shao Xiang had fainted without any warning, sending a shock through Fang Ya's life.

She called an ambulance and entrusted the child to the large woman. Then, Fang Ya followed Shao Xiang into the hospital.

After entering the emergency room for a brief check-up, the doctor immediately informed Fang Ya that the patient needed immediate surgery.

Just like that, Shao Xiang was sent to the operating theater because of acute myocardial infarction, less than ten minutes after entering the hospital.

Fang Ya waited nervously outside the operating theater.

At that moment, the cold hospital corridor made Fang Ya feel as if she had fallen into an ice cellar.

The terrible memories of the hospital from her previous life struck again. Fang Ya's entire body could not stop trembling.

Fang Ya hugged herself tightly and curled up on the bench in the hospital corridor.

The red light in the operating theater in front of her was always on.

She did not know what the doctor had just said.

She only knew that the doctor had asked her to sign a lot of things.

She only remembered that sentence, "If we don't operate in time, we might not be able to save her!"

Fang Ya signed the consent form without hesitation and paid all the fees with the help of the nurse.

She knew too well the pain of being powerless to wait for death.

She did not want anyone around her to feel that kind of helplessness...

Fang Ya waited quietly, her eyes never leaving that red light.

After four hours of waiting, just as Fang Ya felt exhausted and was about to fall asleep, an arm pulled her into a warm embrace.

Fang Ya raised her head, looking at the person in front of her as if she was a little unfamiliar.

He Feng lowered his head to look at Fang Ya, gently brushing away the messy hair on her forehead with some heartache. "Don't be afraid! I'm here!"

Fang Ya's anxious heart seemed to have finally found a place that she could rely on at that moment.

She slowly leaned against He Feng's chest and let out a soft "Hmm.".

She was really tired, cold, and scared...

After another three hours, the doctor pushed open the door of the operating theater and walked out.

Fang Ya quickly got up and walked over.

He Feng followed beside Fang Ya and did not falter behind by even half a step.

"The surgery was very successful. Within 48 hours, we need to observe the patient's thrombolytic and stent compatibility. But family members are needed to accompany her in the hospital," the Doctor said to Fang Ya.

Fang Ya nodded and said, "Thank you, doctor! Really, thank you!"

The doctor shook his head and heaved a sigh of relief. "It's a good thing that you guys sent her here in time! If he had been a few minutes later, I'm afraid that she would not have been able to make it!"

Fang Ya thanked the Doctor again, and she seemed to have finally relaxed.

Following that, the doctor pushed Shao Xiang to the intensive care unit.

Wu Wei had gone out of town to work, so he did not rush to the hospital until Shao Xiang was sent to the ward.

When he saw Fang Ya, Wu Wei fell to his knees with a thud.

Fang Ya quickly went forward to help Wu Wei up.

Wu Wei insisted on kneeling on the ground and refused to get up. "Fang Ya! I was a bastard in the past! I thank you! Thank you for saving me! For saving my mother!"

Fang Ya shook her head and smiled. "Perhaps everything is fate!"

That's right! Perhaps everything is fate!

If Shao Xiang had not forced Fang Ya to marry Tang Fu, perhaps Fang Ya might not have been able to take out the money that saved Shao Xiang's life.

In the past, Fang Ya did not believe in fate, but now...

Fang Ya turned to look at He Feng. Perhaps everything was fated!

Chapter 46: Just The Right Amount Of Warmth

He Feng stayed with Fang Ya in the hospital for two days.

Because Wu Wei had rushed back at the last minute, he still needed to ask for leave from the factory. It took him quite a while to get back and forth.

Fang Ya advised him to go back to work in peace. After everything was settled, he could come back to take care of Shao Xiang.

Although Wu Wei felt guilty, he knew that Fang Ya's decision was the best choice at the moment.

He still had a large amount of debt to repay, and his mother's future also counted on his hard work.

Fang Ya was taking such good care of Shao Xiang. She had been doing a better job than him!

Wu Wei thanked Fang Ya again and returned to the city where he worked.

He Feng had just returned to the country, so he still had a lot of things to deal with.

Fang Ya knew that she could not delay He Feng's work, so she took leave from the neighborhood committee and focused on taking care of Shao Xiang in the hospital.

Wang Xu had studied with Fang Ya for a period of time, so she was already able to take over most of her work.

Fang Ya was relieved and handed the work over to Wang Xu without any reservations.

With He Feng and the large woman helping out at her house, Fang Ya's burden was greatly eased.

Just like that, Fang Ya took care of Shao Xiang in the hospital for a week.

Shao Xiang finally woke up on the third day after the surgery.

Although the Doctor said that the 48 hours was the critical period, it was impossible to determine how long it would take for one to wake up.

After Shao Xiang woke up, Fang Ya finally cracked and burst into tears.

She had been holding herself firmly for the past few days, not allowing herself to break down, not allowing herself to be vulnerable.

She needed to function, there was too much do!

Shao Xiang saw Fang Ya crying and wanted to reach out to help her wipe away her tears, but she could not muster the strength to do so.

Fang Ya held Shao Xiang's hand and gently placed it on her face.

Fang Ya had a faint smile on her face. "It's great that you're awake!"

Shao Xiang opened her mouth, but she did not say anything.

Over the next few days, Shao Xiang recovered very quickly and was transferred to a normal ward.

He Feng would occasionally bring He Peng and Tang Tang to the hospital to visit Shao Xiang.

"Ms. Fang! I missed you so much!" Tang Tang stood by the bedside carefully and looked at the tubes and instruments that had been inserted into Shao Xiang's body.

Shao Xiang smiled at Tang Tang. "Tang Tang, be good. I will recover very soon! I missed Tang Tang very much too!"

Tang Tang pouted and whispered to Shao Xiang, "You don't know this! Daddy's cooking is terrible!"

Shao Xiang could not help but laugh when she heard that. Her gaze swept over to He Feng.

He Feng naturally had heard Tang Tang's words and coughed lightly in embarrassment.

The smile on Shao Xiang's face deepened. "Wait for me to come home and cook delicious food!"

"Mmm! Your cooking is the best! It's even better than mother's cooking!" Tang Tang cried out happily, fully expressing her support.

When Fang Ya heard this, she was also a little embarrassed. "Tang Tang, what's so bad about mother's cooking?"

Tang Tang looked at Fang Ya aggrievedly, and then said to Shao Xiang, "Ms. Fang! Tang Tang wants to eat your cooking!"

The expression on Fang Ya's face suddenly became a little unsightly.

She snorted and said, "What Ms. Fang! You'll have to call her grandmother!"

"Grandmother?" Tang Tang looked at Fang Ya in confusion, and then turned her head to look at Shao Xiang.

When Shao Xiang heard that, the expression on his face became a little excited and a little incredulous.

"That's right! Isn't mommy's mommy your grandma?"Fang Ya said a matter-of-factly.

"Oh!" Tang Tang nodded and did not feel that anything was wrong.

Then, Tang Tang turned her head and smiled at Shao Xiang. "Grandma will make a lot of delicious food for Tang Tang, right?"

"Yes! I will cook a lot of delicious food for Tang Tang and Peng Peng!" Shao Xiang said as she looked at He Peng, who was looking forward to it.

He Peng's face immediately broke into a smile as well, looking as if he had been relieved of a heavy burden.

The happy and harmonious appearance of the family made Fang Ya feel a wave of warmth in her heart.

In her previous life, she had longed for the warmth of such a family.

She had worked hard to fight for a better life for herself and her daughter.

However, in the end, she never got to feel such warmth.

Looking at Tang Tang's glee, Fang Ya even wondered if Tang Tang would still say to her in the future, "I would rather you had never given birth to me!"

Fang Ya felt a surge of sadness in her heart, and tears flowed down unconsciously.

He Feng noticed the change in Fang Ya's mood and quickly walked up to her, gently patting her shoulder.

Shao Xiang also saw Fang Ya's mood and asked with concern, "What's wrong with you?"

Fang Ya smiled and shook her head. "I'm just very happy."

Fang Ya gently grabbed He Feng's hand on her shoulder, feeling the firm warmth.

Everything was just like this, just right!

Chapter 47: Something Happened To Tang Fu

After Shao Xiang's health improved, Fang Ya asked someone to take care of her and then went back to work.

When Wang Xu saw Fang Ya, she looked like she had seen her savior. "Sister Ya! Help!"

Fang Ya looked at Wang Xu's pitiful look as she hugged the computer and could not help but laugh.

Wang Xu rushed to Fang Ya. "This job is too difficult! You should do it!"

Fang Ya smiled gently and looked at Wang Xu. "Don't worry, I'll teach you slowly!"

Wang Xu sighed and then nodded. "Okay!"

During lunchbreak, Fang Ya went home to prepare some things and planned to bring them over to Shao Xiang after work.

Before she reached her door, Fang Ya saw a person walking back and forth in front of her door.

Fang Ya walked over and recognized the person. "Uncle Tang, why are you here?"

"Madam... Ah, no, Miss Fang!" Uncle Tang was a little agitated. "Please save my master!"

Fang Ya frowned. Upon seeing Uncle Tang's anxious look, she hesitated for a moment before saying, "I have nothing to do with Tang Fu anymore."

She could not be soft-hearted!

She had nothing to do with Tang Fu anymore!

Next

Stay

"Miss Fang, I know that master has let you down!" Uncle Tang said, almost close to tears.

Fang Ya felt a pang of heartache. After all, Uncle Tang had treated her quite well all these years.

Fang Ya sighed and reached out to hold Uncle Tang's arm. "If there's anything, please come in and tell me."

Uncle Tang wiped the tears from the corner of his eyes, nodded, and followed Fang Ya into the house.

As Fang Ya went about cleaning up the courtyard, Uncle Tang could not help but sigh again.

Fang Ya prepared some tea and sat down with Uncle Tang at a stone table in the courtyard. "Does Tang Fu know that you came to look for me today?"

Uncle Tang shook his head. "The master doesn't know, he... sigh!"

Uncle Tang could not help but sigh. "Ever since that woman entered the house, the old master has become even more irritable.

"At first, I just felt that the old master's business wasn't going well and that he was simply depressed." Uncle Tang's slumped over, making him look very weary.

"But recently, I discovered that he seemed to have joined some organization." Uncle Tang said, his brows tightly knitted together.

"I don't exactly know what kind of organization it is. Those people come to our house every day." Uncle Tang shook his head and sighed.

"They have made our house a mess," Uncle Tang said, looking at Fang Ya. "Madam... Miss Fang, if this goes on, something will definitely happen to master."

Hearing Uncle Tang's words, Fang Ya suddenly thought of the gambling that Wu Wei had been caught up in, courtesy of Tang Fu.

Fang Ya realized that the wrinkles on Uncle Tang's face seemed to have deepened, and he looked even older than before.

"Uncle Tang, I really can't help you with Tang Fu's matter." Fang Ya shook her head and said helplessly.

It was not that she was heartless, but she did not want to be involved in Tang Fu's matter.

Tang Fu was usually very guarded. Even though Fang Ya and he were husband and wife, he rarely ever told Fang ya about his matters.

But now, these people could openly walk into Tang Fu's home. Clearly, it had something to do with that woman.

Since it was a husband and wife matter, it was a family matter. Fang Ya could not get involved, no matter what.

When Uncle Tang heard Fang Ya's words, he had a troubled expression on his face. "Miss Fang, I know that you must harbor a deep grudge against the master for his previous transgressions."

"However, I can't just watch him walk down the path of no return." Uncle Tang sounded more worried.

When Fang Ya saw Uncle Tang's expression, her heart ached.

She held Uncle Tang's hand. "Uncle Tang, although I can't help, you can go and ask lawyer Lin for help."

"He's Tang Fu's legal consultant. He'll definitely be able to help him solve this problem!" Fang Ya suggested kindly.

When Uncle Tang heard this, he sighed heavily again. "Master quarreled with lawyer Lin because of that woman. I'm afraid lawyer Lin won't be able to help him now!"

Fang Ya was a little surprised by this news.

In the past, Tang Fu trusted Lin Bin quite a lot.

This time, how did that woman cause a rift between Lin Bin and Tang Fu?

Thinking of this, Fang Ya could not help but frown.

She did not think about it carefully in the past, but now it looked like someone was scheming against Tang Fu in the dark.

Fang Ya could not understand it. She decided that a good chat with Lin Bin was in order.

Fang Ya promised Uncle Tang that she would look for lawyer Lin to discuss how to help Tang Fu. Only then did Uncle Tang finally agree to go home.

After sending Uncle Tang out of the courtyard, Fang Ya hesitated for a moment. She went to the neighborhood committee to apply for leave and went to Lin Bin's office in the afternoon.

Chapter 48: Something Happened To The Ex-Husband

"Miss Fang, long time no see." Lin Bin looked at Fang Ya with a faint smile on his face.

Fang Ya did not stand on ceremony. She went straight to the point and asked, "Did something happen to Tang Fu?"

When Lin Bin heard Fang Ya's question, he was not surprised. He just asked, "Miss Fang, are you still concerned about Mr. Tang?"

Fang Ya shook her head. "I am concerned about someone who would be hurt should he get hurt."

Lin Bin nodded and said sincerely, "I'm afraid neither of us can help Mr. Tang in his current state."

"Is it that bad?" Fang Ya asked again.

"The forces he's involved in this time are a little too much for him to take on." Lin Bin served Fang Ya a glass of water and continued.

"Do you know who set him up?" Fang Ya took the glass of water and looked at Lin Bin.

Lin Bin smiled playfully. "How do you know it was the other party who set him up?"

The corner of Fang Ya's mouth twitched. "With that brain of his, he wouldn't be able to come up with such a grand plan."

Lin Bin nodded in agreement. "I thought you two weren't in a good relationship."

Fang Ya shrugged. "There were no actual relationships between us whatsoever. It's just that he's not a difficult person to understand."

Lin Bin thought about it for a moment and said, "I warned him before, but he didn't believe me."

"I can't go into too much detail, but this matter is not easy to handle," Lin Bin emphasized again.

Fang Ya saw that Lin Bin was in a difficult position, so she did not say anything more. She only nodded. "I understand."

Fang Ya chatted with Lin Bin for a while more before she left.

In her previous life, although she had divorced Tang Fu, she no longer paid attention to updates concerning him.

However, in her memory, she seemed to have heard someone mention that Tang Fu was soon caught in a financial fraud case and arrested.

Fang Ya did not know the specific reason, and she did not care about it.

After all, she was having a very hard time in her previous life and could not afford to be distracted even in the slightest.

Fang Ya felt that her conscience regarding Tang Fu's matter was clear, so she did not pursue it further.

When she arrived at the hospital, Fang Ya discovered that Wu Wei had also arrived.

Shao Xiang was filled with joy as she watched Wu Wei clumsily peel an apple for her.

Fang Ya slowly retreated from the door.

Perhaps this was the moment Shao Xiang had been looking forward to the most in all these years. She did not want to go in and disturb the moment.

After standing in the corridor for a while, Fang Ya saw He Feng walking over with something in his hands.

He Feng was a little surprised to see Fang Ya standing outside the door.

Fang Ya walked forward and naturally held He Feng's hand, guiding him away from the ward.

"Wu Wei is here. Let them stay like that for a while," Fang Ya said in a low voice.

He Feng nodded in understanding and followed Fang Ya's footsteps.

"Have you lost weight recently?" He Feng asked out of the blue.

Fang Ya was a little surprised, and then she looked up at He Feng. "You could tell?"

He Feng's face was slightly red. "Yes, it's a little worrying."

Fang Ya laughed out loud. "I've just been a little busy recently."

He Feng looked at Fang Ya with some heartache. "You've been through a lot!"

Fang Ya shook her head and looked at He Feng with a smile.

The two of them walked out of the hospital quietly and sat on the bench at the entrance.

After a long while, He Feng finally spoke. "Have you been in contact with Tang Fu recently?"

Fang Ya did not seem surprised that He Feng would mention Tang Fu.

She shook her head. "No!"

He Feng replied with an "Oh" and did not speak for a long time.

Fang Ya was not in a hurry. She knew that there were some things that she could not ask, and it was not convenient for He Feng to tell her.

After a long while, He Feng spoke again. "If Tang Fu comes looking for you, you must tell me!"

Fang Ya replied with an "En" and looked up at He Feng. "Is Tang Fu in serious trouble?"

He Feng looked at Fang Ya and nodded seriously. "I currently have no way to tell you about his matter. It's just that it's very complicated."

Fang Ya did not ask him any further. She only said, "If he comes to me, I will tell you!

"Also, if you need anything, you can ask his lawyer." Fang Ya recalled Lin Bin's previous words, so she told He Feng about this matter.

"Tang Fu's lawyer?" He Feng did not seem to think that there was such a person.

"He hired a lawyer to deal with his financial problems." Fang Ya briefly explained Lin bin's situation.

"This lawyer should be able to provide you with the materials you need," Fang Ya added.

Upon hearing Fang Ya's words, He Feng suddenly felt that this lawyer should be a key figure.

For some reason, He Feng felt that Fang Ya seemed to be able to see through everything and make the originally complicated and difficult-to-distinguish case suddenly clear.

Chapter 49: Great For Now

When Fang Ya and He Feng returned to the ward, Wu Wei was just about to go out to fetch water.

He was carrying a basin and saw Fang Ya. His face was full of smiles. "Little Ya, you're here!"

Hearing Wu Wei's form of address, Fang Ya felt a moment of discomfort.

She grinned and smiled, making way for Wu Wei.

Shao Xiang looked at Wu Wei's back as he left, smiling so much that she could not close her mouth.

Fang Ya looked at Shao Xiang's happy expression and suddenly felt that her forgiving her for her past actions had perhaps been her greatest gain.

Shao Xiang extended her hand to Fang Ya.

Fang Ya smiled as she walked forward and placed her hand into Shao Xiang's hand.

Shao Xiang held Fang Ya's hand with a grateful expression on her face. "Thank you! I really mean it!"

Fang Ya shook her head and said sincerely, "I also want to thank you for taking care of my father for me for so many years."

This thank you was sincere.

In the past, Fang Ya felt that Shao Xiang had stolen her father and her family.

But now that she thought about it, Shao Xiang had paid no less for this family than she had.

Even the last few years of her father's life had been in Shao Xiang's care.

And as her daughter, she had not done anything.

Now that she thought about it, Fang Ya even felt a little ashamed.

Wu Wei carried the water in and looked at Fang Ya. "Little Ya, I've already applied for a transfer back! You've worked hard recently. I'll take good care of mom later!"

Fang Ya smiled. "We're family. There's no need to be polite."

Hearing Fang Ya's words, Wu Wei suddenly slapped himself in the face.

Fang Ya was shocked and looked at Wu Wei in surprise.

Wu Wei sighed and said, "I'm the one who let you down! I shouldn't have listened to Tang Fu! I shouldn't have treated you like that!"

Fang Ya knew that Wu Wei's confession was sincere.

She smiled and said, "It doesn't matter! It's all in the past!"

Wu Wei suddenly turned to look at He Feng and said, "Captain He, you're the cop here! I have something to report! I have insider information!"

When He Feng heard this, he immediately straightened his face. "Okay! Tell me!"

Wu Wei turned to face He Feng and said, "I went to Tang Fu's house once and saw two men."

"One of them called him Chief Lu," Wu Wei recalled. "He was a tall and thin man wearing glasses."

"Chief Lu?" He Feng frowned and looked at Wu Wei. "Are you sure?"

"Of course not! It was my first time ever seeing this person called Chief Lu. But I've made sure to commit his face to memory!" Wu Wei said with certainty.

Fang Ya tried to recall it in her mind, but she had no impression of this "Chief Lu."

Wu Wei thought for a moment and continued, "I didn't hear what they talked about, but I think they said something about an overseas account."

He Feng's expression became even more serious. "Are you sure you didn't mishear it?"

Wu Wei immediately raised his right hand beside his head and said solemnly, "I swear it! That's what I heard!"

He Feng said to Fang Ya and Shao Xiang, "I have to bring Wu Wei back to make a statement. You guys rest well."

After saying that, He Feng pulled Wu Wei and walked out.

Wu Wei did not struggle. As he was dragged along by He Feng, he turned and said to Fang ya, "Then I'll leave my mother to you!"

Fang Ya and Shao Xiang watched as the two of them walked out.

Shao Xiang looked at Fang Ya worriedly. "Are you alright?"

Fang Ya shook her head. "Wu Wei did nothing wrong. He's only cooperating with the investigation."

Shao Xiang then turned around and leaned against the window.

Then, she asked worriedly, "Then, will those bad guys find Wu Wei?"

Fang ya gently patted Shao Xiang's hand. "Don't worry! The police will not leak any information about Wu Wei!"

Shao Xiang still felt a little uneasy, but she also knew that there was no point in continuing to ask.

Fang Ya looked in the direction of the door. "Perhaps Wu Wei will be the key to solving this case."

He Feng brought Wu Wei to the police station and recorded everything that Wu Wei had heard that day and what else he knew.

After Wu Wei signed the document, he smiled at He Feng. "Why do I feel so good letting this out. It's like a weight being lifted from my heart!"

He Feng looked at Wu Wei and said, "Take good care of your mother in the future!"

Wu Wei put his palms together and said to He Feng, "It's been my good fortune to have Fang Ya as my sister. Having you as my brother-in-law is the icing on the cake!"

Hearing Wu Wei call him brother-in-law, He Feng was suddenly delighted.

He patted Wu Wei on the shoulder and said, "Let me know if there's anything in the future. I'll definitely help you if I can!"

Wu Wei gave He Feng a thumbs-up. "I will be great for now!"

Chapter 50: The Most Comfortable Way To Get Along

Fang Ya returned home and picked up Tang Tang from the large woman's house.

"Mom, I dreamed about dad today." Tang Tang held Fang Ya's hand and looked up at her.

When Fang Ya heard Tang Tang's words, her heart moved slightly. "Do you miss your dad?"

Tang Tang shook her head. "No."

"Then what did Tang Tang dream about?" Fang Ya looked at Tang Tang and asked.

Tang Tang pursed her lips and said, "Daddy was being very angry and terrifying. I was very afraid."

Hearing Tang Tang's words, Fang Ya's heart suddenly clenched.

She hugged Tang Tang tightly. "Daddy will never terrify you again. Don't be afraid."

Tang Tang also hugged Fang Ya tightly. "Don't be afraid either, mommy!"

Fang Ya's heart softened and she comforted her softly.

Fang Ya did not know why Tang Tang would say such a thing.

She had never shown her weakness in front of her daughter, and she had never told Tang Tang about Tang Fu.

But now, it seemed that Tang Tang had already seen everything.

It was not that she did not know anything, but she had never said anything.

Tang Tang gently patted Fang Ya's back. "Mom, is Uncle He my new dad?"

Fang Ya let go of Tang Tang and said to her face to face, "Yes! Would you like Uncle He to be your new daddy?"

Tang Tang nodded heavily. "Yes!"

Fang Ya smiled and said, "In that case, let Uncle He your daddy from now on. Tang Tang, don't be afraid of daddy anymore, okay?"

"Yes!" Tang Tang answered happily, as if the anchor in her heart had finally been released.

Not long after, He Peng came back from school.

He walked up to Fang Ya and hesitated.

Fang Ya looked at He Peng's somewhat awkward appearance and asked gently, "Do you have something to tell me?"

Hearing Fang Ya's question, He Peng seemed to have finally made up his mind. "Aunt Fang, can you hold a parent-teacher meeting for me?"

As if afraid that Fang Ya would refuse, He Peng immediately added, "Father is very busy and doesn't have time, so..."

Fang Ya smiled and said, "Sure! When?"

When He Peng heard that Fang Ya agreed, his eyes immediately lit up. "Next Friday afternoon."

"Okay! I'll be there!" Fang Ya's smile became even more gentle.

He Peng felt as if a heavy burden had been lifted off his shoulders. He put his school bag aside and immediately carried Tang Tang.

Tang Tang was caught off guard and was carried around in circles. She immediately giggled non-stop.

Fang Ya looked at the happy faces of the two children and felt a wave of warmth.

Ever since He Feng returned from abroad, he had also moved to Fang Ya's house for the time being.

This was because He Peng was already used to living in Fang Ya's house and they were closer to school.

Fang Ya and He Feng discussed about it and decided to let He Peng stay here for the time being.

He Feng and He Peng lived together in a small house in the middle.

Although the two of them had already received their marriage certificate, they did not have any further contact.

Fang Ya did not know what He Feng was thinking, but it also slightly eased some of his nervousness.

Although Fang Ya was married, she was not familiar with the way couples got along.

Tang Fu was a person who thought that men were superior to women.

Although he used to like Fang Ya's appearance, he paid her some attention whenever she changed her appearance or freshened up.

As for the couple's life, ever since she had Tang Tang, Fang Ya had refused to get along with Tang Fu, let alone participate in more intimate behavior.

Fang Ya sometimes thought that this was probably the reason why Tang Fu was so determined to divorce her.

In her previous life, Fang Ya often considered herself a victim and felt that she was the most wronged one in this marriage.

When she was determined not to take any money away, she had also taken great foolish pride in it.

But in the end, everything was slammed aside by reality.

In this life, Fang Ya had more time to think about her future.

She had also seen many details that she had not seen in her previous life.

Perhaps, there was not so much right and wrong between husband and wife. They simply shared no love whatsoever!

Therefore, this time with He Feng's marriage, Fang Ya was not in a hurry to succeed.

For her, this marriage was just the right fit. In terms of bonding, it was too early.

He Feng seemed to have the same thoughts as her.

Although the two of them occasionally appreciated each other, they did not speak much, let alone establish any actual courtship.

Fang Ya liked the current pace. While they were newlyweds, they were more like friends living under the same roof.

He Feng saw Fang Ya busying herself in the kitchen and wanted to help. "Is there anything I can do?"

Fang Ya looked back at He Feng.

He was rolling up his sleeves, looking like he was going to do something big.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

95.6K 1.3K 28
''no billie baby i can wait, ill wait for you. please dont leave me. please, i need you'' ''im sorry Honey.'' ''baby im not letting you break up with...
3.4M 143K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
628K 15.5K 200
Rumor had it that Qiao Xi had a weak constitution-a sickly beauty. Rumor had it that she spent a fortune every day on medications-eating them like ca...
1.8M 113K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...