Hockey Towns Favorite Girl

By flyergirl0519

Hazel was what they called the best. An image for woman's hockey, the girl that was going to be good. Till sh... More

A/N
1| Take it From the Top
2| Let's Get You Some Help
3| No One Knows you
4| The New Girl
5| Routine
6| Welcome to Rice Creek City
7| Making A Friend
8| Help Wanted
9| Game Plan
10| Lunch Table Talks
11| A Reminder of Who We Are
12| When You Don't Smile
13 | Team Work
14 |Game Time
15| The Arcade
16| Rules to Win a Fight
17| Who I Am
19| Game Time?
20|Open Skate
21| At My House
22| What have I done
23| Best of the Best
24| Drink orders
25| Count down
26| Game 1
26| Who Are You?
27| Who Are You? cont.
29| You Didn't Know?
30| Together
31| Ladies and Gentleman, Hazel Underwood
32 | Life
33| In a Boys Mind
34| She.
35| I know Something No One Else Does
36| No One Likes a Tattle Tale
37| Body in Hell
38| Ive Been Cheated
39| Cant or Wont?
40| Numb.
41| Go Ahead and Crush My Dreams, Its Fine
42| I am So Sorry
43| Go Get'm Tiger
44| Deal With It
45| The Big Bang
46| The First Game Back
47| The Night to Remember
48| Where we ended up

28| Hi I'm Conner

13.4K 247 14
By flyergirl0519

P.O.V Hazel

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and the sound of my mom and Conner laughing.

I rubbed my eyes slightly, my head was slightly pounding. Fortunately for me I had some pretty light hang overs.

I'd never drink myself to the point of being to miserable in the morning that the night before wasn't fun.

I rose out of bed, the little ball in my head bouncing against my skull alittle harder.

I removed the jeans I had worn to the party and replaced them with my sweatpants.

I also took off Zachs sweatshirt, only because the alcohol sent was strong.

As I did it reveal the tank top I'd worn underneath and instead of smelling like alcohol, it smelled of cologne.

Specifically Zachs, and I was reminded of our time in the garage. My face flushed red as I thought of it and I quickly took off the tank top.

I'd officially crossed the line of just being friends with him now.

I put on a new sweatshirt, just plan white with a small black Nike symbol and brushed through my tangled hair.

When I felt presentable I made my way downstairs to find Conner at the stove cooking breakfast and my mom sitting at the couch drinking coffee and watching the news.

They were smiling and talking to each other and it made me smile.

I missed my family being together, or the days I spent at Conners house with his family.

"Hey pumpkin morning." My mom said with a smile.

Conner looked towards me turning away from the stove for a moment.

"Morning hockey town, how'd you sleep?"

"Good." I replied taking my place at the kitchen table.

Infront of me Conner placed a plate of pancakes and bacon, my mouth watered. And I couldn't decide if I wanted to eat it or if it would make me throw up.

"Eat." Conner said sternly pointing at the food before turning around and getting back to the stove.

I shoved a pancake in my mouth and quickly chewed and swallowed it, the fear of throwing up in front of my mom becoming strong.

Conner looked back from the stove and smirked at me, finding amusement in the consequence of me drinking last night.

"Hun, I was thinking maybe you could take Conner to the rink and show him around." My mom explained trying to get me out of the house to do something with Conner.

But I groaned not feeling like doing anything, I was more planning in telling Conner to find something to do while I slept in bed.

But Conner turned towards my mom with a smile in his face, ready to make my life misery.

"That sounds like a great plan"

I gave him a cold stare and he smiled back at me, trying to reframe from laughing as he did.

"How about we leave in 10?" Conner asked

I grumbled at him before abandoning my pancakes to change. Conner just chuckled to himself grabbing the plate of pancakes and finishing them.

I on the other hand quickly threw on leggings and a sage green sweatshirt.

"Let's go hockey town!" Conner yelled from down stairs.

I just rolled my eyes, throwing my hair back in a low bun.

"Don't rush me!" I yelled back.

I made my way down the stairs and Conner gave me a cheeky grin ready to go.

"Dumb ass." I muttered.

"I heard that." Conner replied causing me to shrug

"Good."

We walked out the front door together waving goodbye to my mom as we did.

And a few minutes later I was waving high to Gail.

"Morning Hazel, didn't expect to see you here today." He said holding out a clip board for me to sign in.

Coach Dave said that I should always sign in just so he could help keep tabs with the volunteer hours and the practice hours.

"Yeah I was just going to show my brother around." I explained and Conner just gave a half assed smile.

"Oh, cool." Gail said looking between me and Conner.

Yeah, I know we look nothing alike but sometimes I forgot we weren't actually related till someone gave us that look.

I just nodded before we turning towards one if the two rinks.

"God I can't believe you told everyone we're related." Conner said quietly

"You do it all the time." I rebuttal'd

He just scuffed finding no counter argument.

I walked us past rink 1 towards the stairs.

"There's two rinks, practice and game." I explained, "there's also 5 offices, 1 indoor training center, and a weight room."

Conner half whistled. "Damn this almost matches our rink. Did you say indoor training center?"

I gestured towards the door that read 'indoor training center".

"Yup though I haven't been inside yet."

As we walked down the hallway/ balcony past the offices the door to coach Daves office opened revealing Mick and Zach.

"Well fuck." Conner said under his breath before taking a deep breath. "Hazel I don't deal with boy drama."

I gave him a look before smiling at Mick and Zach.

"Hey boys, what are you guys doing here?" I asked.

They both looked hung over. Micks surfer boy blonde hair was a mess and there were bags under his eyes. Zach looked as though his head was in major pain but he managed to smile the moment he saw me.

"Oh yeah, coach called us in. An emergency meeting about after game behavior." Mick explained the tension behind his voice clear

Conner sucked in a sharp breath drawing attention to himself.

"Yikes, that had to be a fun talk." He said

Zach looked Conner up and down and I could practically see the questions about Conner piling up in his brain.

"Yeah...  it wasn't the best meeting to sit through at 10 in the morning." Zach said still looking at Conner curiously.

Conner picked up on it quicker than me, the hint of jealousy, as if Zach couldn't a 100 percent believe we were siblings.

And the fucker smirked, eating this shit up like it was a 4 course meal. Looking at me before looking back at Zach.

But he cleared up his act real quick, holding a hand out for Zach to shake

"I didn't get to introduce myself last night. I'm Hazels older brother Conner."

This time I gave him the side eye.

"Only older by four months." I mumbled

Mick also started to look at Conner weird.

"Wait why do you look so familiar?" Mick asked shifting around where he stood.

Like he was trying to place a memory to the face.

Conner chuckled nervously, shaking his left hand slightly. A nervous tick he picked up from hockey with his goalie glove.

"Yeah, no I've been in hockey town articles a few times. Might have seen them." Conner explained.

Micks face of confusion seemed to lighten up, but between Zach and Conner I couldn't tell who was trying to dominate who.

I think Conner was winning, just because he was giving off the whole dad gonna kill the boyfriend vibe.

I cleared my throat and they both looked towards me.

"This is dumb, I regret asking for a tour." Conner mumbled.

"Sorry he's anti social." I explained about ready to step on Conners foot.

Conners jaw clenched with me calling him out like that.

He was the most anti-social, social guy I'd ever met.

Zach just laughed slightly, not yet comfortable.

"Hey can I talk to you... alone for a second?" Zach asked

Causing Mick to laugh slightly, causing me to give him a harsh look.

"Yeah sure." I replied about ready to walk away but I heard Conner mumbled

"Oh my God Hazel Claire Underwood you did not."

I didn't bother looking at Conner as I started to walk away with Zach, but as  we did coach Daves office door opened and his voice boomed down the hallway in a friendly manner.

"Hazel! I though I heard you! Oh and you must be Conner, I've seen your game film you're amazing!"

Dave walked down the hall and gave Conner a hand shake.

"Thank you sir." Conner replied.

Me and Zach stopped and faced towards Dave. Dave seemed utterly impressed to see Conner here, almost like he was some sort of celebrity. He kind of was, don't get me wrong. Conner was already committed to a D-1 college for hockey and planning in playing pro for a living. Needless to say, he would have no issues getting on a team.

"Hazel didn't tell me you were coming." Dave stated

Conner just chuckled looking at me for a second.

"Yeah it was just a last minute visit, I figured I hadn't visited since she moved." Conner explained.

I looked at Zach who's posture completely shifted, like he was realizing something. He inhaled a deep breath before clenching his jaw, running his hands through his hair in a nervous tick.

"Right, well, if you don't mind I would like to look at something with you and Hazel." Coach Dave explained, making me curious.

"Look at what?" I asked raising one eyebrow.

Coach Dave hesitated before speaking again. Looking between Mick and Zach before speaking.

"Just some games film, you know, sense Conners here." Dave looked at me dead in the eyes with no emotion behind his voice.

And immediately I caught on. Realization crossing my face fast. I felt my head ache dissappear, and my posture became serious.

"Yeah, yeah, let's look at it." I said before turning to Zach.

"We need to talk." I stated and Zach shook his head yes.

"But this is important, so text me, let's set up a date and talk about it." I said, leaving no room for debate.

Zach scanned my face trying to understand what was going on. Each day I felt like my secret was becoming clearer and clearer.

"Hazel are you ok?" Zach asked his voice sounding concerned.

I swallowed before speaking.

"I'm trying to be." Was the only way I felt I could answer.

Without lying and without telling the complete truth. I was trying to be ok. And coach Dave, Conner, my mom, Ryan, Killian. They were all trying to help me be ok. And without knowing it Zach and Mick were helping too.

But the sooner I could be myself again the sooner the anxiety attacks stopped, and I could take my anger out on hockey.

I walked into the office with Conner and Dave, shutting the door behind me leaving Zach and Mick in the hall looking confused.

Words: 1773

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 38.2K 41
FREE STORY. PAID BONUS CHAPTERS. ❝What started with a revenge sex, becomes something even more addictive than meth.❞ One buried childhood memory, One...
386K 10.9K 37
tw's: mentions of emotional and physical child abuse, drugs, alcohol "You'd love me even if the star doesn't shine?" "Even then, Nova. Even then." T...
1.5K 24 16
Charlie Smith is new to this years hockey team at Edgewood High. He's already making friends with the hockey team and surely enough attention from th...
959 36 13
"Welcome to the team." Alessandra Russo is playing for her home country in the World Juniors. Will her enemy Jase Anderson who broke her heart be the...