𝐀𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐬 | ʜᴀʀʀʏ ᴘᴏᴛᴛ...

emwritesbooksss द्वारा

'𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐮𝐬, 𝐦𝐲 𝐀𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐬, 𝐰𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥' BOOK 1. [Prisoner of Azkaban - Deathly Ha... अधिक

⚜️
✧. * 001. Witch ✧. *
✧. * 002. Hogwarts✧. *
✧. * Third Year ✧. *
✧. * 003. Llewelyn ✧. *
✧. * 004. Sirius Black ✧. *
✧. * 005. The Dementor ✧. *
✧. * 007. Death upon you ✧. *
✧. * 008. Buckbeak ✧. *
✧. * 009. The Boggart ✧. *
✧. * 010. Talks with Lupin✧. *
✧. * 011. Dadfoot...In the castle? ✧. *
✧. * 012. Dementor playing Quidditch? ✧. *
✧. * 013. The Marauders Map ✧. *
✧. * 014. Hogsmeade ✧. *
✧. * 015. A present from who? ✧. *
✧. * 016. Talks of the past ✧. *
✧. * 017. The Black Swan ✧. *
✧. * 018. The Firebolt ✧. *
✧. * 019. Mystery after mystery✧. *
✧. * 020. Snape's Grudge ✧. *
✧. * 021. Sliver Flames ✧. *
✧. * 022. The Final Match ✧. *
✧. * 023. Exams and Buckbeak✧. *
✧. * 024. Cats, Rat, and Dog ✧. *
✧. * 025. Moony, Worm​tail, Pad​foot and Prongs ✧. *
✧. * 026. True identity ✧. *
✧. * 027. Out in the moonlight ✧. *
✧. * 028 Hermione's secret ✧. *
✧. * 029. Owl post ✧. *
✧. * 030. Old Photographs ✧. *
✧. * Fourth Year ✧. *
✧. *031. Family Reunion ✧. *
✧. * 032. Visions and burrow ✧. *
✧. * 033. Weasley's Wizard Wheezes ✧. *
✧. * 034. Portkeys and unexpected gambles ✧. *
✧. * 035. The Quidditch World Cup ✧. *
✧. * 036. The unexpected happens ✧. *
✧. * 037. Back to Hogwarts✧. *
✧. * 038. Tournaments & new students ✧. *
✧. * 039. The New Ferret in Town✧. *
✧. * 040. The unforgivable curses ✧. *
✧. * 041. Other schools arrive ✧. *
✧. * 042. The Goblet of Fire ✧. *
✧. * 043. Compete or die ✧. *
✧. * 044. Centre of attention ✧. *
✧. *045. Ukrainian Ironbelly ✧. *

✧. * 006. The Knight ✧. *

3.3K 104 42
emwritesbooksss द्वारा

T H E   K N I G H T 

"Yeah, we'll call you, if we ever need someone mental..."

THE SORTING CEREMONY had gone quicker than Aurora had expected. Ron had joined them five minutes later and once again the twins had stopped talking about their latest ideas. It was top secret.

Harry and Hermione came in after the sorting. Both she and Ron were about to ask them why McGonagall wanted them but stopped when the headmaster started to speak. Aurora rolled her eyes at the interruption. Aurora had never really liked their headmaster. There were so many things that were off about him. However, the rest of the group liked Dumbledore. The trust wasn't there yet.

"Welcome!" Dumbledore said, the candlelight shimmering on his beard. "Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast ..." Dumbledore cleared his throat and continued. "As you will all be aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the Dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business."

Aurora lowered her head a little. She knew why and what he was about to say.

"They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds," Dumbledore continued, "and while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises – or even Invisibility Cloaks," he added blandly, and Aurora, Harry, and Ron glanced at each other. "It is not in the nature of a Dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I, therefore, warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to the Prefects, and our new Head Boy and Girl, to make sure that no student runs foul of the Dementors."

Percy, who was sitting a few seats along Aurora, puffed out his chest again and stared around impressively. Dumbledore paused again; he looked very seriously around the hall, and nobody moved or made a sound.

"On a happier note," he continued, "I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our ranks this year. Firstly, Professor Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defence Against the DarkArts teacher."

There was some scattered, rather unenthusiastic, applause. Only those who had been in the compartment on the train with Professor Lupin clapped hard, Aurora among them. Professor Lupin looked particularly shabby next to all the other teachers in their best robes.

As Aurora clapped, she studied the professor. He had looked at her, like a ghost from the past appeared in front of him. She had thought maybe he knew her biological mother and father before they went missing from her life, and she looked so much like them - Aurora didn't have a clue what they looked like. That was the only conclusion she had about his behaviour.

"Look at Snape!" Aurora heard Ron hiss in Harry's ear. Professor Snape, the Potions master, was staring along the staff table at Professor Lupin. It was common knowledge that Snape wanted the Defence Against the Dark Arts job, but even Aurora, who hated Snape with her whole heart, was startled at the expression twisting his thin, sallow face. It was beyond anger: it was loathing. Aurora knew that expression all too well; it was the look Snape wore every time he set eyes on her.

"As to our second new appointment," Dumbledore continued, as the lukewarm applause for Professor Lupin died away, "well, I am sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, retired at the end of last year in order to enjoy more time with his remaining limbs. However, I am delighted to say that his place will be filled by none other than Rubeus Hagrid, who has agreed to take on this teaching job in addition to his gamekeeping duties."

Aurora, Harry, Ron, and Hermione stared at each other, stunned. Then they joined in with the applause, which was tumultuous at the Gryffindor table in particular.

"We should've known! Ron roared, pounding the table. "Who else would have set us a biting book?" Harry, Ron, and Hermione were the last to stop clapping, and as Professor Dumbledore started speaking again, they saw that Hagrid was wiping his eyes on the tablecloth.

"Well, I think that's everything of importance," Dumbledore said. "Let the feast begin!" The golden plates and goblets before them filled suddenly with food and drink.

Aurora had always enjoyed the first feast back at Hogwarts. It was delicious; the Hall echoed with talk, laughter, and the clatter of knives and forks. Harry, Ron, and Hermione, however, were eager for it to finish so that they could talk to Hagrid. While Aurora took her time eating, refiling her plate when desserts appeared.

When the last morsels of pumpkin tart had melted from the golden platters, Dumbledore gave the word that it was time for them all to go to bed, and the three of them walked off to congratulate Hagrid. Aurora was going to but she seemed to eat way too much pudding which made her feel sick.

She knew Madam Promfrey would scowl at her if she went to the hospital wing for overeating. One time, Madam Promfrey had told her that she reminded her of one student that was in Gryffindor that did the same thing. She believed her name was Marlene McKinnon.

So she decided to just go straight to the Gryffindor tower. As she was walking out of the Great Hall, a pair of arms wrapped around her shoulders.

"Can I speak to you alone, Rory?" A familiar voice asked her. Atlas. She nodded her head but narrowed her eye at him for the nickname - although she wished she didn't. Her stomach was aching and she kind of had an idea why he wanted to talk to her. Rory had also been a nickname Atlas made up. She hated it. In fact, she hates nicknames in general.

"What is it?" She asked as they stood away from the crowd.

"The Dementors. I know why they are guarding Hogwarts." He said, lowering his voice.  "It's because of -"

"- Sirius Black, I know."

Atlas's eyes widen. "You know?"

"Of course, I know. Mr. Wealsey told me - technically I ears dropped but that doesn't matter. How do you know?" Aurora asked Atlas who scratched the back of his neck.

"Lucius actually told me, Narcissa also... it doesn't matter. How do you feel about the situation?" Atlas asked Aurora, who sighed.

"I - I'll be honest with you. If Black comes to try and kill us, I won't hesitate to try and kill him back or at least hurt him enough that when the Dementors or whoever comes, he can't run away again. Family or not, he means nothing to me." Aurora said with no hesitation.

Atlas was quiet for a moment, before saying, "If he tries to hurt you...I'll make sure I'm the one that kills him or hurt him at least. Not you..."

"Are you trying to play protective big brother?" Aurora joked, nudging him a little,

"Of course. Wouldn't want my little sis hurt by our own psychotic father." Atlas replied, grinning. Aurora only rolled her eyes and waved him off.

Her stomach now swirled into fear. There was a high chance, Sirius Black would come to get her, Atlas, and Harry - she didn't know how Harry fit into all of this. But she wanted to be ready for when the time comes. Maybe spending more time in the library with Hermione will come in handy...

***

When Aurora, Harry, Ron, and Hermione entered the Great Hall for breakfast the next day, the first thing they saw was Draco Malfoy, who seemed to be entertaining a large group of Slytherins with a very funny story. As they passed, Malfoy did a ridiculous impression of a swooning fit and there was a roar of laughter.

Aurora flipped the group off, not caring that some of her friends were sitting there trying their best to look like they weren't involved. However, she noticed that Atlas had not been present at the table. He never was present in the mornings.

"Ignore him," Hermione said, who was right behind Harry. "Just ignore him, it's not worth it ..."

"Hey, Potter!" Pansy shrieked. "Potter! The Dementors are coming, Potter! Woooooooo!"

"Piss off Pansy. Not like you were wetting yourself when the Dementors were on the train." Aurora snarled at the group, who went quiet as she dropped into a seat at the Gryffindor table, next to George Weasley.

"New third-year timetables," George said, passing them over. "What's up with you, Harry?"

"Malfoy," Ron and Aurora said at the same time and glared over at the Slytherin table. George looked up in time to see Draco pretending to faint with terror again. "That little git," he said calmly "He wasn't so cocky last night when the Dementors were down our end of the train. Came running into our compartment, didn't he, Fred?"

"Nearly wet himself," Fred said, with a contemptuous glance at Draco.

"Really?" Aurora said, a large grin forming on her face. The twins nodded their heads, grins forming on their faces as if they knew what she was thinking. She was going to take the piss out of Draco.

"I wasn't too happy myself," George continued, his grin dropping. "They're horrible things, those Dementors ..."

"Sort of freeze your insides, don't they?" Fred said.

"You didn't pass out, though, did you?" Harry said in a low voice.

"Forget it, Harry," George said bracingly. "Dad had to go out to Azkaban one time, remember, Fred? And he said it was the worst place he'd ever been. He came back all weak and shaking ...They suck the happiness out of a place, Dementors. Most of the prisoners go mad in there."

"Anyway, we'll see how happy Malfoy looks after our first Quidditch match," Fred said. "Gryffindor versus Slytherin, the first game of the season, remember?"

Aurora remembered when Atlas begged her to join the Quidditch team so they could fly their brooms after classes but Aurora refused. She hates Quidditch. Flying on brooms and hitting balls into goals was not her thing. It was like soccer and football mashed into one. She hated both in her muggle school.

Aurora then helped herself to the food around her, ignoring her timetable. She didn't want to think of schoolwork at the moment.

Hermione was examining her new timetable. "Ooh, good, we're starting some new subjects today," she said happily.

"Great," Aurora mumbled, shoving pancakes into her mouth. The only subject she was looking forward to was Care of Magical Creatures.

"Hermione," Ron said, frowning as he looked over her shoulder, "they've messed up your timetable. Look – they've got you down for about ten subjects a day. There isn't enough time."

"I'll manage. I've fixed it all with Professor McGonagall."

"But look," Ron said, laughing, "see this morning? Nine o'clock, Divination. And underneath, nine o'clock, Muggle Studies. And –" Ron leaned closer to the timetable, disbelieving, "look – underneath that, Arithmancy, nine o'clock. I mean, I know you're good, Hermione, but no one's that good. How're you supposed to be in three classes at once?"

"Don't be silly," Hermione said shortly. "Of course, I won't be in three classes at once.''

"Well, then –''

"Pass the marmalade Ron. Please." Aurora said, trying to cover for Hermione. Both she and Hermione shared a look. Ron was always so nosy.

"But Hermione's –''

"-Oh, Ron, what's it to you if my timetable's a bit full?" Hermione snapped. "I told you, I've fixed it all with Professor McGonagall."

Just then, Hagrid entered the Great Hall. He was wearing his long moleskin overcoat and was absent-mindedly swinging a dead polecat from one enormous hand.

"All right'?" he said eagerly, pausing on the way to the staff table. "Yer in my firs' ever lesson! Right after lunch! Bin up since five gettin' everythin' ready ... hope it's OK ... me, a teacher ...hones'ly ..." He grinned broadly at them and headed off to the staff table, still swinging the polecat.

"Wonder what he's been getting ready?" Ron said, a note of anxiety in his voice. The Hall was starting to empty as people headed off toward their first lesson. Ron checked his timetable."We'd better go, look, Divinations at the top of North Tower. It'll take us ten minutes to get there..."

They finished their breakfast hastily, said goodbye to Fred and George, and walked back through the hall. As they passed the Slytherin table, Malfoy did yet another impression of a fainting fit, and growing frustrated of Draco's childish acts, Aurora was about to have a go at him, when Hermione quickly grabbed her hand, and tugged her away from the Slytherin table.

Aurora was about to protest but stopped when Hermione gave her a look. Aurora huffed in annoyance but didn't say anything else as they walked away.

The journey through the castle to North Tower was a long one. Two years at Hogwarts hadn't-taught them everything about the castle, and they had never been inside North Tower before.

"There's – got – to – be – a – short–cut," Ron panted, as they climbed their seventh long staircase and emerged on an unfamiliar landing, where there was nothing but a large painting of a bare stretch of grass hanging on the stone wall.

"Feels - like - I'm - dying," Aurora said, panting as they made it to flat ground.

"I think it's this way," Hermione said, peering down the empty passage to the right.

"Can't be," Ron said. "That's south. Look, you can see a bit of the lake out of the window ..."

Aurora hadn't been listening much from there onwards. She was out of breath and just wanted to find her stupid classroom. So when a voice yelled next to them, she jumped a little.

"Aha!"

Aurora turned her head over to the direction of the voice. It was a painting. Great.

"What villains are these that trespass upon my private lands! Come to scorn at my fall, perchance? Draw, you knaves, you dogs!"

They watched in astonishment as the little knight tugged his sword out of its scabbard and began brandishing it violently, hopping up and down in rage. But the sword was too long for him; a particularly wild swing made him overbalance, and he landed face down in the grass.

"Are you all right?" Harry said, moving closer to the picture.

"Get back, you scurvy braggart! Back, you rogue!" The knight seized his sword again and used it to push himself back up, but the blade sank deeply into the grass and, though he pulled with all his might, he couldn't get it out again. Finally, he had to flop back down onto the grass and push up his visor to mop his sweating face.

"Listen," Harry said, taking advantage of the knight's exhaustion, "we're looking for the North Tower. You don't know the way, do you?"

"A quest!" The knight's rage seemed to vanish instantly. He clanked to his feet and shouted, "Come follow me, dear friends, and we shall find our goal, or else shall perish bravely in the charge!"

He gave the sword another fruitless tug, tried and failed to mount the fat pony, and cried, "On foot then, good sirs and gentle ladies! On! On!" And he ran, clanking loudly, into the left-hand side of the frame and out of sight. They hurried after him along the corridor, following the sound of his armour.

Every now and then they spotted him running through a picture ahead."Be of stout heart, the worst is yet to come!" yelled the knight, and they saw him reappear in front of an alarmed group of women in crinolines, whose picture hung on the wall of a narrow, spiral staircase.

Puffing loudly, Aurora, Harry, Ron, and Hermione climbed the tightly spiralling steps, getting dizzier and dizzier, until at last they heard the murmur of voices above them, and knew they had reached the classroom.

"Farewell!" cried the knight, popping his head into a painting of some sinister-looking monks."Farewell, my comrades-in-arms! If ever you have need of noble heart and steely sinew, call upon Sir Cadogan!"

"Yeah, we'll call you," Ron muttered, as the knight disappeared, "if we ever need someone mental."

They climbed the last few steps and emerged onto a tiny landing, where most of the class was already assembled. There were no doors off this landing; Ron nudged Aurora and pointed at the ceiling where there was a circular trap door with a brass plaque on it.

"Sybill Trelawney, Divination teacher" Harry read.

"How the hell are we supposed to get up there?" Aurora said, frowning. However, as to answer her question the trap door suddenly opened, and a silvery ladder descended right at their feet.

Everyone went quiet.

"Ladies first," Ron said, grinning, Aurora cursed under her breath and climbed the ladder first.

She emerged into the strangest-looking classroom she had ever seen. In fact, it didn't look like a classroom at all; more like a cross between someone's attic and an old-fashioned teashop. At least twenty small, circular tables were crammed inside it, all surrounded by chintz armchairs and fat little pouffes.

Everything was lit with a dim, crimson light; the curtains at the windows were all closed, and the many lamps were draped with dark red scarves. It was stiflingly warm, and the fire which was burning under the crowded mantelpiece was giving off a heavy, sickly sort of perfume as it heated a large, copper kettle.

The shelves running around the circular walls were crammed with dusty-looking feathers, stubs of candles, many packs of tattered playing cards, countless silvery crystal balls, and a huge array of teacups.

Ron and Hermione appeared at Aurora's shoulder as the class assembled around them, all talking in whispers.

"Where is she?" Ron said. A voice came suddenly out of the shadows, a soft, misty sort of voice. "Welcome," it said. "How nice to see you in the physical world at last."

***

A/N: sorry if this chapter is boring. It was a filler chapter 🫶🏻

Also thank you, guys, so much for 300 reads! This means so much to me <33

WC: 3225

"If one thing had been different, would everything be different today?"

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

83.3K 3K 50
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
1.1M 36.1K 62
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
227K 6.7K 77
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
195K 6.9K 96
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...