Little Nightmares June and th...

By bruhiwriter1

Mono despises Six yet the two get married on the agreement of working as accomplices in order to gain more po... More

Introduction: A New Partnership
Chapter 1: June
Chapter 2: Oddities
Chapter 3: Unfolded Truths
Chapter 4
Chapter 5: Seeking the Truth
Chapter 6: New Feelings
Chapter 7: Jack
Chapter 8: Mixed Feelings
Chapter 9: It All Unveils
Chapter 10: The Boat
Chapter 11: Friends
Chapter 12: The Barrens
Chapter 13: The Hotel
Chapter 14: A Ballroom and Answers
Chapter 15: Answers
Chapter 16: Fluff
Chapter 17: Jack's Past
Chapter 19: Rail City Part 1
Chapter 20: Rail City Part 2
Chapter 21: Rail City Part 3 A Harsh Truth
Chapter 22: Resolutions
Chapter 23: A New Alliance
Chapter 24: The Blind Eye
Chapter 25: A Silent Way Back Home
Chapter 26: Family Reunion
Chapter 27: Our Fates Meet Again
Chapter 28: The Last Chapter
Epilogue

Chapter 18: Too Many Things At Once

41 1 0
By bruhiwriter1

I feel flustered when Jack grabs my hand all of a sudden after what has happened.

He seems normal when I feel weird inside.

Maybe I misunderstood things, perhaps he is oblivious and I am the only crazy one here.

He is driving me insane though, I can't read him at all.

Does he like me back?

I am too afraid to ask him so I only keep quiet while these thoughts are internally killing me.

You should talk to him June, my mother suddenly jumps in and I feel myself frown.

I only nod a no and Jack gives me a confused glare.

"Are you okay?" he asks me and I smile trying to hide my embarrassment.

"I'm fine...are you okay?" I ask him earning his smile in return which makes my heart leap.

"I'm okay, I'll try not to think about it that much anymore," he tells me with a reassuring look.

"Honestly it felt much better...talking about with someone so thanks," he adds and I smile brightly.

"I'm glad I was able to help," I respond beaming, at least I was able to help him.

"If  it's not too much to ask, but how did you lose your locket?" I ask him  hoping he doesn't feel bothered but I've been feeling intrigued.

"Olivia  gave it to me when we reached The Barrens, we were scavaging for  supplies and landed at the hotel," he begins to explain though he seems  unfazed now.

"Those  same hands tried to get to us, we were lucky to escape but I dropped it  on the shelf...I still can't believe I found it," he says taking it out  all of a sudden.

Its silver color reflects lightly with the lamp's light.

It's simple but it has a lot of value to Jack when he clenches onto it lightly.

I still find myself wondering why it glowed red back at the hotel along with my locket.

I have a feeling that this isn't only about the blind eye but something deeper.

Something that ties Jack with it.

"Olivia  and I were always looking for a safe home...I guess I was the only  lucky one until now," he replies sadly and I give his hand a gentle  squeeze.

"We all make  mistakes Jack, yet we should learn to forgive ourselves sometimes," I  tell him and I feel him pull me closer to him while I follow him into an  open vent.

There is no need for crouching here so we both stand while walking through the dark atmosphere.

"Maybe but it's still hard," he replies and I frown.

"I'm here if you need me," I murmur into his ear and he suddenly stops to face me.

I can't see his features since it is dark, though, his silhouette tells me he is here.

"I  need you June...so promise me you won't leave either?" he tells me and I  feel my cheeks flush before I feel my lips tug into a smile.

"I promise," I respond, and even though I can't see him I know he is smiling.

Jack turns on his flashlight shortly after, the vents are very dark and seem to have no end to them.

We walk for what seems days even though it's probably only been a few hours yet it feels annoying.

We were both tired and Jack was still bruised from the hotel.

After  what seemed to be forever we end up in a vent opening, it seems to be a  lounge so we both crawl out checking our surroundings carefully.

It seems empty for now so we both look around for anything useful.

Jack finds a water bottle to fill up his empty bags and mine.

We also find bread pieces and cheese which we stuff in our bags, my stomach grumbles a bit when we see food in the fridge.

It had been a while since we had eaten and my body was starting to ask me for something to eat.

Without  thinking I begin to nibble on some bread and cheese while chugging on  some water. Jack only looks at me curiously before continuing to stuff  his bag with other useful things.

With that, he gets more cloth and even more, alcohol to treat any future wounds.

I only find food but am satisfied when Jack tells me we should take our leave.

It is deadly quiet, perhaps everyone was asleep so I confidently follow Jack back into the vents.

We get back to the storage room much quicker than it took us to get to the lobby.

We both plop ourselves in one of the potatoes sacks when we arrive peacefully back.

Jack then begins to eat his ration of food, he must have waited just in case.

I  on the other hand begin to fall asleep while my tummy feels full. After  such a stressful and terrifying day I feel at peace for once.

Are you alright dear? my mother asks me, it has been a while since she's spoken.

"I'm alright mother," I respond and I feel her smile.

I'm sorry about earlier...it's just that you two remind me so much of Mono and me when we were younger

I only smile a little.

"That's  fine...if it is not too much to ask, can you tell me stories about how  you met dad?" I ask her and I can feel her smile wider.

Of course, she responds, and with that begins her tale.

Only I can hear it as Jack's snores suddenly fill the room.

She tells me of their first encounter, my mother was taken as a prisoner by a captor who is obsessed with taxedermy.

How she and my father had to run for their lives on several occasions when things became too difficult.

A tale with monsters and corrupt beings being sucked in by Andrew's ruling.

It sounds all too familiar to that other personal journal I found back at the library.

I suddenly sit up while taking out the small drawing tucked at the end of my journal and my mother gasps all of a sudden.

I...I thought I'd lost this, she replies sadly.

"Did you draw this?" I ask her and I feel her nod.

Yes, it was going to be a present...for your father, I don't know how you got it, she replies and I shrug.

"Father kept journals about the tower and in one of these...his journal...was this picture," I respond and she sighs.

I was stupid not to tell him, that I loved him, but I won't do that same mistake twice

"Why didn't you tell him?" I ask her suddenly and she sighs again.

I was afraid of rejection and also he'd been through so much that I didn't want it to be an extra burden, she answers and I frown suddenly.

"He  still loves you...even though that thing is replacing you right now...I  can tell he misses you now," I respond, and all of a sudden I hear her  sniffle.

Did I make her cry?

Oh, no I shouldn't have said that.

"I'm sorry mother I shouldn't-"

It's alright June...I am the only one to blame for this but I want to make things right now...I won't leave you alone anymore, I frown at her response, it wasn't my intention to make her feel bad.

"Mom?" I suddenly ask her.

Yes, June?

"I love you," I tell her, and I can feel her smile again.

I love you too, now you should get some rest, she tells me and I smile before allowing myself to drift away.

June...

June...

June...

'Where am I?' my thoughts feel foggy all of a sudden.

I look around but there is nothing, only darkness.

I feel myself groan a bit before standing up, I feel weak for some reason but I manage to get up.

"Hello?" I call out into the darkness but it only echoes back to me.

"This is weird," I mutter to myself until I can suddenly spot a dim light, it seems far yet I sprint towards it.

The light does not seem to get any closer though, just farther away no matter how hard I try to get to it.

My legs feel slow and I begin to grow desperate.

I suddenly stop to gasp for some air until the once empty void fills with a combination of laughter.

I can't tell who's laughing voice it is.

There are too many and I feel my legs inch backward hoping it'd make a difference.

My vision suddenly becomes blurry before clearing out in a matter of seconds.

Turn around...

I flinch at the boy's voice I knew a little too well already, unfortunately.

For some reason, I feel my body turn around unconsciously and what I see makes my eyes well up in tears.

The darkness is replaced by the same cliff I had seen in my mother's vision where she dropped my father.

There she was holding onto my father for his dear life with an evil glint in her eye.

My father looks terrified and I am just looking like an idiot.

I want to run and help him up but my feet are glued to the floor.

I suddenly see the shadow that posses my mother's body appear before whispering something into her ear.

She looks insane, almost as she is enjoying all of this to her delight.

My mother suddenly let go of my father and I feel my knees drop to the floor as his screams echo through the walls.

"Stop this..stop it," I repeat over and over within sobs until I open my eyes again.

Jack's face is the one looking at me with terror while he is falling to his doom.

"NO  JACK!" I suddenly scream while I see him fall in front of me, the boy's  laughter echoes again mixed in with my fake mother's.

I try to move but I can't.

I can't do anything except cry for the boy I loved.

"STOP IT!" I yell but the laughter only grows louder.

"NO JACK! COME BACK!" but it is no use, he is gone.

"June wake up," I feel my eyes open quickly to meet Jack's gaze, he looks worried.

June are you okay? my mother asks worryingly.

I can feel my tears still falling down my eyes while both Jack and my mother are looking at me worryingly.

But before I can answer I feel myself lunge onto Jack, I wanted to feel him, make sure he was alive and well.

His scent fills my nostrils when he hugs back.

I feel my face dig into his neck while we both hug tightly, no need for words, this was enough.

"Did you have another nightmare?" he asks me but I don't respond, I don't want to, I just want to be like this.

Jack doesn't say anything after.

We just stay like that for a few moments.

"I  promised you I wouldn't go anywhere...but you gotta promise too," I  tell him suddenly and he suddenly pulls me closer to his chest.

"I promise June," he responds.

"No you have to say it, I just...want to hear it," I tell him and he frowns.

"I promise I'll never leave your side," he tells me and I feel a little bit more at ease.

"Can we stay like this for tonight?" I ask him and I hear him sigh.

"Sure," and I feel myself suddenly drift into another slumber hopefully without any nightmares.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 37 7
He smiled warmly up at her, tears spilling over. "I'm sorry," he choked out, and he really was. The last thing he wanted was to leave Six all by hers...
11.2K 269 21
Book 3 of 4 Six has escaped from the Maw, she has now returned to the Pale City. She needs to know if Mono is alive or not. She faces new monsters, o...
22.3K 874 12
This is what I wish happend but never will :'( I own nothing except the little add ons and the plot. I'll be adding my own monster creations and some...
63.9K 2.3K 47
Trapped in a vicious cycle, time and time again Mono has only known failure. Bound by an incomprehensible force and queer visions of deja vu, all of...